02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I got so excited for a split second when I saww this

http://i.imgur.com/6SIFM.png

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Rise Against huh...interesting...

Leeartlee
Tori is a way better fit for Coachella and I'm pissed that Bonnaroo got her instead. That being said, I can't believe anyone would spend money on this piece of shit.

I always thought it odd she's never been to Coachella. She puts on one hell of a show. That is, of course, if you don't detest her as many people do.

beavington
Chromeo is nowhere on the page. Why do you guys keep bringing up bands that haven't been announced yet? What's the fucking rush?

why do you care so much?

Monklish
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
It just makes no sense. Clearly the dude is updating the list as the names get actually announced by the festival.

Cuddlesthesheep
i read chromeo this morning when i was half asleep somewhere.. dont remember..

J~$$$$
cant go for that. cant go for that.

Aurgasm
Official Craparoo as it stands (act in bold is the latest official announcement):

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton

According to CoS: Chromeo w/Darryl Hall Blitzen Trapper Mumford & Sons Calexico The Gaslight Anthem Aterciopelados Alison Krauss & Union Station

There is some info here about other acts that havent yet been announced by Bonnaroo (http://www.billboard.com/events/bonnaroo-2010-lineup-topped-by-jay-z-stevie-1004066106.story#/events/bonnaroo-2010-lineup-topped-by-jay-z-stevie-1004066106.story)

And CoS Twitter is ahead of the game with a few acts (http://twitter.com/CosLive)

beavington
02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I always thought it odd she's never been to Coachella. She puts on one hell of a show. That is, of course, if you don't detest her as many people do.

there are more that when i look at them i say why havent they played Coachella. the biggest one is PJ Harvey.

superfiction
cos announced it. dunno where they got it from

Cuddlesthesheep
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/20229000/ngbbs4ae2d79d92aab.jpg

M Sparks
The clock thing...insanely stupid. I appreciate the misguided idea, it's the actual animations that are mind boggling. The anti-drug lobbys should just show this Flash animation on TV with the caption "If you smoke too much pot, you might think this is a good idea."

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
deadmau5

Leeartlee
02-09-2010, 02:48 PM

gooftroop
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
deadmau5

Good now I can miss him at Coachella if needed. That will def be a good show at the Roo, let's hope they get a few more electronic acts though. A lot better than Oakenfold or Tiesto though, yeesh.

M Sparks
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
"OK, so, like, this guy will have a hamburger, and then an old timey crook in a crook uniform will steal the burger, and that's how we will announce Deadmau5. No man, like the HamCrookler from the old Wendy's commercial, man.

paulb
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
yawn

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Alison Krauss & Union Station

gooftroop
02-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Already like 10 overlapped artists between the 2 fests, how many more will there be I wonder? Pavement would definitely be huge. As of now it is underwhelming but far from terrible.

This is a pretty annoying way to announce the lineup though, stupid animations and all. Just tell us already!!

superfiction
02-09-2010, 02:54 PM
blech

faxman75
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
What does everybody think about the way they released the lineup today? I don't think we've heard the same opinion from everyone yet.

J~$$$$
02-09-2010, 02:57 PM
OMG! WHO WAS JUST ANNOUNCED!!!? IM SOOOO LOST!

Leeartlee
This is a pretty annoying way to announce the lineup though, stupid animations and all. Just tell us already!!

Well, in theory, you could have just checked tomorrow and seen the full lineup then. What's the difference?

Having said that, I think the animation/sound effects/using myspace thing is a complete fucking fail.

superfiction
What does everybody think about the way they released the lineup today? I don't think we've heard the same opinion from everyone yet.

i think its both inventive and fun. im really enjoying the way it brings our board together!

faxman75
02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I wish Coachella was more like Roo. Roo just gives us the lineup on the date they say.

J~$$$$
i think its both inventive and fun. im really enjoying the way it brings our board together!

We are so bffs now.

hawkingvsreeve
The only thing that could get me to Bonnaroo would be R. Kelly doing Trapped In the Closet from start to finish. The rest of this thing is fucking terrible.

faxman75
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm still holding out hope for old man Waters to do that Wall thing he wants to do.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM

it'd be awesome if the lineup was good

OMG! WHO WAS JUST ANNOUNCED!!!? IM SOOOO LOST!

Dude. get off the thread then if you're so adept at keeping up to date with the announcements.

I've said this before, i basically got the day off work to watch this and I think its nice that we keep an organized list.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Official Craparoo as it stands (act in bold is the latest official announcement):

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue

According to CoS: LCD Soundsystem, Kris Kristofferson, Chromeo w/Darryl Hall Aterciopelados Alison Krauss & Union Station

There is some info here about other acts that havent yet been announced by Bonnaroo (http://www.billboard.com/events/bonnaroo-2010-lineup-topped-by-jay-z-stevie-1004066106.story#/events/bonnaroo-2010-lineup-topped-by-jay-z-stevie-1004066106.story)

And CoS Twitter is ahead of the game with a few acts (http://twitter.com/CosLive)

weeklymix
Blitzen Trapper

M Sparks
That dog/goat thing totally stole that luchador's pants.

J~$$$$

Dude. get off the thread then if you're so adept at keeping up to date with the announcements.

I've said this before, i basically got the day off work to watch this and I think its nice that we keep an organized list.

But its so confusing, good thing you are here to help us out Assgasm.

sin213
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
and Calexico

uh oh. fax is gonna have to go to roo this year now...

:D

Leeartlee
That dog/goat thing totally stole that luchador's pants.

I thought it was a bear... maybe I should step away from the computer for a second.

faxman75

:nono

Maybe it's all the updating but I think you missed some sarcasm in both of them posts there.

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
twitter lineup announcement>>>myspace lineup announcement

Aurgasm

i've never understood his obsession with that band. He can see them play dozens of times a year if wanted. Maybe living in Tucson burned me out on them.

faxman75

lol they are in Tucson early April. I would be ok to miss them, though I may still go depending on the rest.

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
hate hate HATE calexico

Aurgasm
Maybe it's all the updating but I think you missed some sarcasm in both of them posts there.
Whatever man i ignored him, I can care less. 8^)

hawkingvsreeve
hate hate HATE calexico

Kids these days.

sin213
02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
i've never understood his obsession with that band. He can see them play dozens of times a year if wanted. Maybe living in Tucson burned me out on them.

me neither. they are good..but not good enough to follow around.

lol they are in Tucson early April. I would be ok to miss them, though I may still go depending on the rest.

as long as you get your fix, right? ;)

J~$$$$
8_ ^ {

JustSteve
so how much you think this shit costs???

http://www.bonnaroo.com/totalaccess/Default.aspx

faxman75
02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
me neither. they are good..but not good enough to follow around.

as long as you get your fix, right? ;)

Sure. I see them 3-4 times a year the past few years. Always a great show. I've never left disapointed.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
LCD according to cos twitter

sin213
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM

more than anyone should spend on a festival, no doubt...

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
LCD will be festival whores this year

Cuddlesthesheep
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
i feel there will be a jump in ticket sales for coachella now that this disappointing lineup is release.

HandBanana
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
This is pretty cool

LCD Soundsystem and Kris Kristofferson confirmed for Roo.

Most likely playing separately

Gribbz
02-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Not as much as Pavement or The Dead Weather.

J~$$$$

If I had money to burn id do it.

superfiction
id say theyll be on par with pavement. call it a hunch.

ZackQ
02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Not as much as Pavement or The Dead Weather.

Or my ex-girlfriend...that hateful bitch....God I wish she'd call.

canexplain
02-09-2010, 03:12 PM

jay-z ............... cr*****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2010, 03:17 PM

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons

According to CoS: LCD Soundsystem, Kris Kristofferson, Chromeo w/Darryl Hall Aterciopelados Alison Krauss & Union Station

there is just no way that's the final line up. Or the final headers. Some interesting things in there for sure but otherwise it's kind of a uninspired line up.

M Sparks
02-09-2010, 03:19 PM
HOWD THEY GET TROMBONE SHORTY!?!

psycobetabuckdown
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Something's not computing with me - I don't think this lineup's that bad. Compared to Coachella it's not great, but still a good festival already. Flaming Lips, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, Damian Marley and Nas, looks pretty worthwhile to me. I'd also be excited about John Fogerty, Isis, Weezer (cautiously, I know), Allison Krauss, Melvins, and all the Coachella bands on the lineup. Is it really that bad?

edit: I'd agree with TCHY that it's "uninspired" - although I like that they booked legends like Fogerty and Wonder along with the Dark Side of the Moon performance.

I'm not going this year or anything, and it's not good enough to entice me to make it my first Bonnaroo, but it's not bad

Queenie Cupcakes
I don't know if Kings of Leon are confirmed but I read this article on Consequence of Sound and it says that only Nathan Followill is playing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/10/arts/music/10arts-PERFORMERSNA_BRF.html

Monklish
there is just no way that's the final line up. Or the final headers. Some interesting things in there for sure but otherwise it's kind of a uninspired line up.

Well it's only 62 names so far (give or take a couple). How many does Bonnaroo usually come in at?

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Something's not computing with me - I don't think this lineup's that bad. Compared to Coachella it's not great, but still a good festival already. Flaming Lips, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, Damian Marley and Nas, looks pretty worthwhile to me. I'd also be excited about John Fogerty, Isis, Weezer (cautiously, I know), Allison Krauss, Melvins, and all the Coachella bands on the lineup. Is it really that bad?

its not bad but theres nothing that makes it worht booking a flight to go to

darksideofkaos.
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue just announced. That just put roo over the top for me... No need to follow anymore

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 03:22 PM

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Baroness Julia Nunes

darksideofkaos.
02-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Well it's only 62 names so far (give or take a couple). How many does Bonnaroo usually come in at?

I think I read that there should be around 70-75. That doesn't seem like that many artists though.

Leeartlee
02-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Where are you guys seeing Stevie Wonder?

darksideofkaos.
Baroness just announced

Monklish
Finally something Brandon likes.

vinylmartyr
02-09-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm probably the only one that thinks this but the Flaming Lips playing Dark Side Of The Moon is kinda lame. It will probably be fun though.

superfiction
i thought baroness was announced this morning?

hawkingvsreeve
BARONESS

Aurgasm
Where are you guys seeing Stevie Wonder?

go up a bit and click on that billboard link under the current lineup i posted

superfiction
I'm probably the only one that thinks this but the Flaming Lips playing Dark Side Of The Moon is kinda lame. It will probably be fun though.

i agree. i didnt care for the album

Monklish
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I think I read that there should be around 70-75. That doesn't seem like that many artists though.

Is that like, just for this round of announces or for the whole fest? Anybody who goes to Bonnaroo regularly have any idea how many names they usually book? How many stages is it? I mean they run a 3.5 day fest with late night too, so you'd think they'd need about the same number of acts to fill up the weekend as Coach. Or do the extra long sets negate all that?

hawkingvsreeve
I mean the lineup still sucks shit when you take out the Coachella bands. But at least they have a couple good bands.

faxman75

No, you're not. I think it will be ruined by Wayne bantering. I heard on NYE he had everyone sync their cell phone alarms to go off when Time started. That alone annoyed me but yet, I still want to see it.

roberto73

155 on last year's poster.

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Trombone Shorty is pretty nice.

hawkingvsreeve
Is that like, just for this round of announces or for the whole fest? Anybody who goes to Bonnaroo regularly have any idea how many names they usually book? How many stages is it? I mean they run a 3.5 day fest with late night too, so you'd think they'd need about the same number of acts to fill up the weekend as Coach. Or do the extra long sets negate all that?

Some bands play twice over the weekend. Usually the smaller ones on the less official stages.

psycobetabuckdown
its not bad but theres nothing that makes it worht booking a flight to go to

Yeah and I guess that's the point of a destination festival. But if I lived within driving distance (12 hours?) of Bonnaroo I'd be there, and probably not at Coachella. That's based on my extremely limited budget of course.

darksideofkaos.
02-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Artists get full sets a Bonnaroo. Nine Inch Nails played for almost three hours last year

faxman75
02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Artists get full sets a Bonnaroo. Nine Inch Nails played for almost three hours last year

They played for 2:15 last year.

darksideofkaos.
155 on last year's poster.

Yeah that seems more accurate lol. I think I may have been mistaken and read that they had only announced 70-75 so far

LooseAtTheZoo
I saw less music in four days of Bonnaroo then I did at Coachella, notwithstanding "full sets" at Bonnaroo

Monklish
My thoughts on this way of releasing a lineup are that it's actually kinda cool for people like us who have nothing better to do and aren't too emotionally invested in the lineup. If Coach tried to do it this way, holy shit, we would lose our fucking MINDS. But for a festival that's only just a maybe for us, it's kinda fun in a way. We get to hang out in this thread, compile lists, talk about bands, check tweets and shit--just totally festival geek out. We get to talk shit on the lineup in a metered way--"Now let's shit all over THIS booking. 5:30 til we shit all over the next booking, guys!"

bdfsh
monk youre an idiot shut up

Mr.Nipples
02-09-2010, 03:30 PM
TROMBONER

J~$$$$
02-09-2010, 03:30 PM
My thoughts on this way of releasing a lineup are that it's actually kinda cool for people like us who have nothing better to do and aren't too emotionally invested in the lineup. If Coach tried to do it this way, holy shit, we would lose our fucking MINDS. But for a festival that's only just a maybe for us, it's kinda fun in a way. We get to hang out in this thread, compile lists, talk about bands, check tweets and shit--just totally festival geek out. We get to talk shit on the lineup in a metered way--"Now let's shit all over THIS booking. 5:30 til we shit all over the next booking, guys!"

neeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdd ddddddddd

canexplain
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM

Go to the FAQ for those answers
or this link .....
http://www.bonnaroo.com/info/information.aspx

isn't that what we tell the n00bies here ..... cr*****

Monklish
155? Okay, so that was about 10 more than at Coach in 09, right? We had something in the 140s... or was it 150?

roberto73
Yeah and I guess that's the point of a destination festival. But if I lived within driving distance (12 hours?) of Bonnaroo I'd be there, and probably not at Coachella. That's based on my extremely limited budget of course.

This is why I'll probably be going to Bonnaroo. I can only afford one fest this year, and now that I'm on the other side of the country from Coachella, Bonnaroo's my leading choice. Marginally cheaper ticket w/ camping included + 3 hour drive is more palatable than ticket + airfare + hotel + rental car.

I'm not blown away by the lineup so far, but I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll be unveiling bigger names as the evening continues.

Monklish
02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
neeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdd ddddddddd

Miss ya, bud. Hey, you know any people in IT out in CO?

ShyGuy75
a jack white/jeff beck jam session should be at the top of this poster when it gets released.

Leeartlee
go up a bit and click on that billboard link under the current lineup i posted

Ahh, it's on billboard, got it. I'm missing all sorts of things today ;)

God I wish Coachella would get him. That would be a dream.

J~$$$$
02-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Miss ya, bud. Hey, you know any people in IT out in CO?

yes.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 03:33 PM

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Baroness Julia Nunes Here We Go Magic Tinariwen The Disco Biscuits

Mr.Nipples
02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
gaynus in that anus

Jremy
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I would have killed myself long ago, if coachella released their lineup in the way Bonnaroo is this year.
A countdown! Just so i can listen to Mexican folk music, while some shitty flash animation tells me the next band I have 0 interest in seeing.
Fuck whoever the headliners are, i'm skipping roo for this reason alone.

JK, I hope they announce someone big, i was hoping to check it out this year...

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:36 PM

are you having a girls night later? jesus when did you go soft

psycobetabuckdown
02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Rare indeed is the artist with the virtuosity to draw the unqualified respect of some of the most iconic legends in jazz and the ability to deliver a high-energy funk rock show capable of mesmerizing international rock stars. Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews is one such artist - and there is no one else like him.

Worst wikipedia article ever

psycobetabuckdown
02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
are you having a girls night later? jesus when did you go soft

yeah i'm pretty sure that's not randy

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I would have killed myself long ago, if coachella released their lineup in the way Bonnaroo is this year.
A countdown! Just so i can listen to Mexican folk music, while some shitty flash animation tells me the next band I have 0 interest in seeing.

you can turn the sound off

or go here http://bonnaroo.prodlabs.com/artists.xml and enable an auto-refresh every 5 minutes.

or subscribe to twitter.

darksideofkaos.
02-09-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm starting the petition... Fuck Bonnaroo for the Mexican Folk Music: I'm Not Going

P.S. its Polka

WhyTheLongFace
02-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Only non-Coachella acts I'm excited for are Nas + Damien Marley, Black Keys, Cudi, Stevie Wonder, & Flaming Lips. So so far not enough to go all the way out there including airfare but is the lineup only half done?

faxman75
02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Rumor has it this finished up around 10PM eastern tonight.

here we go magic, though they confirmed a week ago because they were too dumb to get the date for this right.

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
4 more hours of this garbage? ugh

HAMMERHEAD
02-09-2010, 03:43 PM
does this make anybody else that much happier to have spent their money on coachella? not that bonaroo was ever a consideration for me (finances, time, etc) but its nice to know our little festival in the desert still has it.

weeklymix
Yeah I'm going to go get a bite to eat if it's another 4 hours.

WhyTheLongFace
Tinariwen

C DUB YA

I think the album is very lame

weeklymix
does this make anybody else that much happier to have spent their money on coachella? not that bonaroo was ever a consideration for me (finances, time, etc) but its nice to know our little festival in the desert still has it.

Coachella is not little.

ZackQ
02-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Coachella is not little.

Right, it's a good size. Right? What's average?

canexplain
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
yeah i'm pretty sure that's not randy

It took me a while a few weeks back ... cr*****

HAMMERHEAD
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Coachella is not little.

it was a term of endearment

Monklish
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
You guys all just using Check4Change on the xml sheet?

canexplain
02-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Right, it's a good size. Right? What's average?

I can wiki this I guess, but coachella and bonnaroo are both around 80k with coachella being a bit smaller. the other fests are in the 45-60k range I think so coachella is one of the biggest fests each summer (sic: spring) .... cr*****

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
coachella is 50k thanks for the great research though

canexplain
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
coachella is 50k thanks for the great research though

I was going on the last 5 years or so. Wasn't 05 or 06 close to the 80k or is Coachella in fact, just some little festival. cr*****

HAMMERHEAD
you guys realize i wasn't actually trying to suggest coachella is a little festival ya?

Gribbz
LCD's facebook page just confirmed Bonnaroo.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Baroness Julia Nunes Here We Go Magic Tinariwen The Disco Biscuits Diane Birch Lucero Isis Miranda Lambert Kris Kristofferson LCD Soundsystem

According to CoS: Les Claypool, Chromeo w/Darryl Hall Aterciopelados Alison Krauss & Union Station

OOOh can I guess? Neil, Wonder, Spoon, BSS, Pavement, and maybe Roger?CoS Twitter

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:53 PM
are we talking per day or over the whole weekend. its aabout 50-60k per day

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 03:53 PM
you guys realize i wasn't actually trying to suggest coachella is a little festival ya?
yea everyone's just pissy cuz this lineup

LCD's facebook page just confirmed Bonnaroo. thanks

http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/archives/177

canexplain
02-09-2010, 03:55 PM
are we talking per day or over the whole weekend. its aabout 50-60k per day

I am not sure what this means. cr*****

Following the 2002 festival, Coachella began to generate large-scale interest, and the 2003 festival featuring Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Beastie Boys (as well as a reunited Iggy Pop and The Stooges) drew the largest crowd yet. (This record, however, was broken by Rage Against the Machine's 2007 reunion performance which drew nearly 100,000 attendees.) Around this time, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival began to develop worldwide interest.

HAMMERHEAD
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
damn 100k in a day?! i wonder what the actual capacity is for the polo fields...

boarderwoozel3
02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
It means you should never go back to that source for info again, it's more than a little inaccurate.

dorkfish
02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
The general consensus is that this lineup blows, right? Just making sure, because it blows.

superfiction
02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
they do not sell 100,000 tickets per day. wherever you are getting this info is bogus

HAMMERHEAD
02-09-2010, 03:59 PM
The general consensus is that this lineup blows, right? Just making sure, because it blows.

i would hope that is the consensus

*edit*

and i wouldn't necessarily say blows...just not as original or solid as coachella's

bobert
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
60,000 a day is what is widely reported to be the capacity. Since Coachella had sold individual tickets all previous years that where you get the skewed statistics about 100,000+ individuals attending over the course of a weekend, but there's never been anywhere close to that attendance in a single day. Ever.

Aurgasm

its painful

canexplain
they do not sell 100,000 tickets per day. wherever you are getting this info is bogus

wiki .........If you know a better source then your pea brain or wiki let me know .... cr******

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:02 PM
CoS says Les Claypool.. not surprsied

bobert
02-09-2010, 04:03 PM
wiki .........If you know a better source then your pea brain or wiki let me know .... cr******

Ron, if you can find any of the LA Times recaps on the festival they always mention this. Goldenvoice releases their statistics on attendance.

superfiction
02-09-2010, 04:03 PM

my pea brain is obviously more reliable than your pea brain as it stands mr 100k a day

WhyTheLongFace
02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Economy doesn't slow Coachella business

Despite rampant unemployment in the area, the Coachella Music and Arts Festival recorded its second highest attendance in its 10-year history last weekend.

The three-day event headlined by Paul McCartney, The Killers and The Cure, drew 160,000 people to the Empire Polo Club in Indio.

“It’s kind of shocking in this world,” said Coachella co-founder Paul Tollett of the Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice promotion company.

The festival drew 180,000 people over three days in 2007 with Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bjork as headliners.

The two-day festival in 2004, featuring Radiohead and The Cure, plus a much anticipated reunion of The Pixies, drew 50,000 people a day and last year’s three-day festival, headlined by Jack Johnson, Prince and Roger Waters, attracted just less than that.

Tollett said attendance last weekend was pretty consistent over all three days. The numbers started to increase, he said, when the weather reports started showing unseasonably low temperatures.

“By Monday, we started seeing a major, major increase,” he said. “Then the last two days just exploded.”

The weather is expected to drop to 86 degrees on Saturday and 84 degrees on Sunday. Tollett expects that to generate an advance sell-out of the Stagecoach Country Music Festival, running those two days at the Empire Polo Club.

“That’s a first for Stagecoach,” said Tollett. “The forecast is looking pretty good.”

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20090420/EVENTS17/90420044/-1/newsfront

Now shut up now. 100K was never at Coachella in one day

WhyTheLongFace
02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Wait nevermind my source is wrong RATM Coachella wasnt 3 days. Well kick me in the nuts. I apologize. Maybe there was a 100K

hawkingvsreeve
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
2007 was three days.

bobert
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
RATM was three days.

WhyTheLongFace
02-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Oh again I am wrong then yeah I was right to begin with. 186/3= 65K approx so with Rage being the most popular day I would guess around 80K Max

WhyTheLongFace
Here's another source
Coachella Beats Recession, Attracts 166,000 For Second-Best Draw in Fest’s History

4/22/09, 1:56 pm EST

Photo: Kravitz/FilmMagic

Thanks to a star-packed lineup anchored by Paul McCartney, Leonard Cohen and the return of My Bloody Valentine, this year’s Coachella enjoyed its second-best attendance ever, attracting roughly 166,000 concertgoers, Billboard reports. The news is a sigh of relief for the entire festival industry, concerns over how the recession would affect the festival biz led to layaway ticket options. Coachella’s 2007 festival, which featured Rage Against the Machine and Red Hot Chili Peppers, remains the event’s most popular year, with a draw of 186,000.

While the economy didn’t prevent the masses from catching performances by Macca and hundreds more, nearly 18 percent of attendants still opted to purchase tickets using Coachella’s payment plan, Billboard reports. Many festivals, like Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and All Points West, have adopted a similar payment approach, while Lollapalooza has stuck with the lump sum method. Still, it was the likely the lineup featuring a member of the Fab Four that most helped Coachella put up the big numbers. “The lineup I thought was really good this year, and we’ve got the momentum of all the years we’ve been going,” Paul Tollett, president of Coachella organizers Goldenvoice, told Billboard.

The actual revenue generated by the 2009 fest hasn’t yet been revealed, but given the higher attendance and the fact that organizers didn’t have to pay Prince $4.8 million to pinch hit like they did in 2008, it’s likely to come close to 2007’s record-setting total of $16.7 million. In addition, Tollett expects Coachella’s sister country festival Stagecoach, being held this weekend at the same spot, to put up record numbers in its third year. Click here for Rolling Stone’s complete Coachella 2009 coverage.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/22/coachella-beats-recession-attracts-166000-for-second-best-draw-in-fests-history/

HandBanana
So if Claypool is playing Bonnaroo, can we not have him at Coachella now?

bobert
02-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh again I am wrong then yeah I was right to begin with. 186/3= 65K approx so with Rage being the most popular day I would guess around 80K Max

Since each day had single tickets, there's no way for them to count individual attendees. They multiply the number of tickets sold by three and report that as the attendance. This will be the first year that anyone's going to get an accurate count on individual attendance.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:14 PM
^he's always touring. i'd love to see him in a festival format though.. wonder if it differs from his club sets

edit: isis, kris kristoferson, miranda lamber added

WhyTheLongFace
02-09-2010, 04:19 PM
So Bonaroo's lineup will be done in 2 hours

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
LCD Soundsystem officially per twitter...

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
LCD Soundsystem officially per twitter...

yea man they've been putting things out on their website/social media for an hour or so

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
yea man they've been putting things out on their website/social media for an hour or so

i meant to put officially per the Roo twitter...

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:27 PM
i meant to put officially per the Roo twitter...

ahhhh understood. See what CoS just wrote on 'Roo's twitter?

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Baroness Julia Nunes Here We Go Magic Tinariwen The Disco Biscuits Diane Birch Lucero Isis Miranda Lambert Kris Kristofferson LCD Soundsystem Brandi Carlile B.O.B Daryl Hall & Chromeo Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros Blues Traveler

According to CoS: Against Me! Les Claypool Aterciopelados Alison Krauss & Union Station

OOOh can I guess? Neil, Wonder, Spoon, BSS, Pavement, and maybe Roger?CoS Twitter posted on Bonnaroo's Twitter...

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 04:30 PM
God it has been an exceptionally long day.

HandBanana
02-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Bonnaroo confirms another faceless, flavorless, female adult contemporary rootsy AOR chick that no one knows...

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:32 PM
God it has been an exceptionally long day.

right?

getting very little done on the side here...hoping this festival turns it up a notch

suprefan
02-09-2010, 04:35 PM

Following the 2002 festival, Coachella began to generate large-scale interest, and the 2003 festival featuring Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Beastie Boys (as well as a reunited Iggy Pop and The Stooges) drew the largest crowd yet. (This record, however, was broken by Rage Against the Machine's 2007 reunion performance which drew nearly 100,000 attendees.) Around this time, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival began to develop worldwide interest.

total b.s., I think they maxed at at under 70k for that day in 07.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM

summed up the last 18 pages of line up announcement nicely.

microcuts

Okay, first off, 2003's record would have been broken the following year since 2004 was the first time the fest SOLD OUT.

That 100,000 figure is also complete BS.

Aurgasm
90 mins left. thank god.

this is completely off topic; but are they bringing back the waterbottles to coach this year? havent seen anything about it yet

HandBanana
Sigh. B.O.B.

Gribbz
Okay, first off, 2003's record would have been broken the following year since 2004 was the first time the fest SOLD OUT.

That 100,000 figure is also complete BS.

But... he read it on Wikipedia.

MonOm
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Bonnaroo confirms another faceless, flavorless, female adult contemporary rootsy AOR chick that no one knows...

I don't really think you get it.

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
This entire lineup has been a perpetual Dick Butt.

Edit:
permanent dick butt
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/21699/original/dbtatto.jpg

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
summed up the last 18 pages of line up announcement nicely.

its mostly bitching and moaning; very little in the way of announcement posts.

and yes, it blows

greghead
02-09-2010, 04:40 PM

Come on, man, use that big brain of your's.

Wiki is user-generated, thus, it is not a terribly reliable source on most topics. I can go right now and edit the page to say that RATM drew a crowd that consisted of 85 people and two grey pigeons, and it will stand until someone else changes it.

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Them Crooked Vultures

superfiction
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
zzzzzzzz

CallMeTigerlilly
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
zzzzzzzz

Not if you're a hippie

LooseAtTheZoo
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I feel like they'll drop one more headliner-worthy name

Aurgasm
Daryl Hall & Chromeo... wtf

i can imagine this sucking really bad.

weeklymix
Wait... Daryll Hall and Chromeo... that's Hall from fucking Hall & Oates? Has anybody heard this stuff?

HandBanana
Daryl Hall and Chromeo confirmed official now

PJandBompton
scratch that...not TCV...

it's Chromeo w/ Hall

HandBanana
02-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Daryl Hall & Chromeo... wtf

i can imagine this sucking really bad.

Its actually really rad

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=daryl+hall+chromeo&search_type=&aq=0&oq=daryl+hall+ch

J~$$$$
02-09-2010, 04:46 PM
YwTw3F_im1Q

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
another coachella band. e sharpe

HAMMERHEAD
02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Its actually really rad

well there had to be something for us to be jealous about. it is really good : /

luckyface
That Chromeo & Hall collab is pretty much the only non-Coachella act that sounds interesting to me thus far.

J~$$$$
No Can Do. Is in my top 10 songs of all time. Chromeo ruined it.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
That Chromeo & Hall collab is pretty much the only non-Coachella act that sounds interesting to me thus far.

and im sure they'll do it at a town near you sometime in the near future

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Why did Tenacious D have to play the year I dont go? Im going to cry a thousand tears

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 04:55 PM
You're late, sir.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 04:55 PM

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Baroness Julia Nunes Here We Go Magic Tinariwen The Disco Biscuits Diane Birch Lucero Isis Miranda Lambert Kris Kristofferson LCD Soundsystem Brandi Carlile B.O.B Daryl Hall & Chromeo Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros Blues Traveler The Temper Trap Michael Franti & Spearhead Dan Deacon Ensemble

According to CoS: Ozomotli Against Me! Les Claypool Aterciopelados Alison Krauss & Union Station

OOOh can I guess? Neil, Wonder, Spoon, BSS, Pavement, and maybe Roger?CoS Twitter posted on Bonnaroo's Twitter...

SoulDischarge
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I can't go for that.

HandBanana
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
No Can Do. Is in my top 10 songs of all time. Chromeo ruined it.

I guess I missed the part of the video where they destroyed the master tapes.

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
lulz

shotglass75
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Why did Tenacious D have to play the year I dont go? Im going to cry a thousand tears

Get your priorities in order son!!!!!

suprefan
02-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I feel like they'll drop one more headliner-worthy name

All thats left would be Waters And The Wall. Or The Rolling Stones. Take your pick.

J~$$$$
02-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I guess I missed the part of the video where they destroyed the master tapes.

Ruined it for "me", handjob.

chiapet
I think Chromeo with Hall is the only thing that made my ears perk up so far. The rest of it is a lot of bands that would be easy to see elsewhere this year (or that I've already seen enough). Jeff Beck and Stevie would be nice. And I'm inclined to think, even though I've not listened to hear in more than a decade, this could be a good format and venue for Tori.

On the other hand, the damned Ultra lineup actually looks a little interesting.

Aurgasm
Temper Trap

suprefan
02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
The Temper Trap

SoulDischarge
02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
No it doesn't. Go see Orbital in SF.

J~$$$$
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Pitchfork....$90.

chiapet
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
No it doesn't. Go see Orbital in SF.

They're playing here when we're at Coachella.

SoulDischarge
02-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Oh. Right. Go see them at Coachella.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
franti and spearhead... puke

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 05:07 PM
There has to be some giant name that will all make us pee ourselves or Bonnaroo will have seemingly sailed a failboat into a hurricane.

FoxeyLady
All thats left would be Waters And The Wall. Or The Rolling Stones. Take your pick.

Or Stevie Wonder, or Neil Young....

Aurgasm
There has to be some giant name that will all make us pee ourselves or Bonnaroo will have seemingly sailed a failboat into a hurricane.

Well..lets see. there are about 23 announcements left, max...(according to their release schedule)

MissingPerson
sailed a failboat into a hurricane.

Nice one.

amyzzz
02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I guess I'm glad that Bonnaroo is not tempting me this year.

GrossMagic
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I really wanted to go to Bonnaroo this year but I don't see why I would with this line up.

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Get your priorities in order son!!!!!

Glasto is looking slim

WhyTheLongFace
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Well this saved me money. I think the only thing that could make me change my mind is Prince doing 2 sets. You Coachella people who saw him won't care but I never saw him

Aurgasm
Dan Deacon Ensemble

ADrunkPoet
The Roo ups the shittiness another notch with Dan Deacon.

Mr. Dylanja
02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
If they do pull a big headliner it will be funny to watch people start justifying the rest of the line up.

weeklymix
This is seriously shit after shit after shit.

SoulDischarge
Well this saved me money. I think the only thing that could make me change my mind is Prince doing 2 sets. You Coachella people who saw him won't care but I never saw him

I would very much care.

Aurgasm
The Roo ups the shittiness another notch with Dan Deacon.

and Ozomotli

suprefan
02-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Pitchfork....$90.

already bought a ticket for that...

Aurgasm

The Avett Brothers The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform "Dark Side of the Moon" Weezer Medeski Martin & Wood John Fogerty Cross Canadian Ragweed Ingrid Michaelson Phoenix The xx Regina Spektor Mayer Hawthorne and the County Wale Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers Norah Jones Bassnectar OK Go Monte Montgomery Jay-Z Punch Brothers Thievery Corporation GWAR She & Him Jimmy Cliff Tokyo Police Club Kid Cudi Japandroids Dr. Dog Baaba Maal Neon Indian Zac Brown Band The National John Prine Dave Matthews Band Dave Rawlings Machine Local Natives Dropkick Murphys Manchester Orchestra Jeff Beck Jay Electronica The Postelles Carolina Chocolate Drops Rebelution Damian Marley & Nas Needtobreathe Tenacious D The Black Keys Jamey Johnson They Might Be Giants Lotus Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Clutch Tori Amos The Melvins The Dodos Kings of Leon The Dead Weather Rise Against Deadmau5 Martin Sexton Blitzen Trapper The Gaslight Anthem Mumford & Sons Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Baroness Julia Nunes Here We Go Magic Tinariwen The Disco Biscuits Diane Birch Lucero Isis Miranda Lambert Kris Kristofferson LCD Soundsystem Brandi Carlile B.O.B Daryl Hall & Chromeo Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros Blues Traveler The Temper Trap Michael Franti & Spearhead Dan Deacon Ensemble Les Claypool Miike Snow Against Me! Calexico

According to CoS: Ozomotli Aterciopelados Alison Krauss & Union Station

HandBanana
Im not lying. I genuinely like this.
Tho theres a ton of Coachella overlap.

Gribbz
If they do pull a big headliner it will be funny to watch people start justifying the rest of the line up.

People have been telling me that the headliners is what makes Bonnaroo.

PJandBompton

the lineup really isn't that bad...it looks worse coming out one by one than it would if it was released all at once...

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 05:15 PM
It is not something worth the plane ticket and festival pass so far... granted I drive everywhere... it's still not worth the gas yet.

J~$$$$
02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
already bought a ticket for that...

OMG me too!

WhyTheLongFace
Also it looks worse cause we will see 80% of the good acts at Coachella (barring conflicts of course)

Aurgasm
People have been telling me that the headliners is what makes Bonnaroo.

take a look at this fucking lineup and then think about why people have been telling you that

FoxeyLady
Im not lying. I genuinely like this.
Tho theres a ton of Coachella overlap.

I think there are only 11 bands playing both this year (so far), but lots of Coachella 09 acts are playing Roo this year.

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I think there are only 11 bands playing both this year (so far), but lots of Coachella 09 acts are playing Roo this year.

and a good amount of Bonnaroo 09 acts are playing Coach this year...

Gribbz
02-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Look at what I quoted. CONTEXT you angry fuck.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
there's les

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
they would save Les Claypool this late...

sbessiso
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I need to see Tenacious D

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I feel violated for keeping up with it for this long. I must enjoy the pain.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Look at what I quoted. CONTEXT you angry fuck.

stating the obvious? being sarcastic? your context sucks balls

and i am angry. look at this fucking lineup!

ADrunkPoet
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
People still listen to Blues Traveler? I have not heard of that group since I was in fourth grade. Did they recently get back together?

I guess the lead singer's fortune was squandered on hoagies, so it is time to play the Roo.

dorkfish
02-09-2010, 05:21 PM
the headliners are Stevie Wonder, Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon and Jay-z. Don't expect any names bigger than those.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 05:21 PM
the headliners are Stevie Wonder, Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon and Jay-z. Don't expect any names bigger than those.

qft

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I guess the lead singer's fortune was squandered on hoagies, so it is time to play the Roo.

I had a laugh.

FoxeyLady
The undercard to this lineup is unbelievably barfy. It's not looking like I will make it out there this year...

PJandBompton
technically no...Stevie Wonder still has to be announced by Roo...

Gribbz
02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
I was responding to Dylan's hypothetical.

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Miike Snow

FoxeyLady
02-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, there's one more Coachella crossover.

JustSteve
02-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Miike Snow

you seriously stayed home to do this?

Aurgasm
02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Well, there's one more Coachella crossover.

i think miike snow is gayer than GPS at a Nascar event

ADrunkPoet
I would really like to feel excited about one name that the Roo books (that is not a Coachella overlap).

With 80% of the lineup already out, it is not looking very likely.

At least less people will embark on a journey to that hell hole known as Tennessee though.

sbessiso
will someone text me when the poster is up?

superfiction
i like miike snow but obviously ill be able to see them at coach

Aurgasm
you seriously stayed home to do this?

Yes. I had an investment in the show. Ever hear about working from home?

WhyTheLongFace
02-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I didn't want to go to Tennessee anyway. They killed MLK :emo

ADrunkPoet
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I didn't want to go to Tennessee anyway. They killed MLK :emo

To be clear, no one wants to go to Tennessee. NO ONE.

PJandBompton
02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Against Me!...

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Cute joke about Against Me on twitter.

FoxeyLady
02-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's actually getting worse...

ADrunkPoet
02-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Against Me = Farts through a microphone.

MissingPerson
02-09-2010, 05:34 PM
If your lineup is this weak, it would be kinder just to do it all at once.

Like ripping off a plaster, y'know?

weeklymix
02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah presenting in this way would imply that they're proud of what they've done. If anything they should only be proud they kept this many people tuned in to them shitting on the masses.