PDA

View Full Version : 50sq feet?

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-18-2007, 11:48 PM
What is that comparable to? Half a tennis court? 30 large pizza boxes? I am completely oblivious to the measurements of flat space.

My friend and I are all about kicking out the jams. Are we gonna have enough room for our early-morning dance routine, or what?

corpathina
02-18-2007, 11:53 PM
edit: i'm stupid.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-18-2007, 11:57 PM
that'd be 25 X 25, which is probably larger than your bedroom. it's a pretty large area.. if you just have one tent, you definitely have room for dancing, rolling around, jazzercise, or whatever else you like to do. i always think about it in the tile floor sense - each standard tile in a tile floor is a 1 square foot. now use your imagination.

i wonder if you could arrange your campsite in a 1 x 50 strip. that'd be hilarious.

Uh... 25 x 25= 625 sq.ft., not fifty.

50 square feet = 5 x 10 rectangle, or about 7 x 7 feet square.

Smaller than your room, big enough to set up a tent. Not big enough for much of anything else.

corpathina
02-19-2007, 12:00 AM
shit sorry, i knew that.

i could blame it on mardi gras, but fuck.. i'm just stupid.

worldwide2020
02-19-2007, 12:04 AM
You get unlimited vertical space....my tent has four floors and a sunning deck.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 12:10 AM
You get unlimited vertical space....my tent has four floors and a sunning deck.

That's gonna be great for my aerial kick flips, but shit for the sachÍs, and conga line.

...GUTE VERDOMME!

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 12:18 AM
So I'm guessing like...a really tall guy, lying perpendicular to another tall guy. So basically...a square of really tall guys.

That's shitty. You'd think they could do a little better for a hundred bucks.

A note to my future neighbors- I smoke. And I'll probably be tanning in the mornings. I'm European, it's what I do. So if by any chance, you're opposed to my smells, or near-nudity, blame someone else.

dinosaurateme
02-19-2007, 12:21 AM
WHAT!!! how am i going to play helicopter? You know, the game with the jump rope and people jump over it? Or how are we going to play red rover? Now i can't.
Thanks coachella, for ruining my life.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 12:23 AM
WHAT!!! how am i going to play helicopter? You know, the game with the jump rope and people jump over it? Or how are we going to play red rover? Now i can't.
Thanks coachella, for ruining my life.

I can totally imagine us waking up really early for that, just so we can use our still-sleeping neighbors' space, and have them wake up with us running around their tent, and giggling like a bunch of tards.

Mctommy
02-19-2007, 01:51 AM
50 feet is actually a pretty decent amount of space for 2. Typical camping tent that are 7x7 sleep 3 people.

mcddjj
02-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Actually thats 50sq ft per person. With two people you get more room according to the FAQ.

What size tent can we bring/how much space do we get?

If you are not sharing a tent with anyone else, it may be as large as 7' x 7' (aprox. 50 square feet). If you are sharing a tent with other onsite campers your tent may take up an additional 7' x 7' (50 square feet) of space per person.

cuchulainn
02-19-2007, 05:05 AM
hhhmmm, guess ill have to bring my short cat (thats short as in not long not short as in not tall) for my morning swinging sessions. unless there is a fellow cat swinger who wants to camp next door and we could take turn sharing our space?

are we allowed to set up a shade structure between a group if there are a few of us ?

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 05:55 AM
hhhmmm, guess ill have to bring my short cat (thats short as in not long not short as in not tall) for my morning swinging sessions. unless there is a fellow cat swinger who wants to camp next door and we could take turn sharing our space?

are we allowed to set up a shade structure between a group if there are a few of us ?

...Cats don't even like rock music.

faxman75
02-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Actually thats 50sq ft per person. With two people you get more room according to the FAQ.

If you are not sharing a tent with anyone else, it may be as large as 7' x 7' (aprox. 50 square feet). If you are sharing a tent with other onsite campers your tent may take up an additional 7' x 7' (50 square feet) of space per person.

YOu guys are all being to specific and literal. Honestly if you have 2 people, it doesn't mean you are going to get a tent and then some wide open space. The extra space is for a bigger tent. YOu can pretty much get away with any reasonable size tent and you will have less than 5-7 feet between you and your neighbors tent.

cuchulainn
02-19-2007, 07:09 AM
...Cats don't even like rock music.

rock music doesnt like cats... and neither do i (thats part of the reason i like to swing them at rock fesivals)

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 07:12 AM
rock music doesnt like cats... and neither do i (thats part of the reason i like to swing them at rock fesivals)

Hahaha, I thought it was foreighn slang.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 07:13 AM
YOu guys are all being to specific and literal. Honestly if you have 2 people, it doesn't mean you are going to get a tent and then some wide open space. The extra space is for a bigger tent. YOu can pretty much get away with any reasonable size tent and you will have less than 5-7 feet between you and your neighbors tent.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, STOP CRAPPING ON MY PARADE.

silvalex
02-19-2007, 03:31 PM
So I'm guessing like...a really tall guy, lying perpendicular to another tall guy. So basically...a square of really tall guys.

That's shitty. You'd think they could do a little better for a hundred bucks.

A note to my future neighbors- I smoke. And I'll probably be tanning in the mornings. I'm European, it's what I do. So if by any chance, you're opposed to my smells, or near-nudity, blame someone else.

If you're 200lbs+, and hairy, there will be some problems.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
If you're 200lbs+, and hairy, there will be some problems.

Luckily, I weight about 125, and shave every day. However, if I WAS fat and hairy, I'd still do it, with complete disregard for everyone else.

silvalex
02-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Luckily, I weight about 125, and shave every day. However, if I WAS fat and hairy, I'd still do it, with complete disregard for everyone else.

yesssssssss!!!
hmmm 125, euro, daily shaving...camping on site is looking better and better.lol

boarderwoozel3
02-19-2007, 04:01 PM
No snoring! That would be shitty to get stuck next to the snorer.

Melissa
02-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I plan on bringing ear plugs. Snorers have at it!

vinylmartyr
02-19-2007, 07:14 PM
7wHKbRNq21g

psychic friend
02-19-2007, 07:19 PM
i didnt read the whole thread but, 50 square feet is aprox 7 x 7 foot.
You can buy tents of that size that say they sleep "2 to 3" people though I own one myself and say 2 people plus all your stuff will fit nicely.

Gongshow
02-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Am I allowed to land my chopper in that space or should I go elsewhere?

silvalex
02-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Am I allowed to land my chopper in that space or should I go elsewhere?

You must be balling out of control if you have a chopper that has a 7ft main rotor diameter. Are you going to pop out of it like a bunch of clowns stuffed in a minicooper?

foto_synthesis
02-21-2007, 09:33 AM

I fbought a 9' x 9' (81 sq. foot) 6 ft. high tent online. It's perfect for 2 people and a queen size air mattress with room to spare. Just look around online.

corpathina
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.active-robots.com/products/radio-control/helicopter/helihand-500.jpg