PDA

View Full Version : Traffic getting into the campground

schmalz
10-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Can anyone let me know how long it usually takes them to get into the campground once they get to Indio?

Also, if you have any pro-tips those are always appreciated as well. Thanks!

Wheres the beef?
10-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Can anyone let me know how long it usually takes them to get into the campground once they get to Indio?

Also, if you have any pro-tips those are always appreciated as well. Thanks!

ProTip: Follow the sings for camping.

It depends on when you are arriving. Anytime Thursday there will be no problem getting your car in. If you are trying to get in during festival hours you are going to have to fight the festival traffic.

gaypalmsprings
10-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Parking is a bit tight.

http://carfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/absolutely-idiotic-parking-2.jpg

frozen pilgrim
10-20-2009, 04:42 PM
for the love of god, can we please please PLEASE sticky some kind of "not quite faq" thread? I know trying to stem the clutter come january is hopeless, but can't we have like, a couple more months of relative sanity?

schmalz
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Gimme a break. I searched the site for about 10 minutes before posting this.

Wheres the beef?
10-20-2009, 04:45 PM
for the love of god, can we please please PLEASE sticky some kind of "not quite faq" thread? I know trying to stem the clutter come january is hopeless, but can't we have like, a couple more months of relative sanity?

Why? People don't read it anyways.

gaypalmsprings
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Sometimes when you search, you get sexy pics.

http://www.mensunderwearstore.com/mm5/graphics/00000004/CCPAK801BLACK-F300.JPG

fergie
10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Get there on the first day of camping, Thursday at 9am. you'll be closest to the venue and the showers. Very convienient after a long day of music.

When you line up to check in to your campsite you will be thoroughly searched! Absolutely no canned drinks/no beer/no booze/no glassware of any kind. Plastic water/soda bottles that are SEALED are ok. I've seen people in disbelief that they can not bring in the above items. They either have to consume it right there or just bring it back to their car.

So checking in can be time consuming, but its not bad if there are no knuckleheads in line. Booze will be sold at the club house inside the campgrounds. Those lines are long.

Also, no guitars/drums or any kind of musical instruments. They will turn you away. I guess there was too much of a racket in the past years that poised a security/safety problem to the other campers.

blackchango
10-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Sometimes when you search, you get sexy pics.

http://www.mensunderwearstore.com/mm5/graphics/00000004/CCPAK801BLACK-F300.JPG
EEEEYEAAHHH...

aphrael
10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I've never had traffic problems driving to the campground. (Unlike, say, driving to/from the festival the year I didn't camp). Getting into the campground the first time can be a pain, though, as the line can be really long ... but then's when you break out a beer or three and get to know the people around you. :)

Leaving Monday morning can be a bit rough, however.