PDA

View Full Version : New Poster/Coachella Question

chrisdeeznuts
11-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here! Happy to be here! I do have one question though, what are the specific dates for next year? I just want to know so I could purchase plane tix in advance and at a extremely low price...lol

emtgreg
11-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Welcome!!

No one knows yet!!

But, you do find all sorts of awesome things with that lil ole search button! :)

Sokkerkid101
11-19-2009, 03:18 PM
If you took two seconds to look you would have seen a thread saying " Dates for 2010"

vinylmartyr
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
April 5th - 8th

chrisdeeznuts
11-19-2009, 08:28 PM
If you took two seconds to look you would have seen a thread saying " Dates for 2010"Well, like I said...I am a new poster here, and did not/still does not know my way around this site...I'm sure when you were new, you most likely had the same issue?

Sleepingrock
11-19-2009, 08:32 PM
5th - 8th is a lie, everyone thinks its the 16th-18th

EastLos01
11-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Chris, Nobody knows for sure yet. At least none of us do. Popular belief is the 16-18th but it hasn't been announced. I'm fairly new myself so welcome to the boards.

superfiction
11-20-2009, 02:22 AM
April 5th - 8th

this. definitely.

superfiction
11-20-2009, 04:44 AM
coachella starts today and goes through thanksgiving

Sokkerkid101
11-20-2009, 10:44 AM
coachella starts today and goes through thanksgiving

Can't wait, I'm going there yesterday....

kindablue
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
poor kid. you're getting flamed for being new. You ever walk backward thru a cornfield, naked? These fuckers are ruthless, so I suggest you read a lot more before you ask your next question. It will save your virgin ass.

btw, there is no such thing as a super low price. You see, even if you do buy your tix online from ticketbastard, you're not really saving money. My advice to you, don't buy tix. Wait till about 4-5pm everyday before you enter the fest (that's when the real folks show up anyway) and find a "border brother" who can barely speak english but has like a butt load of tickets. He'll ask you for $80, and you won't give him a penny more than $50. Then he'll walk you into the fest past the gate people and take your money once you're safely inside the venue. Then, when you look at your ticket, you will be suprised to know that he sold you a camping pass that should not even get you inside the grounds at all.

Oh, and be sure to buy a VIP bracelet from some fool leaving early on your way in. Those are worth it. psh!

good luck chris

unknown
11-20-2009, 11:06 AM
You want to buy plane tickets and you live in Culver City or are you coming from Louisiana?

chrisdeeznuts
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM
You want to buy plane tickets and you live in Culver City or are you coming from Louisiana?
I go to college in Louisiana, my heart, and my apartment is still in CC

sleepybrew
11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
hey welcome to the boards! lots of great information on here, but definetely do your reading before posting. my persoanl recommendation with tickets is buy them when they go on sale from ticketbastard. yeah you pay more, but no stress or hassle from trying to buy tickets from scalpers, especially if you are flying all the way over there. also, yeah, most of the best bands are after 5 pm, but there are great up and coming acts before 5 that you wouldn't want to miss cause you are negotiating with a scalper. just my personal recommendation. also....camp! best way to meet people

Egull
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Wait till about 4-5pm everyday before you enter the fest (that's when the real folks show up anyway

Lame.

suprefan
11-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Welcome!!

No one knows yet!!

But, you do find all sorts of awesome things with that lil ole search button! :)

Yes we do, you just dont wanna say anything about it.

frozen pilgrim
11-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Wait till about 4-5pm everyday before you enter the fest (that's when the real folks show up anyway)

you absolutely 100% fail at coachella.

chrisdeeznuts
11-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! I may need you guys in the future for hotel hook-ups. I just don't understand, it seems as if all the hotels are already sold out for the next year a day after the festival ends!

thefriedman94
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here! Happy to be here! I do have one question though, what are the specific dates for next year? I just want to know so I could purchase plane tix in advance and at a extremely low price...lol
The dates haven't been announced yet, unfortunately, so anything you hear is purely speculation.

chrisdeeznuts
12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
The dates haven't been announced yet, unfortunately, so anything you hear is purely speculation.Even the Tilly's promotion where they said it from the 16th to the 18th?!? Tell me this is a joke, right? I bought plane tix for those days last week...

Ardentbiscuit
12-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Refer to other thread, Tilly's promotion was stopped.

lowfront
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the boards

this place gets dangerous

use farecast.com to monitor the ticket price. I have been watching my plane tickets for the last 2 months and they have been at a steady same price. Prices seem to go up just a month and a half before show.

Get PSP tickets if its only 60-80$ more than ONT. Avoid LAX unless its super cheap but not worth it unless your saving ALOT of money.