Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Sleepingrock
10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Speculation, rumours, info anything of that sort

I'm going almost 100% unless shit happens, almost no matter the line up

Past experiences??

righteousdnk
10-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I'll most likely make the trek to it again next year.

Ardentbiscuit
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I went this year! Awesome, definitely going again!

yeahfontaine
10-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I'll make the trek over as long as the lineup is solid. I've been to so many over the years that now it's tradition more than anything else, although I have to admit that the drunk-ass idiot camping "party" all night every night has gotten kinda grating.

Top Sasquatch experiences of the last few years...in no particular order

The Mars Volta
The Flaming Lips UFO show
Beastie Boys
Interpol
Ghostland Observatory

Ardentbiscuit
10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
The VIP camping was pretty good.

It was much more quiet than the other camping.

And it wasn't that much more expensive.

boarderwoozel3
10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Good god this is an early thread!

Regardless, I've purchased a pass only to sell it the week of the show for whatever reason three years in a row now. I do regret missing 07. Arcade Fire, Bjork et all would have been lovely.

yeahfontaine
10-06-2009, 08:59 PM
The VIP camping was pretty good.

It was much more quiet than the other camping.

And it wasn't that much more expensive.

Really? Awesome. Thanks for the tip--I'll have to check that out this year!

Cdubby
10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Im in on this. I've been wanting to roadtrip this for awhile now and I'm setting my sights on next year.

superfiction
10-06-2009, 09:12 PM
i bet i will make it one day. like i do every year.

faxman75
10-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I have gone the last two years. I intend on going again this year. I love the Gorge so much.

Boourns
10-06-2009, 09:27 PM
It looks beautiful; would like to check it out someday.

fikus222
10-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Sasquatch is most definitely worth it.

I will go again this year so long as it does not interfere with the funds necessary to celebrate receiving my graduate degree.

The Gorge is easily one of the best venues in the country.

rage patton
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll make the trek over as long as the lineup is solid. I've been to so many over the years that now it's tradition more than anything else, although I have to admit that the drunk-ass idiot camping "party" all night every night has gotten kinda grating.

Top Sasquatch experiences of the last few years...in no particular order

The Mars Volta
The Flaming Lips UFO show
Beastie Boys
Interpol
Ghostland Observatory

Oh dear Lord. The Mars Volta at Saquatch was one of the shittiest live shows I have ever experience. EVER. To put this in context, I am a HUGE Mars Volta fan. I have seen them 4 or 5 times. Deloused In the Comatorium is on my top 10 list of the decade. But their "performance" at Sasquatch was utter horseshit.

The Flaming Lips UFO show on the other hand, is the third best show I have ever seen. Incredible.

Also... Jeff, you have no excuse. :nono And Bryce, well, at least you made it to one day in 08.

paulb
10-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Thank god for Sasquatch and the 2 Beastie Boys shows, and 2 NIN shows....

Boourns
10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Thank god for Sasquatch and the 2 Beastie Boys shows, and 2 NIN shows....

You are supposed to be at Asobi Seksu right now :nono

paulb
10-06-2009, 10:19 PM
sorry....saw Zombieland instead....i promise ill see Asobi someday.

Boourns
10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Zombieland will be in your town for more than one day over the next several months/year :nono

rage patton
10-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh also, just throwing this out there...

Pearl Jam headlining 2 nights at Sasquatch next year.

fikus222
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Boo.

paulb
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Beastie Boys will be back to headline next year....deal with it.

Boourns
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
David Bowie is headlining.

paulb
10-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Sasquatch? never.

superfiction
10-07-2009, 03:04 AM

i dunno about two but them headlining this year definitely crossed my mind

faxman75
10-16-2009, 01:00 PM
http://pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060722/2.jpg

Gribbz
10-16-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm planning on going. How much are VIP tickets?

Ardentbiscuit
10-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't think the VIP tickets are worth it.

But VIP camping is definitely worth it.

Gribbz
10-16-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't think the VIP tickets are worth it.

But VIP camping is definitely worth it.

Err that's what I meant.

yeahfontaine
10-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh dear Lord. The Mars Volta at Saquatch was one of the shittiest live shows I have ever experience. EVER. To put this in context, I am a HUGE Mars Volta fan. I have seen them 4 or 5 times. Deloused In the Comatorium is on my top 10 list of the decade. But their "performance" at Sasquatch was utter horseshit.

Fascinating. That show is in my top 10 for its pure unadulterated ENERGY. Perhaps you've forgotten. Let me refresh your memory.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=221&pictureid=1242

http://www.coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=221&pictureid=1241

http://www.coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=221&pictureid=1240

http://www.coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=221&pictureid=1239

http://www.coachella.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=221&pictureid=1238

P.S. Deloused is not their best album. Just sayin...

karecares
10-17-2009, 11:22 AM
i may try to go again next yr but not sure.. my issues

SHOWERS were beyond subpar.....2 areas w 4 showers for the vip camp area? didnt fucking cut it. If they did something about that this year it would be more probable otherwise its going to be a kick ass line up

fikus222
10-17-2009, 02:43 PM
SHOWERS were beyond subpar.....2 areas w 4 showers for the vip camp area? didnt fucking cut it. If they did something about that this year it would be more probable otherwise its going to be a kick ass line up

I had VIP for Phish (which was in August) and the shower situation went really smoothly.

I saw the Mars Volta at the Berkeley Greek Theater in '05, they didn't have an opener and they played for like 2.5 hours straight. It was a a lot of fun, but I don't ever need to see them again.

moomoo
10-17-2009, 02:55 PM

http://imgur.com/vqJ1g.gif

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-17-2009, 03:04 PM
hmmm.....this will be loads closer now.

Ardentbiscuit
10-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Just get up earlier, take a shower and then go back to sleep.

That's what I did and it worked out fine.

wmgaretjax
10-17-2009, 03:23 PM
hmmm.....this will be loads closer now.

I'll be done with school by then. If the line up is good. I'm there.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
we still need to meet for a drink when I get to SF.

suprefan
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Sunny Day Real Estate for Sasquatch. Just sayin.........

wmgaretjax
10-17-2009, 05:37 PM
we still need to meet for a drink when I get to SF.

certainly. if you get that place in Berkeley, it should be cake.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-17-2009, 05:44 PM
crossing my fingers.

fikus222
10-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Sunny Day Real Estate for Sasquatch. Just sayin.........

and I wouldn't mind at all.

rage patton
10-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Fascinating. That show is in my top 10 for its pure unadulterated ENERGY. Perhaps you've forgotten. Let me refresh your memory.

Sure, they had lots of energy, but you are confusing energy with sounding good. The two times I had seen them prior, they had lots of energy AND sounded good. In fact, the times I had seen them before, Cedric was MORE energetic, wild, crazy and frantic, AND they sounded not only good... but amazing. There is no excuse for how shitty of a set they played at Sasquatch. Im sorry if I am sounding harsh here, but that Sasquatch performance really made it hit home with me that The Mars Volta are no longer a good band. They used to be an amazing band who had incredible potential. But something happened to them after Francis..., something that I don't think they will ever get back. Sad really.

And what album is better? They only have two listenable albums. I love Frances The Mute, I think it is fantastic. But Deloused... is a whole different level of greatness.

yeahfontaine
10-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Sure, they had lots of energy, but you are confusing energy with sounding good. The two times I had seen them prior, they had lots of energy AND sounded good. In fact, the times I had seen them before, Cedric was MORE energetic, wild, crazy and frantic, AND they sounded not only good... but amazing. There is no excuse for how shitty of a set they played at Sasquatch. Im sorry if I am sounding harsh here, but that Sasquatch performance really made it hit home with me that The Mars Volta are no longer a good band. They used to be an amazing band who had incredible potential. But something happened to them after Francis..., something that I don't think they will ever get back. Sad really.

And what album is better? They only have two listenable albums. I love Frances The Mute, I think it is fantastic. But Deloused... is a whole different level of greatness.

Oh, man. I feel the rage creeping up, so rather than turning into the girl version of the Hulk and tearing my shirt to shreds, I'll just say let's agree to disagree...on many Volta-related issues.

I will grant you the fact that the sound wasn't that great at their set @ Sasquatch, but is festival sound ever that great, especially when the band has so many layers of sound like the Volta does?

As for them no longer being a good band and your claim that only Frances and Deloused are "listenable", you're crazy and I'll leave it at that because we live right over the border from each other and we've probably seen some good shows together at the Commodore or Richards on Richards (god, I miss that place!). :)

rage patton
10-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I miss Richards too. :( I drove by there the other day and it is now officially a hole in the ground. Contruction is to begin soon. I felt like a little piece of me is now missing.

yeahfontaine
10-18-2009, 02:29 PM
I miss Richards too. :( I drove by there the other day and it is now officially a hole in the ground. Contruction is to begin soon. I felt like a little piece of me is now missing.

Oh man I don't ever wanna drive by there. I would probably cry. I keep remembering when we went to see !!! there last August and we were standing outside smoking and talking to some people we met and this guy said, "I bet this place won't be here much longer. Look at all these condos creeping up all around it." I totally lost all power of speech and realized it was probably true. And it was...

I think my fave memory of Richards was seeing Modest Mouse there in '99 my sophomore year of college. What an amazing show that was!

karecares
10-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Just get up earlier, take a shower and then go back to sleep.

That's what I did and it worked out fine.

i'm generally a 6am +/- but apparently so were alot of others. on sunday (pretty sure it was sun) some complete moron decided to bust one of the 2 showers. for as much as the vip camping was they should have provided more to justify the cost

fikus222
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
i'm generally a 6am +/- but apparently so were alot of others. on sunday (pretty sure it was sun) some complete moron decided to bust one of the 2 showers. for as much as the vip camping was they should have provided more to justify the cost

Damn 6am? I never went to bed before sunrise the whole weekend ;) Granted, we didn't start drinking until after the show and after we'd showered each night. However, my wife would wash her face every morning during her routine, but us guys just got our hair wet and got dressed, which isn't ideal for me, but was better than waiting in the long lines. Plus I got to go to sleep clean, which is big for me since we were so grimey from dancing and especially from the NIN pit.

TickleMeElmo
11-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Tickets go on sale Saturday (today I guess) and Pavement is playing. Are Pavement 2010's festival whores?

boarderwoozel3
11-07-2009, 02:17 AM
Hmmmm, the first tier 3-day pass was $155 last year... now $170 blind? Who did they book to justify a ~10% increase?

tessalasset
11-07-2009, 02:32 AM
camping was horrible for me this year, but the fest itself was fun. don't know if i'd do it again unless it was an absolutely stellar lineup. and i'd definitely try to get that offsite camping before it sells out. i was too late this year. we didn't think VIP camping $$ would be worth it but it DEFINITELY is. there were i think 5 shower stalls for all of the girls in the entire campground (THOUSANDS of girls). 2 of them were cold water only. i waited in line for a little over an hour around midnight on saturday after leaving the show early so i could catch a shower before everyone got out. seriously, an hour in line WHILE THE SHOW WAS GOING ON. ridiculous. needless to say, it was the best shower i've ever had.

but yeah if you plan on sleeping, either bring good headphones and play music, or don't camp in regular camping. it was a nonstop loud PLUR electro party all. night. long. next to our section. thump thump thump thump scream cheer thump thump. i was in shock and i missed coachella's noise curfew like whoa.

tessalasset
11-07-2009, 02:36 AM
@SasquatchTweet

Ardentbiscuit
11-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I see it in ticketmaster and that it is on sale this morning.

But where is the news about Pavement playing coming from?

All the twitter says is,

"Biiiig news coming tomorrow...stay tuned!!"

And that was 19 hours ago and then nothing.

And there's nothing on the main page of Sasquatch.

amyzzz
11-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I would like to go to this some year. Do you have to camp? (is there nowhere else to stay?)

summerkid
11-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I see it in ticketmaster and that it is on sale this morning.

But where is the news about Pavement playing coming from?

All the twitter says is,

"Biiiig news coming tomorrow...stay tuned!!"

And that was 19 hours ago and then nothing.

And there's nothing on the main page of Sasquatch.

http://endhits.portlandmercury.com/endhits/archives/2009/11/07/holy-shit-pavement-announced-as-headliners-for-2010-sasquatch-festival

Ardentbiscuit
11-07-2009, 09:24 AM
I went this year and it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

There is a vineyard there with places to stay but I am not sure of the price.

They were building vacation condos near the Gorge.

I don't remember when they said they would be done but they said they would be leasing them short term for events also.

They had a partnership with Livenation.

I had a long discussion with one of the creators of the vacations condos this year. They had a booth set up.

I'd have to find the literature to find the website again. I don't remember when he said they would be done.

Ardentbiscuit
11-07-2009, 09:25 AM
http://endhits.portlandmercury.com/endhits/archives/2009/11/07/holy-shit-pavement-announced-as-headliners-for-2010-sasquatch-festival

Thanks! I'm not from the Pacific Northwest so I don't know any of the music news sites for around there.

faxman75
11-07-2009, 09:34 AM
There are hotels. Some are really nice too but the convenience of camping is hard to beat. I think we might be considering camping back at Wild Horse again this year but we'll have to see who all is in and what everyone wants to do. I love the camping at Sasquatch. The night time weather is just beautiful, all around the weather is pretty great up there. I loved star gazing as I fell asleep. It was perfect clear skys during the entire fest last year. The year before it rained about half the time but was never a good mood killer.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Wild Horse is where it's at.

fikus222
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Damn, this price hike had better go towards pulling in top notch electronic acts.

Boourns
11-07-2009, 12:40 PM
They are the ones that bought the cooler full of Bigfoot remains.

know ID ya
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I had VIP for Phish (which was in August) and the shower situation went really smoothly.

I saw the Mars Volta at the Berkeley Greek Theater in '05, they didn't have an opener and they played for like 2.5 hours straight. It was a a lot of fun, but I don't ever need to see them again.

That's because you were the only one who used the shower that weekend.

rage patton
11-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Woh wait... Sasquatch tickets went on sale today? And Pavement is the only confirmed act? Also, does it say that Pavement are headlining? Or just playing?

suprefan
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
The couple of stories up today say they are headlining a day. And yes, limited discount 3 day passes for sale as of today.

Damn, this price hike had better go towards pulling in top notch electronic acts.

Not their style.

righteousdnk
11-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Not their style.

I don't know about that. I think they're gonna have a pretty decent electronic line up this year. I don't know if you went last year or not, but every night their comedy/dance tent went off. Unless you got there a little before the first dance act started, there was no way you'd make it up very close. There's a great possibility that they'll be amping up the electronic part of the line up this year.

fikus222
11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't know about that. I think they're gonna have a pretty decent electronic line up this year. I don't know if you went last year or not, but every night their comedy/dance tent went off. Unless you got there a little before the first dance act started, there was no way you'd make it up very close. There's a great possibility that they'll be amping up the electronic part of the line up this year.

I was there (he wasn't) and I agree completely.

Also, this year they had better hold onto their headlining comedy act. Losing Demetri Martin last year was complete bullsh!t.

fikus222
11-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Woh wait... Sasquatch tickets went on sale today? And Pavement is the only confirmed act? Also, does it say that Pavement are headlining? Or just playing?

Here is the CoS story's link:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/11/07/pavement-to-headline-sasquatch-2010/

Pavement hell yeah

rage patton
11-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Huh. Interesting. Do you guys think they are going to be anouncing the line up some time soon?

fikus222
11-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Huh. Interesting. Do you guys think they are going to be anouncing the line up some time soon?

The CoS article says Feb 16th.

MarkO
11-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Pavement aren't even mentioned on the Sasquatch site let alone does it sy they are headlining.

Coachella Bound
11-07-2009, 02:17 PM
The CoS article says Feb 16th.

the spinner article says feb 16th as well.... Complete Formal Announcement as of....

and look around the boards^^^^^ articles are popping up left and right.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Stereogum reported Pavement as well.

Coachella Bound
11-07-2009, 02:24 PM
hahahahahahaha this is sooo going in a few different threads right now... hahahahaha

GA8z7f7a2Pk

rage patton
11-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Febuary 16th? Im confused as to what Sasquatch's strategy is here... but ok.

Coachella Bound
11-07-2009, 02:26 PM

taken from the Spinner article:

"Discounted three-day festival passes will go on sale Saturday, Nov. 7 at 10AM PT, through the festival website. The exact dates of the festival are May 29-31 and the complete lineup will be announced formally on February 16. "

amyzzz
11-07-2009, 02:29 PM
That youtube is already in a few different threads. Funny as hell though.

I'm definitely gonna wait on the lineup for this one (and maybe wait for solid speculation about Roo).

invisiblerobots
11-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm in for Premier again. This will be my sixth Sasquatch and I'm they'll put together an interesting lineup but damn, February 16th is a long time to wait. And I do hope that they figure out the shower bullshit next year.

indietron
11-07-2009, 02:56 PM
I really wanna go again this year, but I don't think I will be able to because my first priority this year is Bonnaroo

Coachella Bound
11-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I really wanna go again this year, but I don't think I will be able to because my first priority this year is Bonnaroo

your priority should be COACHELLA!!!

TommyboyUNM
11-07-2009, 02:59 PM
He doesn't really have to budget for Coachella anymore.

Indietron, you're gonna LOVE Bonnaroo. All the drugs you can handle. ;)

know ID ya
11-07-2009, 03:10 PM

Think about die hard Pavement fans living near the west coast. They keep hearing the rumors that Pavement will play Coachella, but it is not a confirmation, nor are tickets on sale yet. So Sasquatch confirms the band, and makes tickets available. This will give their early ticket sales a huge boost, compared to if they had announced Pavement after Coachella's confirmation.

That is unless you are refering to the strategy of the lineup being released February 16th. Third Monday in January is when they usually release the lineup.

rage patton
11-07-2009, 03:15 PM
No, I meant selling the presale discounted passes so early. I gather that it obviously has to do with the anouncement of Pavement and the rabid West Coast Pavement fans... but doing it 3 months before the rest of the line up was anounced? Why not do this like, either just before Christmas, or just after New Years? It just seems weird to me.

TommyboyUNM
11-07-2009, 03:19 PM
No, I meant selling the presale discounted passes so early. I gather that it obviously has to do with the anouncement of Pavement and the rabid West Coast Pavement fans... but doing it 3 months before the rest of the line up was anounced? Why not do this like, either just before Christmas, or just after New Years? It just seems weird to me.

Because, assuming that they did do this cause they got Pavement, they don't know when it might become official that Pavement is playing Coachella. They don't want to wait until around Christmas/New Years only to have the impact of Pavement playing Sasquatch extinguished by knowledge of Pavement's Coachella appearance.

In other words...strike while the iron is hot. I don't understand what's not to get.

know ID ya
11-07-2009, 03:20 PM
If they waited until xmas, Pavement might already be confirmed for Coachella. I don't think they've been sitting on this announcement for weeks or months, they probably just signed Pavement, and wanted to get it out before other festivals make their announcements.

Selling tickets this early is not that unheard of. Austin City Limits tickets are on sale year round.

faxman75
11-07-2009, 04:02 PM
$183.20. No sign of when single day passes go on sale. Does anyone know how long this presale will last?

As far as Pavement goes, they are literally going to be every fucking where. No one should feel the urgent need to get tickets to any of their shows. There will be many opportunities to see them.

fikus222
11-07-2009, 04:06 PM
$183.20. No sign of when single day passes go on sale. Does anyone know how long this presale will last?

From today until December 31st at 10pm

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/5fiqnz?dma_id=385

faxman75
11-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Interesting. Hopefully I can get them before it ends. That would be fantastic. I already have a flight voucher I plan on using for it so I will be set. I can't wait for Sasquatch.

Tommy, let me know if and when you get tickets if you plan on attending. The OP should start a list of board attendees in the first post.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
well after i get out of school... i'll go if I end up with a seattle summer job... probably not if I stay in the bay area.

MarkO
11-07-2009, 05:12 PM
........ So Sasquatch confirms the band, and makes tickets available. .

Where's the confirmation ?

know ID ya
11-07-2009, 05:19 PM

Everywhere. Do you have the internet?

MarkO
11-07-2009, 05:22 PM
So the one place that could confirm Pavement, i.e. the Sasquatch website, has NO FUCKING MENTION of them ?

Do you understand this ? or not ?

faxman75
11-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Indie rock fave Pavement has been rumored as a Coachella headlining candidate since the Stockton-bred act announced its reunion this fall. The band just got one step closer to making an appearance in Indio in 2010, revealed this morning as a headliner for Memorial Day weekend's Sasquatch Festival, located about three hours outside of Seattle.

Road trippers who want to sample festival food up in the Pacific Northwest can buy three-day passes starting this morning via Ticketmaster. Tickets are $170, not including surcharges. The rest of the lineup for the May 29-31 fest will be revealed Feb. 16.

Although a Sasquatch sighting doesn't guarantee that Pavement will perform at Coachella, artists increasingly perform a sort-of summer festival circuit. With a jump in multi-day festivals around the country, there simply aren't that many marquee festival acts to go around, and Coachella is known for booking artists on the reunion trail, from the Pixies to the Stooges.

Last year, Coachella and Sasquatch shared a number of headlining acts. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, TV on the Radio, the Silversun Pickups, M. Ward and the Knux were just a few of the overlapping artists. The 2010 edition of Coachella has been reported to take place on April 16-18, according to Billboard.

A Coachella spokeswoman declined to comment, and said there was nothing to reveal in regard to 2010 dates or when a lineup may be announced. Coachella promoter Goldenvoice has unveiled some of 2010's lineup for Stagecoach, the country fest that shares the Coachella grounds. Stagecoach is set for April 24-25.

-- Todd Martens

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/11/pavement-gets-one-step-closer-to-headlining-coachella.html

I thought Coachella dates were confirmed?

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 05:26 PM
So the one place that could confirm Pavement, i.e. the Sasquatch website, has NO FUCKING MENTION of them ?

you do realize that often exclusivity for stories like this are often a part of sponsorship contracts right?

know ID ya
11-07-2009, 05:27 PM

I bought my 3 day pass before the website was updated stating the tickets were on sale. It doesn't mean the tickets weren't on sale.

MarkO
11-07-2009, 05:33 PM
So you can't show any link other than a blog that Pavement are 'confirmed'.

Well done.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 05:35 PM
are you really that stupid? you do understand that some blogs (the one that announced this included) are owned by massive media conglomerates right?

MarkO
11-07-2009, 05:35 PM
you do realize that often exclusivity for stories like this are often a part of sponsorship contracts right?

crookedrain.com ?
myspace.com/pavement ?
sasquatchfestival.com ?

are you really that stupid? you do understand that some blogs (the one that announced this included) are owned by massive media conglomerates right?

Which one 'announced' this? Be specific.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 05:36 PM
jesus christ. you ARE that stupid.

MarkO
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM
You can't answer a question.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 05:40 PM
here you go. i'll spell it out for you.

there is no confirmation because often exclusivity for stories like this are often a part of sponsorship contracts. there are timelines for them and you can probably expect your "official" confirmation monday.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2009, 05:43 PM
oh. and it was the Mercury... at 12:01 AM. curious time don't you think? looks like someone had a specific day they could announce the information. a date that would be present in this kind of contract. incredible...

know ID ya
11-07-2009, 05:43 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/37053-pavement-to-headline-sasquatch-2010/

Pitchfork has always been credible. They win awards every year, and they have their own festival, and a lot of people read their website.

A quote:

"At the moment, Pavement is the only band that the Sasquatch! organizers have announced."

They didn't use phrases such as "reportedly will headline" or "according to rumors."

I trust Pitchfork saying it came directly from Sasquatch! organizers than the lack of inclusion on a web site rarely updated.

MarkO
11-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes it's incredible that one of the most anticipated shows of the decade is announced on a blog of a paper that has 1/2 the circulation of its rival.

But hey, whatever floats their boat. Malkmus lives in Portland and supposedly plays darts once a week at a dive bar in town. As long as he's happy.

They'll play in everyones living room next year so everyone will get to see them regardless.

faxman75
11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Pitchfork is sourcing festival organizers. Do you really think they would make that shit up for the fuck of it and risk losing their credibility?

know ID ya
11-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I can understand MarkO's skepticism though. More than other boards, this board tends to have a lot more children and immature folks who think starting baseless rumors is cool, so I see a lot more skeptics on this board, probably because of it.

In this instance though, there is no reason to be skeptical.

faxman75
11-08-2009, 10:49 AM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Sasquatch%202009/048.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Sasquatch%202009/069.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Sasquatch%202009/106.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Sasquatch%202009/025.jpg

casey
11-08-2009, 11:18 AM
mmm pavement at sasquatch! i heard this news yesterday and am seriously debating going. last year i was supposed to go but due to prior commitments couldn't make it. this year is looking to be the year...

righteousdnk
11-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Damn, I can't wait to make the journey back up to Sasquatch again. Almost three days on a bus, sleeping in the streets of some small Washington town, and walking almost ten miles then getting picked up by some nice people from Minnesota. Such a great time and I can't wait to do it all over again.

Ardentbiscuit
11-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Sasquatch was loads of fun! Would definitively go again!

crazzz2007
11-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Deloused is not their best album. Just sayin...

it is far and away their best work. nothing else comes even close.

crazzz2007
11-09-2009, 02:50 AM
hahahahahahaha this is sooo going in a few different threads right now... hahahahaha

GA8z7f7a2Pk

where have you been?

crazzz2007
11-09-2009, 02:55 AM
one of the most anticipated shows of the decade

i'm dying from laughter. you're on a roll. keep going.

liquidsnake28
11-09-2009, 06:33 AM
As for them no longer being a good band and your claim that only Frances and Deloused are "listenable", you're crazy

No, he's not crazy at all. He shares this opinion with almost everyone who ever listened to the band. You're definitely in the minority here, for good reason. Everything after Frances blows.

superfiction
11-09-2009, 06:39 AM
as i stated probably earlier in this thread....ill go one day. whatever day pavement is there probably

MarkO
11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
i'm dying from laughter. you're on a roll. keep going.

Are you indicating that it isn't ? Or are you just being a tosser as usual ?

miscorrections
11-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I might attend this, it seems reasonable given geography.

rage patton
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Corinna, it is only a 2 hour drive from you. I highly advise you go. Its not an expensive festival either. Tickets and camping are relatively cheap. Food is expensive (and shitty) inside, but you are allowed to bring your own in.

faxman75
11-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Are you going this year Josh?

MarkO
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I made my own food, brought it in a cooler and just heated it up on a little gas stove and ate before I went in. I then just brought snack type foods into the fest.

TomAz
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Corinna, it is only a 2 hour drive from you. I highly advise you go. Its not an expensive festival either. Tickets and camping are relatively cheap. Food is expensive (and shitty) inside, but you are allowed to bring your own in.

but it's all camping right? i mean there are no hotels anywhere close is what I understood?

faxman75
11-09-2009, 02:03 PM
False. There are hotels near and a general parking area at the Gorge for those that drive in each day. The hotels aren't more than 15-20 minutes away in most instances, some closer and some further of course. I'm sure others in this thread will have more information.

http://www.hotels.com/processIndexSearch.do?destination=&KTID=3d18f4ca-d08f-37e9-e2c3-000047103d63&acDestinationId=768C1095-F2CA-4C64-BD73-A28610F66F36&displayAd=false&PSRC=G21&mcid=G21.G290008607.Quincy%20Washington%20hotels.E xact&gclid=CKDRvsX3_p0CFR4HagodHzQ2qA

MarkO
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
3 hotels ??

Geno_g
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I've been planing on going to this, if I can find people to camp with, I will be there...

faxman75
11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
3 hotels ??

I didn't say I was posting every single one. Just pointing out that it's an option and possible is all. I have no idea how many options there are. They might be endless if you don't mind commuting to and from Seattle each day. It's about a 2.5 hour drive.

MarkO
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
........... I have no idea how many options there are. They might be endless if you don't mind commuting to and from Seattle each day. It's about a 2.5 hour drive.

That's practical.

rage patton
11-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Are you going this year Josh?

Right now, I am not planning on it. The line up will have to convince me otherwise. I really do love the festival though. And this year (09) I said I wasn't going to go... and ended up getting tickets to 2 days of it a week before the fest.

but it's all camping right? i mean there are no hotels anywhere close is what I understood?

Like Mark mentioned, there are hotels... but they are still at least 20 minutes away once you hit the highway. If I had to make up statistics on the spot, I would say a good 85% of Sasquatch attendees camp.

MarkO
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I camp at Coachella because I have to.
I camp at Sasquatch because I want to.

faxman75
11-10-2009, 08:14 AM
That's practical.

Going to a music festival in the middle of nowhere to see music isn't exactly practical. What exactly is your argument? Tom was wondering if it was all camping. It's not.

sin213
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
i'll most likely be down for sasquatch this year. i've been meaning to join you guys in previous years. keep me posted on your ticket status, mark. ;)

faxman75
11-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I will do so Jason. I did end up finally replying ot your text last night. My plan is to get a ticket by mid December so within th next 30 days.

Gribbz
11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I plan on attending this as well.

TommyboyUNM
11-10-2009, 12:31 PM
I keep forgetting I don't have to use any vacation time for this. It's always Memorial Day weekend, right? I wanna go again.

sin213
11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
cool. i'll plan to get mine soon too. i have a good feeling about the fest lineups this summer. we'll be seeing some good stuff.

faxman75
11-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Bump....I just got an e-mail from someone letting me know that Wild Horse reservations have begun. I plan on purchasing my Sasquatch ticket before the end of December so I can still take advantage of the presale and I already have a voucher for a flight so I am all in.

So who is all in? It's only $90 per car and up to 4 people per car. I'm not sure what everyone's plans are yet but I figured we can start talking about it.

Is SleepingRock interested in updating the first page any longer? Should I start a seperate meetup thread like I did last year?

sin213
11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
count me in, mark. i'm pretty sure i'm going at this point, unless something else huge is unveiled here real soon for another festival.

TommyboyUNM
11-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I'd like to go again, Mark. Put me down as a confirmation.

faxman75
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Awesome. I will let you both know when I make my ticket purchase and then we can work on a rental and Wild Horse Reservation. I forget if Heidi said she wouldn't be able to make it this year and i'm not sure about Joel either but if one of them are in we can have 1 car/group right there. Then we can start to fill others if people are interested.

fikus222
11-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Erika and I will most likely be in attendance again this year. I don't know if we will know for certain soon enough to get in on Wildhorse reservations.

paulb
11-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Damn, id love to meet up with everyone again! Ill only be at Sasquatch though if Beastie Boys headline or something....

Sleepingrock
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Faxman!! You should probably start a meetup thread, I'm no good at organizing

karecares
11-19-2009, 07:53 PM
fill me in i'm lost!

Ardentbiscuit
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Is anyone going to enter the name the tent contest?

Also, does this mean the Pixies are rumored or are they just using that as an example of a magical creature?

November 18th, 2009

Name That Tent!

Once a year, mythical beasts appear in the wilds of The Gorge as the stage names at the Sasquatch! Festival: Sasquatch, Wookie, Yeti and…Comedy/Dance Tent? Hold on a second. We can do better than that! Let’s bring the Comedy/Dance Tent into the fold and give it a name fitting for Sasquatch! Festival 2010.

Email us at sasquatchfest@gmail.com with your suggestion for the new Comedy/Dance Tent name, and we’ll choose one winner to receive:

- a pair of 3 day festival passes for the ‘10 festival
- a weekend camping pass for 1 vehicle
- a glow-in-the-dark Pixies poster signed by all the members

Oh yeah, and on top of all that, you’ll have named a stage at your favorite festival. Not many people get to say that…so give it a shot!

Deadline to enter is Thursday, December 3rd at midnight PST.

http://sasquatchfestival.com/#/home/post/231

rage patton
11-20-2009, 01:05 PM
That Pixies poster does seem to be sort of odd...

Interesting contest though.

beavington
11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Arcade Fire, Bjork et all would have been lovely.

and it was. so good and elevating no drugs were required. (aside from mari-wanna)

Ardentbiscuit
11-21-2009, 10:30 AM
I remember when this happened, at first I thought I was hallucinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMUECr66pqk

yeahfontaine
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Neon Indian confirmed.

fikus222
11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Neon Indian confirmed.

I'm down. I missed their show when they came through Seattle recently.

yeahfontaine
11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm down. I missed their show when they came through Seattle recently.

They were really fun at Monolith this year.

superfiction
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
i bet SDRE play one day. i dunno about headlining. headlining or not. but if they played before pavement that would be the most epic back to back ever seen in squatch history

suprefan
11-22-2009, 03:16 PM
i bet SDRE play one day. i dunno about headlining. headlining or not. but if they played before pavement that would be the most epic back to back ever seen in squatch history

I wonder who you talked to from Sunny Day last night.......

superfiction
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
i wish

suprefan
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
sure you wish.....

superfiction
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
sure you wish.....

yes i sure do wish

superfiction
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
i missed them this time around. i would killllll for them to be here or coachella

suprefan
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I wouldnt worry about it....

superfiction
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM
i wouldnt either...

suprefan
11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
I wonder why. :rolleyes

superfiction
11-22-2009, 03:51 PM
just this vibe i get :thu

faxman75
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Is anyone going to enter the name the tent contest?

I did and for some reason i'm confident.

faxman75
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
fill me in i'm lost!

Presale tickets are already on sale for a total of $183.20 (that includes fees). Presale ends at the end of December. I plan on purchasing my tickets before then. I assume we will fly there and get a couple rental cars and meet up.

I think we are leaning towards camping at Wild Horse this year which is a little smaller campground off site but they have a free shuttle that runs back and forth to the fest. Pavement and Neon Indian are the first two bands confirmed to play the festival.

See you in 2010!

Ardentbiscuit
11-23-2009, 07:44 AM
I did and for some reason i'm confident.

I entered too.

The way I went about the contest was that I looked at the name of the festival which is Sasquatch.

And then I looked at the stages which of course are Yeti, Wookie, etc.

So I tried to keep in the mythical, fictional, hairy, bipedal humanoid category.

faxman75
11-23-2009, 07:48 AM
That's exactly what I did, and I have a feeling that there may be several duplicate suggestions. I'm thinking of other good names now too so i'm wondering if my suggestion sucks now.

If you like we can share our entries via PM.

fikus222
11-23-2009, 01:27 PM
CoS has the Pixies as a rumored act. I wouldn't mind seeing them for a 3rd time, especially since I skipped them on this recent tour.

faxman75
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I have never seen them and just started listening to them so i'm all for the Pixies. DEBASER!

fikus222
11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I have never seen them and just started listening to them so i'm all for the Pixies. DEBASER!

Apparently the rumor is just based on the fact that Sasquatch is giving away a Pixies poster as part of the Tent Name Contest.

faxman75
11-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Apparently the rumor is just based on the fact that Sasquatch is giving away a Pixies poster as part of the Tent Name Contest.

Ah, well I guess we will see. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

sin213
11-24-2009, 08:48 AM
i would LOVE for the pixies to be there and/or at coachella. i had to miss this last tour due to bad timing issues...and the fact that they didn't come to PHX.

suprefan
11-24-2009, 08:53 AM

Not happening.

superfiction
11-24-2009, 09:16 AM
chris you gonna venture up for this if its any good?

suprefan
11-24-2009, 09:20 AM
chris you gonna venture up for this if its any good?

Naw, I love The Gorge and all, but maybe another year. I am really eyeing Primavera Sound which is the same weekend. Its spain, it has value, and they get some great bands.

edit: DOH!!! Pixes are OUT. They are in Spain for Primavera, how do I forget that.

summerkid
11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Naw, I love The Gorge and all, but maybe another year. I am really eyeing Primavera Sound which is the same weekend. Its spain, it has value, and they get some great bands.

edit: DOH!!! Pixes are OUT. They are in Spain for Primavera, how do I forget that.

isn't pavement playing both?

suprefan
11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah, but I dont think the Pixies are going to be all about doing a Fly Date like that.

superfiction
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah, but I dont think the Pixies are going to be all about doing a Fly Date like that.

why would pavement wanna do it wither? thats weird.

suprefan
11-24-2009, 09:47 AM
why would pavement wanna do it wither? thats weird.

Pavement is doing it cause they are going to play everywhere, they will do this cause $$$ talks. Getting say 500k to play at such and such festival and all it costs you is flying there and then another festival 3 days later is giving you more than thatm, youll do it. The Pixies arent really going to do such extremes cause its not needed.

MarkO
11-25-2009, 01:29 PM
AF did both in '05.

05/26 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound Festival
05/28 George, WA - Sasquatch Music Festival - The Gorge Amphitheatre

know ID ya
11-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Primavera is the same weekend as Sasquatch, but they don't share the same days. Primavera starts Thursday, while Sasquatch starts Saturday. It is almost a guarantee that anyone playing Primavera would need two days travel time to play Sasquatch, so the Pixies and Pavement can both play Sunday/Monday at Sasquatch if they play Thursday/Friday at Primavera.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-26-2009, 01:43 PM
The Pixies are confirmed for this BTW. I just got confirmation.

P.S. I hope you guys don't think I'm bullshitting you. I'm not the kind to do that.

rage patton
11-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Headliner?

suprefan
11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Would have to be, they headlined in 05, no way they downgrade em. Well hmmm, I still want to got to Spain. Marco, you got a link?

Gribbz
11-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Better than Pavement.

suprefan
11-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Push

Monklish
11-26-2009, 04:55 PM

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Headliner?

Yes.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Would have to be, they headlined in 05, no way they downgrade em. Well hmmm, I still want to got to Spain. Marco, you got a link?

No, the confirm came from someone in Pavement. I think Pavement might even be a sub from the way the comment came.

edit: ahem, let me rephrase that. it came from a close friend who spoke to someone in the band.

rage patton
11-27-2009, 03:42 PM
So wait. Marco, you are saying Pavement are subbing and the Pixies are headlining?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-27-2009, 03:55 PM
that is exactly what I heard.

rage patton
11-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... probably the same day.

This means my prediction is still possible... Pearl Jam headlining two nights.

Gribbz
11-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Why would Pearl Jam play 2 nights?

fikus222
11-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I would find PJ for two nights to be a rip off.

suprefan
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM

Cause Rage and Paul want it to be so. Then that alone would make every other festival suck cause Pearl Jam played 2 nights.

Gribbz
11-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I probably wouldn't go if Pearl Jam played two nights and Pavement headlined the other night. Hopefully Pixies will be there.

PJandBompton
11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Cause Rage and Paul want it to be so. Then that alone would make every other festival suck cause Pearl Jam played 2 nights.

just like every other festival not APW sucked because they had 2 nights of Radiohead right?

let's face it...there's only a few bands that could headline two nights and Pearl Jam and Radiohead are two of them...PJ playing two nights would give them more chance to vary the setlist which would bring more hardcore fans out...not to mention it's the fucking Gorge...

suprefan
11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Theres plenty of other festivals to pick from dale.

just like every other festival not APW sucked because they had 2 nights of Radiohead right?

let's face it...there's only a few bands that could headline two nights and Pearl Jam and Radiohead are two of them...PJ playing two nights would give them more chance to vary the setlist which would bring more hardcore fans out...not to mention it's the fucking Gorge...

I was pointing it out cause its what they want more than anything. One reason to even do it is because you save money and dont have to spend more booking another headlining act. And no, Radiohead doing APW twice was more that it was the only other city on the tour thatw as going to get 2 nights, l.a. was the other. You coudlnt get away with only one night of them performing in general in ny nowadays.

Gribbz
11-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Theres plenty of other festivals to pick.

Not at The Gorge.

rage patton
11-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Last time Pearl Jam played the Gorge, they did 3 sold out nights in a row. All on their own. If Pearl Jam did play Sasqutach, it would be more like

PEARL JAM
With special guest Sasquatch! Festival

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I probably wouldn't go if Pearl Jam played two nights and Pavement headlined the other night. Hopefully Pixies will be there.

Pixies are playing. Just relax.

rage patton
11-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I could see Sasquatch looking like this...

Saturday: Iggy & The Stooges->Pearl Jam
Sunday: Faith No More -> Pearl Jam
Monday: Pavement -> Pixies

Then I would die a happy man.

And Chris, as far as I know, Paul doesn't care who headlines Sasquatch. I am not the biggest Pearl Jam fan in the world either. Just with this new album, I feel like Pearl Jam are due for a performance at the Gorge and Sasquatch are due for a Pearl Jam performance. Seeing as that PJ can sell out multiple nights at the Gorge on their own, 2 nights at Sasquatch would make sense.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-27-2009, 04:54 PM
actually Josh, that looks quite doable.

fikus222
11-27-2009, 05:07 PM
If that's the way it's to be, then I hear the electronic tent calling me.

MarkO
11-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I could see Sasquatch looking like this...

Saturday: Iggy & The Stooges->Pearl Jam
Sunday: Faith No More -> Pearl Jam
Monday: Pavement -> Pixies

Then it would be Coachella what ?

rage patton
11-27-2009, 05:40 PM
actually Josh, that looks quite doable.

kvnfdevnvdnviudsfjewkfihskjfsnjkhfskjdfhufds

Then it would be Coachella what ?

I do expect Iggy & The Stooges, FNM and Pavement all to be at Coachella... but Pearl Jam and Pixies as well would be over the top.

If FNM are at Sasquatch, I am giving you a great big hug, then I will say "TOLD YA SO!"

MarkO
11-27-2009, 05:43 PM

If FNM are at Sasquatch, I am giving you a great big hug, then I will say "TOLD YA SO!"

lol !

TommyboyUNM
11-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I feel like Pearl Jam are due for a performance at the Gorge and Sasquatch are due for a Pearl Jam performance. Seeing as that PJ can sell out multiple nights at the Gorge on their own, 2 nights at Sasquatch would make sense.

I've all but let go of the "are" vs "is" thing as it relates to bands (even though I'm right and Pearl Jam IS due for a performance), but I have to say something about this one. You really think the music festival Sasquatch should be referenced as "Sasquatch are..."? It's like nails on a chalkboard for me, Joshua. ;)

And that would suck for me if the same band headlined Saturday and Sunday because those might be the only 2 days I can go. Even though I do like Pearl Jam. We'll see. I would like to see Pixies at some point.

MarkO
11-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Why would you only go to The Gorge for only 2 days ?

TommyboyUNM
11-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Why would you only go to The Gorge for only 2 days ?

In an ideal world, I'd have infinite vacation time.

rage patton
11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I've all but let go of the "are" vs "is" thing as it relates to bands (even though I'm right and Pearl Jam IS due for a performance), but I have to say something about this one. You really think the music festival Sasquatch should be referenced as "Sasquatch are..."? It's like nails on a chalkboard for me, Joshua. ;)

And that would suck for me if the same band headlined Saturday and Sunday because those might be the only 2 days I can go. Even though I do like Pearl Jam. We'll see. I would like to see Pixies at some point.

:winkiss

Well, considering Pixies and Pavement are both playing Primavera, Monday is really the only feasible day they could play. Are you a Pearl Jam fan Tommy? I haven't heard you speak about them either way really.

TommyboyUNM
11-27-2009, 06:39 PM
I do like Pearl Jam, though the new album sucks incredible amounts of shit. They are very good in concert. I saw them at Bonnaroo last year and they kept me interested the entire time. I actually had a blast. They played W.M.A. all the way through for the first time in maybe 14 years. I feel like I used to defend Pearl Jam a lot in that beast of a 2009 Bonnaroo thread. I think they'd be a fine headliner at any festival, and I actually picked them in the lineup pool to headline Coachella.

rage patton
11-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Really? You dislike the new album that much? I think it is their best since Yield. How many times have you listened to it? The first time, I didn't really think much about it, and was reluctant to listen to it a second time. I have now listened to a good couple dozen times and I really enjoy it. It has a few meh tracks, but over all, like I said, best since Yield.

And have you listened to their live album from the Gorge? Or at least some of the songs? (I think the set is like 6 discs or something like that). It is quite amazing. I could not think of a better place to see Pearl Jam than the Gorge. And if you don't want to watch PJ twice, there is always the Wookie stage or perhaps the electronic act at the time will grab your attention.

TommyboyUNM
11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
If I really dislike something as much as I disliked Pearl Jam's new album, I don't feel the need to listen to it some more. There was nothing that warranted a second listen. I'll just listen to Ten, Vs., and Vitalogy and be happy.

I haven't listened to their live album from The Gorge, but I'll seek it out right now. And I hope you don't take what I said as some sort of slight against Pearl Jam. I'd watch them 2 nights in a row if I was already there. I would just prefer some variety. Though I do know they'd switch up set lists and create 2 different shows.

PJandBompton
11-29-2009, 08:01 PM
The Gorge boxset is fucking awesome....and just a note...

It was two nights in 06...they played in 05 as well

superfiction
11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
pavement > pixies > pearl jam. epic trifecta of headliners. lets make it happen.

know ID ya
11-30-2009, 06:55 PM
pavement > pixies > pearl jam. epic trifecta of headliners. lets make it happen.

And maybe we can get Prodigy on the Wookie playing opposite Pearl Jam one night, with Portishead opening. How about Primus opening for Pearl Jam one night, and Phoenix the next?

We need a return of Polyphonic Spree, and some lower tier bands like the Portland Cello Project, Pissed Jeans, and Pelican. Peter Bjorn and John owe us a return, and Passion Pit owe us a better performance than last year.

Finally, add Panda Bear and Paul Oakenfold in the tent. The theme for the festival could be, "I Squatch When I P."

Ardentbiscuit
11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Pollstar lists the Pixes and Pavement as 5/27/2010 at Primavera. If that's right, Sasquatch is possible for both of them.

suprefan
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Pollstar lists the Pixes and Pavement as 5/27/2010 at Primavera. If that's right, Sasquatch is possible for both of them.

Nope, they are each headlining a day. Pollstar will update when it knows more probably.

Ardentbiscuit
11-30-2009, 11:44 PM
That's good to know.

So do you think that if the dates are done right, it's possible for both of them headline a night at each festival.

The only thing that gives me doubts is that Cos and others got the Pixies rumors from the "Name the Tent" contest because they are giving a Pixies poster to the winner.

Which really isn't very good deduction. I honestly think the reason for the signed poster is because the other stages at Sasquatch are named Yeti, Wookie, etc.

I think they were just trying to illustrate that they were mythical creatures like a Pixie.

So basically they are just using it as an example so you keep to the theme when giving the tent a name.

faxman75
12-02-2009, 07:26 AM
They are not using the autographed Pixies poster to illustrate anything about the naming of the tent. The other stage names have more in common than just being "mythical creatures".

I'm purchasing my ticket today, I think.

Ardentbiscuit
12-02-2009, 08:22 AM
No matter, we will find out soon enough who's playing.

I'll probably go no matter who's playing.

2009 was amazing!!!!!

rage patton
12-02-2009, 09:11 AM
TeamCoachellaHellYeah says Pixies are confirmed. He wouldn't lie about something like that.

MarkO
12-02-2009, 09:55 AM
3 days again next year, do you think ?

faxman75
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Ticket purchased. It's official, I will be there.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Nope, they are each headlining a day. Pollstar will update when it knows more probably.

not the way pavement said it.....

suprefan
12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
not the way pavement said it.....

In regards to Primavera Sound? Not Sasquatch?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-02-2009, 12:42 PM
I have no reading comprehension.

suprefan
12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I have no reading comprehension.

:nono

sin213
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Ticket purchased. It's official, I will be there.

my ticket is purchased as well.

is the first page being updated w/ a list of those going?

faxman75
12-02-2009, 02:38 PM
No, it is not. I was told I can start a meetup thread but I figured I would wait until things seemed to difficult to plan in this thread.

know ID ya
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
3 days again next year, do you think ?

Are you asking our opinions of if a fourth day will be added 2010, or if 2011 will be three days, or if Pavement is confirmed?

MarkO
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
3 days for 2010 ??

tammsters
12-03-2009, 04:10 PM
hi everyone - I'm going to the festival this year as well. I have my passes and am staying at wild horse. this will be my third year at Sasquatch, hope to meet some of you Coachella peeps there this year!

suprefan
12-03-2009, 04:15 PM
3 days for 2010 ??

why wouldnt it be 3 days? They are selling 3 day passes..

MarkO
12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
why wouldnt it be 3 days? They are selling 3 day passes..

Oh heck yes. D'oh!!

know ID ya
12-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I thought you were being cryptic, so I was confused. We're all on the same page now.

karma_guy
12-03-2009, 09:36 PM
whew,
i was THIS CLOSE TO booking my plane ticket and 3 day tix
but then as it turns out, it looks like i will be instead going to the galapagos islands for a week and a half with a scientist friend of mine.
looks like sasquatch will have to wait till 2011!

Sleepingrock
12-03-2009, 10:16 PM
How close?

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 12:11 PM
The winning name for the tent contest was, "The Rumpus Room". I'm going to ignore that when I go, that name sucks!

Edit.

I didn't mean that to sound so harsh but I find it hard to believe that was the best response they got. When I think of a Rumpus room I think of a place where little kids go to play. That's not really the aim I thought they were going for with a comedy and dance music tent. Adults can have Rumpus Rooms too but it makes me think of upper middle class people who have a room to play with their expensive toys because they have so much time and money to waste. Boy, I'm reading way too much into this name.

faxman75
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
What a shitty choice. So they abandoned the idea of sticking to the mythical hairy creatures. Dumb.

FWIW I liked your idea. It seemed to fit perfectly. Mine should have been a close second.

paulb
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
which was yours Faxy?

faxman75
12-04-2009, 01:59 PM
I submitted the Ewok tent.

http://www.fishrizzo.com/admin/library/ewok.jpg

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 02:07 PM
I submitted two, the first was Wendigo.

The Wendigo is part of the traditional belief systems of various Algonquian-speaking tribes in the northern United States and Canada,

And I submitted one other...

Pakuni, which is the name of the creatures that Cha-Ka is in Land of the Lost.

I thought mine were pretty good.

bobert
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM
The Rumpus Room Was my idea. Anyone want to buy a signed Pixies poster?

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM

"December 4th, 2009
The Rumpus Room!

Congratulations to Tifni Richards for submitting the winning entry in our Name That Tent contest - we’re proud to announce that the Tent Formerly Known As Dance/Comedy is now The Rumpus Room!

Can’t wait for the wild rumpus to start…"

Your name is Tifni Richards?

faxman75
12-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Rumpus are actually mythical creatures from the "where the wild things are" book/movie. So I think we stand corrected. Or it least has to do with dancing with the creatures or some shit. I don't know, I didn't read the book but that's what comes up with a google image search.

bobert
12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
No, of course not. And it appears that my suggestion of The Abominable Dance Tent was not well-received. That said, The Rumpus Room is clearly a reference to Where the Wild Things Are ("Let the Wild Rumpus start!!") and thus in keeping the theme of mythical hairy beasts, so it's fine in my book.

EDIT: and it appears fax beat me to it.

boarderwoozel3
12-04-2009, 02:46 PM

I might. What does it look like, dimensions, price, etc..?

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't think that's correct.

I don't think those creatures are called Rumpus.

A rumpus is defined as the following..

Main Entry: rum·pus
Pronunciation: \ˈrəm-pəs\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1764
: a usually noisy commotion

I could be wrong but I don't recall them ever referred to as anything except their names or as things.

Edit.

I found this in Wikipedia, it could be wrong..

The original concept for the book featured horses instead of monsters. According to Sendak, his publisher suggested the switch when she discovered that Sendak could not draw horses, but thought that he "could at the very least draw 'a thing'!"[2] He replaced the horses with caricatures of his aunts and uncles, whom he had studied critically in his youth as an escape from their weekly visits to his family's Brooklyn home.[3] When working on the opera adaptation of the book with Oliver Knussen, Sendak gave the monsters the names of his relatives: Tzippy, Moishe, Aaron, Emile, and Bernard.[4]

bobert
12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Like I said earlier, it's in reference to the line from the book/movie "LET THE WILD RUMPUS START."
http://www.sendaksnightkitchen.com/posters/wildrumpuspstr.jpg

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I think the Rumpus just refers to the act of what they are doing when they play and party.

A wild rumpus would be a wild "usually noisy commotion".

Plus in american culture, a "Rumpus Room" is a common term that refers to the following.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-rumpus-room.htm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rumpus+room

I just noticed Windish shows Neon Indian as confirmed!

bobert
12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I think the Rumpus just refers to the act of what they are doing when they play and party.

A wild rumpus would be a wild "usually noisy commotion".

Yes, the wild rumpus is when the hairy beasts get down and dance and do crazy shit. Like I've been saying repeatedly for the last three posts. Good detective work though.

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I understand what you are saying, I'm just saying that the connection to the mythical beasts that the festival is making is a little weak in my humble opinion.

That's all I'm saying...

And sorry I keep harping on this.

Edit...

Also, you had said you were the person who won so I don't mean any offense to you.

Maybe I'm also a little bitter that I didn't win. :)

Sleepingrock
12-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Bobert is a girl?

faxman75
12-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I feel your pain Ardent, I think you should have won as well. It's funny how confident I was with my submission until you told me yours. Either way, based on last years dance talent, I don't think I have anything to worry about in regards to going to that tent.

MarkO
12-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I thought you were being cryptic, so I was confused. We're all on the same page now.

No, I just forgot to engage my brain.

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Maybe it will be better this year. I did enjoy Deadmau5. And I got to have a girl ask me, "Is this Deadmau Five".

I just think since technically they are in the middle of nowhere and everyone is camping the dance tent can go to at least 2 or 4. Who's going to complain?

When i went to Bonnaroo "Sasha and Digweed" went to sun up.