PDA

View Full Version : Coachella Dilemma!

drewdrewdrew
11-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Due to my studies here at home, I might have to miss out on Coachella this year because of some school obligations. Thats the bad news.

Now, I have been looking into Bonnaroo so that I can still get my festival on, and I was wondering, have any of you gone? How was it? How does it stack up?

and, the most helpful, if you are from the west coast (I am from Reno, NV) how much did it cost you to get there (roughly)?

Thanks!

crazzz2007
11-08-2009, 01:34 PM
there is a bonnaroo thread, in the festivals forum. i suggest you go there. the festivals forum is in the Music Lounge forum.

eskamo951
11-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Ok...get your priorities straight. School, you can miss a couple days and not have a huge disaster. Can you miss Coachella and have it not be a disaster? I know I can't...

drewdrewdrew
11-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok...get your priorities straight. School, you can miss a couple days and not have a huge disaster. Can you miss Coachella and have it not be a disaster? I know I can't...

Normally I would agree with this, the specifics of it that I left out are that I am a theatre major and we have a rather large production running all through april that I will have to be at, either as a performer or as a technician.

eskamo951
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Well, it's still worth it to miss. I may have community development meetings I have to go to this year or next year, but I'll miss them. The classic "My [family member] is in the hospital!" will work. And you're a theater major, you can force out some tears

BROKENDOLL
11-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Drew, where the hell did your sig come from?

sleepybrew
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
from a fellow renoite: i missed coachella in 04 and 06 because of school. those two decisions are the two worst decisions of my entire life. ever.

go to coachella my friend, school always has a way of working itself out, but the loss of great memories does not work itself out.

stinkbutt
11-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Normally I would agree with this, the specifics of it that I left out are that I am a theatre major and we have a rather large production running all through april that I will have to be at, either as a performer or as a technician.

What the fuck are you gonna do with a theatre major anyhow?

Go to Coachella you pussy

eskamo951
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
What the fuck are you gonna do with a theatre major anyhow?

Go to Coachella you pussy

This.
My friend was a theater major. She is currently a tutor at UCR because there is nothing you can do with that degree.

gaypalmsprings
11-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Son, please pray about this dilemma.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/CBS_Production_News/564/829/isp_1107_320x240.jpg

rage patton
11-08-2009, 03:14 PM
To answer the OP:

Bonnaroo is a great festival. I had an amazing time this year. With that being said, Coachella will always be my festival of choice.

drewdrewdrew
11-08-2009, 03:32 PM
This.
My friend was a theater major. She is currently a tutor at UCR because there is nothing you can do with that degree.

Not true. She may have a degree with aspirations of acting, which yes is very difficult. But with a theater degree you can do alot of stuff. Working for pretty much any theater across the US, even if you aren't acting for them, in some sort of technical aspect.

Ideally, I would like to act, but if not I would like to teach, which is always possible for a theater major.

...and to the guy that asked about the sig, I got it from some tard on the boards before this years fest. I just remember thinking it was funny.

rskapcat
11-08-2009, 03:35 PM
"Chest meat" & "finger blast" are still hilarious. :p

Stickjohn
11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Call me crazy OP but keeping your commitment to the theater thing and catching another festival sounds perfectly reasonable. I'd love to checkout Sasquatch sometime but it comes fairly soon after Coachella to do both. (It's Memorial Day weekend - there's info in the "Other Festivals" section like mentioned above.)

BROKENDOLL
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
"Chest meat" & "finger blast" are still hilarious. :p
Have I ever been dreadfully mean?

rskapcat
11-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Have I ever been dreadfully mean?

Not that I remember. Why?

Monklish
11-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Just dreadful in every other respect.

drewdrewdrew
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Call me crazy OP but keeping your commitment to the theater thing and catching another festival sounds perfectly reasonable. I'd love to checkout Sasquatch sometime but it comes fairly soon after Coachella to do both. (It's Memorial Day weekend - there's info in the "Other Festivals" section like mentioned above.)

Thanks mate, thats what I am thinking. I will check out the other tab.

weezy f baby
11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Not true. She may have a degree with aspirations of acting, which yes is very difficult. But with a theater degree you can do alot of stuff. Working for pretty much any theater across the US, even if you aren't acting for them, in some sort of technical aspect.

Ideally, I would like to act, but if not I would like to teach, which is always possible for a theater major.

Go to Coachella. Stop being a pussy.

misterpickles
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
The classic "My [family member] is in the hospital!" will work.

Hhahahahaha classic..

robotrock1382
12-30-2009, 07:31 PM
i went to coachella in 2006 and at the time had the best time ever. However in 2007, i attended my first roo, and have been every year since. They both have great things about them, but a few key things bummed me out about Coach. Coach cost way too much, shorter sets, not as diverse lineup, far fewer activities to do besides seeing bands, bands end at a specific time( Roo runs all night for the most part for 4 days) cant bring alcohol into your camp and other things. Bonnaroo is more of a life experience imo than Coachella. Also, i think it depends on where you live. i live in louisiana, so roo is closer, thus cheap. while i would/ will go to them both one year, i am certain i will never pick Coach over Roo. but thats me. good luck!