PDA

View Full Version : Coming from Australia

amanda86
10-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Any pointers on whether to camp or stay in a hotel?

Any other Aussies going next year?

Aussies that have been - how does it compare to Splendour, Falls or meredith?

slurpee
10-13-2009, 07:16 AM
On site camping at the festival.

There are a good amount of Aussies who go every year. There are a few threads you can check out with similar replies.

Coachella = Splendour x100 in the desert.

frazzles
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33050

mindsy
10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Went this year 09, had an awesome time, would def recommended camping, as you get to meet heaps of people from all over the world.

I did notice a bunch of fellow aussies around, most of them came down from Canada after working the snow season up there.

Havent been to meredith or falls fests, but have been to few splendours and I can say I had a way better time at Coachella, is why im headed back there in 2010.

Its a completely diff crowd and attitude and in my opinion, Coachella has a lot less wankers than most Aussie fests

Sigur Ros Stache
10-13-2009, 03:31 PM
could you please bring Midnight Juggernauts with you? Thanks in advance ;)

StillDancing
10-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Let me explain my situation, Im an american who grew up in LA and was at coachella 2009, but I now live in Sydney, and will be in oz for a longggggg time to come.

Fellow aussie residents, coachella owns, I actually havent been to any festivals here yet cause Ive only been here for a couple months (going to stereosonic, big day out, and shore thing soon though). Ive talked to alot of people about this and I think australia has WAY more REALLY GOOD festivals than the states, however, the states does have the one best festival in the world =).

Are you aussies really headed over for coachella? I REALLY REALLY wanna go as its also another oppurtunity to see alot of good friends however flying back "home" to cali and back isnt too cheap.

shaftinc
12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm a Melbournian, heading to Coachella 2010.... Travelling Solo. Looking forward to meeting plenty of new characters from around the world... Including fellow Aussies!!

Just Ace
12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Hubby and I are coming from Perth - this is our first trip overseas.

We looked at camping but I know I will want a hot shower at the end of the day with no interuptions so we ended up renting a condo over in Indian Wells. It's about 11km away from the polo field and is $500 US for four nights which is heaps cheaper then the hotels we were looking at.

Gyrus
12-08-2009, 08:03 PM
mate, shits all over anything me have here :)
It's like the Big Day Out x 3 days with camping, sprinkle of that Nimbin magic, pinch of that Newtown arthouse kitsch, dab of that North Shore Sydney wanker crowd, splash of Splendour and voila, Coachella.

Been twice now, going again this year.
I've camped, it rocked (although it's not nice being awoken by the Death Star Alarm clock oven - aka the sun - every morning at 6AM)
I've hotel'd it, it rocked even harder (and woke up with air con and drinks at the pool bar).
Either way you'll have a fuckin blast.
We stayed at the Renaissance Esmerelda and it was fuckin awesome (expensive but awesome) and some of the acts from Coachella stay there as it's well pimpin'

TheUnderworld
12-08-2009, 08:12 PM
mate, shits all over anything me have here :)

I love Aussies.

seanyb
12-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I love Aussies.

wanna make out?

Gyrus
12-15-2009, 07:56 PM
lol meant to say WE have here, not "me have here" aka bogan style...

"where's me fuckin beerrrrrr"

Duvel
12-15-2009, 08:51 PM
yeah, went this year (2009), was a frickin blast.

Would recommend it in the highest of highs.

right up there with Meredith (on a MUCH bigger scale).

Camp, it's so much fun.

Aussie met up ( a few days beforehand) in LA (Santa Monica, maybe?)??

nbvcide
12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Any pointers on whether to camp or stay in a hotel?

Any other Aussies going next year?

Aussies that have been - how does it compare to Splendour, Falls or meredith?

Camp.

it's what the other 400 aussies are doing..

Ajaxe
12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Aussie met up ( a few days beforehand) in LA (Santa Monica, maybe?)??

I'm up for that.

Anyway I made a new facebook group for Aussies @ Coachella

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=224142251515

Hopefully that works Ive never made a facebook group before. Join if your Aussie and coming this year 2010 or if you've been and have some awesome pics and stories to share or even if your not aussie and want in on some Aussie action :D

I'm way to hyped up for this now... I wish it was April already!!

slurpee
12-30-2009, 12:09 PM
sprinkle of that Nimbin magic

ha!

beekayem
12-30-2009, 06:16 PM
There will be a group of us coming from Vegas this year.

wazdog
01-21-2010, 03:41 AM
I'm pretty sure I will be coming. Sydney represent : )

Last year was amazing and no festival has come close since then, except for Days Like This.

oh_no_eric
01-21-2010, 04:03 AM
could you please bring Midnight Juggernauts with you? Thanks in advance ;)

I second this request.

wazdog
01-21-2010, 05:40 PM
im making an early call on this but i think the swiss are an aussie act to be making moves this year ;)

BDOeatyourheartout
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
camp

there will be heaps of aussies camping.

and yes. it will sh*t on any festival we have here