PDA

View Full Version : Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

psycobetabuckdown
01-14-2010, 11:05 PM
lineup out yet?

weeklymix
01-14-2010, 11:05 PM
lineup out yet?

i lol'd

pachucasunrise
01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
I searched to see if there was a fake posters tread... I honestly don't think it warrants one... This is the first one for 2010 I've seen. I'll just leave a link here.

http://twitpic.com/y5cmh

LOL. People don't even try anymore. I looked at it and thought this might be one from last year but I can't fucking remember.

Exact same thing happened to me on facebook...

Girl posts lineup as profile pic: OMGGGGGGG COACHELLAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Me: it's fake...
Girl: NO ITS NOT LOOK AT IT ITS LEGIT WOOOO IM GONNA BE ROLLIN ALL NIGHT
Me: ..........

boyalien0
01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I just noticed "Karen O and the Kids" on that poster. That would be pretty farkin fun.

HandBanana
01-14-2010, 11:17 PM
There is this...

g7Y7vH2XsAM

boyalien0
01-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Elastica? Really?

Monklish
01-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Did he mean to post that in the embarrassing videos thread or something? Elastica's awesome, btw. Love that track.

HandBanana
01-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Naw. The song. It's "Line Up"

Monklish
01-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Ah. Good point, I suppose, for a nearly irrelevant post.

oyeloca
01-14-2010, 11:31 PM
micachu
Apr 13 2010 8:00P
Fox Theater w/ Spoon Oakland, California last stop

http://www.myspace.com/micayomusic

TallGuyCM
01-14-2010, 11:32 PM
micachu

We know.

boyalien0
01-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Ahhhhhso....

dorkfish
01-14-2010, 11:53 PM
micachu

those liars, they're playing the Getty during Coachella

tessalasset
01-15-2010, 12:05 AM
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/jluz1__oPt.jpg

boyalien0
01-15-2010, 12:20 AM
He looks like he's fresh from the sewer.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 05:52 AM
He looks like he's fresh from the sewer.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5320/ratkingkitbashcartoon.jpg

COACHILLA
01-15-2010, 06:29 AM
so cos is saying:

Expected: Gorillaz (per two independent sources who claim it’s “done deal”)

http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/coachella-valley-music-and-arts-festival/

cool shit, hope its true

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Can someone please explain the appeal of Gorillaz live for me? All the YouTube clips of them playing live I've seen are of giant screens with computer animated cartoons, groups of kids on stage singing or Damn Albarn hidden in a shadow. What fun is that if you can't even see who the real people playing are or if real people are playing at all?

Monklish
01-15-2010, 06:34 AM
I still don't understand people who really care about seeing the band play their instruments. I can count the times I've actually been more interested in seeing instruments be played than seeing a sweet visual on one hand. Although I do like seeing people sing for some reason. At least when they're Karen O.

thestripe
01-15-2010, 06:35 AM
The Day I Tried To Live is fucking undeniable. If Cornell still have even half the voice he used to have I'm gonna punch everybody in front of me in the back of the head during that song in pure ecstatic joy.

Voice is gone. Sorry, Randy.

Monklish
01-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Voice is gone. Sorry, Randy.

... how in the fucking hell did you go back 6000 posts to quote that?

LurkerFromTheFuture
01-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Can someone please explain the appeal of Gorillaz live for me? All the YouTube clips of them playing live I've seen are of giant screens with computer animated cartoons, groups of kids on stage singing or Damn Albarn hidden in a shadow. What fun is that if you can't even see who the real people playing are or if real people are playing at all?

I think this approach works for Gorillaz in terms of their "shtick", for lack of a better word. They've always intentionally kept the band members in the background, with the cartoon avatars in the forefront. It's just part of the whole presentation. That being said, what I have seen of them live - DVD, clips, etc. - this approach has in no way made their live shows any less awesome. After all, it's about the music in the end.

thestripe
01-15-2010, 06:37 AM
... how in the fucking hell did you go back 6000 posts to quote that?

DeLorean.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 06:39 AM
He is known only as ... "the stripe"

Monklish
01-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Christopher Lloyd and The Stripe in...

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Lots of time travel related stuff on this page alone

obzen
01-15-2010, 06:46 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A43JOxLa5MM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A43JOxLa5MM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

COACHILLA
01-15-2010, 06:48 AM
im new to COS and the reliablilty of that rumor section they have....

is it reliable people? how accurate where they last year?

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 06:49 AM
I still don't understand people who really care about seeing the band play their instruments. I can count the times I've actually been more interested in seeing instruments be played than seeing a sweet visual on one hand. Although I do like seeing people sing for some reason. At least when they're Karen O.

I'm a music purist and think music should be played with instruments, and not through computers or a speaker system blaring out a beat. That's why I don't consider electronic musicians, DJsand rappers to really be real musicians. Anyone can press a button, but few can master a guitar, a drum, bass, violen, etc. It's the difference between Monet and a finger painter.

obzen
01-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Hmmm...

[Insert pondering raptor pic]

thestripe
01-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Anyone can press a button, but few can master a guitar, a drum, bass, violen, etc. It's the difference between Monet and a finger painter.

Yeah, there are only of few out there talented enough to conquer these instruments.

Coachella Bound
01-15-2010, 06:57 AM

find a copy of the Demon Days dvd, buy it, borrow it, dont matter just watch it at least once. I was in the same boat as you, i bought their first album back in the day, it was pretty good but wasnt my thing at the time so i kind of put them back up on the shelf. Then last christmas i randomly got that dvd as a present and i was an instant fan over night. I must have watched that dvd 10 times in a row and its still something i can always put on for inspiration.

Damon and his gang are truly phenomenal at what they do, not to mention D's ability to choose artists to collaborate w/ and his ability to orchestrate a live performance

Monklish
01-15-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm a music purist and think music should be played with instruments, and not through computers or a speaker system blaring out a beat. That's why I don't consider electronic musicians, DJsand rappers to really be real musicians. Anyone can press a button, but few can master a guitar, a drum, bass, violen, etc. It's the difference between Monet and a finger painter.

I don't see why rapping is less skilled than singing. There are plenty of singers out there less talented than a really good rapper.

But this is all beside the point--I don't give a fuck about the skill involved. I can hear the skill. My point is that it's not interesting to watch.

The Monet analogy is apt but not in the way you think: what you're saying is that you want to watch Monet paint. That sounds unbelievably fucking dull to me. I would rather watch something as visually stimulating as a Monet painting be displayed in motion on the screens than watch somebody paint.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 06:58 AM
I have no beef with Damon, he's adorable <3 I have faith the show will be more than just cartoons but if it isn't I'll be kinda let down ya know? This is Coachella after all!

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-15-2010, 07:06 AM

so... Kraftwerk are not real musicians?

beavington
01-15-2010, 07:06 AM

I used to always be a purist too. Pressing buttons and getting beats out of that is harder than you think. I think some electronic artists are more amazing than the best guitarist. that might be a slight overstatement.

But Its kind of like comparing impressionism with graffitti art. Can you really do that and hold the same measuring stick? No. One is more traditional and old fashion and the other is newer and fresher.

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 07:13 AM
I think this approach works for Gorillaz in terms of their "shtick", for lack of a better word. They've always intentionally kept the band members in the background, with the cartoon avatars in the forefront. It's just part of the whole presentation. That being said, what I have seen of them live - DVD, clips, etc. - this approach has in no way made their live shows any less awesome. After all, it's about the music in the end.

maynard stays in the background all the time too.

Ardentbiscuit
01-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey it's Star Wars burlesque!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezrvxYmSGNs

LurkerFromTheFuture
01-15-2010, 07:15 AM
I don't give a fuck how people do it, as long as the music is good. There's plenty of talentless hacks slinging a guitar. There are also plenty of talented people rapping and sampling and "pressing buttons".

Listen to the samples on The Avalanches album "Since I left You" and tell me there isn't talent involved in putting that shit together.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't give a fuck how people do it, as long as the music is good. There's plenty of talentless hacks slinging a guitar. There are also plenty of talented people rapping and sampling and "pressing buttons".

Listen to the samples on The Avalanches album "Since I left You" and tell me there isn't talent involved in putting that shit together.

come on Randy.

greenbored
01-15-2010, 07:22 AM
i used to be a music purist, too. then i spent 2007-2009 in the sahara tent.

stephen22
01-15-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure if anyone is hoping/dreaming of Blakroc....but The Black Keys are playing in Florida that weekend. Not that it would make it completely unlikely (I mean we do have airplanes), but I would think the dream is dead.

and besides, they need more people there than just Mos Def.

obzen
01-15-2010, 07:23 AM
come on Randy.

Haha.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 07:31 AM
You guys do realize Scarjo has fakies, right? She's still beautiful but that should factor in. That's why I prefer the likes of Rachel McAdams, al natural

patriotsftbll786
01-15-2010, 07:34 AM

I hope to one day master the violen...

liquidsnake28
01-15-2010, 07:36 AM
That's why I don't consider electronic musicians, DJsand rappers to really be real musicians. Anyone can press a button, but few can master a guitar, a drum, bass, violen, etc

Considering how you're being serious here, this is one of the stupidest things I've seen in quite some time.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Because of the spelling of "violen"? And saying "a drum"?

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 07:40 AM
How about people that didn't "master" their instruments? Sid Vicious had no fucking clue what was going on with the bass. Kurt Cobain barely could play guitar.

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 07:43 AM
kurt could play, some. At least, it seems that way from the Reading video.

liquidsnake28
Remember guys, electronic musicians aren't REALLY REAL musicians. They're just pressing buttons.

Haha, if anything it's the exact opposite. Everybody and their fucking grandparents can play guitar and The Drum but relatively few people can work CDJ's live.

faxman75
You guys do realize Scarjo has fakies, right? She's still beautiful but that should factor in. That's why I prefer the likes of Rachel McAdams, al natural

Pics or your full of shit. Both pre and post surgery.

faxman75
01-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Remember guys, electronic musicians aren't REALLY REAL musicians. They're just pressing buttons.

Haha, if anything it's the exact opposite. Everybody and their fucking grandparents can play guitar and The Drum but relatively few people can work CDJ's live.

I took the Club DJ course in college. How's that for a scary thought.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 07:44 AM
I used to always be a purist too. Pressing buttons and getting beats out of that is harder than you think. I think some electronic artists are more amazing than the best guitarist. that might be a slight overstatement.

But Its kind of like comparing impressionism with graffitti art. Can you really do that and hold the same measuring stick? No. One is more traditional and old fashion and the other is newer and fresher.

The last part is a good point. It's also important to remember that many EDM "producers" are also musically trained. They can play guitar, piano, flutes, etc. but for one reason or another chose to create electronic music. It's like modern animators. Just because CGI is the go to film type now a days doesn't mean those same people can't draw traditional animation.

guedita
01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
"Music purist" is a terrible term. Think about what you're saying. All music we listen to is altered in some way. Do you avoid listening to "instrumental" music that uses guitar pedals? Sound is a raw source--music is the act of altering and shaping it into an aesthetic form. There's no such thing as pure music.

faxman75
01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
There is such thing as pure cocaine though.

JSam67
01-15-2010, 07:47 AM

Wait, these guys aren't playing instruments? They're not musicians? I fail to see what's impure about a Gorillaz live show. I would also love for you to explain what wouldn't be fucking awesome about seeing a performance like this:

wfwiveqoNfA

greenbored
01-15-2010, 07:48 AM
that damn bob dylan with his electric guitar ruined everything

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 07:49 AM

Are you still talking about Gorillaz?

liquidsnake28
01-15-2010, 07:49 AM
"Music purist" is a terrible term.

Hence Queenie Cupcakes is a terrible poster.

drewoftherushes
01-15-2010, 07:50 AM

Scarlett is au naturale. Rachel McAdams is not that hot.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Pics or your full of shit. Both pre and post surgery.

I was just trying to get this thread back on topic. I honestly don't know for sure, but when a girl lies down, here breasts should spread out.

http://getkempt.com/photos/articles/scarjo_crop.jpg

MissingPerson
01-15-2010, 07:58 AM

This is not purism. It's just about preference.

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 07:59 AM
that damn bob dylan with his electric guitar ruined everything

Hahaha. Indeed.

MissingPerson
01-15-2010, 08:02 AM
The whole concept of "purism" is cancerous to music.

luckyface
01-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Holy crap. Those Scarlett Johannsen pics...

http://23.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvzr6a8a3q1qzds5yo1_500.gif

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM
The Drum > The Blur

M Sparks
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM
The Monet analogy is apt but not in the way you think: what you're saying is that you want to watch Monet paint.

Brilliant. Not only that...but paint the same painting over and over in slightly different ways.

The original recording is the painting. The show is the gallery.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 08:17 AM
This is not purism. It's just about preference.

It is about preference. I enjoy the sound of instruments more than I do blips, bleeps and rhyming even if the musician isn't a pro at guitar playing. Looks like I'll be outta luck for most part with this year's headliners!

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Gorillaz use guitars, drums, and violins live.

chairmenmeow47
01-15-2010, 08:20 AM
music purist? who gives a shit. a performance is a performance. i don't care if you're pressing buttons on a speak and spell, if you can make it entertaining i'll watch.

and you're a fucking retard if you don't think there's musical skill in composing electronic music. it's more than mario paint taught you i promise.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 08:20 AM
I'd rather have Blur. Have fun with your Jay Z and Gorillaz lol.

chairmenmeow47
01-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Gorillaz use guitars, drums, and violins live.

take your logic and get out. i'm sure those guitars, drums and violins are nasty sluts and are nowhere near pure. i only listen to classical music played on a virgin lute myself.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 08:22 AM
music purist? who gives a shit. a performance is a performance. i don't care if you're pressing buttons on a speak and spell, if you can make it entertaining i'll watch.

and you're a fucking retard if you don't think there's musical skill in composing electronic music. it's more than mario paint taught you i promise.

Hey, don't dis on Mario Paint. That fly swatter game kept me entertained for hours.

JSam67
01-15-2010, 08:23 AM
I love how she must just refuse to watch a live Gorillaz video to see how wrong she is about them not playing instruments.

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 08:23 AM
take your logic and get out. i'm sure those guitars, drums and violins are nasty sluts and are nowhere near pure. i only listen to classical music played on a virgin lute myself.

I'm actually a sound purist. Music is terrible.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 08:25 AM
I'll put the Gorillaz DVD in my Netflix queue right now, are you happy? :) Also you hafta to take into consideration that you're talking to a girl who was raised on a diet of punk and hardcore and spent her high school years watching her older brother's hardcore band slam dance in vet halls on the weekends lol.

liquidsnake28
01-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Queenie Cupcakes is also a video game purist so she never played Mario Paint. It used a mouse instead of the original SNES controller. That's not a real game.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Ok, see you all on the Polo Fields, I'm outta this biotch!

chairmenmeow47
01-15-2010, 08:29 AM
I'll put the Gorillaz DVD in my Netflix queue right now, are you happy? :) Also you hafta to take into consideration that you're talking to a girl who was raised on a diet of punk and hardcore and spent her high school years watching her older brother's hardcore band slam dance in vet halls on the weekends lol.

no one gives a shit.

far gone and out
01-15-2010, 08:32 AM
im new to COS and the reliablilty of that rumor section they have....

is it reliable people? how accurate where they last year?

all they do is find rumours from other sites. COS hasn't got some in anywhere. they are as reputable as any blog or news story.

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 08:35 AM
oh god, i just got the overwhelming feeling that the third headliner is Aerosmith. it's a feeling of sadness.

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 08:35 AM
thank god, aerosmith is in beijing that weekend. phew

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Pretty sure Steven Tyler is in rehab.

MissingPerson
01-15-2010, 08:38 AM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5320/ratkingkitbashcartoon.jpg

Rat King was a great bad guy. He should have been in it more. Instead it's technodrome this and technodrome that.

captncrzy
01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
no one gives a shit.

yeah, pretty much

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Rat King was a great bad guy. He should have been in it more. Instead it's technodrome this and technodrome that.

I always thought he should be killed off and then carried away on the backs of thousands of rats ... like a better version of the end of Batman Returns.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 08:43 AM
yeah, pretty much

Oh yeah. NOBODY gives a shit.

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Being raised on a bunch of shitty punk and hardcore is worst the excuse I've ever heard for making a stupid claim like "being a musical purist."

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 08:46 AM
I always thought he should be killed off and then carried away on the backs of thousands of rats ... like a better version of the end of Batman Returns.

That was thoughtful and touching

reverb
01-15-2010, 08:56 AM
this seemed like the right place to post this:

kroq just said that they'll have the coachella announcement on tuesday morning.

HandBanana
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Reverb was that on-air?

reverb
01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
yeah, kevin & bean were doing their sign-off for the week and mentioned it

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
probably already posted somewhere - just reiterating the obvious as to who wont be there (Zep/Aerosmith and potentially Pearl Jam/Gaga)

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iyFcMN0J7PlDSu2gEbePS1SQWYLA

HandBanana
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Nice one. Thanks for the heads up.

lindysindie
01-15-2010, 09:03 AM
not sure if they were ever up for discussion but the black keys are doing a show in Florida on April 17th (via their facebook). Pretty sure that would make them a no.

obzen
01-15-2010, 09:08 AM
ScarJo's funbags are not fake.

Monklish
01-15-2010, 09:09 AM
I find using punk and hardcore as justification for insisting on talented live music awfully ironic considering that in the entirety of punk and hardcore music there has never been a single genuinely skilled performer on any instrument. Except for The Clash.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I find using punk and hardcore as justification for insisting on talented live music awfully ironic considering that in the entirety of punk and hardcore music there has never been a single genuinely skilled performer on any instrument. Except for The Clash.

It has energy and life to it, unlike the rest of that music I mentioned that apparently requires drugs to trigger an emotion outta the audience.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 09:17 AM

As Obzen can attest, I don't really care for either of these genres... but that is a bold fucking claim. How could you logically justify such a broad statement that is pretty much impossible to back up?

JSam67
01-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Clearly, you've never listened to punk, Lee.

guedita
01-15-2010, 09:19 AM
It has energy and life to it, unlike the rest of that music I mentioned that apparently requires drugs to trigger an emotion outta the audience.

Yeah, punk music fans are notoriously sober.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Try growing up in the thick of a straight edge scene.

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 09:22 AM
i'd hardly consider rancid, husker du, bad brains, fugazi, the stooges, bad religion, MC5, Gang of Four, at the drive in, the minutemen, patti smith, the buzzcocks as being "unskilled" performers - and all are kinda punk in their own way.

LurkerFromTheFuture
01-15-2010, 09:25 AM
i'd hardly consider rancid, husker du, bad brains, fugazi, the stooges, bad religion, MC5, Gang of Four, at the drive in, the minutemen, patti smith, the buzzcocks as being "unskilled" performers - and all are kinda punk in their own way.

This.

MissingPerson
Joe Strummer hated "purism" too.

scoop49er
no one gives a shit.

hilarious

ButcherTheSong
01-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Back to the Scar Jo pics.

Queenie Cupcakes
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
You're all two faced and I don't give a dump about people like that. Bye!

guedita
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM

no one gives a shit.

!!!

JSam67
01-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Because this got buried earlier at the bottom of a page (and I just saw it), I'm reposting:

so cos is saying:

Expected: Gorillaz (per two independent sources who claim it’s “done deal”)

http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/coachella-valley-music-and-arts-festival/

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 09:28 AM

Oh god, straight edge hardcore is even worse. Did you used to listen to Earth Crisis and Youth of Today? Were you a vegetarian?

nationocean
01-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm a "done deal"

scoop49er
01-15-2010, 09:30 AM
music is music..... whether its button pushers or shitty guitarists... its how you present it and how much you put into it that makes you a good or bad performer.......

coachella is gonna have a shitload of good artists and bad so it evens out every year.. :)

Monklish
01-15-2010, 09:30 AM

I do. Whether or not the music it produced is any good, I don't really think that any of them can be considered particularly great at their instruments. Lord knows there wasn't a single legitimately proficient singer.

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Because this got buried earlier at the bottom of a page (and I just saw it), I'm reposting:

This is fantastic. The more Gorillaz confirms the better. I am more excited about Coachella than ever before.

J~$$$$
01-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm a "done deal"

Sunday night?

bobert
01-15-2010, 09:32 AM
music is music..... whether its button pushers or shitty guitarists... its how you present it and how much you put into it that makes you a good or bad performer.......

coachella is gonna have a shitload of good artists and bad so it evens out every year.. :)

Does it kind of sting to post in this thread, Scoop? Like visiting one of your children that you've lost custody of?

MissingPerson
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
It should be noted that there are plenty of virtuouso performers who are numbingly boring to listen to.

HandBanana
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
You know who's really good at his instrument?

Yngwie Malmsteen.

I mean, I guess he is. All those dorks that hang around guitar stores and attend Musicians Institute seem to think so.

HandBanana
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Does it kind of sting to post in this thread, Scoop? Like visiting one of your children that you've lost custody of?

Oh shit lol

JSam67
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM
This is fantastic. The more Gorillaz confirms the better. I am more excited about Coachella than ever before.

Likewise. If Gorillaz and LCD are both on that poster, I may actually faint.

Thundermare
01-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Karnivool and Fair to Midland in? These are their dates:

March 17 Austin, TX SXSW
March 18 Austin, TX SXSW
March 19 Austin, TX SXSW
March 20 Austin, TX SXSW
March 23 San Antonio, TX
March 24 Houston, TX
March 26 Augusta, GA
March 27 Montgomery, AL
March 28 Jacksonville, NC
March 30 Baltimore, MD
March 31 New York, NY
April 1 Philadelphia, PA
April 2 Hartford, CT
April 3 Boston, MA
April 5 Toronto, ONT
April 7 Cleveland, OH
April 8 Louisville, KY
April 10 Appleton, WI
April 11 Madison, WI
April 12 Minneapolis, MN
April 14 Denver, CO
April 16 San Francisco, CA
April 17 Los Angeles, CA

guedita
01-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Likewise. If Gorillaz and LCD are both on that poster, I may actually faint.

I think you're going to be in luck. Start carrying a pillow around with you to cushion the fall.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Tears vs. Fainting, what is more dramatically gay?

scoop49er
01-15-2010, 09:51 AM

lol. no the person has done a great job with it and last year was all crazy cuz of alot of specualtion and the delays......

i still look around and have alot of good stuff but i keep it to myself and just am looking forward to the festival... :) gonna be #4 for me. :) all good...

the lineup is looking really good though and the ones i want there are looking more and more like for sures so all good...

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 09:53 AM

If Gorillaz, Orbital, LCD, Dirty Projectors, and Thom Yorke are on the line up, I will do both.

ArcadeParade
01-15-2010, 09:55 AM
What good stuff you got Scoop?

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I do. Whether or not the music it produced is any good, I don't really think that any of them can be considered particularly great at their instruments. Lord knows there wasn't a single legitimately proficient singer.

hahahahaha. I can at least agree on the latter.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
If Gorillaz, Orbital, LCD, Dirty Projectors, and Thom Yorke are on the line up, I will do both.

Just seeing all those names in a row is making me misty eyed. Where is that fucking lineup?

JSam67

...says the guy with an obnoxious, multicolored sig.

ArcadeParade

Heaven.

JSam67
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow, forgot about the possibility of Thom Yorke somehow. Fuuuuck. Shaping up to be an undercard for the ages.

luckyface
01-15-2010, 10:05 AM
lol. no the person has done a great job with it and last year was all crazy cuz of alot of specualtion and the delays......

i still look around and have alot of good stuff but i keep it to myself and just am looking forward to the festival... :) gonna be #4 for me. :) all good...

the lineup is looking really good though and the ones i want there are looking more and more like for sures so all good...

http://6.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kuzo69ioz31qzobxio1_500.gif

bodydown
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM

Are you kidding me? The Minutemen were great musicians and Husker Du weren't too bad either. Mike Watt is a bad ass and Bob Mould is a great singer and guitar player.

I do both, electronic music and play instruments (I've played guitar for 20 years and piano for 27) and I can tell you pushing buttons and creating sequences is fun, but the level of skill required isn't even close to the same as learning enough guitar to pull off a 40 live shows a year with few mistakes. Being a good punk guitarist, bass player or drummer is much more difficult then being a good electronic musician.

schoolofruckus
01-15-2010, 10:09 AM

Sigging this.

Monklish
01-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Are you kidding me? The Minutemen were great musicians and Husker Du weren't too bad either. Mike Watt is a bad ass and Bob Mould is a great singer and guitar player.

I do both, electronic music and play instruments (I've played guitar for 20 years and piano for 27) and I can tell you pushing buttons and creating sequences is fun, but the level of skill required isn't even close to the same as learning enough guitar to pull off a 40 live shows a year with few mistakes. Being a good punk guitarist, bass player or drummer is much more difficult then being a good electronic musician.

Uh huh. No, that's actually the first thing I think of when I heard punk music. "This sounds really hard to play. Not everybody could do something this intricate, imaginative, and not at all just the same chord patterns that have existed for decades." Nope.

HandBanana
01-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Bob Mould was responsible for a generation's guitar sound. The 90s (for better or worse) owe a massive debt to his style(s)

Monklish
01-15-2010, 10:11 AM
That's why The Sex Pistols and The Ramones went into punk. Because it was the only genre that could challenge technicians of their level.

Leeartlee
01-15-2010, 10:11 AM
...says the guy with an obnoxious, multicolored sig.

Is it really that bothersome? Advice: Get over it, it's some colors

mfnalaska
01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Elvis Costello! Not even "heavily rumored"? Well, I'm excited about this anyway.

thestripe
01-15-2010, 10:14 AM

I don't think any of those acts were shooting for "Best at my Instrument" award.

Monklish
01-15-2010, 10:19 AM
What are you talking about, The? Not just ANYBODY can play 21st Century Digital Boy.

Monklish
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
It goes like this: the solo from Comfortably Numb; Ruby Soho. Motherfucking 1, and then RIGHT under it... 2.

Still-ill
01-15-2010, 10:22 AM
?
An argument over the technical proficiency of punk musicians?

lol.

MarkO
01-15-2010, 10:31 AM
?

lol.

Well, last year when everyone was waiting for the lineup, there was a multi pager over the hotness, or not, of Flo from the insurance ads.

bludevil007
01-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Well, last year when everyone was waiting for the lineup, there was a multi pager over the hotness, or not, of Flo from the insurance ads.

i still say not

Monklish
01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I know as a young drummer, I was always taught that as soon as I could play three Neil Peart parts flawlessly, then and only then would I be physically and mentally prepared to tackle I Wanna Be Your Dog.

JSam67
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM

Difference is, that's a subjective argument.

Mr. Fuzz
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't think any of those acts were shooting for "Best at my Instrument" award.

Obviously, you've never heard of Ron Asheton.

DjPhysix
01-15-2010, 10:43 AM
EDIT: DJ Damon Albarn Spins New Gorillaz On Radio 1

http://stereogum.com/archives/dj-damon-albarn-spins-new-gorillaz-on-radio-1_045861.html

Wait for it.....

EDIT: seems only 1 of the 3 tracks are still up on youtube

weeklymix
01-15-2010, 10:46 AM

She's disgusting.

TallGuyCM
01-15-2010, 10:47 AM

Hot.

thestripe
01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Obviously, you've never heard of Ron Asheton.

Obviously, you don't get it.

Boourns
01-15-2010, 10:54 AM
She & Him
The Glass House
Pomona, CA
April 15, 2009
On sale at 12 today on ticketfly.com

I think it's safe to say we have another secret show.

Reposted.

fiyahhh!
01-15-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but...

Shpongle
The Regency Ballroom
San Francisco, CA
Fri, 04/30/10

and

The Wedding Present
Performing Bizarro
in its Entirety
The Independent
San Francisco, CA
Saturday, April 24th

Boourns
01-15-2010, 11:24 AM

Shpongle
The Regency Ballroom
San Francisco, CA
Fri, 04/30/10

and

The Wedding Present
Performing Bizarro
in its Entirety
The Independent
San Francisco, CA
Saturday, April 24th

The Wedding Present is definitely not playing. In LA on 4/2 and in another time zone on 4/16 and 17.

fiyahhh!
01-15-2010, 11:26 AM
aha. (I just got the ticket e-mail and didn't research any other dates.)

malcolmjamalawesome
01-15-2010, 11:27 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3964/flox.jpg

LurkerFromTheFuture
01-15-2010, 11:27 AM
http://www.pophangover.com/wp-content/uploads/progressive-flo.jpg

MarkO
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
aha. (I just got the ticket e-mail and didn't research any other dates.)

I posted their full list of dates in the upcoming shows thread.

http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1490318&postcount=32100

PotVsKtl
01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3964/flox.jpg

My father over Christmas break as the Progressive ads played:

"They need to get rid of this bimbo."

omg wtf bbq
01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
My friend just got really pissed at me because I told him that Daft Punk was probably not playing and he was all like "I don't know how you know that, but i'm afraid you're not all knowing"

I lol'd

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
omg wtf bbq

Distorted_Jungle
01-15-2010, 12:00 PM

Shpongle
The Regency Ballroom
San Francisco, CA
Fri, 04/30/10

Shpongle is also in Tennessee on 4/15 and 4/16, i would say sunday is looking very possible.

Boourns
01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
omg wtf bbq

What bbq vendors will be at Coachella?

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Shpongle is also in Tennessee on 4/15 and 4/16, i would say sunday is looking very possible.

Hopefully it's live.

TallGuyCM
01-15-2010, 12:02 PM
omg wtf bbq

King Khan & omg wtf bbq show

omg wtf bbq
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
loling

oyeloca
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
EDIT: DJ Damon Albarn Spins New Gorillaz On Radio 1

http://stereogum.com/archives/dj-damon-albarn-spins-new-gorillaz-on-radio-1_045861.html

Wait for it.....

EDIT: seems only 1 of the 3 tracks are still up on youtube
JANUARY 15, 2009

1 year late

ficklecycle
01-15-2010, 12:04 PM
lolwut

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 12:07 PM
its a god awful small affair.

PotVsKtl
01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
http://kenwilsonelt.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/thin-white-duke-david-bowie.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 12:10 PM
to the girl with the mousy hair.

omg wtf bbq
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Can anyone confirm that Daft Punk is NOT playing?
Now I got like 4 people talking shit cause I said they were not playing

PotVsKtl
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
http://thetotam.com/style/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/david_bowie_scan1.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Daft Punk isn't playing.

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Oh yeah, Bowie?

DjPhysix
01-15-2010, 12:14 PM
JANUARY 15, 2009

1 year late

Touché - I knew I have been working too many hours lately..

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
but her mummy is yelling no, and her daddy has told her to go.

boarderwoozel3
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
?

lol.

Interesting topic, indeed.

Although it would be sloppy to dismiss Matt Freeman's abilities on the bass. Not saying he's some kind of virtuoso but certainly not playing the same note 100 times in a row. Maxwell Murder comes to mind.

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Rancid at the Roseland Ballroom in '96 was my first concert evar. True story.

ArcadeParade
01-15-2010, 12:28 PM
re: Owen Pallett

It looks like we're in luck... confirmed for sunday...

MissingPerson
01-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Now that thar is yer Virtuouso.

ArcadeParade
01-15-2010, 12:33 PM
OWEN!

paulb
01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
coslive:Enjoy your sleep kids. Coachella lineup Monday night!
11 minutes ago from Tweetie

cant wait!

boarderwoozel3
01-15-2010, 12:38 PM
What? For real-real?

Wait, that came from CoS..... Meh.

sacleonard
01-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Interesting topic, indeed.

Although it would be sloppy to dismiss Matt Freeman's abilities on the bass. Not saying he's some kind of virtuoso but certainly not playing the same note 100 times in a row. Maxwell Murder comes to mind.

Great bass lines on that song.

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 12:40 PM
What? For real-real?

Wait, that came from CoS..... Meh.

Kroq said they were announcing the line-up Tuesday. So, we'll probably get it Monday night.

boarderwoozel3
01-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Coachella 2010 lineup due out Tuesday; here’s what we know! (http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/15/coachella-2010-lineup-due-out-tuesday-heres-what-we-know/)

When you log onto your computer Tuesday morning, following a weekend of rest and relaxation, the 2010 lineup for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will be available for your viewing pleasures. Barring any last minute problems! Of course, having just read that, you’ll probably now dedicate your entire weekend to hitting the refresh button. That’s ok, because we will be too.

Anyhow, we have spent the last few days emailing and calling anyone who may know anything, and thought we’d share the results with you ahead of the big announcement. Here’s what we know:

As mentioned, the lineup will be officially announced Tuesday morning on KROQ radio in Los Angeles. Based on past experience, we can assume the lineup will be unveiled, via Coachella.com or the Los Angeles Times sometime around 12:00am PST. So, expect no sleep.

As best we can tell, the lineup should look something like this: Muse will headline Friday, while the Gorillaz will debut its latest album, Plastic Beach, by closing out the festival on Sunday. Saturday remains a bit unclear and, according to several folks with knowledge of the festival, could play out in one of two ways: A “surprise” headliner or Jay-Z, who would be apparently accompanied by Kanye West and Alicia Keys. At this moment, it is unknown who that “surprise” headliner may be or what factor will determine the two options.

Others names we expect to appear on the lineup include the Beastie Boys, Faith No More, Wilco, LCD Soundsystem, Phoenix, Spoon, Yeasayer, Hot Chip, Devo, The Dead Weather, Passion Pit, She & Him, The Big Pink, and The xx.

An appearance by Pavement, which at one point appeared to be a given before rumors surfaced the band would not be playing, still remains a possibility. According to a person familiar with the band’s plans, “don’t count them out.”

A separate source has told us that Radiohead’s Thom Yorke is set to appear at Indio for a solo performance, however, we have been unable to confirm this.

We’ll of course continue working throughout the weekend and will let you know as soon as we hear more. Be sure to check out our Coachella Outlook page for all the latest lineup news and rumors.
Timing seems realistic anyway.

boarderwoozel3
01-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Kroq said they were announcing the line-up Tuesday. So, we'll probably get it Monday night.

My initial reaction to reading the KROQ bit went something like:

http://blog.highspeedweb.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/150_ah_geez_not_this_shit_again.jpg

Fuck repeating last year, fuck it with a splintering wooden spoon.

I eagerly look forward to Monday night.

paulb
01-15-2010, 12:44 PM
muse on friday? and Suprise Saturday? mhm....and Bboys playing...they better not be subbing under Gorillaz, unless they are performing Pauls Boutique and only need a 50-60min set.

TallGuyCM
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM

You always have an interesting way of fucking things, boarder.

Gribbz
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
My initial reaction to reading the KROQ bit went something like:

http://blog.highspeedweb.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/150_ah_geez_not_this_shit_again.jpg

I eagerly look forward to Monday night.

I don't think they'll make the same mistake again. Unless they are masochists.

EDIT* The word "sadists" could also be applied.

boarderwoozel3
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Paul, Re: Beastie Boys

Why would it matter if they're subbing/heading? Other than the extra ~20 minutes, wouldn't it mean another band on their level would play as well? Or is it a perceived respect thing? Honest question, indulge me.

shotglass75
01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
found this one. haven't seen it on here yet. love the addition of Scott Walker

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9995/coachella2.jpg

ficklecycle
01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
I've got the line up. All you gotta do is reach for my pants.

TommyboyUNM
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Why is everyone so down on KROQ because of last year? They were probably told about the lineup announcement and things changed at the last minute. I seriously doubt a corporate radio station would risk its credibility by announcing something it wasn't sure about.

Boourns
01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Sounds like one hell of a Coachella! Excitement!

ficklecycle
01-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Why is everyone so down on KROQ because of last year? They were probably told about the lineup announcement and things changed at the last minute. I seriously doubt a corporate radio station would risk its credibility by announcing something it wasn't sure about.

Yeah I'm with you Tommy. People just dislike KROQ though. But I mean, their name is on the poster every year for a reason...

theecat
01-15-2010, 12:53 PM
No, Paulb's right for once. Simon and Garfunkel are 100 times better than Cohen in a generous estimate. Generous to Cohen that is. Sorry faggots.

stop eating sperm, you negative bastard you.

FoxeyLady
01-15-2010, 12:55 PM

This is exactly what happened. Everyone blames Kroq, but it in fact it was GV who ended up stalling.

KROQ still sucks though :)

boarderwoozel3
01-15-2010, 12:55 PM

I completely agree but for my own sanity approach this go-around with guarded optimism.

PotVsKtl
01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Monklish knows approximately nothing about music, quit responding to his retarded proclamations.

FoxeyLady
01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
muse on friday? and Suprise Saturday? mhm....and Bboys playing...they better not be subbing under Gorillaz, unless they are performing Pauls Boutique and only need a 50-60min set.

Paul's Boutique into Plastic Beach FTW

PotVsKtl
01-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Paul's Boutique into Plastic Beach FTW

Not happening. Totally implausible.

FoxeyLady
01-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Not happening. Totally implausible.

Yeah but my point was it would be awesome. Not that I think it's plausible.

faxman75
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
I got another e-mail a little bit ago and I haven't been on line all day so I don't know if they have started advertising it yet.

Corbett, Kat
to me

show details 2:28 PM (31 minutes ago)

hey kevin and bean are making an announcement tuesday morning!

theecat
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
found this one. haven't seen it on here yet. love the addition of Scott Walker

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9995/coachella2.jpg

yeah this is glorious. The best yet.

MarkO
01-15-2010, 01:02 PM
found this one. haven't seen it on here yet. love the addition of Scott Walker ..............

Scott Walker couldn't even play in front of the audience when he did Later ...........

theecat
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Monklish knows approximately nothing about music, quit responding to his retarded proclamations.

good point Pot. I usually ignore the idiosyncrasy that randy comes up with, but it was exceptionally negative. Eh, whatev.

ficklecycle
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I got another e-mail a little bit ago and I haven't been on line all day so I don't know if they have started advertising it yet.

:thu

Harrisment
01-15-2010, 01:05 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/15/coachella-2010-lineup-due-out-tuesday-heres-what-we-know/

I was on board with the idea of Jay-Z as a headliner until they said that Kanye would be with him. Gross!

yeahfontaine
01-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Mark, you have a really long sig. Just sayin'...

EDIT It seems that so does everyone else in this thread, so I take it back.

Alchemy
01-15-2010, 01:14 PM
I hope Gorillaz don't just play Plastic Beach. I think Robert Del Naja is on that beast though, and if so, Massive Attack into Gorillaz would be a dream come true.

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm calling it... Plastic Beach is going to be a main set and then we'll get an encore of singles.

HandBanana
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Massive Attack deserve a make-up set for all the nimrod Tool fans during their set in 06.

Perhaps we should bomb Bakersfield too.

paulb
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Paul, Re: Beastie Boys

Why would it matter if they're subbing/heading? Other than the extra ~20 minutes, wouldn't it mean another band on their level would play as well? Or is it a perceived respect thing? Honest question, indulge me.

I don't care if they headline or sub, I just wanna see them, but 90min would be a lot nicer than a 50-60 min set. That's all.

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 01:18 PM
90 minutes of Gorillaz would be a lot more enjoyable.

weeklymix
01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm calling it... Plastic Beach is going to be a main set and then we'll get an encore of singles.

If Gorillaz aren't on that poster you will have set yourself up for a lot of pain. :(

Monklish
01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Beasties are subbing under Jay-Z. Suck that, Paul.

ficklecycle
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Sounds very likely. I'd love it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-15-2010, 01:22 PM

weird if it indeeds end up looking like this. but it sounds like its going to happen this way.

paulb
01-15-2010, 01:27 PM

Bboys there= s'all good. Jay Z is excellent live

Mak Attack
01-15-2010, 01:29 PM
So...Gorillaz/Orbital conflict?

boarderwoozel3
01-15-2010, 01:29 PM
I'll be shocked if we actually call all three headliners.

No thank you :)

obzen
01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Where is David Bowie's annual not playing Coachella statement?

over1/2decade
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/15/coachella-2010-lineup-due-out-tuesday-heres-what-we-know/

BlackSwan
I wonder what the chances are for Jay-Z. His name on the poster would make my wife super excited.

faxman75
Muse, Gorillaz, Pearl Jam.

BlackSwan

Biggest scheduling fail ever.

ArcadeParade
Guarded Optimism.

obzen
01-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I'll "lol".

kitt kat
01-15-2010, 01:36 PM
I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW

BlackSwan
01-15-2010, 01:36 PM
How is possible that Kat gets more annoying over time?

weeklymix
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM

You are an obnoxious twit.

bobert

Is your box vegazzled?

faxman75
lol

TallGuyCM
01-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Muse, Gorillaz, Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam's not playing.

Monklish
You can't blame Kat. She's existed her entire life having to deal with never knowing things. Now she thinks she does for once. Sadly, it will turn out that she was just being duped again.

sonofhal

How mature of you.

MilesOzog,PitchforkEditor
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM

You'll go far in the music biz.

faxman75
Pearl Jam's not playing.

Source? I'm not going to have this Jazz Fest argument again, i'm letting you know in advance.

BlackSwan
Or...

Sadly, it will turn out that she was just being dped again.

weeklymix
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
If she's this excited it probably has something to do with Animal Collective. Big deal.

TallGuyCM
01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Or...

YES! Good one BS.

TallGuyCM
01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs153.snc3/18053_411837665522_820220522_10744796_2925863_n.jp g

thestripe
01-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Bowie handjobs.

faxman75
01-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Thank god they typed "this is fake fake fake" on that thing or we all might have been duped!

kitt kat
http://kenwilsonelt.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/thin-white-duke-david-bowie.jpg

LOLing

weeklymix
I would honestly have a boner all day of that 1977 Sunday.