PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bonnaroo 2010 Coachella Board thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Jay-Z. Kings of Leon. Dave Matthews Band. Stevie Wonder. Chromeo and Hall & Oats Late Night.

Do you know any of this for sure or are you just guessing?

The late nights last year would have been better if they picked the right bands. Animal Collective, Of Montreal, Santigold, etc

Has anyone seen what Monklish has to say about bonnaroo? I know she's usually wrong but I'm just curious.

The superjam with Reznor was supposed to happen, but it didn't, right?

faxman75
02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
They had confirmed the Superjam was happening (I emailed them) but I never saw it. The only thing I heard of was way early Sunday morning (5-6 am) it was Trent Rexnor, Warren Haynes, Grace Potter, and some other person in one of the tents

I remember hearing this but I don't remember ever reading a single review or story about this happening. It should be documented somewhere, right?

I see nothing about this ever occurring. I'm doubting it was even true.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Couldn't they use the power of technology and send out a mass text about the superjam to Bonnaroo attendees an hour before it happens? Or would that cause a stampede?

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
A superjam does not sound like the sort of thing that I would enjoy seeing.

Unless its more RnR Hall of Fame jam and less Space Trucking Choogly Doo all night long.

BlackSwan
02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Do you know any of this for sure or are you just guessing?

When I posted something like this last year I was 4 out of 5... I'm not guessing. I should be 100% right this year.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 09:03 AM
MP = MissingPerson = Gemma from Ireland
Gemma is almost always nice and very clever, HUGE Arcade Fire fan

also miscorrections = Corinna from USA
Corinna is almost always sassy (or even outright mean) and clever

I like them both

Yes I know I am the buzzkill here.

you are strange.

Phoenix was incredible late night as was NIN but I also heard MGMT was too.

Phoenix and MGMT in the same sentence as NIN? :nono

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 09:10 AM
When I posted something like this last year I was 4 out of 5... I'm not guessing. I should be 100% right this year.

I remember you being 1 for 2. Right about NIN, wrong about Jay-Z. I'm not doubting you though, maybe I forgot about the other ones you mentioned. The first four have already been discussed to death, chromeo sucks and hall and oates is a very nice surprise.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Nine Inch Nails is superjam with Trent Reznor.

Superjam 07 will never be topped.

Snoop should've been late night as well, along with Erykah and Marvin back to back.

Amy puts the zzz in buzzzkill, I don't get it, maybe she's trying to fill in for Tommy.

Mr. Fuzz
02-05-2010, 09:16 AM
where's the lineup?

BlackSwan
02-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I remember you being 1 for 2. Right about NIN, wrong about Jay-Z. I'm not doubting you though, maybe I forgot about the other ones you mentioned. The first four have already been discussed to death, chromeo sucks and hall and oates is a very nice surprise.

4 out of 5...

So according to BlackSawn

Friday: Jay-Z(headliner), Phish(late night)
Saturdy: Bruce (headliner), NIN(late night)
Sunday: Phish

Correct?

I was a year early on Jay-Z... woops.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 09:30 AM
and that one miss cost you an h-jay.

softbulletin
02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
The superjam was supposed to be David Byrne, Grace Potter, and Katzenjammer from what I heard, no Reznor. But by the time the scheduled set on Sunday came around it wasn't ready.

apostle2
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
A superjam does not sound like the sort of thing that I would enjoy seeing.

Unless its more RnR Hall of Fame jam and less Space Trucking Choogly Doo all night long.

2007 was all Led Zeppelin songs and 2008 was all Tom Waits. Superjam isn't as grossly jammy as you might think...

BlackSwan
02-05-2010, 09:40 AM
and that one miss cost you an h-jay.

Will an LCD Soundsystem Late Night get me one this year?

ED GEIN
02-05-2010, 09:42 AM
The superjam was supposed to be David Byrne, Grace Potter, and Katzenjammer from what I heard, no Reznor. But by the time the scheduled set on Sunday came around it wasn't ready.

Yeah I remeber reading that as well. Not sure if there was any truth to it or not as superjam wasn't even printed on the schedule they hand out.

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Swan, no Neil Young??

Superjam 07 will never be topped.

Anything with Ben Harper involved can always be topped. Actually I think 05's was musically better with ?uestlove, Herbie Hancock, and I forget who else. In 07 it was just so cool seeing the dream rhythm section of ?uestlove and Jonh Paul Jones.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Looks like no Neil the deal sealer for you, hippie.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Could Bonnaroo for once get a decent dance act?

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 10:00 AM
^there was the epic Sasha & Digweed set years back..i cant remember there ever being any other 'decent dance acts'

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Oh, I didn't know about Sasha & Digweed.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
'07 i believe. had to be at least 5 or 6 hours long.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 10:08 AM
you are strange.

Phoenix and MGMT in the same sentence as NIN? :nono

Does this mean Bonnaroo is a nono since they had all three playing late night sets? I don't get it. Move along. ;)

canexplain
02-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Looks like no Neil the deal sealer for you, hippie.

Where did you see any info on that Dylan. Can you post a link or something? cr*****

faxman75
02-05-2010, 10:13 AM
This thread is hard to keep up with. Ron, I think they are just guessing no Neil because he wasn't in Swan's prediction? maybe?

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Does this mean Bonnaroo is a nono since they had all three playing late night sets? I don't get it. Move along. ;)

Huh? You don't get it.

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Ha, like I really need a deal sealer to get me to bonnaroo. I could hate all of the headliners and still have no problem going, especially now that Rothbury is out.

canexplain
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
This thread is hard to keep up with. Ron, I think they are just guessing no Neil because he wasn't in Swan's prediction? maybe?

OH , OK. Yea I looked where I would normally look and didn't see anything .... cr*****

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 10:26 AM
LCD late night would be so great. I'm really glad Pitchfork got them.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Huh? You don't get it.
I'm sure we can all agree that NIN is in a different category of late night sets -- but faxy was just saying all 3 sets (nin, phx, mgmt) were great. Get over yourself.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm sure we can all agree that NIN is in a different category of late night sets -- but faxy was just saying all 3 sets (nin, phx, mgmt) were great. Get over yourself.

Wtf are you talking about, woman?

Im glad you had fun with phoenix and mgmt. Im not saying anything bad about them. It was just odd to see the three bands in the same sentence. And I wasnt aware NIN played late at night... i didnt know they deviated from the NINJA sundown performance.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I knew exactly what you were saying buddy. No worries. You were just pointing out that one band was obviously light years better than the other two, which we all know. Thanks.

FWIW I did not see the MGMT show.

NIN did play late night. It was beautiful. They played for over 2 hours. Longer than any set on the NINJA tour. I think they started around 1am or so and wrapped things up around 3:15am.

Un-4-get-a-bull

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Can we all agree that we understood what forza was saying here? Jesus.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
yea i should refrain from stating the obvious.

back to the NIN performance. Is the full concert available on video ? youtube doesnt cut it

kreutz2112
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
'07 i believe. had to be at least 5 or 6 hours long.

It was almost 4 hours long. There's a decent bootleg floating around.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Can we all agree that we understood what forza was saying here? Jesus.

I had no idea Aurgasm was Forza. I wondered if Forza had left the board.

Yes, we all agree :)

faxman75
02-05-2010, 12:03 PM
yea i should refrain from stating the obvious.

back to the NIN performance. Is the full concert available on video ? youtube doesnt cut it

I don't know of the full concert anywhere. Youtube's are all I have seen.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 12:10 PM
More n00b questions.

Everyone thats been to Glasto says that you'd have a blast there even if you didnt see a single band.

Is Roo like that? Even on some levels?

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes, there's plenty to do. I'd probably have a great time for about a week or so at roo without the music. There's much more to do besides music than at coachella but from what I've seen and heard about Glasto, yeah nothing seems to come close to that.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Amyzzz gottabe ragging.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
nope. caffeine.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Well then remove one g.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
nope. caffeine.

FNM!? Late night. I hope they play it.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 12:21 PM
More n00b questions.

Everyone thats been to Glasto says that you'd have a blast there even if you didnt see a single band.

That is certainly true of Glasto. There are so many people from all over the world in attendance and there is a kind of mystical aura to the area that makes it unique.

Roo... the opposite. sure there are foreigners but its mostly large crews of college kids, rednecks of all kinds and neo-hippies. i guess thats all festivals but this one in particular has a kind of redneck feel.

both festivals are equally dirty. although watching people dance around under the filthy mushroom shower thing at roo is more disturbing than watching drunk naked danish chicks mud wrestle at glasto.

but to answer your question... yea you'll have a blast. There are a lot of things to check out at roo.. presentations, little shops, the brooers tent.. There's basically a bordello of stimuli everywhere you go.

scoop49er
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Amyzzz gottabe ragging.

when isnt she??

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm so glad I didn't try the mushroom fountain. lolz.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
^thats what she said

faxman75
02-05-2010, 12:52 PM
drip drip drip

Alligator Bogaloo
02-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Cos added Blues Traveler... Boo! Hiss!

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Blues Traveler? thats not so bad...

Alligator Bogaloo
02-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Bad enough...

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
^thats what she said
I was waiting for this.

canexplain
02-05-2010, 01:03 PM
That is certainly true of Glasto. There are so many people from all over the world in attendance and there is a kind of mystical aura to the area that makes it unique.

Roo... the opposite. sure there are foreigners but its mostly large crews of college kids, rednecks of all kinds and neo-hippies. i guess thats all festivals but this one in particular has a kind of redneck feel.

both festivals are equally dirty. although watching people dance around under the filthy mushroom shower thing at roo is more disturbing than watching drunk naked danish chicks mud wrestle at glasto.

but to answer your question... yea you'll have a blast. There are a lot of things to check out at roo.. presentations, little shops, the brooers tent.. There's basically a bordello of stimuli everywhere you go.

Sometimes I think that is a bit of hype about going to a festival and never seeing even one band (unless you are working of course). Sure you could actually stay at your camp for 3 days, be friendly so people would stop by, and have a good time at the festival. Would you actually do that though? I don’t think so. So yes you could go to Glasgow or bonnaroo and never see a band, but that would be somewhat stupid. Glasgow around 1100 acres, bonnaroo 700 acres, Woodstock 69 600 acres. Yes there is a lot of room and a lot to do but in my mind 90% of it is music related. Cr****

Hey Amy, I saw The Band once (I think if was you that said you wanted to see them, maybe not)

Aurgasm
Bad enough...

not bad enough to make me boo or hiss

I was waiting for this.

I knew you were. I'm glad i could supply it.

faxman75
Bad enough...

Bad as it gets.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Bad as it gets.

Dave Matthews headlining...

faxman75
02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
As far as going to festivals without seeing any bands. I don't need to go to Europ to see a carnival.

I'm gonna be pretty jealous when I hear all the stories when people come back this year anyway. Unless I change my mind yet again last minute. I have given myself a Tuesday night Wednesday morning deadline to decide.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh Im not saying I dont want to see bands.
Thats the main goal.
Im just gauging atmosphere.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Amy, I saw The Band once (I think if was you that said you wanted to see them, maybe not)
wasn't me, Ron. I like ELO.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Thats the main goal.

Its a great atmosphere.

There are a lot of sketchy folks at bonarroo though. I've seen some tweekers, saw a guy die during tool, stories of thievery... typical festival shit for the most part.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
You saw The Band?

Like Last Waltz lineup The Band?

Fucking ace!

I too enjoy ELO. I will now queue up "Wild West Hero" in me iToonz

canexplain
02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Thats the main goal.

Yea I know. It's just you read in some posts "I heard you could go to the fest and never even see a band", well yea I guess.

Oh Amy, ELO was the first concert I took my ex to. Actually it was about 20 minutes from Bonnaroo .... cr*****

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I saw Blues Traveler at The Blues and Brews Festival (which I'd like to meet Chimi at this year) and they were surprisingly solid. It may or may not have had to do with me being underage with a VIP pass and unlimited booze.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Didnt Popper get the stomach surgery and is all floppy and scrawny now?

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Yea I know. It's just you read in some posts "I heard you could go to the fest and never even see a band", well yea I guess.

Oh Amy, ELO was the first concert I took my ex to. Actually it was about 20 minutes from Bonnaroo .... cr*****
The spaceship one, Ron? You've mentioned this before. :) My kids go absolutely nuts for ELO.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 01:20 PM

thats what i heard.

Boourns
02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
More n00b questions.

I haven't been to the Roo, so I can't really say. It does seem like there is a lot more to do there besides watch bands compared to other fests, but I haven't seen anything (in reports, pictures, etc) on the same level of craziness as Glasto.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I haven't seen anything (in reports, pictures, etc) on the same level of craziness as Glasto.

Glasto is much crazier than 'roo.

roo= hippie rednecks and college kids from red states

glast= drunken/bizarre people from all over the world

faxman75
02-05-2010, 01:29 PM

I think he had that done like a decade ago. He's also crazy and loves guns from what I recall. I remember some nutso story about him with cops and guns or something. I don't care enough to look it up though.

canexplain
02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
The spaceship one, Ron? You've mentioned this before. :) My kids go absolutely nuts for ELO.

Yea, when they did the show they had a spaceship like on the cover of the LP and of course they came out of it at the beginning of the show. Not quite as good of Bowies entrance as Ziggy but it was pretty cool. cr*****

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
roo= hippie rednecks and college kids from red states

Even though it's in a red state, I bet there's just as many people from blue states there. Tons of people from NYC, Vermont, etc.

Bad enough...

Bad as it gets.

Blues Traveler is as bad as it gets? You've obviously never seen them live. They're actually pretty awesome.

As for the story with the cops, oh man it's a good one! I don't have a link so you can just google it but basically he was driving through a desert highway in new mexico I think it was, late night/early in the morning at like 120mph with no headlights on. He was night vision goggles on instead. When they finally pulled him over they found lots of automatic guns and a some drugs on him. He also had a high powered megaphone with a siren. He claimed that he wanted to be prepared in case of a natural disaster. haha I remember on the news they showed everything he had in his car spread out on a table. It looked like the guy was ready to go to war.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Blues Traveler is as bad as it gets? You've obviously never seen them live. They're actually pretty awesome.

They are all yours. I would rather go see another 25 ICP shows than watch that band.

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
John Popper is more gangsta than Shaggy 2 Dope, fo rlz, fo lyfe!!!!!

canexplain
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I can handle a bit of Blues T but only if popper doesn't drag out his harp which he always does. For a lot of bands, a little harp goes a long way.

there is so much going on in this partial sentence:

He took Jefferson with him, and OKeh quickly recorded and released Jefferson's "Matchbox Blues" backed with "Black Snake Moan," which was to be his only OKeh recording

cr*****

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
They are all yours. I would rather go see another 25 ICP shows than watch that band.

i wouldnt even joke about that.

i couldnt hang out with these dorks for 10 seconds

http://www.nrk.no/banden/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/juggalo1.jpg

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
i wouldnt even joke about that.

He's not even joking.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
He's not even joking.

Is Fax a Juggalo?

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Is Fax a Juggalo?

Would you have him any other way?

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
nope.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Would you have him any other way?

I think it'd be funny if he dressed like Zoro and spoke with a Spanish accent.. but I can cope with Juggalo Faxy.

sbessiso
02-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Hall & Oats Late Night.

holy shit

this could be intense

faxman75
02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Is Fax a Juggalo?

I've recovered from that period in my life. It was fun times. I never hung out with any of those people or made any juggalo friends but I did attend shows and once I painted my face up for a fantasty football draft and the name of my team was the wicked clownz and yes I spelled it with the z. I have a million stories like this too. I like to think i'm a better place musically these days. Thank you.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 06:57 PM
thats fucking hilarious

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 08:09 PM
thats fucking hilarious

you have no idea how hard i laughed when i first heard this

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Can anyone make any sense out of this?

From the roo board: "You do realize that everybody hates the Coachella board, right? Reading that board is like talking to a comedy fan who rants for 20 minutes about how awful Dane Cook is and then turns around and tries to tell you how awesome it would be to see Sinbad again..."

stinkbutt
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Haha I don't know what it means but it sure makes me think even less of that board

summerkid
02-05-2010, 08:30 PM
seems like they are taking a shot at the fact that Coachella has a tendency to have a few 80s bands on the lineup. Too bad those 80s bands are usually really great and influential so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 08:37 PM
You guys have no fucking clue, please join in. It's hilarious

http://bonnaroo.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=music&thread=19704&page=161

summerkid
02-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Now I'm even more confused...I don't understand why they have a problem with a few people on this board who like Yaz.

Aurgasm
02-06-2010, 01:02 AM
fucking rednecks

rskapcat
02-06-2010, 05:57 AM
I hate Dane Cook. I still think Sinbad was funny. I guess I'm the exact person to whom they are referring. Oh, the shame.

scoop49er
02-06-2010, 06:30 AM
their board honestly does a terrible job with info... i go there for info but honestly, we all do a better than they do!! and COS gets the jump on them all the time so i feel for them...

bdfsh
02-06-2010, 12:33 PM
yeah, i dont even bother with inforoo... i come to the coachella board for bonnaroo info... people here are more skeptical and dig deeper than any shit ive ever read over there..

bdfsh
02-06-2010, 12:33 PM
btw, the who is playing ;)

amyzzz
02-06-2010, 03:56 PM
The Who would tempt me.

softbulletin
02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Where the fuck did you hear the Who were playing?

Judging from their interview in Billboard the Super Bowl looks like a one off.

ED GEIN
02-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Where the fuck did you hear the Who were playing?

Judging from their interview in Billboard the Super Bowl looks like a one off.

sarcasm

softbulletin
02-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm so used to telling off idiots on inforoo that I can't tell the difference at this point, my bad.

suprefan
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
their board honestly does a terrible job with info... i go there for info but honestly, we all do a better than they do!! and COS gets the jump on them all the time so i feel for them...

Thats because COS takes it from here though.

getbetter
02-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Its a great atmosphere.

There are a lot of sketchy folks at bonarroo though. I've seen some tweekers, saw a guy die during tool, stories of thievery... typical festival shit for the most part.

how did this guy die at tool??

Mr. Dylanja
02-06-2010, 08:46 PM
he pissed maynard off which is a big :nono

heart cooks brain
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iU74f_T0UU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iU74f_T0UU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aurgasm
02-07-2010, 01:07 AM
how did this guy die at tool??

[/QUOTE]

the coroner reported massive heart failure. combo of booze and acid. terrible thing. the guy was trying to get to the med tent but lost his mind... he was about 220 pounds of white trash acid trip and he had his last breath right in front of me.. it was terrible

sin213
02-07-2010, 10:10 AM
did he shit himself? cause if he didn't, he wasn't quite dead...

faxman75
02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I have never heard of LSD + Alcohol causing heart failure. I thought alcohol helped take the edge of of acid lol.

canexplain
02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I have never heard of LSD + Alcohol causing heart failure. I thought alcohol helped take the edge of of acid lol.

Yea you don't die from LSD I don't think. You might die from something that happens while you are high of course. cr*****

”There's been possibly eight cases of overdose ever, and all of those are controversial at best,” Hill said, but added that he'd never heard of a dose as high as the one reportedly in Cotton's system. “Just about everything we know about LSD goes out the window because of how much he had on board.”

Toxicology tests done by Central Valley Toxicology in Fresno show Cotton had 10.6 nanograms of LSD per milliliter of blood in his system, 10 times what is considered potentially toxic and twice what is considered potentially fatal.

amyzzz
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
What a waste of acid.

Aurgasm
02-07-2010, 11:30 AM
well im not thinking he died because of acid. thats asinine. but acid sure does something to your immune system. I bet he was dehydrated and all kinds of messed up.

I too have been messed up at 'roo. Went to the hospital in Manchester and bribed the doctor to hook me up with an extra bag of saline solution. made it back to the farm for Sasha and Digweed and rocked out with the iv in and bag in hand. crazy year.

Blinken
02-07-2010, 11:48 AM
the coroner reported massive heart failure. combo of booze and acid. terrible thing. the guy was trying to get to the med tent but lost his mind... he was about 220 pounds of white trash acid trip and he had his last breath right in front of me.. it was terrible

Link please. according to everything I find no one died at the Tool set. One guy died at his campsite that Friday but that was the only death at Bonnaroo in 2007. He died at 11:20 am so it was no where near the time of Tool's set. On Inforoo they say this death was heat stroke, but I can't find anything to back up the heat stroke claim.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2007/06/death_reported_at_bonnaroo.html

Aurgasm
02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Link please, according to everything I can find no one died at the Tool set. One guy died at his campsite that Friday but that was the only death at Bonnaroo that year. He actually died at 11:20 am so it was no where near the time of Tool's set. On Inforoo they say this death was heat stroke, but I can't find anything to back up the heat stroke claim.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2007/06/death_reported_at_bonnaroo.html

im not going to go search for it. he was man in his 20's from somewhere in Kentucky. He got naked during the set and was apparently leaving.. as he was doing so he started falling onto people and stumbling back to his feet. Eventually he crashed into this tiny girl not far from me and completely sandwhiched her. They pulled the guy off of her and he sat their convulsing until the horses arrived.

edit: i did see an article somewhere discussing the birth to death ratio at bonnaroo.. apparently this happens with some frequency

Aurgasm
02-07-2010, 12:23 PM
anyhow. so no news over the last two days? i remember the 'roo lineup being generally well known before its announcement..

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Yeah nobody knows anything this year. At least we only have one more day to wait.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 06:33 AM
For all of you lovers of NIN's set last year I just came across this on inforoo.

New NIN Bonnaroo DVD on Demonoid, for those with an account (and, yeah, it's back, if you didn't know).... 2 video sources for this one, and it's at one seeder right now, but that's only because it's new and there are quite a few leechers to it. Does look really good though:

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Actually I did just find something that could be a good portion of the lineup. Supposedly every year whenever the artists bio are updated on the roo site that's an indication of who's playing with few exceptions. These artists all have recently updated bios.

Phoenix, Black Keys, Manchester Orchestra, Norah Jones, KoL, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Disco Biscuits, Avett Bros, Les Claypool, Regina Spektor, Calexico, DMB, ZBB, KoL, Blues Traveler

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 06:56 AM
I'll say it....

I would watch the fuck out of Norah's set. :D

guedita
02-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Huh...Aeroplane's myspace page says they'll be at Bonnaroo.

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Who is Aeroplane?

faxman75
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Actually I did just find something that could be a good portion of the lineup. Supposedly every year whenever the artists bio are updated on the roo site that's an indication of who's playing with few exceptions. These artists all have recently updated bios.

Phoenix, Black Keys, Manchester Orchestra, Norah Jones, KoL, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Disco Biscuits, Avett Bros, Les Claypool, Regina Spektor, Calexico, DMB, ZBB, KoL, Blues Traveler

This was the COS logic in their story from yesterday but Wilco, Al Green and Phish have also had their profiles updated form what I understand so that doesn't seem to mean anything.

I guess we'll see what happens.

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Wilco's was updated last year before the lineup came out and they were on it. You mean they updated it again?

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM

8^( all those bands are going to be in Denver within 5 months.. other than black keys; and they'll probably have a date here too. Fucking hippie town

Huh...Aeroplane's myspace page says they'll be at Bonnaroo.

Who is Aeroplane?

An Italian duo that puts out some cool psychadelic/ambient remixes. They aren't bad.

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Not one of those names I posted excites me. If we get all of those and Jay-Z, KOL, and DMB are really the top three and we don't get Neil (or something of his stature) then this will be a really dismal bonnaroo. Norah Jones would be the biggest waste of money.

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 08:53 AM
im hoping the lineup blows. save the money go to DEMF and maybe Pitchfork instead..

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 08:55 AM
my magic 8 ball confirmed that the lineup will indeed blow

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I already got my Pitchfork ticket. I saw the three headliners and St. Vincent, Lightning Bolt, Raekwon, that was enough right there.

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Typical Miami guy

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 09:01 AM
http://denseblogadvisory.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/miami-t-shirt.jpg

ZackQ
02-08-2010, 09:05 AM

Glad this is settled. Looks like it's Pitchfork over Roo.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 09:05 AM
So do we get any leaks at 10 tonight from the newspaper or is this all viral tomorrow on social networking sites starting at some random time?

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
On inforoo they were saying it starts at 10 am tomorrow.

All of this roo vs. pitchfork talk, what about apw? Anyone know if they're even going to have it this year?

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 09:24 AM
So do we get any leaks at 10 tonight from the newspaper or is this all viral tomorrow on social networking sites starting at some random time?
"a very special unveiling" who the fuck knows. hopefully the bands start leaking info

All of this roo vs. pitchfork talk, what about apw? Anyone know if they're even going to have it this year?

isnt APW in lat august?

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Glad this is settled. Looks like it's Pitchfork over Roo.

Im secretly hoping Lolla has a bitchin lineup again

liquidsnake28
02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
I didn't realize it was that late. I was just thinking of non-west coast summer festivals.

HandBanana
02-08-2010, 09:40 AM
I dunno. I was at the first Lolla (05) and last years and that fest has a way of smothering a good lineup with crappy environment and shitty vibe.

It's like a destination festival as Taste of (Insert City) event.

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 09:54 AM
I read people saying that over and over again but my Lolla experience last year was fucking perfect. I had a blast, the city is great, the aftershows are priceless and the park is beautiful. Their lineups always kick ass too

faxman75
02-08-2010, 09:56 AM
JUST GIVE US THE FUCKING LINEUP ALREADY!

At least with Coachella we get a poster and a day by day breakdown all at once. With Roo we are going to get a trickle of announcments and just wait for bands who want to have a fun goof and participate in this event despite not being part of it. Mass confusion will ensue. If a band that ISN'T playing Bonnaroo was smart they update their facebook status tomorrow morning to say they are for the attention and then give a haha just kidding by afternoon time.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I read people saying that over and over again but my Lolla experience last year was fucking perfect. I had a blast, the city is great, the aftershows are priceless and the park is beautiful. Their lineups always kick ass too

It's an easy fest for me to go to so I will probably do what I did last year. Purchase a ticket from someone for way cheap the week before and go one full day and stroll in around 6PM or so the other two days.

ZackQ
02-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I dunno. I was at the first Lolla (05) and last years and that fest has a way of smothering a good lineup with crappy environment and shitty vibe.

It's like a destination festival as Taste of (Insert City) event.

I agree with this. I'm from Chicago, so I the destination is even less exotic for me. I've never done Pitchfork, but I have friends who say the vibe there is better.

scoop49er
02-08-2010, 10:17 AM
its sad to say but the last 2 pages of this thread have nothing but pussy rants on how the roo will blow? then u wonder why the roo boardies hate you? its the same as when the roo boardies shit on coachella....

why be in this thread if you are not gonna go.. just get the fuck out and be done with it and move on to pitchfork or lolla... its all good. no one will think less of you... but for now alot of you read like fucking shitbags!!

im at the roo regardless so its all good!

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
shut up scooper with your bullshit Prince rumors

faxman75
02-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Get the fuck out of this thread then Scoop and head over to the Roo board. There you can embrace your Roo friends. People are in this thread because they have gone, will go again in the future, are deciding whether or not they are going or just have a general interest in the lineup. It's not that hard.

Nobody gives a fuck why some Roo boardies hate the Coachella board. We all made it past puberty. Christ.

clecirclecir
02-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I agree with this. I'm from Chicago, so I the destination is even less exotic for me. I've never done Pitchfork, but I have friends who say the vibe there is better.

i went to pitchfork in 07. it had a great vibe but the 3rd stage was right by a busy road which was really annoying...especially when quiet bands like Brightblack were playing. my firend from chicago snuck in dressed as a paramedic.

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
its sad to say but the last 2 pages of this thread have nothing but pussy rants on how the roo will blow? then u wonder why the roo boardies hate you? its the same as when the roo boardies shit on coachella....

why be in this thread if you are not gonna go.. just get the fuck out and be done with it and move on to pitchfork or lolla... its all good. no one will think less of you... but for now alot of you read like fucking shitbags!!

im at the roo regardless so its all good!

Take a look at this:

Get the fuck out of this thread then Scoop and head over to the Roo board. There you can embrace your Roo friends. People are in this thread because they have gone, will go again in the future, are deciding whether or not they are going or just have a general interest in the lineup. It's not that hard.

Nobody gives a fuck why some Roo boardies hate the Coachella board. We all made it past puberty. Christ.

Alligator Bogaloo
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Error 404: Page not found...

http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1489

TomAz
02-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Why is it important to you that other people conform to your expectations of behavior? Why can't people say whatever they want in here? Are you a hippie?

faxman75
02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Error 404: Page not found...

http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1489

Micah, if I end up going to this festival, we should consider a car rental. Wait, maybe I already mentioned this earlier in the thread?

Shuttle to and from Bonnaroo to the airport is $70 per person, each way but I don't know if that was just the price for day of purchase on the bus or if it was the price no matter what. A car rental shouldn't cost much more than $30/day. We'll figure that stuff out if the lineup is worth it.

westcoastpirate
02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
You can get car rentals for $15 a day for something like a Dodge Neon if you get it at a non-airport location and don't get the insurance.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Alright Micah and anyone else considering the shuttle this year. I just got a response from the shuttle company that does the Roo run. It's way cheaper than I thought.

The shuttle tickets will go on sale tomorrow and will be available directly through the Bonnaroo website, so you can buy the shuttle when you purchase your tickets. The shuttle is $60 roundtrip and you sign up for either Thursday or Friday and the return is on Monday. The most important thing is to book your airline tickets to Nashville within the times of our shuttle. On Thursday, your flight should arrive between 9am -9pm, on Friday between 9am and 2pm and then on Monday just not before 9am.

Sounds like the most convenient way to go. $60 round trip is a steal.

hawkingvsreeve
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm really not feeling that new web design. I'm sure it was mentioned multiple times, but is there a time this evening when they are posting the lineup? I'm not going to go, but I am curious as to who is playing.

scoop49er
02-08-2010, 11:17 AM
im just saying.........you read like pussies....

i could care less if you go or not. just a observation... :)

douchebags! lol............................................... ...........

J~$$$$
02-08-2010, 11:19 AM
lol....

TomAz
02-08-2010, 11:20 AM

you didn't answer my question. Are you a hippie or aren't you?

Havocquarm
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Former Coachella goer that is making the leap to Bonnaroo this year! We should definitely get a small Coachella get together going if that already hasn't been brought up.

Alligator Bogaloo
02-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Alright Micah and anyone else considering the shuttle this year. I just got a response from the shuttle company that does the Roo run. It's way cheaper than I thought.

Sounds like the most convenient way to go. $60 round trip is a steal.

Yes, it is cheap especially since its a round trip pass. Another great reason to use the shuttle is that it bypasses the traffic lines and takes you directly into the fest to a spot near the camp only area. I already got my plane ticket for Roo. I'm flying in Wednesday afternoon and renting a motel room for Wednesday night so I can be on the first shuttle Thursday morning which should leave around 9am from the airport. If you like the lineup, Mark, and want to travel to Roo together let me know. I can send you the flight info I have, I'm using Southwest, plus you can check two bags for free. Yay!

Gribbz
02-08-2010, 12:14 PM
That shuttle sounds like a great idea.

boarderwoozel3
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Care to guess what you "read like"?

westcoastpirate
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Yes, it is cheap especially since its a round trip pass. Another great reason to use the shuttle is that it bypasses the traffic lines and takes you directly into the fest to a spot near the camp only area. I already got my plane ticket for Roo. I'm flying in Wednesday afternoon and renting a motel room for Wednesday night so I can be on the first shuttle Thursday morning which should leave around 9am from the airport. If you like the lineup, Mark, and want to travel to Roo together let me know. I can send you the flight info I have, I'm using Southwest, plus you can check two bags for free. Yay!

I've read recommendations to book your return flight Tuesday, and get a hotel room in Nashville for Monday night. I think after rolling for 4 days straight getting 2 hours of sleep or less a night would make that trip home Monday brutal. Having a day to sleep, eat a good meal and properly shower after Bonnaroo has to be priceless after that weekend rampage...at least that's what I would do if I were going. Haha.

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
The shuttle to/from the airport is fun! Expect to wait around at the airport for awhile though. Last time I went I ended up meeting some strangers and smoking doobs for about an hour as the buses slowly arrived and filled up. Also they were giving away some cool prizes at the sign in table in the airport. music, brooers tent tickets, t-shirts...etc etc

HandBanana
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Man I hope the shuttles dont sell out fast.
Cant pay for any of this til next monday :(

Alligator Bogaloo
02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I've read recommendations to book your return flight Tuesday, and get a hotel room in Nashville for Monday night. I think after rolling for 4 days straight getting 2 hours of sleep or less a night would make that trip home Monday brutal. Having a day to sleep, eat a good meal and properly shower after Bonnaroo has to be priceless after that weekend rampage...at least that's what I would do if I were going. Haha.

This sounds like a decent idea, but I'd rather just get on a plane Monday afternoon / early evening and be home Monday night. The flight from Nashville to PHX is only 3 1/2 hours. Plus I can sleep on the plane home. Also, I don't want to spend more money on a motel room for Monday. My flight doesn't leave until 5pm on Monday so I'll have plenty of time to pack up Monday morning, take shuttle back to airport, chill in a airport bar for a few hours and then hop on the flight home.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Micah, how much was your plane ticket? I was spoiled last year and found a flight for $185 round trip. It's looking like $300 now. I was just going to fly in Thursday and fly out Monday and go according to the shuttle companies parameters because I don't want to use Wednesday as a vacation day either. Is the tent only camping area closer to the entrance of the festival as well?

Mr. Dylanja
02-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes, last year the tent only area the shuttle dropped off at was right next to the entrance.

Blinken
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Some things to think about that I learned last year.

First the shuttle is a great service but you can not go to the store beforehand to get supplies like beer, water and food. The car was worth it just for that reason. I seem to remember DaftFro taking the shuttle and having a considerable hike to his campgrounds from were the shuttle drop off was.

For Wednesday night I really had a ton of fun camping out at the local walmart. The parking lots were full of people partying all night. A lot of grills going and drinking. It also made a decent meet up point in the morning because it is only a mile from the fest. I didn't get much sleep at Walmart but from I understand the boarders that got motel rooms didn't get much either.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Some things to think about that I learned last year.

First the shuttle is a great service but you can not go to the store beforehand to get supplies like beer, water and food. The car was worth it just for that reason. I seem to remember DaftFro taking the shuttle and having a considerable hike to his campgrounds from were the shuttle drop off was.

For Wednesday night I really had a ton of fun camping out at the local walmart. The parking lots were full of people partying all night. A lot of grills going and drinking. It also made a decent meet up point in the morning because it is only a mile from the fest. I didn't get much sleep at Walmart but from I understand the boarders that got motel rooms didn't get much either.

pffft they must have done their phone book coke at night instead of in the morning like we did or maybe all the rooms didn't have coke in their phone books?

I'm alright with not going to the stores and what not. I can live off of vendors. I can't think of grabbing more than a water or two out of a cooler last year at Roo. Then again i'm not much of a drinker either.

sin213
02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
pffft they must have done their phone book coke at night instead of in the morning like we did

:rotfl

Boourns
02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
That shuttle is a great idea. Makes me long for the day of Trainchella.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
It seems to be the most convenient thing if you don't want to hassle with cars or worry about how far you are going to camp. You just get off the plane and wait around for shuttle. Get on the shuttle and it drops you off at camp where you live for 4 days. Monday it picks you and brings you back to the airport. If I do the Roo this year i'm doin' the shuttle.

The biggest problem with the shuttle is lack of a car with a/c to get some relief in but I figure being even closer to the festival entrance than last year will make it easy to head into the movie tent whenever needed.

I haven't seen Alex post in a while. Anyone else ever do the shuttle? I don't even mind a long walk from the shuttle to the camp area. That's only gotta be done twice anyway. I wonder how close the showers are as well. I used one on the last night last year and it was worth it to me.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-08-2010, 01:51 PM
So, is the lineup leaking tonight or what?

Aurgasm
02-08-2010, 01:51 PM
dont count on it

J~$$$$
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
What has blues traveler done in the past 15 years?

Blinken
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
pffft they must have done their phone book coke at night instead of in the morning like we did or maybe all the rooms didn't have coke in their phone books?

I'm alright with not going to the stores and what not. I can live off of vendors. I can't think of grabbing more than a water or two out of a cooler last year at Roo. Then again i'm not much of a drinker either.

Well I never heard about the phone book coke, I guess with comps like that the Motel is worth it.

faxman75
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Well I never heard about the phone book coke, I guess with comps like that the Motel is worth it.

The combination of coming down from the coke and eating Salah's friends very fucking potent pot brownie pretty much fucked up my entire Thursday once camp was set up. So maybe it wasn't worth it. Unless it was just the pot brownie that knocked me out of commission but who could know...

C DUB YA
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
So, is the lineup leaking tonight or what?

doubt it

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 03:42 PM
yup faxy, her baked goods come with warnings and everything. They fucked up a handful of our camp members didnt they? :D

i had to stumble out of snoop dogg's set and passed out in front of band of horses. it was delightful

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM
What has blues traveler done in the past 15 years?

Red Rocks, every freaking 4th of July.

rage patton
02-08-2010, 05:51 PM
So, the line up starts getting released piece by piece starting at 9pm (PST) tonight, correct?

suprefan
02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Who knows. big whoop, like 10 acts will be out by the morning. i doubt any headliners come out early.

paulb
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
yup faxy, her baked goods come with warnings and everything. They fucked up a handful of our camp members didnt they? :D

i had to stumble out of snoop dogg's set and passed out in front of band of horses. it was delightful

maybe....:winkiss

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
oh i remember those blood shot eyes

paulb
02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Bonnaroo Thursday was nuts....

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
technically i saw a lot of bands that night but uh yeah....

paulb
02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I didnt see any...

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
hahaha

I know I was at passion pit i just cant really prove it

Blinken
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I know I was at Portugal The Man with you Salah, so there is that one.

rage patton
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I saw Janelle Monae and White Rabbits Thursday night. I fell asleep outside the tent before Hockey started. I then went back to my tent to get a quick sleep before Passion Pit... until I woke up an realized Passion Pit was already over. I then fll back asleep and didnt wake up until 9 the next morning.

And I didn't even have any baked goods.

sbessiso
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I know I was at Portugal The Man with you Salah, so there is that one.

you werent with me......were you????

Ardentbiscuit
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I noticed that food isn't included with the VIP tickets any more. It's an extra 194.50 per person now.

suprefan
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
OMG THE ROLLING STONES!!!

rage patton
02-08-2010, 07:58 PM
So, 2 minutes eh? Hmmm.

EDIT: Oh, at NOON. Got it.

Alligator Bogaloo
02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Hippie Drill in effect!

http://coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=212&pictureid=1491

LooseAtTheZoo
02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
So, 2 minutes eh? Hmmm.

EDIT: Oh, at NOON. Got it.

Wait, what?

Also, Yeasayer rocked the house tonight, Josh. Last six songs were Mondegreen -> Ambling Alp -> Rome -> O.N.E., encore went Grizelda -> 2080

rage patton
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Wait, what?

Also, Yeasayer rocked the house tonight, Josh. Last six songs were Mondegreen -> Ambling Alp -> Rome -> O.N.E., encore went Grizelda -> 2080

Line up comes out at Noon eastern time tomorrow. Or, at least part of it.

And that is awesome to hear Yeasayer were great. So out of the last six songs, only 1 of them were from the self titled? Hmmm. Crazy. Was the first half mostly first album material, and the second half mainly Odd Blood?

faxman75
02-09-2010, 04:41 AM
7:30 am Update: Phoenix is the first confirmed participant.

Sounds good to me so far.

apostle2
02-09-2010, 05:06 AM
2nd confirmed act: Weezer

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 05:15 AM
gross lol

btw this whole lineup announcement spread throughout the entire day is a stupid idea. i like getting the poster all at once. call me old fashioned

Sladokusac
02-09-2010, 05:42 AM
its gonna be a long day

faxman75
02-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Jeff Beck or Beck I'm fairly certain we are talking Jeff Beck though.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Blues Traveler.

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Jeff Beck or Beck I'm fairly certain we are talking Jeff Beck though.

what?

faxman75
02-09-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm already confused. People are just blabbing out their wish lists on all the social networking sites. What are you people watching?

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 05:57 AM
im watching golden girls and coming to this thread or CoS for my Roo news haha

faxman75
02-09-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm listening to Hope Sandoval and I threw up in my mouth a little when I heard Weezer was playing.

amyzzz
02-09-2010, 05:59 AM
So is it out at 10am AZ time?

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Yup. I really hope BECK isnt there cuz im really banking on skipping roo this year. lol paul simon lol

scoop49er
02-09-2010, 06:00 AM
gonna be interesting....

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:01 AM

It's out throughout the day. The official start time is 10am AZ time but I think we have an unofficial start.

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:03 AM

I stand corrected. Starting now.

Starting at 10 AM EST

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Ok Go.

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Barb will love that!

suprefan
02-09-2010, 06:11 AM
It's out throughout the day. The official start time is 10am AZ time but I think we have an unofficial start.

:nono

faxman75
Good morning douchebag. How are you today?

superfiction
wait. so then the full thing should be released at 9am pst?

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 06:12 AM
No, at noon they will "start compiling the list", i think the full poster is out tonight or something.

what a shitty idea

superfiction
02-09-2010, 06:13 AM
what a shitty idea

qft

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Weezer
Flaming Lips
Baroness
Phoenix
Ok Go
Ingrid Michaelson

LooseAtTheZoo
02-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Where are the list compilers posting?

Also, I will be in class at 12:00. Would any kind soul mind text-updating me?

Ardentbiscuit
02-09-2010, 06:20 AM
I have to agree, this is the worst line up announcement idea ever.

So basically the artists get to pick when and where they want to announce it.

So it could be announced on a mailing list with one person as a member.

Then the Bonnaroo team compiles it as it happens.

I can't stress how lame this is.

liquidsnake28
02-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Fucking Weezer? God damnit!

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:22 AM
I just typed bonnaroo in twitter and people eventually tweat the latest. I can text you some of the bigger names Gonsh starting at 12 eastern if we don't already know them. So far I find this to be a zillion times worse than the way Coachella releases its lineup.

captncrzy
What a stupid fucking idea.

suprefan
Good morning douchebag. How are you today?

Doing ok, shouldnt you be at the dentist this morning?

What a stupid fucking idea.

Its the only way they can ''hype'' a sub par line up.

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Fucking Weezer? God damnit!

The only thing that would make me disagree is if they did a late night set playing Pinkerton. so yeah, fuckin' weezer, they blow.

softbulletin
John Fogerty

http://www.johnfogerty.com/news_d.aspx?nid=1922

Also apparently the full press release is going to be out around 9pm EST

MonOm
This is actually a pretty good way to release a lineup.

sbessiso
coachella is already winning

clecirclecir
02-09-2010, 06:24 AM
lame Bonaroo....lame

LooseAtTheZoo
02-09-2010, 06:25 AM
I just typed bonnaroo in twitter and people eventually tweat the latest. I can text you some of the bigger names Gonsh starting at 12 eastern if we don't already know them. So far I find this to be a zillion times worse than the way Coachella releases its lineup.

I would love that, thanks. I'm in class 11:00-12:15 EST.

faxman75
John Fogerty

http://www.johnfogerty.com/news_d.aspx?nid=1922

Also apparently the full press release is going to be out around 9pm EST

I sold a Bon Iver ticket to his son earlier this year. Next...

faxman75
I would love that, thanks. I'm in class 11:00-12:15 EST.

No problem.

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Jeff Beck confirmed. Dinosaurs...lots of dinosaurs gonna play this thing.

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:28 AM
It's funny. Half of the tweets are talking about a lineup announcement at noon east and the others are giving the lineup.

liquidsnake28
02-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Jeff Beck? I sold an M. Ward ticket to his son earlier this year. Next...

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Modeski Martin and Wood.

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Jeff Beck? I sold an M. Ward ticket to his son earlier this year. Next...

lol

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-09-2010, 06:33 AM
I'll be extemely jealous if the roo gets Massive Attack.

amyzzz
Dumbest idea ever. Aren't they selling tickets again at noon before the announcement is finished? :nono

liquidsnake28
Really though, Beck is actually a good dinosaur so that's the first one I'm excited about today. Having him, Fogerty and Weezer (all big names) makes me worried about Neil. Fuck Fogerty. That guy is a pure asshole who makes boring music.

JSam67
Weezer? Yikes.

liquidsnake28
02-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Suddenly Muse with their shit new album doesn't seem so bad.

superfiction
02-09-2010, 06:35 AM
they have assloads of money to throw around though. isnt roo like twice as big as coachella? they always have 4 or 5 artists im sad we dont get but i would never pick roo over coachella not in a million years

superfiction
02-09-2010, 06:36 AM
isis

liquidsnake28
02-09-2010, 06:39 AM
they always have 4 or 5 artists im sad we dont get but i would never pick roo over coachella not in a million years

That's the exact opposite of how it works. Coachella lineups are always better.

liquidsnake28
02-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Isis and Baroness? Nice. Now we just wait for Between the Buried and Me and Pelican.

superfiction
02-09-2010, 06:40 AM
That's the exact opposite of how it works. Coachella lineups are always better.

did you even read what i said?

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Tim seems particularly cracked out this morning

captncrzy
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Dave Matthews Band, Fogerty, Jeff Beck, Weezer, Flaming Lips < Sitting at home

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:43 AM
pffft you were sitting at home anyway but for the record, i'm staying home so far too.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Medeski Martin & Wood
Punch Brothers?

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Roo is dropping the ball

faxman75
02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Punch Bros, Met at Work, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan.

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Oh man, Dylan!

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Men at Work? that is pretty cool