PDA

View Full Version : Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 06:41 AM
the line up will probably leak Monday night or sooner if we get the infamous lurker that usually does this. We will probably know the headliners before the actual line up.

Otherwise expect KROQ to announce it at 9a PST.

paulb
01-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Cool. Tuesday. So, what time? Do we have to wait for KROQ to anounce it? Or will we get the poster sometime just after midnight?

Comon Josh, I can't believe you of all people would ask that, you know how the game runs here.

Ardentbiscuit
01-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Twitter.com/outsideorg

I don't think he was ever even really a valid rumor.

Edit.

Hopefully Bowie will eventually come out of his semi retirement.

sacleonard
01-16-2010, 07:35 AM
The Velvet Underground rumor is too amazing to even contemplate, so I'm not going to. Oddly enough, they were about the only missing from that 1977 poster from the other day.

That's b/c they broke up in 1973.

stephen22
01-16-2010, 07:37 AM
well if Gorillaz really play, and they really play Plastic Beach, and Lou Reed is really there......

then there better be a Lou Reed solo set.

Grant
01-16-2010, 07:48 AM
I don't think he was ever even really a valid rumor.

Edit.

Hopefully Bowie will eventually come out of his semi retirement.

While having his management state that he won't be there makes his appearance incredibly less likely now, I wouldn't call him out just yet. Remember the denials, even from GV, about Prince playing. I'm not saying I think Bowie will be there 110%, but there's an extremely slight chance they could be denying it for the time being.

Ardentbiscuit
01-16-2010, 07:50 AM
While having his management state that he won't be there makes his appearance incredibly less likely now, I wouldn't call him out just yet. Remember the denials, even from GV, about Prince playing. I'm not saying I think Bowie will be there 110%, but there's an extremely slight chance they could be denying it for the time being.

That's true. I just don't want to set myself up for a big let down.

Grant
01-16-2010, 07:52 AM
And that's what you should do. If he's on the poster, then it will be a pleasant surprise. If not, no biggie.

gaypalmsprings
01-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2010:
April 16-18, 2010 - Indio, CA (Empire Polo Club)

Latest Updates: 1/16 - Rumored: Jay-Z, Thom Yorke; An update!

Confirmed:

Expected:

* Aeroplane —
* As Tall As Lions —
* Beach House —
* The Big Pink —
* Camera Obscura —
* Caravan Palace —
* Corinne Bailey Rae —
* Craze & Klever —
* Deerhunter —
* Devo —
* El Gran Silencio —
* Gorillaz —
* Hockey —
* Hot Chip —
* Iglu & Hartly —
* Kevin Devine —
* LCD Soundsystem —
* Mayer Hawthorne —
* Miike Snow —
* Muse —
* Passion Pit —
* Phoenix —
* Porcupine Tree —
* The Raveonettes —
* Spoon —
* Vampire Weekend —
* The xx —
* Yeasayer —
* Zo —

Rumored:

* The Avett Brothers —
* Bassnectar —
* Beastie Boys —
* Cornelius —
* The Cribs —
* The Dead Weather —
* Deftones —
* Dirty Projectors —
* Echo & the Bunnymen —
* Elvis Costello —
* Faith No More —
* Jay-Z —
* jj —
* Imogen Heap —
* Major Lazer —
* Mew —
* Pavement —
* Pretty Lights —
* RX Bandits —
* She & Him —
* The Smashing Pumpkins —
* Soundgarden —
* Tegan & Sara —
* Tiesto —
* Thom Yorke —
* Treasure Fingers —
* Wilco —

dilfpot
01-16-2010, 07:58 AM
hot chip is what im most excited for. (:

the goat
01-16-2010, 08:15 AM
That's b/c they broke up in 1973.

Well, Coachella is famous for reunions. Of course, by that logic, they shoulda put the Beatles on the poster, too.

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 08:19 AM
the line up will probably leak Monday night or sooner if we get the infamous lurker that usually does this. We will probably know the headliners before the actual line up.

If Kevin and Bean end up being the very first ones to announce it it will be between 7:00 and 7:30 am, that is when they do ALL of their big announcements, because that is when most people tune in.
I'm expecting the lineup to be up on the site first anyway though.

sacleonard
01-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, Coachella is famous for reunions. Of course, by that logic, they shoulda put the Beatles on the poster, too.

I wasn't questioning the chances for a reunion. I was explaining why they wouldn't be listed on the 1977 poster.

MissingPerson
01-16-2010, 08:33 AM
fucking AF & Bowie.

I know, right? Goddammit.

bludevil007
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
as awesome as bowie would be, im convinced it will just never happen. I mean, he's obviously into a lot of newer music - curating the Highline Festival in NY for example. And i guess of all US festivals, Coachella would be the one he'd play, based on that alone - or maybe APW, given his love of NY. But i still think the most realistic old school group is the Rolling Stones - i mean, at least they didnt deny Coachella specifically - they just said no "tour" in 2010.

also, i'm watching Demon Dayz Live at home right now - forgot how phenomenal this is.

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 08:40 AM
as awesome as bowie would be, im convinced it will just never happen. I mean, he's obviously into a lot of newer music - curating the Highline Festival in NY for example. And i guess of all US festivals, Coachella would be the one he'd play, based on that alone - or maybe APW, given his love of NY. But i still think the most realistic old school group is the Rolling Stones - i mean, at least they didnt deny Coachella specifically - they just said no "tour" in 2010.

also, i'm watching Demon Dayz Live at home right now - forgot how phenomenal this is.

I think if Bowie ever played a festival it would probably be Glastonbury.

MissingPerson
01-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I think this deserves another go.

http://i.imgur.com/PUNth.jpg

That baby looks like Patton Oswalt.

http://i.imgur.com/Q5ChE.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/KenMixtape/qQMRm.jpg

bludevil007
01-16-2010, 08:45 AM
I think if Bowie ever played a festival it would probably be Glastonbury.

agreed. that's why i said "US" festivals. I think he'd probably make his comeback in the uk.

goldfromla
01-16-2010, 08:48 AM
where did the original poster get the info on HARD SAN FRANSISCO

the goat
01-16-2010, 09:00 AM
I wasn't questioning the chances for a reunion. I was explaining why they wouldn't be listed on the 1977 poster.

No, I meant a 1977 reunion. That's why I mentioned the Beatles, as well. If you're gonna make a fake poster, might as well go all the way. As far as this year, VU already reunited back in 93 or 94, so its possible. I won't believe it til I see it on the poster, though.

Ardentbiscuit
01-16-2010, 09:01 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/xonxjs.jpg

He can be in Zoolander but not play Coachella. :(

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 09:06 AM
So basically these are our options for headliners?

Muse
Gorillaz
Rolling Stones
Jay Z
Soundgarden
Beastie Boys

I guess this is why they created the Sahara.

:nono

Monklish
01-16-2010, 09:08 AM

I was hoping you were gone.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 09:09 AM

Muse
Gorillaz
Rolling Stones
Jay Z
Soundgarden
Beastie Boys

I guess this is why they created the Sahara.

Your Sahara is going to look like this:
Grace Jones
LCD Soundsystem
Gary Numan
Orbital
Tiesto

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Grace Jones
LCD Soundsystem
Gary Numan
Orbital
Tiesto

:winkiss

http://fmusic.sakura.ne.jp/site/fmusic/img/1443-2.jpg

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-16-2010, 09:12 AM
You all seem to be forgetting the Jack Johnson/Killers of this year, and that would be.. Coldplay.

Foucault
01-16-2010, 09:14 AM
The Velvet Underground rumor is too amazing to even contemplate, so I'm not going to. Oddly enough, they were about the only missing from that 1977 poster from the other day.

Would be brilliant tho, playing the Warhol album in its entirety... Didn't they just reunite for a one-off show or something?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 09:19 AM
You all seem to be forgetting the Jack Johnson/Killers of this year, and that would be.. Coldplay.

I would love it if Coldplay turned out to be the 3rd headliner.

Grant
01-16-2010, 09:19 AM
ewwwww plz no

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 09:20 AM
ewwwww plz no

with the amount of conflicts you're going to wish it was Coldplay.

Grant
01-16-2010, 09:22 AM
I watch a lil' bit of errythin'

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 09:39 AM
with the amount of conflicts you're going to wish it was Coldplay.

Truth. I'm actually worried that this year I will want to see all 3 headliners, as dumb as that sounds, because usually some of my favorite sets of the weekend occur during headliners that I don't care to see.

Coldplay and Jay-Z just played APW though, for some reason I just don't think GV would want to recycle headliners so soon, unless they were forced too...

kitt kat
01-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Had to come back to tell you all how STUPID you fucking are.

The VU WILL NOT AND WILL NEVER EVER EVER play together again.

1. They have stated that to play without Sterling Morrison (hint hint, he's DEAD people.) wouldn't be the VU and they weren't interested.

2. John Cale and Lou Reed STILL hate one another. (And probably a good reason why Cale wasn't around for the NYPL thing.)

3. They DIDN'T "just reunite for a one off" like some idiot just said. Reed, Tucker and Yule got together to celebrate their new coffee table retrospective. They didn't PLAY.

Ok, if there's ONE THING I know about in this world, it's the VU. They will not play.

Idiots.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-16-2010, 09:54 AM
https://images.tmuscle.com/forum_images/2/5/25ad8-slow_clap.gif

bludevil007
01-16-2010, 09:55 AM

1. They have stated that to play without Sterling Morrison (hint hint, he's DEAD people.) wouldn't be the VU and they weren't interested.

2. John Cale and Lou Reed STILL hate one another. (And probably a good reason why Cale wasn't around for the NYPL thing.)

3. They DIDN'T "just reunite for a one off" like some idiot just said. Reed, Tucker and Yule got together to celebrate their new coffee table retrospective. They didn't PLAY.

Ok, if there's ONE THING I know about in this world, it's the VU. They will not play.

Idiots.

So much anger. That's why twitter sucks, you could never express that in 140 characters or less.

Monklish
01-16-2010, 09:58 AM
The Velvet Underground aren't all that good either. Moving on.

MilesOzog,PitchforkEditor
01-16-2010, 10:04 AM

Idiots.

Kitty's got claws.

HAMMERHEAD
01-16-2010, 10:05 AM

except for the fact that coldplay would have an audience...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 10:07 AM

Idiots.

Who are you directing this to?

bmack86
01-16-2010, 10:13 AM
My band just got confirmed. We all play the Gut Bucket and sing songs about the war of 1812. I guess we're opening the Gobi. Pretty excited.

Foucault
01-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Idiots.

Wow, thanks for drilling me a new hole, beyotch. We've got to get you set-up with Randy/"Monklish": you're combined hate would be enough to bring down the Burj Dubai...

Still-ill
01-16-2010, 10:21 AM
My band just got confirmed. We all play the Gut Bucket and sing songs about the war of 1812. I guess we're opening the Gobi. Pretty excited.

Please tell me this is true.

weeklymix
01-16-2010, 10:32 AM

Idiots.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/2884291063_a97e610c35.jpg

Gribbz
01-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Kit Katt just trolls these days.

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Listen you dumb bitches! I am NOT headlining Coachella! Jesus, you all are idiots.

1. GV never fucking asked me.

2. My Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was a one-off, as in JUST ONE FUCKING SHOW, SO FUCK OFF ABOUT MORE.

3. I hate myself.

I wrote a thesis on myself, so I know this.

You stupid turkeys!

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 10:35 AM

Idiots.

http://www.encircling.us/pics/Animated%20GIFs/300slap.gif

weeklymix
01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
On second thought:

Ok, if there's ONE THING I know about in this world, it's pretending to know everything.

Idiots.

Fixed.

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 10:43 AM
So anyways, what do you guys think about those rumors about VU playing? I think it's legit.

archimmes
01-16-2010, 10:47 AM

I welcome this, they are on my "would only see if they played a festival" list, along with U2.

archimmes
01-16-2010, 10:49 AM
So anyways, what do you guys think about those rumors about VU playing? I think it's legit.

No one under the age of 40 would care IMO. I certainly don't.

suprefan
01-16-2010, 10:51 AM
guys, I just thought of something. What if it's Pink Floyd doing the wall, what if the whole planned summer tour is really Gilmour, and Waters doing the wall as Pink Floyd? what ya think?

I think youre a fucking idiot for thinking that because its not happening.(both parts, performance at the festival and gilmour even thinking of being on stage with Waters again) You can wait until he comes to The Hollywood Bowl in September alright?

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
I thought you don't curse, supre?

Hannahrain
01-16-2010, 10:58 AM
No one under the age of 40 would care IMO. I certainly don't.

Anyone going to take this one?

justinaqui
01-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Silly children.

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 11:05 AM

I would, Hannah, but I'm 43 years old, so I don't think I'm qualified.

the goat
01-16-2010, 11:06 AM

I'm tempted to keep talking about it, if for no other reason than to continue aggravating kittkatt.

yeahfontaine

Do we need to? It's a ridiculous statement. End of story.

FoxeyLady
I'd be excited about a VU reunion, not ecstatic though. I'm 20 btw.

I'd take Lou Reed w/Gorillaz over VU if I had to choose between the two, but thats just cause I absolutely LOVE Gorillaz.

Monklish
01-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Actually I think it's mostly accurate, present company excluded. Plus from what I've heard they were never all that good at performing live.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve7268 View Post

Muse
Gorillaz
Rolling Stones
Jay Z
Soundgarden
Beastie Boys

Grace Jones
LCD Soundsystem
Gary Numan
Orbital
Tiesto

I heard all of these names outside of Soundgarden and Rolling Stones are supposedly confirmed too which is why I'm not believing them. Trickery and pulling people's chains seems to be the inside joke for a lot of the board vets who sit comfy behind their computers with information that actually is true as if we who can wait for the actual poster to come out care lol

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Actually I think it's mostly accurate, present company excluded. Plus from what I've heard they were never all that good at performing live.

Yeah that's the only reason I wouldn't be over the moon about it, I just think it might be kind of a boring show, because I've heard they weren't that great live as well. VU is great on record though.

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't think Gary Numan would be in the Sahara.

Monklish
01-16-2010, 11:12 AM
I'd rather see Lou Reed perform Perfect Day 10 times in a row and then die.

MarkO
01-16-2010, 11:12 AM

Blech.

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 11:13 AM

yeah why would he be in the Sahara? he just plays shitty industrial rock these days. Even Cars sounds terrible.

moomoo
01-16-2010, 11:15 AM

I run a radio station and buy vintage records at Amoeba so I am in the music industry and I can tell you that you are a fucking idiot retard.

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 11:16 AM
yeah why would he be in the Sahara? he just plays shitty industrial rock these days. Even Cars sounds terrible.

http://www.encircling.us/pics/Animated%20GIFs/whatcat.gif

prettydirtything
01-16-2010, 11:16 AM
yeah, i'd also have no interest in seeing David Bowie unless he had his roadie from '92 or seeing Led Zepplin without the band's guitar tech from '71..

did you just compare Keith Moon to a guitar tech?

pachucasunrise
01-16-2010, 11:17 AM

I was just thinking the same thing. Afternoon slot in the Mojave plz.

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd like to see Gary Numan performing The Pleasure Principle, and if possible, backed by Nine Inch Nails.

Coachella Bound
01-16-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.encircling.us/pics/Animated%20GIFs/whatcat.gif

i see what ur doing here

archimmes
01-16-2010, 11:23 AM
I'd rather see Lou Reed perform Perfect Day 10 times in a row and then die.

Yes.

Yes.

archimmes
01-16-2010, 11:26 AM

I'll change it up for you, no one under 40 would care, or anyone 20-40 y.o. who hasn't done heroin or other hardcore drugs in the past 10 years.

Still-ill
01-16-2010, 11:28 AM
As someone who hasn't done heroin in his life and is currently under the age of 40, I care.

Alchemy
I'll change it up for you, no one under 40 would care, or anyone 20-40 y.o. who hasn't done heroin or other hardcore drugs in the past 10 years.

Well, you had Randy agreeing with you.

FoxeyLady
As someone who hasn't done heroin in his life and is currently under the age of 40, I care.

haha same

Monklish
01-16-2010, 11:30 AM
As someone under 40 who has done a lot of heroin, it doesn't really make mediocre music better. That's what ecstasy is for.

Pixiessp
01-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I hate the little car but if he wants to bring it out that would be fine. Just as long as he performs this song.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uahZLfoZ954&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uahZLfoZ954&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AAM!!!
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I would die if Gary Numan conflicted with Muse or Gorillaz.

omg wtf bbq
01-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Daft Punk is DEF not playing though, right?

Or is there legit rumors that they are?

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 12:09 PM

http://www.encircling.us/pics/Animated%20GIFs/ricflair2.gif

stephen22
01-16-2010, 12:11 PM

it's 90% hopes, dreams, prayers....

the other 10% is based on the Disney sponsored Tron tour that will apparently coincide with the release of Tron Legacy.

getbetter
01-16-2010, 12:34 PM
There more of a chance of daft punk doing one or two tracks at Comic Con than Daft Punk playing at coachella this year.

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2010, 12:37 PM

Yeah that's the only reason I wouldn't be over the moon about it, I just think it might be kind of a boring show, because I've heard they weren't that great live as well. VU is great on record though.

Wtf? The only thing I've ever heard about VU is they were great live and mediocre on record. I disagree about the latter but supposedly they were a different animal live.

microcuts
01-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Coachella 2010:
David Bowie, Gorillaz, Daft Punk, Boards of Canada, Neutral Milk Hotel*

*are all NOT performing

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 12:41 PM
My friend at Capital says that Suede is going to play at Coachella.

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2010, 12:42 PM
bullshit. they're not signed to capitol

Kid B
01-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Oh my god, arn't Suede playing reunion shows in London or somewhere? I'll be so happy if they play Coachella.

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 12:45 PM
bullshit. they're not signed to capitol

Oops. I'm confusing my friend Dave with my friend Bill from Columbia. I meant my friend at Columbia said that Suede are playing Coachella.

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Are they even signed to Columbia? I assumed they didn't have a label since they're not a band and all.

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Oops. I'm confusing my friend Dave with my friend Bill from Columbia. I meant my friend at Columbia said that Suede are playing Coachella.

Hannahrain
01-16-2010, 12:54 PM

I thought it was Sean from Yale. Why do we trust him again? Oh right. Those eyes.

Ardentbiscuit
01-16-2010, 01:03 PM
This has been the worst year for line up leaks.

Mostly everything is just conjecture, guessing and friends of friends who work somewhere.

GnarVee
01-16-2010, 01:05 PM
There more of a chance of daft punk doing one or two tracks at Comic Con than Daft Punk playing at coachella this year.

1 ticket to Comic-Con please...:thu

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2010, 01:07 PM
This has been the worst year for line up leaks.

Mostly everything is just conjecture, guessing and friends of friends who work somewhere.

for small names yes. for big names i'd say we're doing pretty well, but i guess we'll see tuesday

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Are they even signed to Columbia? I assumed they didn't have a label since they're not a band and all.

So? Maybe Bill kept in touch with them?

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2010, 01:11 PM
well cool then, suede for coachella, i'm on board

getbetter
01-16-2010, 01:14 PM
no kidding, This year at Comic-con they are going to have Tron 2 there again.At the very least you might get to hear some of the soundtrack.Or maybe even have Thomas Bangalter or Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo walking around and if your lucky you might get a photo or shaking their hand,or even better get them to sign your Alive Tour T-shirt or CD.

bludevil007
01-16-2010, 01:16 PM
update to my post a couple hundred posts back, no one was home at Wiz Kid Management unfortunately, so no info on strokes - i tried...

one thing i will say was that at the Terminal 5 Casablancas show on Friday, he played one new song not on his album or a b-side (and not the Kings of Leon track he actually covered). It was noticeably different than the others - much "punk"-ier and more guitar driven (virtually no synth) - and it was absolutely and clearly a new strokes song that he was trying out with his 6 person band. It sounded great, and if it's a sign of what's to come, the new album (whenever it happens) should be great.

Harrisment
01-16-2010, 01:17 PM
What what

boyalien0
01-16-2010, 01:18 PM
1 ticket to Comic-Con please...:thu

Sorry bro, unless you want to go Thursday or Sunday (kid's day) you're shit out of luck, because 4-day tickets and single Friday/Saturday tickets are all sold out.

getbetter
01-16-2010, 01:19 PM
I remember reading that Velvet Underground did at least one show in the 90's

Sorry bro, unless you want to go Thursday or Sunday (kid's day) you're shit out of luck, because 4-day tickets and single Friday/Saturday tickets are all sold out.

Damn you Trekies!!!!!

Harrisment
01-16-2010, 01:21 PM
I remember reading that Velvet Underground did at least one show in the 90's

Damn you Trekies!!!!!

Yeah, they did several.

boyalien0
01-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Damn you Trekies!!!!!

Trekkers, as they prefer to be called, have their own fucking convention. Only a small percentage of them make it to Comic-Con. Lots more "Cult of the Bearded One" members.

yeahfontaine
01-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, they did several.

That wasn't the point, though. Someone said they "just" did a one-off and it sent kat over the edge because she's a VU expert (master's thesis-wise or something) and the recent reunion of VU wasn't a show, just a conversation at the New York Library.

needsnospaces
01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
4/16 - Muse/Flaming Lips/MGMT

4/17 - Jay-Z/Beastie Boys/Faith No More

4/18 - Gorillaz/Thom Yorke/Pavement

getbetter
01-16-2010, 01:35 PM

4/17 -Jay-z/Beastie Boys/Faith No More

Gheez i guess Everyone will be in the Sahara on Saturday night

and i would say it would be better for Sunday if it's

The XX>Hot Chip>Thom Yorke>LCD SoundSystem>Gorillaz

ficklecycle
01-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Gheez i guess Everyone will be in the Sahara on Saturday night

I wont. Well, during FNM and BB's yeah. But I really want to see Jay-Z.

Harrisment
01-16-2010, 01:37 PM

I'd be incredibly happy if this were true.

omg wtf bbq
01-16-2010, 01:37 PM

This would be disappointing
(except for Sunday and Jay-z)

Harrisment
01-16-2010, 01:39 PM

Hello my fellow Houstonian.

What wouldn't you like about that? I think if I had Thom Yorke into the Gorillaz you could give the Jonas Brothers a headlining spot on the other nights and I'd still be happy.

Cdubby
01-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I wont. Well, during FNM and BB's yeah. But I really want to see Jay-Z.

I would be there for FNM and the B-Boys and in the Sahara for Jay-Z.

I love Coachella!

Pixiessp
01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't understand the Gorillaz love at all.

getbetter
01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
I would be there for FNM and the B-Boys and in the Sahara for Jay-Z.

I love Coachella!

exactly what i would do too.

Have u seen how the Gorillaz are live?

boyalien0
01-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't understand the Gorillaz love at all.

Fair enough. More Gorillaz for the rest of us. I don't understand the Wilco love at all. That shit is preposterous.

omg wtf bbq
01-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello my fellow Houstonian.

What wouldn't you like about that? I think if I had Thom Yorke into the Gorillaz you could give the Jonas Brothers a headlining spot on the other nights and I'd still be happy.

Sunday = Epic
Fri and Sat = Not so much
But I mean, I'm still going to go and I'm going to have a blast

omg wtf bbq
01-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Fair enough. More Gorillaz for the rest of us. I don't understand the Wilco love at all. That shit is preposterous.

lol'd

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 01:44 PM

This.

getbetter
01-16-2010, 01:44 PM
I had to sit though Wilco and Keane in 05 image that shit .

Because i was on the front rail for Weezer and Bauhaus

boyalien0
01-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Front rail for Weezer in 05? Ew.

Boourns
01-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Could this be the lurker that pops in and spoils everything and then vanishes? Or is this yet another speculation/wishlist/rumor kind of deal?

This would be a great Coachella.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 01:47 PM
I had to sit though Wilco and Keane in 05 image that shit .

Because i was on the front rail for Weezer and Bauhaus

You had to sit through Wilco?

Dear God.

Boourns
01-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't understand the Wilco love at all. That shit is preposterous.

Yeah, cannot get into this band at all. Even gave them two chances live.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Could this be the lurker that pops in and spoils everything and then vanishes?

Most signs point to the above Francisco.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 01:50 PM
I find Wilco to be one of those bands that is impossible not to get into. They are such an easy band to love. They are phenomenal. Oh well...

Opinions = Assholes.

Alchemy
01-16-2010, 01:55 PM

I'm going to put my faith in you, lurker.

Pixiessp
01-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Cuts like a knife.

Harrisment
01-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Sunday = Epic

I hear ya. I'm actually one of the few people left on the planet that hasn't seen The Flaming Lips live, so even though I'm not a Muse fan I'd be happy with Friday.

gearbm95
01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I'd like to see Gary Numan performing The Pleasure Principle, and if possible, backed by Nine Inch Nails.

Trent Reznor is producing/writing with Gary for his new album and is committed to doing a few one-off shows with Gary and Atticus Ross in 2010 so don't be too surprised to see this duo at Coachella.

AshtonKutcher
01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
4/16 - Demi Moore/The Police/Tiesto

4/17 - Demi Moore/Metallica/Muse

4/18 - Demi Moore/Arcade Fire/Soundgarden

MarkO
01-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Demi Moore live or dj set ?

gearbm95
01-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Have any of you actually seen Jay-Z live before? He's rather boring live, he doesn't bring a large production or anything and typically performs without a live band. He doesn't bring the same energy or stage presence that Outkast, Kanye West, even Eminem have.

He usually does a medley type set list which can be very disappointing, just my opinion tho.

suprefan
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Sunday = Epic

GV cant always make your jizzfest lineup sceneraio come true because thats WHAT YOU WANT. There are other people who attened the festival you know.

heart cooks brain
01-16-2010, 02:08 PM
You just described Eminem live exactly

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2010, 02:09 PM
This 'jizz-inducing' terminology is pretty amateur.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Have any of you actually seen Jay-Z live before? He's rather boring live, he doesn't bring a large production or anything and typically performs without a live band. He doesn't bring the same energy or stage presence that Outkast, Kanye West, even Eminem have.

He usually does a medley type set list which can be very disappointing, just my opinion tho.

When was the last time you saw Jay-Z? 1996?

weeklymix
01-16-2010, 02:11 PM
How are people already deciding which days are going to suck? You guys are hilarious.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm finally listening to the new Massive Attack album. My word, it's phenomenal. I eagerly await their supporting tour.

Harrisment
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0UUpJTV_TDQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0UUpJTV_TDQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Harrisment
I'm finally listening to the new Massive Attack album. Holy shit! It's phenomenal. I eagerly await their supporting tour.

Fuck yeah it is. Atlas Air gives me goose bumps every time.

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 02:14 PM

If Jay-Z plays Coachella and it is anything similar to this you are wrong:

tdoEo-XsFGY

TomServo
01-16-2010, 02:24 PM
The funniest thing... as soon as the lineup drops, our conversation/arguments will all center over scheduling, conflicts, so forth.

So... the lack of information will still be blinding, and the rumor and innuendo maddening. Thankfully, there will be no definite answers until the schedule is announced... so it'll be pretty obviously just opinions.

HandBanana
01-16-2010, 02:27 PM
If Jay-Z plays Coachella and it is anything similar to this you are wrong:

tdoEo-XsFGY

Man.
This HAS to happen now :)

moomoo
01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
The funniest thing... as soon as the lineup drops, our conversation/arguments will all center over scheduling, conflicts, so forth.

So... the lack of information will still be blinding, and the rumor and innuendo maddening. Thankfully, there will be no definite answers until the schedule is announced... so it'll be pretty obviously just opinions.

at least during this time I will be downloading buying ridiculous amounts of albums and doing a lot of research on live shows.

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
GV cant always make your jizzfest lineup sceneraio come true because thats WHAT YOU WANT. There are other people who attened the festival you know.

So feisty and intoxicated.

sonofhal
01-16-2010, 02:36 PM
I find Wilco to be one of those bands that is impossible not to get into. They are such an easy band to love. They are phenomenal. Oh well...

Opinions = Assholes.

Yes, but some are shittier than others.

rage patton
01-16-2010, 02:36 PM

Right now, I don't even need to know the individual headliners. I want the whole damn thing. I don't expect to have it Monday night either. I am expecting it sometime between midnight and 1am on Tuesday. If its not up by 1, then I guess they are probably waiting for KROQ to anounce it.

And don't KROQ usually anounce shows at 7:15? I remember reading that last year.

Comon Josh, I can't believe you of all people would ask that, you know how the game runs here.

If there is one thing I have learned on these boards is that every single year, the line up release plays out differently.

rage patton
01-16-2010, 02:39 PM

Holy shit. This would be amazing.

Where is Massive Attack though? And I am still not very confident about Pavement playing.

Kid B
01-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I would guess KROQ announce it around 7:15-7:20 (isn't that when they usually announce all the important stuff?) and can anyone answer two things for me?

1. Where the hell did these Jay-Z rumors start?

2. Why is Pearl Jam out of the running now?

HandBanana
01-16-2010, 02:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/b3CIJ.jpg

Oh GIS, you so crayzeh

MarkO
01-16-2010, 02:41 PM

Where is Massive Attack though? And I am still not very confident about Pavement playing.

I don't like Muse or JayZ but the rest would be great.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Twinkle twinkle little star...

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Faith No More, Thom Yorke, and Massive Attack. If not Massive Attack or Thom Yorke, then either Beastie Boys or Gorillaz will end up getting that spot under a headliner GV determines to bill above either of those two (or one of those two would take top billing over the other).

1. Where the hell did these Jay-Z rumors start?

2. Why is Soundgarden seemingly out of the running now?

This, with the second question fixed.

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Just a reminder:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/disappointment-demotivational-poster-1256691519.jpg

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Massive Attack has become my one and only main stage want. Pretty please with sugar on top? (not that it makes a difference at this point, over ever)

obzen
01-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Thom Yorke, Deftones, Faith No More, Massive Attack, Orbital, Sade and Lou Reed. Is that too much to ask for?

Pixiessp
01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Just a reminder:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0910/disappointment-demotivational-poster-1256691519.jpg

They're cute for such a short time.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2010, 03:10 PM

A word to the wise: Take a good hard look at posters from the last three years--3 day format. Temper those expectations, peeps.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Massive Attack has become my one and only main stage want. Pretty please with sugar on top? (not that it makes a difference at this point, over ever)

I haven't ever really listened to Massive Attack. Are they one of those electronic new age bands like Enigma or somethin?

paulthomasanderson
01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
I haven't ever really listened to Massive Attack. Are they one of those electronic new age bands like Enigma or somethin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_attack

Kid B
01-16-2010, 03:15 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvSlDVqggVg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvSlDVqggVg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

HandBanana
01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
LINEUP IMMINENT!

ALPHA TEAM IS ON THE MOVE!

http://i.imgur.com/Jetfo.gif

(squee squee squee squee squee squee squee)

omg wtf bbq
01-16-2010, 03:16 PM

I don't even care about the headliners
and I think you missed the part where I said "But I mean, I'm still going to go and I'm going to have a blast"

weeklymix
01-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I personally think "Girl I Love You" from Heligoland would melt faces. Melt.

bwYzyRfNFn0

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Facemelter retlemecaF

woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :eek:

I palendrome I

omg wtf bbq
01-16-2010, 03:20 PM

Love them//saw them 3 years ago///so boring.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2010, 03:21 PM

More like Portishead, trip hop. Their new album, Heligoland, is ace and more accessible than their earlier stuff.

Tc8yJIfC8vE

Love them//saw them 3 years ago///so boring.
I've heard that but it's one of those things I'll have to do regardless. At least once anyway.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh! Now I remember them. They were on after Madonna and before Tool a couple years ago. They were kinda boring, no? I remember falling asleep on the grass during their set because it was just lulling then going off to see Art Brut after.

FoxeyLady
Is that song "Pray For Rain" with Tunde Adebimpe off the new album? Because that song is brilliant.

HandBanana
tG1fkord3K4

paulthomasanderson
They were kinda boring, no? I remember falling asleep on the grass during their set because it was just lulling then going off to see Art Brut after.

:nono :nono :nono

weeklymix
01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Is that song "Pray For Rain" with Tunde Adebimpe off the new album? Because that song is brilliant.

Yep

Edit: HandBanana can I request Sea Otters eating?

HandBanana
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Sorta like that but better

zgHrKAiuI3w

Sushov23
01-16-2010, 03:33 PM
I think youre a fucking idiot for thinking that because its not happening.(both parts, performance at the festival and gilmour even thinking of being on stage with Waters again) You can wait until he comes to The Hollywood Bowl in September alright?

supre cursed at me. oh my god! my new sig. Also it was a joke, jerkoff. I was bored last night.

weeklymix
01-16-2010, 03:34 PM
From the Costello thread:

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but Elvis will be in Atlantic City on the 16th. So I suppose he's ruled out...

http://pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=59064&SortBy=Date

He ends his California dates before Coachella and has a show on the east coast Friday of Coachella. Seems unlikely to me. Props to bebop.

MarkO
01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvSlDVqggVg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvSlDVqggVg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Mother. Of God. :pulse

Kid B
01-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Yup

skyismad
01-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Me: What's up?
Him: Not much, just working. How about yoself?
Me: Want to see something awesome?
Him: Always!
Me: The Coachella line-up came out. Here it is..
Him: Holy fuck. We are going. We are fucking going. I told you Arcade Fire would headline!! That's like every band I've wanted to see ever. And Lady Gaga.
Me: We can't go. We are doing the senior show that weekend, remember?
Him: I guess I can't do the senior show..
Me: Seriously? You are going to drop out of doing the show so you can go to Coachella? You promised you would help!
Him: I like you, Skyler. I really do. And I love the concept for the senior show. But I also love the Beastie Boys, MGMT, Passion Pit, Arcade Fire, and all the others.
Him: We've been working on this show for months though! How are you even going to get there?
Him: I'll drive my automobile.
Me: Without ME?
Him: David will probably wanna go.
Me: Congratulations, man. You failed the friend test.
Him: I'm sorry dude, I wish you could go!! But I'm not gonna hold myself back from the epicness because you can't.
Me: I totally don't feel bad telling you that poster is fake.
Him: GO FUCK YOURSELF IN THE BOWELS OF HELL.

PassiveTheory
01-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh! Now I remember them. They were on after Madonna and before Tool a couple years ago. They were kinda boring, no? I remember falling asleep on the grass during their set because it was just lulling then going off to see Art Brut after.

I hate you.

TallGuyCM
01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Me: What's up?
Him: Not much, just working. How about yoself?
Me: Want to see something awesome?
Him: Always!
Me: The Coachella line-up came out. Here it is..
Him: Holy fuck. We are going. We are fucking going. I told you Arcade Fire would headline!! That's like every band I've wanted to see ever. And Lady Gaga.
Me: We can't go. We are doing the senior show that weekend, remember?
Him: I guess I can't do the senior show..
Me: Seriously? You are going to drop out of doing the show so you can go to Coachella? You promised you would help!
Him: I like you, Skyler. I really do. And I love the concept for the senior show. But I also love the Beastie Boys, MGMT, Passion Pit, Arcade Fire, and all the others.
Him: We've been working on this show for months though! How are you even going to get there?
Him: I'll drive my automobile.
Me: Without ME?
Him: David will probably wanna go.
Me: Congratulations, man. You failed the friend test.
Him: I'm sorry dude, I wish you could go!! But I'm not gonna hold myself back from the epicness because you can't.
Me: I totally don't feel bad telling you that poster is fake.
Him: GO FUCK YOURSELF IN THE BOWELS OF HELL.

This is big time lol if you're for real. Is that real or did you just make it up?

getbetter
01-16-2010, 07:09 PM
which fake flyer did u show him

TallGuyCM
01-16-2010, 07:13 PM
which fake flyer did u show him

I assume this one:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/cuzinmank/2010coachfake1.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 07:45 PM

about fucking time lurkerz. The lips would be a pleasant surprise. maybe with a dsotm set?

dorkfish
01-16-2010, 07:49 PM
hmmmm

rage patton
01-16-2010, 07:50 PM
No, we already head DSOTM once on the polo fields, we don't need it again. And I am not sure how I feel about the FLips subbing. On the one hand, I have seen them twice and they were fantastic both times, one of them they were even subbing a festival and they only had an hour. I was just really hoping they would headline.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 07:51 PM
which is why an hour works for a dsotm set.

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I'd rather see them play Embryonic, that album is amazing and like rage said we already had DSOTM.

rage patton
01-16-2010, 07:53 PM
If the FLips play, I want them to play their own material. A DSOTM set is only acceptable if they get 2 hours. Which wont happen. If they do sub, I want them to play material mostly focusing on Transmissions of The Satellite Heart, The Soft Bulletin, and Embryonic. With Yoshimi and Flight Test (not slowed down version) thrown in too.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 07:53 PM
alright alright no dsotm set.

rage patton
01-16-2010, 08:07 PM
hmmmm

?

What is it?

mikeyskywalker
01-16-2010, 08:10 PM

I wouldn't mind that lineup. I'd just skip 4/17...

rage patton
01-16-2010, 08:11 PM

So you would go all the way out to Coachella... just to go Friday and Sunday, yet skip Saturday? What would you do on Saturday? Go to Denny's with a bunch of old people?

Also, would you really skip the whole day just because the top 3 billed artists don't please you?

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Last year's lineup anticipation was SOOOOOOOO much more painful than this year has been... thank god.

menikmati
01-16-2010, 08:13 PM
If the FLips play, it'll be the same set from the past 7 fucking years....fuck that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah

seriously what rage said, all the stages are going to be stacked.

mikeyskywalker
So you would go all the way out to Coachella... just to go Friday and Sunday, yet skip Saturday? What would you do on Saturday? Go to Denny's with a bunch of old people?

Also, would you really skip the whole day just because the top 3 billed artists don't please you?

No...I'd go to my house...considering I live a 5 minute drive away from the grounds.

Well I suppose it's a premature call, I would have to look at further lineup, you're right.

Edit: Nothing wrong with Dennys! :p

rage patton
01-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Have you listened to Embryonic, Erik? Its pretty damn good. Im sure they are going to be working in some of the new songs into their setlists. Im dying to hear "Watching The Planets" live.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
If the FLips play, it'll be the same set from the past 7 fucking years....fuck that.

nah, when I saw them at red rocks last year it was kind of amazing.

menikmati
Have you listened to Embryonic, Erik? Its pretty damn good. Im sure they are going to be working in some of the new songs into their setlists. Im dying to hear "Watching The Planets" live.

Yes I've listened to it....it's shitty. The FLips are a bore...I could care less about walking in a fucking bubble.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 08:15 PM
what about all the confetti!??!?!

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
01-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Really? It's Saturday night and there are no real leaks at all. This doesn't look good for Tuesday.

menikmati
01-16-2010, 08:17 PM
what about all the confetti!??!?!

Who cares? It's seriously just a huge waste of time...this performance is old, come up with something new.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Really? It's Saturday night and there are no real leaks at all. This doesn't look good for Tuesday.

Jay Z/Beastie Boys/Faith No More

pay attention.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Who cares? It's seriously just a huge waste of time...this performance is old, come up with something new.

its OK Erik, Orbital will be on during the lips.

rage patton
Yes I've listened to it....it's shitty. The FLips are a bore...I could care less about walking in a fucking bubble.

Seriously? You didn't like? You are honestly the first person I know who has listened to it and didn't like it. I think you are just so bitter towards them you have forced yourself to hate it.

menikmati
The good thing about if the FLips did play, they would probably waste so much time blowing up balloons and dressing up in bunny costumes, that they would only have time for one song.

mikeyskywalker
01-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Jay Z/Beastie Boys/Faith No More

pay attention.

Is there really any proof that Jay-Z will be there, or is it all talk?

Mak Attack
woah woah woah...what's this talk of Massive Attack being boring?

Arguably the best live show I've ever seen.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah

come talk to us when the line up is out.

rage patton
01-16-2010, 08:20 PM
The good thing about if the FLips did play, they would probably waste so much time blowing up balloons and dressing up in bunny costumes, that they would only have time for one song.

Their show isn't the same as it was in 2004. I saw the do a one hour set in 2008 at Pemberton and they played like, 9 songs.

mikeyskywalker

They're on Flaming Lips being boring lol Massive is awesome!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah

WORD.

jtovar21
01-16-2010, 08:23 PM

It's all talk from random comments on blogs. There's no evidence of Jay Z being anywhere near the Polo Fields. It was a stupid campaign by a few ppl I'm guessing, the same time those rumors popped up in the comments sections of Monklish and CoS, threads magically appeared here on the boards.

Again, why would Coachella bring an artist in the midst of an arena tour that already stopped in LA 3 weeks before the event?!!

It makes no sense.

magmazing
01-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Unless The Flaming Lips are doing their UFO show, I'll pass. Saw the UFO show at Sasquatch, then a regular set at Pemberton. I've had my fill.

summerkid
01-16-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah, I highly doubt Jay-Z is playing.

mikeyskywalker
01-16-2010, 08:32 PM
On the subject of Massive Attack, what is the word about them playing? I see their name flying around here from time to time.

I just listened to their newest EP, it's great.

Mak Attack
01-16-2010, 08:46 PM
On the subject of Massive Attack, what is the word about them playing? I see their name flying around here from time to time.

I just listened to their newest EP, it's great.

I haven't seen any indication that they'll be there. They will be in Australia in March but after that who knows.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 08:51 PM
It's all talk from random comments on blogs. There's no evidence of Jay Z being anywhere near the Polo Fields. It was a stupid campaign by a few ppl I'm guessing, the same time those rumors popped up in the comments sections of Monklish and CoS, threads magically appeared here on the boards.

Again, why would Coachella bring an artist in the midst of an arena tour that already stopped in LA 3 weeks before the event?!!

It makes no sense.

It was a big leak around the industry last week and will be even bigger news come Tuesday. Staples Center is an AEG venue, AEG owns Goldenvoice who runs Coachella. Also, he played APW last year while signed to Live Nation, maybe it's part of a deal of some sort, either way don't be shocked to see him on that poster.

Harrisment
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
I seriously can't wrap my brain around how anyone could possibly call a Massive Attack show boring. That's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 08:54 PM
I would LOVE for Massive Attack to be there but I am not holding my breath.

jtovar21
01-16-2010, 08:58 PM
It was a big leak around the industry last week and will be even bigger news come Tuesday. Staples Center is an AEG venue, AEG owns Goldenvoice who runs Coachella. Also, he played APW last year while signed to Live Nation, maybe it's part of a deal of some sort, either way don't be shocked to see him on that poster.

And do you work in the "industry" ? I have a few connections as well, and actually no one really knows who the headliners are with exception to Muse. What is this big leak you are talking about? And why hasn't it been anywhere in the "blogs"

Monk, heard the same way "everyone" else heard...rumors coming from "comments" CoS also basically says the same thing. Why would Jay - Z knowingly be a "back up" plan once again.

Let's say the report from CoS is 100 percent accurate ( which most likely it is not), it infers that if "suprise headliner" falls through..JAY-Z is once again, GV's back up (extremely lazy, IMO)

How would this sell tickets? If you want to see him, you will be able to in LA 3 weeks for less money.

BTW, Tickets are still available for that show.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Easy there sheriff, I'm not confirming shit, I am saying that it's likely he will be on that poster and if he is, his name will be in slightly larger font. I'm not going to start the "I have a friend who's dad works at Capitol" bit, just providing some information that I obtained and what I would consider reliable. If I'm wrong I will personally buy you a few beers at the fest as a form of compensation for the stress that you endured arguing why he would never headline this fest.

Cool amigo?

thom cobain
01-16-2010, 09:09 PM
it would sell tickets. i want to see him at Coachella because i don't want to go to his show in LA. i can see him and other great artists, or just him for a little less.

plus, artists bring a great show to Coachella. it's an honor to play the main stage. if he played it would be superior to a show in LA because the venue is better. the audience is more diverse, so he has to step his game up.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I like where your head is at thom. I am ThomThom by the way, pleasure to meet you thom..

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah I feel like he would play a different and more interesting set list at coachella than he would at the staples center (a la Glasto)

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm sure Jigga would bring all his buddies/colleagues too for some added stage presence.

jtovar21
01-16-2010, 09:14 PM
it would sell tickets. i want to see him at Coachella because i don't want to go to his show in LA. i can see him and other great artists, or just him for a little less.

plus, artists bring a great show to Coachella. it's an honor to play the main stage. if he played it would be superior to a show in LA because the venue is better. the audience is more diverse, so he has to step his game up.

If this were true...it would be a FIRST for Coachella. Again, though...lazy....since he already headlined their last event. Really think..if your GV why in the world would you do that..if anything..id imagine him more likely as a "SURPRISE" act, much like Kanye in 2006 and Beck in 2004.

If I want to make money..which is what headliners do for an event, I'm not gonna pick someone whos been touring for a month and has already hit LA..

Coachella is meant to be a destination festival...and Jay Z would not bring in ppl around the US.

Dude would of already hit all the major cities by then.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:17 PM
both of you stupid assholes shut your flaps. porch monkey is not, will not, ever be there. you don't have shit for inside information. your mother lied when she said she loved you. who gives a fuck who owns what, he's not gonna be there.

I have been waiting for one of those yearly obnoxious racially charged lurkers. Where have you been the joker? YOUR LATE!

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 09:19 PM
He's such a pro at knowing what type of audience he's playing too, he would KILL at coachella. I'm sure he'd mix in some indie rock mashups in his set. Anyone remember when he did Heart of the City over Sunday Bloody Sunday at Glasto? That was fucking cool.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:20 PM
your father loves to watch me pee on your mother

Your silly!

suprefan
01-16-2010, 09:23 PM
And do you work in the "industry" ? I have a few connections as well, and actually no one really knows who the headliners are with exception to Muse. What is this big leak you are talking about? And why hasn't it been anywhere in the "blogs"

Monk, heard the same way "everyone" else heard...rumors coming from "comments" CoS also basically says the same thing. Why would Jay - Z knowingly be a "back up" plan once again.

Let's say the report from CoS is 100 percent accurate ( which most likely it is not), it infers that if "suprise headliner" falls through..JAY-Z is once again, GV's back up (extremely lazy, IMO)

How would this sell tickets? If you want to see him, you will be able to in LA 3 weeks for less money.

BTW, Tickets are still available for that show.

Your connections are worthless, do some more homework on things and come back when youre fully educated. 48 hours and your stupid theories will end. You have to remember its COS' goal to take everyone elses information, put its tiny spin on it, and call it news that it actually seeked out. Dont believe their hype, and wait until Monday night to see what happens. And trust me, IF its Jay Z, they will try to make themselves out as line up prediction prophets, which they are very much not.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Chris, your sugar intake seems low. Go have a glass of orange juice you grumpy old man.

microcuts
01-16-2010, 09:26 PM
No way in hell is Jay-Z ever setting foot on the polo fields. God, you people make my brain hurt with ridiculous speculation. And if he were, they wouldn't get a second hip-hop act to headline another night.

TallGuyCM
01-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Sasha - you're

boyalien0
01-16-2010, 09:29 PM
both of you stupid assholes shut your flaps. porch monkey is not, will not, ever be there. you don't have shit for inside information. your mother lied when she said she loved you. who gives a fuck who owns what, he's not gonna be there.

"porch monkey"? you are obviously a novice. your racism is mere child's play, sir.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Chris - Cock

DFrank
01-16-2010, 09:30 PM
No way in hell is Jay-Z ever setting foot on the polo fields. God, you people make my brain hurt with ridiculous speculation. And if he were, they wouldn't get a second hip-hop act to headline another night.

Exactly. And Kanye West would never set foot on the polo fields either...OH WAIT.

TallGuyCM
01-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Chris - Cock

Shouldn't you be heading to bed soon? Dallas plays early tomorrow.

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Shouldn't you be heading to bed soon? Dallas plays early tomorrow.

I have a final I have to finish before Spoon on Monday night.

rage patton
01-16-2010, 09:33 PM

Who is the second hip hop headliner?

thom cobain
01-16-2010, 09:33 PM
now i really hope he plays. "love all my haters"

Boourns
01-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Who is the second hip hop act?

Muse

TallGuyCM
01-16-2010, 09:35 PM

I would guess he means Gorillaz?

ThomThom

I am assuming his comment was towards the Beastie Boys, who are NOT headlining.

jtovar21
Your connections are worthless, do some more homework on things and come back when youre fully educated. 48 hours and your stupid theories will end. You have to remember its COS' goal to take everyone elses information, put its tiny spin on it, and call it news that it actually seeked out. Dont believe their hype, and wait until Monday night to see what happens. And trust me, IF its Jay Z, they will try to make themselves out as line up prediction prophets, which they are very much not.

Haha I never said my connections were worth anything. I only know a few bands and someone who used to help book the show up until 2002. I was also responding to supposed "leak in the industy" last week. None of it was ever reported..and the Jay - Z thing was an obvious troll having fun fuckin around with people on boards and blogs...

I don't trust CoS more than Monklish, far as I can tell, they probably have a "connection" but probably no more as informative as yours or mine. They get most of the same guesses as the board collectively based on tour gaps and different gossips. So I dont see how you think I'm defending CoS.

Theories are purely speculative..but IF Jay -Z is on the poster, trust me, he won't be selling that many tickets...Too many people around the US would have already seen him, not to mention 20,000 around LA or so a few week prior...Supre..

ThomThom
Muse

LULZ

rage patton
01-16-2010, 09:36 PM
gorillaz or beastie boys, shitstain. get with the fucking program.

Since when are Gorillaz a hip hop act? On their 2 albums, they have 29 tracks. 6 of them have guest vocalists who are rappers. How does this make Gorillaz a hip hop act?

thom cobain
01-16-2010, 09:37 PM
go fuck yourself

no joke? you're such a little bitch joker. what a coward. joker.

microcuts
01-16-2010, 09:37 PM
I would guess he means Gorillaz?

Yeah, who I'm still really skeptical about. But CoS has "confirmed" them for Sunday. And the source for their confirmation links to an article written by CoS. oy....

ThomThom
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
stop pretending like you know A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G

One of these days a group of large black men is going to fuck you to death, you rancid twat.