PDA

View Full Version : Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

moomoo
01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Wait for it...

http://i.imgur.com/KM9bp.jpg

paulthomasanderson
01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KM9bp.jpg

:pulse

faxman75
01-17-2010, 07:24 PM
http://mondaynightbrewery.com/images/monday-night-brewery-logo-web.gif

TallGuyCM
Who made this one? I like the color scheme and of course the lineup.

Yeah, it almost looks like you're looking at a film negative. Very nifty color scheme.

TickleMeElmo

http://i46.tinypic.com/27wycxz.jpg

My guess is Amneeziac only cuz he puts Danger in EVERY poster he does.

That and it's very well done, something else Amneeziac is known for.

weeklymix
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
That lineup looks flat out fun. This is going to be a letdown, eh?

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
One flaw though: No way are 2ManyDj's that high up on the poster.

faxman75
01-17-2010, 07:26 PM
I guess we'll see. I felt let down when I saw last years. The hype does that though.

paulthomasanderson
01-17-2010, 07:29 PM
One flaw though: No way are 2ManyDj's that high up on the poster.

This and put Jay-Z in Bowie's spot. There you go. I'm not trying to joke around actually. Carry on all.

microcuts
01-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Headliners do not play Los Angeles near Coachella time. Jay_z is playing fucking Staples Center 3 weeks before Coachella. Why are we even still beating this dead horse? I can't believe how fast stupid rumours grow around here.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 07:30 PM
monklish/cos

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Cuts has a point.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
That lineup looks flat out fun. This is going to be a letdown, eh?

No, that poster main difference from the real line up will be putting Jay Z where Bowie is.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
Headliners do not play Los Angeles near Coachella time. Jay_z is playing fucking Staples Center 3 weeks before Coachella. Why are we even still beating this dead horse? I can't believe how fast stupid rumours grow around here.

How much do you want to bet?

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
How much do you want to bet?

Do you know this with certainty?

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Well if Jay-Z really is one of the headliners, then I unknowingly rid myself of a potential conflict by seeing him up at UCLA last fall. And it was a spectacular show, whether you're a big fan of his or not.

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
It's still a lazy get.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Do you know this with certainty?

I have a friend at Capitol. :nono

Let's just say I heard the Jay Z thing before the blogs/news sites/message board got a hold of it. And I had the same reaction as a lot of folks here.

psycobetabuckdown
Lazy, or you just don't like rap music?

Harrisment
Deerhunter billed under Passion Pit also seems a bit wacky.

weeklymix
Staples Center is AEG/Goldenvoice, so it's allowed right?

I just think if they were going to get him they'd wait until he'd sell Staples Center out first. This is me being delusional though, I suppose.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
It's still a lazy get.

Would you have preffered RHCP? Pearl Jam? DMB? AS far as lazy picks go they could of gotten worse.

Harrisment
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Would you have preffered RHCP? Pearl Jam? DMB? AS far as lazy picks go they could of gotten worse.

Totally agree.

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM

It's lazy, and yes, I like rap/hip-hop.

Don't point your questions at me.

jtovar21
01-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Are you still standing by no Pavement as well, Marco? Since you seem to know more than alot of ppl here regarding the lineup.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Actually Pearl Jam would've been perfect if they opened for Soundgarden or vice versa. But Jay-Z is more of a must-see for me than Pearl Jam or Soundgarden separately.

paulthomasanderson
HAHAHA DAVE MATTHEWS BAND!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah

I don't like much rap music but I like Jay Z. The guy just gets it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Are you still standing by no Pavement as well, Marco? Since you seem to know more than alot of ppl here regarding the lineup.

Nope, I heard Pavement will be there after all. I'll get to meet the band this summer thankfully :D

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Jay-Z is >>>>>>>> the Killers >>>>>>>>>>>> Jack Johnson if there's gonna be the token headliner that people bitch about this year.

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:42 PM
AS far as lazy picks go they could of gotten worse.

Curious. Who?

ZackQ
This is the same arguement I used last year about The Killers not being so bad....think of all the huge, fun Jay Z songs that you hear when you're out at night, and how much fun they are when you're in a good mood. Now imagine hearing them live done by the excellent entertainer who wrote them. It's pretty fucking cool. And I expect Jay Z's set to be the same way, if he is actually playing. Aren't we still a bit out ahead of what's happening here?

rashaman
Nope, I heard Pavement will be there after all. I'll get to meet the band this summer thankfully :D

you don't know shit.

psycobetabuckdown
It's lazy, and yes, I like rap/hip-hop.

Don't point your questions at me.

So Beastie Boys lazy, Muse lazy, Jay-Z lazy, Pearl Jam lazy but anyone not touring or otherwise nearly impossible to get is good?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
If I remember correctly people (including myself) were much more worried about Pearl Jam headlining then anyone else.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-17-2010, 07:43 PM
you don't know shit.

You're right I don't. Nothing at all.

moomoo
01-17-2010, 07:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TlIDJ.jpg

hendrixfan143
01-17-2010, 07:44 PM

you make my day.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
Curious. Who?

I just named them! RHCP, Pearl Jam, DMB (not that they would ever play Coachella), etc.

Kid B
I still really want to see Pearl Jam but oh well...my fault for not seeing them when they played 4 nights at the Gibson. Jay-Z is still a great choice for a headliner though.

Gribbz
01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Jay Z>>>>>>Pearl Jam/Soundgarden

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
So Beastie Boys lazy, Muse lazy, Jay-Z lazy, Pearl Jam lazy but anyone not touring or otherwise nearly impossible to get is good?

Wtf are you talking about? I said Jay-Z would be lazy a get.

paulthomasanderson
01-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Jay Z>>>>>>Pearl Jam/Soundgarden

Thank you.

zenidogx
Remember last year's Neil Young rumors? Good times.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
I still really want to see Pearl Jam but oh well...my fault for not seeing them when they played 4 nights at the Gibson. Jay-Z is still a great choice for a headliner though.

I agree with you on both counts

I'm going to be sad if Soundgarden isn't there in some form though, after all the excitement.

Hopefully I'll still get to see them do one of their own shows in the not-too-distant future

Boourns

Amneeziac made the background (blue with white clouds) and I did the lineup and the date squares. I inversed the colors because I thought that if Bowie or Walker ever appear on any kind of lineup, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

rashaman
01-17-2010, 07:47 PM
it's a lazy/crappy/uninspired choice for a mainstage act. PLENTY of other bands could have been put in his spot that would fit the festival much better...interpol/arcade fire/strokes/pixies/bowie/ etc. its obvious they were cheap and ended up with a shitty headliner. not to mention he played all points west which is too redundant for the same company putting on two festivals. glasto already gave him his moment to shine in the festival world, he's got a mother fucking show in la A MONTH before coachella, and IT ISN'T A RAP FESTIVAL. i don't care how anyone responds to this, you people allllllllll know that everyone is going to react the same way they reacted to the 08 lineup. Tollett just can't go above and beyond anymore. it's been going downhill since 08. it's still a FUN festival, and i go every year but they're trying to be something their not, or maybe they don't know what they are. jay-z is right there with jack johnson as far as headliner choices go.

expect lots and lots of bitching!

CiderMouseRules
01-17-2010, 07:47 PM
The concept of a "Lazy Get" is kind of silly.

Either they play a killer set, or they play a good set, or an okay set, or a bad set. If you like music, and if you like paying for the best music you can pay for, then Jay-Z is a pretty good headliner. There's nothing "lazy" about booking one of the greatest living figures in the hip-hop industry.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-17-2010, 07:48 PM
I think Jay-Z has a lot more respect from non-mainstream audiences than Jack Johnson does

ZackQ
01-17-2010, 07:49 PM
it's been going downhill since 08. it's still a FUN festival, and i go every year but they're trying to be something their not, or maybe they don't know what they are. jay-z is right there with jack johnson as far as headliner choices go.

Downhill since '08? So you didn't like last year's line up and you're not expecting to like this year's line up? I don't know if one bad year and one anticipated bad year represent going downhill.

Boourns
01-17-2010, 07:49 PM
it's a lazy/crappy/uninspired choice for a mainstage act. PLENTY of other bands could have been put in his spot that would fit the festival much better...interpol/arcade fire/strokes/pixies/bowie/ etc. its obvious they were cheap and ended up with a shitty headliner. not to mention he played all points west which is too redundant for the same company putting on two festivals. glasto already gave him his moment to shine in the festival world, he's got a mother fucking show in la A MONTH before coachella, and IT ISN'T A RAP FESTIVAL. i don't care how anyone responds to this, you people allllllllll know that everyone is going to react the same way they reacted to the 08 lineup. Tollett just can't go above and beyond anymore. it's been going downhill since 08. it's still a FUN festival, and i go every year but they're trying to be something their not, or maybe they don't know what they are. jay-z is right there with jack johnson as far as headliner choices go.

So this is what Noel Gallagher has been doing since Oasis split.

Ardentbiscuit
01-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Remember all the years of rumors that never panned out...

Neil Young
The Police
The Smiths
Michael Jackson
David Bowie
Daft Punk repeat performance
Pulp

I could go on and on...

HandBanana
01-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Jay Z is one of the biggest names in the decade where we for the most part stopped creating new big names (yes hes technically 90s too, but this decade is where he really came into his own) so Im not sure how lazy that is.

Ill give ya the APW thing, but Arcade Fire, Strokes, Interpol (especially them) arent big enough to head and theres no real reason for The Pixies to play let alone head.

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I'd rather watch E-40 perform Tha Hall Of Game than watch Jay-Z.

schavira
01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Stevie Wonder (as long as he stays away from the Jonas Brothers) would be a good headliner; I don't know why he's never considered...

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Wtf are you talking about? I said Jay-Z would be lazy a get.

I wasn't really just replying to you, just all the claims that this act and that are "lazy gets." It seems everyone who has toured recently is described as weak or lazy, and I understand the idea behind that sentiment but wishing for every headliner to be a unique one-off is unrealistic. I don't even see what there is to complain about anyway. Are you going to Jay-Z's show in March? How many people actually saw Pearl Jam last year? I bet not enough to justify all the complaining.

CiderMouseRules
01-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Coachella has only gone "downhill" because 1) nearly all of the old, interesting bands who COULD reunite already have and, more importantly, 2) people don't need to go to music festivals to discover new music.

My first Coachella was '05 and the online music landscape has changed so much since then. It would be impossible for any festival to create the same mystique because festivals don't serve the same essential task they once did. Myspace music, LaLa, etc have radically altered how much we know about a band before we've seen them live.

So at this point, it's about booking the best performers and the best over-all statement of what is good music. It shouldn't be about the cutting edge; there's nothing new to cut. Just put together a great overall experience. And in that sense, last year was the best I've attended. Not downhill at all.

rashaman
01-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Downhill since '08? So you didn't like last year's line up and you're not expecting to like this year's line up? I don't know if one bad year and one anticipated bad year represent going downhill.

i LOVED last years lineup.....to be honest i didnt even care that the killers were headlining. but see killers are a ROCK group. jay z gets on stage with a backing track, a microphone, and maybe alicia keys sings on empire state of mind.

hated the 08 lineup at first, grew to like it, loved the festival, still thought jack johnson was the worst choice they ever made for a headliner, but now that award goes to jay-z.

and SURE, there will be plenty of other bands playing at the same time which i will see instead of him, but it could have been someone just as big, but better, and not only better but a better FIT for an indie music festival. none of you people think jay-z is waaaaaay to corporate for this festival?

obzen
01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Stevie Wonder
This.

This is anything but lazy.

TomServo
01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm shocked how little play The White Stripes get here. They would be a huge get, they sell out Los Angeles when they play here, and they haven't played together in a notable way for some time. Jack White hasn't talked down the possibility, just saying that he doesn't know what he's doing this year yet.

I'm just saying, as far as not being a "lazy get", and being big enough to be the top headliner... White Stripes (I think) would qualify.

To be fair, there are actual rumors that trickle down, so if these Jay-Z rumors (or Bowie, or whoever) have some legitimacy, it makes some sense. But as far as rumors made out of whole cloth, I'll take Jack and Meg any day.

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
You know what would really be sweet? LED lights on the roof of the Sahara, like this:

You know what would be super awesome on that nice big Sahara roof? LED lights:

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs274.snc1/10121_1203937454013_1095926419_30647115_3670626_n. jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs274.snc1/10121_1203937734020_1095926419_30647122_2023979_n. jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs172.snc3/19950_1299167514705_1095926419_30936565_2581683_n. jpg

Si se puede! Si se puede!

ZackQ
i LOVED last years lineup.....to be honest i didnt even care that the killers were headlining. but see killers are a ROCK group. jay z gets on stage with a backing track, a microphone, and maybe alicia keys sings on empire state of mind.

hated the 08 lineup at first, grew to like it, loved the festival, still thought jack johnson was the worst choice they ever made for a headliner, but now that award goes to jay-z.

and SURE, there will be plenty of other bands playing at the same time which i will see instead of him, but it could have been someone just as big, but better, and not only better but a better FIT for an indie music festival. none of you people think jay-z is waaaaaay to corporate for this festival?

I'm not even sure if I believe the Jay Z rumors are true yet. That said, of the three years I've gone, I think 2008 was the best year. And it had the worst single day headliner (Jack Johnson).

So the headliners have little bearing on whether it's a good fest, for me personally.

psycobetabuckdown

Dude. You just don't like rap music. Interpol/arcade fire/strokes/pixies? THOSE are the weak headliners, not Jay-Z. What have they ever headlined? I'd have much more of a complaint if Interpol got a headlining gig. Btw, check out 1999's lineup before making stupid comments like "it isn't a rap festival." This isn't the Warped Tour, it's diverse.

Kid B
01-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm shocked how little play The White Stripes get here.

That's because the Dead Weather are playing.

rashaman
01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Dude. You just don't like rap music. Interpol/arcade fire/strokes/pixies? THOSE are the weak headliners, not Jay-Z. What have they ever headlined? I'd have much more of a complaint if Interpol got a headlining gig. Btw, check out 1999's lineup before making stupid comments like "it isn't a rap festival." This isn't the Warped Tour, it's diverse.

um strokes are headlining two europeand festivals THIS YEAR. interpol has three albums. kings of leon could have done it, white stripes could have done it, you're just soooo afraid of admitting that the festival you love has made some misinformed choices as to who the biggest names are on their poster.

jay-z does not equate to prince, beastie boys, rage, radiohead or any of the other past headliners.

edit: except jack johnson

crombrenner
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=rashaman;1505373]jay z gets on stage with a backing track, a microphone, and maybe alicia keys sings on empire state of mind.QUOTE]

Jay-Z plays with a band dude. Do some research before making such statements.

moomoo
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
http://imgur.com/Aq4Nj.jpg

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Bands have to headline something for the first time. Just saying.

Fuck, I really want to see Swedish House Mafia. Or I'd take any of the members on their own as a consolation.

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
You know what would really be sweet? LED lights on the roof of the Sahara, like this:

Si se puede! Si se puede!

Can we talk about this now instead of Jay-Z? Jeesh.

schavira
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
um strokes are headlining two europeand festivals THIS YEAR. interpol has three albums. kings of leon could have done it, white stripes could have done it, you're just soooo afraid of admitting that the festival you love has made some misinformed choices as to who the biggest names are on their poster.

jay-z does not equate to prince, beastie boys, rage, radiohead or any of the other past headliners.

Jay-Z is definitely a bigger artist than a lot of the past headliners, I don't know what the hell you're talking about (unless you're just saying that he's not good in your own opinion).

CiderMouseRules
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Yes. Because that dance tent thing, and that Greatest Coachella Set Ever from Daft Punk were SO indie rock.

none of you people think jay-z is waaaaaay to corporate for this festival?

Paul McCartney
The Cure
The Killers
Prince
Roger Waters
Jack Johnson
Bjork
RHCP
Rage Against the Machine
Depeche Mode
Tool
Coldplay
Nine Inch Nails

Every single one of them except Prince had, at the time, their most recent release out on a major corporate label.

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
http://imgur.com/Aq4Nj.jpg

Hang in there, pal.

rashaman
01-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Jay-Z is definitely a bigger artist than a lot of the past headliners, I don't know what the hell you're talking about (unless you're just saying that he's not good in your own opinion).

im saying he isnt worthy of headlining coachella just because he can headline glastonbury. miley cyrus has sold just as many if not more albums so does that mean she should be there too?

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 08:04 PM

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin...

rashaman
01-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes. Because that dance tent thing, and that Greatest Coachella Set Ever from Daft Punk were SO indie rock.

Paul McCartney
The Cure
The Killers
Prince
Roger Waters
Jack Johnson
Bjork
RHCP
Rage Against the Machine
Depeche Mode
Tool
Coldplay
Nine Inch Nails

Every single one of them except Prince had, at the time, their most recent release out on a major corporate label.

the difference is none of them are rap

HandBanana
This is gonna be fun.
Ive never been psyched for the "hated" headliner before, so the next few months should be fun to play with.

CiderMouseRules

He's sold over 150 million records world-wide!

schavira
http://www.warp.com.mx/ver/14606_Posible_line_up_de_Coachella_2010/

Does anybody know what this says?

Raptor Clinton
im saying he isnt worthy of headlining coachella just because he can headline glastonbury. miley cyrus has sold just as many if not more albums so does that mean she should be there too?

Radiohead also headlined Glastonbury. Twice. Paul McCartney has sold more records than Miley Cyrus ever will.

moomoo
Hang in there, pal.
YES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAY

rashaman
01-17-2010, 08:06 PM
so its not cool if people disagree with a rap headliner being at an indie music festival, that has been an indie music festival for 11 years now???? i dont understand how you people would find animosity towards that confusing.

boarderwoozel3
Can we talk about this now instead of Jay-Z? Jeesh.

12% of the festival's total run-time is obviously more important, obviously.

obzen
Isn't Jay-Z in a shitload of t.v./magazine advertisements?

CiderMouseRules

Being "rap" has NOTHING to do with being "too corporate". Every single year the fest has about five or so big hip-hop acts and, off the top of my head, MIA and Blackstar have both played prominent late night slots on the main stage.

schavira

There's a difference between critically acclaimed mainstream rap and bubblegum pop artists promoted by Disney.

ZackQ
01-17-2010, 08:07 PM

They say that's the rumored line up, and that the official line up will be announced Tuesday.

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
so its not cool if people disagree with a rap headliner being at an indie music festival, that has been an indie music festival for 11 years now???? i dont understand how you people would find animosity towards that confusing.

While being primarily and indie-rock, EDM festival, hip-hop has always had a presence at Coachella. In all fairness.

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
YES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAYYES TUESDAY

Please. You're starting to control my thoughts.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM

European is not the same as American. The Strokes might headline if they had another hit or two. But no one in America has thought of them since 2003. Interpol is not popular in the mainstream, they can't headline. If you think Kings of Leon is a better get than Jay-Z you might be racist.

Jay-Z is bigger than the Beastie Boys. Bigger than Radiohead in America. You're missing the point anyway, you don't like rap music so you're hating on the idea of a rap headliner. Jay-Z's the biggest rapper of the last 10 years.

rashaman
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
There's a difference between critically acclaimed mainstream rap and bubblegum pop artists promoted by Disney.

theres plenty of other critically acclaimed non-rap acts out there that fit the bill of headliner....stop pretending like you don't know that!

CiderMouseRules

And you yourself made reference to the Beastie Boys!

MassiveChemicalPunk

I think they just copy/pasted from the Monklish blog

Boourns
01-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Remember all the years of rumors that never panned out...

Neil Young
The Police
The Smiths
Michael Jackson
David Bowie
Daft Punk repeat performance
Pulp

I could go on and on...

:nono When will it ever happen?

But this raises a good question: which rumors will be the ones that don't pan out this year?

psycobetabuckdown
Oh and you just claimed Rage Against the Machine isn't rap. You should look up the definition of rap.

summerkid
European is not the same as American. The Strokes might headline if they had another hit or two. But no one in America has thought of them since 2003. Interpol is not popular in the mainstream, they can't headline. If you think Kings of Leon is a better get than Jay-Z you might be racist.

Jay-Z is bigger than the Beastie Boys. Bigger than Radiohead in America. You're missing the point anyway, you don't like rap music so you're hating on the idea of a rap headliner. Jay-Z's the biggest rapper of the last 10 years.

my main problem with Jay-Z as a headliner is the fact that he is playing Staples in March.

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Rashaman just can never win.

rashaman
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM

strokes' last album was 06, get your facts straight. just because someone is BIG in america DOES NOT mean they can headline coachella! thats my point. and yes, im biased because im not a huge rap fan, but neither are any of you or else you wouldnt be as obsessed with coachella as you are.

paulthomasanderson
01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
:nono When will it ever happen?

But this raises a good question: which rumors will be the ones that don't pan out this year?

Pulp really hits me hard.

Way too much bitching about Jay-Z. Can't wait to see how worse it gets come Tuesday.....

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
This is gonna be fun.
Ive never been psyched for the "hated" headliner before, so the next few months should be fun to play with.

me too :thu

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 08:13 PM
rashaman - Miley Cyrus may be a big seller now, but she's sold nowhere NEAR the amount of albums that Jay-Z has in his career. Look it up before posting bullshit like that.

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 08:14 PM

because it's ignorant to hate on something different at a music festival that is known for embracing all genres of music.

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
jesus, you guys have convulated arguments about total bullshit topics.

who the fucking fuck cares about jay-z, 1 artist out of over 140+ bands, get the FUCK OVER made up rumors and wait to argue on tuesday.

FUCK YOU.

rashaman
rashaman - Miley Cyrus may be a big seller now, but she's sold nowhere NEAR the amount of albums that Jay-Z has in his career. Look it up before posting bullshit like that.

imo:

miley
jay
kanye
jack johnson
jonas brothers

all in the same category: shitty

heart cooks brain
strokes' last album was 06, get your facts straight. just because someone is BIG in america DOES NOT mean they can headline coachella! thats my point. and yes, im biased because im not a huge rap fan, but neither are any of you or else you wouldnt be as obsessed with coachella as you are.

He's right...we are only allowed to be fans of one genre of music

No excuses!

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 08:15 PM
FUCK YOU.

They've got a point here.

rashaman

who the fucking fuck cares about jay-z, 1 artist out of over 140+ bands, get the FUCK OVER made up rumors and wait to argue on tuesday.

FUCK YOU.

you need help

TomServo
That's because the Dead Weather are playing.

Dead Weather aren't confirmed... but even if they were, there are plenty of Massive Attack/Gorillaz, Soundgarden/Pearl Jam, even Dirty Vultures/Led Zep situations being discussed, and nobody will ever doubt Jack White's ability to work two shows in three days.

Plus, raise your hand if you wouldn't trade a Dead Weather show for White Stripes. Anyone? Anyone?

Talking Jay-Z is just boring. Most folks on this board don't want this get, he's such a huge star you can buy all any type of ticket to his Staples show (meaning: not a sellout), and we're not big rap folks here. As I've said over and over, it means nothing to me.... except one less big band I'd really want to see. If Jay-Z on the lineup means no Beasties, Gorillaz, Faith No More.... well, that would upset me. Personally. But my tickets are bought and paid for, so it won't get me too down.

TickleMeElmo
Jay-Z fucking headlined Glastonbury. I think he can handle Coachella just fine.

jtovar21
my main problem with Jay-Z as a headliner is the fact that he is playing Staples in March.

This. The fact that he also headlined APW fest less than a year ago ( upgraded? from Beastie Boys) doesn't score brownie points either. I'm just hoping that day is stacked with other great artists...pagin' ORBITAL....

Boourns
01-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Pulp really hits me hard.

Way too much bitching about Jay-Z. Can't wait to see how worse it gets come Tuesday.....

Seriously. Remember how exciting things were at the end of October? Boo. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/oct/27/jarvis-cocker-hints-pulp-reunion)

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 08:17 PM

No one outside of music snobs listened to The Strokes' last album, get your facts straight. I bet 80% of the people on this board can't even name one of their albums besides the first one, and they are music snobs.

Kid, when you get to college or grow up or whatever I'm sure you'll expand your horizons a little bit and you'll realize the ignorance you're spreading. You don't think I'm a huge rap fan because I also like a lot of the other music at Coachella? Tell me, is Paul McCartney or Leonard Cohen indie rock? How about Aphex Twin? Hell, Interpol and The White Stripes are on major, corporate labels last I checked.

I'm not saying you can't go to Coachella just for the one genre of music you like, but you have to look at the history and realize that Coachella is diverse and not about one genre or two genres. It's not the Warped Tour, not Treasure Island, not Rothbury, not Ozzfest. Once again, look at the 1999 lineup. About a third or more are hip-hop acts.

Raptor Clinton

FUCK YOU.

How is arguing about made-up-headliners any worse than just plain ol' yelling at people on the internet?

rashaman
Jay-Z fucking headlined Glastonbury. I think he can handle Coachella just fine.

this is the type of ignorance that will eventually ruin this festival

mikeyskywalker
01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Let's talk about Bowie.

obzen
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Hahahaha.

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.uberti.com/firearms/images/bowie_knife_lg.jpg

ZackQ
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.uberti.com/firearms/images/bowie_knife_lg.jpg

THE KNIFE IS CONFIRMED!!1!

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Bowie and the Knife: joint set.

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-17-2010, 08:21 PM
How is arguing about made-up-headliners any worse than just plain ol' yelling at people on the internet?

maybe we should break the tension by making out?

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 08:21 PM

what does this even mean?

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 08:22 PM

How is that ignorant? Seems like a fair deduction to me.

TallGuyCM
I didn't want to have to do this, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

http://notesfromthebartender.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/kate_beckinsale1.jpg

boarderwoozel3

Are you cute? (Be honest)

MarkO
01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
This. Seriously, the undercard is going to be stacked as fuck and you bastards are worried about the headliners? At least we get no repeat headliners this year.

Headliners are a big deal for me as there is no way I'm going to CA just to see 15 or so 3rd to 4th line bands when I can see them (or most of them) here in OR when they come through. For me there has to be a *big* draw. It was RATM, Faithless and JAMC in '07, Kraftwerk & RW in '08.

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:23 PM

Excellent. Backseat makeout or candlelit makeout?

rashaman
01-17-2010, 08:25 PM
god damn who is THAT?

TickleMeElmo
01-17-2010, 08:25 PM

How so? You saying Glastonbury was ruined or something? Kid, you obviously have no fucking clue what you are talking about. When Jay-Z was tapped as Glasto's headliner, there was tons of bitching about it at first but blew EVERYBODY away when he finally stepped on stage.

On that same point, Jay-Z is BIGGER here in the US than in Europe and Glasto also has more prestige and a higher reputation to hold up than Coachella does and the bookers knew having someone like Jay-Z wouldn't tarnish the festival's history and I'm sure PT feels the same way.

You're really interjecting your personal feelings into this WAY too much. It's completely deluding your argument.

mikeyskywalker
01-17-2010, 08:26 PM
god damn who is THAT?

It's me! :3

TallGuyCM
god damn who is THAT?

Who, her?

http://hotcelebrity.name/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kate-beckinsale.jpg

paulthomasanderson
Let's talk about Bowie.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHASHHDAJKSHF

rashaman
How so? You saying Glastonbury was ruined or something? Kid, you obviously have no fucking clue what you are talking about. When Jay-Z was tapped as Glasto's headliner, there was tons of bitching about it at first but blew EVERYBODY away when he finally stepped on stage.

On that same point, Jay-Z is BIGGER here in the US than in Europe and Glasto also has more prestige and a higher reputation to hold up than Coachella does and the bookers knew having someone like Jay-Z wouldn't tarnish the festival's history and I'm sure PT feels the same way.

You're really interjecting your personal feelings into this WAY too much. It's completely deluding your argument.

the elmo thing is kinda weird

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Headliners are a big deal for me as there is no way I'm going to CA just to see 15 or so 3rd to 4th line bands when I can see them (or most of them) here in OR when they come through. For me there has to be a *big* draw. It was RATM, Faithless and JAMC in '07, Kraftwerk & RW in '08.

I hate to break it to you, but I used to live in Oregon, and you can't see shit in Oregon. If I still lived there, I'd be high-tailin' it to Coachella and every other halfway-decent festival in the country to see everyone I want to see.

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I hate to break it to you, but I used to live in Oregon, and you can't see shit in Oregon. If I still lived there, I'd be high-tailin' it to Coachella and every other halfway-decent festival in the country to see everyone I want to see.

MarkO didn't just move to Oregon, you know.

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Oh, you're right. He probably just doesn't know what he's talking about.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Now that the Jay-Z argument is resolved, anyone still holding out for Outkast?

TickleMeElmo
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
This. Seriously, the undercard is going to be stacked as fuck and you bastards are worried about the headliners? At least we get no repeat headliners this year.

The only reason I worry about headliners is that my friends who I try to convince coming with me aren't at all familiar with the undercard so those big names are really important in that sense. It took a big name like RATM to get most of mine to come with in '07.

I personally have no problem with Jay-Z headlining. Sure, I'd rather have someone else who I didn't just see last year at APW and someone who's playing in LA just THREE weeks before Coachella but to be honest, there are a ton of worst choices out there. Plus I know my friends will be stoked to see him headlining that day. I probably wouldn't watch though. Had a blast seeing him at APW but chances are there's gonna be something else I'd rather see in one of the tents.

karma_guy
01-17-2010, 08:36 PM

me
but i've also accepted it's not happening

paulb
01-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh great...

Raptor Clinton
01-17-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.bilerico.com/2009/11/red_herring2.gif

the goat
01-17-2010, 08:40 PM
In honor of that poster, I now expect Bowie to join Thom for Polyethylene (Thom part 1, The Man part 2, joining at "...plastic bag")

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhtaAnOaec8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhtaAnOaec8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sacleonard
01-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Stevie Wonder (as long as he stays away from the Jonas Brothers) would be a good headliner; I don't know why he's never considered...

-ECyX8A3iP0

faxman75
01-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Always.

karma_guy
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
it's going to be interesting around here once the lineup is out...

obzen
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
See, I'm all for Outkast.

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
But for now...

http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/kate-beckinsale-sexiest-woman-alive-2009-esquire-3.jpg

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh, you're right. He probably just doesn't know what he's talking about.

C'mon. You've gotta admit that when you look at a tour schedule for smaller bands and even bands with growing populariy, a great deal of them rarely venture into Oregon at all. That's all I was sayin'.

I guess I was urging Mark to go to Coachella no matter what--not to rely on headliners to get him there. Advice I'd give anyone, really-- not just Oregonians.

thom cobain
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
U2, REM, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Gorrilaz, White Stripes, Radiohead. These were the bands that i thought of when leaving the festival last year. I expected to see one or two of them in 2010.

Then i came on the boards and have been manipulated into thinking these bands can't play. yeah, i thought Muse, but as a sub headliner.

yet, i'd be satisfied with muse, jay-z, beasties. Coachella is so dope. doesn't matter who plays.

2's day

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
U2, REM, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Gorrilaz, White Stripes, Radiohead. These were the bands that i thought of when leaving the festival last year. I expected to see one or two of them in 2010.

Then i came on the boards and have been manipulated into thinking these bands can't play. yeah, i thought Muse, but as a sub headliner.

yet, i'd be satisfied with muse, jay-z, beasties. Coachella is so dope. doesn't matter who plays.

2's day

Gorillaz is playing.

TickleMeElmo
01-17-2010, 08:49 PM
U2, REM, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Gorillaz, White Stripes, Radiohead. These were the bands that i thought of when leaving the festival last year. I expected to see one or two of them in 2010.

There.

AbundantChoice
01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
It's either him or Tiesto. The other two have been determined pretty much.

If it's Tiesto I hope he brings back his 400-hour long Elements of Life intro video, if only to once again break the top barrier on the Pretentiousometer.

... okay maybe it's only five minutes, but it sure feels like 400 hours.

faxman75
01-17-2010, 08:53 PM
The spanish speaking are chiming in on their predictions.

El Festival que año tras año se realiza en Indio California, dio a conocer las fechas en las que tendrá lugar su edición 2010.

El próximo año Coachella se llevará a cabo del 16 al 18 de abril en el Empire Polo Field.

Fuentes cercanas al festival dan el siguiente line up como algo muy similar a lo que se revelará este próximo martes.

As Tall As Lions
Avett Brothers
Band of Skulls
Bassnectar
Beach House
Beastie Boys
Bonobo
Camera Obscura
Caravan Palace
Corinne Bailey Rae
Craze and Klever
Deerhunter
Devo
Dirty Projectors
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
El Gran Silencio
Faith No More
Florence and the Machine
Fool's Gold
Free Energy
Gary Numan
Girls
Gorillaz
Grace Jones
Grizzly Bear
Hockey
Hot Chip
Iglu & Hartly
Imogen Heap
jj
Kevin Devine
King Khan and the Shrines
LCD Soundsystem
Little Boots
Major Lazer
Matt and Kim
MGMT
Micachu & The Shapes
Miike Snow
Mumford and Sons
Muse
No Age
Orbital
Panda Bear
Passion Pit
Pavement
Perry Farrell
Phoenix
Pretty Lights
Public Image Ltd
Quantic
RX Bandits
She and Him
Steel Train
Sleepy Sun
Soundgarden
Spoon
Tallest Man on Earth
Tegan and Sara
The Antlers
The Big Pink
The Cribs
The Dead Weather
The Fresh and Onlys
The Gossip
The Raveonettes
The xx
Them Crooked Vultures
Thom Yorke (from Radiohead)
Vampire Weekend
Yeasayer
Zoé

Headliner Viernes - Muse
Headliner Sábado David Bowie o Jay Z with special guest
Headlines Domingo - Gorillaz

Goldenvoice (organizadores del festival) ha intentado contar con la presencia de David Bowie en ediciones pasadas ¿será el 2010 la fecha?

El line up completo del festival que se realiza año con año en Indio California se da a conocer las primeras semanas de Enero en esta ocasión será el próximo martes 19 de Enero.

Warp te matendrá informado.

Stickjohn
01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
A link to this was posted earlier. Saturday night is interesting.

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Yep, a little late faxy. ;)

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
thats from monklish

DFrank
01-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I've never been so excited for a TUUUESSSDAAAYY before.

yeahfontaine
They DID add Bowie to the copied and pasted Monklish blog, though, and I noticed no one said anything about that. Thoughts? Why the out-of-the-blue add?

TallGuyCM
Somehow I think their "headliner Sabado" prediction is going to be completely wrong.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 09:03 PM
They DID add Bowie to the copied and pasted Monklish blog, though, and I noticed no one said anything about that. Thoughts? Why the out-of-the-blue add?

Because that's all the board has been talking about for the last day or two? The don't have any info.

karma_guy
01-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Somehow I think their "headliner Sabado" prediction is going to be completely wrong.

if they think it's "el senor morrissey"
then yes

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 09:05 PM
if they think it's "el senor morrissey"
then yes

They think EVERYTHING is "el senor morrissey" or "los cure".

MarkO
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM

We've been jipped by Radiohead, Daft Punk and Paul Weller.

Most bands do play here. If I lived in Bellingham, I'd ...................... keep that to myself.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Was Paul Weller good last year? No one talks about him.

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Because that's all the board has been talking about for the last day or two? The don't have any info.

That's all the board ever talks about. He IS part of the holy trinity...ya know. So again, I think it's weird that they threw him in there. I'm probably just projecting my own desire for Bowie to be there, though. And I was doing so well maintaining my grip on reality, dammit.

karma_guy
01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
so is there a consensus band that is expected to be at coachella that everyone really doesn't want to see?
like steve aoki last year

MarkO
01-17-2010, 09:09 PM
C'mon. You've gotta admit that when you look at a tour schedule for smaller bands and even bands with growing populariy, a great deal of them rarely venture into Oregon at all. That's all I was sayin'. .........

You're out of your gourd.

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 09:09 PM
If I lived in Bellingham, I'd ...................... keep that to myself.

OH NO YOU DI'NT!!! PACIFIC NORTHWEST RIVARLY!!!

MarkO
01-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Was Paul Weller good last year? No one talks about him.

I remember asking and I guess there wasn't too many people at his set which is disappointing if true. I saw him a few nights prior to Coachella '09 in Seattle and he was great.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
That's all the board ever talks about. He IS part of the holy trinity...ya know. So again, I think it's weird that they threw him in there. I'm probably just projecting my own desire for Bowie to be there, though. And I was doing so well maintaining my grip on reality, dammit.

They don't follow the board all year, they follow it now because the lineup's coming out. So they have no idea what we talk about all year. They probably think Bowie actually has a chance of happening based on these discussions.

so is there a consensus band that is expected to be at coachella that everyone really doesn't want to see?

Don't think so, yet. Passion Pit is the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe David Guetta if he's playing?

Oh, Iglu and Hartly

Alchemy
01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I saw Paul Weller at Coachella and he was amazing. He didn't play as many songs as I would have liked, but it was great. Johnny Marr joined him on the stage and they played "Town Called Malice" together.

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
We've been jipped by Radiohead, Daft Punk and Paul Weller.

Most bands do play here. If I lived in Bellingham, I'd ...................... keep that to myself.

Huh. Okay. I love being situated between two metropolises for shows and events, 15 miles away from a fantastic snowsports mountain, in reach of over 10 lakes to swim in, and also having a pretty vibrant local music scene right here in town, but to each his own.

For the record (again), I wasn't trying to be nasty. I was urging you to go to Coachella. That's pretty much it.

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Johnny Marr was at Coachella last year?!

Fuck Morrissey

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey prickos, Gonzaga sucks.

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Whoa. Just me, or has site been reeeeeaaaallll glitchy for the last twenty minutes or so? I couldn't even get to the board for 15 minutes, and I tried my laptop, my wife's laptop, and my iphone.

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey prickos, Gonzaga sucks.

Wha? Who the fuck cares about Gonzaga?

heart cooks brain
sounds like your shit's fucked up

karma_guy
Whoa. Just me, or has site been reeeeeaaaallll glitchy for the last twenty minutes or so? I couldn't even get to the board for 15 minutes, and I tried my laptop, my wife's laptop, and my iphone.

not for me
though they're probably doing background stuff in preparation of the exponential increase in traffic come tuesday

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Wha? Who the fuck cares about Gonzaga?

:) Nothing, I just don't have any other disses for Washington. I guess it's pretty depressing with all the rain, huh? Take that.

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
sounds like your shit's fucked up

highly doubt it

heart cooks brain
01-17-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm just sayin' it's been fine on my end

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 09:18 PM
not for me
though they're probably doing background stuff in preparation of the exponential increase in traffic come tuesday

huh. weird. maybe I'm just high-strung about every little "page not found" at this point.

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
:) Nothing, I just don't have any other disses for Washington. I guess it's pretty depressing with all the rain, huh? Take that.

Hahahaha- way to break the tension.

Visit gaypalmsprings' "It's raining dry weather" thread if you want some really nice rain wallpaper. Rain kicks ass.

GnarVee
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM

I sadly hope that band is 30 Seconds To Mars....

...only so I can get my lame friends to chip in on gas.

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 09:21 PM
I sadly hope that band is 30 Seconds To Mars....

...only so I can get my lame friends to chip in on gas.

get new friends, sir

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 09:22 PM
by the way...a little over 25 hours to get this thread to 500 pages. just sayin'.

karma_guy
01-17-2010, 09:23 PM
by the way...a little over 25 hours to get this thread to 500 pages. just sayin'.

i think we won't have any problems with that lol

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
get new friends, sir

No shit. Between this thread and the lineup thread, it looks like in every group of mainstream radio-listenin' sheep, there is one person who seeks out and goes to see innovative and interesting music. And this one person becomes a sad panda as Coachella approaches because they fear it will be impossible to drag their 30 seconds to mars-lovin' friends to the festival.

Maybe we could help these people out. We should start a site that looks super-legit, but has a fake poster that has a bunch of mainstream bullshit bands on it to fool all the lame-ass friends into buying tickets.

Let's see...who all would be on the fake poster? Help me out.

the goat
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Just to hear Him sing "She used to be beautiful once, as well"

And to hear/see Thom playin Johnny's riff while He is singing

psycobetabuckdown
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Hahahaha- way to break the tension.

Visit gaypalmsprings' "It's raining dry weather" thread if you want some really nice rain wallpaper. Rain kicks ass.

wait did I go to the right thread? the only picture I saw was of a foggy forest.

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 09:29 PM

Honestly? At this point? Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, David Guetta, Jason Derulo, Black Eyed Peas, B Spears, Tay-Swift....

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Since when has it been 'Tay or Tay Tay Swift' anyway? And where did that come from? Serious question.

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:32 PM
wait did I go to the right thread? the only picture I saw was of a foggy forest.

Oh, that's right. I put a rainforest pic up 'cause I was giving GPS shit about southern California folks needing some greenery to overtake the concrete jungle. Sorry if your hopes were dashed. :)

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Since when has it been 'Tay or Tay Tay Swift' anyway? And where did that come from? Serious question.

Serious answer - for me it came from a twenty-year-old wyld 94.9 listener I happen to work with. I'm sure, before that, it was in magazines. Or, more likely, on some sort of blog run by someone with pink hair and a chipoodle.

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:35 PM

That is straight-up sickening. I hadn't heard that 'til now.

Let's see, who else would it be? Limp Bizkit or something? I'm having trouble with this because I have a separate problem. I have hippie-music loving friends. So I'd have to make a separate site with Widespread Panic, String Cheese Incident, Medeski, Martin and Wood, Phish and some other terrible shit in order to get my friends to come. Sad confession.

Edit: Luckily, I have a husband with kick-ass taste in music, so I don't give a shit what shows my friends come to. I've always got a show-partner.

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Serious answer - for me it came from a twenty-year-old wyld 94.9 listener I happen to work with. I'm sure, before that, it was in magazines. Or, more likely, on some sort of blog run by someone with pink hair and a chipoodle.

Good times. Every once in a while I'll get a snippet of the pop culture I aim to avoid. It's good for a laugh or two.

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 09:50 PM

This is a bad direction for this thread to take.

yeahfontaine
01-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I suppose you're right.

...The radical reconstruction of the South after the Civil War was neither radical nor a reconstruction...

Discuss.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't aim to be funny with him, I feel like making him cry.

Sorry to derail the thread, go Jets!

lol making me cry? the only tears that will be streaming down my face will be those of laughter! Laughing at how pathetic you are.

You cant make someone cry if you use the same pathetic insults over and over. Its like im fighting with a child! What next, you gunna push me down? HA!

You're a waste of sperm and egg, and you're a waste of my time. (however i do get a raging boner at the failure of your posts)

and it sounds like a hit a soft spot? awww poor wittle babyyyyy.
cry me a river, you schmuck.

Boourns

Gorillaz, Orbital, Thom Yorke

boyalien0
I suppose you're right.

...The radical reconstruction of the South after the Civil War was neither radical nor a reconstruction...

Discuss.

I lol'd.

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Gorillaz, Orbital, Thom Yorke

I lol'd again.

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I still don't buy Jay-Z, but that being said IF he does headline, even though he hasn't sold out the staples center yet, it is a GV venue and it will probably sell out. And I guarantee you he wouldn't do the same set at Coachella that he will at Staples.

AND considering if he is the saturday headliner, that day is the easiest to sell, especially with the stacked undercard that is expected this year. Just sayin...

But jay-z still doesn't make sense unless they just ran out of options on their 3rd headliner.

you sure? it's funny that people COMPLETELY reject someone like Pearl Jam who recognizes the moment and judges the setlist/covers accordingly but have open arms to someone who plays the same set every night...not to mention, it still blows my mind that Kanye and Lupe get so much hate while Jay is applauded here...Jay is a fucking puppet while also being a puppeteer yet people fail to see this...

heart cooks brain
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Jay-Z is an infinitely better rapper then both of those guys

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 10:04 PM
you sure? it's funny that people COMPLETELY reject someone like Pearl Jam who recognizes the moment and judges the setlist/covers accordingly but have open arms to someone who plays the same set every night...not to mention, it still blows my mind that Kanye and Lupe get so much hate while Jay is applauded here...Jay is a fucking puppet while also being a puppeteer yet people fail to see this...

Q.F.T.

Well, about PJ anyway. A hits heavy set would blow minds.

archimmes
01-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Let's all wish well for poor Dr. lufsalot. it's father won't be using a condom when he assrapes it with his aids-filled pee pee tonight.

QCLUY9G69gs

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Q.F.T.

Agreed. I don't get the PJ hate. They still KILL it live, and play to the crowd like pros.

mfnalaska
01-17-2010, 10:11 PM
That, or you people need to expand your musical palette.

I'll expand your palette

with my DICK

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 10:12 PM

His setlists at Glasto, APW and his show at Madison Square Garden on 9/11/09 all had different specialized set lists. I'm sure he would do the same for Coachella.

boyalien0
Let's all wish well for poor Dr. lufsalot. it's father won't be using a condom when he assrapes it with his aids-filled pee pee tonight.

hey dicksuck. go fuck yourself, and die of the AIDs.

Still-ill
I think a lot of us simply don't enjoy their music. (Nor what their music helped spawn)

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-17-2010, 10:13 PM

lol projection much?

Its cool to come out and let us know what really happened, we'd understand, we're a loving community.

But c'mon, "pee pee"? With every post you make me think more and more that you're some little 15 year old prick sitting behind his compter going "gahhhh that lufs-al-ot, ill get you next time!!!!!!11!11!oneone"

:lool

boyalien0
I'll expand your palette

with my DICK

fuck your mother with that wit?

PJandBompton
Jay-Z is an infinitely better rapper then both of those guys

you sure about that? don't let Jays hits fool you, Lupe runs LAPS around him...

and Jay would be wallowing in obscurity if not for Kanye and Just Blaze saving his ass with the Blueprint.

Smoke and Mirrors. Smoke and Mirrors.

bludevil007
their set at ACL was absurdly good.

Still-ill
01-17-2010, 10:14 PM
You and your Lupe fucking Fiasco

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Jay-Z and Lupe are equals lyrically IMHO, but Hova's got the swagger and the personality that makes him a huge star.

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 10:15 PM
His setlists at Glasto, APW and his show at Madison Square Garden on 9/11/09 all had different specialized set lists. I'm sure he would do the same for Coachella.

:nono I assume you took this from MY post earlier?

they had MINOR differences aside from MSG...both involved the opening song and for APW, Brooklyn Go Hard thrown in....

the MSG show was EASILY one of the biggest hip-hop shows/moments in recent history but it would be impossible to pull off at a fest...

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
:nono I assume you took this from MY post earlier?

they had MINOR differences aside from MSG...both involved the opening song and for APW, Brooklyn Go Hard thrown in....

the MSG show was EASILY one of the biggest hip-hop shows/moments in recent history but it would be impossible to pull off at a fest...

Are you kidding the Glasto performance was completely different.

bludevil007
01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
^^i mean PJ. But seriously, i wont believe it's Jayz until it's on the poster. I still think we're in for a surprise, and honestly, i dont think people like monklish or COS know jack shit about who the third headliner is. Why would anyone who knows leak that info to any of those two? I actually like reading COS, but come on... no one saw the cure last year (as much of a cop-out as it was) - so i doubt people have the three headliners this year. Jayz has been rumored for days - i.e., it's not him.

Kid B
01-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Q.F.T.

Srsly

It would be amazing.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fA1EeKrtDjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fA1EeKrtDjc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2DsEoTynZ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2DsEoTynZ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bMpsuOgdLvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bMpsuOgdLvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 10:19 PM
You and your Lupe fucking Fiasco

unlike some artists, i don't have to talk Lupe up. the lyrics speak for themselves...

Flow can't be seen
Like it took one in the face
I'm heavy *****, tow can't be seen
Like I'm repossessing a Chevy *****
Don't hang with those niggas those cant be safe
Even in they panic rooms
I will soon be forest to the floor of this
Stethoscope to the door of it
Listenin for the break
And I don't care how long gettin the combination takes
I be concentrating on the crack, get it straight
I was so high up the food chain that which I mentioned before
I ain't know how to make
I master shake like Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Already number 1 in the hood G
It's like my third deal off Could Be
Get it focused, one of the coldest you gonna run across
Like it was stolen from a under boss
Spent for stack and sold to another boy
He might never get it back
So whoever got it gettin' whacked if they ever get caught
Now that's what I call reaction to a chain snatchin
Game got 'bout as much compassion as The Passion
So it gotta make a comeback, just like a champion

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
I run it back to that last piece of action
My necklace was took-en by detective
I don't stress it I just gather up my essence
As real as the view through my Cartier correctives, yeah
But now back to the punchin
Back to floor/flow like crunchin
Got a 6 pack on the low now I'm sunk in
Look like I'm driving from the back seat
With a bird shotgun like I'm huntin
You see what happened
I made a call, and she got fly
I was pumping, hit her up
Then I sent my dog to go and pick her up
Camouflaged fitted cut to the left velours, how I did it up
And to the whole Westside, I tip it up
And over to the single baby momma wit no job that gotta WIC it up
To all my niggas in the CCDOC waiting on they quick collect to come
So they can live it up
And to my niggas that liquor they livers up and distribute cut in the belly
Sit it up

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
In the abdomen is Madison from which I came
But this my gang
FNF crew, first and fifteen
Bear arms like Lebat Blue
Oh yes its bullets in the toasters as many as the clips that the gun hold
And they itchin to come up out the magazine like the posters that unfold
So my heat like Tigerbeat
I got the shotgun in the driver's seat
So if Lupe's a coupe, my man is a sedan
If there's more than 2 of us, then you up against a van
If I'm leavin, then you leavin
If your niggas wanna come, y'all can ride with me
It's just gonna be a lot of squeezin
Ya understand?
That I don't need Caroline calculator to divide defeat
Just lean a little closer
The flows are his as roses is
So override your pride and decide retreat
It's suicide to me
Like a broke stock broker and a sidewalk
Y'all niggas ain't fly as me
That's why I defy physics and y'all niggas collidin, peace
I'm up here with the Leers
Y'all down down there with the airs
Emperors in the mirror, you're playing with a pair
***** I is we
Twice the MC like mc-squared
Trust, I make it relate
I got the poker-face and I'm hiding a flush
Still riding the beat
With a air that still smells like roses from Andre 3000
My housing surroundings is what made me me
And that's two times the G
You see how I doubled that the third time, ***** please

the goat
01-17-2010, 10:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/knFojb020bY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/knFojb020bY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"So am I compelled to carry the gospel of freedom beyond my own hometown."

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Are you kidding the Glasto performance was completely different.

i'll have to check again but i'm pretty sure it was the same set i saw in Irvine + Wonderwall...

heart cooks brain
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM

His set at Lolla was a fuckin fiasco

icarus
01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Just like to point out that there are quite a few of us that read these threads and don't post on most of them. And this thread has turned into a bunch of fucking moronic bullshit.

Please try to post stuff that is relevant to some part of the festival. Thank you.

Still-ill
01-17-2010, 10:22 PM
unlike some artists, i don't have to talk Lupe up. the lyrics speak for themselves...

I master shake like Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Already number 1 in the hood G
[...]
Game got 'bout as much compassion as The Passion
So it gotta make a comeback, just like a champion

Hey... you're right!

whynotsmile99
01-17-2010, 10:23 PM
If Jay Z is there it would be nice if he didn't play Empire State of Mind. not going to happen of course, but that song is so overplayed it's not even funny. and no one at coachella wants to hear more bullshit new york city boasting.
it would be great if he just said "i don't want to rap it again, you don't want to hear it again" and played Cashmere Thoughts instead
3Jx3jGAlKG0

boarderwoozel3
I still think we need LED lights covering the ceiling in the Sahara.... yes? Yes.

FoxeyLady
If Jay Z is there it would be nice if he didn't play Empire State of Mind. not going to happen of course, but that song is so overplayed it's not even funny. and no one at coachella wants to hear more bullshit new york city boasting.
it would be great if he just said "i don't want to rap it again, you don't want to hear it again" and played Cashmere Thoughts instead

This

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey... you're right!

hey you took the cheesiest parts of the verse and highlighted them! congrats!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-17-2010, 10:25 PM
I still think we need LED lights covering the ceiling in the Sahara.... yes? Yes.

I must commend your push for this.

God speed sailor, god speed.

whynotsmile99

fully support this. that and some sort of water, bubbles, foam and 3D screens too

PJandBompton
Jay performing Reasonable Doubt in it's entirety would be INSANE! I've always thought he should hit Rock the Bells tour and do this...

bludevil007
01-17-2010, 10:26 PM
3Jx3jGAlKG0

there's nothing wrong with NYC.

only the birthplace of hip hop...

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 10:28 PM
fully support this. that and some sort of water, bubbles, foam and 3D screens too

Well, the lights and screens are doable. But the extra water and foam, while awesome, wouldn't jive with the grass after three days. Unfortunately.

FoxeyLady
01-17-2010, 10:28 PM
LED's would be sick, the Sahara really needs to be way more psychedelic and tripped out this year.

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Yes it does. It felt a little bare last year. Those big balls never lived up to expectations. More tippy stuff please.

Sushov23
01-17-2010, 10:37 PM

and Jay would be wallowing in obscurity if not for Kanye and Just Blaze saving his ass with the Blueprint.

Smoke and Mirrors. Smoke and Mirrors.

dude, listen to Reasonable Doubt, and Vol.1 again. Once finished, pop in The Black Album, then come back. trust me, do this. It's for your own good. Also, I don't deny that Kanye did have a huge influence in making the Blueprint what it eventually did for hova's career.

GnarVee
01-17-2010, 10:41 PM

Yes, It's on and poppin'

Yes, the parties rockin'

Yes, the cuties shockin'

Yes, and there ain't no stoppin'

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 10:42 PM
dude, listen to Reasonable Doubt, and Vol.1 again. Once finished, pop in The Black Album, then come back. trust me, do this. It's for your own good. Also, I don't deny that Kanye did have a huge influence in making the Blueprint what it eventually did for hova's career.

Jay performing Reasonable Doubt in it's entirety would be INSANE! I've always thought he should hit Rock the Bells tour and do this...

but anyways...i'm not doubting Hov...i'm far and away one of his biggest fans on the board. it's just disgusting the hype thrown his way by the board when similar artists are BLASTED...

and yes, Black Album is insane as well...

boyalien0
01-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I got 99 problems and a lineup ain't one....

heart cooks brain
01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
It also doesn't help Kanye that he is such a douchebag I refuse to give him any of my money

boarderwoozel3
01-17-2010, 10:46 PM
I beg to differ. From where I'm sitting that goddamn lineup is problem #1 >:[

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
I have acquired four score and 19 difficulties but a wench cannot be counted among them

hayooooooooooooo

heart cooks brain
01-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Talk about spittin hot fire

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 10:54 PM

or knowing about the Joseph Ducreux memes...

heart cooks brain
01-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I'd rather not even know what a meme is

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-17-2010, 11:08 PM

They dont call me Dylan for a reason

think about it

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 11:09 PM
They dont call me Dylan for a reason

think about it

in the words of LUPE! haha

"spittin hot fire like Dylan in Chappelle skit"

heart cooks brain
01-17-2010, 11:10 PM
those are some really inspired lyrics

PJandBompton
01-17-2010, 11:14 PM
those are some really inspired lyrics

you are a moron look at the post above mine. it just so happens that lupe has lyrics that relate to what he is talking about