PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball 2009-2010 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

TommyboyUNM
10-23-2009, 08:46 PM
North Carolina is defending its title. Duke still sucks. And other matters relating to college basketball.

Go.

Pixiessp
10-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Hallelujah!!!! We're back!!!!!

SDsoldier7
10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Lakers all the way!

Gribbz
10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Sean Miller fares his first year. Arizona wasn't even ranked in the 2009 recruiting class but is now #13. Not bad on such short notice. Future is looking bright for the Wildcats.

Pixiessp
10-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Arizona Schmerizona.

Still-ill
10-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Sean Miller will be great. Oh yeah and, you might like to hear this Dale, I grew up with Derrick Williams. He was a little younger than me but I've played plenty of basketball with him. Seeing his name on the ESPN news ticker was unreal.

suprefan
10-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Cue Bluedevil with ''this is our year!! Coack K is # 1!!''

Pixiessp
10-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Where is the Diablo Azul??

faxman75
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/03/26/gal_cheer10.jpg

Gribbz
Sean Miller will be great. Oh yeah and, you might like to hear this Dale, I grew up with Derrick Williams. He was a little younger than me but I've played plenty of basketball with him. Seeing his name on the ESPN news ticker was unreal.

That's pretty awesome. Tim Floyd resigning was clutch for us.

Still-ill
10-23-2009, 09:00 PM
That's pretty awesome. Tim Floyd resigning was clutch for us.

Yep he's making La Mirada proud... hopefully.

Gribbz
10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Yep he's making La Mirada proud... hopefully.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/byauthor/314128

SDsoldier7
10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
duke is the best team.

Pixiessp
10-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I saw a guy wearing a Duke tshirt today. I almost punched him. I am not a violent person.

Still-ill
10-23-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/byauthor/314128

Yeah I was at a poker party probably a year and a half ago. I didn't recognize him at first. He was maybe 5'11 as a freshman, and that's a bit of a stretch. He's 6'7 now? He lost 40 dollars that night. Almost all of it to me. Now if he makes the NBA and becomes a big time player, I'll have the most badass story ever.

Pixiessp
10-23-2009, 09:11 PM
That's a lot of growth.

BlueDevil50
10-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Cue Bluedevil with ''this is our year!! Coack K is # 1!!''
Cue Supre acting like he knows something about sports again :blah

Where is the Diablo Azul??

Heeeeeeeeeey. You know you sure would look a lot better in a Duke blue shirt missy ;)

boarderwoozel3
10-24-2009, 12:27 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/03/26/gal_cheer10.jpg

GTFO!

Is there a '09-'10 college basketball thread up and running yet? I need somewhere to post about the Huskies winning the Pac-10 this year, agian.

Scoff city.

It may be the last year they do that for a looooong time.

Ahhhh, landed in the right place. I'm really looking forward to this, gentlemen. Tickets to Huskies games are quite cheap and accessible for we students. Juuuust might have to watch my crew run those pussycats around the floor. Our guards are second to none in the conference. FACE.

Gribbz
10-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Scoff. If anything, Cal will win the Pac-10.

luckyface
10-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I will tell you one team that won't be making any noise this year... USC. Sigh. Fucking dumb Tim Floyd.

Gribbz
10-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I will tell you one team that won't be making any noise this year... USC. Sigh. Fucking dumb Tim Floyd.

Yeah... I'm pretty happy he turned down the Arizona job. :)

luckyface
10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Arizona got the best coach out there. I am pretty excited to see what he does for the program.

Aurgasm
10-24-2009, 10:35 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0501/ncb_u_miller1_576.jpg

"Hey Tommy, FUCK YOUR COUCH"

Arizona is back. We are going to our 26th STRAIGHT tournament. The Pac 10 is fucked for years to come. Just take a look at our recruiting. We just landed Daniel Bejarano and Rod Odom for next year and already have Sidiki for 2011.

Bear Down Zona

TommyboyUNM
10-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I guess congrats to Sean Miller for landing and 3-star and a 4-star recruit for 2010. New Mexico beat out Arizona for a 4-star center. Alex Kirk from Los Alamos, New Mexico.

Honestly, I think Cal is the program that the rest of the PAC-10 needs to worry about. Not only are they one of the heavy favorites to win the conference this year, but look what they've done in recruiting. Montgomery is going to have that program near the top of the conference for a while, just like he did at Stanford.

Aurgasm
10-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Kirk wasnt a high priority, just some turd burglar from NM who had offers from the previous coaching staffS . Fuck him and fuck UNM.

As for your quip about stars. Who gives a fuck? Do you know who Sean Miller is? Did you see what he did at Xavier? He goes for talent not stars... go look at all of his recruits at Xavier. He turns coal into diamonds.

TommyboyUNM
10-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Kirk wasnt a high priority, just some turd burglar from NM who had offers from the previous coaching staffS . Fuck him and fuck UNM.

As for your quip about stars. Who gives a fuck? Do you know who Sean Miller is? Did you see what he did at Xavier? He goes for talent not stars... go look at all of his recruits at Xavier. He turns coal into diamonds.

There may be diamonds in the rough every single year, true, but if you look at how these recruiting services rank players then you'll see a pattern of the highly-ranked players usually turning out to be All Americans at the next level. We can explore this further if you'd like, and there will be exceptions, but the incidence of success are greater for the highly ranked players. I bet there is a positive correlation between the number of stars a player receives and his output in college. An overall trend with a few outliers. You think North Carolina wins titles by recruiting a bunch of 3 and 4-star recruits?

suprefan
10-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Cue Supre acting like he knows something about sports again :blah

Im right though. And I know plenty bitch. Arent you going to move to Seattle and end up in a non sports town? They dont have an NBA team, what will you do?

Still-ill
10-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Ahhhh, landed in the right place. I'm really looking forward to this, gentlemen. Tickets to Huskies games are quite cheap and accessible for we students. Juuuust might have to watch my crew run those pussycats around the floor. Our guards are second to none in the conference. FACE.

Like I said, maybe this year... maybe. After that back to 3rd-4th place.

Still-ill
10-24-2009, 11:39 AM
There may be diamonds in the rough every single year, true, but if you look at how these recruiting services rank players then you'll see a pattern of the highly-ranked players usually turning out to be All Americans at the next level. We can explore this further if you'd like, and there will be exceptions, but the incidence of success are greater for the highly ranked players. I bet there is a positive correlation between the number of stars a player receives and his output in college. An overall trend with a few outliers. You think North Carolina wins titles by recruiting a bunch of 3 and 4-star recruits?

We had 0 recruits when he got there, ZERO. The fact that he got anything that late in the recruiting season is a miracle. Especially Nazerenko (I'm spelling that from memory), who looks like quite a specimen. But, yeah in the future it's all about the 5 star recruits, but at that point it was impossible for him to land a 5 star. Although we almost got some guy named Stephenson who was a 5 star. But, he is a punk apparently.

Aurgasm
10-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I just have witnessed what Miller has done over the years. He has a knack for turning inner city NYC kids into insane wing players. Add in a 5 star center/forward and the fact that we are Point Guard U and I think we're golden.

Adreian Payne just announced that he's down to 4 schools and Zona is in the mix. if we land him... well i'll quote gwen stefani- shit's gonna be bananas

on another note.. like 5 players from UCLA are injured... its not lookin good for them in the early going

Still-ill
10-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't think we'll remain point guard U. More like beat em' up U. Hopefully we'll add a little toughness to Arizona.

cansei de ser sexme
10-24-2009, 01:27 PM

:( EFFFFFF YOUUUU FLOYYYYDDDD

Gribbz
10-24-2009, 01:31 PM
:( EFFFFFF YOUUUU FLOYYYYDDDD
:thu

boarderwoozel3
10-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Recruits? Abdul Gaddy, you've been warned.

Gribbz
10-24-2009, 01:55 PM
StillIll, did you see the highlights of the rockets/mavs game? There was a little brew ha ha and Budinger started walking towards Drew Gooden like he was going to do something. That would have been lultastic. Budinger has been doing great though. Haven't heard much about Hill.

Aurgasm
10-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Recruits? Abdul Gaddy, you've been warned.

a former uofa signee.. what about him? Momo Jones is going to make Gaddy his bitch.

boarderwoozel3
10-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Who is Momo Jones? What year? And if you're familiar with Gaddy you already know what I'm talking about.

Aurgasm
10-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Who is Momo Jones? What year? And if you're familiar with Gaddy you already know what I'm talking about.

who is Momo Jones? you're about to find out, suckafish.

Gaddy was our man... then we went through the coaching mess and he stayed home. He's going to get fucking schooled by Nic Wise and Momo Jones.

boarderwoozel3
10-24-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm assuming this Momo character is Lamont Jones. The relatively unheralded Lamont Jones.

It's going to be good fun beating you, twice.

Aurgasm
10-24-2009, 02:45 PM

who is Momo Jones? you're about to find out, suckafish.

Gaddy was our man... then we went through the coaching mess and he stayed home. He's going to get fucking schooled by Nic Wise and Momo Jones.

boarderwoozel3
10-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Famous last words, buster.

Pixiessp
10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I got my Athlon's today. I almost kissed the lady that went all the way to the stockroom to get me one from their newly arrived shipment.

Still-ill
10-28-2009, 09:35 PM
StillIll, did you see the highlights of the rockets/mavs game? There was a little brew ha ha and Budinger started walking towards Drew Gooden like he was going to do something. That would have been lultastic. Budinger has been doing great though. Haven't heard much about Hill.

No haha. I did see his dunk though. Judging how bad the Knicks played today I would love for them to play Hill a little more.

Aurgasm
10-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Pac 10 News:

Stanford- Guard Jeremey Green suspended, top recruit Andy Brown out for season (knee)

UCLA Injury list- J'mison Morgan, Jerime Anderson, Malcolm Lee, Mike Moser, Michael Roll, Brendan Lane and James Keefe.

most are ankles, knees and back injuries... reoccurring things 8^)

ARIZONA- Andreian Payne (5 star center/pf) to announce his choice of schools today!!! (fingers crossed)

pac-10 is riddled with injuries and suspensions..its looking good

Pixiessp
10-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Yikes!!! UCLA has been hit hard.

weeklymix
10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
if we're talking college basketball...

david robinson : navy : 1983-1987
ppg: 21.0
rpg: 10.3
blocks per game: 4.1
(these stats include his freshman year where he only saw about 13 minutes of play time)

i think this is villanova's year. even though i go to texas i just don't like their basketball program. oregon is hopeless for another three years.

boarderwoozel3
10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
ARIZONA- Andreian Payne (5 star center/pf) to announce his choice of schools today!!! (fingers crossed)

pac-10 is riddled with injuries and suspensions..its looking good

You didn't cross your fingers hard enough :rotfl

No injuries but plenty of insult. We got dogged and ranked just blow Cal in both polls. Nonsense.

Forz, what's Arizona ranked?

Still-ill
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Probably like 56th.

Pixiessp
10-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Arizona is NIT bound this year. Sorry, Forza.

Gribbz
10-30-2009, 12:25 AM
I assumed you guys knew college basketball. Preseason rankings mean nothing. Talk to me in March.

Gribbz
10-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Hey did you guys see that Kansas is ranked #1?

That means they are for sure winning the championship.

weeklymix
10-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Kansas

http://blogs.effinfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/mangino_t450.jpg

i got that far and this is frankly all i can think about.

boarderwoozel3
10-30-2009, 01:36 AM
I wouldn't be too receptive to that character bitching about conditioning.

And lolzona. It's too early to be sourpusses :)

Gribbz
10-30-2009, 01:42 AM

It's also too early to be cocky sled pullers. :thu

weeklymix
10-30-2009, 02:17 AM
huck the fuskies

Aurgasm
10-30-2009, 08:14 AM
huck the fuskies

agreed.

i wake up and check my facebook
"the college basketball thread is filled with bandwagoning retards"

*glances toward bluedevil and tommy*

Zona's preseason ranking? well smarty pants do you know what their preseason ranking was last year? in the 50's and we finished 22.

rankings mean shit to us. We have a new coach, a brand new squad, a theory of play... of course we're not going to get high rankings from a bunch of coaches who basically sit around and reflect upon squads they are familiar with. The entire question is stupid and null.

ANYHOW. As for our performance this year...who the fuck knows? Have any of you seen Arizona play? I've seen the nucleus of the washington team, and they are a bunch of b rate pussies. Suites you perfectly Jeff.

i think its also pointless to discuss North Carolina and Duke in this thread until the tournament. They will certainly win their fare share of games and most likely choke in the tournament. So lets wait until then or until a big game..bc half the time they are matched against teams so much lower than them its not even a fucking competition. High five to you guys.

Gribbz
10-30-2009, 08:19 AM
I was pretty hammered last night. My statement stands.

TommyboyUNM
10-30-2009, 08:53 AM
agreed.

i wake up and check my facebook
"the college basketball thread is filled with bandwagoning retards"

*glances toward bluedevil and tommy*

You're calling the 9-year old Tommy a "bandwagoning retard." I was a fan when Rick Fox and Pete Chilcutt were the best players on the team. I also watched an 8-20 season under Matt Doherty and continued to be a fan.

North Carolina is most certainly a compelling story because they are the defending champions, but have a very different rotation of players than last year. It'll be interesting to see how the new players gel with one another.

Talking about college basketball and not talking about the best teams is kind of retarded.

Still-ill
10-30-2009, 09:50 AM
This gonna be the weakest Pac-10 tournament for as long as I can remember.

Pixiessp
10-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Good Luck, Arizona Fans. I'll be pulling for you.

In the Pac-10.

Aurgasm
11-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Arizona is NIT bound this year. Sorry, Forza.

i fucking hate washington

huck the fuskies
indeed

Good Luck, Arizona Fans. I'll be pulling for you.

In the Pac-10.

thats better.

and this may seem insignificant but i found some funny things here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/091109&sportCat=ncb

Pixiessp
11-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Ouch!! UNC got spanked. They've got some big games ahead of them.
Michigan St.
Texas
Kentucky

boarderwoozel3
11-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Wow, that's an impressive non conference schedule.

Pixiessp
11-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Those are some tough teams. They had a good first half against Syracuse. It's that second half and those damn turnovers and the Orangemen's ability to capitalize that hurt them. Only time will tell. :)

TomAz
11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
College basketball is dull as all fuck until March.

Still-ill
11-20-2009, 08:30 PM
This is the best Arizona basketball team defensively I've seen... well... ever. Lute was never a good defensive coach. And, my childhood bud Derrick Williams threw a monster dunk down last night. It was sweet.

BlueDevil50
11-21-2009, 12:38 PM
College basketball is dull as all fuck until March.

That's easily the most ridiculous thing I've heard in awhile. I'd rather college ball throughout the year than NBA when they really don't try that hard until the playoff picture becomes to get clear. Check yourself Tom, the MSU/Zaga and Kansas/Memphis games were great.

Never too early for a UNC loss ;)

Gribbz
11-21-2009, 12:40 PM
ASU fans have been running their mouths for some reason. This is one of the few times I will root for Duke. I hope you win by 40.

boarderwoozel3
11-21-2009, 12:42 PM
This is the best Arizona basketball team defensively I've seen... well... ever. Lute was never a good defensive coach. And, my childhood bud Derrick Williams threw a monster dunk down last night. It was sweet.

Northern Arizona and Rice.... juuuust saying.

Gribbz
11-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't think our D looked good even against them to be honest.

boarderwoozel3
11-21-2009, 12:45 PM
More than anything else, who knows? It's tough to learn anything from the cupcakes. Other than cupcakes being delicious, but that goes without saying.

Gribbz
11-21-2009, 12:48 PM
It's tough to learn anything from the cupcakes. Other than cupcakes being delicious, but that goes without saying.

Udub knows a lot about that. ;)

boarderwoozel3
11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Got that right. Our key players have been putting up the numbers you'd want to see but what does dropping 111 on Portland State mean? Not much.

Our legit non conference games are against Georgetown, Texas A&M, and @Texas Tech. I'm worried about that 7 footer on Georgetown...

Gribbz
11-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Texas A&M has been good in recent years. Don't know about this season.

boarderwoozel3
11-21-2009, 01:05 PM
A&M projects just outside the top 25 and 4th in the Big 12. Probably a tournament team as well. So no slouches. Texas Tech on the other hand, since Kight left they've stunk.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Never too early for a UNC loss ;)

UNC loses early and Dook loses late. Such is life in college basketball. And what a bunch of pussies the Blue Devils are. Dook's toughest non-conference game is against Gonzaga. Whereas North Carolina still has to play Texas, Kentucky, and Michigan State. All top 5 teams. But how could Dook not schedule that classic against St. John's every year? What a joke.

Nice win by Syracuse last night. This is going to be a fun season as a Carolina fan. Almost like a mulligan season. Coming off of a national title and trying to break in a lot of new players and players in new roles. I don't care if they don't win the title this year, nor do I expect them to win it. Did I mention they're coming off of a NATIONAL TITLE? A November loss is not a big deal.

boarderwoozel3
11-21-2009, 01:19 PM
It's certainly not time to hit the panic button after a loss to a really good Syracuse team but mulligan season? Madness. You've got to believe.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2009, 01:22 PM
It's certainly not time to hit the panic button after a loss to a really good Syracuse team but mulligan season? Madness. You've got to believe.

Yes, a mulligan season. Meaning the losses aren't hard to take at all because they just won the national title a few months ago. I don't expect them to win it every year. Especially not this year. So it's really just a season to see how the players develop and build toward next year. I'll only get worked up if they lose to Dook.

boarderwoozel3
11-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Fair enough. I can dig realistic expectations. All I really want is a Pac-10 title and a deep run in the tournament. Elite 8 would be great.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Switching gears, I think New Mexico* has a good chance to surprise a lot of people. I like what Steve Alford is doing with the program. They have a lot of talent and athleticism, but they're one of the youngest teams in the country. That's ok, though, because I think the Mountain West is fairly wide open this year. They won last week AT New Mexico State (which is huge around these parts). They're playing Cal next week so that will be the first big test of the season.

*I know you guys are going to jump on me for having 2 teams, but it's been that way since I was a little kid. It's really all I know. And I'm loyal, so I won't stop being a hardcore fan of either UNC or UNM.

BlueDevil50
11-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Fair enough. I can dig realistic expectations. All I really want is a Pac-10 title and a deep run in the tournament. Elite 8 would be great.

Once again, I'm with you on the rooting for W. I'm an Isaiah Thomas fan and have always liked the way the Huskies play ball.

And all I was stating was it's never too early/late/perfect to see Carolina lose. I can't stand Zeller. Something about him makes me want to punch him in the face, along with his dad Kris Lang.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Once again, I'm with you on the rooting for W. I'm an Isaiah Thomas fan and have always liked the way the Huskies play ball.

I want nothing more out of this college basketball season than for Isaiah Thomas to start sporting dreads.

(The thought of Kris Lang being Zeller's dad is actually kinda funny.....dickhead. Hah)

Pixiessp
11-21-2009, 06:30 PM
I think Carolina has a very promising team. Zeller needs a bit more meat on his bones but I like him. I'm excited to see how the twins do. They're already looking good. This is my favorite time of year. ;)

casey
11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
go go bruins!!!

(this is going to be a rough year...cal state fullerton beats us in double overtime? seriously?)

Gribbz
11-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Not gonna lie. That game made me incredibly optimistic.

Still-ill
11-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow ugly basketball game between U of A and Wisconsin. The Wildcats somehow almost won it, but the inexperience showed at the end. Nic Wise played terrible, they left at least 20 points on the line, Momo Jones is way too out of control on the fast breaks. But, Solomon Hill is the silkiest player I've ever seen play for Arizone (I wish he had the ball in his hands a little more), Derrick played amazing (25 points), Horne had another great game, and U of A played great defense for most of the game. Also the officiating was very one sided towards the end, even to the point of meriting a comment by the commentating crew. Oh well... it's early, and judging by everyone else in the Pac 10's showing thus far, I still think we'll finish top 3 in the Pac 10.

Gribbz
11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
It looks like Arizona is trying to set the record for most fouls in a season.

Anyone know where I can watch games online? ESPNU keeps breaking up.

Gribbz
11-25-2009, 04:36 PM
The only link that doesn't work on Channelsurfing is the UA vs. Vandy game. Perfect.

justinaqui
11-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Watch out for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets this year. I have a feeling this Favors boy is going to have a nice year. Shame Coach Hewitt likes recruiting these one year guys.

Pixiessp
12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Fantastic game going on right now between UNC and Michigan St.
Good god!! UNC looks awesome. :)

cansei de ser sexme
12-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I went to the USC game against Nebraska. Good God Stephenson is such a man.

boarderwoozel3
12-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Bummer.

http://www.acepilots.com/discussions/u_wash.jpg

Still-ill
12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
OH tough loss for the Cats... but, I think this bodes well. Taking a top 25 team to double OT like that is a good thing for a team that is mostly freshman.

TommyboyUNM
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow, is the Pac-10 ever down this year. It might be a 2 or 3-bid league this year.

I went to the New Mexico/Cal game last night. New Mexico won, fuck yeah! Cal really impressed me, though, and they'll be a favorite (along with Washington) to win the conference title once they get Theo Robertson back.

New Mexico is 7-0 and looks to be pretty legit. They still have some tough non-conference games such as San Diego, Texas Tech, and Dayton. With a current RPI of 22, some good non-conference games, and a pretty tough conference in the Mountain West, New Mexico could be in the running for an at-large berth by the end of the season. That's if they don't win the conference tournament.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/New_Mexico_Flag.gif

Still-ill
12-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Wow I saw they beat Cal last night. Nice win.

Pixiessp
12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes indeed, Tommy. That was a good win. :)

boarderwoozel3
12-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Well done, AZ. Pac 10 play starts on New Years Eve. Think the cats can pull .500 in the conference? I don't.

Still-ill
12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
I think we can only because the rest of the pac 10 is so piss poor. Even the statue head Washington is beatable.

boarderwoozel3
12-29-2009, 12:31 AM
I can't deny that. We've got two great players in Pondexter and Thomas with zero consistency from the supporting cast.

BlueDevil50
01-04-2010, 09:23 PM
College of Charleston....nice.

I can't wait til the Big Dance this year. I'm loving Purdue's toughness and Wall's a beast beyond any expectations.

TommyboyUNM
01-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Eh, it's a mulligan season as a Carolina fan. Coming off a national title and breaking in a bunch of new players. I don't care that they lost to College of Charleston.

Congrats to Duke for killing it again in November and December. Unfortunately, the real titles are won in March/April.

On another note, New Mexico is 14-1 and ranked #14 in the nation. They have beat 3 that were ranked in the top 25 at the time (Cal, Texas A&M, Texas Tech) and have an RPI in the top 10. It's been a fun season so far here in Albuquerque.

BlueDevil50
01-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Ohhh MY! Time's are a changin'! Tommy spelled Duke the correct way ;)

nahuatldream
01-05-2010, 12:09 AM
On another note, New Mexico is 14-1 and ranked #14 in the nation. They have beat 3 that were ranked in the top 25 at the time (Cal, Texas A&M, Texas Tech) and have an RPI in the top 10. It's been a fun season so far here in Albuquerque.

My teams are UCLA, born and raised in southern california, and now UNM, having moved to ABQ in 2007. The Lobos have been a nice distraction from the year the Bruins are having. Now, touted recruit Drew Gordon has transferred from UCLA to UNM. Hopefully he'll solidify the interior and make the Lobos better, next year. I've been impressed with the progress Coach Alford's made with this program.

gmoneyak
01-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm also really liking Purdue A LOT this year, they totally outclassed my Gophers tonight. Purdue is physical a very dangerous.

The Big Ten has going through a revival of sorts, the league is very competitive this year. My Gophers are at least one year away, they will be a 10-20th ranked team next year. They play 10 deep every night and have had 7 different players lead the team in scoring already. Tubby Smith is building a contender for the next 3+ years.

Still-ill
01-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Doh! Arizona loses a heartbreaker tonight. But, It's great to see this team continuing to improve every game.
Stupid Casto... fucker flopped on the Derrick Williams O-foul also. Single handedly won the game with his stupid little plays.

boarderwoozel3
01-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Bullshit. I was embarrassed for the Huskies last night. That was a team who wanted nothing to do with playing the game. Zero ball movement, shite perimeter defense, no rebounding... the list doesn't end. We made Arizona fucking State look like some kind if world-beater.

Still-ill
01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Bullshit. I was embarrassed for the Huskies last night. That was a team who wanted nothing to do with playing the game. Zero ball movement, shite perimeter defense, no rebounding... the list doesn't end. We made Arizona fucking State look like some kind if world-beater.

Drrrrubbed today as well. Woohoo!

boarderwoozel3
01-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I have no retort. We stunk the joint up, again. The next Pondexter sighting is going to be on the back of a milk carton.

8^{

Gribbz
01-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi Jeff. ;)

boarderwoozel3
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
grumblegrumblehigrumble

apostle2
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
So question. Does syracuse move up to #4 in the polls tomorrow, or does Kansas only drop to 4 and Syracuse goes back to 5?

Still-ill
01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Probably Kansas moves to 4. But, that depends upon the voting, no?

weeklymix
01-10-2010, 09:52 PM
So question. Does syracuse move up to #4 in the polls tomorrow, or does Kansas only drop to 4 and Syracuse goes back to 5?

Isn't Villanova ahead of Syracuse in both polls?

apostle2
01-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Isn't Villanova ahead of Syracuse in both polls?

Right. And Kansas, Purdue, and Duke all lost. So it should either be Texas, Kentucky, Nova, Syracuse, Kansas or TX, Kentucky, Nova, Kansas, Cuse

justinaqui
01-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Jackets lose to GA and beat Duke in the same week. These one and done freshmen are giving me heart problems. Some days they are great, some days they commit 200 turnovers and miss all of their free-throws.

Pixiessp
01-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Come on Tarheels!! Georgia Tech is not that great a team.

Still-ill
01-16-2010, 11:25 AM
On another note. 'Cuse is a shoe-in for the final four. Carry on.

Pixiessp
01-16-2010, 11:53 AM
We've got a game. No more turnovers Carolina.

Pixiessp
01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
What a heartache. They could have won.

Still-ill
01-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Taking ASU out by 19, in Tempe!!!!!!!!! We could lose every game here on out and this season would be a success. A team with no inside game should never win, and ASU has no inside game. I hadn't watched ASU at all this year but they were one or two wins away from a top 25 birth, and on paper looked very impressive... a lot of big double digit. I love that flagrant straight out of the Bronx as well... haha

Somewhat Damaged
01-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Still-ill, I took a look at the score at halftime & was surprised it was so close. My soon-to-be brother-in-law, who is also a U of A fan, was worried we'd get slaughtered by ASU this year since they employ a pressure defense and we haven't seemed to handle that very well this year. I tuned back in with 5 minutes to play and suffice it to say was shocked - shocked! - to see we were ahead by 18 points. Prepare to weep, Scum Devil fans, the new coaching regime is in at the U of A and even in a rebuilding year his team is kicking the shit out of you.

Still-ill
01-23-2010, 09:22 PM
They were down ten at one point in the first half and it wasn't looking good. But, ASU kept fouling with the lead, and allowed arizona to hng around and get back into it. Suffice to say Kevin Parrom is a top class defender an was fantastic on that end. Everyone played well... I haven't enjoyed a U of A win that much in a long time. Soooo sweet.

Gribbz
01-24-2010, 04:58 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DJArcLight/336271.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DJArcLight/336273.jpg

"I'm from Harlem, bitch. No easy buckets."

Still-ill
01-24-2010, 07:21 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/28s1yt3.gif
Arizona may have a couple more from the Bronx coming in Kadeem Jack and Sidiki Johnson (signed but class of '11). I love it.

Still-ill
01-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Are Washington going to make the tournament? I'm asking serious question here... they need to get their shit together. Something they should have done by now.

boarderwoozel3
01-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Nope.

The Huskies have shown no sign of being a tournament team. Outside of Thomas and Pondexter no one can score with any consistency, we're winless on the road and our defense is poor. The biggest problem is a lack of an effective complementary forward for Pondexter. He's being asked to be our main scorer and do all the heavy lifting defensively, something he's not handling well. And after Thomas our supposedly vaunted stable of guards hasn't done a thing. Overton is the best averaging only 8.2/game as our third leading scorer. Huskies making the tourney? From what they've shown so far, I'm not holding my breath.

Still-ill
01-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Hmmm... yeah. What about that freshman who was going to come to U of A and decommited to you guys? Gamby? He looked pretty good.

Still-ill
01-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Damn... how is the NCAA tourney going to work this year in the Pac-10? At the moment Cal are probably going to end up with a record on par with about a 7 seed (maybe). What if they win the Pac-10 tournament, and steal that automatic bid? No one is going to have an adequate record come end of the season.

ABCkatie
01-25-2010, 09:38 AM
good thing this has to do with coachella and all...

Gribbz
01-25-2010, 09:55 AM
good thing this has to do with coachella and all...

It's in the "non-coachella discussion" section you dolt.

boarderwoozel3
01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Hmmm... yeah. What about that freshman who was going to come to U of A and decommited to you guys? Gamby? He looked pretty good.

Abdul Gaddy. Good ball handler but still hasn't been given the green light to take more shots. He's playing ~19min/game and taking 3-7 shots/game. Just not making much of an impact in large part due to his apparent inability to hit 3s or shoot free throws.

Uggh. This team...

And the Pac 10 is primed to send 2 or maybe even one team to the dance. Pretty sad.

Aurgasm
01-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Abdul Gaddy is SHIT. 8^)

oh and by the way

http://www.thewizofodds.com/.a/6a00e553e551d1883401156f234f60970c-500wi

"Numba one, Bitches!"

Still-ill
01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Incredible... keep in mind this is a "rebuilding year"

(Pac-10 coach of the year, anyone?)

psycobetabuckdown
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Gonzaga is overrated. Discuss.

boarderwoozel3
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Abdul Gaddy is SHIT. 8^)

oh and by the way

http://www.thewizofodds.com/.a/6a00e553e551d1883401156f234f60970c-500wi

"Numba one, Bitches!"

Number one in what? The buffet league?

I'll reserve comment until later after you come up to the Northwest. It'd be a shame if the UA players had trouble sleeping with the fire alarm going off or if they ate some bad hotel food :)

As for this "Gaddy is shit" business... you'll eat these words. Not necessarily this season but soon enough. Romar's got him for 3 more years and knows a thing or two about guards, hombre.

Gribbz
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Has Washington won a road game yet? The future is looking bright for The Wildcats.

boarderwoozel3
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Well... no.

Gribbz
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
That could be a problem.

Aurgasm
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Number one in what? The buffet league?

I'll reserve comment until later after you come up to the Northwest. It'd be a shame if the UA players had trouble sleeping with the fire alarm going off or if they ate some bad hotel food :)

As for this "Gaddy is shit" business... you'll eat these words. Not necessarily this season but soon enough. Romar's got him for 3 more years and knows a thing or two about guards, hombre.

the league isn't the best... so what. the UofA you saw the last few months isnt the one you'll see from now on.

Gaddy is terrible. There is a lot of reportage on the subject... must i link you kind douche? And listen, between Fogg, Jones and Selby/Lamb/MacCallum, we're going to be droppin balls on your chin for quite some time.

Bangarang

Still-ill
02-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Well... thank you refs for taking us out of this one. Yet, our second team still hung around. Congrats on the home win... I can see why you guys struggle on the road, where the refs aren't quite so sympathetic

Still-ill
02-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I can't believe I just pulled the "fuck the refs" card... but, c'mon that was absurd.

boarderwoozel3
02-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Foul counter:

Arizona - 29
Washington - 25

And that's with your side intentionally fouling to stop the clock. I'm not defending the officiating, it sucked, but it sucked equally. It was a physical game that the officials should have let go a bit more. But for what it's worth I'm a fan of that Mo Mo Jones kid. He's wicked driving to the hoop.

Oh, and :D

Gribbz
02-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I'd say UA faired well considering our best player fouled out playing only 7 minutes. I'm optimistic towards the future. If this is our worst season in 25 years, I'll take it.

Still-ill
02-05-2010, 08:46 AM
And that's with your side intentionally fouling to stop the clock. I'm not defending the officiating, it sucked, but it sucked equally. It was a physical game that the officials should have let go a bit more. But for what it's worth I'm a fan of that Mo Mo Jones kid. He's wicked driving to the hoop.

Oh, and :D

Yeah there were a bunch of clean blocked shots that they called foul, a couple uncontested lay-ups in transition that they tacked fouls on to... it seemed like Horne, Williams, and Natyatzko (who actually showed some athleticism on the boards tonight. He still can't score for shit though) couldn't even touch the opposing team without getting fouled. Were a very tough, physical team... and we were penalized for it tonight.

Oh yeah Momo is awesome... especially his and Parrom's off the court banter. I love both of those guys.

boarderwoozel3
02-08-2010, 05:34 PM
You know, if UW defeats Cal on Thursday evening they'll be at the top of the Pac 10 heap. Granted the game being in CA makes that a big if but still, siqurrely.

BlueDevil50
02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
I still can't believe how horrid the Pac 10 is this year. Still wouldn't mind seeing the Huskies dance for a lil' bit.

Duke/NC Wednesday.

This Texas/Kansas game is a good one already...

weeklymix
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
#4Nova beats #5WVU by 7 in Morgantown.

Big East is unbelievable this year.

buddy
02-12-2010, 07:27 PM
amazing game going on between pitt-wv on espn. going into second ot now.

buddy
02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
really tune in now games tied with 17 seconds left.

boarderwoozel3
02-12-2010, 07:48 PM
3rd OT, thank you ESPN 360.

Still-ill
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Doron McSelby.

luckyface
02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Hey kids, we are getting closer to tournament time. Who all is going to be down for my pool again? Same rules as always, $25/entry. Last year, we had 73 entries - payouts for top 5, and money back for last place. I am expecting even stronger participation this year. Either let me know in this thread or via PM and I will make sure to include you on the invite list when I get everything set up in the next week or so...

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 03:57 PM
This will help me pay for Coachella

Oh and Facepalm @ Arizona basketball... I can't wait for this season to end.

weeklymix
02-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Nova / Cuse TONIGHT.

GO NOVA

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah luckily Cuse has been good this year. Been a nice distraction from U of A.

Gribbz
02-27-2010, 04:04 PM
I think expectations were a little too high for this season.

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Nah I knew they wouldn't make the tourney at the beginning of the year... it was when they touched first place for that brief moment that hype started to build. Wise and Horne don't even look like they wanna be out there. Can't wait for Miller to clean house. Let's face it... Fogg is a lovely little over achiever, but not a guy who should be starting on a team like Arizona.

fiopadp7791
02-27-2010, 04:47 PM
It's sad what happened to Purdue's Robbie Hummell. They really had a chance to make a Final 4 run this year. At least you know he's not jumping to the pros. I mean his injury doesn't hurt Purdue as bas as say, when Kenyon Martin broke his leg for Cincinnati in the Big East tourney (Bob Huggin's best chance since Nick Van Exel to make a Final 4), but it's still a bad injury loss for a team with high hopes.

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 05:00 PM
MOMO MAGIC!!!

Gribbz
02-27-2010, 05:03 PM
I missed it. Dammit.

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 05:13 PM
20 secs to go Stanford ball... whitey goes to the hoop gets stuffed by Williams. Momo goes the distance and makes a 17 footer with a second to go! Man do you remember when Ariz-Stan match ups were like top 5/10 games?

Gribbz
02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Damn. Wish I caught that. Yeah, Stanford used to be really good. I remember when they hit that full court shot at the buzzer a few years ago. I think they were ranked #1 in the country at the time.

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah... we always seemed to blow against them. They kinda had our number, UCLA had their number, and we always seemed to beat UCLA.

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 05:28 PM
I think all the pac-10, ASSU and Cal aside, want this year to end.

Gribbz
02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
So happy that the scum devils will not be winning their first conference title this year.

apostle2
02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Let's Go O-range. I was at the Dome Saturday night, the game was amazing. Top 5 sporting events I've ever attended, it was loud as fuck. Also, we're number 1.

Still-ill
02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Aww... man I wish I had been there. That was intense. It was clear Villanova couldn't handle the environment.

Still-ill
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
So happy that the scum devils will not be winning their first conference title this year.

Yeah, that would suck.

luckyface
03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey all! The NCAA tournament pool is alive and kicking now. PM me to receive details.

Last year, we had 73 entries, and payouts of $1300, $250, $125, $75, $50, and $25 (for last place). We should have a larger number this year, so let me know if interested. Thanks!

BlueDevil50
03-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll be doing mine as well, $20 bucks per entry.

Rocke, PM'd.

thewindowliquor
03-03-2010, 06:02 PM
god damn fuck ohio state. how do they have so many losses, but are still ranked so high?

sportsbunny
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
any one else going to Indy this year?

fiopadp7791
03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
god damn fuck ohio state. how do they have so many losses, but are still ranked so high?

Remember Evan Turner missed over a month. Since he's been back they've only lost 3 games I think?

luckyface
03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
any one else going to Indy this year?

I went to Indy four years ago for the Final Four and it was amazing. Everyone should go to at least one FF in their lifetime if they are basketball fans. The weekend even made Indianapolis seem like a cool city.

scoop49er
03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
my damn georgetown hoyas are falling apart again... at least we have enough strong wins to get in the tourney this year....

and does anyone really want to see the tourney expand to 96 teams??

sportsbunny
03-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Even though unc not so good this year I'm looking forward to tonight's match-up it's such a classic rivalry.

fiopadp7791
03-06-2010, 03:09 PM
my damn georgetown hoyas are falling apart again... at least we have enough strong wins to get in the tourney this year....

and does anyone really want to see the tourney expand to 96 teams??

absolutely not... no matter how much you expand someone will bitch that they were left out. I think they should actually shave off 1 at-large bid and go back to 64. If you're a 16-seed, and you gotta play in that play-in game on the Tuesday before, do you really feel like you "made the dance"? Granted, your destiny is to get smoked by a #1 seed regardless, but those teams played and earned a bid. To play in that Tuesday game is a fuckin joke IMO.

If you wanna keep it at 65, the way you could make it interesting is let the last 2 at-large teams play on Tuesday for a 12 or 13-seed (because usually the last at-large berth gets a 11-13 seed). That would be an entertaining Tuesday night game, and the winner could either be A) really tired for their matchup a couple of days later, or warmed up and could have a serious chance of being the higher seeed.

Still-ill
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
God Fucking Damn it.

BlueDevil50
03-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Mannie Harris is a BEAST...oh scratch that, Evan Turner is beyond clutch.

Good lord, what a game. Does anyone know who Thad Madda was yelling at after that shot?

Pixiessp
03-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I was so rooting for Virginia.

BlueDevil50
03-12-2010, 11:47 AM
I bet you were...brat! lol

Have fun in the NIT ;)

apostle2
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I had to take a step back from this thread for a couple days, lick my wounds, and get ready for selection sunday. as long as we still get a #1, the BE tourney didn't mean shit.

actually, in 2003, we got stomped in the BE tournament early on too...

Pixiessp
03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I bet you were...brat! lol

Have fun in the NIT ;)

:nono

boarderwoozel3
03-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm hesitant to even post in here these days. Hopefully my crew knows what needs to be done... I still want to dance.

That is all.

boarderwoozel3
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
hahaha

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs366.snc3/23604_1393161911428_1303567097_1090375_3609946_n.j pg

psycobetabuckdown
03-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Got back Tuesday from Vegas for the WCC championship, the vibe after Saint Mary's beat Gonzaga was unreal. This tournament is going to be great.

summerkid
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Looks like San Diego State punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament by beating New Mexico tonight looking forward to the Tournament finale against UNLV, should be a good one.

boarderwoozel3
03-13-2010, 01:03 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/02/11/2004176384.jpg

BlueDevil50
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Where's all the Arizona Lolcat fans now?

Go UDub!

canexplain
03-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I hoped Tenn would win this SEC game but it doesn't look good ... grrrrrr....

Gribbz
03-13-2010, 10:50 AM

Go UDub!

At least we still support our team when we go 16-15. You'd probably be sporting Kentucky gear right now if Duke was in the same position.

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 10:57 AM
I think Baylor will be an interesting team to watch in the tournament.

Pixiessp
03-13-2010, 11:06 AM
hahaha

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs366.snc3/23604_1393161911428_1303567097_1090375_3609946_n.j pg

Ha Ha!

Pixiessp
03-13-2010, 11:09 AM

I agree.

Vermont looked good today too. They just kept it up and pulled out a win.
They should also be interesting to watch.

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 11:10 AM

Go UDub!

We're not hiding anywhere. This was a great season for us considering the circumstances. So what, we don't go to the tournament for the first time in 26 years. We still have a 26 year streak of a winning record and even better than that we have a badass coach and squad that's out for blood.

You'll see!

throw Kadeem Jack, Josh Selby, Daniel Bejarano and Jordin Mayes into our squad and you're looking at PAC 10 champions for the next 3 years, easy.

Udub finally got their shit together towards the end of the year. Congrats bw3. I'm still glad Abdul Gaddy decommitted from zona..what a terrible basketball player he turned out to be..

BlueDevil50
03-13-2010, 11:20 AM
At least we still support our team when we go 16-15. You'd probably be sporting Kentucky gear right now if Duke was in the same position. You're pathetic.

Calm down slick...this wasn't a jab at you personally, but I'm pathetic? Yes, I clearly love Duke because they win a championship every year and there's SO many Duke fans out there...

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Calm down slick...this wasn't a jab at you personally, but I'm pathetic? Yes, I clearly love Duke because they win a championship every year and there's SO many Duke fans out there...

Did you go to Duke?

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Did you go to Duke?

no he did not

canexplain
03-13-2010, 11:50 AM
I lived in Tennessee and North Carolina where basketball is a religion. "My" teams always won. Now back home in Colorado I have the Buffs. What a letdown. ......

boarderwoozel3
03-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Screw you, UTEP.

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Looks like Temple's going to be a 4-seed if they pull off the A-10.

Bud Luster
03-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Way to go San Diego State. A fucking great win against the 8th ranked team in the nation. Now to win the MWC tourney and get into the dance. Then to lose in the first round. Anything else is icing I suppose.

http://collegesecretsonline.com/images/san-diego-state-aztecs-logo-300x278.gif

BlueDevil50
03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Did you go to Duke?

Nope...just started supporting them in '99 on a random whim.

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Wasn't that in the middle of a four or five year stretch of absolutely destroying the ACC? Deciding to support one of the greatest NCAA basketball institutions during one of their most dominating periods (pretty sure they were in the Final Four in '99 as well) does not seem like much of a "random whim."

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 01:27 PM
What the fuck is going on with Purdue?

Edit:

Never mind I see.

tbone13
03-13-2010, 01:40 PM
i cant see anyone but kentucky or kansas winning it all, but i cant decide which to win in my bracket, i think im leaning towards kansas right now cuz they just look like a championship team, but kentucky has so many ballers i cant decide... any opinions?

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 01:59 PM
kansas has the length to beat uk but I really dont see that happening unless KU jumps out to an early lead and UK fails to get in its scoring rhythm.

UK is a safe bet. I see OSU, New Mexico and BYU making some upsets over traditional powerhouse schools. gotta wait till we see the bracket.

tbone13
03-13-2010, 02:09 PM
yea, i see purdue getting upset easily, I also like syracuse but i feel like if they play a hot 3pt shooting team their zone will be fucked so i might have them being upset,

i like BYU more than NM but they both can make a run, but the only teams i realistically see winning it is KU and UK

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 02:12 PM
The 3 seeds guessed by ESPN's bracketology this morning were Pitt, Nova, Georgetown and Baylor.

These seemed easily more lethal than the projected 2 seeds (even before Purdue's ensuing loss): West Virginia, KSU, OSU and Purdue.

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Ummm.. anyone watching ku v ksu?

The KSU coach acts like a complete lunatic. Even his assistant coaches are looking at him and shaking their heads in disapproval with his tact. He's also a scary looking guy..

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I love anger and intensity so he's good with me.

Edit: Also ESPN360 is a whore.

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 03:25 PM
why is 360 a whore?

i think he's the type of guy who will have a high profile blow up during his career... he's just too damn angry.

weeklymix
03-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm just streaming this game and it sucks. I have to restart my browser often.

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 03:28 PM
that sucks.. its fluid for me

Aurgasm
03-13-2010, 03:41 PM
wow.. Washington has a 9 point lead over cal

Edit:

Congrats Wooz!

boarderwoozel3
03-13-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.wolfelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/UWblock_logo.jpg

49esza4eiK4

:cool:

Down Rodeo
03-13-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm proud of my New Mexico State Aggies for winning the WAC and booking a trip to the tournament. It's too bad my Cal Bears had to fuck up and give the game away to UW. I'm really hoping they still make it into the tournament.

fiopadp7791
03-14-2010, 08:19 AM
This is the only team left to root for today: Go Gophers!!!!!!!
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6715/universityofminnesotaba.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/universityofminnesotaba.jpg/)

Still-ill
03-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Gophers smacked the shit out of Purdue yesterday. Nice Job.

summerkid
03-14-2010, 10:51 AM

They are extremely athletic and a lot of fun to watch.

Gribbz
03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Gophers smacked the shit out of Purdue yesterday. Nice Job.

Yeah, scoring only 9 points in the first half is pretty ridiculous.

canexplain
03-14-2010, 11:08 AM
This SEC game is really great .....

summerkid
03-14-2010, 12:05 PM
there's a tremendous amount of parity this year its going to be a very exciting tournament

Still-ill
03-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Yep.

On another note.. who is ready for the Tournament pool?

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Fiddlesticks. I was hoping UW would play in San Jose. Could have gone to the game.

luckyface
03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
God I love Selection Sunday!

Sorry Boarder, UDub does not deserve to play anywhere near Seattle.

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Not so much near Seattle as near me. But fair enough.

Aurgasm
03-14-2010, 02:26 PM
ummm wooz..you guys are gonna get bounced first round.. save ur $$$

mk? thanks

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2010, 02:29 PM
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in SJ!!

Oh man, this is awesome. I'm thrilled.

luckyface
03-14-2010, 02:30 PM
And you got it anyway in SJ. But holy shit, that bracket is stacked!

summerkid
03-14-2010, 02:32 PM
gah ESPN and their east coast bias is killing me. BYU had a weak schedule? They are coming out of a conference in which 4 out of 7 teams made the tournament. They are going to beat Florida who has no business getting in.

edit: I agree with Dicky V I don't really understand how Virginia Tech or Mississippi St. are not in but Florida is.

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know how ticketing for this thing works? All I'm seeing are first and second round packages by location for $250. I'm only interested in the UW/Marquette and New Mexico/Montana pairing. Surely they break up the regional games now that the pairings are out, yes?

Aurgasm
03-14-2010, 02:52 PM
:nono

luckyface
03-14-2010, 02:57 PM
They changed One Shining Moment?? Are they nuts??

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm basing this on attending first round games a few years ago. I was able to get evening game (Utah/Indiana & USC/someone who upset them) tickets for ~$60 and without having to buy the morning or second round ones too.... has that changed?

summerkid
03-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I like SDSU's match up against Tennessee. I think we have a good shot advancing, I don't know if we can get past Georgtown though that'll be tough.

BlueDevil50
03-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm basing this on attending first round games a few years ago. I was able to get evening game (Utah/Indiana & USC/someone who upset them) tickets for ~$60 and without having to buy the morning or second round ones too.... has that changed?

I saw some tickets on craiglist. The lady I talked to was selling her early morning session on Thursday for $80 bucks a ticket. That's all I really know.

I'm LOVING the Duke bracket. Not too sure how Kentucky and Kansas wound up in the toughest regions...oh well.

I have plenty of room for people interested in a $20 dollar pool as well! Let me know.

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Duke certainly drew the easy bracket. How fortunate.

As for the tickets, I thought they broke them up into sessions but if that's not the case I'll have to go through CL.

summerkid
03-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I saw some tickets on craiglist. The lady I talked to was selling her early morning session on Thursday for $80 bucks a ticket. That's all I really know.

I'm LOVING the Duke bracket. Not too sure how Kentucky and Kansas wound up in the toughest regions...oh well.

I have plenty of room for people interested in a $20 dollar pool as well! Let me know.

how are you collecting the 20 dollars?

BlueDevil50
03-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Paypal, in person, and check. It worked out pretty well last year. I can't remember who it was but a boardie won second place last year.

Aurgasm
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
this is sad...

but where do i go to find out about NIT shit... lol

BlueDevil50
03-14-2010, 04:42 PM
lol You should be able to see the bracket on any sports site. www.cbssports.com

Aurgasm
03-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Wow.

The Arizona Wildcats fail to make the post season.

Well more fuel for the fire coming into next season.

apostle2
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Paypal, in person, and check. It worked out pretty well last year. I can't remember who it was but a boardie won second place last year.

::Raises hand::

How many people are in your pool this year? I can only do one and I'm deciding between yours and Rocke's

luckyface
03-14-2010, 07:44 PM
If you want a shot at a lot more money, you would be wise to do mine!

Sexecutioner
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
got your email rocke. just trying to decide if i have 25 to throw down. already in a couple other pools, but i might be a last minute addition.

weeklymix
03-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Rocke when does your deal close I got your email but am debating how much lube and Nutella equals $25.

luckyface
03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Up until Thursday morning, although I always tell people to take care of business Wednesday night. The sites tend to slow up so much Thursday morning as people get last minute picks in.

If we get more than the 73 entries this year, I am planning on making a new "money back" winner - Mr. Average. Whomever is dead middle. So you don't have to get last or the top 5 to take home any money.

BlueDevil50
03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
::Raises hand::

How many people are in your pool this year? I can only do one and I'm deciding between yours and Rocke's

I'll have about 20 people this year. If you want the big money pool, do Rocke's but the chances are a lot more slim. I'm doing both =)

GayPalm, you signed up?

J~$$$$
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
pm'd luckyface