PDA

View Full Version : The Sasquatch 2010 thread.... Official

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

righteousdnk
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I just think since technically they are in the middle of nowhere and everyone is camping the dance tent can go to at least 2 or 4. Who's going to complain?

When i went to Bonnaroo "Sasha and Digweed" went to sun up.

It'd be nice if they did that, but I don't know if they will. Last year I watched all of the acts headlining in the tent until the end and was still able to walk to the main stage and see a few songs get played by those headliners. It'd be really sweet if they went until 4am but knowing how the campground is, I'm sure you could find something going on until 4am.

Ardentbiscuit
12-04-2009, 07:44 PM
There was definitely something always going on in the campgrounds.

fikus222
12-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Sheesh, talk about a name with a short shelf life.

Ardentbiscuit
12-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Bobert is a girl?

The name Bobert freaks me out like Billiam.

Ardentbiscuit
12-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Sorry to say it but I still don't believe that they named Rumpus Room after where the wild things are.

Or Cats as one person on the Sasquatch site suggested.

I just think they meant a basic Rumpus Room. Because that's the one everyone knows.

Who would realistically make the connection from one line from a kids book that had nothing to do with the actual creatures. It really makes no sense.

Or the Rumpus Cat..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumpus_Cat

I think they just mean a Rumpus Room like the one every suburban douche bag has.

They would have been better off to keep the name comedy dance tent or maybe generic entertainment area.

It's silly to call it The Rumpus Room especially when it's a tent.

So it's the Rumpus room Tent.

Monklish
12-05-2009, 08:03 AM
I feel your pain Ardent, I think you should have won as well. It's funny how confident I was with my submission until you told me yours. Either way, based on last years dance talent, I don't think I have anything to worry about in regards to going to that tent.

Seriously? You thought that the fucking ewok stage would win? Even Star Wars fans hate ewoks. Why would you think that a suggestion (a) abhorrently obvious and (b) completely detestable would win?

Monklish
12-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Sorry to say it but I still don't believe that they named Rumpus Room after where the wild things are.

Or Cats as one person on the Sasquatch site suggested.

I just think they meant a basic Rumpus Room. Because that's the one everyone knows.

Who would realistically make the connection from one line from a kids book that had nothing to do with the actual creatures. It really makes no sense.

Or the Rumpus Cat..

I think they just mean a Rumpus Room like the one every suburban douche bag has.

They would have been better off to keep the name comedy dance tent or maybe generic entertainment area.

It's silly to call it The Rumpus Room especially when it's a tent.

So it's the Rumpus room Tent.

Considering that in the email there's a line about "let the wild rumpus start!" which apparently mimics the exact wording on a page from Where The Wild Things Are, I think you're being a moron.

invisiblerobots
12-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Seriously? You thought that the fucking ewok stage would win? Even Star Wars fans hate ewoks. Why would you think that a suggestion (a) abhorrently obvious and (b) completely detestable would win?

of that it's somebody else's branded intellectual property?

Ardentbiscuit
12-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Considering that in the email there's a line about "let the wild rumpus start!" which apparently mimics the exact wording on a page from Where The Wild Things Are, I think you're being a moron.

I can think the name sucks if I want.

I get the connection to the wild things.

i just think it sucks.

I'm just giving my complaints why I think it doesn't work.

Most people will think of a Rumpus Room not the Wild Things.

Even though they did use the line in the email, most people won't get it.

I'm just giving a thought process above of what most people's initial reaction will be when they see that name.

I know why they named it that because you guys told me.

Honestly I haven't read that book since I was really young and didn't remember that line.

Nor did I see the recent movie.

Trust me, the name sucks.

Ardentbiscuit
12-05-2009, 09:41 AM
of that it's somebody else's branded intellectual property?

They already use Wookie, isn't that an owned property?

Plus isn't "Where the Wild things are" an intellectual property?

They're quoting a line from the book and they will probably have to have a picture on the tent so people will get it.

Monklish
12-05-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure they don't really give a shit. I'm also pretty sure that less than 10 percent of America would ever identify a "rumpus room" the way that you are. Most people haven't even heard the term.

Ardentbiscuit
12-05-2009, 10:39 AM
I think more people know a regular Rumpus Room than a quote from where the wild things are.

But alas, you are right, they don't give a shit.

I'll be quiet.

invisiblerobots
12-05-2009, 11:18 AM
They already use Wookie, isn't that an owned property?

Wookiee would be an owned property, I would think. I noticed that Sasquatch left off the last e, but whether this was intentional or not I can't be certain.

fikus222
12-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Last year I saw this flash by on the Wookie stage's screen (I don't know how I'd never seen it before):

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/_leia20and20chewbacca.jpg

rage patton
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Of course the Rumpus Room is named after Where The Wild Things Are.

righteousdnk
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Last year I saw this flash by on the Wookie stage's screen (I don't know how I'd never seen it before):

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/_leia20and20chewbacca.jpg

When I was tripping on Monday night I saw that get flashed up on the screen and I had to look up the picture again when I got home because I couldn't figure out if there was a face in his mouth or if it was the lsd.

faxman75
12-05-2009, 05:29 PM

Yeah, I didn't analyze it as much as you. I wasn't thinking about what star wars fans would like. I kinda went with the first idea I thought of and I thought it might work.

WhyTheLongFace
12-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I submitted two, the first was Wendigo.

The Wendigo is part of the traditional belief systems of various Algonquian-speaking tribes in the northern United States and Canada,

And I submitted one other...

Pakuni, which is the name of the creatures that Cha-Ka is in Land of the Lost.

I thought mine were pretty good.

No offense but these suck

Ardentbiscuit
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
No offense but these suck

So? I never said mine were good.

I just think the one that won is terrible.

WhyTheLongFace
12-06-2009, 02:30 AM
I thought mine were pretty good.

So? I never said mine were good.

http://i49.tinypic.com/x5a3ah.gif

Mau5 Boyz
12-06-2009, 07:12 AM
What's this?

Monklish
12-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I didn't analyze it as much as you. I wasn't thinking about what star wars fans would like. I kinda went with the first idea I thought of and I thought it might work.

If you thought you'd guess what Star Wars fans like and ended up with Ewoks then you didn't analyze it at all.

Ardentbiscuit
12-06-2009, 07:16 AM
To Why The Long Face:

You just stirred up my ire by bagging on my choices. I was done talking about the names and you brought it up again.

To Bobert

Sorry for ranting so much and congratulations on the win!

To Everyone else

Sorry for being such a whiny ass about the name they picked for the tent. I'm over it.

I just want to talk about the festival.

Monklish
12-06-2009, 07:19 AM
... I'd like to continue talking about how much your names suck.

Ardentbiscuit
12-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Thanks Monklish...

:pulse

I hate to keep talking about but this..

Do Star Wars fans like Ewoks?

faxman75
12-06-2009, 08:25 AM
If you thought you'd guess what Star Wars fans like and ended up with Ewoks then you didn't analyze it at all.

Why are Star Wars fans so important to you? Fuck Star Wars fans.

Monklish
12-06-2009, 08:30 AM
HEY, FUCK YOU, BUDDY.

tammsters
12-06-2009, 09:01 AM
speaking of Star Wars, anyone else see this car in the parking lot at Sasquatch '08?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/tammster28/swcar.jpg

Ardentbiscuit
12-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Here are some random comments people posted on the Sasquatch board about the new name..

Mostly just confusion and dislike..

8 Comments on “The Rumpus Room!”

Braden says:
December 4, 2009 at 2:27 pm

kinda disappointed with the name… it doesnt have anything to do with mythical creatures… sorry but its lame.

Stella Mae says:
December 4, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Feeling’s mutual…

Braden says:
December 4, 2009 at 3:26 pm

im thinking everyone will be mutual with my previous comment. GAH!!! RUMPUS!! WHY!? lol

Lucas says:
December 4, 2009 at 3:55 pm

It is a mythical creature:

but I still like calling it the dance tent.

marakesh says:
December 4, 2009 at 4:17 pm

bring massive attack to sasquatch!

Eyeball says:
December 4, 2009 at 5:00 pm

yeah, sorry kids. that is a truly terrible name.

Braden says:
December 4, 2009 at 10:05 pm

@Lucas … rumpus cat room should be the name then… even then rumpus cat is a fictional character in a book… not a mythical creature.

nbragg86 says:
December 5, 2009 at 3:19 am

please please bring back sun kil moon!!!

Here are some responses from Facebook...

A few like it, mostly disapproval.

SASQUATCH! Music Festival sends congratulations to Tifni Richards for winning the Name That Tent contest - the Tent Formerly Known As Dance/Comedy is now...The Rumpus Room! Can't wait for the rumpus to start...

Chris Seto

R.I.P. Furry Footprint
Fri at 10:32am Report

Dave RANDALL

Sounds like the kids' tent to me. BUUUUST
Fri at 10:35am Report

Chance Rey

EWOK tent was sweeter.
Fri at 10:50am Report

Kacey Lucas

i like the name rumpus room. good job Tifni!
Fri at 10:57am Report

Zac Brower

GO DUCKS!!!!!
Fri at 11:03am Report

Butch Enterline

Lets name the pond next.
Fri at 11:09am Report

Scott Glenn

it was all about Harry Henderson's Hut
Fri at 11:40am Report

Mitch Johnson

Now everyone can feel apart of an unoriginal adolescent Program
Fri at 12:10pm Report

Ashley Henderson

yeah that name is super lame and unoriginal for sure
Fri at 12:30pm Report

Kinzie Fraser

true that....no bueno
Fri at 12:56pm Report

Clayton Krueger

I just hope there is more rumpus electric dance artists lined up for the tent this year. . . bring the beats!
Fri at 1:19pm Report

Shella Johnson

I like it!
Fri at 3:12pm Report

Braden Paul

what a crap name... i thought we were following a mythical creatures theme...?... rumpus room is lame... it better offer a lot in spite of its name.
Fri at 10:13pm Report

Alice Lopez

I picked ewok tent, probably the same name as a hundred other people. but it just means it fits and made sence. rumpus room should be the name of a relax room not a tent. :(
Yesterday at 12:23am Comment LikeUnlike Report

Braden Paul

RE-NAME THE TENT AGAIN!!! im so upset with the name... not because its not the name i chose but because its super lame!
Fri at 10:17pm Comment LikeUnlike Report
Write a comment...

Braden Paul

Rumpus Room = Ultimate Fail.
Fri at 10:13pm Comment LikeUnlike Report

Ardentbiscuit
12-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Is Faith No More really rumored?

That's what people are writing on Facebook.

rage patton
12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
If Faith No More are at Sasquatch, so am I.

fikus222
12-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind FNM. I've only seen Peeping Tom and I don't really plan on seeking out one of FNMs solo shows, so if FNM was at Sasquatch, I'd more than likely check out their set.

Sleepingrock
12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Shambhala already has an ewok themed place

MarkO
12-06-2009, 04:54 PM

I'd skip Coachella for FNM @ Sasquatch.

sin213
12-07-2009, 09:10 AM

i have a feeling they will be at both...which is why i've already got my sasquatch ticket and will be doing coachella as well. also have my fingers crossed for pixies at one or both...

bobert
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Bobert is a girl?

No, I am not Tifni Richards, winner of the "name that dance tent" contest.

To Bobert

Sorry for ranting so much and congratulations on the win!

See above.

rage patton
12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Im not counting on this FNM at Sasquatch business... but if it does happen, I will definitely attend that day. I will probably be too poor to attend the others. Then again if this goes down...

Saturday: Iggy & The Stooges->Pearl Jam
Sunday: Faith No More -> Pearl Jam
Monday: Pavement -> Pixies

Then there is no doubt I will be in attendance all 3 days. No matter how poor I am.

sin213
12-07-2009, 11:43 AM
that would be an amazing fest lineup you have mapped out rage. i'd be sooo glad i was there...

but i'm pretty confident that FNM will be at many of the fests...that was what they were doing in Europe, among other shows...but fests were their main target. i can't see them passing up coach, sasquatch, lolla, roo, apw, acl, osl, etc...

Ardentbiscuit
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
So they just officially confirmed Pavement on the Sasquatch site.

faxman75
12-07-2009, 12:10 PM
They were already officially confirmed by Sasquatch elsewhere. That site is pretty useless.

Those Pavement reunion dates just keep on rolling in.

As things stand as of this minute, the first reunion show that the indie rock big dogs will play on American soil will be at the Sasquatch! Festival, which will come to the Gorge Amphitheatre in Quincy, Washington May 29-31, aka Memorial Day weekend.

At the moment, Pavement is the only band that the Sasquatch! organizers have announced; the full lineup is coming February 16. And no, we don't know which night they'll play. Maybe they'll headline all three!

Posted by Tom Breihan on November 7, 2009 at 2 a.m.

Ardentbiscuit
12-07-2009, 12:10 PM
It's just nice to see it on the main site!

know ID ya
12-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I scratched my head at the name announcement. I didn't know what it meant before reading the last couple pages of this thread.

My submission, if anyone cares, was the Teen Wolf tent. He is a mythical beast, the movie was a comedy, and dude can dance (based on one of the closing scenes from the first flick). I do agree referring to it as the Teen Wolf Tent would be a bit odd though.

magmazing
12-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I submitted "Curious Gorge" Tent. A venue spin on the Curious George monkey from those childrens books.

rage patton
12-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Im starting to get the feeling Pavement will not be at Coachella this year.

Ardentbiscuit
12-09-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm getting that feeling too.

I have no proof, just a feeling.

suprefan
12-09-2009, 07:46 AM

Cause it looks like they are everywhere else so it doesnt feel so exclusive now?

smokealotapotamus
12-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Black moth super rainbow is playing portland the day after the festival, possible addition? It would be nice to see them again this year (perhaps later in the day than last years 1 o'clock show)

righteousdnk
12-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Black moth super rainbow is playing portland the day after the festival, possible addition? It would be nice to see them again this year (perhaps later in the day than last years 1 o'clock show)

Yeah, that's mainly why I missed them. I saw them one time open up for Aesop Rock and it was awesome. I bet they can pull it off at a festival, but seeing them in some small, dark, crowded venue is best.

liquidsnake28
12-10-2009, 10:14 AM

Of course they'll be there. Every band there doesn't have to be rare. Pavement fits the Coachella mold better than any other band I can think of touring next year.

fikus222
12-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Sorry, but BMSR played Portland on May 26th of 2009.

http://www.blackmothsuperrainbow.com/shows.htm

I was able to see their whole Sasquatch set and it was pretty great. I also checked out Tobacco's set in the dance tent, also very cool.

summerkid
12-10-2009, 11:21 AM

I have no problem with this. I do not like the way Pavement has gone about this reunion and the fact that they seem like they are going to play everywhere next year including every other festival is taking some of the specialness out of it. I think at this point Coachella would be better off to reunite another important band that would be a more left field choice like The Replacements, Talk Talk maybe even try for the cocteau twins again. I think that's maybe why we saw an offer out to Spacemen 3.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-10-2009, 04:11 PM

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I have no problem with this. I do not like the way Pavement has gone about this reunion and the fact that they seem like they are going to play everywhere next year including every other festival is taking some of the specialness out of it. I think at this point Coachella would be better off to reunite another important band that would be a more left field choice like The Replacements, Talk Talk, Scott Walker maybe even try for the cocteau twins again. I think that's maybe why we saw an offer out to Spacemen 3.

fixed.

Boourns
12-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I have no problem with this. I do not like the way Pavement has gone about this reunion and the fact that they seem like they are going to play everywhere next year including every other festival is taking some of the specialness out of it. I think at this point Coachella would be better off to reunite another important band that would be a more left field choice like Pulp, Neutral Milk Hotel, Lush, maybe even try for the cocteau twins again. I think that's maybe why we saw an offer out to Spacemen 3.

Fixed. And yeah, the Pavement reunion situation is perplexing.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
So a reunion band should only play a a few special shows and not give all fans the opportunity to see them?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-10-2009, 05:02 PM
So a reunion band should only play a a few special shows and not give all fans the opportunity to see them?

its not that. I believe Pavement is just getting the most bang for their buck and so is GV. Why should GV pay them top dollar, if they are going to play everywhere? I can see it from both sides but more so from GV.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I didn't know the discussion had to do with what they were being paid. I'll let you pretend to know what "top dollar" is and what they are getting paid to play at each gig. I don't even know what "both sides" you are talking about. I just don't see anything wrong with a reunion act touring the country. Otherwise it's not really a reunion but more of a one off or just a couple shows thing.

If you're going to reunite you are going to want everyone to know you are back and give everyone a chance to see you and pay you.

summerkid
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I dont like it when headliners play other festivals the same year they play Coachella either. Coachella should stand out from every other festival and if pavement is playing every other festival than I'd rather Coachella try to reunite some other band.

Boourns
12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
The issue isn't whether pavement should be there, but will they. Sure, a reunion that is not so rare can play coachella, but if speculation and rumors are true, there mght be an issue of pavement wanting a lot of money, more than some (gv?) want to pay for a non-exclusive reunion that everyone has known about for months. I think it is all pointless because I am sure they will be here. And imagine the backlash if they don't.

sin213
12-10-2009, 05:48 PM
well, technically, everyone else is just copying coachella anyways, considering they are the first big one in the US.

summerkid
12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
The issue isn't whether pavement should be there, but will they. Sure, a reunion that is not so rare can play coachella, but if speculation and rumors are true, there mght be an issue of pavement wanting a lot of money, more than some (gv?) want to pay for a non-exclusive reunion that everyone has known about for months. I think it is all pointless because I am sure they will be here. And imagine the backlash if they don't.

I really don't think there will be a backlash if they are able to get another big reunion.

Sushov23
12-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I dont like it when headliners play other festivals the same year they play Coachella either. Coachella should stand out from every other festival and if pavement is playing every other festival than I'd rather Coachella try to reunite some other band.

so let me get this straight, you don't want a highly acclaimed band to play Coachella because of over saturation? Are you out of your mind man, and this goes for everyone complaining they are playing everywhere. That just shows me you guys don't even care for the band. If you really loved the band you would take them in any form, who cares how exclusive it is. It's this reason Coachella gets shit every year when the lineup first comes out. People set their expections too high. Coachella isn't going to worry about your expectations. They will give you the best lineup pound for pound out of any festival in the U.S. and if that is for some reason not enough, then don't attend.

suprefan
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I think the biggest strength Coachella has is the undercard and Sahara acts, because there isnt another festival in the country (that isnt genre specific) that has such variety in that part of the acts they book. And 2008 is proof that everyone had slim pickings on headliners, so everyone looked the same, but when it got to the nitty gritty some festivals had amazing talent, while the top lines are all they had and used it to hide the lackluster support beneath it. so big whoop Pavement decided to go for the money, let them play everywhere, they still havent shown where they will play first in the u.s., and whats more special than the first show as it is? If its the polo fields, you wouldnt feel good about that?

sin213
12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
yeah, i've learned that headliners are no big deal really. the undercard at coachella is stellar and sahara is tons of fun all day long.

i know i would buy tix without needing to know the lineup...

Sushov23
12-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I think the biggest strength Coachella has is the undercard and Sahara acts, because there isnt another festival in the country (that isnt genre specific) that has such variety in that part of the acts they book. And 2008 is proof that everyone had slim pickings on headliners, so everyone looked the same, but when it got to the nitty gritty some festivals had amazing talent, while the top lines are all they had and used it to hide the lackluster support beneath it. so big whoop Pavement decided to go for the money, let them play everywhere, they still havent shown where they will play first in the u.s., and whats more special than the first show as it is? If its the polo fields, you wouldnt feel good about that?

this is so true, although the only thing I would say is Lolla had a comparable lineup to Coachella in 2008. Also, not just because of Radiohead, NIN, and Rage, but I get what you are saying. In 08 The Verve, Portishead played, in 09 Paul MC, Leonard Cohen, MBV all played. That isn't mentioning the top to bottom lineup they offer. there is no down time at Coachella ever. There is always something to do.

suprefan
12-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Yep, when I even decided to go to Lolla in 08 and looked at the schedule there was a bit of downtime and that kind of sucks. also, stages being so far apart made it a bad idea to even try to catch half a set due to time lost in walking 10 - 15 mins.

summerkid
12-10-2009, 06:16 PM
so let me get this straight, you don't want a highly acclaimed band to play Coachella because of over saturation? Are you out of your mind man, and this goes for everyone complaining they are playing everywhere. That just shows me you guys don't even care for the band. If you really loved the band you would take them in any form, who cares how exclusive it is. It's this reason Coachella gets shit every year when the lineup first comes out. People set their expections too high. Coachella isn't going to worry about your expectations. They will give you the best lineup pound for pound out of any festival in the U.S. and if that is for some reason not enough, then don't attend.

Im' just saying if you can choose between bringing the replacements who aren't playing any other festivals this year or pavement I'll take the replacements every time.

liquidsnake28
12-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Well no shit. That's because The Replacements were a much better band. That has nothing to do with exclusivity.

Sushov23
12-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Im' just saying if you can choose between bringing the replacements who aren't playing any other festivals this year or pavement I'll take the replacements every time.

because GV can just tell the replacements, you guys better play our festival or else right? Would you like the replacements over pavement, because you like their music more? or because they are more rare?

summerkid
12-10-2009, 06:27 PM
because GV can just tell the replacements, you guys better play our festival or else right? Would you like the replacements over pavement, because you like their music more? or because they are more rare?

well i like the replacements more, but i'm just using it as an example. Like I said IF GV can get another band (that's just as good or better than) pavement to reunite I rather them get that band because Pavement seems to be playing every festival this year.

Sushov23
12-10-2009, 06:31 PM
who cares if Pavement is playing at a lot of festivals? That is the point people are trying to make here. A great band is a great band. Why not take the opportunity to see them as many times as possible?

summerkid
12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
one of the reasons why i go to coachella over other festivals is because of the fact that Coachella has those rare acts that you couldn't see anywhere else or in a festival setting thats what sets coachella apart from the rest.

fikus222
12-11-2009, 01:43 AM
one of the reasons why i go to coachella over other festivals is because of the fact that Coachella has those rare acts that you couldn't see anywhere else or in a festival setting thats what sets coachella apart from the rest.

The reason why I go to festivals is to see multiple acts that I truly want to see and to a lesser extent be exposed to bands that I wouldn't otherwise.

send me ctrpllrs
12-11-2009, 02:06 AM
wtf mate?> where the fuck is that damn bugger

and i love fat penis in my mouth heheeh

sin213
12-11-2009, 08:43 AM
The reason why I go to festivals is to see multiple acts that I truly want to see and to a lesser extent be exposed to bands that I wouldn't otherwise.

THIS + the awesome festival atmosphere that well-run festivals create such as at coach or roo.

rage patton
12-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Sasquatch has claimed this Pavement show will be their first show on US soil. This coupled with the rumours that Pavement want more money than Goldenvoice are willing to give them makes me believe they wont be there.

Beyond that, what is Pavement isn't planning their North American tour until after Sasquatch? Maybe they believe the money GV is offering them just isn't enough to justify one show out in the desert, and then not playing anymore shows in NA until May/June, after Sasquatch.

At this point, I am really doubting Pavement will be at Coachella... but I wouldn't be surprised if they wound up on the poster.

bobert
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Have any of you considered that perhaps Pavement wants Sasquatch to be their U.S. debut and not Coachella, and that money may not have anything to do with it? Malkmus lives in Portland, and Sasquatch is a Northwest festival with a completely different vibe than Coachella. Perhaps they think that their set will be better received at Sasquatch, and it probably will. Just a thought.

wmgaretjax
12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Sasquatch is more their style too... Malkmus played there in both 06 and 08.

know ID ya
12-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Most overrated internet opinion taken as fact: Pavement is playing every festival next year.

righteousdnk
12-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Have any of you considered that perhaps Pavement wants Sasquatch to be their U.S. debut and not Coachella, and that money may not have anything to do with it? Malkmus lives in Portland, and Sasquatch is a Northwest festival with a completely different vibe than Coachella. Perhaps they think that their set will be better received at Sasquatch, and it probably will. Just a thought.

That makes sense, but I don't think Sasquatch is filled with same indie crowd it once was. Last year seemed like one gigantic party with live music. The entire time I was there all I could hear people talk about was how awesome Chromeo's dj set was gonna be or how awesome Girl Talk is gonna be. Maybe Pavement making this their U.S. debut would change that a little bit, but I don't really see it having that much of an impact.

mikeymikemikey
12-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Pavement/Pixies/Faith No More would be fine with me. And tickets are $170 before new years. Last year was a blast! ^ monday really was a gigantic party with live music. Gogol Bordello/Monotonix/Girl Talk.. thats a party at the Gorge.

fikus222
12-13-2009, 01:44 AM
I just now purchased tickets and premier camping, so count Erika and I in for this year :D I sure hope the dance tent doesn't let us down ;)

I am trying for a festival trifecta this summer summer; Sasquatch, APW and Lolla. There's a good chance that it'll happen, but I am a cynic so here's hoping for at least a duet.

faxman75
12-13-2009, 02:59 AM
I purchased camping today for Wild Horse.

rage patton
12-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Eric! You're skipping Coachella AGAIN!? Wtf mate?

wmgaretjax
12-13-2009, 10:25 AM
That makes sense, but I don't think Sasquatch is filled with same indie crowd it once was. Last year seemed like one gigantic party with live music. The entire time I was there all I could hear people talk about was how awesome Chromeo's dj set was gonna be or how awesome Girl Talk is gonna be. Maybe Pavement making this their U.S. debut would change that a little bit, but I don't really see it having that much of an impact.

Sasquatch has always been like that. It's super homegrown. People go every year regardless of who's playing. There is a pretty heavy college crowd and always has been. It was kinda founded on them, not the indie scene. I mean... The first year was Jack Johnson and Ben Harper et all...

Ardentbiscuit
12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
I just now purchased tickets and premier camping, so count Erika and I in for this year :D I sure hope the dance tent doesn't let us down ;)

I am trying for a festival trifecta this summer summer; Sasquatch, APW and Lolla. There's a good chance that it'll happen, but I am a cynic so here's hoping for at least a duet.

Premier Camping is already on sale?

fikus222
12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Eric! You're skipping Coachella AGAIN!? Wtf mate?

Coachella just doesn't work with our school schedules. Also, the only Coachella set I really miss not having seen is Portishead, otherwise Coachella sounds awesome, but just not something I would sacrifice too much for. Like a trip to NYC and Chicago for instance, both of which are places that Erika has never been to.

Edit:

Premier Camping is already on sale?

Yup, at $170

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F0043517F411DE3?artistid=807081&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=211

Ardentbiscuit
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Oh man I got to get planning on this to see if I can make it work!

sbessiso
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm very much considering Sasquatch this year. It's going to either be Coachella or this, so im going to wait on the lineup

sin213
12-13-2009, 09:51 PM
um....coachella. do sasquatch only if you can do both.

suprefan
12-29-2009, 08:47 AM
No pixies...

know ID ya
01-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Yesterday ended the cheap tickets. I checked ticketmaster, and the Sasquatch tickets are currently not on sale. I wonder how much they will increase the price?

EDIT: Oops, turns out the cheap tickets has been extended to February, according to the main Sasquatch site. I guess ticket sales are not going as good as they thought.

fikus222
01-02-2010, 07:45 PM
My tickets came in the mail, yay.

Edit

Also:

December 30th, 2009
Discounted 3 Day Pass Availability Extended

Yep - that’s right - you can now grab discounted 3 day passes to Sasquatch! 2010 all the way up to February 16th! Then the complete line up will be announced, and we’ll all wish it would hurry up and be Memorial Day Weekend already.

Get your 3 Day Festival Pass for 2010 NOW!

http://www.sasquatchfestival.com/#/tickets

paulthomasanderson
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
No pixies...

They'll hopefully get stuck with Soundgarden instead of Coachella.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-02-2010, 09:01 PM
No pixies...

says who?

karma_guy
01-03-2010, 12:06 AM
is it just me or was premier camping cheaper last yr?

chiapet
01-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Not really -- it was $160 I think (normal was $100). Premier might have been worth it just to avoid getting parked waaaaaay over the hill, but otherwise there were no real amenities. 2 shower stalls in each of 2 locations which were working/open very little of the weekend, with long lines, running out of water for sinks such that you couldn't even brush your teeth.

Wild Horse was so much nicer and is much cheaper. Definitely the way to go if you don't mind taking the shuttle and don't mind being removed from the 24 hour party.

venturas90sgirl
01-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy Wild Horse as well. I don't mind being removed from the party since there's Coachella to experience that. And I'd feel more comfortable with familiar faces around.

faxman75
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Awesome. We can arrange it so we all get to the airport and stuff around the same time and follow each other to the campsite as well Holly. We'll be able to camp next to each too.

chiapet
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm probably not going this year, but if I change my mind, I might hit one of you up for carpooling. Wild Horse is definitely the way to go. When the venue campgrounds were out of running water last year I kept thinking I wished we'd gone to wild horse :)

sin213
01-04-2010, 05:37 PM
you're out this year?? :(

<--------------- sad panda

venturas90sgirl
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Sweet. My bff lives in Vancouver so I was gonna take vacation and visit her before the festival but because of the airport arrangements I may just do it afterward depending on the carpooling situation. Then again I may hold on to may vacation time. Y'all are making me want to go to Glastonbury now. Decisions decisions!

chiapet
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I think so. I'm considering giving Lightning in a Bottle a try (waiting to see what the lineup looks like), or I may just do nothing... since... the Glasto adventure starts a couple of weeks after.

Now if Sasquatch's lineup is insane, .... :nono

sin213
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
yeah, i understand. i wouldn't be doing sasquatch either if i was doing glasto. that's gonna be amazing and horrible all at the same time. lol

chiapet
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
I hope more amazing and less horrible. :) I'd love to do both but it's a lot of traveling and $$.

sin213
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
yeah, glasto is a bit intimidating. the actual lineup, stages and festival set up sound great. now once they list the attendance numbers, weather and size of the festival grounds...

chiapet
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
pssssh, what's 900 acres and 150,000 people? :) That's not even 2x bonnaroo. :)

I'm trying not to focus on that sort of trivia. Hopefully our 'roo luck will be coming with us to England and we'll score a very convenient camping spot and won't be hiking hundreds of acres every day.

sin213
01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
i hope so too! :D

bobert
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Precisely, a crowd that is so open-minded and nonjudgmental that even Chromeo's awful set in the much-too-small and terribly designed dance-tent is met with eager anticipation (I blame all the Canadians.) But in all seriousness, Pavement fans will be out in force and whoever is on the main stage in the evening is guaranteed the rapt attention of at least half the people at the Gorge and everyone within earshot will soak that shit up like a sponge. It's Pavement for fuck's sake.

chiapet
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
The excitement for Chromeo, I think was in part just due to the fact that there was a DANCE TENT AT ALL. :) That there's a dance tent -might- just get me to Sasquatch again. It's a nice change from 3 days otherwise spent listening to remarkably similar indie and alt rock.

faxman75
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
you're going to have a blast at Glasto,. I'm still leaning towards Rock en Seine and possibly squeezing in End of the Road festival. We should talk soon Jason if you can pull something like this off. It's late August so that gives a bit of time but I might get crazy and pull the trigger on a ticket to something soon.

MarkO
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
chiapet, tell me more about Wildhorse camping. What you liked, what you didn't.

chiapet
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Wild Horse is a more structured than Sasquatch's camping, and they do enforce quiet at night. You're not going to be able to have music blasting while you cheer your friends on doing keg stands, whereas the sasquatch campgrounds could feel like a frat party. There were people up late talking, but reasonably quietly. So if you were looking to be able to play music all night and such, it's not the right place.

So with that established, what was good about Wild Horse: the aforementioned kitchen where they cook up good food at reasonable prices, you can even get dessert at night. Not only are you allowed in/outs with your vehicle but you can easily get back to your camping spot. So if you wanted to grab more beer or grab groceries, you can. Once you're in, you're pretty much stuck, at the sasquatch campgrounds. They have outdoor showers (walled off but open air) which were awesome -- and the lines were not as bad as at the sasquatch campgrounds. Because it was reasonably quiet, I got a really good night's sleep each night.

OH, and did I mention the grass? Holy fuck, their grass is the softest, densest most incredible grass I've ever touched. I wanted to strip down and roll around on it. It made for AWESOME sleeping. Super super soft under your tent.

Edited to add the people who run the place are really nice people, and as mentioned, there is a shuttle that takes you to/from the venue.

There is nothing I didn't like -- apparently some people missed the shuttle at the end of the night, which would really suck.

MarkO
01-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Thank you kindly.

faxman75
01-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Yeah and don't get the wrong impression. It's not like they come around telling people to shut up, it's just quieter and in general people seemed more respectful. I remember the last night people were up a little later. I also remember it being rainy one or two of the nights so that limited how much people wanted to hang out outside their tents or cars. It's just a much smaller campground with more of an adult crowd. During the mornings before going in people were grilling, painting their VW Microbus, playing frisbee and had the radio going as well. So it's far from completely dead. Just a good "reasonable volume" as milton would say.

invisiblerobots
01-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Fuck, now I'm regretting opting for Premier again this year. In 2008 Premier was super nice - set off in its own area on the right side of the entrance, with its own shower building that I never had to wait more than 15 minutes for. It was much more mellow than the mayhem of the main campground but we still had fun and also get some sleep. Last year Premier got moved over to the left and was pretty much the same as regular camp. The only real amenity I could perceive was the shuttle.
I might consider switching...

TommyboyUNM
01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
We had Premier last year, right Mark? The major advantage was being able to cut the long-ass line to get into the festival. That made our day.

MarkO
01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I always had fun at the regular campgrounds the 3 years I went but it sounds like Wild Horse is more my style. Thanks.

chiapet
01-05-2010, 10:53 AM
We had Premier last year, right Mark? The major advantage was being able to cut the long-ass line to get into the festival. That made our day.

I totally forgot about that. That was pretty brilliant. I think I recall us speculating that, if we did Sasquatch again, we'd get a Premier camping ticket, load up a carload of people and drive into the campgrounds, get bracelets, then drive right out and camp at Wild Horse. $160/4 people maybe a good enough deal to not wait in line for hours. Heh.

Sleepingrock
01-05-2010, 11:01 AM
How long is the wait for each day?

rage patton
01-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Hours? I got into Sasquatch through the regular camping entrance within half an hour each day, in both 08 and 09. Except for one day in 08, which was about 45 minutes.

TommyboyUNM
01-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Josh, we waited about 1 minute to get in. So 30-45 minutes seems like a long time to be standing there. That's almost an entire act.

rage patton
01-05-2010, 11:14 AM
In 08, my wait times were about 5-10 minutes the first two days... then 45 minutes on Monday. Then in 09, I only went Sunday and Monday. On Sunday I had no wait at all, and on Monday I waited about half an hour.

That 45 minute wait on Monday in 08 did cause me to miss Yeasayer though. However, at that time I didn't know a single Yeasayer song, so at that time it didn't really bug me at all. In retrospect...

But yes, a 1 minute wait is better than all of the above.

TommyboyUNM
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
It should be noted, though, that I'm willing to wait 30 minutes in order to stay at Wild Horse.

faxman75
01-05-2010, 11:23 AM

That did make our day the first day. I think we just went in during the rush that day as the other days we didn't see really long lines.

MarkO
01-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Rage, are you going to Sasquatch '10 ??

chiapet
01-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Josh, it was the Saturday '09 that had the massive line. We have no idea how long the wait was, because we didn't have to wait in the line. It was NOTHING like '08 though. I don't recall waiting for more than 15 minutes in '08.

venturas90sgirl
01-05-2010, 02:10 PM
I need help guys. I'm trying to buy camping for Wild Horse but cannot find it. Ticketmaster keeps sending me through a loop and the Sasquatch home page didn't say anything about it either.

invisiblerobots
01-05-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.wildhorsecampground.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=112

venturas90sgirl
01-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Thank you so much for the link. Just bought my pass! Yay now all I need is a flight and I'm Sasquatch bound.

fikus222
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I wonder if Sade will be this year's Erykah Badu?

Sade is touring the states in April and May.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/21134.html

Grant
01-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I am fucking buying tickets the minute they go on sale. That is, if she isn't at Coachella.

Gribbz
01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
I didn't know there were different camping sites. I figured they just had one big area like Coachella.

fikus222
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I found out through CoS that Sub Pop has Vetiver listed as playing Sasquatch on May 30th.

http://www.subpop.com/tours/vetiver

Hmm, they sound alright.

http://www.myspace.com/vetiverse

know ID ya
01-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Pixies are playing in Belgium Monday, May 31st after Primavera. It looks like they are officially out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 07:54 AM
wow. Maybe Pavement themselves don't know what the hells going on.

fikus222
01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Eh, I'm not in the least sorry about the Pixies, seeing them in '04 and '05 was enough for me.

TommyboyUNM
01-15-2010, 10:54 AM
wow. Maybe Pavement themselves don't know what the hells going on.

Well, they're not curating the festival. Why would they automatically have access to that kind of thing?

faxman75
01-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I think he's just being ridiculous. :)

I will say they are a harder festival to predict headliners for. I wouldn't have predicted Ben Harper, Kings of Leon and Jane's Addiction last year and on top of that I still went and loved it. I doubt it will disappoint.

I'm guessing we'll get Pavement, Faith No More and Pearl Jam.

ETA: My fear though is we get Weezer as one of the headliners.

bobert
01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm guessing we'll get Pavement, Faith No More and Pearl Jam.

ETA: My fear though is we get Weezer as one of the headliners.

That would be a pretty light headlining roster, no? Especially since NIN played last year and easily could have headlined their own night if not for being attached at the hip with the Jane's tour. Weezer would be a travesty, and also wouldn't surprise me.

know ID ya
01-15-2010, 04:10 PM
The dance tent headliner will likely be playing at the same time as the main stage headliner. If they expand the tent, which was always packed last year, they can get away with Weezer headlining a night, with a huge draw in the tent.

PJandBompton
01-15-2010, 04:31 PM
That would be a pretty light headlining roster, no? Especially since NIN played last year and easily could have headlined their own night if not for being attached at the hip with the Jane's tour. Weezer would be a travesty, and also wouldn't surprise me.

I mean...Pearl Jam at the Gorge is selling that day out...just sayin...

fikus222
01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I have no interest in seeing PJ and only a slight interst in FNM and none at all in seeing Weezer again, so here's hoping that Sasquatch pulls out some surprises. Also, I hope that Sasquatch doesn't bring in some bullsh!t common denominator dance acts.

know ID ya
01-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I have no interest in seeing PJ and only a slight interst in FNM and none at all in seeing Weezer again, so here's hoping that Sasquatch pulls out some surprises. Also, I hope that Sasquatch doesn't bring in some bullsh!t common denominator dance acts.

No interest in seeing Pearl Jam live? That's too bad, because they put on a hell of a show. I don't see how a novice music fan would shun Pearl Jam. I don't even like them, but live, wow.

MarkO
01-16-2010, 06:38 PM
PJ are too big for Sasquatch; they do 2 or 3 nights there by themselves!

rage patton
01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
What if PJ did 2 nights at Sasquatch?

Lithium
01-16-2010, 06:46 PM
i'd love to make a roadtrip to sasquatch. all the way from california. anyone been crazy enough to do this?

MarkO
01-16-2010, 06:48 PM
What if PJ did 2 nights at Sasquatch?

I don't know. I have no problem with it but I can already imagine the endless bitching from some people.

fikus222
01-16-2010, 07:48 PM
No interest in seeing Pearl Jam live? That's too bad, because they put on a hell of a show. I don't see how a novice music fan would shun Pearl Jam. I don't even like them, but live, wow.

Did you just call me a novice music fan? Funny.

As a person who graduated HS in the mid 90s, I have hated PJ since they were first on the scene. Give me Soundgarden anyday. I can't wait to see them again, twice was not enough.

However, I do acknowledge the fact that PJ are good live and I don't forsee them being there bringing about a sh!tty crowd or anything. I just don't want to see Sasquatch's budget being spent on a major headliner that I could give two sh!ts about ;)

superfiction
01-16-2010, 08:23 PM
i cant imagine that soundgarden wouldnt play this. i mean come on. home turf reunion.

faxman75
01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
FYI I have booked my flight. I was using a free flight voucher so i'm stuck with the only option they had available which was arriving at 3:40 PM on Friday. I depart 4:15PM on Tuesday June 1st.

TommyboyUNM
01-18-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't think I can get into Seattle on Friday until about 10:00.

MarkO
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM
i cant imagine that soundgarden wouldnt play this. i mean come on. home turf reunion.

True. And they would headline a night here. I don't think they would get a headlining slot at Coachella.

faxman75
01-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't think I can get into Seattle on Friday until about 10:00.

Yeah no worries. My options were Denver airport for three hour layover and arrive at 11:15PM in Seattle or a short layover in SF if I left earlier. I'm sure I will find something to do in Seattle for a few hours if need be.

sin213
01-19-2010, 11:07 AM
i'll see what time i can get there. maybe we can get the car early and head out for a bit of fun, then come back for tommy at 10p?

is joel on the same flight as you mark?

fikus222
01-19-2010, 11:43 AM

Yup, I'm hoping that SDRE is there as well, especially considering the sound tech at their Seattle show had his head up is ass and totally screwed up Jeremy's vocals.

superfiction
01-19-2010, 11:56 AM
honestly after the coachella lineup im not even going to bother with sasaquatch unless soundgarden are there

sin213
01-19-2010, 11:58 AM
i'm hoping for a lot of crossover acts so i can catch some of the ones i missed at coachella and see some of the "jaw dropping" performances again!

J~$$$$
01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
When does the line-up come out?

sin213
01-19-2010, 12:59 PM
mid feb

faxman75
01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
i'll see what time i can get there. maybe we can get the car early and head out for a bit of fun, then come back for tommy at 10p?

is joel on the same flight as you mark?

Nope. He hasn't booked yet. Joel books for cheapest price and Tommy books for convenience/work so we'll see what happens. It will all work out. I know a person or two in Seattle as well but either way we can go grab some grub or check out Seattle Center or something touristy if you do happen to get in early.

This is going to be good stuff.

faxman75
01-19-2010, 04:01 PM
honestly after the coachella lineup im not even going to bother with sasaquatch unless soundgarden are there

You live in Washington and you are going to skip this? I love this fest.

superdeluxe
01-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Sasquatch going to be Soundgarden's first show back? WOuld be nice!

know ID ya
01-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Did you just call me a novice music fan? Funny.

As a person who graduated HS in the mid 90s, I have hated PJ since they were first on the scene. Give me Soundgarden anyday. I can't wait to see them again, twice was not enough.

However, I do acknowledge the fact that PJ are good live and I don't forsee them being there bringing about a sh!tty crowd or anything. I just don't want to see Sasquatch's budget being spent on a major headliner that I could give two sh!ts about ;)

I don't know if you are a music novice. My point was that if you remove any preconceived notion about how much a band is going to suck or be great live, it makes it easier to judge the worth of a show. Any music novice would appreciate a Gogol Bordello show over a National show for example, yet some think the National are the greatest live show around, because they are super fans. Same point, any music novice would enjoy Pearl Jam live.

Your post also implied you hadn't seen Pearl Jam live, thus my response.

Cookieman908
01-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Pavement alone will ensure huge attendance this year. Just about everyone in the Pacific Northwest is apeshit over this band.

thewindowliquor
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I know a person or two in Seattle

I live in Seattle. Hit me up if you need a place to crash or a tour guide or anything.

fikus222
01-20-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't know if you are a music novice. My point was that if you remove any preconceived notion about how much a band is going to suck or be great live, it makes it easier to judge the worth of a show. Any music novice would appreciate a Gogol Bordello show over a National show for example, yet some think the National are the greatest live show around, because they are super fans. Same point, any music novice would enjoy Pearl Jam live.

Your post also implied you hadn't seen Pearl Jam live, thus my response.

In order to avoid a pointless discussion, I'm going tomove beyond and just say that Eddie Vedder's voice has always annoyed me, I don't care for PJs songs (even when they were brand new) and PJ were the pussies of the grunge era and so were their fans.

Edit:

Essentially what I'm saying is that I would liken PJs attendance to that of KoLs last year.

TommyboyUNM
01-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Essentially what I'm saying is that I would liken PJs attendance to that of KoLs last year.

This made me cringe. Take it back.

faxman75
01-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Yeah ouch. I would watch all of PJ's set. I watched zero of KOL's set.

faxman75
01-21-2010, 08:37 AM
I live in Seattle. Hit me up if you need a place to crash or a tour guide or anything.

Awesome. Are you going to Sasquatch?

superfiction
01-21-2010, 08:38 AM
You live in Washington and you are going to skip this? I love this fest.

i usually only make it to one day a year anyway. its fun but after coachella not essential

TommyboyUNM
01-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah ouch. I would watch all of PJ's set. I watched zero of KOL's set.

We were there for 2 songs and left, Fax. But, yeah, Kings of Leon isn't even in the same league as Pearl Jam live.

faxman75
01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
We were there for 2 songs and left, Fax. But, yeah, Kings of Leon isn't even in the same league as Pearl Jam live.

WE? I have no recollection of them even hitting the stage. I'm not saying it's impossible but I simply don't recall standing there and watching songs.

TommyboyUNM
01-21-2010, 09:00 AM
We may have been talking during those songs, but they were on stage. I remember this because we walked from the grass area at the main stage to Crystal Castles, became disgusted, and left to the campground.

faxman75
01-21-2010, 09:08 AM
We may have been talking during those songs, but they were on stage. I remember this because we walked from the grass area at the main stage to Crystal Castles, became disgusted, and left to the campground.

I remember walking past Crystal Castles. Yea KOL were either that forgettable or I was distracted. I know it would not be the same for PJ.

sin213
01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
they are that forgettable...

venturas90sgirl
01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
i'd love to make a roadtrip to sasquatch. all the way from california. anyone been crazy enough to do this?

I'm actually considering this instead of flying. My best friend lives in Vancouver and I'll probably visit her before the festival and maybe make a road trip to Seattle. I'm taking 11 days off from work around the festival so I'm thinking I'll just drive.

I'm really excited for this one especially with Coachella's eclectic lineup it should be an awesome complimentary experience. And it will be fun to see everyone again.

faxman75
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I would love to drive up the coast some day. Sounds like a beautiful plan, Holly.

bobert
01-21-2010, 12:42 PM
So, I'm not going to Coachella this year so Sasquatch is kind of the main event for me this year. In years past, a good majority of the Sasquatch lineup was spillover from that year's Coachella. After looking at the 2010 Coachella lineup, any guesses on which artists will be on both bills? Here, I'll start: I bet Pavement will play both shows.

faxman75
01-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I think Faith No More, MGMT, The Dead Weather and Phoenix might be possibilites.

bobert
01-21-2010, 12:51 PM
All good guesses. I'm definitely crossing my fingers for FNM and Phoenix. If MGMT plays Sasquatch there will be mass-hysteria the likes of which we've never seen. Two years ago I threw on some of their songs in the campground and I remember the girl next to us asking what band we were listening to. Last year you couldn't walk 10 feet in the campground without hearing that shit - guess all the Canadians caught on to that trend a year late. Also heard at least three different bands/djs do remixes of MGMT songs.

venturas90sgirl
01-21-2010, 01:28 PM
The coastal route on 101 is gorgeous Mark. Especially past San Francisco going through the redwoods all the way into Oregon. It's longer than shooting it straight on I-5 but waaaay less tedious. I'd take my friend with me to Sasquatch but she's not really a festival person but maybe I can convince her if the lineup is tempting enough.

As for Coach/Sas double bookings, we know Pavement for sure but I'm sure there will be a couple more. There always is.

faxman75
01-21-2010, 01:34 PM
All good guesses. I'm definitely crossing my fingers for FNM and Phoenix. If MGMT plays Sasquatch there will be mass-hysteria the likes of which we've never seen. Two years ago I threw on some of their songs in the campground and I remember the girl next to us asking what band we were listening to. Last year you couldn't walk 10 feet in the campground without hearing that shit - guess all the Canadians caught on to that trend a year late. Also heard at least three different bands/djs do remixes of MGMT songs.

OMG last year we heard Kids playing from every fucking direction in the campground. I went from loving the hell out of their album in 2008 to finding them to be ridiculous in 2009. I'm slowly easing my way back and will see what I think of their Coachella set.

Holly, 11 days off and a road trip up the coast to see a music fest and a friend sounds like a whole lot of fun. I would love to start at Coachella and just drive around the country for about 6 months hitting as many music festivals as I can and visiting friends.

venturas90sgirl
01-21-2010, 01:38 PM
That's my ideal trip. Unfortunately my demanding job limits my festival going and vacation taking. But if I can utilize the little amount of time I have to enjoy myself to the fullest then I'm gonna. I'd love to add Glastonbury to the plan just to add England to my travels but probably won't happen this year.

faxman75
01-22-2010, 08:09 AM
I've changed my mind about 10 times regarding Glastonbury and i'm leaning towards going again.

faxman75
01-25-2010, 07:37 AM
I think the National may be ready to make their Sasquatch return. I'm just hoping but from the looks of the tour schedule it's possible. They are playing San Diego and L.A. the weekend before Sasquatch and Oakland the Wednesday leading up to Sasquatch. I can see them in the Yeah Yeah Yeah's sunset slot. New album will be out in May as well.

MARCH
26-28 MARCH: KNOXVILLE, TN - BIG EARS FESTIVAL 2010 / TENNESSEE THEATRE // Tickets

APRIL
22 APRIL: RICHMOND, VA - THE NATIONAL // Pre-Sale Tickets**
23 APRIL: RICHMOND, VA - THE NATIONAL // Pre-Sale Tickets**

MAY
06 MAY: LONDON, UK - ROYAL ALBERT HALL // Pre-Sale Tickets**
07 MAY: PARIS, FRANCE - LE ZENITH w/ PAVEMENT // FNAC / Digitick
09 MAY: BERLIN, GERMANY - ASTRA // Pre-Sale Tickets**
22 MAY: LOS ANGELES, CA - THE WILTERN // Pre-Sale Tickets**
23 MAY: SAN DIEGO, CA - SPRECKELS THEATRE // Pre-Sale Tickets**
27 MAY: OAKLAND, CA - FOX THEATRE // Pre-Sale Tickets**

JUNE
02 JUNE: BOSTON, MA - HOUSE OF BLUES // Pre-Sale Tickets**
05 JUNE: PHILADELPHIA, PA - ELECTRIC FACTORY // Pre-Sale Tickets**
06 JUNE: WASHINGTON, DC - DAR CONSTITUTION HALL // Pre-Sale Tickets**
08 JUNE: TORONTO, CANADA - MASSEY HALL // Pre-Sale Tickets**
16 JUNE: NEW YORK, NY - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL // Pre-Sale Tickets**

sin213
01-25-2010, 08:51 AM
I've changed my mind about 10 times regarding Glastonbury and i'm leaning towards going again.

you know you're going to go, just like with the sonic youth show where you weren't going to go but then day of you did. just suck it up and get prepared! :D

faxman75
01-25-2010, 09:35 AM
It's definitely looking that way.

It's just that damn airfare is so pricey. Sasquatch lineup gets announced in mid to late February, right people?

Sushov23
01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Feb. 16th man. So in 3 weeks.

thewindowliquor
01-25-2010, 11:22 AM
I'll prolly go to Sasquatch.

Sleepingrock
01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
It's just that damn airfare is so pricey. Sasquatch lineup gets announced in mid to late February, right people?

www.allegiantair.com

Fly in Thursday and leave on on Tuesday it comes to 270$ cause of baggage...

PHOENIX - MESA,AZ (IWA) to BELLINGHAM,WA (BLI)
Departing: Thu, May 27 2:50 pm FLT# 618
Returning: Tue, Jun 29 9:10 am FLT# 219

Trip Price = $197.76
Taxes & Fees = $35.40
Total Cost $233.16

I would say that isn't too pricey... but I'm a Canadian

bobert
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I think he was talking about a flight to the UK.

Sleepingrock
01-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I think he was talking about a flight to the UK.

My bad... UK is always alot to fly to!

TomAz
01-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Bellingham is like 90 miles north of Seattle. 4 hr drive to the gorge I think.

faxman75
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I already have my flight booked for Sasquatch. bobert was correct, I was responding to Sin about my up in the air Glastonbury plans and possible flight.

joshc
01-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Now that it's getting closer ... does anyone have hotel or condo rental recommendations? Aside from Cave B (which is $$$$), the pickings near the Gorge seem really slim.

superdeluxe
01-26-2010, 06:56 AM
From the Sasquatch Boards, so take it for what it is worth:

My friend in Oregon went to school with the new Smashing Pumpkins drummer and supposedly they're going to headline one night.
Not a Smashing Pumpkins fan myself, but it makes sense

http://sasquatchfest.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=music&thread=400&post=5496

faxman75
01-26-2010, 07:03 AM
I'll take it. I would never pay to see Billy at his own shows with $50+ prices so this is pretty much the only way I would see Billy and friends. I understand the hate this may bring though.

yeahfontaine
01-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Bellingham is like 90 miles north of Seattle. 4 hr drive to the gorge I think.

Yeah, takes about 4 just from Seattle, so tack on another 1 1/2 if you drive from Bellingham. Long trip. My husband and I used to make the trek no matter what, but now we're spoiled by Coachella. Between the direct flights in, the nearby hotel options and the overall ambience and actual music fans, it's no contest. So unless the lineup is crazy (or The Mars Volta or another fave band of ours are playing), we skip.

sin213
01-26-2010, 09:21 AM

My friend in Oregon went to school with the new Smashing Pumpkins drummer and supposedly they're going to headline one night.

http://sasquatchfest.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=music&thread=400&post=5496

god i hope not. they used to rock in the 90s, but the 2000s were not a good decade for pumpkins music.

rage patton
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah, takes about 4 just from Seattle, so tack on another 1 1/2 if you drive from Bellingham. Long trip. My husband and I used to make the trek no matter what, but now we're spoiled by Coachella. Between the direct flights in, the nearby hotel options and the overall ambience and actual music fans, it's no contest. So unless the lineup is crazy (or The Mars Volta or another fave band of ours are playing), we skip.

4 hours from Seattle?

I driven to the Gorge 3 times, my average time from where I live is about 5 hours. I once made it in 4.5 hours. I love about a half hour north of Bellingham. We once stopped in Seattle to pick up something, and from Seattle to the Gorge, it took us just over 2.5 hours. How is it taking you 4 hours?

J~$$$$
01-26-2010, 10:53 AM
female driver.

wmgaretjax
01-26-2010, 10:58 AM
it should not take more than 3.5 hours or so from bellingham. haha. 2.5 from seattle.

rage patton
01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
I would say about 4 from Bellingham.

superfiction
01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
4 hours from Seattle?

I driven to the Gorge 3 times, my average time from where I live is about 5 hours. I once made it in 4.5 hours. I love about a half hour north of Bellingham. We once stopped in Seattle to pick up something, and from Seattle to the Gorge, it took us just over 2.5 hours. How is it taking you 4 hours?

i go up to bham all the time josh why do we never hang out?

wmgaretjax
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM
I would say about 4 from Bellingham.

even google maps says 3.75... and that's driving the speed limit.

you people stop to pee too much ;)

rage patton
01-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Actually, you are probably right. I forgot I have to take into acount the boarder line ups when I cross. Usually it is about half an hour, I have had to wait longer too. I count the waiting as part of my roughly 5 hour trip.

And Bryce, next time you are going up to Bellingham, let me know.

venturas90sgirl
01-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I'll agree with sin about the pumpkins. Stick with the best from Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream and it's a great show, though I wouldn't skip it if the headliner rumor is true.

Travel plans are go, just gotta suck up to the ol' boss to get my large chunk of time off.

bobert
01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
If Billy Pumpkin headlines a night there had better be someone unbelievable closing the second stage. I'd almost take Ben Harper debuting another awful side project that no one has ever heard of before I'd watch that bald, washed-up blowhard.

superfiction
01-26-2010, 12:50 PM
pre 2007 pumpkins were my favorite band. post 2007 pumpkins are one of my least favorite bands

bobert
01-26-2010, 12:56 PM
pre 2007 pumpkins were my favorite band. post 2007 pumpkins are one of my least favorite bands

What happened, where you verbally abused by Billy Pumpkin during one of his recent "performances?" I hear he doesn't like it when people shout out requests, which is exactly what I'll be doing if he plays.

superfiction
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
haha im gonna make a sign that says "wheres james"

faxman75
01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I'll take Billy playing some Pumpkin's songs over Kings of Leon or Ben Harper any day. If the two headliners are Billy Pumpkin and Pavement that's better than any of the three we had last year IMO.

faxman75
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
This is the last Pumpkins concert set list.

Set:

Ava Adore
Cupid de Locke
99 Floors
Owata
Sunkissed
Soma
Cherub Rock
Zero
Bodies
Crestfallen
I of the Mourning
A Song for a Son
Landslide [Nicks]
Disarm
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Galapogos
Gossamer
As Rome Burns
The Sounds of Silence [Simon]
> Li'l Red Riding Hood [Blackwell]
The March Hare
> Suffer
Age of Innocence
Encore:

That's the Way (My Love Is)
I Am One Pt. 2

Plenty of old stuff in there and finishing with I Am One is awesome except it says I Am One Pt. 2 and I have no idea what that is.

superfiction
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I'll take Billy playing some Pumpkin's songs over Kings of Leon or Ben Harper any day. If the two headliners are Billy Pumpkin and Pavement that's better than any of the three we had last year IMO.

i only went the nin/janes day. which to me was solid. but yeah beteer than those others i suppose

superfiction
01-26-2010, 01:07 PM
This is the last Pumpkins concert set list.

Plenty of old stuff in there and finishing with I Am One is awesome except it says I Am One Pt. 2 and I have no idea what that is.

i would be massively bored

faxman75
01-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Why would you be bored if they used to be your favorite band and that setlist is largely older stuff? Has Billy's personality ruined all the old songs for you?

superfiction
01-26-2010, 01:15 PM
i love his song selection for the old tunes. but theres still too many new ones. he's treating it like the pumpkins mach2 have 5 new albums and he's destributing the set accordingly. thats not how it is. they have what 6 albums before they broke up? and one post? that means one 7th of the set should be new songs and that is not how it is

faxman75
01-26-2010, 01:34 PM
This argument took place in the pumpkins thread a while back. Every band pushes their latest album and sprinkles in parts of the rest of the catalog. You are being way too picky and unrealistic. I would argue Billy played less new material than most bands that have been around as long. Go see tours by Sonic Youth for example.

18 of the 25 songs on that set list were from 2000 or earlier. That leaves 7 songs that were newer mixed in among the classics and that's still too much? That's a ridiculous complaint.

superfiction
01-26-2010, 01:37 PM
i guess. i dunno. i just think he should embrace what his audience wants. not get pissed at them when they dont want to her his new shit music

faxman75
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
So you think artists should be jukeboxes? What artists should be allowed to promote their new albums on tour?

MarkO
01-26-2010, 01:54 PM
No one goes to a Pumpkins show to hear their new songs.

know ID ya
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM

Take it for what it's worth, but this comment was posted by a Coachella boarder, and was largely ignored by the Sasquatch board, which makes it a bit ironic that it is being discussed as a possibility so much here.

fikus222
01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't get me started on the Pumpkins ;)

bobert
01-26-2010, 10:06 PM

NIN?? I know that Jane's closed the stage but there was basically two headliners that night. Pavement is better than any of the official headliners we had last year though.

faxman75
01-27-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm not counting NIN as the headliner. I can see why you are counting them both as headliners but I was going by the last band to play. I also agree with your Pavement statement so no matter what we win this year.

venturas90sgirl
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I'll second that!

As for older bands promoting new albums, why not? Both Paul McCartney and The Cure played stuff from their newest albums last year and no one faulted them from it. Maybe it wasn't their strongest material but it didn't take away from what were both amazing shows.

faxman75
01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Yea, every band promotes the new material. What would be the point of releasing an album then playing a 90 mintue to 2 hour show and only playing 3 songs from the new album? Nobody does that. This is mostly about Billy being an asshole and ruining what used to be a fantastic band. I was a huge Pumpkins fan until they broke up the first time. I never purchased Zeitgeist or saw them on that tour but if they are part of a festival i'll certainly check them out and most likely enjoy all the classics.

bobert
01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Tool only played three songs off of 10,000 days when they headlined Coachella. Granted those three songs probably lasted 25 minutes, but I get what you're saying. I'd be more inclined to give some of the new Pumpkins materiel a shot if there was anyone from the original lineup still in the band other than Billy.

faxman75
01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
I think it's unlikely that they headline anyway but we'll see. I don't think Billy even has a band at this point. Him and the new drummer seem like the only ones that ever go to the studio to record their one song a month or whatever. lol.
So yeah, Billy and drummer would be pretty funny as a headliner for Sasquatch as would calling them the Smashing Pumpkins. We'll see what happens.

MarkO
01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
.................. What would be the point of releasing an album then playing a 90 mintue to 2 hour show and only playing 3 songs from the new album? .........

Because, outside of the few remaining hardcore fans, no one gives a shit about a Billy Pumpkins album. This is the same for a lot of bands, damn good bands even. I'm not going to U2 to hear 'get on your boots', I'm going to hear Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree material. REM are in the same predicament to name just one other band.

The Pumpkins are not Radiohead or Wilco whose new material still commands attention.

superfiction
01-27-2010, 12:56 PM
im probably gonna get yelled at for bringing them up but i think the way metallica did it up until this new album was theyd play 2 or 3 songs off their new album and the other 2 hours was devoted to their back catalogue. so. i approve of that method

sin213
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
pumpkins has the same issue metallica does....its nice they give their old stuff some play time, but when they play their old songs, they BUTCHER the songs beyond belief. lowering keys, slowing tempos, dumb segues and poorly executed bridges, etc...

superfiction
01-27-2010, 01:14 PM
pumpkins has the same issue metallica does....its nice they give their old stuff some play time, but when they play their old songs, they BUTCHER the songs beyond belief. lowering keys, slowing tempos, dumb segues and poorly executed bridges, etc...

yeah i remember seeing them play heavy metal machine and it was completely unrecognizable aside from the words

faxman75
01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Because, outside of the few remaining hardcore fans, no one gives a shit about a Billy Pumpkins album..

You keep repeating yourself. No one is arguing with you. Not one person in this thread has defended Zeigesit the only new Pumpkins album. Established bands that put out a piece of shit album still promote their piece of shit album. I understand that YOU don't want to hear it. Most people don't want to hear it. We all agree the new stuff sucks but to chastise the artist for promoting it is ridiculous.

liquidsnake28
01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
It's not ridiculous because if we (the fans) all agree that it sucks then he obviously realizes this too. You know he's only doing it for money now. Why should he play stuff that he knows sucks?

faxman75
01-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Hmm I don't remember this being a complaint from Pumpkins fans. Their gripe has been pretty consistent. Billy is a bitch and the new stuff sucks. I didn't see the new pumpkins so I'm not sure if what you are saying is wrong, it's just not the common gripe. Lets test it out with a youtube if Billy hasn't blocked them all.

Alrght, I give up. I started with Cherub Rock. 1994 in Barcelona. I have not found a single version from 2008 that matches this so lets just enjoy what used to be a fantastic band. :)

I5nJcfB0f30

For fun this is what I found from 2007, same song.

Lx8kh_Vq1PQ

I certainly won't say it's the same but I still like it. This just made me miss D'arcy and Iha more though lol.

faxman75
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
It's not ridiculous because if we (the fans) all agree that it sucks then he obviously realizes this too.

Most ridiculous thought of the day. First "all" the fans don't agree on everything as proven in this thread and second even if they did all think that how would that mean he realizes it sucks as well.

You know he's only doing it for money now. Why should he play stuff that he knows sucks?

Your argument has to be the weakest of anyone's in this thread. How would you know his motives for making the music he makes now? What musicians do you know that aren't in it for the money? You've turned this into your opinion of Billy's feelings and you don't have a clue what the guys is thinking. If he was in it just for the money I'm sure you would have seen Pumpkins music all over commercials and movies the past 15 years. Lets stick to the music discussion and your opinions about the music rather than play guess what Billy's motives are.

liquidsnake28
01-27-2010, 02:06 PM
My opinion is that his new music sucks in comparison to his older stuff and I share that opinion with an overwhelming amount of former SP fans including everyone in this thread. We actually did all agree on that as you pointed out yourself.

No one is arguing with you. Not one person in this thread has defended Zeigesit the only new Pumpkins album.

yeahfontaine
01-27-2010, 05:18 PM
4 hours from Seattle?

Oh. I've been to the Gorge like 10 times, too. Oops. It sure feels like 5-6 hours, I'll tell ya that much.

Carry on...

superdeluxe
01-28-2010, 08:00 AM

2007 Set the Ray to jerry>1996

superdeluxe
01-28-2010, 08:01 AM
New Billy Live> New Billy studio

faxman75
01-28-2010, 08:41 AM
I would like to add that Doomsday Clock was an alright single.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
01-28-2010, 05:28 PM
900 Miles from Indio this year, Sasquatch might be my only option

know ID ya
01-28-2010, 08:14 PM
One man's opinion:

Confirmed:
Pavement, Neon Indian, Vetiver, Wale

Rumored:
Nada Surf, Vampire Weekend, Why?, Local Natives, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Soundgarden, Miike Snow, The National, Edward Sharpe

superfiction
01-28-2010, 10:40 PM
high five for reading the same blogs we all do

know ID ya
01-29-2010, 08:02 AM
I'll accept that high five, and throw you back a chest bump, brah.

Wafflecopter
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
One man's opinion:

Confirmed:
Pavement, Neon Indian, Vetiver, Wale

Rumored:
Nada Surf, Vampire Weekend, Why?, Local Natives, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Soundgarden, Miike Snow, The National, Edward Sharpe

I had to register just to say that WHY? and Local Natives will 100% for sure be there. I've spoken to the members of Local Natives in person after a show, and they said they would be playing, but to keep it on the down-low because "they just found out" (this was back in December).

My radio station did an interview with WHY? and we asked them if they were coming to Washington anytime soon and they said "we may be coming to Washington in the spring for a certain festival."

Around 11 minutes in this clip is when they say they will be playing a "certain festival": http://kzuu.podomatic.com/player/web/2010-01-26T19_12_30-08_00

Egull
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
So I am thinking about going to this for the first time this year. I especially want to go if Pavement, Neon Indian, Why?, and Edward Sharpe end up playing, but I don't know if this has been asked and don't want to search through the thread, but it says camping is $100. Is that for your whole group or per person?

faxman75
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Per car.