PDA

View Full Version : Daft Punk 2010

oceansc420
11-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Main stage.

Would be the fastest Coachella sell-out ever.

Aurgasm
11-03-2009, 09:10 PM
calling suprefan..

superfiction
11-03-2009, 09:22 PM
whos daft punk?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
some dude with a mask I think.

dorkfish
11-03-2009, 09:26 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/134410-1/Acrobatic_wrestling.gif

HAMMERHEAD
11-03-2009, 09:33 PM
top 3 most badass things ive ever seen ^^^

on another note...no, daft punk headlining would not be the fastest sellout ever.

suprefan
11-03-2009, 09:44 PM
calling suprefan..

No you mean Jeff...

No this is badass

http://perfectlytimedphotos.com/perfectly-timed-photo/7291-i-hope-to-god-this-has-been

superfiction
11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
why didnt you just post the photo in the thread instead of linking to it?

Aurgasm
11-04-2009, 12:58 AM
on another note...no, daft punk headlining would not be the fastest sellout ever.

im not so sure about this. they are insanely popular... what makes you say this?

dorkfish
11-04-2009, 01:01 AM
im not so sure about this. they are insanely popular... what makes you say this?
They are quite popular. They are not 50,000-60,000 tickets to a festival in the desert popular.

U2 would sell out quickly. Daft Punk would not.

Aurgasm
11-04-2009, 01:11 AM
They are quite popular. They are not 50,000-60,000 tickets to a festival in the desert popular.

U2 would sell out quickly. Daft Punk would not.

U2 would sell out Coach quicker than Daft Punk? hmmm im not a huge fan of either group but I just see Daft Punk causing more of a stir these days.

if i hadnt saved for coach 2010 and i saw daft punk's name on that poster, i'd be a hell of a lot quicker to get tickets bc of a possible sell out. more so than U2..

pure instinct, no thought at all put into that

boarderwoozel3
11-04-2009, 01:21 AM
In all fairness, U2 have been selling out the largest stadiums in the world on every tour stop for who knows how long. Based solely on popularity, they're kind of the biggest band in the world. There would be a shit ton of fans outside of Coachella's 'usual demographic' who would pull a 'zomg U2! We must go.' Conversely, I'd argue that Daft Punk is a much bigger deal within the core of people who are already attending Coachella regularly. :2c

WhyTheLongFace
11-04-2009, 01:22 AM
1 More Time!

ficklecycle
11-04-2009, 01:22 AM
In all fairness, U2 have been selling out the largest stadiums in the world on every tour stop for who knows how long. Based solely on popularity, they're kind of the biggest band in the world. There would be a shit ton of fans outside of Coachella's 'usual demographic' who would pull a 'zomg U2! We must go.' Conversely, Daft Punk is a much bigger deal within the core of people who are already attending Coachella regularly. :2c

Right on the money.

dorkfish
11-04-2009, 02:11 AM
In all fairness, U2 have been selling out the largest stadiums in the world on every tour stop for who knows how long. Based solely on popularity, they're kind of the biggest band in the world. There would be a shit ton of fans outside of Coachella's 'usual demographic' who would pull a 'zomg U2! We must go.' Conversely, I'd argue that Daft Punk is a much bigger deal within the core of people who are already attending Coachella regularly. :2c
I would wager, and we'll never get these stats so this is entirely a moot point, that the core of people who will attend Coachella regardless (i.e. the "regulars"/"faithful") does not exceed 50% of the ticket sales on any given year.

I would also agree that Daft Punk audience probably overlaps with the "regulars"/"faithful" exceedingly well, but I don't think that the audience which doesn't overlap is large enough and willing to travel to the desert to cause the predicted quick sellout.

crazzz2007
11-04-2009, 02:17 AM
who in their right mind would argue that daft punk would sell out coachella faster than u2 would sell out coachella? this is getting ridiculous. this board on average gets stupider each year.

captncrzy
11-04-2009, 07:15 AM
You mean The Daft Punk?

suprefan
11-04-2009, 07:31 AM
yes THE Daft Punk

c

weeklymix
11-04-2009, 07:41 AM
NickyRudy get in here we need a realistic prediction

gaypalmsprings
11-04-2009, 07:43 AM
http://20.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kq3b9likDk1qzz2ngo1_500.jpg

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 07:53 AM
U2 would sell out Coach quicker than Daft Punk? hmmm im not a huge fan of either group but I just see Daft Punk causing more of a stir these days.

if i hadnt saved for coach 2010 and i saw daft punk's name on that poster, i'd be a hell of a lot quicker to get tickets bc of a possible sell out. more so than U2..

pure instinct, no thought at all put into that

im not saying that daft punk wouldn't be one of my favorite headliners, im just saying that they wouldn't sell out coachella faster than, oh i dunno, Paul McCartney?

Distorted_Jungle
11-04-2009, 07:56 AM

I think it was the Rosebowl, but i know they just played a show not too long ago in LA and were the first group to ever sell out the stadium they played in. I think they would make it sell out faster than daft punk, Daft Punks show at the Sports Arena didn't even sell out that quick.

Aurgasm
11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Good explanations, all of them.

I do think Daft would attract a much wider international audience. Can I get an Amen on that?

captncrzy
11-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I think it was the Rosebowl, but i know they just played a show not too long ago in LA and were the first group to ever sell out the stadium they played in. I think they would make it sell out faster than daft punk, Daft Punks show at the Sports Arena didn't even sell out that quick.

Not sure if you are saying that U2 is the first music group to ever sell out the Rose Bowl, but if you are-that's not true. Try Depeche Mode in 1988.

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I do think Daft would attract a much wider international audience. Can I get an Amen on that?

thats something everybody can agree on! (oh, and amen)

betao
11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Daft Punk would not sell out Coachella faster than the following acts:

Led Zeppellin
Pink Floyd (if this was the name on the poster and lets say its just Roger with Gilmoure)
Radiohead
U2

I could probably think of some others too. But if you seriously think DP would sell out coachella faster than one of the above listed acts, then you are dangerously retarded.

doesn't RATM in 07 hold the record for fastest sell out ever at Chella? Daft probably wouldn't even beat that.

liquidsnake28
11-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Probably? They would never even have a chance in hell of beating that. I doubt coachella will ever sell out faster than sunday 07. Some of you people are so delusional about DP that it's sad.

MOST PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT DAFT PUNK!

Distorted_Jungle
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Not sure if you are saying that U2 is the first music group to ever sell out the Rose Bowl, but if you are-that's not true. Try Depeche Mode in 1988.

That's what i read in some article, guess it was false information, but either way them only being the 2nd people to ever do it is pretty crazy and shows that they would sell it out quicker.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-04-2009, 10:52 AM

and there's even a great movie about it!

http://imgh.unilibro.it/Cop_Usati/7494_ICMHDKPGGATGSY.jpg

cormaic
11-04-2009, 10:58 AM
How fast was that rage sell out anyways? We were in line as soon as tickets went on sale and by the time we got to the register, which had to only have taken five minutes or so, it was done.

Granted, the fucking moron in front of us couldn't spell out coachella nor pronounce it properly so I have no doubt his tickets immediately went on ebay - prick.

Aurgasm
11-04-2009, 11:06 AM
dangerously retarded?

bringing up pink floyd and led zepplin is dangerously retarded.

betao
11-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I know they would probably never play Coachella. But the point I was trying to make was that if they did, it'd sell out much much faster than DP could ever pull it off.

menikmati
11-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Daft Punk fans are retarded. This board proves it every day.

Aurgasm
11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
I know they would probably never play Coachella. But the point I was trying to make was that if they did, it'd sell out much much faster than DP could ever pull it off.

Well no fucking shit.

but if DP played and didnt announce other shows.. the entire western hemisphere would come to coachella.. those with the $ anyway.

they are huge in latin america and every teeny bopper and their mother knows of daft punk.

I wouldnt say this 7 years ago.

Aurgasm
11-04-2009, 11:24 AM

Who exactly are you talking about? Stop being vague and start pointing fingers

Daft Fro
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd just like to say, despite my user name, I hardly mention DP. You'll usually just find me advocating for 808 State, Lemon Jelly, and other misc. overlooked electronica.

I went to my 1st Coachella in 2006. Simply for Daft Punk & Massive Attack. It was one of the most rewarding musical treks I've had.

Am I retarded menik?

I can understand being tired of the saturating demand for DP, but seriously, what do you now expect after their last 5 years of exposure? People have discovered DP through different means now (ie Kanye/Justice/Disney/DJ Hero/Grammys), so obviously the fanbase isn't exactly post-disco, acid house heads anymore.

Generalizing is still needless.

Personally, If DP were to tour again, I'd like it to be after they put out another LP, after the Tron2 OST. Chop up their discography again (maybe even add Le Knight Club/solo Bangalter tracks). I, among many others, thought Human After All was average at best when it came out. But the dissection of the songs for Alive 06-07 is what really made the show come alive.

Leeartlee
11-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Lemon Jelly > Daft Punk

truths
11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I listened to Daft Punk in fucking elementary school. BOOYAH!

betao
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Lemon Jelly > Daft Punk

this.

Monklish
11-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Daft Punk will be there, but not because Kitt Kat said so.

Because MONKLISH says so.

superfiction
11-04-2009, 01:04 PM
this.

the.

daftsquirrel
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
First -

This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen

Second-

Lemon Jelly > Daft Punk
I love Lemon Jelly....but there is no way they are better than Daft Punk

Lurker_in_a_tree
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I listen to Lemon Jelly a lot more than Daft Punk, but for fucks sake you sound like a total retard with "this" posts.

As does everyone else.

Monklish
11-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Excuse me, dickheads, but Monklish hath spoken.

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
1 More Time!
We're gonna celebrate! Oh yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing!

Who exactly are you talking about? Stop being vague and start pointing fingers
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/daftbevie-1.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/Half-foldCard1-4.jpg

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I listen to Lemon Jelly a lot more than Daft Punk, but for fucks sake you sound like a total retard with "this" posts.

As does everyone else.

well you have to put something there or else it wont let you post. "this" is just away to quote someone in agreement and fulfill the 3 character requirement to post. dont make such a fuss over something so petty.

liquidsnake28
11-04-2009, 05:25 PM
This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen

Sorry but it's true. The point is there's so many bands that could sell out Coachella faster than Daft Punk. U2, for example, is a band most people have a pretty strong opinion about either way, "they suck" or "they're awesome" etc. When you ask most normal people what they think of Daft Punk they say, "Eh, they're alright I guess" because they simply don't care that much about two french guys making mediocre electronic music with a cool light show. It's just that not important to them.

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry but it's true. The point is there's so many bands that could sell out Coachella faster than Daft Punk. U2, for example, is a band most people have a pretty strong opinion about either way, "they suck" or "they're awesome" etc. When you ask most normal people what they think of Daft Punk they say, "Eh, they're alright I guess" because they simply don't care that much about two french guys making mediocre electronic music with a cool light show. It's just that not important to them.

that comment had nothing to do with whether or not daft punk would sell out coachella faster and everything to do with your pretty weak comment that most people dont give a flying fuck about daft punk. if thats your opinion than cool but don't expect not to get flamed for it, at least on these boards anyways.

"most" is a relative term anyways. most human beings on the planet probably dont give a rats ass about U2. the same is true for daft punk. sure U2 is WAYY bigger than daft punk. but theyve also been around since the 70s and are from completely different genres. so relative to U2 daft punk may seem insignificant, but i assure you there is an abundance of people (especially younger folk) that are quite fond of them. you not liking daft punk is a lot different than people not caring about them

PJandBompton
11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
that comment had nothing to do with whether or not daft punk would sell out coachella faster and everything to do with your pretty weak comment that most people dont give a flying fuck about daft punk. if thats your opinion than cool but don't expect not to get flamed for it, at least on these boards anyways.

"most" is a relative term anyways. most human beings on the planet probably dont give a rats ass about U2. the same is true for daft punk. sure U2 is WAYY bigger than daft punk. but theyve also been around since the 70s and are from completely different genres. so relative to U2 daft punk may seem insignificant, but i assure you there is an abundance of people (especially younger folk) that are quite fond of them. you not liking daft punk is a lot different than people not caring about them

it really doesn't matter what genre they are from...

U2 just sold out the Rose Bowl and is gonna sell out two nights at Angel Stadium. Daft Punk would never come close to doing that. end of story.

sometimes it seems like people argue just for the sake of arguing. personally, who would i rather see at Coachella? DAFT PUNK. Who is bigger? U2.

liquidsnake28
11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Outkast is one that might actually happen and would definitely sell it out so much faster than Daft Punk.

CalmerThanYou
11-04-2009, 06:08 PM
These kind of things don't sell out anymore, period.

liquidsnake28
11-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I stand by my point that DP fans on this board are completely delusional about their popularity outside of this board.

I like Daft Punk for the record. Mediocre albums, lots of fun live. I really enjoyed their set at Vegoose.

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 06:14 PM
U2 just sold out the Rose Bowl and is gonna sell out two nights at Angel Stadium. Daft Punk would never come close to doing that. end of story.

sometimes it seems like people argue just for the sake of arguing. personally, who would i rather see at Coachella? DAFT PUNK. Who is bigger? U2.

U2 is WAYY bigger than daft punk.

you do realize we just essentially said the same thing, right? my comment was directed at somebody saying that most people dont give a fuck about daft punk.

PJandBompton
11-04-2009, 06:22 PM
you do realize we just essentially said the same thing, right? my comment was directed at somebody saying that most people dont give a fuck about daft punk.

I saw it...my point was more towards others by using your points...

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I stand by my point that DP fans on this board are completely delusional about their popularity outside of this board.

generally when a group has as many grammy nominations as kylie minogue and madonna for best dance recording one can at least make the argument that daft punk is a reasonably well known dance act. yes, the OP saying that daft punk would sell out coachella faster than anyone is completely and utterly delusional. i think for the most part the rest of us are pretty spot on about their popularity. go to europe and see what they have to say about daft punk...

stinkbutt
11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
yeah liquid go to europe

Daft Punk rulez

gaypalmsprings
11-04-2009, 06:30 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qte_FTAxLbY/Sd88dlz43aI/AAAAAAAAHEk/ie6cYorQbB8/s400/obama-illuminati.jpg

unitedwesuck
11-04-2009, 06:43 PM
this thread SUCKS.

unitedwesuck
11-04-2009, 06:43 PM
just another oh lets play with our dildos and masks Daft Punk threads.

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 06:44 PM
this thread does suck

Monklish
11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Holy Christ, you two douchebags need to be killed.

HAMMERHEAD
11-04-2009, 06:49 PM
this thread just started off really bad and never really recovered

gaypalmsprings
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/ojmds2.jpg

unitedwesuck
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
that really made it bad

frazzles
11-04-2009, 06:54 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1320/aya2z.jpg

ficklecycle
11-04-2009, 06:56 PM
THATS MORE LIKE IT

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Probably? They would never even have a chance in hell of beating that. I doubt coachella will ever sell out faster than sunday 07. Some of you people are so delusional about DP that it's sad.

While I admit to being a Daft Punk "Retard," no, the robots would not sell out Coachella...atleast not on their own. In all the Coachellas I've been to, no specific group or act has sold the place out themselves. Sure, 2007 was a sellout, but it wasn't because of RATM...It was because Coachella offered the right combo that year. Would U2 sell it out? Considering U2 has a larger demographic to it's audience, it might help for a sellout, but you're certainly not gonna find the Sahara Tent empty because of U2.

And, seriously...2007 was a pain in the ass to manuever around in 2007 because of the sellout.When they played, we weren't in a tent nor in front of the main stage...we were already planning on our escape from the venue because of crowd size!

As for your comment on asking normal people about Daft Punk? Define normal for me liquidsnake, and I'll give you my opinion. Until then, I don't expect anybody to understand a thing about robots until they've witnessed them themselves.

Bud Luster
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I think this is smelliest turd of a thread I've seen in a long while.

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 07:29 PM
just another oh lets play with our dildos and masks Daft Punk threads.
You, my friend may have just opened new horizons in my retardation!

Go ahead....Tell me to go fuck myself!

gaypalmsprings
11-04-2009, 07:33 PM
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/221/camelmm3.jpg

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1320/aya2z.jpg

THATS MORE LIKE IT
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say 12 year olds with Farrah hair make me think of Daft Punk, but to each his own nut, I guess.

unitedwesuck
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
hi brokendoll, nice to see you :)

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Holy shit! And to think all this time I thought you'd only find camels in a desert! Who would have thought Canada had camels?

frazzles
11-04-2009, 08:02 PM
12x2, actually, BD. Don't be too upset that we all can't be leatherfaced. Or to be more blunt, don't be fucking stupid.

Since this thread still sucks:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7361/khyb.jpg

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 08:06 PM
12x2, actually, BD. Don't be too upset that we all can't be leatherfaced. Or to be more blunt, don't be fucking stupid.

Since this thread still sucks:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7361/khyb.jpg
The only thing I'm upset about is the fact that when your day comes, I may not be able to be here to laugh at it!

frazzles
11-04-2009, 08:08 PM
lol no one will cuz the world ends in 2012

m i rite flks

emtgreg
11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
http://www.celebgossipz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sasha-grey-rolling-stone.jpg

BROKENDOLL
11-04-2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.celebgossipz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sasha-grey-rolling-stone.jpg
"When life hands you too many egg rolls..."

betao
11-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Sure, 2007 was a sellout, but it wasn't because of RATM...It was because Coachella offered the right combo that year.

Bev, I disagree. It was because it was announced as RATM's only show. People/scalpers ate it up. It had very little to do with the other acts or pricing.

shakur
11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/221/camelmm3.jpg

Camel toe!!

Oh and I don't think Daft Punk could sell out ALL of Coachella, quite a few tickets though. Hopefully they will be returning one of these years!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-04-2009, 10:55 PM
http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/mrgayinternational2006_1.jpg

emtgreg
11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
I feel that for accuracy, that sash should be titled "Mr Twink International"

MantisMel
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv105/Melermanie/daft1.jpg

Will Daft Punk for FREE!!!

TommyboyUNM
11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Sure, 2007 was a sellout, but it wasn't because of RATM...It was because Coachella offered the right combo that year.

What on Earth do you mean by this? Didn't Sunday sell out faster than any other day that year? I'm not even sure if the other days sold out. They might have. I know I was able to get a 3-day pass a few weeks after they went on sale.

So Coachella found the right Sunday combination of what? Rage Against The Machine + Crowded House + The Kooks = Sellout? Or did the Manu Chao appearance get all the wet backs out in full force and cause a sellout?

Educate us.

Gribbz
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Happy Mondays was actually the reason Coachella sold out in 2007. Happy Mondays.

moomoo
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
more pics of my asian gfs are gratefully allowed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/l337moomoo/1210898496935.jpg

boarderwoozel3
11-04-2009, 11:25 PM
What on Earth do you mean by this? Didn't Sunday sell out faster than any other day that year? I'm not even sure if the other days sold out. They might have. I know I was able to get a 3-day pass a few weeks after they went on sale.

I recall being online at 10am to see Sunday sell out in about 5-10 minutes and Saturday not too long after. Sort of freaked out and snagged two 3-days for a friend and myself. Good stuff though, it added to the excitement of the Rage set.

Happy Mondays was actually the reason Coachella sold out in 2007. Happy Mondays.
Lilly Allen's US festival debut, surely.

P.S. Daaafffttt PuunnnkkkkkkkkKkk

MantisMel
11-04-2009, 11:28 PM
"Asian fetish" thread just moved into the "Daft Punk 2010"!!!

TommyboyUNM
11-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I recall being online at 10am to see Sunday sell out in about 5-10 minutes and Saturday not too long after. Sort of freaked out and snagged two 3-days for a friend and myself. Good stuff though, it added to the excitement of the Rage set.

You mean it added to the excitement of the Junior Boys set, right?

This is a fun game. Let's name more mid to lower-level acts from Coachella 2007.

P.S. - Daft Punk creates mediocre music.

MantisMel
11-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I guess you win "King of the Mediocre Post in the mediocre Thread" award!:thu

rage patton
11-04-2009, 11:42 PM
3 Day passes sold a day or two short of 3 weeks after tickets went on sale in 2007.

boarderwoozel3
11-04-2009, 11:52 PM
You mean it added to the excitement of the Junior Boys set, right?
Yay!

This is a fun game. Let's name more mid to lower-level acts from Coachella 2007.
Yayyyy!

Awwww.

(That's a fairly accurate representation of my reaction upon reading each section of your post.)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-05-2009, 01:13 AM

http://www.tittyblog.com/titties/big-asian-boobs.jpg

DFrank
11-05-2009, 02:56 AM
I fully support the asian gfs pictures takeover of this thread.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-05-2009, 05:47 AM
http://www.tittyblog.com/titties/big-asian-boobs.jpg

So unnatural. I am loving the IMG URL on this one.

TommyboyUNM
11-05-2009, 07:26 AM
I guess you win "King of the Mediocre Post in the mediocre Thread" award!:thu

Hey Mel, it's Tom. How'z it goin? What's your favorite Daft Punk album? Remember when they broke out the pyramid?

:dumbo :dumbo

suprefan
11-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey look its Robert Palmer.

captncrzy
11-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Camel toe!!

Oh and I don't think Daft Punk could sell out ALL of Coachella, quite a few though. Hopefully they will be returning one of these years!

Hey, guess what? You really don't need to point out a camel toe to a bunch of 22 year old virgins.

BROKENDOLL
11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey, guess what? You really don't need to point out a camel toe to a bunch of 22 year old virgins.
But, capt, that camel is fromCanada! How often do you see that?

BROKENDOLL
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/l337moomoo/1210898496935.jpg
While your Asian GF is cute, I think she has her underwear on wrong...*snicker*

Back to Daft...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/Poster2-11.jpg

BROKENDOLL
11-05-2009, 11:09 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/daftbitch-1.jpg

ficklecycle
11-05-2009, 05:23 PM
So unnatural. I am loving the IMG URL on this one.

Can't go wrong with BIG-ASIAN-BOOBS.jpg

oceansc420
11-05-2009, 07:15 PM

Let me guess, you've never seen Daft Punk on MDMA.

That's like seeing Bob Marley sober :)

unitedwesuck
11-05-2009, 08:05 PM
but Bob Marley is dead

bullokz
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM

QFT

/thread

No Daft Punk at Coachella please.

MantisMel
11-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey Mel, it's Tom. How'z it goin? What's your favorite Daft Punk album? Remember when they broke out the pyramid?

:dumbo :dumbo

Hey Tom, it's Mel. I have their discography and it's kind'a hard to chose. I really like Discovery cuz it's such an awesome mix of french electro and funk; Human After All is kind of too electro for my taste. So, I'd have to say Homework. I'm a sucker for house music and that's what it is. A perfect array of house overtones.

BTW I do remember the Pyramid!! I got lucky enough to get into the tent that Coachella despite getting there after Depeche Mode ended. Awesomest Awesome day that ever Awesomed!!!

TommyboyUNM
11-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey Tom, it's Mel. I have their discography and it's kind'a hard to chose. I really like Discovery cuz it's such an awesome mix of french electro and funk; Human After All is kind of too electro for my taste. So, I'd have to say Homework. I'm a sucker for house music and that's what it is. A perfect array of house overtones.

BTW I do remember the Pyramid!! I got lucky enough to get into the tent that Coachella despite getting there after Depeche Mode ended. Awesomest Awesome day that ever Awesomed!!!

Mel! I think Homework is my favorite Daft Punk album as well. I enjoy the song "Da Funk." House music FTW, amirite?

I once saw the pyramid in Las Vegas, Nevada. Do you remember the Vegoose Music Festival? That was where it happened. When they dropped the curtain I was like "ZOMG WTF!" Then they did "Robot Rock" and I was all "Yeeeahh!" Cool story, huh? Anyway, keep in touch.

Regards,

Tom

P.S. - I don't live on the internet. I just got home from doing some real busy things here in Albuquerque. Kbye.

MantisMel
11-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I wanted to go to Vegoose but I drank my ticket. It's quite stupid considering I get booze for free around these parts since I'm a bartender and all.

Your story was cool tho. Probably cooler then mine.

PS... Albuquerque is a fast city so I don't blame you. LA is such a sleepy town you wouldn't believe what we do here for fun!

Heart Shape,
Mel

TommyboyUNM
11-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Being a bartender sounds pretty cool. I bet you meet a lot of cool people. Sorry to hear about you drinking your Vegoose ticket away. That's not cool.

I went to LA last month to see Thom Yorke. He's the lead singer of Radiohead. I like them a lot, but I wish they incorporated more house music into their songs. I like house music. Anyway, LA is a sleepy town. You're right. I ended up in the jewelry district and had a carne asada burrito. It was pretty good. Albuquerque has good burritos.

Have you ever been to Venice Beach? Lots of funny people there LOLZ!! I saw people partaking in roller disco and listened to a nice young gentleman's rap demo. I wish Daft Punk would play Venice Beach.

xo,

Tom

emtgreg
11-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Tommy and Mel bring me joy.

Monklish
11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Mel's a dumb whore for liking Daft Punk that much, and Tommy's a stupid *** for not liking them more. Yeah.

MantisMel
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Awwww!!! I still have those gay blood stains on my couch. Remember that time you crashed and you broke that wine glass on my patio and were being gay for trying to pick up after your gay mess! BIG hug!!! It's one BIG GAY ORGY in here!!!

Monklish
11-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Hahahahahaha, oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the blood on your couch. I take back the whore comment and most of the dumb.

Seriously though, you can't say something like "I like house music" without arousing the sleeping Monklish.

Monklish
11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
That being said, if there was a club where they had a perfect recreation of the pyramid one night a week, I'd fucking be there every week. Daft in 2010's fine by me.

MantisMel
11-05-2009, 10:21 PM
QFT! Key word aroused. Aforementioned Gay Orgy!

TommyboyUNM
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey Melanie, who do you think is the top and the bottom in the relationship? I always thought Thomas Bangalter was the top and Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo was the bottom. But sometimes I don't know. Whenever I listen to the song "Steam Machine" I feel like it could be the other way around.

boarderwoozel3
11-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Which one is taller?

TommyboyUNM
11-05-2009, 10:36 PM
The one on the right looks taller. Which one is that?

BROKENDOLL
11-05-2009, 10:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YLr-fTukq9w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YLr-fTukq9w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BROKENDOLL
11-05-2009, 10:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vc2-vcV6n3Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vc2-vcV6n3Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

paulthomasanderson
01-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Confirmedz. No really. This film needs to come out already because I'll be sick of waiting by summertime.