PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bonnaroo 2010 Coachella Board thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

liquidsnake28
02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
does anybody have information on DEMF? I ask this bc there are a few midwest-based boardies in this thread.

I've never gone but I know lots of people who go and I've heard their stories. It's the last weekend in May. I might consider going this year. Of course it being in Detroit makes this thing substaintially less appealing than other edm fests.

Aurgasm
02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Of course it being in Detroit makes this thing substaintially less appealing than other edm fests.

and more affordable...

liquidsnake28
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
True, I'll probably be down if the lineup is great.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I really enjoyed Thievery Corporation at Coachella. Depending on conflicts I would be very happy to see them have a late night set on the What Stage

amyzzz
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Good to know on the Glasto dates.

C DUB YA
02-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I got to tell ya, the idea of the Flaming Lips doing their version of Dark Side of the Moon, urkes me to no end, that record is a complete piece of shit... and I like the Flaming Lips.

Now if only Paul Simon's Roo set would consist of Love Gun, front to back, then I might go.

steve7268
02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I got to tell ya, the idea of the Flaming Lips doing their version of Dark Side of the Moon, urkes me to no end, that record is a complete piece of shit... and I like the Flaming Lips.

Now if only Paul Simon's Roo set would consist of Love Gun, front to back, then I might go.

The Flaming Lips playing at midnight thursday night and going until 2:30AM, and THEN doing DSOTM in its entirety irks you?

rage patton
02-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Why would Paul Simon play solo... when Simon and Garfunkle are touring together.

And wait... FLips are confirmed!?!?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2010, 02:38 AM
if Roger Waters is confimed then I will do my best to make it to roo. That Wall w/ Flips DSOTM combo seems too good to be true. But seriously guys Paul Simon is a win.

unitedwesuck
02-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Um , so you think Dark Side of the Moon is a complete shit record?
Somebody must be on crack.

Aurgasm
02-03-2010, 07:16 AM

Im hoping she/he/it is talking about a the Lips' DSOTM recording (i didnt know one existed)

faxman75
02-03-2010, 07:33 AM

lolwut?

canexplain
02-03-2010, 08:19 AM
They were also talking about there might be two Pauls at bonnaroo now ... hummmmm .... cr*****

C DUB YA
02-03-2010, 08:27 AM

No, not on crack.
I think the Flaming Lips version is complete shit.

Im hoping she/he/it is talking about a the Lips' DSOTM recording (i didnt know one existed)

Yes. The Lips version. I love the Floyd as much as the next guy (well maybe not quite as much)

lolwut?

see above.

scoop49er
02-03-2010, 08:29 AM
6 days away! Paul simon would be cool for a minute or so

C DUB YA
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
The Flaming Lips playing at midnight thursday night and going until 2:30AM, and THEN doing DSOTM in its entirety irks you?

Yes Steve. Their DSOTM record is stupid and contrived. I love them, seen them many times, even going waaaay back when they opened for people in tiny clubs and bars (see my ticket stub below). But that Floyd "project" is a big misstep in my book. I'm not the only person that thinks this either.

A Flaming Lips set is fine. Like I've said, I really like them. But having seen Wayne trounce around in the ball one too many times, it's something I've seen, and for me, hardly a Bonnaroo selling point.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3493/3928085006_a7a0e023dd.jpg

unitedwesuck
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Has Anyone Done VIP @ Bonnaroo?
I went VIP lolla last year, and it was deff worth the price. I'm not sure if VIP roo includes unlimited Beer, Liquor /Food though like lolla's does tho.

C DUB YA
02-03-2010, 08:45 AM
I went VIP lolla last year, and it was deff worth the price. I'm not sure if VIP roo includes unlimited Beer, Liquor /Food though like lolla's does tho.

VIP at Lolla is NOT worth the price. Nor at Coachella.

canexplain
02-03-2010, 08:46 AM

We did VIP one year because someone gave us the festy tics and the vip stuff so since it was free, I can't say if it was "worth" it or not .... cr****

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 08:56 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3493/3928085006_a7a0e023dd.jpg

Awesome. I live minutes away from Newport. I've never heard of the Top Hat so it must have closed a long time ago. All the good shows are at Southgatehouse these days.

C DUB YA
02-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Awesome. I live minutes away from Newport. I've never heard of the Top Hat so it must have closed a long time ago. All the good shows are at Southgatehouse these days.

Yeah I live in Cbus, Southgate is awesome, although going to most of my shows in Columbus, the smoking thing is a bit hard to deal with there in Newport.

Do you remember Caddy's??? I saw Blur, The Verve, Foo Fighters, Supergrass there.

ShyGuy75
02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
c dub, how did you find out about coachella in 1999 while living in ohio?

C DUB YA
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally from the Morrissey fanclub, I might have seen something on the web in general as well. A couple of friends (from Akron) were all about going, since they had been to Glasto. and the sole idea of having an English type festival here in the US was appealing from the start.

Plus I had some friends in LA at the time that knew about it. So About five of us from Ohio decided to do it on a whim. rented a house in Palm Springs, pimped out SUVs for vehicle rentals and stocked the place w/tons of food. Had no idea what I was getting myself into.

In the years since (I've missed 2) I've taken everybody from my wife to co-workers. The number of people who have come with me must be about 30-35 different peeps

amyzzz
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I know you didn't ask, but I actually found out about Coachella from either NME or Melody Maker when I was visiting my friend in England. :)

The 1999 Coachella NME rumor was "oh my gosh Johnny Marr is playing in Beck's band and Morrissey is playing too -- Smiths reunion???"

Alligator Bogaloo
02-03-2010, 10:44 AM
So the three main headliners will probably be Flaming Lips, Paul Simon, & DMB from the various sources now... meh. Undercard with Massive Attack and MMJ, please. Either way, I already got my ticket, so come June 10th I'll be up to my neck with 75,000 dirty hippies.

ShyGuy75
02-03-2010, 10:51 AM
very cool, c dub

apostle2
02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
So the three main headliners will probably be Flaming Lips, Paul Simon, & DMB from the various sources now... meh. Undercard with Massive Attack and MMJ, please. Either way, I already got my ticket, so come June 10th I'll be up to my neck with 75,000 dirty hippies.

Flaming Lips aren't headliners. Headliners don't play at midnight.

ShyGuy75
02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
kings of leon!

faxman75
02-03-2010, 11:14 AM

I think it was assumed they were doing 2 sets and were this years Phish. Doubtful, but I think I saw that earlier in the thread.

MissingPerson
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Ron, you add nothing. I hope you get lost in a 99 cent store.

Whoa, there was a whole page of confusion here that I missed.

C DUB YA
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
What about all the talk of Macca.

ZackQ
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM

The Arcade Fire will headline right before them. Then the two bands will fight. Wayne Coyne will be in the bubble rolling over dudes.

faxman75
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Whoa, there was a whole page of confusion here that I missed.

That's part of my sig, Gemma. It was in a recent thread where Ron called Corrina a smug cretin.

MissingPerson
02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah, sorry to go off topic. I only joined the conversation in that thread a few pages later, there was a whole bunch of Ron weirdness in there that I didn't catch the first time. Bloody hell.

apostle2
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
I think it was assumed they were doing 2 sets and were this years Phish. Doubtful, but I think I saw that earlier in the thread.

Phish's two sets were midnight what stage and headlining sunday. FL will be most likely be late night which stage, two sets in a row. More like what acts like Trey Anastasio have done in the past. Whoever assumed that earlier in the thread is an idiot.

bdfsh
02-03-2010, 01:50 PM
The Arcade Fire will headline right before them. Then the two bands will fight. Wayne Coyne will be in the bubble rolling over dudes.

arcade fire headline?
no.
fucking.
way.

amyzzz
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
MP, would you go to Bonnaroo if Arcade Fire was on the lineup?

Gribbz
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
arcade fire headline?
no.
fucking.
way.

It would be nice if they were there regardless. It would make up for KoL and DMB.

HandBanana
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
If Arcade Fire play, I am there regardless.

MissingPerson
02-03-2010, 02:18 PM
MP, would you go to Bonnaroo if Arcade Fire was on the lineup?

Prolly not, to be honest. Bonnaroo's not really on my festival radar, and I don't know if I could muster up anybody else for the trip. I probably wouldn't go solo, and I know more people who'd have an interest in ATP or Coachella.

amyzzz
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Alright then. I'm trying weigh boardie appearances into my decision to go. Actually it mostly hinges on Massive Attack (plus good undercard).

faxman75
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Massive Attack late night!

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
So the three main headliners will probably be Flaming Lips, Paul Simon, & DMB from the various sources now... meh.

First of all, Flips are in no fucking way ever a roo headliner, ever. Why is everybody talking like roo just has three headliners? In 08 they had four and in 09 they had 4 (5 if you count both Phish shows.) As they're getting bigger why would they go back to three? KOL will probably play Fri on the What stage against a slightly less popular artist on the Which like with Beasties/Byrne last year. That leaves 4 headliner slots open. 3 if Paul Simon is true. Those will probably be filled by any 3 of these: Neily Young, Macca, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, The Who, Roger Waters, Rolling Stones, Soundgarden or bigger surprises like Daft Punk, Pinrce, etc. All you have to do is take a glance at the past few roo lineups and it's completely obvious that KOL, Simon and DMB as the biggest three would never happen.

Yeah I live in Cbus, Southgate is awesome, although going to most of my shows in Columbus, the smoking thing is a bit hard to deal with there in Newport.

Do you remember Caddy's??? I saw Blur, The Verve, Foo Fighters, Supergrass there.

I remember Caddy's but I was only like 14 when it closed so I never got to go there. If it weren't for Southgate there wouldn't be much of a music scene here outside of hip hop and metal/punk. The LC Pavillion is my favorite venue in Columbus. Just saw FLips there and seeing MMJ there May 2nd.

ZackQ
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
arcade fire headline?
no.
fucking.
way.

You misunderstood. Arcade Fire and Flaming Lips are going to headline in what promises to be a really really ironic boxing match.

MissingPerson
02-03-2010, 04:06 PM
An ironic, visually spectacular, and fiercely emotive boxing match.

faxman75
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
First of all, Flips are in no fucking way ever a roo headliner, ever. Why is everybody talking like roo just has three headliners? In 08 they had four and in 09 they had 4 (5 if you count both Phish shows.) As they're getting bigger why would they go back to three? KOL will probably play Fri on the What stage against a slightly less popular artist on the Which like with Beasties/Byrne last year. That leaves 4 headliner slots open. 3 if Paul Simon is true. Those will probably be filled by any 3 of these: Neily Young, Macca, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, The Who, Roger Waters, Rolling Stones, Soundgarden or bigger surprises like Daft Punk, Pinrce, etc. All you have to do is take a glance at the past few roo lineups and it's completely obvious that KOL, Simon and DMB as the biggest three would never happen.

You get worked up over the dumbest shit. Is it really that ridiculous to think that Phish headlined two nights last year and Bruce the other? Maybe you don't like it when people call those acts headliners but basically every publication out there reported Phish and Bruce as the headliners regardless of how many other acts where there and could have headlined. That means last year you had only 2 headliners. :)

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, Paul Simon, DMB and KOL are going to be the three biggest, most popular names on the bonnaroo lineup this year. Without a doubt. This makes perfect sense.

HandBanana
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, Paul Simon, DMB and KOL are going to be the three biggest, most popular names on the bonnaroo lineup this year. Without a doubt. This makes perfect sense.

I know you didnt mean it that way, but that would get me psyched.

faxman75
02-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Solid prediction.

HandBanana
02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I meant the "Yes" part. In bold. As in a Yes reunion.

faxman75
02-03-2010, 04:54 PM
ha ha nice, my roommate would skip Glasto for that or Waters performing The Wall.

Mr. Dylanja
02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Please no massive attack, PLEASE!

Gribbz
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM

You must have REALLY hated the Bonnaroo experience last year.

Aurgasm
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM

He wants to come see them at Red Rocks and get wild up in Denver. c'mon meow..think about it

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm still totally baffled how you could possibly think PS, KOL and DMB will be the headliners. In 06 they make the jump into mainstream with Tom Petty, Radiohead, etc and it's very successful. Next year they get The Police, Tool, White Stripes, WP. Next year Metallica, Kanye, Jack Johnson, Pearl Jam. Last year they make late night headliners a real thing and we had 5 headlining sets. Can you really not see how stupid it is to think those three will be the biggest names this year?

Aurgasm
02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm still totally baffled how you could possibly think PS, KOL and DMB will be the headliners. In 06 they make the jump into mainstream with Tom Petty, Radiohead, etc and it's very successful. Next year they get The Police, Tool, White Stripes, WP. Next year Metallica, Kanye, Jack Johnson, Pearl Jam. Last year they make late night headliners a real thing and we had 5 headlining sets. Can you really not see how stupid it is to think those three will be the biggest names this year?

bonnaroo kinda sucks like that..

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Why in the fuck would they suddenly regress so far back this year?

faxman75
02-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Simon and Garfunkel, Dave Matthews Band and Kings of Leon.

It sounds likely.

Mr. Dylanja
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM

I love the farm, it's just one hell of a commitment that I'd rather not make this summer.

Mr. Dylanja
02-03-2010, 05:40 PM
And the more I think about it, I'll probably only go to Roo if it's a one off but that's not happening.

scoop49er
02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Prince..........

do not be surprised...

suprefan
02-03-2010, 06:28 PM
suprised that you have been trying to make this happen through your oh so fabulous predictions? So Prince trumps anything every other festival has this year yes?

paulb
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Simon and Garfunkel would be amazing...

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 06:40 PM
From COS:

"Rather than announce the acts that will play the June 10-13 festival in Manchester, TN, promoters Superfly Productions and AC Entertainment will unveil performers throughout the day online. The goal is to generate conversations about the lineup a few acts at a time."

I really hope this isn't true. That would kill a whole lot of the excitement.

suprefan
02-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, considering that the Bonnaroo press release said that exact quote, how are they saying something that isnt true? And go back a bunch of pages, its been posted....

Superfly Productions and AC Entertainment are excited to announce that a unique unveiling of the 2010 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival lineup will take place next Tuesday February 9th. This will unfold throughout the entire day creating a virtual event for Bonnaroo fans, who will be able to view and discuss the confirmed line up on Bonnaroo.com as it is revealed.

Bonnaroo organizers encourage the media to watch and participate in what they hope will become a new tradition for those who look forward to its annual line up announcement.

Complimenting this special announcement event, Bonnaroo tickets will go on sale for the first time ever, on the day that the lineup is unveiled. Tickets will go on sale at noon EST on February 9th, exclusively through Bonnaroo.com .

edit: btw, this is probably the only way they can make sure people stay on edge hoping that something rumored comes true instead of it all being dropped on everyone at the same time. So people will assume the headliners will be unveiled last or something, so whatever average undercard they had is saved by the top.

Imagine if Coachella did that, the board would crash...

faxman75
02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
This was posted a couple of pages ago as well.

suprefan
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
This was posted a couple of pages ago as well.

Somebody who looks at this thread a lot, didnt catch on today, so what can you say. And Mark, I think youre going to ditch Glasto for this, which is a shame btw...

faxman75
02-03-2010, 06:59 PM
No decisions have been made. I'll decide when I see the lineup.

ED GEIN
02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Here we Go Magic confirmed

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Here-We-Go-Magic/48153361804

faxman75
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
So they apparently didn't get the memo that they were supposed to do this next Tuesday and not yesterday?

Here We Go Magic We are now allowed to say that we are playing BONNAROO this year, in JOON. (though I think we screwed it up... a great wind was meant to sweep the nation yesterday at 4pm, SOO many bands saying something at the same moment)
11 hours ago

funny stuff

softbulletin
02-03-2010, 08:38 PM
The moderator over at Inforoo is apparently sitting on some info right now trying to confirm it. He mentioned it's between Flaming Lips and Paul Simon in popularity.

suprefan
02-03-2010, 09:02 PM
The moderator over at Inforoo is apparently sitting on some info right now trying to confirm it. He mentioned it's between Flaming Lips and Paul Simon in popularity.

Well its not prince.. And it better not be Massive Attack.

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 09:02 PM
It's not a moderator, it's Alex Young (COS.) He stopped by their chatroom and said that it's an artist moving from the rumored to the expected list. Which according to the people talking about it on their board leaves only Neil Young, MMJ, and Waters but I didn't check the list myself.

softbulletin
02-03-2010, 09:11 PM
No it's Dirty Jerzee a moderator on inforoo, he sent it out on twitter.

http://twitter.com/TheInforooster

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Today at 1:20am, cedwards wrote: Alex Young just came on Chatzy for literally two minutes and said he was waiting for an email confirmation to move someone from "rumored" to "expected" on his site. Anyone know anything about this?

ED GEIN
02-03-2010, 09:17 PM
No it's Dirty Jerzee a moderator on inforoo, he sent it out on twitter.

http://twitter.com/TheInforooster

It is actually both that claim to be onto something. Wether it is the same thing is anyones guess.

softbulletin
02-03-2010, 09:22 PM
They're both on to something, but the quote about simon and the flaming lips came from Jerzee. That's what I was talking about.

Ed do you post on inforoo?

ED GEIN
02-03-2010, 09:25 PM
yeah I am concert junkie over there

softbulletin
02-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Oh I'm nodepression, I knew you had to be someone from the board.

rage patton
02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Someone told me today that the FLips playing DSOTM as a late night set at Bonnaroo is confirmed. He said he read it yesterday, but couldnt remember where. Anyone have anything about this?

softbulletin
02-03-2010, 09:43 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/37775-flaming-lips-to-cover-pink-floyds-idark-side-of-the-mooni-at-bonnaroo/

suprefan
02-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Someone told me today that the FLips playing DSOTM as a late night set at Bonnaroo is confirmed. He said he read it yesterday, but couldnt remember where. Anyone have anything about this?

Have you gone back far enough? Its been mentioned, its been quoted and everything. Ill look around again for the interview with Wayne Coyne stating that its happening....

edit: look up, and click here http://www.spinner.com/2010/02/02/flaming-lips-dark-side-of-the-moon-bonnaroo/

rage patton
02-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice. Thanks. Well shit. Now I wanna go.

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Haha, they already did this exact same fucking thing! Flips played DSOTM during their bonnaroo late night set in 2003.

http://www.jambase.com/Forums/Thread.aspx?group=0&topic=12&thread=30097&pg=3

Second and fifth posts on the page.

suprefan
02-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Haha, they already did this exact same fucking thing! Flips played DSOTM during their bonnaroo late night set in 2003.

This band never ceases to recycle old things.

Nice. Thanks. Well shit. Now I wanna go.

:nono

ED GEIN
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM

Must have been on some good drugs. Although they did play War Pigs during sound check.

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Neil Young is looking really good!!! softbulletin are you buying what this lurker said? It doesn't seem like they're lying. I reallllllllly hope they're not. Here's the post:

"Alright, first of all I want to state that you can take this however you want. I don't post here, I lurk. Believe me, or don't, but don't attack me. I am merely passing along what I have heard.

I'm a student at Belmont Univ. in Nashville. I work for a few places around town that are involved in the local music scene. To be brief: I was with my boss earlier tonight; my boss (in addition to his own company) works with Music City Roots, a local live/radio show that happens weekly. According to him: MCR was in the process of contracting Neil Young for sometime in March/April/May, but at some point either yesterday or today they called and cancelled because Neil Young agreed to play Bonnaroo and due to a proximity clause can't do MCR anymore.

That proximity clause basically says that an artist can't play anywhere within 150 miles of 'roo within a certain period. Although they have made exceptions in the past.

Take this for what you will; actually, take it with a grain of salt. I'm just passing along what I've heard. Personally, I'm betting on Neil Young being on that list. I talked to Alex from CoS tonight and even he said that I was the third source he's heard about Neil Young playing roo."

softbulletin
02-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Yea I saw the thread, I'm believing it so far. From what alex has said in chat and what other board members have told me it was looking pretty good already. Judging from the other guys posts he doesn't seem like one to make it up. Also it's apparently what Jerzee was talking about earlier in the night. He sent something out after commenting on the thread "Looks like the secret might be out on Inforoo. We will know by next week if it is true."

liquidsnake28
02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Regarding the twitter clue, Neil Young is sure as hell much bigger than Flips but is Paul Simon bigger than Neil Young? That's arguable.

ED GEIN
02-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Regarding the twitter clue, Neil Young is sure as hell much bigger than Flips but is Paul Simon bigger than Neil Young? That's arguable.

Well he did post this too. "Maybe as big as Simon..depends who you ask. "

marcosminute
02-04-2010, 05:01 AM
According to inforoo and CoS, Neil is pretty much confirmed. This news makes my day.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 05:24 AM

Over the entire decades they have been around I am going with neil being bigger.... cr******

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 05:58 AM
This is awesome news. I can't think of a bonnaroo headliner I'd want more than Neil. There you go fax, the headliners aren't just S&G, DMB and KOL like you kept insisting would be plausible. Those three as the main headliners might be acceptable for bonnaroo 04/05 or rothbury, not bonnaroo 2010.

TomAz
02-04-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty sure Paul Simon has sold several times the number of records that Neil Young has. So in the sense of 'commercially successful', Simon is definitely bigger.

Impact, influence, merit, those are different things entirely.

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 06:23 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/676/Discrimination-Hippie-NEIL-YOUNG-GODFATHER-OF-GRUNGE.jpg

faxman75
02-04-2010, 06:28 AM
This is awesome news. I can't think of a bonnaroo headliner I'd want more than Neil. There you go fax, the headliners aren't just S&G, DMB and KOL like you kept insisting would be plausible. Those three as the main headliners might be acceptable for bonnaroo 04/05 or rothbury, not bonnaroo 2010.

Umm I was humoring you at best about S&G, DMB and KOL. Maybe you should go back and re-read. I didn't insist anything. I called you out for getting all irritated with people naming 3 headliners. You then started rattling off names of who you presumed I thought the three headliners would be.

Your entire argument was about the number of headliners. This doesn't change anything. When the lineup is announced you will hear all the publications telling you who the three headliners are so if it's S&G, DMB and Neil Young that just means Kings of Leon won't be on the main stage during prime time. So the number is still three. Friday - Sunday on the Main Stage around 10:00PM.

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Who gives a flying fuck what "the publications" have to say about roo's headliners? Whenever I see a faxman post the Fugazi song The Argument pops in my head.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 06:34 AM
You do apparently if you have a problem with how many acts they are calling headliners. I don't see anyone else here upset about it.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Well I am not sure anyone short of Neil will get me to the farm ...Maybe the Wall thing if it happens ... cr*****

on a side note, are they selling single day tics at the roo :)

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Yes, I'm so incredibly irritated and upset over this.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Well, you'll get over it. The lineup will be out in a few more days and Neil Young is most likely playing.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Where is that link to the meme thingy. I should at least look at it .... cr*****

faxman75
02-04-2010, 07:04 AM
We should talk more about the idiots in Here We Are Magic who fucked up the surprise way the lineup was being released. That there is funny shit.

Again

Here We Go Magic We are now allowed to say that we are playing BONNAROO this year, in JOON. (though I think we screwed it up... a great wind was meant to sweep the nation yesterday at 4pm, SOO many bands saying something at the same moment)
11 hours ago

So next Tuesday we can expect to find out the lineup through each bands facebook/myspace page and e-mails I assume. Then maybe later that evening we'll get a full lineup on Roo.com or something.

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 07:09 AM
That is pretty funny. Here We Go Morons. They're a really good band though and I thought they would be on the coachella lineup.

Oh Ron, it's a fucking goldmine http://memegenerator.net/Discrimination-Hippie

Reminds me, I forgot to respond to this the other day, hehe

Take jay-z off but that's just me .... cr*****

http://memegenerator.net/Instances/850/Discrimination-Hippie-IF-I-WANTED-TO-LISTEN-TO-BLACK-PEOPLE-RAMBLE-ON-AND-ON-ID-LISTEN-TO-RAP-MUSIC.jpg

http://memegenerator.net/Instances/786/Discrimination-Hippie-HIP-HOP-BAD-SONICS.jpg

Alligator Bogaloo
02-04-2010, 11:03 AM
To add to the Roo rumors, Stereogum put up a little info about Bonnaroo with artists that have been brought up here before. They're saying Jay Z, Stevie Wonder, and KOL will be there.

http://stereogum.com/archives/more_bonnaroo_2010_lineup_rumors_jayz_stevie_wond_ 112891.html

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 11:19 AM
The reason Jay-Z doesn't make sense is because he is playing Isle of Wight across the ocean right before it and he's already playing coachella so it's not like it's anything special. Stevie did get moved to from rumored to expected on COS. Also, SCI is now officially out of the picture which I guess is good for most of you. Still not sure if I trust livedaily on Paul Simon. A credible site that I read (jambase) also posted about Flaming Lips but no mention of Paul. We'll see.

I'm guessing it will go like this:
Rolling Stones, Neil Young, DMB, Stevie, KOL, Furthur, Soundgarden, Pavement, MMJ

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I encourage all Stevie Wonder rumors. I need to download some of his classic albums. This year is all about Jay-Z i'm glad I became a fan in time.

Can we get some Mumford and Sons?

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
If you're a fan of his new album you'll love his coachella set. I'm a huge fan but I don't like the new album, saw him a few months ago and it was great but way too much new album. He plays practically all of it with a few random old songs thrown in, then a medley of hits at the end. What makes his shows is the tight 13 piece live band.

Gribbz
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I like Jay-Z, but that new album is pretty bad.

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
i like it better when tim and faxy arent bitching at each other.

Guys the lineup will be here next Tuesday. Patience. As far as we can all see, this years lineup seems mediocre in terms of unique talent. Im sure we're all in for a surprise. And if not, fuck it, save some dough and go to another fest.

Alligator Bogaloo
02-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Mark, if you don't have any of Stevie's albums, listen to these, Music On My Mind, Talking Book, Innervisions, Fulfillingness' First Finale, and Songs In The Key Of Life. Killer stuff.

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Mark, if you don't have any of Stevie's albums, listen to these, Music On My Mind, Talking Book, Innervisions, Fulfillingness' First Finale, and Songs In The Key Of Life. Killer stuff.

personal favorite 8^)

FoxeyLady
02-04-2010, 11:35 AM
If you're a fan of his new album you'll love his coachella set. I'm a huge fan but I don't like the new album, saw him a few months ago and it was great but way too much new album. He plays practically all of it with a few random old songs thrown in, then a medley of hits at the end. What makes his shows is the tight 13 piece live band.

When Jay-Z played Glasto after American Gangster came out he only played 2 maayyybe 3 songs off the album. I'm thinking he will play about 5-6 songs from Blueprint 3. I have a feeling he likes to change it up for festivals.

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I like Jay-Z, but that new album is pretty bad.

It really is. It may be a little better than the last two but that's not saying much.

American Gangster was just a quick gimmick promo for the movie. Blueprint 3 is an attempt at a good, real album.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I have some remix of BP3 that is pretty good. He should do the black album start to finish.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
American Gangster was just a quick gimmick promo for the movie.

Yeah, AG doesn't do a whole lot for me. I love Black, Blueprint 1, Reasonable Doubt and I need to listen to "in my lifetime" some more.

I heard he has an unplugged album, is that true?

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah he did unplugged.
Summercamp has the most predictable lineup ever this year. STS9, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Gov't Mule, Avett Bros, Victor Wooten, etc. Look how amateur their lineup page is http://www.summercampfestival.com/2010/artists So incredibly pathetic, they didn't even take the time to fucking line it up right.

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Victor Wooten is everything BUT amateur.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM

Nice, narrow it down to 2 for me to start with and if this lineup is any good I will most likely be joining you in your trek to the Roo by utilizing this shuttle you speak of. We'll wait for the lineup for that chat though.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah he did unplugged.

Any good?

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Victor Wooten is everything BUT amateur.

No shit, I love Victor Wooten. Probably the best bassist I've ever seen in my life to be honest. I mentioned him as being predictable for this festival. Click on that link, their attempt at a poster or "artists" page with the lineup is what's possibly the most amateur, pathetic thing I've ever seen.

summerkid
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I have to pull out this quote from High Fidelity.

Barry: "Rob, top five musical crimes perpetuated by Stevie Wonder in the '80s and '90s. Go. Sub-question: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away?

scoop49er
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
so right now we are looking at:

Neil young/Dave Matthews Band/Jay-Z/Kings Of Leon/Stevie Wonder/Paul Simon/Flaming Lips

if thats the case the you would have to think:

Fri: Jay-z/Stevie Wonder..... Flamiing Lips late night
Sat: Kings of Leon....... DMB late night
Sun: Neil Young/Paul Simon

i cant see DMB just doing a normal sun set at the roo.. you would think they would want to something different and just play a late night....

regardless the rumours are getting interesting...

suprefan
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Nice, narrow it down to 2 for me to start with and if this lineup is any good I will most likely be joining you in your trek to the Roo by utilizing this shuttle you speak of. We'll wait for the lineup for that chat though.

TRAITOR!

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I wish Shpongle would do Bonnaroo but they are already playing a couple TN dates in April, so doesn't look good.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:54 AM
It's funny, I had written off the Flaming Lips as a band I was tired of and this was mostly because of Wayne running his mouth more than playing music on stage. The only reason I'm interested is because they are covering Dark Side and they don't attempt to sound like PF, they put their own spin on it full of their own freakiness. It's not going to take much more but I do in fact need more than just that. Maybe i'm the only person who doesn't love Neil Young but he mostly bores the piss out of me. If he's there and the lineup looks good i'll give him some more listens. I'm pretty ignorant in regards to his music aside from some obvious classic songs.

Stevie Wonder and Massive Attack would be enough because I know the undercard is going to be solid. I'm not sure what other hypotheticals I have in my mind that will get me to Roo but i'm getting closer.

scoop49er
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM

just to chime in,

with Stevie, Songs in the key of life is a great place to start.. also find a greatest hits package that came out in the early 80's that is packed with his 70's hits...

he does alot of them live so i would watch him like i watched Al green last year, with alot of respect and just enjoy the nostalgia! :)

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM
so right now we are looking at:

Neil young/Dave Matthews Band/Jay-Z/Kings Of Leon/Stevie Wonder/Paul Simon/Flaming Lips

if thats the case the you would have to think:

Fri: Jay-z/Stevie Wonder..... Flamiing Lips late night
Sat: Kings of Leon....... DMB late night
Sun: Neil Young/Paul Simon

i cant see DMB just doing a normal sun set at the roo.. you would think they would want to something different and just play a late night....

regardless the rumours are getting interesting...

Fail. I would say McCartney is more likely than Jay-Z.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 11:56 AM
just to chime in,

with Stevie, Songs in the key of life is a great place to start.. also find a greatest hits package that came out in the early 80's that is packed with his 70's hits...

he does alot of them live so i would watch him like i watched Al green last year, with alot of respect and just enjoy the nostalgia! :)

A greatest hits album with his 70's tunes would be perfect. I'll look around tonight. I forgot I have a torrent client on my phone that downloads to my home pc. His discography will be waiting for me when I get home.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Mark, go Talking Book -> Songs In The Key Of Life

liquidsnake28
TRAITOR!

Isn't he going to coachella regardless? People are allowed to go to both festivals. You don't have to pick teams like a 6 year old.

scoop49er
id love to see macca at the roo over jay-z

PJandBompton
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
The Jay-Z Unplugged is actually pretty good...The Roots were his backing band so the band is obviously top notch...

summerkid
I'd' be more interested in the flaming lips playing embryonic in its entirety than their version of dsotm.

and on the subject of Neil Young just watch this video.

7KxiEjPCXA8

Neil Young rocks live.

and a more recent video to show he still has it

JdF3aagRrmo

Neil Young is easily the most appealing thing on the rumored lineup.

liquidsnake28
The Rolling Stones seem more likely than either of them considering coachella just had macca.

I'd' be more interested in the flaming lips playing embryonic in its entirety than their version of dsotm.

I definitely would too and I'm a big DSOTM fan. Embryonic is fucking awesome and the few songs I've already seen live from it were great.

summerkid
02-04-2010, 12:02 PM
except for the fact the Stones aren't touring anytime soon on account of Ronnie Wood.

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
If Hova was there I could see him doing Saturday late night a la Nails.

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Im sure we're all in for a surprise. And if not, fuck it, save some dough and come to Red Rocks.

FIXED :D

scoop49er
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Neil young would be perfect for the Roo to close it out... i dont see him on a friday or sat but sunday for sure.. everyone is drained on sun and ready to be done and you kick back and listen to Neil for 3hrs?? yes!!

ED GEIN
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
If Hova was there I could see him doing Saturday late night a la Nails.

That is what I have been thinking will happen if he is there.

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
holy christ, me too!!

scoop49er
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
try to make up for his protege, kanye's fuckup!

faxman75
02-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Isn't he going to coachella regardless? People are allowed to go to both festivals. You don't have to pick teams like a 6 year old.

He's referring to me not going to Glasto if I go to this. He's just giving me shit for even thinking about it.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
No shit, I love Victor Wooten. Probably the best bassist I've ever seen in my life to be honest. I mentioned him as being predictable for this festival. Click on that link, their attempt at a poster or "artists" page with the lineup is what's possibly the most amateur, pathetic thing I've ever seen.

You need to remember a lot of festivals don't have a web master or things like that. Some of the boards are just set up by fans; some who know how to make a web page, and to be sure, some that don't. I think it is at least better then not having a member board and only having a fucking myspace or facebook page. Now that is lame. Neil is the MAN!!!!! .... cr*****

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM

So would anyone else over the age of 15.

FIXED :D

hahaha yesssir! Red Rocks baby. Cant wait!

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
pleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleaseno massiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassivea ttackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackple asenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomas siveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveatta ckpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackplease nomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiv eattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackp leasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenom assiveattack

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 12:35 PM
You need to remember a lot of festivals don't have a web master or things like that. Some of the boards are just set up by fans; some who know how to make a web page, and to be sure, some that don't. I think it is at least better then not having a member board and only having a fucking myspace or facebook page. Now that is lame. Neil is the MAN!!!!! .... cr*****

You have a point Ron. The only thing that irks me about it is they could have easily used a free html template instead of patching it together the way they did. The code on the site is bogus.

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM

I don't know anything about a board for them but just for simple promotional, even informative purposes of the festival, that is shockingly bad.

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
pleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleaseno massiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassivea ttackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackple asenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomas siveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveatta ckpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackplease nomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiv eattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackp leasenomassiveattackpleasenomassiveattackpleasenom assiveattack

Is it logical to think that if MA is announced that their U.S. tour announcement wouldnt be far behind?

sbessiso
02-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Worst headliners ever.

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Worst headliners ever.

Coachella's headliners kind of suck too. Muse and Jay Z? Its like Casey Kasem is calling the shots or something

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Uh Salah, didn't you say that fake poster with basically the same headliners was the most amazing lineup ever?

sbessiso
02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Im a Jay-z fan so its good for me, but I know him headlining isnt way special. Muse blows buuuuut dont forget us booking gorillaz gives us enough pizazz for the whole lineup

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Is it logical to think that if MA is announced that their U.S. tour announcement wouldnt be far behind?

Of course it's logical, Chimi, but for a night owl like myself the thought of hearing hypnotic basslines, spine tingling build ups and panty dropping whispers at 3am on a farm in the middle of nowhere is temptation at it's finest.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
You have a point Ron. The only thing that irks me about it is they could have easily used a free html template instead of patching it together the way they did. The code on the site is bogus.

Yea for my Vegoose board I had a "preset" inforoo board. I do know pc's but not a lot about web pages and it was really easy and fun. I did try a number of times to be an "official" vegoose board but no one seemed interested. As much as we love our board here, and others, sometimes I think the promoters don't pay squat to what is or isn't said and done on a festival board. cr*****

Aurgasm
02-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Of course it's logical, Chimi, but for a night owl like myself the thought of hearing hypnotic basslines, spine tingling build ups and panty dropping whispers at 3am on a farm in the middle of nowhere is temptation at it's finest.

Well said.

liquidsnake28
Found it, ok not most amazing thing ever but

That lineup is good.

Like really fucking good.

OMG

that lineup would be the greatest
That lineup went roger water, neil young, dmb, kol, stevie, mmj, flaming lips ...

faxman75
Worst headliners ever.

Not Even Close. There are tons of festivals with worse headliners.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 12:49 PM

It has to be late night if they play, right? I can't think of anything more umm how do I say this without sounding gay....I can't MAGICAL! It might even end up being cooler than the NIN late night set/final show pscyhe out.

I don't think it's likely though.

sbessiso
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
I dont have to explain myself

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I should stop coming in this thread. Jesus.

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Salah are you reading what D just said??

faxman75
02-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I dont have to explain myself

That's right Salah, you don't! Do you already have your FL Wilco Tix?

faxman75
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
.....I'm not good in a crowd I got skills I can't speak of Things I've seen will chase me to the grave I'm not good in a crowd......

canexplain
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I should stop coming in this thread. Jesus.

Yea go away grouchy .... cr*****

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
uhh, more like I need a cold shower.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Then Hope Sandoval will hit the stage for Paradise Circus.....ahhhhh

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 01:01 PM
She's purdy. :thu

sbessiso
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Salah are you reading what D just said??

Nothing I havent seen before

That's right Salah, you don't! Do you already have your FL Wilco Tix?

I sure do!!!

But faxy....my friend was online the SECOND tickets went onsale but somehow she was shut out of getting GA floor, it was all sold out. So we had to settle for GA orchestra which is seated. I was insanely furious at first but im over it, I still wish I could be up front but we'll have a good time in the seats too

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Oh man Salah.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 01:10 PM
But faxy....my friend was online the SECOND tickets went onsale but somehow she was shut out of getting GA floor, it was all sold out. So we had to settle for GA orchestra which is seated. I was insanely furious at first but im over it, I still wish I could be up front but we'll have a good time in the seats too

GA Orchestra should still be close enough to see. Did you watch the Ashes DVD yet?

Back to Massive Attack. I haven't kept up with the thread here on the new album but I love it. I have been hearing elsewhere some people who love them do not like the new album at all. I think it's more mainstream than the previous albums but I don't see what's not to like if you enjoy these guys.

scoop49er
02-04-2010, 01:12 PM
im watching highlights from the hard rock calling festival 09 and if anyone can get the neil young performance of "down by the river" on here that would be cool..

fucking amazing stuff!!!

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34361

The thread is only 9 pages, faxy.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
im watching highlights from the hard rock calling festival 09 and if anyone can get the neil young performance of "down by the river" on here that would be cool..

fucking amazing stuff!!!

Yea scoop, I don't rave about many bands but Neil has always held a special place for me in music. A lot of people think of "Old Man" "A man needs a maid" (both of which I love btw) and have no idea how he rocks. His vocals are not up to the best but they are like Dylan vocals, it's just him. His guitar, I would put him up with the top 20 anyday. Lastly, he is just an artist that gives a fuck, about his fans, his music, his politics, and his wife. One fine gentleman and artist in my book. cr****

Boourns
02-04-2010, 01:41 PM

fucking amazing stuff!!!

Seen that footage...absolutely brilliant, as was the song at Glasto.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34361

The thread is only 9 pages, faxy.

Thankz zzzz.

MissingPerson
02-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Arcade Fire seem likely.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Same dude reiterated this sentiment a while back, and he's not prone to flights of whimsical fantasy, so they look very likely indeed.

no..

Gribbz
02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Same dude reiterated this sentiment a while back, and he's not prone to flights of whimsical fantasy, so they look very likely indeed.

:pulse

faxman75
02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Very good to hear. I'm not the biggest Arcade Fire fan but I like them. The show you saw in Phoenix Park sounds like it was wonderful.

Maybe a late night Arcade Fire set peforming funeral. I just want artists to perform albums from start to finish apparently.

Gribbz
They're really good live Fax. I wasn't even a fan when I saw them at Coachella... didn't know who they were actually. Ha.

faxman75
no..

Ron, be nice. Corrina isn't fighting with you in this thread, she's just pointing out Arcade Fire are possible. sheeesh

faxman75
02-04-2010, 02:33 PM
They're really good live Fax.

I would know, I have seen them twice. Funeral is a sentimental favorite with all kinds of crazy personal meaning that is sirius bizness. ;)

Gribbz
02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I would know, I have seen them twice. ;)

Oh, it sounded like you weren't too familiar with them.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh, it sounded like you weren't too familiar with them.

I also added more to my comment. I was just being snarky.

sbessiso
02-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Ohhh man the board will be pissed if this is true

MissingPerson
02-04-2010, 03:00 PM
They were awesome in Phoenix Park, yes.

oxgBBb7vfHU

Like, I'm not saying they're a lock for Bonnaroo or anything, but the guy tends overwhelmingly to be right about things regarding them, so we'll see.

suprefan
02-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Ohhh man the board will be pissed if this is true

Those hippies will come back and spam the board like they did in 06 because they got Radiohead.

amyzzz
02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Please don't remind me of 06 :nono

sbessiso
02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Thats right, I forgot Inforoo was pissed about Radiohead. What 'tards

HandBanana
02-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Holy crap, inforoo is like getting stabbed in the eye with a robot dick that spews ugly design.

suprefan
02-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Thats right, I forgot Inforoo was pissed about Radiohead. What 'tards

Well, they actually invaded and started hating on Coachella because they got Radiohead, and all we got was Depeche Mode and Tool to headline. Wait, we got Daft Punk, nvm..... In the end those hippies figured it out and got on the Radiohead train after that 2 1/2 hour set.

Alligator Bogaloo
02-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Holy crap, inforoo is like getting stabbed in the eye with a robot dick that spews ugly design.

Yes, this annoys me to no end. I hate their design. Stupid hippies and their poorly designed message board. They should worry more about their design and less about people cursing and talking about drugs. Stupid hippies.

I would start with Music Of My Mind and Talking Book.

faxman75
02-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I just got home and here's the Stevie Discography. I start with Talking Book and hit random....Superstition to kick things off, this is gonna be a fun night.

HandBanana
02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Man. This Stevie talk better pan out.
(Fingers crossed)

faxman75
02-04-2010, 04:08 PM
It's win win HB, if he's not on the bonnaroo lineup we just switch back to going to Glasto!

HandBanana
02-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Yes, but I can do the whole Roo trip for what air to Glasto costs...

sbessiso
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
exactly

faxman75
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Oh we both know that but if need be, Glastonbury can most definitely happen.

HandBanana
02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Def

canexplain
02-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Don't you hate when it comes down to just money. The Mile High Festival was ok the last two years but not even close to Coachella or the Roo, but it was 4 miles from my house, so it goes .... Going to Glasto would be better then any of these though because it is a Europe trip to boot, but yea again, $$$ ... cr*****

Ron, be nice. Corrina isn't fighting with you in this thread, she's just pointing out Arcade Fire are possible. sheeesh

I wasn't being mean I just think that they won't be at Bonnaroo. Ya know something too, and I won't say whom, but someone sent me a pm telling me how really nice Corrina is irl and they didn't really know why we seem to clash. Such is life eh. cr*****

faxman75
02-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Oh, Ron.

scoop49er
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Bonnaroo usually does not match Coachella's lineup...

its the experience... totally different from coachella's....

Bonnaroo is amazing for that.....

lineup wise coachella beats them yearly but coachella just cant beat them on the roo owning the farm and making it so cool....

just fucking go and live it up! its worth it...

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
For once I agree with scooper.

scoop49er
02-04-2010, 05:00 PM
:) miracles can happen! yeah! :)

suprefan
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM

So? Glasto will make Roo seem ''small''..

HandBanana
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Right but its not so much a choice right now.
I dont think I can afford Glasto either way. :(

MissingPerson
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks for that, Faxman.

canexplain
02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Check this out. It also cost 7k lbs last year for two (so like $9,000, I think), but it's pretty cool. A place to camp at Glastonbury. cr*****

http://www.campkerala.com/

Alligator Bogaloo
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM

lineup wise coachella beats them yearly but coachella just cant beat them on the roo owning the farm and making it so cool....

If you can't duct it, fuck it!

ZackQ
02-04-2010, 07:14 PM

I love everything about the Coachella experience. How is Bonnaroo's different/better?

liquidsnake28
02-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Bonnaroo is so much better than coachella. I don't even know where to start. The best way I can summarize it is with MMJ. In 08 they played both festivals. Compare those two performances, that's the difference between the two fests. The coachella set had perfect weather with a nice pretty sunset and it was a short set. The bonnaroo set was pouring down rain for a portion of it and they played forever, really late into the night/morning in what most consider to be their best set ever.

Mr. Dylanja
02-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Bonnaroo = Timmeh's viagra

sbessiso
02-05-2010, 02:28 AM
I dont know man, besides the late night sets and all the shit going on late at night I feel like Bonnaroo really wastes all the space they have. Its something I noticed last year when comparing it to coachella

coachella is smaller but fits all that jaw dropping amazing artwork onto the fields. The only "art" I noticed at roo last year were those cheesy fireflies they set up next to one of the tents.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 06:06 AM
It looks like COS is confident that all of the following will be on the lineup.

Flaming Lips
Jay-Z
Kings of Leon
Dave Matthews Band
Stevie Wonder
Paul Simon
Neil Young

That's not too bad. I would watch maybe half of those.

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 06:20 AM
The artwork at coachella is definitely much more impressive, I'll give you that. However I don't think the wasting space thing is fair. It's such a huge place so of course there's going to be lots of open space and if they can't get these awesome art installations then why fill up the open fields with a bunch of crap? It's a music festival, not a music and arts festival.

gooftroop
02-05-2010, 06:40 AM
The artwork at coachella is definitely much more impressive, I'll give you that. However I don't think the wasting space thing is fair. It's such a huge place so of course there's going to be lots of open space and if they can't get these awesome art installations then why fill up the open fields with a bunch of crap? It's a music festival, not a music and arts festival.

Correction, Bonnaroo IS a music and arts festival. Don't know where you're getting that info from. Bonnaroo does have a good number of art installations, a lot of them are in the campgrounds though. Regardless the art at Coachella is far superior, Bonnaroo uses a lot of their space for merchants while Coachella does not at all (more space for art then). Either way to say one is WAY better than the other is to misjudge, I've been to both an equal number of times and always have a blast at both. Bonnaroo has always been more of an collective experience while Coachella transports you to a fantasy wonderland for 12 hours a day...then you go chill in the campgrounds (which are fun but nothing like the roo's, though that should change some this year). Coachella always gets the more rare acts as well which I love, but if one act plays both festivals you can bet many times the Bonnaroo set was even better if nothing else just for the length. No band gets less than an hour usually, and there's a lot more time for setup too.

Regardless of lineup I will be at both this year. If massive attack and/or arcade fire are there I will be overjoyed (why do some not want that?). Neil Young would be amazing too. It's going to be good, but no matter what comes out next week it is going to get ragged on by lots of board members here. It doesn't matter though, as they both happen to be two of the best weekends of the year.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 06:45 AM
If massive attack and/or arcade fire are there I will be overjoyed (why do some not want that?).

Because it would cause them to spend a ton of money to attend the fest that they would otherwise be skipping this year.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 07:18 AM

Flaming Lips
Jay-Z
Kings of Leon
Dave Matthews Band
Stevie Wonder
Paul Simon
Neil Young

That's not too bad. I would watch maybe half of those.
None of those would get me to the roo.

Mr. Dylanja
02-05-2010, 07:21 AM

Flaming Lips
Jay-Z
Kings of Leon
Dave Matthews Band
Stevie Wonder
Paul Simon
Neil Young
MPeezy :pulse

I'd go for one of them in particular but would watch Stevie and Neil for sure.

scoop49er
02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
I love everything about the Coachella experience. How is Bonnaroo's different/better?

its very different in the aspect of its a community for 4 days. coachella is clean and nice so its very comfortable for people.. and i love that about coachella as the scenery and the views and the whole setup is great..

bonnaroo is on a farm and you have to go through it to appreciate it. just like people adore glatonbury. its a different type of feel. it can be muddy, the nashville heat sitcks to you, but when its 2am and you are at a latenight and knowing it just goes on and on, its just a great feeling. plus all the vendors and people that turn it into a hippie community for 4 days... its a great festival... im 39, hispanic and look like a member of Cypress hill with my all black attire and goatee, so if someone like myself can be totally into it and accept it and love it, then pretty much anyone can.. :)

faxman75
02-05-2010, 07:26 AM
I'd go for one of them in particular but would watch Stevie and Neil for sure.

I wish MPeezy would be there. :(

From that list

Flaming Lips
Stevie Wonder
Jay-Z

and Neil Young though i'm pretty NY ignorant I wll do my homework before then. Add MMJ, Arcade Fire and Massive Attack, it's going to be in serious competition with the Coachella lineup.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Out of that list Stevie and Neil make it a lock.

MMJ would have me over the moon, especially with a long late-night set (so jealous of you guys that caught that 2008 set)

The rest of that list I could take or leave, but I get those and we are there.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 07:27 AM
MP would probably get me there too; that's why I asked if AF would get her there. :thu

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Does Neil still do "After the Goldrush" live? Even tho its no longer 'the nineteen-seventies"?
Cuz that would be rad.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Wait, who's MP?

canexplain
02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Does Neil still do "After the Goldrush" live? Even tho its no longer 'the nineteen-seventies"?
Cuz that would be rad.

Yea he does, he just changes the lyrics ... cr*****

faxman75
02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Wait, who's MP?

I think we should let Ron answer this one.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
I know this isn't the Radiohead thread but can I just say Thom Yorke's solo cd bores me to tears.

canexplain
02-05-2010, 07:40 AM
I think we should let Ron answer this one.

smug creatin or daughter of smug :) cr*****

faxman75
02-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Thank you, Ron. That never gets old.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 07:47 AM
MP = MissingPerson = Gemma from Ireland
Gemma is almost always nice and very clever, HUGE Arcade Fire fan

also miscorrections = Corinna from USA
Corinna is almost always sassy (or even outright mean) and clever

I like them both

Yes I know I am the buzzkill here.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 07:58 AM
:nono

BIG TIME

liquidsnake28
02-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Correction, Bonnaroo IS a music and arts festival. Don't know where you're getting that info from.

Really? That's lame. I'm too lazy to check. I guess with the comedy and movies it could be considered an art festival but that's a little misleading.

I know this isn't the Radiohead thread but can I just say Thom Yorke's solo cd bores me to tears.

Same with me. I would not be able to get excited about a Thom Yorke ???? show and I love Flea too.

Roo is much more unpredictable with all the guest appearances and the superjam (it still baffles me that they didn't have it last year.) Pretty much the only surprise we got was Jimmy Buffett which is kind of a joke. Definitely the biggest letdown of last year was the scheduling and how (other than NIN) they totally butchered the late nights.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Phoenix was incredible late night as was NIN but I also heard MGMT was too. What would you have liked better about late nights last year? What happened to the superjam last year? I remember us getting e-mail confirmation that said rest assured it was happening but it never did, right?

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Bonnaroo is so much better than coachella. I don't even know where to start. The best way I can summarize it is with MMJ. In 08 they played both festivals. Compare those two performances, that's the difference between the two fests. The coachella set had perfect weather with a nice pretty sunset and it was a short set. The bonnaroo set was pouring down rain for a portion of it and they played forever, really late into the night/morning in what most consider to be their best set ever.

complete and "udder" bullshit.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Really? That's lame. I'm too lazy to check. I guess with the comedy and movies it could be considered an art festival but that's a little misleading.

Yeah, it's in the title on the main page. It has movies and those big giant heads. Do they remove those heads after the fest or do they keep them up year round?

suprefan
02-05-2010, 08:07 AM

Ok, but who says the songs live even sound like they do on the album? They do not by any means. You should download one of the recordings from the october shows.

C DUB YA
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I LIKE Yhom solo, I don't LOVE Thom solo.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I keep hoping Ron is a good guy. I'm rooting for him here.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I LIKE Yhom solo, I don't LOVE Thom solo.
I love Thom solo. My husband likes Thom solo better than Radiohead (which I think is slightly blasphemous, but still). I love all the glitchy beats and the humming. The humming makes me mad with joy.

canexplain
02-05-2010, 08:15 AM
MP = MissingPerson = Gemma from Ireland
Gemma is almost always nice and very clever, HUGE Arcade Fire fan

also miscorrections = Corinna from USA
Corinna is almost always sassy (or even outright mean) and clever

I like them both

Yes I know I am the buzzkill here.

I am going to print this out and post it on my real wall :) .... Hey I am a good guy, I just say what I think sometimes (without thinking in the process). After a while you sort of don't care if the entire world likes you, you just be yourself and let the fur fly. cr******

BlackSwan
02-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Jay-Z. Kings of Leon. Dave Matthews Band. Stevie Wonder. Chromeo and Hall & Oats Late Night.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Hall & Oates late night would be a lock for me on its own

ZackQ
02-05-2010, 08:39 AM
its very different in the aspect of its a community for 4 days. coachella is clean and nice so its very comfortable for people.. and i love that about coachella as the scenery and the views and the whole setup is great..

bonnaroo is on a farm and you have to go through it to appreciate it. just like people adore glatonbury. its a different type of feel. it can be muddy, the nashville heat sitcks to you, but when its 2am and you are at a latenight and knowing it just goes on and on, its just a great feeling. plus all the vendors and people that turn it into a hippie community for 4 days... its a great festival... im 39, hispanic and look like a member of Cypress hill with my all black attire and goatee, so if someone like myself can be totally into it and accept it and love it, then pretty much anyone can.. :)

I don't think my personality matches with Bonnaroo very well. I'd rather watch music on the polo fields as the sun sets than a 3 hour mammoth set in the mud at 2 a.m. I don't like extended drug trips, and I like to sleep six hours a night minimum.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Hall & Oates late night would be a lock for me on its own
:cat

faxman75
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I got between 5 -6 hours most nights, when it got too uncomfortably hot I would go to the movie tent but watching music at 2am is pretty damn great.

However, I would take the Coachella grounds over the Bonnaroo grounds any day. I love the lush green grass of Coachella and the Roo definitely had a less comfortable setting, especially the stage NIN and the YYY's played on (which?) during the Yeah yeah yeah's it was pretty disgusting. Oh and I remember Brandon took a picture of one of the tents. There was a huge mud hole in the middle of it. I'll take a beautiful Coachella night any day over that mess.

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
The late night shows were so awesome last year.

Also, Hall & Oates was my very first concert EVER back in 1987.

HandBanana
02-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Im still nursing my wounds from the Hall & Oates Coachella rumor last year.

Felt like Charlie Brown after trying to kick that football :(

LooseAtTheZoo
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Phoenix was incredible late night as was NIN but I also heard MGMT was too. What would you have liked better about late nights last year? What happened to the superjam last year? I remember us getting e-mail confirmation that said rest assured it was happening but it never did, right?

They had confirmed the Superjam was happening (I emailed them) but I never saw it. The only thing I heard of was way early Sunday morning (5-6 am) it was Trent Rexnor, Warren Haynes, Grace Potter, and some other person in one of the tents