PDA

View Full Version : HARD LA 2010

Pages : [1] 2

ficklecycle
11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
HARD / THE BLOODY BEETROOTS (LIVE)

http://fla.vor.us/wafform.aspx?_act=eventview&_pky=66566

For the first time ever in Hollywood HARD presents THE BLOODY BEETROOTS LIVE at THE HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM w/DESTRUCTO + more TBA. WWW.HARDFEST.COM
9PM - 2AM
All ages welcome.

WhyTheLongFace
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
And HARD pool party on New Years day for $25. I hope HARD LA is big. I wasnt a fan of 1 stage at HARD 13. I like being able to have choices

leo01g
11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
That should get rid of a lot of conflicts

suprefan
11-16-2009, 08:24 PM
And HARD NYC

ficklecycle
11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Hope they do something in an indoor venue. Who knows maybe if NYE goes good maybe they can do Palladium again.

suprefan
11-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Hard 13 was just indoors............

ficklecycle
11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Hard 13 was just indoors............

The Expo Hall aint the nicest place though.

djandrews25
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Did you seriously make a thread about a rave happening in 6 months?

ficklecycle
11-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah I seriously did.

gaypalmsprings
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm not going. A HARD lesson was learned.

ELECtROjan
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
they should stick to the Shrine Expo and the Palladium. Maybe lot 613 for the occasional dubstep show.

truths
11-16-2009, 11:44 PM
you mad

ELECtROjan
11-16-2009, 11:48 PM
come again?

paulb
11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
ill go, if Aoki isnt there.

PJandBompton
11-17-2009, 02:17 AM
ill go, if Aoki isnt there.

impossible.

ldobbie
11-17-2009, 02:36 AM
if this lineup is as good as Haunted Mansion, and gets a lot of people that didn't play coachella the week before, i'll go for sure. i actually wish it would be another 2-day event though, i thought that format was perfect, and you really got a lot for your money going with both days, especially if you got it for like 100 dollars. saturday night was epic.

ficklecycle
11-17-2009, 03:07 AM
if this lineup is as good as Haunted Mansion, and gets a lot of people that didn't play coachella the week before, i'll go for sure. i actually wish it would be another 2-day event though, i thought that format was perfect, and you really got a lot for your money going with both days, especially if you got it for like 100 dollars. saturday night was epic.

I have a feeling this is something a lot smaller than even Hard 13.

DJdharma
11-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Verrrry interrrresting.

suprefan
11-17-2009, 07:40 AM
impossible.

If Aoki is there, he doesnt play coachella, thats a good thing.

PJandBompton
11-17-2009, 07:43 AM
If Aoki is there, he doesnt play coachella, thats a good thing.

this is true...being the year i finally get out to Coachella I approve this message by Supre...

PC-2 Violence
11-17-2009, 08:28 AM
HARD is not for the ravers. HARD is for the money. They spend absolutely no cash on any type of frills or extras for the people paying money to attend the events. HARD Summer was a public display of what happens when you take advantage of the scene and think no one will notice.

Speak to Destructo yourself at any of the HARD events. He does not care about you as an attendee of his event. He wants your money, and then he wants to get you out as soon as he can.

I am not saying I will never attend another HARD event, but I went to all of them this year so far and I dont feel very warm inside about the way I was treated or the venues he chooses.

PJandBompton
11-17-2009, 08:38 AM
HARD is not for the ravers. HARD is for the money. They spend absolutely no cash on any type of frills or extras for the people paying money to attend the events. HARD Summer was a public display of what happens when you take advantage of the scene and think no one will notice.

Speak to Destructo yourself at any of the HARD events. He does not care about you as an attendee of his event. He wants your money, and then he wants to get you out as soon as he can.

I am not saying I will never attend another HARD event, but I went to all of them this year so far and I dont feel very warm inside about the way I was treated or the venues he chooses.

weird. you've gotta be the only one i've head complain about the Shrine...funny how his praises weren't rung when he brought it back there instead of the Forum when everyone was asking for it to go back to the Forum....

Young blood
11-17-2009, 08:40 AM
This sounds soooooo super cooool.

Gribbz
11-17-2009, 08:43 AM

Paging WhyTheLongFace.

Donaldj
11-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Paging WhyTheLongFace.

LoL

Distorted_Jungle
11-17-2009, 10:27 AM

I have bitched and bitched about the cash grab they are quite enough already, but i do agree with everything you said besides "i am not saying i will never attend another HARD event" because i won't go to any more.

Paging WhyTheLongFace.

haha, dude is all about HARD

Leeartlee
11-17-2009, 10:56 AM
What I don't get is the name. Wtf is so HARD about glow sticks and bubblegum techno?

ficklecycle
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
& we're off ladies and gentlemen.

eskamo951
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
they should stick to the Shrine Expo and the Palladium. Maybe lot 613 for the occasional dubstep show.

They're building student housing directly adjacent to The Shrine. That's what that construction is. I doubt it'll be very easy to use the side parking lot for anything going until 4am anymore.

nbvcide
11-17-2009, 06:55 PM
i'm betting they'll get a lot of the sahara/dome acts that coachella gets, while those acts have the visas and are in town..

so Fake Blood, The Proxy, Jack Beats, Caspa vs Rusko, Skream vs Benga, Hot Chip and Daedelus all seem likely..

PC-2 Violence
11-17-2009, 09:40 PM
weird. you've gotta be the only one i've head complain about the Shrine...funny how his praises weren't rung when he brought it back there instead of the Forum when everyone was asking for it to go back to the Forum....

Where did I complain about the specific venue? If anything I would have complained about the Forum because I was right in the middle of all the madness. Shrine setup is nice, but it's also a dump. Once the apartments are done, it might not be possible to use that venue any longer.

ficklecycle
11-17-2009, 09:44 PM

That's weird that he came out and pretty much personally thanked the crowd that was dancing during his set opening for Buraka a couple days ago then...

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 12:16 AM

Every event is about the cash. Any promoter that tells you otherwise is fucking with you. The reason they moved to the Forum is because its one of the few privately owned venues that LiveNation or AEG doesnt control. Yes, it was to make more money but it was obvious they'd outgrown the Shrine. It ended up ruining their name and pissing off people and they've been trying to put the pieces back ever since.

as for feeling "warm" dont know what to say about this. Get with the right people and anything can be fun.

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 12:20 AM
did anyone not have fun at HHM this year?

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 12:28 AM
They're building student housing directly adjacent to The Shrine. That's what that construction is. I doubt it'll be very easy to use the side parking lot for anything going until 4am anymore.

i actually dont think Gateway is going to interfere with the Shrine that much. Ill see what my contacts there have to say but USC already hates these events and tries all they can do to stop them but always fails. They have a weird love/hate relationship that could get more strained by this (USC owns Gateway) but the housing is for upper year students so any kid moving in their will know about the events before signing a lease. And in a residential neighborhood as dense as University Park Campus if the police cared about noise complaints they would have stopped these events years ago. Plus the police are on double overtime so they dont care

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 01:14 AM
plus, if they only use the venue for Halloween (or NYE), i don't know of any USC students that are so square as to complain about the noise on that night of all nights.. and i doubt many of them would even be sitting in their apartments anyway

truths
11-18-2009, 01:17 AM
this is already a fail. talk about something other than hard events/artists sheesh guise

zimmy1222
11-18-2009, 01:29 AM
That's weird that he came out and pretty much personally thanked the crowd that was dancing during his set opening for Buraka a couple days ago then...

That has nothing to do with Gary Richards the promoter...Which is what he was referring to.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 01:35 AM
this is already a fail. talk about something other than hard events/artists sheesh guise

there are 1,284,938 posts about things other than HARD..

this is a fucking HARD thread, what the fuck do you want us to talk about in it??

eskamo951
11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
i actually dont think Gateway is going to interfere with the Shrine that much. Ill see what my contacts there have to say but USC already hates these events and tries all they can do to stop them but always fails. They have a weird love/hate relationship that could get more strained by this (USC owns Gateway) but the housing is for upper year students so any kid moving in their will know about the events before signing a lease. And in a residential neighborhood as dense as University Park Campus if the police cared about noise complaints they would have stopped these events years ago. Plus the police are on double overtime so they dont care

We'll see what happens. I know USC already has enough on its plate with that development and several more proposed housing developments. The Shrine might not be the center of attention anytime soon. I'll see if I can get any information out of the students in my department working on that if noise was an issue (they're working with the existing community that will be displaced by further developments)

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 02:14 PM
AND WE HAVE LIFTOFF

THE BLOODY BEETROOTS LIVE

http://fla.vor.us/wafform.aspx?_act=eventview&_pky=66566

digitaldragon03
11-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Goddamn. I didnt know the Beetroots would ever do live at all. Hope this means there will be a cool stage setup, and that they are at Coachella so i can save $40.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Goddamn. I didnt know the Beetroots would ever do live at all. Hope this means there will be a cool stage setup, and that they are at Coachella so i can save $40.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I mean Coach, and all Hard set times always said "DJ set". Says more tba. Hope it's not stupid Aoki.

eskamo951
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I'd much rather them be at Coachella. I don't know if I can drive down to So Cal two weekends in a row, especially considering I'll already be missing school for Coachella.

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Rifo was raised a classical pianist. shit should be nuts

guedita
11-18-2009, 02:34 PM
It's got to be highly probable that the Beetroots will showcase their live performance first at Coachella, then at Hard. And even more likely that they will play at night this year at Coachella with some killer light effects.

HARD ends at 2 AM? I actually like that, if I decide to go, because I was sooo tired by the time deadmau5 came on at Hard Haunted.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
They were just there last year, although that doesn't seem to mean anything to Coachella anymore. I have a feeling this will be like Justice 07 & Justice 08 if they do play again.

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
booking 2 roundtrip flights now

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
booking 2 roundtrip flights now

Attaboy!

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Bloody Beetroots (live)
Destructo

more tba..

(i'm still convinced that many, if not most, of the acts will be doing both..)

Distorted_Jungle
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Bloody Beetroots (live)
Destructo

more tba..

I didn't catch the Beetroots at HARD, but their Coachella set did not live up to the hype behind it and i feel the live set would probably do the same for me. I like their production and i thought their set was enjoyable but nothing too impressive.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 02:49 PM
I just hope these guy stay as the headliners. It's seriously time we get them in LA at an indoor venue. Who knows what they'll bring with them.

PJandBompton
11-18-2009, 03:01 PM
oh FUCK YEAH! i was just thinking about how i haven't seen them yet and was disappointed about it...now i get to see them LIVE down the street from my friends house...FUCK YEAH

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 03:06 PM
im thinkin we might be getting a splash of fake blood in this too

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
im thinkin we might be getting a splash of fake blood in this too

That would make this the best HARD event ever.

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Gary Richards: "4 acts on the bill yes first time LIVE in LA"

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM

"in LA"

Count them in for Coach.

Does he count himself as an act?

PJandBompton
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM

nice. i'm actually gonna try and get my tickets early for this...should be fucking awesome...

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM
They're at about $35 right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they're at $50 in like a month.

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
i could see this selling out very quickly

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
I didn't catch the Beetroots at HARD, but their Coachella set did not live up to the hype behind it and i feel the live set would probably do the same for me. I like their production and i thought their set was enjoyable but nothing too impressive.

i thought Beetroots was the best daytime Sahara act i've seen in 3 years.. (i know others will disagree, but 99% of everyone in that tent was throwing down)

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
my predictions:

HARD LA 2010
April 24th, Palladium
8pm-2am

Bloody Beetroots (live)
Fake Blood
The Proxy
Steve Aoki
Jack Beats
Destructo

R41N570RM
11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
man, i've already got my ticket, you don't need to tell me twice

Distorted_Jungle
11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
i thought Beetroots was the best daytime Sahara act i've seen in 3 years.. (i know others will disagree, but 99% of everyone in that tent was throwing down)

Oh i was getting down and enjoyed the set, i know the guy standing on the speaker next to me was loving it, but that doesn't mean it lived up to the hype they got. Oh, and Plump DJ's = best daytime act i saw this year.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:44 PM
my predictions:

HARD LA 2010
April 24th, Palladium
8pm-2am

Bloody Beetroots (live)
Fake Blood
The Proxy
Steve Aoki
Jack Beats
Destructo

Gary already said 4 acts. Which makes sense, since thats what they did for the Deadmau5 show (in which Destructo was considered one of the acts), and what they're doing for NYE.

So two more...

Daft Fro
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah, guessing a few of those cats: The Proxy, Jack Beats, The Count (Hervé) & Sinden, Fake Blood, Shinichi Osawa...

...too bad the 2010 chella schedule isn't out - need to see the Sahara conflicts...

paulb
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM

Bloody Beetroots (live)
Destructo

more tba..

I love the Palladium! Beetroots LIVE too should be good...I was not very impressed at the Beetroots at Coachella, i had fun...but it was no Mstrkrft in 2007 for a daytime set... I do like thier studio material alot, so that should be dope....now hopefully this event can book SebastiAn LIVE! Ill buy my tix for this soon if possible.

rage patton
11-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Wait... if this is in LA a week after Coachella... doesn't this mean that none of these acts will be at Coachella?

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Wait... if this is in LA a week after Coachella... doesn't this mean that none of these acts will be at Coachella?

It could either mean that none of them will be at Coach, or they'll all be there.

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM

if a group from europe is in la a week after there is a high chance they will be at Coachella. wouldnt be surprised if they did coachella then did shows in vegas/sf/denver before coming back to la tho

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Oh, and Plump DJ's = best daytime act i saw this year.

yes, yes.. people say them or Gui Borrato..

and i'd think it's safe to say those were the best daytime Sahara acts each day

friday - Gui Borrato
saturday - Bloody Beetroots
sunday - Plump DJs

and the hype you held in your mind doesn't mean they had a bad set.. i went in with no expectations and was blown away..

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 05:12 PM

if a dj (let's say The Proxy) has difficulty getting a US visa, but does for Coachella, booking them while he is in town makes perfect sense.. Fake Blood could fit in that category as well.. work visas are only good for so many days

i feel 90% that Fake Blood will do both HARD & Coachella, even more so than Bloody Beetroots..

what's even cooler is there is a 4/20 Fest occurring during the week between Coachella and Hard LA, put on by Guerilla Union & the Smokeout Fest people.. this is gonna be one looooooonnnnnngggg ass party..

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-18-2009, 06:07 PM
ehhh I'll have to see about this

Coachella is already going to drain me of most of my cash

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
i dont think the Proxy is gonna play in the US anytime soon.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
you know more about the visa situation than i.. do you know the reason he hasn't been able to get one?

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 07:55 PM
no but he's not any bigger this year then he was last year, he's on Tiga's record label whos artists ruitinely tour in the US, is represented by AM Managment who does everyone, SoSweet/Insomniac and HARD tried to get him and still hasnt made it.... Id take a guess he has a conviction that eliminates any chance it it happening. i hope GV prooves me wrong

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
the more i think about it, HARD selling tickets already for HARD LA w/ The Bloody Beetroots (live) makes me think they will be at Coachella.. selling them this early, at a venue as small as the Palladium, it'll be sold out before Coachella announces the lineup, which in turn, would help GV since they don't like acts having LA dates near the fest, but it wouldn't matter if it was already sold out..

WhyTheLongFace
11-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Paging WhyTheLongFace.

1 2 WOOP WOOP!

paulb
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
ehhh I'll have to see about this

Coachella is already going to drain me of most of my cash

if u spend 35 bucks now for a ticket, thats not going to affect your cash flow for Coachella all the way in April

guedita
11-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh i was getting down and enjoyed the set, i know the guy standing on the speaker next to me was loving it, but that doesn't mean it lived up to the hype they got. Oh, and Plump DJ's = best daytime act i saw this year.

Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask this question, but I've heard so many raves about the Plump DJ's set this year, I only heard them briefly from the beer garden and have only ever listened to their Fabric Live compilation. Are there any other recommended mixes/albums? I feel like I should have actually gone towards the stage and checked them out!

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask this question, but I've heard so many raves about the Plump DJ's set this year, I only heard them briefly from the beer garden and have only ever listened to their Fabric Live compilation. Are there any other recommended mixes/albums? I feel like I should have actually gone towards the stage and checked them out!

MIGHTY this weekend?

guedita
11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
MIGHTY this weekend?

I totally wish I could, but I made plans to go out to the east bay for dinner and have work at 8 am Saturday morning. This is a fucking solid weekend of live music in SF, too. In short, my life keeps seeming to get in the way of all the shows I want to see. BOO.

summerkid
11-18-2009, 10:38 PM
the more i think about it, HARD selling tickets already for HARD LA w/ The Bloody Beetroots (live) makes me think they will be at Coachella.. selling them this early, at a venue as small as the Palladium, it'll be sold out before Coachella announces the lineup, which in turn, would help GV since they don't like acts having LA dates near the fest, but it wouldn't matter if it was already sold out..

I was thinking the same thing.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-18-2009, 10:51 PM
my predictions:

HARD LA 2010
April 24th, Palladium
8pm-2am

Bloody Beetroots (live)
Fake Blood
The Proxy
Steve Aoki
Jack Beats
Destructo

take out steve aoki and id be glad to drain my bank account

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 11:26 PM
im thinkin

The Bloody Beetroots (LIVE) (12:15 - 2)
Fake Blood (10:30 - 12:00)
Jack Beats or Herve'/Sinden (9-10:30)
Destructo (8-9)

HARD doesnt need Aoki. The beetroots will sell it out themselves. The guys have been lookin at FB for a while and JB did HARD NYC and Summer. Plus all these guys are on Herve's label Cheap Thrills

nbvcide
11-19-2009, 12:11 AM

yes. the Plump DJs @ Coachella 2009 bootleg..

DFrank
11-19-2009, 03:03 AM
I might be too mentally drained from Coachella the week before to go to this. If Bloody Beetroots will be back at the sahara then what's the point?

PJandBompton
11-19-2009, 03:21 AM
the benefit of this is that i can skip the Beetroots at Coachella if there is a conflict and just catch a (full) set the next week...

Distorted_Jungle
11-19-2009, 06:39 AM

like nbv said check out the coachella bootleg, also i really enjoy the essential mix from Radio 1's big weekend at blowpop.

WhyTheLongFace
11-19-2009, 12:37 PM
I never seen this
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ak7SALtb8UI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ak7SALtb8UI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

paulb
11-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Id kill to hear the Beetroots drop Ill To Destroy live....that would be so sick!

suprefan
11-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Then get your tickets, you will live here by then.

paulb
11-19-2009, 12:45 PM
i am...

lleeoo
11-19-2009, 01:13 PM
ooo HARD Radio Show..

nbvcide
11-19-2009, 04:23 PM
the benefit of this is that i can skip the Beetroots at Coachella if there is a conflict and just catch a (full) set the next week...

or, you'll be able to catch two amazing sets from the Beetroots in one week.. yesssssssssssss

i'd bet money that the HARD show will be a longer set, but they'll probably have two different sets i would think..

nbvcide
11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I never seen this
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ak7SALtb8UI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ak7SALtb8UI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

is it just me or are they sampling "Bulls on Parade" by Rage..

the end of the video is tons of win btw..

eskamo951
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I never seen this

:eek:
OMG!
AMAZING

paulb
11-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Gotta love the Black Flag shirt.... was that one of the Cool Kids in the music video? Im pumped to see them live!

WhyTheLongFace
11-20-2009, 12:55 AM
is it just me or are they sampling "Bulls on Parade" by Rage..

the end of the video is tons of win btw..

Yeah they did. But the funny thing is this sounds nothing like the album version.

ELECtROjan
11-20-2009, 12:59 AM
pretty sure that video and song is a fake. reason below

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rhsN4CPfi0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rhsN4CPfi0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

WhyTheLongFace
11-20-2009, 01:19 AM
It's on their myspace. So I'm a guess the song/video is real

WhyTheLongFace
11-20-2009, 01:21 AM
And how is what you posted proof. That just showed me they filmed in the same location.

eskamo951
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
And how is what you posted proof. That just showed me they filmed in the same location.

Yeah, that's not evidence at all. If he had the same clothes on, or had a following of people in his shirt/jackets, I'd question it, but really, the only similarity is the smashing of electrical equipment and the Black Flag shirt.

mau5trap
11-20-2009, 11:16 AM
pretty sure that video and song is a fake. reason below

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rhsN4CPfi0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2rhsN4CPfi0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

lolwut?

eskamo951
11-20-2009, 12:10 PM
According to www.hardfest.com, this will be the beetroots FIRST LIVE PERFORMANCE! Buying my ticket...

Devin the Dude
11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
ohhh too sick.. damnsauce.

RedThom
11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
According to www.hardfest.com, this will be the beetroots FIRST LIVE PERFORMANCE! Buying my ticket...

i wonder if that means no coachella.

CalmerThanYou
11-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Paul, you're moving down here? That's great news, perhaps one day we can finally meet.

Also, being one week after Coachella i can say with 100000007% certainty i will either be 1) sick, 2) too worn to make it or 3)holding onto whatever active braincells i have left.

Should be a real neat time though.

mau5trap
11-20-2009, 02:23 PM

ohhh shit. fosho!! :D

nbvcide
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
i always go another week after Coach.. the last two years i've done Vegas the week between Coach & Stage.. but you can be sure i'm blowing off family this year and ditching the weak ass Stage lineup.. (and blowing off Vegas for 4:20 Harvest Fest)..

as far as the video goes, they probably filmed them at the same time..

ACTUALLY, it says it's their first time live in LOS ANGELES.. (the fla.vor.us site calls it: "For the first time ever in Hollywood HARD presents THE BLOODY BEETROOTS LIVE")... considering it's actually their first time LIVE anywhere on the west coast (to the best of my knowledge), that makes me even MORE certain that they're bringing the live show to Coachella.. Gary being a co-manager of the duo in the states (just like Crookers and Boys Noize), KNOWS about the Coachella booking, which is probably what led him to announce and sell tickets to this event so far in advance (even ahead of their still not sold out NYE show), the theory being that the HARD LA show will be sold out before Coachella even announces their lineup and thus it will not be a conflict with the festival concerning LA dates.. which further backs up the theory that other foreign acts *coughfakebloodcough* playing both would not be having a conflicting LA date, which GV tends to avoid..

i wonder if that means no coachella.

see above..

CalmerThanYou
11-20-2009, 03:18 PM
After last year the bloody beetroots are definitely coming back for round two.

Devin the Dude
11-20-2009, 03:20 PM
they most likely have a headlining spot. this was fact from the second they left the fields this year.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-20-2009, 04:01 PM
I dont think they'll be headlining. Probably second to last of the night (i.e. chem bro's spot)

ELECtROjan
11-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah, that's not evidence at all. If he had the same clothes on, or had a following of people in his shirt/jackets, I'd question it, but really, the only similarity is the smashing of electrical equipment and the Black Flag shirt.

Yea im an idiot and got that video and this one mixed up. I still find it weird that theyd use video from the SmashYourStereo video shoot tho

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRhIHzZRT70&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRhIHzZRT70&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

eskamo951
11-20-2009, 04:46 PM
They're both the same song, one is just in English...they can have similar concepts for the videos.

suprefan
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAA AOKI ADDED FOR THIS SHOW...

figures....

Paulb aint going now

ficklecycle
11-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Fuck, I knew it. One more act let's hope it's someone good.

digitaldragon03
11-20-2009, 05:13 PM
If its a true live show then you gotta have Aoki screaming his balls off on Warp. I really wish the Beetroots were on some other label so we can avoid Aoki at every Beetroots show. Its like Don King and Tyson, everyone wants Tyson to go out and rip assholes, but then we have to listen to Don for weeks before it actually happens.

paulb
11-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Paul, you're moving down here? That's great news, perhaps one day we can finally meet.

Also, being one week after Coachella i can say with 100000007% certainty i will either be 1) sick, 2) too worn to make it or 3)holding onto whatever active braincells i have left.

Should be a real neat time though.

Im moving to LA, Dec 1st....we gotta meet up, have a drink or 2 or 9.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA AOKI ADDED FOR THIS SHOW...

figures....

Paulb aint going now

ill go.......buying my ticket now.....

paulb
11-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Just got my ticket...its weird, there is an option for Country, so i put Canada....then it still asks for State...i just put California, and it went through....we'll see how that goes.

suprefan
11-20-2009, 07:45 PM
hahah nice, thats weird.... and aoki fest 2010 begins!

ELECtROjan
11-21-2009, 12:15 AM
not cool Gary. not cool

ELECtROjan
11-21-2009, 02:03 AM
a friend who worked for them sent me this video as a preview. audio seems a little too good at times but this is what it will look like
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYNPZvAmsYw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYNPZvAmsYw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/psaMYbN52mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/psaMYbN52mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ficklecycle
11-21-2009, 04:29 AM
Those vids are pretty cool. Obv the audio for Warp is the studio version. Must be pretty fucking great to hear live though.

paulb
11-21-2009, 12:06 PM
God damn....from that 1st youtube video.... looks fuckin awesome! and actually LIVE!

ELECtROjan
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
same friend let me know that DimMak usually makes their artists sign Exclusivity contracts with venues making this the only allowed Beetroots show in the area and no Coachella. he also added exceptions could be made but in the three years he was there he didnt see a single one

stinkbutt
11-21-2009, 10:55 PM
What about MSTRKRFT playing everywhere before and after Coachella

I think you full of it

WhyTheLongFace
11-21-2009, 11:51 PM
same friend let me know that DimMak usually makes their artists sign Exclusivity contracts with venues making this the only allowed Beetroots show in the area and no Coachella. he also added exceptions could be made but in the three years he was there he didnt see a single one

lol wut? How can Dim Mak (a label) make their artists sign exclusivity contracts with venues (that they don't own)?

nbvcide
11-22-2009, 12:14 AM
I dont think they'll be headlining. Probably second to last of the night (i.e. chem bro's spot)
that's when the Sahara headliner plays..

a friend who worked for them sent me this video as a preview. audio seems a little too good at times but this is what it will look like
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYNPZvAmsYw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYNPZvAmsYw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/psaMYbN52mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/psaMYbN52mk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HOLY FUCK.

this is gonna be amazing..

P.S. Marracash sucked balls..

nbvcide
11-22-2009, 12:39 AM
If its a true live show then you gotta have Aoki screaming his balls off on Warp.

that's what i said when i first heard this.. you couldn't possibly have a live set without Aoki..

joppy-slow
11-22-2009, 12:41 AM
If its a true live show then you gotta have Aoki screaming his balls off on Warp. I really wish the Beetroots were on some other label so we can avoid Aoki at every Beetroots show. Its like Don King and Tyson, everyone wants Tyson to go out and rip assholes, but then we have to listen to Don for weeks before it actually happens.

ha hahaahah.. i lolz. the perfect analogy.. someone also needs to pop that stupid raft that stevie rides around in while crowd rafting.

ficklecycle
11-22-2009, 12:25 PM
someone also needs to pop that stupid raft that stevie rides around in while crowd rafting.

well make the straws from our lemonades into a dagger

ELECtROjan
11-22-2009, 02:38 PM
he told me he HIGHLY doubts they will play at Coachella. An exception could be made but he didn't think it would happen.

Personally I think (and hope) that they'll consider HARD's success selling out events, add to that the fact that Aoki is playing at the HARD event, and they should be at both

Devin the Dude
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
that is the lamest live i've ever seen in my life. compare that bullshit to anything Soulwax puts out. he wasn't even playing the beat that's in the song. the "drummer" is just sitting there, jamming the same basic 4/4 drone every single time you see him on the camera. they even avoid the hi-hat toward the end of the video to hide the fact that he is not open-closing with his foot. what a fucking retarded concept. these guys need to do like Buraka and hire a REAL drummer; one who will enhance the groove of the music, not interrupt it banging on cymbals like a monkey.

fucking WOW blood beetroots. i expected SOOO much better from you. :nono

Devin the Dude
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
that said, i still DGAF and will watch beetroots any chance on earth i get, because their songs are TOP NOTCH regardless of any shitty-caliber "live" performance.

ELECtROjan
11-22-2009, 08:56 PM
its an award show Devin... not the real thing. Think about how much energy these guys expel pumping the crowd up during a DJ set. Live should be insane

Devin the Dude
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
my opinion stands on the drummer. that was bullshit. he is not a drummer. he is a toy monkey in that video. maybe if we get new footage of them really rocking out. that was bullshit.

paulb
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM
you'll be disappointed if you dont go in April....

WhyTheLongFace
11-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I wanna see more live footage

WhyTheLongFace
11-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm still going though no matter what

ficklecycle
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm still going though no matter what

Atta boy. Who's got their tix already? I should be getting mine by the end of the month. Wanna get it cheap since I gotta get my NYE ticket as well.

paulb
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
more LIVE footage.....this will be their 1st time ever live....we'll be the ones making the footage..... that awards show seemed pretty planned, and clearly not fully live... despite that....i feel very optimistic as to how this event is going to turn out...

WhyTheLongFace
11-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh this is their 1st ever? I thought just first in LA. Well Damn I feel special

guedita
11-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I'd like for the male Italian announcer to be at HARD as well. "The Bloody....Beestsroosts!?"

I'd also love for a translation of what the woman is saying, because I like how she keeps flitting her eyes to the side, obviously puzzled by their masks.

paulb
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
when I saw Steve Aoki open for Mstrkrft in Sept, the only song people went ape shit for was Warp 1.9....should be fun to hear live....unless Steve pulls an Aoki and plays the song 3 times during a 90min set!

WhyTheLongFace
11-22-2009, 10:29 PM
when I saw Steve Aoki open for Mstrkrft in Sept, the only song people went ape shit for was Warp 1.9....should be fun to hear live....unless Steve pulls an Aoki and plays the song 3 times during a 90min set!

Im guess you mean beetroots pull an Aoki. And they usually play it 2x

paulb
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
well, im totally down to hear it 1 to 2 at the most by the Beetroots....but if Aoki does it 3x before the Beetroots hit the stage, its going to be a LOOOOOOONG night!

Sushov23
11-22-2009, 10:56 PM
well, im totally down to hear it 1 to 2 at the most by the Beetroots....but if Aoki does it 3x before the Beetroots hit the stage, its going to be a LOOOOOOONG night!

Paul, I just bought a ticket because I really want to see the Beetroots again. Also because I saw you where going. We are going to fucking party hard man. MEET UP!. Bonnaroo type of partying comes to mind Paul.

paulb
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Paul, I just bought a ticket because I really want to see the Beetroots again. Also because I saw you where going. We are going to fucking party hard man. MEET UP!. Bonnaroo type of partying comes to mind Paul.

Sounds like a party dude! Fuck yeah....you really cant party any harder than what happened at Bonnaroo!

Devin the Dude
11-23-2009, 12:40 AM
i'm still going, too. don't mistake me there. i'm just really disappointed at the footage we have right now. who wouldn't pray for better? hah.

nbvcide
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
more LIVE footage.....this will be their 1st time ever live....we'll be the ones making the footage..... that awards show seemed pretty planned, and clearly not fully live... despite that....i feel very optimistic as to how this event is going to turn out...

1. the Hard LA show is NOT the first time they will have performed LIVE.. it's the first time they've performed live in LOS ANGELES (according to hard; or Hollywood, according to fla.vor.us).. since it's actually the first time they've performed live in the western U.S. one has to wonder why it isn't being advertised as such, unless there is a LIVE Beetroots set occurring somewhere nearby prior to Hard LA (like the week before perhaps?)

2. that wasn't an awards show.. it was a televised one stage festival in Geneva that featured about ten acts.. and was called MTV Day. the headliner was the reunion performance of Skunk Anansie.. The Gossip and Lost also played, as well as a half dozen top Italian acts..

3. they performed live (albeit a sneak peek, and not the full 3-person show we will have, which explains the poor drumming on Tommy's part). and all advertising for the event refer to it as LIVE. their bookings are clearly labeled dj set or live performance. in fact, several interviews and articles have made mention that most (if not all) of their 2010 bookings will be live sets. which further backs up the fact that Hard LA will not be the first U.S. date to feature a live set, as they have already scheduled several 2010 dates.

you guys need to check your facts.

nbvcide
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
“Next year we’ll be touring live,” Rifo explained. “Bloody Beetroots play punk electro. But we’re evolving into a new live format with more real instruments on stage. So it’s getting more hybrid. I’ll be playing guitar, bass and keyboards, there’ll be a drummer and Tommy on stage too.”

Whilst Rifo declares that the identity of the newly found third Beetroot is ‘still top secret’, that didn’t stop him dropping a few enigmatic hints at their background.

“The third beetroot is an Italian drummer who can be seen in the scruffiest East Coast basements in the U.S. between November and January,”

at least we know it's not Aoki :)

ELECtROjan
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
if were getting technical Wes the festival was actually in Genova (Genoa), Italy and not Geneva, Switzerland

paulb
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
I dont really care if its their 1st, 10th, last LIVE show ever....Im just ready to have fun, which is what its all about...

crazzz2007
11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
that is the lamest live i've ever seen in my life. compare that bullshit to anything Soulwax puts out. he wasn't even playing the beat that's in the song. the "drummer" is just sitting there, jamming the same basic 4/4 drone every single time you see him on the camera. they even avoid the hi-hat toward the end of the video to hide the fact that he is not open-closing with his foot. what a fucking retarded concept. these guys need to do like Buraka and hire a REAL drummer; one who will enhance the groove of the music, not interrupt it banging on cymbals like a monkey.

fucking WOW blood beetroots. i expected SOOO much better from you. :nono

maybe one day you'll learn that 99% of electronic acts who claim to be live aren't really live. it's just a bullshit term the industry has created to get people like you to think that something special is taking place on stage, when it's just basically the same shit as a dj set.

Devin the Dude
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
you're fucking retarded. it's never worth it to argue with you.

ficklecycle
11-24-2009, 12:20 AM
For those of you in NYC, BOYS NOIZE MAJOR LAZER BURAKA PROXY DESTRUCTO 04.03.10 HARDNYC @Terminal5

djandrews25
11-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Their music kinda sucks, but its cool that they have enough talent to do it live.

suprefan
11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
For those of you in NYC, BOYS NOIZE MAJOR LAZER BURAKA PROXY DESTRUCTO 04.03.10 HARDNYC @Terminal5

Took somebody long enough to pick this up. I think they all end up at coachella, except Destructo.

ELECtROjan
11-24-2009, 12:27 AM
PROXY

^THIS

digitaldragon03
11-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Proxy is clear for US, NICE!

ficklecycle
11-24-2009, 06:24 AM
ONE TWO THREE MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ocpvy_Ea3EM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ocpvy_Ea3EM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

leo01g
11-24-2009, 10:41 AM
PROXY!!! Did he finally get at visa?

R41N570RM
11-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Please get Proxy over to the west coast, HARD LA, Coachella, whatever get them over here

eskamo951
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Their music kinda sucks, but its cool that they have enough talent to do it live.

WHAT?! And I thought we were friends... :nono

crazzz2007
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
you're fucking retarded. it's never worth it to argue with you.

actually you just proved you retard-worthiness.

please tell me, exactly, how justice (for example) is live.

Daft Fro
11-24-2009, 04:58 PM
PROXY

:thu

RAVEN

Devin the Dude
11-24-2009, 06:32 PM
actually you just proved you retard-worthiness.

please tell me, exactly, how justice (for example) is live.

i'd like to know the relevance of justice. i don't like them. i'm not talking about justice. you're fucking reTARDed.

ELECtROjan
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Good News: PROXY (USA Debut)

Bad News: BURAKA SOM SISTEMA (MC+DJ Set)

ficklecycle
11-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Good News: PROXY (USA Debut)

Bad News: BURAKA SOM SISTEMA (MC+DJ Set)

God I hope we get Proxy at HARD LA or Coachella.

& wtf no more Buraka live sets?

ELECtROjan
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
other then Proxy the HARD NYC lineup does nothing for me

paulb
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
link some Proxy to me.... they good?

ficklecycle
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
link some Proxy to me.... they good?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNF7773KcGM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNF7773KcGM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pretty sure you've heard this one...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-ebQpWqH2k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-ebQpWqH2k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

paulb
11-24-2009, 07:58 PM
thanks for the links...checking them out now.... whats your name again ficklecycle?

paulb
11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
ah....yes ive def heard Raven many times....fuckin awesome!

ficklecycle
11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
thanks for the links...checking them out now.... whats your name again ficklecycle?

Those two are probably the best. I've got a lot I can send you if you like.

I'm Richard.

paulb
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Those two are probably the best. I've got a lot I can send you if you like.

I'm Richard.

sure....sounds good. Thanks Richard.

ELECtROjan
11-24-2009, 09:39 PM

im about to post a few tracks on the blog. check the link in my sig in a bit

http://www.bauhausbeats.com/2009/11/worth-wait-proxy-comes-to-us.html

Wheres the beef?
11-24-2009, 10:43 PM

Do you need to be impressed every where you go? Why don't you just come out and have a good time? ;)

Wheres the beef?
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
im about to post a few tracks on the blog. check the link in my sig in a bit

http://www.bauhausbeats.com/2009/11/worth-wait-proxy-comes-to-us.html

Need more info on Proxy and California shows.

nbvcide
11-25-2009, 12:01 AM
if were getting technical Wes the festival was actually in Genova (Genoa), Italy and not Geneva, Switzerland

yes, i knew it was Italy, thank you for catching my spelling error..

guedita
11-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh siiick, I had no idea the Proxy (or is it just "Proxy?") did the Dance in the Dark song. THANKS RUSSIA!

suprefan
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
i'm gonna go ahead and call it.. at midnight, November 25th 2009, Wes has confirmed that The Proxy will be at both Coachella and HARD LA..

Well they are at Hard NY, so.........

Ardentbiscuit
11-28-2009, 12:01 PM
What if the 4th is Dj Momjeans?

nbvcide
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
lol, i would be cool with it, so long as Coach got Fake Blood and Proxy..

i have zero probs with Momjeans, but i need to see Fake Blood & Proxy SOMEWHERE..

ELECtROjan
11-28-2009, 11:11 PM
MomJeans-Steve Aoki would be awful

Ardentbiscuit
11-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Honestly I have no problem with Momjeans or Aoki. People get too wrapped up in hating them.

With the bloody beetroots playing, I could care less who else is playing.

nbvcide
11-29-2009, 12:33 AM
^^THIS on both counts..

but TrojanE is right, in that it be pretty funny..

ELECtROjan
11-29-2009, 01:13 PM
the third artists will billed higher then Aoki

suprefan
11-29-2009, 01:19 PM
What if the 4th is Dj Momjeans?

Whats it matter.

Ardentbiscuit
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Whats it matter.

It doesn't.

It was a lame joke I made.

I am just baffled by how much energy people waste on here complaining about Aoki and Momjeans.

Devin the Dude
11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
MomJeans wins by default for best DJ name ever.

ficklecycle
11-30-2009, 07:34 AM
MomJeans wins by default for best DJ name ever.

He's a pretty nice guy too.

Devin the Dude
11-30-2009, 12:26 PM
double-whammy!

Wheres the beef?
11-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Talked to homeboy who works at One World Smoke Shop in Newport also works for HARD and he said Proxy was not coming to HARD LA.

nbvcide
11-30-2009, 06:26 PM
dammit..

oh well, if he's in NY the week before, GV will get him..

Botrocker
11-30-2009, 10:05 PM
^exactly

WhyTheLongFace
11-30-2009, 10:57 PM
You guys get your hopes up too much

nbvcide
12-01-2009, 12:59 AM
maybe he's not able to play Hard LA specifically because he's playing Coachella..

paulb
12-01-2009, 01:21 AM
the hype has me curious....

Distorted_Jungle
12-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Do you need to be impressed every where you go? Why don't you just come out and have a good time? ;)

haha, i can only pay $50 to see certain artist so many times, and i will pay $20 to just have a good time but when you get to the $50 + i need to be impressed haha. I mean the Beetroots have played or been billed for at least 5 shows in southern california this year, so i'm just a fan of variety. I am a fan of the Beetroots though, just don't think it would be worth the money the weekend after i'm going to blow a lot of cash on coachella.

Monklish
12-01-2009, 07:04 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAARP
WARP WARP WARP

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

dgfdgd
12-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Well they are at Hard NY, so.........

haha, i can only pay $50 to see certain artist so many times, and i will pay $20 to just have a good time but when you get to the $50 + i need to be impressed haha

eskamo951
12-01-2009, 09:09 AM
haha, i can only pay $50 to see certain artist so many times, and i will pay $20 to just have a good time but when you get to the $50 + i need to be impressed haha. I mean the Beetroots have played or been billed for at least 5 shows in southern california this year, so i'm just a fan of variety. I am a fan of the Beetroots though, just don't think it would be worth the money the weekend after i'm going to blow a lot of cash on coachella.

haha, i can only pay $50 to see certain artist so many times, and i will pay $20 to just have a good time but when you get to the $50 + i need to be impressed haha

...seriously? Copycat.

But I agree, that much money the weekend after Coachella? The Beetroots are the only listed act I want to see, so far.

Monklish
12-01-2009, 09:15 AM
1, 2, 3, warp.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-01-2009, 09:21 AM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8899/os2warp4.png

TommyboyUNM
12-01-2009, 09:26 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/warpzone.png

malcolmjamalawesome
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/985/loldogwarpdriveengaged.jpg

Monklish
12-01-2009, 09:35 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-dog-pictures-reachin-warp.jpg

TommyboyUNM
12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/warp-speed-fat-loss-box.jpg

malcolmjamalawesome
12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7783/funnypicturescatisnowen.jpg

Monklish
12-01-2009, 09:43 AM
I love that we're all just going through the same pages of Google image search.

http://www.intarnet.us/graphics/warp-factor-fuck-you.jpg

TommyboyUNM
12-01-2009, 09:43 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/warp-images-online-at-doctorwarp.jpg

malcolmjamalawesome
12-01-2009, 09:46 AM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8041/warp.jpg

TommyboyUNM
12-01-2009, 09:48 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/warp10.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
12-01-2009, 02:54 PM

Ok but how many times have you personally seen them this year? Who cares if they've been billed.

Coachella 09 Day 2
Hard Summer (Didnt play)
Somewhere in SD the day after
Hard Halloween Day 1

So the most you could have seen them would be 3 times and I'm gonna assume you only seen them at most once so that isnt much saturation.

djandrews25
12-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I still cant fathom how such cheesy techno got into the limelight.

grind
12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I think it's my rebellion against what a lot of people think music should be, or maybe what I used to think music should be:

You need classic instruments (guitar, bass, drums etc.) and a singer, complex rhythms and melodies and you need to be on the cutting edge.

I'm tired of it, I just want to enjoy what I'm listening too. If that means girltalk is what I'm into, then so be it. If that means the super simple beats of the BBS get me going, then so be it.

The more simple, the less there is, the more I love it. I know there should be something else to fill the void and make the song sound really complex and well thought out. But it's not there, and we can all get into it anyway.

A good example for me is "pon de floor". When that song drops, and there's literally almost nothing except that uuuuuUU U U U U ouuuuuuu ouuuUUU U UU U UOOOOO. I think i love that more every time I here it

The fact that we can all love it for it's simplicity and awesomeness, is badass.

Sorry for the rant :D

Distorted_Jungle
12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Ok but how many times have you personally seen them this year? Who cares if they've been billed.

Coachella 09 Day 2
Hard Summer (Didnt play)
Somewhere in SD the day after
Hard Halloween Day 1

So the most you could have seen them would be 3 times and I'm gonna assume you only seen them at most once so that isnt much saturation.

I did only see them once, but i rather see a better DJ for a first time than see someone who just mixes OK a second time. Lets not start this again though, i've had multiple conversations with you about our difference of opinion towards HARD as a promotion company and they always end up the same, agree to disagree.

Sushov23
12-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Shit, I never noticed this was happening the same weekend as Stagecoach. I won't be going to this now.

DFrank
12-03-2009, 12:56 AM
An honorable salute to you guys for being troopers going to a HARD event less than a week after coachella...where the bloody beetroots might make an appearance anyway.

http://home.forbin.com/muzzy/Webelos%20art%20GIF/Salute.gif

paulb
12-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Shit, I never noticed this was happening the same weekend as Stagecoach. I won't be going to this now.

what the fuck happened to Bonnaroo style partying at this.... you let me down Jesse.

zimmy1222
12-03-2009, 10:08 AM
TBB posess the ability to make very harsh music, but my gf put it best, "the only way to listen to the bloody beetroots is really fucking loud"

It's not groovy, it's not the easiest music to dance to, but it's fun to rage to. : )

paulb
12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
exactly....

lleeoo
12-03-2009, 08:56 PM
full version of warp 1977 can be heard here :O :

http://www.myspace.com/dimmakrecords

WhyTheLongFace
12-04-2009, 12:21 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5TbiUzfMWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5TbiUzfMWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aoki is gonna kill

dubvulture
12-05-2009, 08:49 PM
I get the feeling the Beetroots are the secret guests for Aoki's Birthday at next week's Dim Mak Tuesday. There's no major electro act in town next week that would require the secrecy of "international secret guest djs". Of course, The Beetroots DO have tickets on sale right now...

Anyone know anything about who it is?

suprefan
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
They have a ticket sales link on their page for it?

dubvulture
12-06-2009, 02:36 AM
They have a ticket sales link on their page for it?

this is all I know of:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=732635

Next week they have a block of free time between shows. By tickets they do have on sale, I was referring to HARD LA

guedita
12-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Would the Bloody Beetroots play at a $10 Tuesday night show though? I ascribe to the belief that if the guest is that 'spectacular,' it would have been announced already with higher prices to generate a higher revenue. Though I am now intensely curious as to who it will be. I'll pitch in $2 for someone to sacrifice themselves for an Aoki set to report on the SECRET INTERNATIONAL GUEST. The singularity of the designation "guest" alone makes me think it's Busy P, but that's a total guess. Dead serious about my monetary contribution.

guedita
12-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Its daft punk.

I UP MY CONTRIBUTION TO $3

ficklecycle
12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
It's deff the Beetroots. & remember, they didn't announce it was Thomas B spinning for Busy P's birthday at DM Tuesdays.

suprefan
12-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Would the Bloody Beetroots play at a $10 Tuesday night show though? I ascribe to the belief that if the guest is that 'spectacular,' it would have been announced already with higher prices to generate a higher revenue. Though I am now intensely curious as to who it will be. I'll pitch in $2 for someone to sacrifice themselves for an Aoki set to report on the SECRET INTERNATIONAL GUEST. The singularity of the designation "guest" alone makes me think it's Busy P, but that's a total guess. Dead serious about my monetary contribution.

They make their money form the bar.

ELECtROjan
12-06-2009, 12:08 PM
The Bloody Beetroots doing an exclusive WARP only set with special guest Steve Aoki

ELECtROjan
12-06-2009, 12:13 PM
That would mean they'd be flying from Australia to LA to Italy and back to Asia (a complete circle around the world) in a three week period for a grand total of 6 shows.... I know they're good friends with Aoki but that seems a little extreme.

paulb
12-06-2009, 12:16 PM
ill be the guinea pig for you guys, if u get my ticket....

ELECtROjan
12-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Coming out on the same day as Aoki's birthday party
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ocpvy_Ea3EM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ocpvy_Ea3EM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

1.Warp 1977 Feat. Steve Aoki And Bobermann

2.Talkin' In My Sleep ( Bloody Beetroots Rmx )

3.All Leather - Mystery Meat ( Bloody Beetroots Rmx )

4.Romborama Videoclip by Bennet Pimpinella

ficklecycle
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM
That would mean they'd be flying from Australia to LA to Italy and back to Asia (a complete circle around the world) in a three week period for a grand total of 6 shows.... I know they're good friends with Aoki but that seems a little extreme.

Well Steve DID give them a record deal...

guedita
12-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Is anyone here actually going to this? Depending on where I geographically end up on NYE, I might end up here.

Mr. Dylanja
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
There's no way in hell that I can commit to this so far out.

That said, I'm going :D

ELECtROjan
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
lame how its Groove WillCall only right now. I want to secure the cheap ticket but if i cant go theres no way to sell it

guedita
12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Ugh, that is super frustrating. I feel like I have to decide this week whether to go to Sea of Dreams or this....and I hate making decisions!

ELECtROjan
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
cara i think this thread is for HARD LA as in the April Bloody Beetroots show and not their NYE party. As for NYE goto SoD with all of us!

guedita
12-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Oops...my bad. SoD sounds so. darn. tempting. Oy, decisions.

As for THIS event....any speculation on when other artists will be released?

Distorted_Jungle
12-07-2009, 06:48 AM

When Thomas of Daft Punk played it wasn't announced, it was a "very special guest". Dim Mak Tuesdays does have pretty big special guest acts on a regular basis, it's been MSTRKRFT and a couple other big names before for $5 before 10:00.

guedita
12-07-2009, 11:21 AM
When Thomas of Daft Punk played it wasn't announced, it was a "very special guest". Dim Mak Tuesdays does have pretty big special guest acts on a regular basis, it's been MSTRKRFT and a couple other big names before for $5 before 10:00.

Then I stand...corrected. That's awesome that ya'll can see such acts for so cheap...I'm jealous.

ficklecycle
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Oops...my bad. SoD sounds so. darn. tempting. Oy, decisions.

As for THIS event....any speculation on when other artists will be released?

Theres only one artist left to be announced. So far its BB, Steve, and Destructo.

trancehiphop
12-07-2009, 06:05 PM

With this being said I almost guarantee that the bloody beetroots will be spinning tomorrow night. And hopefully some other dj's that aren't on tour, such as mstrkrft and armand van helden.

ELECtROjan
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
With this being said I almost guarantee that the bloody beetroots will be spinning tomorrow night. And hopefully some other dj's that aren't on tour, such as mstrkrft and armand van helden.

from Facebook:
Bob Cornelius Rifo: (Yesterday 2:50pm) Brisbane-Singapore-Frankfurt-Milan! going back home!!xxxxx.b

digitaldragon03
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
On Richard Humpty Vission's website, he has himself listed for Dim Mak tomorrow. His wiki says he was born in Canada, but raised in the US.

http://www.richardvission.com/2009/index.html

EDIT: BTW, im guinea pigging this. If pigging is a word...