PDA

View Full Version : ATP New York 2010

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

bmack86
01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
You'd have fun probably. The atmosphere is really fun, and it's not the kind of place where I want to be drinking lots. ATP is definitely better, though, but ATP's kind of on another level.

PotVsKtl
01-22-2010, 01:03 PM
I would like to attend this event.

rskapcat
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
The huge crowd is why I'm happy the beer gardens exist. The douchebag factor is much higher at Coachella than at ATP. The broad lineup attracts more casual fans.

rskapcat
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Oh, and I'm excited about ATP NY info in the near future. :)

PotVsKtl
01-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Someone shelter me.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 01:11 PM
intense heat + huge crowds + slightly shitty parts of the line-up etc makes it sound like a hellhole for me personally. but i'm probably wrong?

It is a lot of fun. Totally different kind of festival. There are definitely moments of suffering with the heat/crowds, but it really is a good time.

So pumped for the news.

miscorrections
01-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Next week will be a good week.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Well i started going to reading fest etc over here when i was 13 so by the time i got to 19 or 20 i had really had enough of big events like that, and ATP (and to some extent its british followers) was indeed the perfect antidote. I always had fun at those big fests like Reading but in general i just think the fan experience can be a lot better at a small event (especially with proper beds and indoor soundsystems) than a large one...i suppose in my mind i imagine coachella as being similar to glastonbury but with inescapable heat + lack of beer, which probably means i am just indeed a stereotypical drunk englishman.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 01:20 PM
to add evidence to your assumption... I'll probably be attending ATP NY over Coachella this year. I may hit one day of Coachella since it's only a fair drive away... But the small festivals take the cake.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Wait till you guys see some more of the art we have for saturday and sunday, its killer. Oooooooh and who's curating eh? Exciting :-)

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
To continue my ramblings... i guess its the difference between the fact that at some festivals you endure the crowds and camping for the enjoyment of the music, whereas at others I miss the people and the place almost as much as the music. Will be a sad day when Kutshers is no longer a viable venue; we've come to love the place despite it's idiosyncracies :-)

miscorrections
01-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Kutsher's is an outstanding venue. Absolutely tops.

miscorrections
01-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Also, don't tease just 'cause you know more than we do.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 01:28 PM
The people at ATP NY this last time were incredible as well.

Is there already a timeline for when Kutshers is out of the equation? Or is it just as it comes?

LooseAtTheZoo
01-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I would also like to point out that Kutshers is mentioned in one my all time favorite movies, Wet Hot American Summer. Until after ATP this year I had never gotten the reference.

So... Becca, I'm buying my ticket this weekend. Let me know the best way to get you the money.

Jamie, Arcade Fire are headlining, aren't they?

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 01:39 PM
I think everyone just realises that with the way that the general area is pretty economically depressed and a huge amount of the borscht belt hotels have closed, its not realistic to expect that kutshers will be there forever; saying that we'd love to keep using it as long as its possible for us and them.

Arcade Fire would be pretty cool yes.

The first time we did ATPNY i was really worried the whole crowd would be uber hipster scummy folks - maybe because brooklyn vegan had kindly done so many news stories and the people who comment on there are the worst people on earth - but actually other than a slightly older average age the crowd for ATP NY is pretty much the same as ATP UK - generally pretty mellow and friendly super music geeks. which is good.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 01:40 PM
by the way if any of you are interested we just put on sale the remaining posters from 2008:
http://www.atpfestival.com/store/catalogue/type/useventposter.php

we'll have the 2009 remainders on sale next week, plus any tshirts and hoodies from the last two years will be up within a month or so hopefully.

dorkfish
01-22-2010, 02:11 PM
The first time we did ATPNY i was really worried the whole crowd would be uber hipster scummy folks - maybe because brooklyn vegan had kindly done so many news stories and the people who comment on there are the worst people on earth - but actually other than a slightly older average age the crowd for ATP NY is pretty much the same as ATP UK - generally pretty mellow and friendly super music geeks. which is good.
Well, the BrooklynVegan commenters are closest to the lowest forms of internet internet life that you'll find. I actually doubt you could find such a large quantity of assholes in the real world.

So you are saying that we find out the curator next week or will it just be a lovely list of additional bands?

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
That's gonna be a wait and see, sorry!

dorkfish
01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I can be patient.

So which of the upcoming names are you most excited to see?

dorkfish
01-22-2010, 02:23 PM
As for a serious question, was everyone at ATP/Kutshers happy with the security last year, or should we expect more security in 2010? Not that it wasn't easy to get beer into your room, I just am hoping that they aren't going to increase bag searching and do something silly like check cars when they enter the parking lots.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 02:33 PM
No plans to change security as far as i've heard. I don't think we had any major problems or complaints from bands or punters.

Hmmmm i'm probably most excited to see Sleep again; their two shows for us in the uk last year were absolutely amazing - some of the best live rock i've ever seen...possibly reaching towards being as enjoyable as when i saw Sabbath.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
i've gotten pretty pumped about sleep. saw them in a documentary on underground metal called Such Hawks Such Hounds a little while back.

i'm pretty sure my plan for their set involves tussin and vodka.

dorkfish
01-22-2010, 02:43 PM
i'm pretty sure my plan for their set involves tussin and vodka.
Don't vomit on my druid costume.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
i'd say alcohol is the wrong route to take for their set.

Also: iggy & stooges in a <3000 capacity venue with no barrier? oh shit.

dorkfish
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
If Iggy doesn't put a boot to my chin, I'll feel cheated.

pancakespancakes
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Marijuana.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 02:48 PM
i was thinking heavier on the tussin end than vodka.

i've seen enough stoner rock stoned. time to try it zurped.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
mentioning the stardust ballroom; i also like the fact that as well as the killer soundsystem it also feels like its even smaller than 3000 - feels more like a 1500-2000 person venue most of the time

pancakespancakes
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Also: iggy & stooges in a <3000 capacity venue with no barrier? oh shit.

Jesus. I didn't know ATP was even this small. How can Friday tickets not sell like hotcakes?

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM
i don't think there are single day tickets yet.

mountmccabe
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM

Woohoo

generally pretty mellow and friendly super music geeks. which is good.

This is very, very good. I loved the crowd at ATP NY.

J~$$$$
01-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Kutsher's VS Raleigh ??? I am down to get a stragglers room since I have not committed yet.

dorkfish
01-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Kutshers is better since you're already there and can fall asleep without having to catch a bus or drive.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
that said. i did raleigh the first year, and a hotel the second... and it was still an incredible time. just slightly more inconvenient.

J~$$$$
01-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks. Damn. I have a feeling they all are going to be booked by next week.

Courtney
01-22-2010, 03:28 PM
I second Brad's bit about Kutsher's being generally superior and more convenient. However, the Raleigh has unusually phenomenal wallpaper and carpeting for the interior decor-inclined, so there's always that too.

TommyboyUNM
01-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Justin studied interior decorating in college.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Raleigh is worth it once for the experience i think because its a pretty weird time capsule plus they've improved a lot of the rooms since the first year we did it, but the hardcore atpny regulars generally prefer Kutshers. By the way friday day tickets are on sale. Friday bill isn't full actually, i think we may be adding another band or two, and obviously the comedy.

chiapet
01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
My room at the Raleigh (the first year) was really awful. The Kutschers rooms just seemed slightly shabby. Plus, that shuttle ride, as short as it is, is a bit inconvenient when you're rushing to get to the first acts. Not to mention that you could catch a few minutes of sleep or go drink in the precious little down time.

If I go to ATP again, I'd stay at Kutschers (or get a motel in town if the Raleigh was all that was left).

J~$$$$
01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Justin studied interior decorating in college.

I just hope the room im in, the Étagère has some charming knick knacks and the Chinoiserie has some influence that complements the retro borscht modernism.

jamie_atp
01-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Everyone knows Sammy Davis Jr wing is the place to be. It's like the red room from twin peaks with added mezuzahs.

J~$$$$
01-22-2010, 03:56 PM
okay, now I feel like I must have big sunglasses and a gold medallion when visiting to pay homage.

Courtney
01-22-2010, 04:04 PM

This is most excellent.

[Things which make it sound like Justin is attending]

This is most excellent.

Hey all.

Hopefully have some big news for you all in next week, thanks for hanging in there.

This is also most excellent.

Peeeeeeeeersonally (and lets hope i dont get banned for this) re: Coachella, although i've never been to it, i just cannot imagine being at a festival where you couldn't drink whilst watching the bands. Yes it makes me sound like a stereotypical drunken britisher, but i just can't imagine it. plus the intense heat + huge crowds + slightly shitty parts of the line-up etc makes it sound like a hellhole for me personally. but i'm probably wrong?

Although Coachella and ATP NY are completely different when it comes to size, audience, lineup and atmosphere, I think part of the reason I personally have found them both so appealing in past years is their fundamental nature as destination events. Their unique locations lends to a pilgrimage-like experience in both cases, where the experience of taking the time to travel to the event creates a very special sort of excitement.

However, I have to admit that in recent years, I have been finding that I have less patience for the more negative aspects of the Coachella experience: the long lines, extreme weather, disrespectful audience members, russian roulette parking lots, sound problems, and outrageous prices. Whereas in the past I might have gone regardless of lineup, I increasingly am waiting to see if anything in the lineup is especially extraordinary before committing to attending.

That said, I do still love Coachella for the things it offers. When they get it right, they get it SO right. Seeing bands like the Pixes, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine and LCD Soundsystem put on killer performances over the years has been why I keep on coming back. Not to mention all the awesome people that I have met there over the years, and all the fun times had. Those experiences override any douchey Jack Johnson-loving frat boys or bottle-throwing Rage Against the Machine fans.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
so when do we get the full line up to this?

miscorrections
01-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I need to buy my ticket.

bmack86
01-22-2010, 05:11 PM
As do I. I'm hopefully going to wait for a little while to do it.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I will buy my ticket as long as I am even mildly excited by the curator or headliner for Saturday. Only way I wouldn't go is if it was a total bomb on both fronts. Regardless, I'll be equipped to buy next week (and get you money corrina).

Courtney
01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
I bought my ticket today. Wooot. Now I just need to buy a plane ticket, reserve a rental car, and pay back Becca for the hotel.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-22-2010, 05:24 PM
I really have to see how this shapes up before I commit. Even tho the last 2 years have been stellar.

J~$$$$
01-22-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm with most, those that still need a room and are open to sharing....let's get a stratigic plan together.

kitt kat
01-23-2010, 01:03 PM
ok, now i'm stoked.

i really wish the 3 person kutscher's rooms were still available. don't have enough cool people to ditch bargainchella to fill a 6-er. i think we might go raleigh this year (woo)

jamie, come on --- it's pavement, right? (right?) seriously, the thought of putting my boyfriend and malkmus next to each other and comparing their undeniable twinage makes me so potentially excited. hah.

ticket soon. i'll be watching those JFK plane tickets like a mofo.

bmack86
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Let us know if you find a killer deal

jamie_atp
01-23-2010, 01:24 PM
It's not pavement.

rskapcat
01-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I knew I remembered reading something about no Pavement for ATP NY:

Consequence of Sound blog interviewed Spiral Stairs and Pavement is a no go for ATP NY 2010.

wmgaretjax
01-23-2010, 01:34 PM
It's not pavement.

When is the Swans ATP? Please?

LooseAtTheZoo
01-23-2010, 02:00 PM
It's Arcade Fire, people.

wmgaretjax
01-23-2010, 02:09 PM
what bands have opened for the arcade fire? electrelane, st. vincent, handsome furs, wolf parade, clinic, the national, patrick wolf?

that could be a good time.

bmack86
01-23-2010, 02:11 PM
It'd be interesting, and I'm sure they'd curate a good fest, but I don't know how excited I could get with Arcade Fire as the curator. F'Lips and MBV both seem like they have weirder and broader taste. But what do I know.

wmgaretjax
01-23-2010, 02:12 PM
That's my initial thought as well. I'd probably prefer them as the Saturday headliner instead. Flips did an incredible job, and I didn't even stay for their set.

bmack86
01-23-2010, 02:14 PM
yeah, they'd be fantastic as the Saturday heads. And I'd love to see them in such a small venue.

kitt kat
01-23-2010, 03:06 PM
It's not pavement.

i think i just heard my heart break.

i'm not really into the kind of bands AF would bring around. too many glockenspiels and chimes, not enough NOISETOTHEFACE.

AF on saturday would be lovely, though.

oh and bryan: LAX to JFK is $182 each way right now on the atp dates on american.

kitt kat
01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
OMG IT'S NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL.

that's all i could come up with.

MissingPerson
01-23-2010, 03:14 PM
If I might interject, I think they're into a bigger spectrum than you might think. Win was a huge Jay Reatard fan, and Richard loves him some Aphex Twin. The sound they make isn't a direct representation of the music they listen to, like. The Glockenspeily Chimey stuff is mainly coming from Régine or Will, I suspect.

Carry on.

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 03:15 PM
what bands have opened for the arcade fire? electrelane, st. vincent, handsome furs, wolf parade, clinic, the national, patrick wolf?

that could be a good time.
other openers or headliners of note: lcd soundsystem, final fantasy, tycho b, belle orchestre, the constantines, xiu xiu, devendra banhart, the wrens, the unicorns, broken social scene, the hidden cameras, death from above 1979, lou barlow, murder by death, david byrne, franz ferdinand, black keys, david bowie, u2, wild light, yeasayer, spoon, cass mccombs, malajube, q and not u, sparta, passage, chromeo, sufjan stevens

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
The Glockenspeily Chimey stuff is mainly coming from Régine or Will, I suspect.
or richard.

MissingPerson
01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Well yeah, fair enough.

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 03:17 PM
i think i just heard my heart break.

i'm not really into the kind of bands AF would bring around. too many glockenspiels and chimes, not enough NOISETOTHEFACE.

AF on saturday would be lovely, though.

oh and bryan: LAX to JFK is $182 each way right now on the atp dates on american.
I watched Sonic Youth at Coachella 2007 with half of Arcade Fire and they were geeking out hard, so they might bring the noise. (In theory, if they were playing)

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 03:18 PM
ha, what if the curators are The Residents.

jamie_atp
01-23-2010, 03:24 PM
its hard to predict. when explosions in the sky curated (and personally i'm not a massive fan of their music though i think they're lovely guys and great live) they picked a really varied and cool lineup, most of which didnt sound at all like them:

Broken Social Scene, Iron & Wine, Dinosaur Jr, Adem, …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Polvo, Animal Collective, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Eluvium, Ola Podrida, Lazarus, The Paper Chase, Four Tet, Ghostface Killah, Western Keys, Silver Jews, Jens Lekman, Mono, Tony Teardrop, The Drift, The National, Sunset Rubdown, Lichens, Stars of the Lid, Battles, De La Soul, Saul Williams, Raekwon, The Field, Okkervil River, Atlas Sound, The Pale Gallery, The Octopus Project, Constantines, Beach House, World's End Girlfriend, Phosphorescent, Papier Tigre, Envy

LooseAtTheZoo
01-23-2010, 03:28 PM
its hard to predict. when explosions in the sky curated (and personally i'm not a massive fan of their music though i think they're lovely guys and great live) they picked a really varied and cool lineup, most of which didnt sound at all like them:

Broken Social Scene, Iron & Wine, Dinosaur Jr, Adem, …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Polvo, Animal Collective, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Eluvium, Ola Podrida, Lazarus, The Paper Chase, Four Tet, Ghostface Killah, Western Keys, Silver Jews, Jens Lekman, Mono, Tony Teardrop, The Drift, The National, Sunset Rubdown, Lichens, Stars of the Lid, Battles, De La Soul, Saul Williams, Raekwon, The Field, Okkervil River, Atlas Sound, The Pale Gallery, The Octopus Project, Constantines, Beach House, World's End Girlfriend, Phosphorescent, Papier Tigre, Envy

I definitely would have gone to this...never seems to be too many hip-hop/rap acts. That's not a complaint, though Saul Williams/Raekwon both are good live

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 03:30 PM

This lineup sounds like a mix of bands that they either A) liked or B) met at other festivals.

That said, I would have enjoyed that lineup.

jamie_atp
01-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Raekwon did Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. was pretty sweet.

mountmccabe
01-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I admit it, I am the curator this year. I wasn't supposed to say anything until next week but I can't hold it in any longer.

wmgaretjax
01-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Raekwon did Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. was pretty sweet.

Damn. I would love to see that.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Jamie, when you see people like Kitt Kat type, does it make you even happier that you don't live in America?

Serious question though, because the way this festival is done interests me. When you name a curator, do they then put together a list of bands they'd like to see come to ATP and give them to you guys and you guys contact them and see which are available to come? Or does the curator themselves do some of the work in reaching out to acts they know to see who's available?

Sushov23
01-23-2010, 04:32 PM
could Faith No More be the curators? Mike Patton and all, just saying.

mountmccabe
01-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Faith No More/Patton curating would probably mean I wouldn't be going.

Randy both methods happened. I think it was in the 2009 thread wherein we learned that the standard way is the former whereas last year the Flaming Lips wanted to do much of that work themselves.

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah, No Age said that the Flaming Lips wanted them to cover some weird prog album and they countered with "why don't we play with Bob Mould and do some Husker Du." I think that the Flaming Lips were the exception to the rule, since they wanted to be really hands-on. I'd imagine most curators do a bit of legwork themselves, but probably rely on ATP to do a large portion of their booking.

MissingPerson
01-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Just depends, I guess. I mean, taking Arcade Fire as an example, it would probably be handiest for them just to ask Wolf Parade in the pub if they'd be up for it and then sort out the details later.

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Faith No More/Patton curating would probably mean I wouldn't be going.
It would depend on the bands that he surrounds himself with, for me.

rskapcat
01-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Gemma, would you be able to resist coming to ATP if Arcade Fire curated?

MissingPerson
01-23-2010, 06:50 PM
I'd be desperately tempted. I haven't really done my ATP homework, so I couldn't tell you how feasible it would be, moneywise or collegewise or workwise. But yes, I would be desperately tempted. Not just out of creepy loyalty either; I just can't imagine any lineup they could stir up that wouldn't interest me.

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 06:55 PM
ATP pretty much would force you to play table tennis with Win. It's almost mandatory.

wmgaretjax
01-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Last time Mike Patton was a part of it... It was actually pretty cool. Even though I can't stand 95% of what he does.

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 06:56 PM
I also can't remember if there were basketball courts, due to the rain, but if there are, Arcade Fire would guarantee an impromptu basketball tournament.

dorkfish
01-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Last time Mike Patton was a part of it... It was actually pretty cool. Even though I can't stand 95% of what he does.
I love Fantomas. I hate Faith No More. Mr. Bungle is somewhere in the middle.

MissingPerson
01-23-2010, 06:57 PM
If they got LCD Soundsystem, it would be on. On like giant slightly out of shape weird Mormony looking Donkey Kong.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-23-2010, 07:00 PM
I think AF as the curator would get me out there. Maybe Mike Patton, since we weirdly enough like a lot of the same music according to an ancient article I read of his in the wire years ago.

LooseAtTheZoo
01-23-2010, 11:43 PM
No matter who is the curator, just keep reminding yourself you are going to be konked in the skull by Iggy Pop.

Sweet, sweet, ATP.

send me ctrpllrs
01-24-2010, 12:33 AM
I already bought a ticket just based on how awesome last year was, so I'm just hoping for somebody I already know/love.

LooseAtTheZoo
01-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Someone come in on Monday and remind me to buy my ticket.

miscorrections
01-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Dittos.

mountmccabe
01-24-2010, 09:11 AM

I dislike them all. And all the other projects I've heard from him.

I had forgotten that he curated one (2008, with co-curators Melvins)... and while there are some exciting bands there it's probably my least favorite ATP (the only one close would be Vincent Gallo's.)

I'll note that it'sn't that I think it'd be a bad weekend but that it would be far less likely to get me to travel across the country.

bmack86
01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
ATP is one instance where the headliner would matter for me, to a certain extent. It was awesome seeing the Flaming Lips in such a small place, or getting to see Animal Collective play a relatively small room, seeing as how that wont' be happening again for quite awhile.

And, I keep forgetting that Raw Power is happening. That's going to be massive.

kitt kat
01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
If I might interject, I think they're into a bigger spectrum than you might think. Win was a huge Jay Reatard fan, and Richard loves him some Aphex Twin. The sound they make isn't a direct representation of the music they listen to, like. The Glockenspeily Chimey stuff is mainly coming from Régine or Will, I suspect.

Carry on.

Touche.

Now if they brought the pipe organ, I really couldn't complain. Organs FTW.

boxofbox
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM

MALDOROR!!!!

dorkfish
01-24-2010, 03:19 PM
MALDOROR!!!!
I'm sure that a lot of us would enjoy anything that gets a Merzbow set.

wmgaretjax
01-24-2010, 03:23 PM
You bet your boots.

dorkfish
01-25-2010, 05:06 PM
My brief ATP NY wishlist (based on past artists that have played various ATP festivals and a couple that haven't)

Aphex Twin
Spiritualized
Ghostface Killah
Fucked Up
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Throbbing Gristle
Swans
James Chance and the Contortions
Ween
Man Man
Merzbow
Hecker
Lightning Bolt
Mogwai
Liars
Jesu
Sunn O)))
Battles
Converge
Les Savy Fav
Silver Mt Zion
John Frusciante
Gang Gang Dance
Faust
The Fall
Soft Pink Truth
Television
Boredoms

miscorrections
01-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Besides most of those you know what would be awesome?

Jason Pierce curating.

rage patton
01-25-2010, 06:28 PM

One time in chat you told me you liked Angel Dust.

If Faith No More were currating this, I would go for sure. No surprise, I guess. I am already considering it... but it 100% depends on the line up.

So the currator will be anounced this week?

mountmccabe
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
My brief ATP NY wishlist (based on past artists that have played various ATP festivals and a couple that haven't)

I would support Brad curating.

Besides most of those you know what would be awesome?

Jason Pierce curating.

This too.

And yes, Josh, that's what it sounds like.

Mr. Fuzz
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
No matter who is the curator, just keep reminding yourself you are going to be konked in the skull by Iggy Pop.

Sweet, sweet, ATP.

Yes. This is what calls me.

wmgaretjax
01-25-2010, 06:36 PM

Aphex Twin
Spiritualized
Ghostface Killah
Fucked Up
Throbbing Gristle
Swans
Ween
Man Man
Merzbow
Hecker
Lightning Bolt
Mogwai
Liars
Jesu
Sunn O)))
Battles
Converge
Les Savy Fav
Silver Mt Zion
John Frusciante
Gang Gang Dance
Faust
The Fall
Soft Pink Truth
Television
Boredoms

you can curate any day of the week imo. throw in autechre and bernard parmegiani and i'm a very happy camper.

dorkfish
01-25-2010, 06:46 PM
One time in chat you told me you liked Angel Dust.

If Faith No More were currating this, I would go for sure. No surprise, I guess. I am already considering it... but it 100% depends on the line up.

So the currator will be anounced this week?
I used "hate" too strongly, because I was just trying to establish a ranking system. Angel Dust is my favorite Faith No More album. It doesn't rank highly with my all-time favorite albums. The rest of the albums that I've tried never really did much for me. Fantomas has always been a big hit with me. Their music makes more sense to me than Faith No More's, for some reason.

The curator might get announced this week. It's not a guarantee. Jamie says that there's some announcements coming, so it'll either be a bunch of artist additions and/or curator news.

As for going, it's fully recommended if you like the lineup, at all.

Mr. Fuzz
01-25-2010, 06:48 PM
I really can't imagine anyone wanting to go to this who doesn't want to already. I mean really, is anything gonna top raw power?

dorkfish
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I would support Brad curating.
I forgot the Wrens. If they don't have any new music out by then, just make them play another Meadowlands show.

Jason Pierce would be fun, but other than Spiritualized, I'd have no clue what he would book.

Courtney
01-25-2010, 06:53 PM
I support Bradfest.

dorkfish
01-25-2010, 06:54 PM
I also support Bradfest.

bmack86
01-25-2010, 06:59 PM
I would definitely go to Bradfest. Except you should put the Clean on your list. The Chills too.

Gribbz
01-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Aphex Twin
Spiritualized
Ghostface Killah
Fucked Up
Throbbing Gristle
Swans
Ween
Man Man
Merzbow
Hecker
Lightning Bolt
Mogwai
Liars
Jesu
Sunn O)))
Battles
Converge
Les Savy Fav
Silver Mt Zion
John Frusciante
Gang Gang Dance
Faust
The Fall
Soft Pink Truth
Television
Boredoms

Two thumbs way up.

pancakespancakes
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM

Aphex Twin
Spiritualized
Ghostface Killah
Fucked Up
Throbbing Gristle
Swans
Ween
Man Man
Merzbow
Hecker
Lightning Bolt
Mogwai
Liars
Jesu
Sunn O)))
Battles
Converge
Les Savy Fav
Silver Mt Zion
John Frusciante
Gang Gang Dance
Faust
The Fall
Soft Pink Truth
Television
Boredoms

I would be highly interested in seeing every single artist performing at Dorkfest (or Bradfest, if you must,) with the sole exception of Soft Pink Truth who I've never heard of.

wmgaretjax
01-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah. You are missing out there. Matmos... But gay as fuck dance music. Ridiculously fun stuff.

dorkfish
01-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I would be highly interested in seeing every single artist performing at Dorkfest (or Bradfest, if you must,) with the sole exception of Soft Pink Truth who I've never heard of.
From wiki, because I like this explanation the best:

"The Soft Pink Truth is an experimental house music side-project from Drew Daniel, one-half of experimental electronica duo Matmos. Daniel started the project on a dare from Matthew Herbert that he couldn't produce a house record..."

dorkfish
01-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Bradfest would also have Jason Forrest.

kitt kat
01-25-2010, 08:02 PM
All the activity in this thread made me think the lineup was out.

Regardless, Brad yr list is very ambitious and diverse; that being said, we have super different taste. Although, Television would be rad as shit. (As would Lightning Bolt.)

And, um, could Jason Pierce curating mean I get that Spacemen 3 reunion I've hoped and dreamed for?

miscorrections
01-25-2010, 08:14 PM
No way. He wouldn't do that, there's no point.

rage patton
01-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I would just like to add that I would attend Bradfest without question.

wmgaretjax
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
And, um, could Jason Pierce curating mean I get that Spacemen 3 reunion I've hoped and dreamed for?

I'd rather Kember curate than Pierce... but i might be alone in that opinion. i'm not huge on spiritualized.

mountmccabe
01-25-2010, 08:30 PM
We could also rule out Lupine Howl and the Verve for any Spacemen curated event.

Openers I can think of from the past decade have been BRMC, Soledad Brothers and Grand Ol Party. In the 90s there was a tour with My Bloody Valentine and Curve.

Did Jason deal at all with Sun City Girls for Mr. Lonely?

I could see Roky Erickson, the Stooges, Suicide and Mudhoney as being on the wantlist.

Maybe there'd be a jazz combo with folks like Matthew Shipp and Mark Saunders, folks from Spaceman's Jazz releases series. Actually, there could be a good deal along these lines.

Spring Heel Jack? Thighpulsandra has worked with Elizabeth Fraser so we could drool about Cocteau Twins. Or, possibly, Julian Cope in some form or another.

And Nick Cave picked Jason, maybe Jason'd return the favor.

I dunno, that's the best I can come up with right now but that feels lacking.

kitt kat
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
That just reminded me...fucking Mudhoney!

I'm gonna listen to Superfuzz Bigmuff at my last hour of work...

J~$$$$
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
They should do "Return of The Fans" and let the people vote a US version.

kitt kat
01-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Kitt Kat curated ATP

Sonic Youth does EVOL
Scott Walker does Scott 2
Television does Marquee Moon
Zombies do Odessey and Oracle
The Raincoats
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks
Fever Ray
Husker Du reunion
Little Claw
Lucky Dragons
Nosaj Thing
Dinosaur Jr
Fools Gold
A Place to Bury Strangers
Lightning Bolt
Black Moth Super Rainbow
YACHT
Devo
The Breeders
Spacemen 3 reunion
Mission of Burma
Best Coast
Beat Happening reunion
Battles
Joanna Newsom
Tickley Feather
Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band
Times New Viking
The Vaselines

wmgaretjax
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Scott 2? Kind of a weird choice, but Scott Walker is Scott Walker. While I love Scott 1 and 2. I'd rather see him do his own songs.

miscorrections
01-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Beat Happening is one of those bands I rarely think about unless I see them mentioned somewhere, but I support a reunion.

bmack86
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Beat Happening would be fun, at least potentially. I wonder how Brett and Heather are nowadays.

kitt kat
01-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Scott 2? Kind of a weird choice, but Scott Walker is Scott Walker. While I love Scott 1 and 2. I'd rather see him do his own songs.

Man, maybe Scott 1. Or just Walker does Brel. Yum.

pancakespancakes
01-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I like your ATP too, Kat. Nice inclusion of some extremely contemporary acts.

wmgaretjax
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Man, maybe Scott 1. Or just Walker does Brel. Yum.

I'd probably pick Tilt given the choice... I'd crumble.

dorkfish
01-25-2010, 10:09 PM
I would enjoy Katfest.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-26-2010, 02:32 AM
I'd probably pick Tilt given the choice... I'd crumble.

or The Drift.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-26-2010, 02:33 AM
All the activity in this thread made me think the lineup was out.

Regardless, Brad yr list is very ambitious and diverse; that being said, we have super different taste. Although, Television would be rad as shit. (As would Lightning Bolt.)

Unfortnately, I've actually seen Television live and it was such a disaster that I can't even bring myself to listen to their music anymore :(

SoulDischarge
01-26-2010, 02:58 AM
Some very nice wishlisting.

If you're a fan of old hardcore punk, you should really check out the Soft Pink Truth's Do You Want New Wave Or Do You Want The Soft Pink Truth? It's microhouse covers of songs by Minor Threat, Angry Samoans, Rudimentary Peni, and Crass, along with some more obscure and arty post-punk bands. Really fucking fun.

dorkfish
01-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Their cover of Angry Samoans "Homo-Sexual" is particularly silly-fun.

orbit
01-26-2010, 09:37 AM
throw in autechre

i was just thinking about them as possibility to play some atp event this year. it's about damn time.

re:swans.. i can see them curating atp nightmare before christmas.

dorkfish
01-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Here's the single from the first Soft Pink Truth album. Video is probably NSFW

tqp-qclBNxM

dorkfish
01-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Looks like we were wrong about news coming out today, Jared.

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I WANT NEWS.

SoulDischarge
01-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Make news.

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Give me a printing press.

kitt kat
01-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Friday?

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Right on. Are you delivering or should I come pick it up?

dorkfish
01-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Also, add Son Lux to Bradfest. I feel like a fool for leaving him off.

Also, add Son Lux to the real ATP NY. He'd totally play if he was asked to do so.

kitt kat
01-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Right on. Are you delivering or should I come pick it up?

http://www.inkart.com/images/lineart/Gutenberg_2.gif
FML. Gutenberg still isn't done with the prototype.

jamie_atp
01-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Things taking very slightly longer than we thought; hopefully shouldnt be too much longer though.

J~$$$$
01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
the books maybe? I heard they have an upcoming US tour.

suprefan
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Things taking very slightly longer than we thought; hopefully shouldnt be too much longer though.

Meaning today?

kitt kat
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
RE: Books.

is that whole festival status? don't think so.

J~$$$$
01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
RE: Books.

is that whole festival status? don't think so.

RE: Wut?

maudio35
01-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Are we talking hours, days, weeks?

dorkfish
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
delays are either good or bad. i'm hoping for good.

suprefan
01-28-2010, 02:24 PM
bad, arcade fire dropped out, theyre calling pavement back......

faxman75
01-28-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't care, I care, I really don't care, did you see the drummers hair?

stinkbutt
01-28-2010, 02:44 PM

I really doubt they do 2 Pavement events they only did that with MBV and I'm pretty sure that was just because of the high demand in the UK after the US fest. If Arcade Fire was the headliner and did drop out I hope we get someone more interesting than Pavement.

Courtney
01-28-2010, 02:47 PM

On what planet would it be a bad thing to get to see Pavement instead of Arcade Fire? Not mine.

LooseAtTheZoo
Jamie already said no Pavement...

dorkfish
Well, Panda Bear's new album "Tomboy" is due out in September. ATP NY Part Deux, I hope.

Courtney
01-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I could live with that.

But in my book, anything after Raw Power is pretty much just icing on the cake.

jamie_atp
01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Probably another week or so.

wmgaretjax
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
i would love to see Panda again.

pancakespancakes
01-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Noah would honestly not make for a bad curator himself. A bit unoriginal though.

miscorrections
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Shut the fuck up, supre.

kitt kat
01-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Well, Panda Bear's new album "Tomboy" is due out in September. ATP NY Part Deux, I hope.

This made me happy.

emtgreg
01-28-2010, 04:52 PM
if arcade fire were to play, i might have to rearrange my journeys this year...

wmgaretjax
01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Noah would honestly not make for a bad curator himself. A bit unoriginal though.

Oh man. If he did, Gas would play for sure.

kitt kat
01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
ok i'm antsy now

Courtney
02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Has it been pointed out already that a few select & awesome board members make a cameo in part 3 of this Pitchfork video (http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/2065-no-age-at-atp-2009/) featuring No Age at ATP 2009?

dorkfish
02-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Has it been pointed out already that a few select & awesome board members make a cameo in part 3 of this Pitchfork video (http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/episode/2065-no-age-at-atp-2009/) featuring No Age at ATP 2009?
I know we've talked about it, but I can't remember if it was on here, though. We missed being in the shot, too, since we were getting breakfast/lunch at that diner. Also, that cameo features the guy that I kept running into that I thought looked like bizarro David Cross all weekend.

Courtney
02-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Isn't that Becca and Andy walking away from the camera, too, later in the same video part? I'm pretty impressed by the sheer number of board members represented.

wmgaretjax
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
wait. i only saw becca and andy... when are the other appearances?

Courtney
02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I think that's John and Omar sitting in the hallway around 2:40, with Bryan peeking out from the corner.

rskapcat
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow...yep, that's us!

dorkfish
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I think that's John and Omar sitting in the hallway around 2:40, with Bryan peeking out from the corner.
and I'm pretty sure that you see Jared's knee behind fake-David Cross.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I would have been directly on John's right, out of the picture. That was in the line for Boredoms, I think.

Courtney
02-01-2010, 07:47 PM

I'm going to have to look at that video again when I'm not browsing via mobile device, because the fact that you can recognize Jared BY KNEE seems highly incredible to me.

wmgaretjax
02-01-2010, 07:48 PM

lol. i reckon that's true.

dorkfish
02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm going to have to look at that video again when I'm not browsing via mobile device, because the fact that you can recognize Jared BY KNEE seems highly incredible to me.
I just have really good visual memory for where people were sitting.

rage patton
02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
That ATP video was really cool. I noticed John, Omar, Becca and Andy without even reading who was in the video. I guess I noticed Jared's knee too. I'll have to watch it again to see Bryan.

That video also made me really excited about this festival. On the one hand, I hope the currator and some of the bands anounced blow me away and I have to buy a ticket. On the other hand, I am really fucking broke right now and will barely be able to afford Coachella... so I kind of hope I am indifferent on the line up.

Don't worry, I am not asking anybody to sell me on going. I am already sold. Its just...

bmack86
02-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I peek around the corner. I was trying (and failing) to do my torts homework

MissingPerson
02-02-2010, 02:36 AM
I just have really good visual memory for where people were sitting.

Pz4f_e02RFM

maudio35
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
please announce something soon ... please!

wmgaretjax
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
alright Brad. we get another chance.... tomorrow?

dorkfish
02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I sure hope so.

pancakespancakes
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
That ATP video was really cool. I noticed John, Omar, Becca and Andy without even reading who was in the video. I guess I noticed Jared's knee too. I'll have to watch it again to see Bryan.

That video also made me really excited about this festival. On the one hand, I hope the currator and some of the bands anounced blow me away and I have to buy a ticket. On the other hand, I am really fucking broke right now and will barely be able to afford Coachella... so I kind of hope I am indifferent on the line up.

Don't worry, I am not asking anybody to sell me on going. I am already sold. Its just...

I think I'm in the same position as you. There is just no way I'm not going this year. But at the same time, realistically, I don't see myself purchasing all of my tickets and reservations until this summer. I still have to cross my fingers about it all...

orbit
02-03-2010, 12:10 AM
that atp video was great. september can't come soon enough.

also, the pixies. or yeah yeah yeahs.

jamie_atp
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
7 berth rooms sold out today so that just leaves a small amount of 6 berth ones left for kutshers + the 3s and 4s at the raleigh.

announcement getting closer.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Announcement getting closer... still need to buy my ticket but need to double-check my bank account first.

ATP all systems go.

jamie_atp
02-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Bus travel on sale. http://www.atpfestival.com/events/atpnewyork2010/news/1002051212.php

rskapcat
02-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Jamie, I'm beginning to think that you are an incorrigible tease.

wmgaretjax
02-05-2010, 08:16 AM
would you have used the word incorrigible if he wasn't british? i don't think so.

rskapcat
02-05-2010, 08:19 AM
It is a fantastic word...why wouldn't I use it? I guess his Britishness helps, though.

wmgaretjax
02-05-2010, 08:19 AM
haha

wmgaretjax
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
listening to the new autechre... can we please get these guys at atp ny? pretty please? (sorry for the bump in advance)

miscorrections
02-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Raaaaarrrrgghhh I need news.

Courtney
02-08-2010, 10:50 AM
News now please.

dorkfish
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Dow closes below 10,000 for first time since November

Courtney
02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I am sending angry, angry thoughts your way Bradley.

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 04:13 PM
what kind of news are you guys waiting for?

Courtney
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Lineup!

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Lineup!

...pardon my ignorance, but isnt that already public knowledge?

suprefan
02-08-2010, 05:18 PM
...pardon my ignorance, but isnt that already public knowledge?

Nope, its not, theres like 2349234 ATP's ya know. The curator has not been announced, so that day along with whoever they pick is still a mystery. Get with the program.

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Nope, its not, theres like 2349234 ATP's ya know. The curator has not been announced, so that day along with whoever they pick is still a mystery. Get with the program.

Yes I'm aware of the fact that ATP throws many events. You see this thread refers to the one in New York. Did you see that?

I thought this was the entire lineup:

http://www.atpfestival.com/sized/files/img/events/20100903-atpnyfirstfix_670x0.jpg

I've seen a few other ATP events have small lineups that perform entire albums, etc. But you know this Chris. Wasn't aware there would be more bands. It says nothing about it on the website other than "plus djs" and "the lineup will be confirmed over the next few weeks." Wasnt sure that meant there would be significant (non dj) acts added. Approx. how many will be announced?

Turds like you are helpful from time to time.

Thanks kiddo!

J~$$$$
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
You are stupid. Do not come back into this thread.

suprefan
02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks kiddo!

Youre such an idiot FORZAPALERMO. Wait, am I giving up your identity MATTHEW? Why dont you look at the corner of the flyer and it says '' Sept 3 - 5''. I dont see how there cant be more artists when whats on the poster is only for FRIDAY. Oh, and dont forget to eat your bag of dicks before you get to coachella ok? BTW, Im not the turd with the creepstache...

miscorrections
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Forza, don't be a retard. Festivals do not function with four bands playing one album apiece. Supre, get the fuck out of this thread. Your self-assigned superiority counts for nothing here since you've never even been.

mountmccabe
02-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that's prob'ly not even the complete live music lineup f'r Friday.

Something like 30 more bands, including one that'll pick half the others.

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah, that's prob'ly not even the complete live music lineup f'r Friday.

Something like 30 more bands, including one that'll pick half the others.

This is a constructive response. Thank you.

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 09:06 PM
You are stupid. Do not come back into this thread.

you are right, in this case. I will stay around and haunt you with my stupidity.

Youre such an idiot FORZAPALERMO. Wait, am I giving up your identity MATTHEW?

Oh my god, nooooo! My first name and old sn!

This isnt news. And Misco, I am unfamiliar with the ATP format but yes it seemed extremely odd to me to have only so many bands; I feel retarded.

Case closed.

kitt kat
02-09-2010, 10:11 AM
LULZ

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 10:24 AM
LULZ

Daft Punk

kitt kat
02-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Not as funny as thinking a three day festival would only have four bands.

dorkfish
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Maybe ATP will show Bonnaroo how to compile a real lineup...

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Not as funny as thinking a three day festival would only have four bands.

I came in asking questions, not telling lies. I think its completely different. You're a fucking sham, whereas I am a retarded idiot.

And Dorkfish, I hope so... I did my research on past ATPs (as I should have done earlier before asking stupid questions, i know) and I'm banking on this to come through with the goods.

jamie_atp
02-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Friday. Curator and additions.

bmack86
02-10-2010, 08:39 AM
BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

LooseAtTheZoo
02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

It's my birthday on Thursday! I can't wait to get up and see the lineup.

Aurgasm
02-10-2010, 09:31 AM
BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

Thats awesome. Hopefully you get everything you wanted and more from the lineup.

Courtney
02-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh heck yeah.

dorkfish
02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
u6_nJ11BgTE

stinkbutt
02-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Friday can't come soon enough

mountmccabe
02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Colin Davis?

:nono

dorkfish
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Colin Davis?

It was one of the first ones that popped up. I can change it to the Brooklyn choir, if that would be more fitting...

kitt kat
02-10-2010, 01:50 PM

WOOOOOOOO

miscorrections
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
This news makes my shitty day a little better.

wmgaretjax
02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
yayyayyayyayyay

amyzzz
02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
kitt kat, please change your sig. I wasn't talking about you when I said that; you weren't even talking in that thread for pages and pages. kthxbai.

wmgaretjax
02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
shut the fuck up

amyzzz
02-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Sorry. It's been bugging me for months.

dorkfish
02-10-2010, 03:26 PM
get thee to other threads

Aurgasm
02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Sorry. It's been bugging me for months.

is there anything that girl does that isnt annoying?

question- I read about a nearby campsite. Is that the place to be or is a hotel a better choice?

rskapcat
02-10-2010, 03:30 PM
If you can wrangle up a gaggle of friends, I think there are still 7-people rooms left at Kutsher's. That's the place to be. I'll let someone else chime in on other options.

dorkfish
02-10-2010, 03:32 PM

we like Kat in this thread.

Monklish
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't believe that anyone likes Kat ever. Perhaps you should change it to "tolerate."

rskapcat
02-10-2010, 03:35 PM
We very much like Kat. And Amy, I really don't think Kat means anything cruel by that sig. She celebrates the small-chested gals just like you do. She IS one.

wmgaretjax
02-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Pot? Kettle?

Kat's fine. Bugger off.

Aurgasm
02-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Pot? Kettle?

Kat's fine. Bugger off.

giusto, point taken.

Well does anyone else have opinions on camping v hotels?

dorkfish
02-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, the weather seems to be flip a coin predictable this far in advance. The best thing is to stay at Kutshers. It's the best experience. If you luck out and it's sunny, I imagine that you could probably camp illegally.

J~$$$$
02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
giusto, point taken.

read. the whole. thread.

Mr. Fuzz
02-10-2010, 04:49 PM
What are the chances Jack White curates this thing?

suprefan
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
giusto, point taken.

dorkfish
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
What are the chances Jack White curates this thing?
likely zero.

wmgaretjax
02-10-2010, 06:03 PM
dear god that would be awful.

kitt kat
02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
^All my douchey Jack White-worshipping friends would go. Eww.

kitt kat, please change your sig. I wasn't talking about you when I said that; you weren't even talking in that thread for pages and pages. kthxbai.

I completely forgot I had a sig; if it bugs you, I'll change it.

dorkfish
02-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Here's a list of all the past curators:

Mogwai
Tortoise
Shellac
Autechre
Jake and Dinos Chapman
Slint
Vincent Gallo
The Mars Volta
Mudhoney/Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Devendra Banhart
Dinosaur Jr/Sleater-Kinney/The Shins
Thurston Moore
The Dirty Three
ATP/The Fans
Portishead
ATP/Pitchfork Media
Explosions In The Sky
Mike Patton/Melvins
ATP Vs The Fans 2: The Fans Strike Back!
The Breeders
My Bloody Valentine
Sonic Youth
Matt Groening
Modest Mouse
My Bloody Valentine/ATP
The Flaming Lips/ATP
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Matt Groening
Pavement

Jack White doesn't fit.

kitt kat
02-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Sigh. Thurston Moore would have been so good.

bmack86
02-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Thurston's always a possibility, though I'd say not overly likely since he did Psychic Hearts two years ago. To be frank, I have no idea who to expect for the curator. I'm sure whatever they do will make me happy.

And, yeah, Kat gets our full support. I like all the ATP people. Except MountMcCabe. That guy rubs me the wrong way. I think it's just people who wear glasses. Cant' stand them.

wmgaretjax
02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
The real problem with MountMcCabe is that he gets into fights CONSTANTLY and then just expects you to have his back. It's like... man, two dudes just pulled knives on you, I'm NOT getting involved.

rskapcat
02-11-2010, 06:18 AM
What a loudmouth. Maybe you could shut up every once and a while, MountMcCabe.

SoulDischarge
02-11-2010, 06:19 AM
And he smells like soy milk.