PDA

View Full Version : Coming from the UK

david123
10-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Hello,

Have wanted to go to Coachella for years now and am possibly in a position to finely do it!

I'm just wondering how I would the ticket delivered to myself and also how to get to the event.

Also any general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David

greghead
10-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Ticket: Mail

Transportation: Airplane to LAX, a rental car or carpool to Indio.

Advice: Unless you're planning on camping on-site, start looking for hotels/rental houses/campgrounds now. Likely (though unconfirmed) dates are 4/16 - 4/18.

sonofhal
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Ticket - You pick it up at the venue (they do NOT post them to the UK).

david123
10-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Okay cool I'll rent a car.

Yeah was planning on doing the campsite (It would be weird not too!). Just seen that you can't take alcohol into the campsite :O Man this is so different to english festivals :P

Thanks if anyone has anymore advice that would be great.
David

Duvel
10-05-2009, 05:53 PM
....print your own tickets...

Dede' Arneaux
10-06-2009, 11:58 AM
D, Last year was my first and hopefully not last Coachella.

Its so different from UK festivals...its fantastic. Especially the weather.

Print your own tickets before you leave home.
Had a week in San Diego, then hired a car and stayed in a Palm Springs Hotel so we could drive in each day - no travel hassles whatsoever.

majormajormajor
10-07-2009, 02:54 AM
I'll be coming from the UK too. I think I'll fly to SF and out of LA. Quite looking forward to this! I wonder how it compares to European festivals like Roskilde. I've not been to an English festival.

david123
10-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeah the one's in the UK that I have done are Download, Reading and Glastonbury

Duvel
10-09-2009, 01:41 AM
I'll be coming from the UK too. I think I'll fly to SF and out of LA. Quite looking forward to this! I wonder how it compares to European festivals like Roskilde. I've not been to an English festival.

....it's amazing...

majormajormajor
10-13-2009, 12:28 PM
....it's amazing...

i'm sure it's great, but roskilde is the greatest thing ever so coachella has a lot to beat. can anyone who has been to both (sziget or lowlands or something) compare?

i'm actually from melbourne. just haven't lived there in years. kinda miss the music scene, but then again i live in london so i'm not really in a position to complain...

joggs1
10-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi david
uk to lax then hire car its a great drive down to indio or you can fly from lax to palm springs on a vomit comit 20 mins of hell dont recomend if you dont like turbulance haha
as the stewardes just cooly says ever man for him self tickets from ticketmaster pick up at the venue you wont regret making the trip you will be hooked like my self cant wait from one year to another roll on april

djandrews25
10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
You can get alcohol in, you just gotta be smart.

eskamo951
10-14-2009, 11:38 PM

LA is a good 8 hour boring ass drive from SF. Just to warn you.

Duvel
10-16-2009, 02:49 AM
i'm sure it's great, but roskilde is the greatest thing ever so coachella has a lot to beat. can anyone who has been to both (sziget or lowlands or something) compare?

i'm actually from melbourne. just haven't lived there in years. kinda miss the music scene, but then again i live in london so i'm not really in a position to complain...

Well, i haven't been to Roskilde but it's on the agenda some day.

Melbourne, maaaaaate. It's still a great city and continues to be the epicentre of the Australian music scene.

Jenny-uk
11-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Me and my sister are planning on coming this year, neither of us drive anybody know how to get there without a car???

sonofhal
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Either Carpool from LA, or get a coach (greyhound) to Indio.