PDA

View Full Version : Sahara Tent VS. Ultra Music fest.

lowfront
11-23-2009, 07:51 AM
So one of my buddies that has been coming with me to coachella is thinking of bailing on me to go to ultra instead this year.

His reasons...

Cheaper (we are from boston)
Better and more electro acts

Now I will be going to coachella regardless and prob won't be going to ultra for many different reasons. And I'm a sahara head.

So who went to both???

What are your thoughts comparing the two?

Distorted_Jungle
11-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Stupid to try and compare.

Ultra is a 5 or 6 stage electronic music events with no art and no camping, Coachella is a Multi-Genre Music & Art festival with almost all the electronic acts on 1 stage. If you want all electronic music and nothing else go to Ultra, if you want to see some of the best artist from Ultra that will also be playing coachella as well as acts that would NEVER play ultra go to Coachella. I've been to both multiple times and if i had to only go to one it would be Coachella hands down.

ELECtROjan
11-23-2009, 09:08 AM
So one of my buddies that has been coming with me to coachella is thinking of bailing on me to go to ultra instead this year.

His reasons...

Cheaper (we are from boston)
Better and more electro acts

Now I will be going to coachella regardless and prob won't be going to ultra for many different reasons. And I'm a sahara head.

So who went to both???

What are your thoughts comparing the two?

One of my friends in who grew up in California and goes to school in Miami says Ultra itself is fun but has its limits. The quality of artists is unbeatable anywhere in the world but the festival is mostly during the day (2-12 and doesnt get dark till 9) and if you really want to experience Miami for the music you have to go out to the club nights, making it more expensive. Having gone to EDC with him three times he says he prefers LA/Coachella because the weather is a lot better (Miami during March is really humid) the crowd is better quality with hotter girls and less guidos, and no matter how many big names are there, you can only catch one at a time. Granted Ive never been to Ultra but I consider him pretty knowledgeable having been to EDC, Ultra, Coachella, Creamfields, Glastonberry, and ILT....

Botrocker
11-23-2009, 10:08 AM
It's all about WMC, Ultra is just a part of that.

chairmenmeow47
11-23-2009, 10:35 AM
i will probably never be able to afford it, but i'd like to go to ultra one day.

Distorted_Jungle
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM

THIS. The entire week is what it's all about, you could go to maimi and not go to Ultra and probably have a better time. Still say you can't compare the two either way.

leo01g
11-23-2009, 10:47 AM

This. If you're 21 the party never stops...trust me

Aphxtwinin
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Ultra is in my backyard (i live next door to UM) and i avoid that shit like the plague, i only go if my gf really wants to or if i have nothing better to do...Coachella offers A LOT more, and its much cheaper and more fun to go catch your favorite acts in the local clubs rather than at Ultra.

Aphxtwinin
11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
i will probably never be able to afford it, but i'd like to go to ultra one day.

you can save money on a hotel by staying at my place if you ever wanted to

chairmenmeow47
11-23-2009, 03:09 PM
thanks, from what i hear though, drinks cost more than hotels out there :p