PDA

View Full Version : The Sasquatch 2010 thread.... Official

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

know ID ya
03-07-2010, 07:50 PM
PhIDURfiJPA

i could only make it 0:18 into that before i shut it down.

I agree that is a pretty bad music video, but I don't think their music is as terrible as the video. It does sound like they are trying to appeal to high school kids though.

Were the Blood Brothers big with high school kids, or are they going in a different direction?

andymcdandy
03-07-2010, 08:50 PM
They should add a good PNW band. Like Glass Candy.

Or Pyramiddd!!!

fikus222
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
You know where we'll be :)

Yeah well, my wife and I weren't all that impressed with the music coming from your stage at Sea of Dreams this year, though the stage's design was pretty cool.

faxman75
03-08-2010, 09:36 AM
P4K gave their new album a 2.0:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13959-hologram-jams/

The same review they gave The Fragile.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/ (http://http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/)

So it's brilliant? ;) That review never gets old.

I don't buy reviews. Ever. I read them for entertainment at most and little pieces of insight are always fun but never ever take them as reliable. At the end of the day it's one persons taste.

rage patton
03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Wait... the Do Lab will be at Sasquatch this year!? Fuck yeah! I don't care about the music at the Do Lab at all, but it is my number 1 hangout spot at Coachella when they arent any bands playing that I want to see, or I just need a rest. I grab a bite, chill in the shade, absorb the artwork, get sprayed by a water cannon and continue on. If this does mean the Do Lab will be at Sasquatch, I am really excited.

And guys, look at past Sasquatch additions... most of the additions are PNW bands, and most of those aren't even notable. The biggest post lineup add Sasquatch has ever gotten was The Mars Volta and Presidents of the United States of America in 08. Last year I think the biggest addition was Deerhoof.

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Na last year was Mos Def and Crystal Castles. I can't remember who Deerhoof replaced tho.

Gribbz
03-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Wait... the Do Lab will be at Sasquatch this year!? Fuck yeah! I don't care about the music at the Do Lab at all, but it is my number 1 hangout spot at Coachella when they arent any bands playing that I want to see, or I just need a rest. I grab a bite, chill in the shade, absorb the artwork, get sprayed by a water cannon and continue on. If this does mean the Do Lab will be at Sasquatch, I am really excited.

And guys, look at past Sasquatch additions... most of the additions are PNW bands, and most of those aren't even notable. The biggest post lineup add Sasquatch has ever gotten was The Mars Volta and Presidents of the United States of America in 08. Last year I think the biggest addition was Deerhoof.

The Do-Lab won't be there. They will be doing Lightning in a Bottle.

faxman75
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Where are you seeing information about the Do Lab being at Sasquatch?

guedita
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I just "signed" a petition on the Sasquatch board for Cut Copy to be added. According to their myspace they will be making an appearance at a handful of summer festivals. IDK how likely it is, though.

Gribbz
03-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Where are you seeing information about the Do Lab being at Sasquatch?

because of this post:

You know where we'll be :)

I just "signed" a petition on the Sasquatch board for Cut Copy to be added. According to their myspace they will be making an appearance at a handful of summer festivals. IDK how likely it is, though.

That would be amazing. I love Cut Copy. Where do I sign?

rage patton
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
The Do-Lab won't be there. They will be doing Lightning in a Bottle.

Aww boo.

The one consistently bad thing about Sasquatch is, besides food, is that when there are no acts playing you want to see... there is nothing to do. Its nothing like Coachella in that respect. There is nothing interactive, like the drum tree or the hand of man, there are no collossal artwork pieces or anything of the sort. I thought they were getting the Do Lab to fix this. I guess not.

amyzzz
03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Ah well, that sucks. That makes me reconsider buying a Saturday ticket if there's nothing else to do. Or I'll have to research Saturday bands a heck of a lot more.

guedita
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
That would be amazing. I love Cut Copy. Where do I sign?

http://sasquatchfest.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=518&page=2

Gribbz
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Aww boo.

The one consistently bad thing about Sasquatch is, besides food, is that when there are no acts playing you want to see... there is nothing to do. Its nothing like Coachella in that respect. There is nothing interactive, like the drum tree or the hand of man, there are no collossal artwork pieces or anything of the sort. I thought they were getting the Do Lab to fix this. I guess not.

I'm not worried about it.

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Saturday is pretty crappy in the lower tier bands. I'm pretty stoked for the BSS>National>The Very Best>MMJ lineup. But other than that not to many other good bands that day.

faxman75
03-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Saturday is pretty crappy in the lower tier bands. I'm pretty stoked for the BSS>National>The Very Best>MMJ lineup. But other than that not to many other good bands that day.

What I like on Saturday

Mumford and Sons
BSS
The National
Public Enemy
Hold Steady
Laura Marling
My Morning Jacket
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (curious)
The Posies (curious)
OK Go (curious)

guedita
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Fools Gold and The Very Best will be fun to check out on Saturday, I think. I haven't really done any research on some of the other, smaller, bands.

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM
What I like on Saturday

Mumford and Sons
BSS
The National
Public Enemy
Hold Steady
Laura Marling
My Morning Jacket
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (curious)
The Posies (curious)
OK Go (curious)

The only problem is some of those bands will have quite a bit of overlap, but good list.

boarderwoozel3
03-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Aww boo.

That's why the beer garden was invented.

faxman75
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
The only problem is some of those bands will have quite a bit of overlap, but good list.

Oh absolutely there are conflicts. I don't think I'll be wandering around board too much though. Then again, Sasquatch is one of those places where I don't get bored. I'm completely content laying on the grass and day dreaming or relaxing. I don't need to be in front of a stage constatly and I don't need much side entertainment. People watching is always fun at Sasquatch too.

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I agree, I don't get bored. I took a nice nap in the grass after St. Vincent last year. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the whole weekend, I just wish there was a little more balance like last year.

rage patton
03-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Wrong. The Very Best (I know you mentioned them) and Fool's Gold will not only be Saturday highlights, but festival highlights. Hadn't listened to either of them before the lineup came out, and these two have become some of my most anticipated sets of the festival.

That's why the beer garden was invented.

No beer Gardens at Sasquatch. You can carry your beer around freely with you. Unfortunately, beer is $9 at Sasquatch for a tall Pabst.

paulb
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
dont they do wristbands for 21+ and they have guys walking the entire place making sure people with drinks in their hands are 21+

faxman75
03-08-2010, 01:16 PM
dont they do wristbands for 21+ and they have guys walking the entire place making sure people with drinks in their hands are 21+

Yes they do and when they are bored they will yell at people for sitting on rocks near paths, not blocking a path mind you. These fucktards annoyed the shit out of me in 08' but I didn't even notice them in 09' probably because I spent more time on the floor in 09' than the rock face.

guedita
03-08-2010, 01:17 PM
$9 for a 24 oz Pabst?

faxman75
03-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I think you can get micro brews for $11 or $12. In the two years I have been I haven't purchased a single beer.

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Fool's Gold are pretty good (I've already seen em) but am super stoked for the Very Best.

sin213
03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
whats a name of a Very Best album? i search for them, but there are waaaay too many search results with The Very Best in the title, summary, page, etc...

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
First was a free mixtape:
http://www.greenowl.com/album/esau-mwamwaya-and-radioclit-are

And then their official album is called Warm Heart of Africa

sin213
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
cool. thanx dandy andy. ;)

fikus222
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
I think you can get micro brews for $11 or $12. In the two years I have been I haven't purchased a single beer.

Last year we didn't even begin drinking until after the show(s) and after we'd showered and ate. Which meant that we were partying from around 1230am until 5am and then sleeping till 11 and then heading to the venue by 1230pm. It seemed to work really well for us, especially considering it was pretty warm last year and cuz the drinks were expensive as hell inside the venue.

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
The worst of the worst is the slushy margaritas which are $15. Fuck that! Drink a little before and a lot after. The chance of getting thrown out for smuggling alcohol is not worth the risk for a buzz. They need to allow in and outs, but then I think people may get too shitted and cause more problems.

Plus the drink nazi's are annoying as hell.

sin213
03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
wowza. i'm glad i don't drink at fests...

venturas90sgirl
03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
The worst of the worst is the slushy margaritas which are $15. Fuck that! Drink a little before and a lot after. The chance of getting thrown out for smuggling alcohol is not worth the risk for a buzz. They need to allow in and outs, but then I think people may get too shitted and cause more problems.

Plus the drink nazi's are annoying as hell.

Good lord that sounds annoying, I usually drink after the shows, much easier and cheaper.

know ID ya
03-08-2010, 05:59 PM
It's not like there is nothing to do outside of music. They do have a comedy tent. If it is really hot, that makes for a nice place to catch some shade anyway.

I believe beer sales end at dark, and the only place you are allowed to drink after that is the beer garden. I only know of one for sure, at the top of the hill in the corner (furthest from entrance).

Someone on the Sasquatch board emailed the organizers about re-entry a couple months ago, and the response was that they were working on allowing re-entry, possibly by purchasing a voucher to be scanned for $5 or $10. This isn't Coachella and Bonnaroo though. The walk to the campground can take 30 minutes, so you're already looking at an hour travel time there and back. Who knows if the Wildhorse shuttle would even be operating during the day.

fikus222
03-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Even with the Drink Enforcers, we saw people who brought their own sh!t in last year. For example, during Monotonix's set, there was some guy in the crowd hoisting his 1.75L bottle of Seagrams (or something) above his head. Around Noon-1:30 the main gate is pretty packed and the ticket takers get overwhelmed and get a little lax in their searches, so it is definitely within the realm of possibilities to sneak stuff in.

chiapet
03-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Aww boo.

The one consistently bad thing about Sasquatch is, besides food, is that when there are no acts playing you want to see... there is nothing to do.

Hang out with board people. ;)

The drinking at Sasquatch is expensive, I usually get one of the outrageously overpriced margaritas during the weekend if it's hot, more for slushy goodness than for drinking (Are they really $15? I was thinking like $12). The beers are pretty expensive too. They don't really check your bags though. I brought in two flasks per day last year.

rage patton
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
True, I will be hanging out with lots of board people this year.

Also, is the Sasquatch website not working for anyone else? Its not working for me.

faxman75
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Loading fine for me.

andymcdandy
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Even with the Drink Enforcers, we saw people who brought their own sh!t in last year. For example, during Monotonix's set, there was some guy in the crowd hoisting his 1.75L bottle of Seagrams (or something) above his head. Around Noon-1:30 the main gate is pretty packed and the ticket takers get overwhelmed and get a little lax in their searches, so it is definitely within the realm of possibilities to sneak stuff in.

We snuck in some flasks last year too, however, one of my friends got caught with a bottle of wine and was kicked out for the rest of the day. Super bummer.

rage patton
03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Now its working for me. Weird.

Anyways, looking at the schedule again, considering Deadmau5 is closing the Wookie, this moves up the times of the dance tent acts, and this probably means there is going to be a Vampire Weekend vs. The Very Best conflict... which doesn't make sense at all. On the new Very Best album, Ezra from Vampire Weekend sings on a song and on the first Very Best mixtape, they sample Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa. Unless an act bigger than Vampire Weekend or The Very Best get added on their respective stages, they will conflict. That sucks.

chiapet
03-08-2010, 09:56 PM
We snuck in some flasks last year too, however, one of my friends got caught with a bottle of wine and was kicked out for the rest of the day. Super bummer.

See, I think it's just a matter of not being ridiculous. A bottle of wine is pretty obvious. A few flasks amongst the jackets, ponchos, blankets, etc, that everyone brings is totally fine. I don't get the sense that they care at all about bringing in alcohol, they just have to maintain some semblance of alcohol control since it's an all ages venue.

guedita
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Now its working for me. Weird.

Anyways, looking at the schedule again, considering Deadmau5 is closing the Wookie, this moves up the times of the dance tent acts, and this probably means there is going to be a Vampire Weekend vs. The Very Best conflict... which doesn't make sense at all. On the new Very Best album, Ezra from Vampire Weekend sings on a song and on the first Very Best mixtape, they sample Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa. Unless an act bigger than Vampire Weekend or The Very Best get added on their respective stages, they will conflict. That sucks.

They might be scheduling things different this year, though. I highly doubt they'd put The Very Best against Vampire Weekend....it doesn't make sense! I'm still vying for deadmau5 going on the Wookie after MMJ, to close out the festival/late night. I don't know, though.

rage patton
03-08-2010, 10:37 PM
The last 4 years of Sasquatch schedules have basically been the same. Like, quite literally, almost the exact same set times every year, just with different bands. The bands are ordered on their respective stages according to billing. They never deviate from this. They never have. It would be a huge shock if they did.

trevor turtle
03-08-2010, 10:45 PM
The last 4 years of Sasquatch schedules have basically been the same. Like, quite literally, almost the exact same set times every year, just with different bands. The bands are ordered on their respective stages according to billing. They never deviate from this. They never have. It would be a huge shock if they did.

I would think they could be more creative than that...

amyzzz
03-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Where are you finding what bands will be on what stage??

rage patton
03-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Amy, where it lists the bands day by day on the mainpage, click on the bands names and it will take you that bands page on the Sasquatch site. On the very bottom it will tell you what stage they are playing on. Because Sasquatch schedules their artists according to billing, and because their schedule is basically exactly the same every year, we basically know the schedule already. They also have the exact same amount of acts play each stage every year, so we know there are still a few gaps that need to be filled.

I have a presentation I need to work on today, but if I get it done early, I will make up a theoretical schedule. I did the same thing last year. My schedule was dead on for every single act (except Dance/Comedy tent acts) within 15 minutes of actual starting time.

EDIT: Also, for anyone interested The Very Best just posted a new song on their myspace. It is a remix of Yeasayer's "Ambling Alp" and it is pretty damn cool. Check it out. http://www.myspace.com/theverybestmyspace

amyzzz
03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
So if the 3 major bands I want to see are playing on 3 different stages, there's a chance they will all conflict?? I might have to give up Sasquatch when the lineup comes out. :nono

faxman75
03-09-2010, 11:12 AM
2 probably, 3 not as likely but what are the bands and we can give you a better idea.

There has been a schedule posted in this thread a few times too, I can't find it at the moment but that should shed some light.

fikus222
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Here it is (there have been some band added since this schedule was made):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/Saturdaysas.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/Sundaysas.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/Mondaysas-1.jpg

EDIT: just to be clear, I made this for myself and thought it looked nice.. so I thought I'd share.

amyzzz
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Booka Shade is on the Wookie stage.

MA / SMD / Booka Shade could all be playing at once. I would just die.

faxman75
03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I really like this lineup. I'll say it again. I really like this lineup. The whole thing. There aren't even any terrible conflicts, there's some overlap and some things I will miss but overall I think it's going to be a great weekend.

faxman75
03-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Ouch, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you zzz's.

guedita
03-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Yeah, that is agreeably an awful 3-way conflict. I don't think it will happen. Probably just 2 of those will conflict. But maybe, because I'm an optimist, none will!

rage patton
03-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Booka Shade was moved to the Wookie, yes... but like I said, they go by billing on the schedule. Based on that, Booka Shade will be playing the Wookie at around 2:30. But yeah, Simian Mobile Disco and Massive Attack are garaunteed to conflict.

faxman75
03-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I would like to see nada surf but they conflict with Pavement.

fikus222
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Booka Shade was moved to the Wookie, yes... but like I said, they go by billing on the schedule. Based on that, Booka Shade will be playing the Wookie at around 2:30. But yeah, Simian Mobile Disco and Massive Attack are garaunteed to conflict.

Nope, Booka Shade is billed below the Dirty Projectors and Nada Surf and above the xx, therefore they should come on around 7pm.

amyzzz
03-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm hoping I can see Booka Shade, then maybe see what MA's general set list looks like on previous tour dates and skip out to SMD at opportune times if I have to. Or just stay at MA and miss SMD.

rage patton
03-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Nope, Booka Shade is billed below the Dirty Projectors and Nada Surf and above the xx, therefore they should come on around 7pm.

I don't know what Sasquatch page you are looking at... but according to the main website, the billing on Sunday goes like this.

Sunday, May 30th
Massive Attack / Pavement / LCD Soundsystem / Tegan and Sara / Kid Cudi / Nada Surf / Dirty Projectors / The xx / The Long Winters / Simian Mobile Disco / Midlake / Girls / Vetiver / The Tallest Man On Earth / YACHT / Booka Shade / Caribou / Avi Buffalo / City and Colour / Cymbals Eat Guitars / A-Trak / Fruit Bats / tUnE-yArDs / Local Natives / Freelance Whales / Jets Overhead / Rob Riggle / Luke Burbank / Rory Scovel / Mike Birbiglia

I bolded Booka Shade and all the other Wookie stage artists billed above them.

EDIT: I also checked the single day page for Sunday acts, and it is billed the exact same way.

amyzzz
03-09-2010, 12:49 PM
And that's exactly how it worked out last year?

know ID ya
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Last year's Yeti lineup was nowhere near the initial billing/stage ordering. Also, Tallest Man on Earth was recently moved to the Wookie, which leaves nine acts on the Wookie Sat/Sun, when they only had eight in the past.

The main stage and the Wookie mostly held true last year, so it's still a good way to guess, but saying they never deviate from this is a bit confident. Last year was the first year they announced the stages so early as well, so we don't have that much history to go on from that aspect (although the billings v. schedule the year's past were pretty accurate, just hard to guess who would play at which stage).

rage patton
03-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Amy, as I said earlier, for the last 4 years, each band get scheduled on their respetive stage according to their billing. There have been NO deviations on this. (Barring weather conditions).

Booka Shade will play at around 2:30 on the Wookie.

Although, one thing I have noticed, the Wookie now has 9 scheduled acts on saturday and Sunday. Where as in the past, the Wookie only had 8 acts. This is leading me to believe the Wookie will now run into the headliner, instead of stopping beforehand.

Last year's Yeti lineup was nowhere near the initial billing/stage ordering. Also, Tallest Man on Earth was recently moved to the Wookie, which leaves nine acts on the Wookie Sat/Sun, when they only had eight in the past.

The main stage and the Wookie mostly held true last year, so it's still a good way to guess, but saying they never deviate from this is a bit confident. Last year was the first year they announced the stages so early as well, so we don't have that much history to go on from that aspect (although the billings v. schedule the year's past were pretty accurate, just hard to guess who would play at which stage).

Last years Yeti was billed just like the Sasquatch and Wookie stage... according to billing. I have the schedule right next to me. There were some last minute changes because Japandroids and some other band dropped it, but it was scheduled according to billing. Last minute changes don't count. Also, The Tallest Man on Earth has been on the Wookie since Day 1.

Im not basing this off of just last years schedule, I am basing it off of the past 4 years schedules. Like I said, last year I made a theoretical schedule and I was dead on for everyband within 15 minutes of their actual starting time. Except the Dance/Comedy Tent that is. But that is because that was new.

know ID ya
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I pulled out my schedule, and last year wasn't dead on for me at least. Blitzen Trapper was billed above the Knux and Monotonix, yet played before them. Mt St Helens Vietnam Band played prior to Arthur & Yu, but was billed higher. The rest of my schedule looks pretty close, although you must have done a better job guessing the billing order of the adds. BKL JKS and Mos Def played second to last on their stages, bumping everyone down. It is not an exact science.

This year is the first year they've had an electronic headline the main stage, so while the Massive Attack v. Simian Mobile Disco conflict seems likely, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to alleviate this. It would make sense for the largest dance tent draw to play opposite Pavement, so maybe SMD and YACHT will switch?

faxman75
03-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm hoping I can see Booka Shade, then maybe see what MA's general set list looks like on previous tour dates and skip out to SMD at opportune times if I have to. Or just stay at MA and miss SMD.

You are considering leaving Massive Attack for SMD? WAT?!

faxman75
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
The National should be the sub headliner and play after Vampire Weekend. At least I can go watch PE while VW plays.

fikus222
03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Josh - You're right about Booka's billing (I don't know what I was looking at last week :p).

I'm totally fine with Booka Shade coming on around 2:30 too, cuz it would mean I'd be hitting them up right after Caribou's main stage set, poifect. Also if things go this way, I won't have to worry about an electronic act (that I want to see) conflicting with Pavement. Plus, if the end of the night works how it did last year, with the dance tent ending a half hour before the main stage ends, than I will happily go from SMD to MA (whom I've already seen live and who bores me anyway).

boarderwoozel3
03-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Amy, as I said earlier, for the last 4 years, each band get scheduled on their respetive stage according to their billing. There have been NO deviations on this. (Barring weather conditions).

Booka Shade will play at around 2:30 on the Wookie.

I rrreeeeaaaaallllyyyyyy hope you're right.

Aurgasm
03-09-2010, 06:20 PM
me too

bobert
03-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Just my personal opinion, but isn't the Gorge itself a big enough attraction? Guess that's what I always end up doing while waiting for the next act to come along - bs with my friends and take in the scenery. Anyone who enjoys going to the beach is technically doing nothing, but sometimes isn't it enough just to chill and hang out at a beautiful place?

OnlyNonStranger
03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Does Sasquatch ever sell out? I'm still waiting on the ol' tax return to buy my tickets.

faxman75
03-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Someone posted a story the other day about it being 80% sold already but I have no idea how valid that was.

know ID ya
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Saturday and Sunday tickets sold out on April 29th last year. The year before, they sold out a week or so before the festival. Monday never sells out.

MarkO
03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Just my personal opinion, but isn't the Gorge itself a big enough attraction? ...............

Depends on the weather. I know I've been cold and miserable up there and considered bailing out and going home (I didn't)

Gribbz
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Have The Drive-By Truckers been on the poster since day 1? I just noticed them on the line-up.

fikus222
03-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Have The Drive-By Truckers been on the poster since day 1? I just noticed them on the line-up.

Yup, is that a good thing for you?

Gribbz
03-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I haven't listened to them, actually. I've heard good things though.

fikus222
03-12-2010, 04:23 PM
I haven't listened to them, actually. I've heard good things though.

I've not listened to the Drive By Truckers either. I guess they're kinda popular, a bunch of my wife's female UW classmates are really into them and are headed to Sasquatch's Monday just to see'em.

chiapet
03-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I've seen them several times. They're not bad. Not an act that would make me go to a festival, but I've caught them several times while nothing else was going on and was entertained.

fikus222
03-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I've seen them several times. They're not bad. Not an act that would make me go to a festival, but I've caught them several times while nothing else was going on and was entertained.

Oops, Erika just informed me that the band that her classmates are googoo over is Band of Horses and not The Drive By Truckers.

chiapet
03-12-2010, 07:01 PM
That makes more sense :)

fikus222
03-12-2010, 07:12 PM
:) NEW ADDS :)

They Might Be Giants: Sunday Main Stage
Shadow Shadow Shade: Saturday Yeti Stage

Nick Kroll: Saturday Comedy Tent
Doug Benson: Monday Comedy Tent

Awesome, I've always wanted to see They Might Be Giants, but never wanted to pay for 'em, so this is great except for the fact that Sunday is already packed.

Bendulum
03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Massive Attack is headlining the Sunday for Sasquatch, but they're also playing a show in Vancouver - outdoors, in a smaller venue on the Saturday (day before their Sasquatch performance). Which would be a better experience? This is a big dilemma for me, as I have already purchased tickets for Sasquatch (3 day pass), but am willing to sell the first day off to see both MA shows.

In other words, are solo performances better than festival performances for bands in general? Do setlists change all that much, under the condition that the band headlines both. Perhaps it varies for each band..

suprefan
03-13-2010, 01:49 PM
the only main difference would be time alloted. But who knows, I think a couple of songs getting cut out wont kill you. It wont be anything major though. Stick with Sasquatch, get your moneys worth..

thewindowliquor
03-15-2010, 02:07 AM
I'm kinda hoping that it rains on Sunday. I think it would make MA's show even more epic.

faxman75
03-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Massive Attack is headlining the Sunday for Sasquatch, but they're also playing a show in Vancouver - outdoors, in a smaller venue on the Saturday (day before their Sasquatch performance). Which would be a better experience? This is a big dilemma for me, as I have already purchased tickets for Sasquatch (3 day pass), but am willing to sell the first day off to see both MA shows.

In other words, are solo performances better than festival performances for bands in general? Do setlists change all that much, under the condition that the band headlines both. Perhaps it varies for each band..

First off, ignore Suprefan, he's completely wrong. The set at Sasquatch will not be shorter. Headliners at Sasquatch can play well over 2 hours if they desire. The headliners at Sasquatch perform a full headlining set, it does not get cut short and they are not forced to stop at a certain time. I'm sure the smaller outdoor venue will have a nice setting for their show but no matter how nice it is it can't be a better setting than this....

http://quincywashington.us/quincy/images/zoom/YNQZQJ/viewsize/gorge_w_people.jpg

Keep your Sasquatch tickets.

sin213
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm kinda hoping that it rains on Sunday. I think it would make MA's show even more epic.

rain = no taping. so plz don't "prey for rain".

chiapet
03-15-2010, 10:23 AM
I disagree with Mark's idea of "epic" :P

faxman75
03-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I disagree with Mark's idea of "epic" :P

lol what's this in reference to? Where did I use epic?

chiapet
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh damn, it wasn't you, it was scott. For the record I disagree with anyone who WANTS rain at sasquatch :)

faxman75
03-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh ok. I know something was fishy, I don't recall the last time I even used the word 'epic".

I'm ok with a little rain but holy shit I can't get over how much I loved the weather last year. The sky at night was epic! lol

amyzzz
03-15-2010, 10:49 AM
NO RAIN. Jesus. I'd melt away. And all my stuff would get soggy.

thewindowliquor
03-15-2010, 12:38 PM
rain = no taping.

ok. i changed my mind.

sin213
03-15-2010, 12:41 PM
:D

thewindowliquor
03-16-2010, 02:17 AM
DUDE OMG SHIT FUCK

when did they add Martina Topley Bird to the Sasquatch lineup?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MAKES ME THINK?

DON"T FUCKING PLAY WITH ME LIKE THIS> OMG

amyzzz
03-16-2010, 07:53 AM
I think I need to d/l her stuff.

faxman75
03-16-2010, 08:28 AM
I kinda expected her to be there as she has been peforming with them.

KgjkRD6zgqE

mXQhIcyd7l8

jVSgfgQnOwQ

thewindowliquor
03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
yeah, i dunno. when i read that last night, i thought it meant that there was a chance that tricky would show up with them.

now that i've sobered up a little, i think it was just wishful thinking. it'll still be bad ass though.

fikus222
03-17-2010, 06:42 PM
The Heavy were added to the Main stage on Monday.

jigawig
03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
hola kids...i just a three day pass to my very first sasquatch today!!! so, going to my second coachella (07 was my first), and then going to sasquatch a little over a month later equals an amazing start to summer!!! i see a couple old friends on here (chia and fax)

rage patton
03-19-2010, 06:40 PM
The Heavy were added to the Main stage on Monday.

I don't know them, but Becky is a big fan of them. She was excited by that news. I guess I should take a listen.

chiapet
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
That's awesome, Danny. There are a ton of us from the board going, as you can see from how busy this thread has been :)

faxman75
03-19-2010, 06:58 PM
hola kids...i just a three day pass to my very first sasquatch today!!! so, going to my second coachella (07 was my first), and then going to sasquatch a little over a month later equals an amazing start to summer!!! i see a couple old friends on here (chia and fax)

Hey, good times ahead! See you at Coachella and Sasquatch. This was a good year to skip Bonnaroo eh?

jigawig
03-20-2010, 01:36 PM
most definately!!! :thu

im sure that i could read through this thread and find some answers, but i dont care to read 70 pages. so how does this fest compare to say coachella or roo as far as size, as far as the "party" scene, etc? is it pretty relaxed with law enforcement, or does one have to be extremely discrete to have fun? how is the camping situation? any other info would be greatly appreciated!!

fikus222
03-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Bobcat Goldthwait added to Monday, I may actually venture into the Comedy Tent this year.

guedita
03-21-2010, 09:46 PM
If anyone knows of a 3-day pass available, please let me know. My best friend really wants to come and it's her birthday weekend. (I TOLD her it would sell out...)

chiapet
03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
It's already sold out?! that's crazy.

suprefan
03-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Well, its not that big of a festival capacity wise...

boarderwoozel3
03-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Sold out in a month. Impressive.

rage patton
03-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Wait... single day passes are no longer available?

clumsy342
03-22-2010, 12:00 AM
don't seem to be.

Gribbz
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I think only 3 day passes are sold out.

chiapet
03-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Single day ones seem to be sold out on ticketmaster too.

suprefan
03-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Wait... single day passes are no longer available?

GONE.

I think only 3 day passes are sold out.

All gone, check all the buy links, nothing, at all...

Gribbz
03-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Wow, fast indeed.

rage patton
03-22-2010, 12:31 AM
I am honestly blown away. I though the line up was great last year, but I thought 08 and 09 had better selling power in their line ups. Good for Sasquatch.

I had a few friends who wanted to go to this. I hope they got their tickets.

sin213
03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
awesome. guess i picked a good year to make it to sasquatch! should be a good turn out.

andymcdandy
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I wonder if this will be the year that Monday sells out

faxman75
03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I wonder if this will be the year that Monday sells out

I wonder if you read the posts above yours on this page.

Everything is sold out.

thewindowliquor
03-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I *might* have an extra camping pass at the Gorge if anyone is in need.

chiapet
03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Monday appears to not be sold out, Mark. I checked ticketmaster when that was posted. The 3-day passes, and Saturday and Sunday single day passes, are sold out. I'd guess not that many people go for a single day on Monday.

faxman75
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Gotcha, i was going by this post.

Single day ones seem to be sold out on ticketmaster too.

:nono

:D

chiapet
03-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Yea, I only checked Saturday & Sunday at first. ;)

venturas90sgirl
03-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Its not surprising with that lineup. Its gonna be a good next couple of months.

MarkO
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I just realised this will be my first festival in 2yrs. Yikes.

jigawig
03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
ahhhh, im sooo looking forward to this fest. i will be checking out vancouver, bc the wed and thur before, and then trying to catch a ride from seattle airport to sasquatch that friday. if anyone can help me out, i will help out with booze!!

edit: meant to put this in originally. i can also help with car rental/gas. i also have a camping pass!!

Aurgasm
03-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Donald just posted this on facebook. This festival keeps getting better and better!!!

Pmy9QZghgqE

StubbADubb
03-26-2010, 03:23 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get my tickets yet because I didn't think it would freakin' sell-out in ONE MONTH. I mean, Coachella hasn't sold out! wtf ARG.

I was looking forward to going, I even bought a pass to Wildhorse Campground as well...which means I can go camping but not see any of the shows.

Well, this sure put a damper on my day.

chiapet
03-26-2010, 03:34 PM
People will be selling passes closer to the date, don't give up. Lots of people end up having to work or just change their minds.

fancy restaurant
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I *might* have an extra camping pass at the Gorge if anyone is in need.

I wonder if Sasquatch camping is going to get as crazy as Coachella camping.

StubbADubb
03-26-2010, 03:36 PM
People will be selling passes closer to the date, don't give up. Lots of people end up having to work or just change their minds.

I hope so.

The guy who runs that earcandy blog in Seattle says he contacted Live Nation because he believes they could be holding onto some and releasing them later but who knows.

I could go the Craigslist route (I just wanted passes to Sat and Sun) but I just hate getting price gouged.

But you're right...I'll keep hoping, hold onto my camping pass for now and see what happens!

sin213
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get my tickets yet because I didn't think it would freakin' sell-out in ONE MONTH. I mean, Coachella hasn't sold out! wtf ARG.

I was looking forward to going, I even bought a pass to Wildhorse Campground as well...which means I can go camping but not see any of the shows.

Well, this sure put a damper on my day.

from what i've heard, there are usually people looking to get rid of single day tix outside the fest each day. monday more than any...but i'd bet you could find a sat and sun too.

StubbADubb
03-26-2010, 03:51 PM
from what i've heard, there are usually people looking to get rid of single day tix outside the fest each day. monday more than any...but i'd bet you could find a sat and sun too.

Yeah, I can't do Monday (it's not a holiday in Canada)...

Just looking at the Seattle Craigslist...tix are going for over $400 for the 3 days, $150+ for single day.

Sigh. I'm screwed.

StubbADubb
03-26-2010, 03:55 PM
(THOUGH people have been posting on the Craiglist boards (Vancouver and Seattle) saying NOT to pay the ridiculous scalpers prices because Ticketmaster will release more tix....I'm still waiting to hear back from Earcandy about that too).

chiapet
03-26-2010, 04:01 PM
You have two months, I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

uh... fancy restaurant :nono -- I think sasquatch camping is a little crazier, but in a different way. There's no real supervision at all.

StubbADubb
03-26-2010, 04:01 PM
You have two months, I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

uh... fancy restaurant :nono -- I think sasquatch camping is a little crazier, but in a different way. There's no real supervision at all.

Good to know :) I honestly had NO clue it would sell-out that fast (first time going, obviously)

fancy restaurant
03-26-2010, 04:03 PM
uh... fancy restaurant :nono --

But nothing

I said nothing can take away these blues

amyzzz
03-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Stubbadubb, I will buy your pass if you need to unload it. I just saw you upset over in the FNM thread.

Neutral Milk Hotel
03-26-2010, 07:12 PM
well fuck me sideways
^
|
|
|
didn't buy tickets

StubbADubb
03-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Stubbadubb, I will buy your pass if you need to unload it. I just saw you upset over in the FNM thread.

ALL THE THREADS FEEL MY WRATH.

Deal - if I don't end up getting tix by May, I'll sell the Wildhorse pass to you, face value :)

amyzzz
03-26-2010, 09:00 PM
thanks. I do hope you can figure out a way to go though.

superfiction
03-28-2010, 01:36 PM
were the posies always playing? how did i miss that?

sin213
03-28-2010, 05:27 PM
late add, i believe

fikus222
03-28-2010, 05:28 PM
were the posies always playing? how did i miss that?

They got added a few weeks ago. They should be pretty good, I'm stoked to see 'em.

herro kitty
03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Please excuse my rudeness for not reading the thread but who is going and has a ticket and stuff? I have my tickets but not for camping.. :(!!!

wmgaretjax
03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
i'll be there sunday.

clumsy342
03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
shouldn't we be getting the schedule soon?

suprefan
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
shouldn't we be getting the schedule soon?

Well, dont the stage placements kind of figure things out for you as it is?

clumsy342
03-29-2010, 05:46 PM
yeah. they do. i just want it. want it now!

rage patton
03-29-2010, 10:58 PM
The schedule is gonna be different this year.

The Wookie has 9 acts on each stage as oposed to 8 like the last 3 years. I was trying to make a prediction like I did last year... but it just isn't working out. But yeah... soonish. Last year we got it freakishly early. Like, before the Coachella schedule early. I remember in past year the schedule is usually released the week after Coachella.

righteousdnk
03-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Are camping passes on sale yet? I can't find the place to get them.

faxman75
03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
They Might Be Giants
Bobcat Goldthwait

a few others this is also the final lineup!

http://www.seattleshowgal.com/2010-sasquatch-festival-lineup-finalized/

amyzzz
03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
TMBG?? cool.

rage patton
03-30-2010, 10:51 AM
It says Aziz is performing... but he is not listed on the Sasquatch site.

faxman75
03-30-2010, 10:56 AM

I think that's because it's new info and the Sasquatch site is slow with updates.

rage patton
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Also, TMBG and Bobcat were added sometime last week. Noto go all Supre on you, Faxy. Just letting you know.

faxman75
03-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Supredissed! :nono

know ID ya
03-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Are camping passes on sale yet? I can't find the place to get them.

Search "Sasquatch Camping" instead of "Sasquatch" at the ticketmaster site.

suprefan
03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Supredissed! :nono

Hell yeah

and yes Aziz is legit.

faxman75
03-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Capital One allows you to use your own images for their cards. I have this coming.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/card.jpg

boarderwoozel3
03-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Sweet.

chiapet
03-31-2010, 07:30 AM
^^ I've considered doing that with Coachella pictures. Specifically the Do Lab.

faxman75
03-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah I went through a ton of pictures and it was between that one of the Gorge and the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. I really liked the way this one looked and fit on a card though.

MarkO
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM

He was hilarious in '07. Him and some other guy, Michael ?? did a really funny piece on the 'honey buckets'.

jigawig
04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
i'm sure it is just a cruel april fool's day joke, but there is chatter on the sasquatch boards of daft punk being added to monday...i want to believe

faxman75
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
hahahaha yeah ain't happening.

jigawig
04-01-2010, 04:52 PM
would be pretty sweeeeeet though :thu

fikus222
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
:nono The trick to a solid April Fools joke is to make it somewhat believable.

faxman75
04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
would be pretty sweeeeeet though :thu

No doubt about that.

Ardentbiscuit
04-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I was checking out some of the acts on the bill. Garfunkel and Oates are definitely entertaining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=cegC5vS4DuA&feature=channel

herro kitty
04-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks so much Ardent! I never heard of them before, and I am so excited so see them now!! :)

clumsy342
04-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Seattle Rock Orchestra added to Monday.
says they'll be performing their tribute to Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'.

cool. too bad I'm not going Monday..

faxman75
04-03-2010, 02:50 PM
That definitely sounds interesting. I will probably check that out as Monday is the weakest of the days. Every time I look at the Sasquatch lineup it makes me happy. It's really just so full of good stuff. I can't wait.

MarkO
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Good times will be had.

guedita
04-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I just bought my boyfriend and myself our flights. Because of work/school we've got some pretty bad arrival/departure times, I don't know if anyone else is in the same boat but maybe we can coordinate a shared car rental. On Friday we'll be getting into Seattle at 10:16 PM and Tuesday our flights leave at 7 AM.

faxman75
04-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Your Tuesday departure time completely sucks dick. I don't envy you. Your arrival is probably fine. We've arrived around that time the past two years, make a stop and then drive straight there. You'll be setting up in the dark but it's not big deal.

andymcdandy
04-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Adam Zacks did an interview on consequence of sound and stated that there will be a solar powered stage. Kinda crazy.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/04/05/interview-adam-zacks-founder-of-sasquatch-music-festival/

faxman75
04-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Does that mean three day of rain will make that sage a total failure? I'm curious about this new main stage and what it looks like.

guedita
04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Your Tuesday departure time completely sucks dick. I don't envy you. Your arrival is probably fine. We've arrived around that time the past two years, make a stop and then drive straight there. You'll be setting up in the dark but it's not big deal.

No kidding. I think we might just leave Sunday night after the show and catch some sleep at the airport before our flights leave.

chiapet
04-05-2010, 10:40 AM
That might be a better plan, Cara, especially as the sets end a little earlier on Monday. You shouldn't have a problem getting to Seattle around 12 or 1AM I'd think.

magmazing
04-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Holy crap Sasquatch is sold out. I'm surprised it sold out without a bonafide headliner, but in a way not surprised because of how solid the overall card is.

whynotsmile99
04-05-2010, 11:19 PM
I was checking out some of the acts on the bill. Garfunkel and Oates are definitely entertaining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=cegC5vS4DuA&feature=channel

good god that was annoying

this is sorta funny though

tJRzBpFjJS8&feature=channel

WhyTheLongFace
04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Holy crap Sasquatch is sold out. I'm surprised it sold out without a bonafide headliner, but in a way not surprised because of how solid the overall card is.

Yeah that shocked me too. @SasquatchTweet It's official - Sasquatch! Music Festival 2010 is Sold Out. It is with sincere gratitude that we thank you. YOU are Sasquatch! XO

superdeluxe
04-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Great for Sasquatch!!

TommyboyUNM
04-06-2010, 09:58 AM
This proves that My Morning Jacket is the most popular band in the United States.

fancy restaurant
04-06-2010, 01:45 PM
So, I'm still trying to figure out some way to get into the Wildhorse Campgrounds. I have a pass for the Gorge, which I will gladly trade if anyone is interested.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas of how to make this happen, let me know.

Gribbz
04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm not surprised it sold out this fast... not at all.

chiapet
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I think I've offered all the spots in my car, BUT, I will most likely be arriving late on Friday unless I can come up with a way to skip work that day. So maybe after Coachella, we all need to sort out the passes + car pooling situation.

guedita
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
So, I'm still trying to figure out some way to get into the Wildhorse Campgrounds. I have a pass for the Gorge, which I will gladly trade if anyone is interested.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas of how to make this happen, let me know.

If you can't figure anything out you are still welcome to come along with me in my rental car, we'll just be getting in late, and you'd have to find a ride back to Seattle on Tuesday.

fancy restaurant
04-06-2010, 04:33 PM
If you can't figure anything out you are still welcome to come along with me in my rental car, we'll just be getting in late, and you'd have to find a ride back to Seattle on Tuesday.

That might work. I would imagine I'd be able to find a ride back to Seattle, as I do know a few local(ish) people that are going.

Another thought is that if your plane leaves SeaTac at like 7:00 am, maybe we could all ride back to my apartment Sunday night after the show and you guys could crash on my couch or something for a few hours before your flight..

I dunno, I'm just sort of brainstorming, but I'd say those are some options.

guedita
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
^ That would be lovely!

TommyboyUNM
04-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Does anybody want an mp3 of Massive Attack's Glastonbury 2008 set? It's 33 minutes. I'm not sure if it was cut off, or if that's how long the set was, but it sounds great. PM me with your email address.

fikus222
04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
The Sasquatch Blog (http://sasquatchmusicfestival.blogspot.com/) has a theory regarding the fest's current sold out status:

Monday tickets are no longer available. Here is my theory. The third level of tickets were to go on sale May 17. If they knew a sellout was inevitable, why not take the remaining tickets off the market, and sell them for a higher rate starting May 17?

The blog also reports that last year the schedule came out April 9th, that Aziz is the final comedic add and that the Seattle Rock Opera is most likely the last musical add.

With regards to the Gorge's new main stage, the Sasquatch founder says that the stage will be more enclosed to help prevent the wind from messing with the audio. This is obviously a good thing, but hopefully it won't negatively affect the view.

chiapet
04-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Yea, I was certain the schedule was out before Coachella last year. It was great to be able to compare for conflicts.

MissingPerson
04-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Seattle Rock Orchestra are apparently doing their Arcade Fire tribute thing, which sounds like this.

cex633Barng

Gribbz
04-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Not that significant, but whatever:

This just in:

Nada Surf will now be on the Wookie Stage on Saturday, May 29th, and Public Enemy will be on the Wookie Stage on Sunday, May 30th.

Same great bands! Same great stage! Just a day’s difference.

Set times for the full festival coming soon!

rage patton
04-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Weird that Nada Surf and Public Enemy switched days.

I bet we get the schedule sometime the week following Coachella.

chiapet
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm really hoping they announce prior to Coachella, like last year. Need to work out some potential conflicts. :)

boarderwoozel3
04-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Agreed. I'm set time starved right now.

wmgaretjax
04-11-2010, 09:01 AM
public enemy on sunday too? damn, there are gonna be some serious conflicts.

rage patton
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Actually, just thinking of the PE/Nada Surf switch... it actually makes a lot of sense. PE was probably a little choked that they were no longer closing the Wookie stage due to deadmau5 being moved over the to the Wookie. So, in order to appease them, they probably asked Nada Surf if they could play Saturday. This will then let PE close the Wookie and they will probably play a full set as well. Unfortunately, this probably means PE will conflict with Pavement/Massive Attack.

fikus222
04-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I tried watching PE's Coachella webcast last year and could only stomach it for around 5 minutes and I never really got into Nada Surf, so I guess what I'm saying is the switch doesn't mean much to me. I do however want those damn set times to be released :p

faxman75
04-12-2010, 08:39 AM
I have interest in seeing both but neither looked likely before the switch and now maybe Nada Surf is possible. We'll see what happens.

Gribbz
04-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I need to see the schedule for this... should help a lot with my Coachella conflicts.

fikus222
04-12-2010, 04:57 PM
At some point Langhorne Slim was added to Sunday on the Wookie stage.

venturas90sgirl
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Glad Nada Surf got moved to Saturday since I too was worried about the conflict with Pavement/MA. Can't wait for set times as well.

TommyboyUNM
04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
We should be expecting set times any day, right?

Also, I know nothing about Nada Surf. Just have known OF them for a while. Those of you who know me, do you think I'd care about them? It might be moot because of the schedule, anyway.

MarkO
04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't recall your likes / dislikes Tommy but I like them a lot. Middle of the road, thoughtful pop rock. Nothing spectacular or indietastic but not every band has to be Radiohead.

MissingPerson
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Popular alone paid their ticket in my book.

RNc45FTenhg

EDIT:

Gosh does that feel 1990s.

chiapet
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
but not every band has to be Radiohead.

:nono

I don't remember much about Nada Surf except that the rest of their discography was much better than "popular".

TommyboyUNM
04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh shit that's the same band that did "Popular"? I didn't even realize. My mind is blown.

Heidi, what was the :nono for?

MarkO
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Popular is not representative of their catalog. They still play it though.

faxman75
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM
They are really good live too from what i've heard.

MarkO
04-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Seen them 3 times; Sasquatch '06 (iirc), MFNW '08 and on their own here at the Doug Fir. Good times each time.

-edit- www.nadasurf.com has an audio player of their catalog under 'media' then 'audio' (duh).

chiapet
04-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Heidi, what was the :nono for?

For him saying to you that not every band has to be Radiohead. :)

TommyboyUNM
04-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Well, he's right. If every band was as good as Radiohead then it would cheapen Radiohead. Heh.

I need Sasquatch set times before Sunday. I need to know if I can see Local Natives at Sasquatch or not. If I can, then I'll likely see Owen Pallett at Coachella.

Who is seeing Yann Tiersen with me on Sunday?

xavierfah
04-13-2010, 09:59 AM
to all of those Sasquatch fans, I found this article that says Sasquatch is much better than Coachella and Lollapalooza, check it out here http://wp.me/pL8mh-6C niceeeee!!!

orbit
04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
should i be worried about a possible pavement - massive attack conflict on sunday?

wmgaretjax
04-13-2010, 02:38 PM
nah. it'll be Pavement -> Massive Attack on the main stage. No other stage is big enough to support Pavement.

guedita
04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, they are both listed as on the Sasquatch Stage. Why were people worried?

orbit
04-13-2010, 02:42 PM
where did you see they both are in the sasquatch stage?

edit: nevermind, probably in the website? i was too lazy to search for it.

guedita
04-13-2010, 02:43 PM
....on the Sasquatch website. All the stages the bands will be on are listed if you click on Line-Up.

Ardentbiscuit
04-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Any more adds?

fikus222
04-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Any more adds?

There might be, since the Wookie stage is lopsided between Saturday and Sunday.

fikus222
04-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Sasquatch, I hope you are taking note of where Coachella's is failing...

fikus222
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
After watching the Dirty Projectors' Coachella webcast, they went from a "maybe see" to a "definite must see" for me.

MarkO
04-19-2010, 05:42 PM
We should do a group pic at The Gorge like the folks do at Coachella.

fikus222
04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
We should do a group pic at The Gorge like the folks do at Coachella.

:) Yes, we definitely should. It shouldn't be all that hard to organize, there are certainly enough of us staying at the Wildhorse Campground :)

chiapet
04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm listening to Massive Attack and trying not to dance around the airport terminal. I am ready for this.

guedita
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree about the group picture, I was hoping I'd meet more of you beforehand at Coachella.

So the Wookie Stage has been renamed the "Bigfoot Stage," and some acts have been moved around. Hopefully the schedule is coming out soon.

I guess I have a Coachella comparative question for those of you who have been to this before. Is the mean age of the crowd at Sasquatch older than that of Coachella? Also, are people more conscientious about cleaning up after themselves?

faxman75
04-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I would say Sasquatch is pretty clean overall, the grounds are a lot smaller than Coachella and there is one main eating area and then just a couple of other vendors but it's not a dirty fest at all. The age of the crowd is about the same I would say. Maybe Sasquatch is a bit younger even. I think there might be more middle age or older people at Coachella. There's a lot of tweens to early 20's and then plenty of folks between 25-35 as well. It has a great vibe IMO. You can drink all over Sasquatch so there are a few more drunks stumbling about but really it's only the young drunks who are the most annoying. All in all I have no horror stories to tell really. I did nickname this group in front of us last year "the kings of neon party douche crew" though. They were all drunk, shirtless and shoeless bros with their girlfriends but that's one group of people out of thousands and it was Gaslight Anthem or some shit so I guess it was to be expected.

chiapet
04-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Cara, Sasquatch is much cleaner than Coachella was this year, but Coachella was also mangled compared to its usual state. People do leave trash sitting about at Sasquatch, but it's not too out of control. Something that stands out to me is how clean the port-a-potties stay at Sasquatch. People clean up after themselves, and also put the seat covers down when they're done, which really cuts down on the smell.

There is free water, so much fewer people buy individual bottles of water, which really cuts down on the waste. At Coachella, especially in tents, I feel like I'm constantly in danger of tripping over water bottles when I'm dancing.

I disagree with Mark that the crowd is younger at Sasquatch, I think it's that the crowd at Sasquatch is way more consistently varied. Coachella does attract some "middle aged or older" people, but I think the average age at Sasquatch is older. You will like that aspect of the crowd. It's way more mellow, in a good way. There is a percentage of the crowd there to be seen rather than just there for music, but it's far far less prevalent than at Coachella.

The only complaint I have with the venue is the food options. It's standard stadium concert food with only a couple of options beyond the hot dogs / burgers / pizza / etc. The upside is that they let you bring in your own food, within reason.

Gribbz
04-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm even more excited for Sasquatch after seeing some of the cross-over acts at Coachella.

chiapet
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Me too! I started listening to Massive Attack in the airport terminal yesterday and couldn't stop from dancing around. Can't wait.

Are we almost ready to start talking about who's flying in when and car pooling and whether we've got enough camping passes? I know a few folks are anxious to make sure they have a spot.

fikus222
04-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't think that it is too early Heidi, should we start another thread like last year?

sin213
04-20-2010, 05:47 PM
massive attack is also making its way back into my rotation. sasquatch countdown can officially begin! :D

chiapet
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't think that it is too early Heidi, should we start another thread like last year?

Sure.... if we're not using this thread :)

HandBanana
04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
We are buying are air tix tonite.
And trying to sort out hotel, which puts us 45 miles away. Gah.

The Gorge must be pretty beautiful for them to build an amphitheater 500 miles from nowhere.

chiapet
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Be forewarned that the traffic is apparently pretty bad getting to the venue in the mornings.

HandBanana
04-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Oooof. I hope that doesnt hamper my Posiesing

faxman75
04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I forget, why can't you camp HB?

HandBanana
04-20-2010, 06:39 PM
My girl is a tad bit too posh.
I'm trying to open her up to it, but after rolling thru the car camp site a few times last weekend, she seems less up for it than ever. Lol.

faxman75
04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
I understand.

boarderwoozel3
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm even more excited for Sasquatch after seeing some of the cross-over acts at Coachella.

LCD Soundsystem. F.T.W.

And they'll likely be playing longer too.

guedita
04-20-2010, 06:50 PM
HandBanana you are coming to this, too? Awesome.

I say let the planning beginning.

Gribbz
04-20-2010, 06:51 PM
LCD Soundsystem. F.T.W.

And they'll likely be playing longer too.

YES. Also, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Loved their Coachella set. I unfortunately missed Dirty Projectors.

HandBanana
04-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Ill also be seeing you at Twelves. :)
Just bought our tix today.

fikus222
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
In order to keep a list of boardie attendees updated and unburied I started a boardie meet-up/camping thread.

Official Sasquatch Boardie Meet-Up and Camping Thread: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1712830&posted=1#post1712830

fikus222
04-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Here's a brief article about the Gorge's new upgrades:

http://qvpr.com/static/photologue/photos/2010/Apr/08/cache/gorgeroof1_full.jpg

• Work is under way to replace the stage and rigging system at The Gorge Amphitheatre.

“The old stage has been a recognizable part of the unique backdrop at The Gorge for many years,” said Danny Wilde, senior vice president for Live Nation Venues in the Pacific Northwest. “But the needs of the modern touring production have outgrown the old guy, so it is time to replace it with a new system that will ensure Live Nation is able to continue to bring the biggest and the best touring artists in the world to this unbelievable location.”

The project also includes improvements to backstage facilities and the first phase of a lengthy plan to overhaul the front of house.

“We owe it to the fans and artists alike to update and improve and keep The Gorge at the top of the list of outdoor venues,” Wilde said.

The project to remove the old system and assemble the new one is being spearheaded by Mountain Productions, which will be providing its SuperMega Truss system, widely considered to be one of the premier touring stage systems in North America.

“The Gorge is one of the top venues in the nation and Mountain Productions is thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of such a project,” said Jim Evans, president and general manager for Mountain Productions.

http://qvpr.com/articles/gorge-season-starts-memorial-day-weekend

fikus222
04-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Am I the last to realize that Simian Mobile Disco's set will be a DJ set?

Granted, I'm all for something new and I've heard good things about their DJ sets, but it's still kinda lame.

faxman75
04-21-2010, 08:42 AM
As a passive fan of electronic music, I don't get DJ sets. I want to hear the songs you record with a new live spin, I don't care what ultra rare tracks you have been digging and want to share with the fans. Ultimately I get it, it's about the DJ making you dance but what's the point of a known act spinning if they aren't spinning their known shit?