PDA

View Full Version : 2010 resolutions

kindablue
10-15-2009, 05:31 PM
So I've been thinking about my past encounters at Coachella and I've decided to make an effort to be an even better Coachella citizen. I really feel that certain people treat this as more than just a music festival. They treat it as a community, and that's a great feeling. So here are some things I plan to do for 2010:

Bring a Coachella virgin and put them on the path!

Meet more people from the boards. They ARE the spirit of community.

Don't find myself lost when a friend just took a new drug for the first time. (so so SO sorry Nancy!)

Relax more. I often got so wrapped up in trying to make set times that I wore myself out.

Finally, I resolve to tether myself to the people I want to be with most. Too many times I found myself alone when I wanted to share some really beautiful experiences with my friends. Texting doesn't work. Cell phones get more and more unreliable as the day wears on.

Who else can think of something they can contribute to the spirit of the Coachella community?

HAMMERHEAD
10-15-2009, 07:02 PM
make friends with strangers and make every effort possible to meet up with them in 2011!

Shredder
10-15-2009, 07:07 PM
recruit more foot members.

Technodrome DJ Set 2011

emtgreg
10-15-2009, 07:08 PM
these are suggestions and not resolutions per se:

a: see those folks feverishly looking for water bottles?
finish your water, give them the bottle!

b: get there early
no really, get there at 11am, no crowds, its the field and your feet!

c: don't overdo it, don't be stupid
drink your water, wear your sunscreen, take one pill, not 12, remember naked wizard man? well don't be him.

rskapcat
10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Hug my friends. :) I will know even more of you in 2010 than I did in 2009.

rage patton
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM
In 08, I thought I met a lot of board members... then 09 happened. Almost every set I went to, I watched with a different board member. It was awesome. I love this place.

As for my resolution, meet Marco.

rskapcat
10-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I would also like to meet Marco. And CASEY. And MATT (aka Gribble). And other people I'm probably forgetting.

Oh, and actually hug emtgreg instead of awkwardly introducing myself and walking away. :p

rage patton
10-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I tried to meet Marco in 08 AND 09. Im beginning to think he is avoiding me. I would also like to meet Dale Gribble. (I don't call board members by their real name until I have met them. Unless, their board name IS their real name that is).

Undies
10-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Meet more people from the boards. They ARE the spirit of community.

Whoa now, let's not get carried away here...

Egull
10-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Camp this year for the first time! And meet some board members, since I haven't met anyone from the board I didn't already know.

blackchango
10-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Remember to drink less beer and eat healthier meals

Aurgasm
10-15-2009, 10:11 PM
*DONT FUCK STUPID BITCHES*

my rez, 2010

Boourns
10-15-2009, 11:10 PM

This is mine, too.

kindablue
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
*DONT FUCK STUPID BITCHES*

my rez, 2010

amen brotha!

kindablue
10-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Camp this year for the first time! And meet some board members, since I haven't met anyone from the board I didn't already know.

I think I'm camping for the first time as well. Most of my friends won't do it. I think they're scared of the dark. Bunch of pussies if you ask me.

As for meeting board members, I'm down. Everyone I've met in real life so far has been amazing! Dale Gribble, Passive Theory, Feather, **NaNcY**, Forza, myself and SO many more (most of us hooked up at the Orb). If I forgot you, sorry. I'm prepared for a beat down if needed.

HAMMERHEAD
10-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Almost every set I went to, I watched with a different board member. It was awesome. I love this place.

perhaps this is a dumb question, but how do you usually meet up with board members? do you guys switch phone numbers or just plan beforehand to meet at a certain place before a set?

I think I'm camping for the first time as well. Most of my friends won't do it. I think they're scared of the dark. Bunch of pussies if you ask me.

come chill with egull and i! we're gonna have an awesome group this year, all first time campers.

feather
10-16-2009, 11:04 AM
RAVE HARDER.

locachica73
10-16-2009, 11:05 AM

I like this one, I am hoping to bring my BF this year. My sister brought me for the first time in 2008 and I have made so many new friends because she waved Prince in front of me. Now I would go even if I didn't care for any of the music.

My other, be less worried about losing control in front of new friends, sometimes losing control can be fun... or so i have heard.

sbessiso
10-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Become acquainted with the Sahara

Watch more bands I've never heard of

Eat something else other than a slice of pizza

Make it to the boardie group photo!!!

plant kisses on random raver boys in the sahara (see #1)

feather
10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
perhaps this is a dumb question, but how do you usually meet up with board members? do you guys switch phone numbers or just plan beforehand to meet at a certain place before a set?

Very logical and important question. Exchanging phone numbers is key. If there is someone in particular you want to meet, try and get their number beforehand.

It also helps to stalk the Post Your Picture thread for those random members you will find all over the Polo. We are everywhere.

There are camping groups, and various meet-ups for bands inside that will be posted in threads. Also you can come for the group picture that Ivankay will arrange before Coachella.

I guarantee I have met the most board members on this forum. Just have to network :)

locachica73
10-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes, food other then spicy pie, but NEVER NEVER NEVER again try the garlic fries. I get heartburn just thinking about it.

Gribbz
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I would also like to meet Marco. And CASEY. And MATT (aka Gribble).
:pulse :pulse

I tried to meet Marco in 08 AND 09. Im beginning to think he is avoiding me. I would also like to meet Dale Gribble. (I don't call board members by their real name until I have met them. Unless, their board name IS their real name that is).

Just call me The Gribzzz. :thu

Oh, and a resolution. No more beer gardens. Waste of money.

feather
10-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh, and a resolution. No more beer gardens. Waste of money.

Not if everyone else is buying you the beer :thu

Chugging a beer in the garden behind the Sahara and then running inside to rave is the greatest feeling ever.

kindablue
10-16-2009, 11:51 AM
come chill with egull and i! we're gonna have an awesome group this year, all first time campers.

aw, fa sho! Sounds like a plan, Stan!

Gribbz
10-16-2009, 11:53 AM

Chugging a beer in the garden behind the Sahara and then running inside to rave is the greatest feeling ever.

Free beer? Turrrrible.

It's too hot for me to get drunk. Forza and I chugged a bunch of beers before Paul McCartney and I had to break the seal right when he came on. No bueno.

Drink up though. :thu

kindablue
10-16-2009, 12:29 PM

Damn right. Free beer always tastes better. Even if it WAS heiniken, there was a really nice Canadian Father/Daughter duo who kept buying me rounds during TVOTR. Hopefully I can return the karma and buy you one next year.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Have sex with forzapalermo04 and SoulDischarge

Sexecutioner
10-16-2009, 01:14 PM
RAVE HARDER.

this is mine also.

sin213
10-16-2009, 01:44 PM
i'm going to resolve to not make resolutions for new year's anymore.

it's not like i ever keep even one....

SoulDischarge
10-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Win the fucking scavenger hunt.

OCMusicJunkie
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Last year was my first time, I learned many things. This year I resolve to :

1) Either camp or stay within 2 miles (hotel booked- haven't decided which yet). Last year I stayed somewhere off the I-10 like 30 miles away because I waited too long. NOT what I wanted to do at midnight after a whole day at the show.

2) Get there EARLY. The parking and security situation is just so much better. You can always find some shade to nap in during a gap in sets.

3) Do much, much more planning and investigation so that I know which band I want to see at any given time. I had highlighted maybe 5-7 bands a day, but that left me randomly searching between some sets. No bueno.

4) If camping or staying at the hotel right in town, "take three, not one". Last year I had to worry about being okay to drive afterward, which made things a lot less fun after about 8pm.

feather
10-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Goals:

1) Meet Young Blood and give him a big hug and kiss
2) Find a way to have the pool of ballz in the Sahara
3) Get on stage at one of my favorite acts in the Sahara
4) Get Salah in the Sahara
5) Meet Paul Tollet

...those are just a few but I most likely will just rave my ass off.

Sleepingrock
10-16-2009, 05:44 PM
2)Find a way to have the pool of ballz in the Sahara

Everyone comes in with parachute pants filled with balls, someone uses the pool as their camping tent..... then assemble in the sahara

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Goals:

1) Meet Young Blood and give him a big hug and kiss
2) Find a way to have the pool of ballz in the Sahara
3) Get on stage at one of my favorite acts in the Sahara
4) Get Salah in the Sahara
5) Meet Paul Tollet

...those are just a few but I most likely will just rave my ass off.

very good list.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
In 08, I thought I met a lot of board members... then 09 happened. Almost every set I went to, I watched with a different board member. It was awesome. I love this place.

As for my resolution, meet Marco.

I would also like to meet Marco. And CASEY. And MATT (aka Gribble). And other people I'm probably forgetting.

Oh, and actually hug emtgreg instead of awkwardly introducing myself and walking away. :p

:pulse

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 05:57 PM

NEVER GOT YR TEXTZ!!!! I meet other boardies why would I avoid my Canadian friend!!!

sbessiso
10-16-2009, 05:58 PM
fuck Marco. That cholo owes me a churro

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-16-2009, 05:59 PM
fuck Marco. That cholo owes me a churro

Marco + Cholo = LULZ

Marco + Churro = yum

Marco + Salah + Churro = Aw Yeah!

Egull
10-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Oh and also meet/watch Monsters of Folk with Salah, assuming they play, and he is down.

sbessiso
10-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh we're definitely meeting, and if MOF don't play we will watch another band of equal or lesser value :)

Marco + Salah + Churro = Aw Yeah!

mmmm caramel filled churros

Egull
10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh we're definitely meeting, and if MOF don't play we will watch another band of equal or lesser value :)

Haha sounds like a plan, you better be there! Enough with this, "I don't know if I'm going" nonsense.

EastLos01
11-16-2009, 07:09 AM
-I resolve to not be a Lurker by the time Coachella 2010 comes around.
-To accept glow sticks that are handed to me, and know they come with no strings attached. ( I don't know who it was but thank you for the glowsticks I recieved right before Sr. Paul last year)
-To not be such a slave to the Main Stage, and wander out and about to other tents and find new music.(last year I finally wandered out and about a lil bit, and it was good times.
-Try something OTHER THAN Mexican food at the Food Tents.(unless they sell carne asada fries)
-Get there earlier so I don't have to walk 7 miles to get to the entrance from the parking lot.
-Try and get another ride from the stoned guy driving the golf carts back to the car. LOTSA FUN.
-Enjoy more time sitting at the entrance... LOTSA amazing people watching goes on in that area right outside the gates.
-Meet some board members. ( if this were to occur, just know my motto is hugs, not handshakes).
-to not be tased by the IPD

Egull
11-16-2009, 08:47 AM
-to not be tased by the IPD

Is that you naked wizard?

EastLos01
11-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Is that you naked wizard?

LMAO.. No, but I'd like to think that others learn lessons so I can be a better person.

Spongehead56
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
1. Bring at least 1 Coachella virgin with me
2. Arrive Thursday night instead of friday morning (TRAFFIC)
3. Meet more board members; I've only met like 5 of you.
4. Bring more MONEY
5. Try one of the bloody marys in the campground

edit: Oh, and if I'm watching a great performance, I'm going to stick around instead of trying to follow my predetermined "schedule".

EastLos01
11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
bloody mary's? I'm lost...

Cdubby
11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
2008 was better for me personally (musically as well) and I think because I followed these rules-

The Pros-
-I went solo, so I watched what I wanted when I wanted, didn't have to worry about meet-ups etc.
-I researched the shit out of the lineup and came away with music that I still put on today
The cons-
-I kept to myself pretty much in the camp group- left feeling like I should have socialized a little more and not focused so much on the music

In 2009 I went with a friend, who in turn brought along an annoying friend (ughhh this killed it)

Pros-
-Got to hang out and share the experience with a friend

Cons-
-Still didn't socialize much in the camp group (but met a lot more people)
-Compromised on acts and ended up watching stuff I didn't know much about and wasn't impressed
-Annoying people make even Coachella lame at times
-Didn't research the lineup nearly as much

Resolutions-

Socialize more (drink/etc with all you rad dudes- stay up an hour or two after the main headliner before crawling in my tent)
Not feel chained to a friend if they come with
Run far, far away from annoying people
Research the shit out of the lineup again

emtgreg
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I met up with two of my closest and best friends in the multiverse this year on Sunday, (they just came for a day, they are both broke but wanted to come). We hung out, I peaced out after a while with "It's Coachella, Have your experience, not mine, we can catch up tonight!".

They had an amazing time, it is a good idea to remember that there is no need to be chained to your friends, gives you more to talk about later if you DON'T do everything together!

Spongehead56
11-16-2009, 11:49 AM
bloody mary's? I'm lost...

In the bar connected to the campground they sell bloody marys, which seem to rather popular in the morning before the festival opens up. I've never tried one (they sound gross as hell), but there must be something worthwhile about them if they're so popular.

emtgreg
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Bloody Mary's are a great. I have two shots of espresso, and a bloody mary during party weekend mornings. It is like stomping on the gas and the brakes, at the same time.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
11-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I met up with two of my closest and best friends in the multiverse this year on Sunday, (they just came for a day, they are both broke but wanted to come). We hung out, I peaced out after a while with "It's Coachella, Have your experience, not mine, we can catch up tonight!".

They had an amazing time, it is a good idea to remember that there is no need to be chained to your friends, gives you more to talk about later if you DON'T do everything together!

yes, this is the way to do it...go with friends, but with the understanding that you have different thing you want to do!

This year we had a hotel group of about 12 people, but for the most part during the day i was totally alone. We woudl run into each other set times to meet up either to have drinks or to see a specific act that some of us wanted to see, and that works out well (at least for us).

EDIT: and another piece of advice:

Don't feel committed to a set just because you are there. if you're not really feeling a particular artist at the moment, you shouldn't chain yourself to the stage simply for the sake of seeing a full set. there are 6 other stages (if you count the Do Lab and Dome) of music going on that you're missing out on, so walk away and go find something else! I catch a LOT of partial sets at various times of the day, and often times i've accidentally stumbled into some amazing performances that i had not previously scheduled

sleepybrew
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
bloody marys are the way to go in the morning at the campsite. usually a ritual for the group i go with.

1) our campsite gets better and better every year with more people and more shade. this year i want to really go all out. room to dance and play music, even more booze than the insane amount we brough last year, misters, etc.
2) every year i've been lucky enough to bring at least 3 newbies; so continue that tradition
3) stay away from the confirmed artist/monklish threads. last year's announcement of the lineup didn't have the surprise for me as past years
4) continue to go with a great group of people in which we can hang out all at once, or roam around by ourselves, and everything inbetween with no bitching. everyone just gets along.
5) have sex at coachella. have not done this yet :)

eskamo951
11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I think my main goal is not be alone after I lose some control. Or at least to stay confined to the Sahara. I'm sure I freaked out some hipster girls at the main and outdoor stages...
Edit: No, I know I freaked out those hipster girls...

ElinorRigby
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
definitely stay up late enough to join the traveling party on saturday night. i have passed out early from too much partying all day two years in a row and i'm not doing that again this year.

also make sure none of my friends get arrested. that was and awful experience last year.

Boourns
12-11-2009, 05:21 AM
1. Bring a coachella virgin. A free ticket should make this easier.
2. Spend less money
3. Figure out a way to avoid blisters (impossible?)
4. Get rail for someone good
5. Do not buy any records. Thought I was safe this year by not campingbut some cunt kicked and bent my radiohead record during the chemical brothers
6. As good as smoothies, sambazons, frozen lemonades are, they are an overpriced unnecessity
7. Get a poster set, if available.
8. Don't forget a tote bag or backpack. The one I bought this year I haven't even used since

Devin the Dude
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM
DO NOT TAKE XANAX.

/end

humanoid
12-11-2009, 12:52 PM
DO NOT TAKE XANAX.

/end

until the morning after

zimmy1222
12-11-2009, 02:23 PM

Barefoot!

Keen sandals are the greatest things of all time, if we're excluding the smell.

I didn't wear shoes for most of the day... Better than 08 when i did.

1. Bring a 'chella virgin for sure
2. Get rail once a day (only did it once (MIA08) NOT by choice. Was watching Junkie XL and the rush of the crowd for MIA literally pinned me against it. And I happen to like Junkie XL, sorry I wasn't @ Kraftwerk)
3. Spend more time @ Outdoor, Mohave, Gobi
4. Take every opportunity to stop by the Do Lab to get sprayed down
5. Keep meeting new people
6. Rage with some board members, for once in my life...

Ha.SK
12-11-2009, 07:12 PM
1. stay away from garlic fries and pizza while sitting in the hot sun then thinking a frozen lemonade will help my stomache. it didnt.
im going to stick with lite foods like salads.

2. smoking before i get to coachella and then wait till late afternoon to drink. drinking all day is very tiresome and expensive.

3. go with people that actually want to be there meaning if my boyfriend doesnt want to come then fuck it ill go with someone else or alone.

4. try to stay through more then 2 songs during a bands set. earlier this year we ran to so many different areas and i didnt get a chance to hear the songs that i wanted.

5. DRINK TONS OF WATER. forget about the slushies/soda.

paulthomasanderson
12-11-2009, 07:25 PM
3. go with people that actually want to be there meaning if my boyfriend doesnt want to come then fuck it ill go with someone else or alone.

Meeting up with Coachella-goers, depending on the variety of personalities that is, will make you forget you even had a boyfriend. Just saying.

Ha.SK
12-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Meeting up with Coachella-goers, depending on the variety of personalities that is, will make you forget you even had a boyfriend. Just saying.

hmmm.

emtgreg
12-11-2009, 10:40 PM
PTA speaks Truth.

Also, Hey, whats up :)

TallGuyCM
12-12-2009, 06:54 PM
2010 resolution: more drugs.

SammySosaLover97
12-12-2009, 06:57 PM
more cock

getbetter
12-12-2009, 07:10 PM
to meet danny devito is what i hope for almost every year

Ha.SK
12-12-2009, 11:56 PM
hes the only man im probably taller than

12-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Defiantly chill out more between sets.
I was so paranoid I was gonna get a crappy spot for my favorite band.
I didn't really stop and enjoy the Coachella atmosphere cept a little bit Sunday.
Gotta do a lot more of that for 2010.

cansei de ser sexme
12-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I am going to try and limit my sahara usage. I keep missing really good acts. Ex: I come out of bloody beetroots and fleet foxes just doesn't sound right when I am missing crookers.

aguila26
12-14-2009, 12:45 AM
smoke drugs

zimmy1222
12-14-2009, 10:14 AM
hes the only man im probably taller than

Devito in skinny jeans on IASIP was the funniest thing I have seen in a long while.

Ravingmad
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
-I resolve to not be a Lurker by the time Coachella 2010 comes around.
-To accept glow sticks that are handed to me, and know they come with no strings attached. ( I don't know who it was but thank you for the glowsticks I recieved right before Sr. Paul last year)

I wonder if that was me! My girlfriend and I bought a retarded amount of glowsticks for some reason and we were running around giving them out that night. People reacted either with fear and suspicion (assuming we were trying to sell them), or offering us a puff in exchange (if they were stoned), or a kiss (if they were high on something else). It was pretty funny.

Resolutions this year:

1) Learn to stick around for at least half of a full set instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to see everyone at once.
2) More water, less pseudo-margarita
3) Get picture with DeVito

dantoro
12-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I wonder if that was me! My girlfriend and I bought a retarded amount of glowsticks for some reason and we were running around giving them out that night. People reacted either with fear and suspicion (assuming we were trying to sell them), or offering us a puff in exchange (if they were stoned), or a kiss (if they were high on something else). It was pretty funny.

Resolutions this year:

1) Learn to stick around for at least half of a full set instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to see everyone at once.
2) More water, less pseudo-margarita
3) Get picture with DeVito

If I took the glowstick I would then need a pacifier necklace, vicks mask, fuzzy backpack... must I go on?

i'm with you on the more water and less running around part.

EDIT: and using my Coachella Iphone app

TheWatcher
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Try to stay till the end of the night every night. Each year so far, one of the days had a large gap in the middle of the day with nothing I was interested in, so I ended up leaving, missing some epic performances.

meaganpeach
12-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Keep a grip on the time, i always end up taking another bean at like 11pm, and then peaking as i'm leaving.. and then i have the sahara tent in my head all night while i try to sleep.
so my resolution: time my come down with 12am.

oh and... i kept running up to people i thought i knew and hugging them, and then realizing i didn't know them, i think i scared the shit out of some people.. but really when you live in the valley i see someone i know about every 5-10 min! haha

Devin the Dude
12-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Devito in skinny jeans on IASIP was the funniest thing I have seen in a long while.

THIS.

12-14-2009, 06:24 PM
More time in the Sahara.

LeK5Y
12-14-2009, 08:55 PM
2010 Resolution: Lose Coachella virginity.

unit300021
12-15-2009, 12:58 AM
to see atleast one band each day ive never heard of before. ive come to realized ive missed some great sets because ive never heard of them until after the fact.

emtgreg
12-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Keep a grip on the time, i always end up taking another bean at like 11pm, and then peaking as i'm leaving.. and then i have the sahara tent in my head all night while i try to sleep.
so my resolution: time my come down with 12am.

oh and... i kept running up to people i thought i knew and hugging them, and then realizing i didn't know them, i think i scared the shit out of some people.. but really when you live in the valley i see someone i know about every 5-10 min! haha

Camp, and dance in the dome! problem solved!!

hahah

emtgreg
12-15-2009, 01:31 AM

WORD

psycobetabuckdown
12-15-2009, 01:35 AM

Does this mean campground, any time during the weekend, or inside the festival grounds itself?

LeK5Y
12-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Does this mean campground, any time during the weekend, or inside the festival grounds itself?

All of the above.

sassypants
12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
familiarize myself with more bands before the festival so I have a better idea of who to see. I call it my coachella research.

TheCutestBoyAlive
12-15-2009, 07:29 PM
2. Spend less money
4. Get rail for someone good
5. Do not buy any records. Thought I was safe this year by not campingbut some cunt kicked and bent my radiohead record during the chemical brothers
6. As good as smoothies, sambazons, frozen lemonades are, they are an overpriced unnecessity
7. Get a poster set, if available.
8. Don't forget a tote bag or backpack. The one I bought this year I haven't even used since

I bought like 5 records at the record store at coachella last year. They are able to hold them till the festival closes. So I didn't have to carry them all day, that would've been a drag!

TheCutestBoyAlive
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
my resolution is to punch anyone I see putting stickers on the set time poster on each stage. By the afternoon on each day its so covered in stickers, you can't even see anything. Stupid people, tagging with stickers or tagging in general is retarded, and nobody reads your shit. Just a waste of paper and a huge annoyance.

I'll also be sure to accept any and all mix cds that are distributed at the exit of the festival. They are usually really good.

Try and sneak in again. It's soo easy!

Do not drink beer at the beer garden, so expensive and retarded, except when hot bartender grls shoot me with their toy water gun and I gets a tiny boner.

Take a pooo in the morning before leaving home.

Avoid taking drugs.

Get myspace URLS for every hot chick I meet before waiting for 'mega hyped' band to come up.

Dance with strangers.

Do not get drunk in the parking lot before the show, ur buzz will wear off before you even get in the festival and you'll have a headache for the rest of the day, at least that's what happened to me last year.

psycobetabuckdown
12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Main goal is to drive down with more than one person this year. Never road tripped to Coachella in a group before.

Get myspace URLS for every hot chick I meet before waiting for 'mega hyped' band to come up.

I thought there was something funny about your post, and this is where it went into ultimate creeper mode.

Ha.SK
12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Do not get drunk in the parking lot before the show, ur buzz will wear off before you even get in the festival and you'll have a headache for the rest of the day, at least that's what happened to me last year.

HAHA thats what happened to me.

hence now ill be smoking in the day, drinking at night.

fiopadp7791
12-16-2009, 01:27 AM
My resolution-

Just make it to the 'fest. Had such an awesome time in '06 and '08 (on-site camped both years), but have unfortunately not been able to attend the odd numbered years :(

Would be nice to meet a few board members. I've been friendly and kept in touch with a few random campers over the years, but no one from the boards.

amyzzz
12-16-2009, 02:13 PM
spend more time with boardies at coach. I wandered around alone a few times last year and ended up lonely.

EastLos01
12-17-2009, 11:45 PM

Awesome use of your Gift Boourns

ok I already passed Lurker status so one of my resolutions is already met. I also need to remember not just to bring but use sunlock. Was a lifesaver in 07 when waiting all day For Rage.

Drink alot more water not just day of, but couple days before.

Be some level of intoxicated after the Sun goes down. I've seen too many people way too gone too early in the day.

nettson
12-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Hello,

I kept to most of my resolutions for 2009 except learning to make croissants and to play the banjo. I paid off my credit cards and started saving a set amount every paycheck (until I got laid off), acquired a sewing machine and got better at beading and wire wrapping. I still don't have any credit card debt, but I don't have much in my savings either. I did buy a banjo, but never got around to lessons. I want to get a proper food mixer before I take on the task of learning to make really good croissants, so that's still on the list for 2010, plus learning the banjo. New to 2010: Get a job, start my savings up again, pay off my student loan, get a proper food mixer, learn to crochet and clean out all the clutter in the house.

Ravingmad
12-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Hello,

I kept to most of my resolutions for 2009 except learning to make croissants and to play the banjo. I paid off my credit cards and started saving a set amount every paycheck (until I got laid off), acquired a sewing machine and got better at beading and wire wrapping. I still don't have any credit card debt, but I don't have much in my savings either. I did buy a banjo, but never got around to lessons. I want to get a proper food mixer before I take on the task of learning to make really good croissants, so that's still on the list for 2010, plus learning the banjo. New to 2010: Get a job, start my savings up again, pay off my student loan, get a proper food mixer, learn to crochet and clean out all the clutter in the house.

I do not think this thread means you what think it means.

3imaginaryboys
12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
^lulz

I'm a Coachella virgin, so I'll probably have resolutions next year.