PDA

View Full Version : It's Raining Nature Loving Folk Singers

fikus222
10-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Taylor Mitchell, a 19-year-old Canadian folk singer who released her debut album, For Your Consideration, earlier this year, died on Wednesday (Oct. 28) following a coyote attack.

According to The Guardian, the musician was hiking alone in Cape Breton Highlands national park in Nova Scotia on Tuesday when the attack happened. Officers in the area reached the scene quickly and shot one of the animals, but Mitchell had suffered multiple bite wounds, the emergency health services said. She was airlifted to a Halifax hospital in a critical condition and died the following day.

“Words can’t begin to express the sadness and tragedy of losing such a sweet, compassionate, vibrant, and phenomenally talented young woman,” Lisa Weitz, Mitchell’s manager, said in a statement (via Spinner). “She just turned 19 two months ago, and was so excited about the future.”

Mitchell had been on a tour of eastern Canada when the attack occurred.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/10/29/coyotes-kill-folk-singer-taylor-mitchell/

Damn.

canexplain
10-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I saw that. Life is so strange and unfair it seems sometimes. RIP ... cr****

menikmati
10-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Since when do coyotes attack humans?

humanoid
10-29-2009, 02:19 PM
wow...how bizarre...that cannot be something that occurs very often

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
do not google image search Taylor Mitchell if you are at work

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm afraid to comment on this. So I'm just commenting to say that.

humanoid
10-29-2009, 02:24 PM

I just experienced the same thing!

algunz
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM

Seriously!!! We are not being kind to the earth and mother nature is starting to fight back.

M Sparks
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM

Or...maybe you should use SafeSearch at work?

boarderwoozel3
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
What an awful way to die.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
Or...maybe you should use SafeSearch at work?

I am a gambling man

algunz
Holy cow, that was not the NSFW I was expecting.

M Sparks
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM

http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/coyote_attacks.html

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Jesus. What is the picture of?

algunz
What an awful way to die.

I've gotten to know the woman who was attacked by a mountain lion in Silverado Canyon a few years back. Her memory although rather hazy is sadly scary. I would hate to live with those dreams.

Poor Taylor. Was she walking by herself? How did people get to her so fast? I guess I should do my research.

obzen
Tragic.RIP.

humanoid
http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/coyote_attacks.html

that was very informative, thank you

algunz
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Jesus. What is the picture of?

There's another Taylor out there that is either a well endowed black man or a long throated white woman.

Hopeless Semantic
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Very tragic way to go, but I really didn't get any NSFW when I searched the photos...

There was a time when I used to visit a friend in Corona, CA and behind his house used to live a number of coyotes that would hunt and reside in the valley below the backyard and cliff in which my friend lived. A 19-year old girl would seem to be overmatched by a pack of coyotes.

humanoid
10-29-2009, 02:37 PM
There was a time when I used to visit a friend in Corona, CA and behind his house used to live a number of coyotes that would hunt and reside in the valley below the backyard and cliff in which my friend lived. A 19-year old girl would seem to be overmatched by a pack of coyotes.

a couple years ago, I lived right on a nature preserve in Laguna Canyon and we had tons of coyotes around there constantly...while numbers make them seem intimidating, they usually are very skittish and quickly retreat upon encountering humans.

amyzzz
10-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I've seen single coyotes around my neighborhood before. I guess I need to watch out for those damn coyote packs.

captncrzy
10-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Christ! Wow, that's horrifying.

algunz
10-29-2009, 02:40 PM
We have a drainage ditch that runs behind our house and the coyotes come in to our neighborhood quite often. My neighbors worry about their cats all the time, but I never thought to worry about my daughter. Not that she's wandering the streets after dark by herself . . . very often.

Still-ill
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Here's what really happened guys:
It's wasn't a literal pack coyotes. It was the hockey team. They were in Canada for a regular season game and didn't enjoy Taylor Mitchell's version of the Star Spangled Banner. Nothing to worry about, unless you live in Phoenix.

Hopeless Semantic
10-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Here's what really happened guys:
It's wasn't a literal pack coyotes. It was the hockey team. They were in Canada for a Pre-season game and didn't enjoy Taylor Mitchell's version of the Star Spangled Banner. Nothing to worry about, unless you live in Phoenix.

But the NHL has been playing regular season games for a month or so...

Still-ill
10-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Hmmm... there seems to be one singular hole in the story I heard. The rest is obviously true.

JustSteve
10-29-2009, 02:52 PM
We have quite a few coyotes around us, too, since we live right on a bluff. We have lost a couple cats to them and recently had a neighbor tell us they saw another of our cats, a total runt, outrun a coyote. Must have been crazy to see. This cat of ours has also been seen dragging a large rabbit up over the wall that seperates us from the bluff...have lost count of how many birds have fallen victim and pretty much none of the lizards around here have tails, haha...

Gribbz
I see Coyotes fairly often... they usually just eat cats.

Hopeless Semantic
Where's the mountain lions and/or tiger shark when you need to control the coyote population...

algunz
10-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Steve, you should go as a coyote killing cat for Halloween.

Or a dead Taylor Mitchell.

Too soon?

M Sparks
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM
There's another Taylor out there that is either a well endowed black man or a long throated white woman.

It's the latter, and she's apparently a busy gal, because she promises to update her website 6 times a week.

boarderwoozel3
10-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Probably not, gunz.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/ellroon/CoyotePtZoo-m.jpg

Gribbz
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
is this singer a dwarf or a toddler? This makes no sense.

algunz
10-29-2009, 03:01 PM
It's the latter, and she's apparently a busy gal, because she promises to update her website 6 times a week.

You did your research. Nice. :winkiss

Hopeless Semantic
10-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Brings new meaning to "Coyote Ugly..."

humanoid
10-29-2009, 03:05 PM
We have a drainage ditch that runs behind our house and the coyotes come in to our neighborhood quite often. My neighbors worry about their cats all the time, but I never thought to worry about my daughter. Not that she's wandering the streets after dark by herself . . . very often.

my parents have lived right off of Trabuco in Irvine for years. There is a large drainage ditch that runs down the middle of the street, that comes from the El Toro Marine base land. Several times over the years, I have seen packs of 15-20 coyotes running down the ditch late at night.

a year ago, I was over there hanging out with my sister, and at about 3 am, we heard this crazy sounds outside. We went to check what it was, and found 2 huge (literally the biggest I have ever seen) coyotes chasing the next door neighbors cat around the front lawn. We tried to scare them off, but they were intent on dinner and we watched them rip the cat in half and eat it on the other neighbors' lawn.

Hopeless Semantic
10-29-2009, 03:08 PM
my parents have lived right off of Trabuco in Irvine for years. There is a large drainage ditch that runs down the middle of the street, that comes from the El Toro Marine base land. Several times over the years, I have seen packs of 15-20 coyotes running down the ditch late at night.

a year ago, I was over there hanging out with my sister, and at about 3 am, we heard this crazy sounds outside. We went to check what it was, and found 2 huge (literally the biggest I have ever seen) coyotes chasing the next door neighbors cat around the front lawn. We tried to scare them off, but they were intent on dinner and we watched them rip the cat in half and eat it on the other neighbors' lawn.

Man that's brutal...I wonder what the protocol is in regards to defending your pet. Are you allowed to target practice on the coyotes? I mean, I don't live in an area that is frequented by coyotes or anything like that, but damn it must suck seeing your cat/dog eaten by 'em.

In my area, the random raccoon is pretty much the wildlife most likely to elicit a comment...

Young blood
10-29-2009, 03:09 PM
is this singer a dwarf or a toddler? This makes no sense.

4realz. A coyote? he must of been a twink or just let the coyote do its thing. A wolf maybe, 10 coyotes probably.

Gribbz
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM
She was a hippie. She probably just conceded.

Young blood
10-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh it was a girl? A hippie girl? Yeah a coyote could have done it possibly a kitty with rabies.

Young blood
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
ITS NATURE!

algunz
10-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Are The Samples playing this year?

Mr.Nipples
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
its unconfirmed at this point but supposedly in her escape, she tried drawing a roadway on a rock face in hopes that the coyote would try to run into it. when that failed, she placed an acme industries portable hole on the ground for the coyote to fall into but that as well failed and she was subsequently mauled...

rage patton
10-29-2009, 03:18 PM
I've never heard of this girl, but man that is awful. RIP.

algunz
10-29-2009, 03:18 PM
But the Roadrunner always got away.

The world doesn't make sense anymore. :nono

Young blood
10-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Hippies always lose. It always makes sense.

algunz
10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
You are tainted to the core.