PDA

View Full Version : Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

paulthomasanderson
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, and then he got cancer. COINCIDENCE?

I sense a friendship in the making.

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
It's kind of funny to see Monklish's rather, um, large "unique" mug square off against PTA's handsome dreamy face.

Monklish
12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Pretty good alias, all things considered. But I'm not sure how else to make you funny now, so... on your way.

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Pretty good alias, all things considered. But I'm not sure how else to make you funny now, so... on your way.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060505/15357__alias_l.jpg

paulthomasanderson
12-07-2009, 04:26 PM
It's kind of funny to see Monklish's rather, um, large "unique" mug square off against PTA's handsome dreamy face.

That made me blush, admittedly. Right, on my way now...

summerkid
12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
gah...my friend said he was listening to the radio (91x) and that they said Pearl Jam is playing an upcoming festival in California.

Fucking Lame.

Gribbz
12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
So Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, and Muse?

Sounds like Austin City Limits.

karma_guy
12-07-2009, 04:43 PM

hoooraaay for the sahara

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
gah...my friend said he was listening to the radio (91x) and that they said Pearl Jam is playing an upcoming festival in California.

Fucking Lame.

They played Outside Lands last year already too. Any other California festivals? I still think even if headliners end up being weak the subheadliners will more than make up for it. I also don't think this Muse Beasties Pearl Jam thing is going to happen. These conversations are shaping up like last year's Killers Neil Young and Pearl Jam nonsense all over again.

summerkid
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM

yeah, very uninspired choices.

Gribbz
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
That doesn't seem like a trio of headliners Coachella would go with...it's more like just 3 lazy choices that Lolla or ACL would get...Coachella will have something bigger and more special I believe...

This is what I was thinking...

PJandBompton
12-07-2009, 04:48 PM
They played Outside Lands last year already too. Any other California festivals? I still think even if headliners end up being weak the subheadliners will more than make up for it. I also don't think this Muse Beasties Pearl Jam thing is going to happen. These conversations are shaping up like last year's Killers Neil Young and Pearl Jam nonsense all over again.

the rumors were never this strong for PJ though...I still don't see it happening really...As huge a PJ fan as i am they just did a West Coast tour and midwest/east coast are the next mini tours on the horizon...it just doesn't make sense to play Coachella...

PJandBompton
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
and i'm still not sure about Muse...we all thought KOL were a lock last year...the Muse situation reminds me ALOT like KOL last year...

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Why are we even entertaining this thought? How credible of a source of info is 91x this early on in the game? If it was the week before the lineup was announced I might think different, but c'mon, some DJ on their station probably did a Google search for Coachella rumors, read it and believed it just like that lady did years ago by announcing Bowie was playing.

dorkfish
12-07-2009, 04:53 PM
The difference is that Muse is playing.

paulthomasanderson
12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
The difference is that Muse is playing.

Unless he proposes to his girlfriend and schedules the wedding for that weekend, in which the two remaining players will be forced to continue as a jam band; thus making for a grand entrance for someone much better and, dare I say, bolder.

PJandBompton
12-07-2009, 04:58 PM
This is what I was thinking...

more special, like Jack Johnson or The Killers?

people have been asking for Muse...

BBoys 1st performance since the cancer ordeal isn't special?

Pearl Jam, the band that gave hope to Coachella finally returning to the Polo Fields isn't special?

It's funny because once Pavement started getting booked everywhere people stopped caring as much...you guys will be happy when Pavement and FNM are subheadliners and the undercard is sick...

summerkid
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Why are we even entertaining this thought? How credible of a source of info is 91x this early on in the game? If it was the week before the lineup was announced I might think different, but c'mon, some DJ on their station probably did a Google search for Coachella rumors, read it and believed it just like that lady did years ago by announcing Bowie was playing.

see that's something we dont know he could be spouting nonsense so we have to take it with a grain of salt and hope its untrue, but he did say it apparently so it gets you thinking you know?

suprefan
12-07-2009, 06:10 PM
more special, like Jack Johnson or The Killers?

people have been asking for Muse...

BBoys 1st performance since the cancer ordeal isn't special?

Pearl Jam, the band that gave hope to Coachella finally returning to the Polo Fields isn't special?

It's funny because once Pavement started getting booked everywhere people stopped caring as much...you guys will be happy when Pavement and FNM are subheadliners and the undercard is sick...

Seomthing like that.

Undies
12-07-2009, 06:12 PM

Fack. I skipped ACL this year for a reason. damnit.

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 06:15 PM
see that's something we dont know he could be spouting nonsense so we have to take it with a grain of salt and hope its untrue, but he did say it apparently so it gets you thinking you know?

Not really. In order for me start reading into this rumor, someone is going to have to debunk either Muse or The Beastie Boys as headliners, because I refuse to believe Coachella organizers would go so over the top frat boy mainstream alternative on us. The only year I was okay with the overfraturated headliners was '07 but at least RATM was a reunion (And I don't care if the Beasties are making a cancer comeback! They'd been playing pretty consistently before that, so what's a few months off!) There's no way all three can be this year's number 1's, though.

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
On that note...

HEY GOLDENVOICE, IT'S GOOD TO KNOW IF ANY ONCE-RELEVANT AND NO LONGER AS POPULAR GHOST-OF-THEMSELVES BANDS WANT TO BE PUSHED BACK INTO THE LIMELIGHT AND HEADLINE YOUR FESTIVAL, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS GET CANCER.

Ha.SK
12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I ALREADY TOOK THOSE DAYS OFF WORK...SO IM HOPING IT REALLY GOES DOWN APRIL16-18..OR ELSE CRUSHING BLOWS!!!!

seriously me and a coworker did the same thing about a month ago.

Ha.SK
12-07-2009, 06:42 PM
oh yeah and coheed announced this today:

"Our new album will be titled, “Year of the Black Rainbow,” and is set for release in April 2010 and will be followed by a headline tour of the US, and then on to Europe and the UK for festivals and such."

http://www.coheedandcambria.com/us/news/year-black-rainbow

paulthomasanderson
12-07-2009, 06:43 PM

"Our new album will be titled, “Year of the Black Rainbow,” and is set for release in April 2010 and will be followed by a headline tour of the US, and then on to Europe and the UK for festivals and such."

http://www.coheedandcambria.com/us/news/year-black-rainbow

PTA does not approve of what you're trying to insinuate.

summerkid
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
On that note...

HEY GOLDENVOICE, IT'S GOOD TO KNOW IF ANY ONCE-RELEVANT AND NO LONGER AS POPULAR GHOST-OF-THEMSELVES BANDS WANT TO BE PUSHED BACK INTO THE LIMELIGHT AND HEADLINE YOUR FESTIVAL, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS GET CANCER.

will you shut the fuck up. That has nothing to do with it they headlined coachella in 2003 and bonnaroo last year and their last non-instrumental album was number one on the billboard charts so you obviously dont know what the fuck you are talking about and are being a complete ass about it.

karma_guy
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
PTA does not approve of what you're trying to insinuate.

there's always that one band like this
though i thought this year would be brand new
but i guess it could be coheed

paulthomasanderson
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
there's always that one band like this
though i thought this year would be brand new
but i guess it could be coheed

Brand New has been thrown around for what seems like ages ever since that 2003 album. How do I know? Don't ask. But they've been desired for. C&C are not as touchy-feely as Brand New, yes? Then I approve. Oh wait, nevermind.

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 06:51 PM
will you shut the fuck up. That has nothing to do with it they headlined coachella in 2003 and bonnaroo last year and their last non-instrumental album was number one on the billboard charts so you obviously dont know what the fuck you are talking about and are being a complete ass about it.

I'm just saying that if he never got black death before they had a chance to headline APW, they wouldn't be sitting pretty as one of this year's Coachella headlining favorites. It also ticks me off further to know we'll be getting last year's Bonnaroo's leftovers. I thought it was bad enough we'll probably get Phoenix, Grizzly Bear and Dirty Projectors who already played 'Roo last year when it actually made sense for those bands to.

obzen
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM

http://www.coheedandcambria.com/us/news/year-black-rainbow:poo

brycerosen
12-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Muse Beastie Boys and Pearl Jam would be very awesome in my book I bet that means the undercard is gonna very impresove too since there's no Prince/Macca/Reunion type headliner

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Muse Beastie Boys and Pearl Jam would be very awesome in my book I bet that means the undercard is gonna very impresove too since there's no Prince/Macca/Reunion type headliner

It was supposedly going to be The Rolling Stones. Now do you understand why Muse Beastie Boys and Pearl Jam looks like dung in comparison to getting hopes up for that?

summerkid
12-07-2009, 07:29 PM
It was supposedly going to be The Rolling Stones. Now do you understand why Muse Beastie Boys and Pearl Jam looks like dung in comparison to getting hopes up for that?

i'd much rather have muse beastie boys and pearl jam than the rolling stones especially if that means using money that would have gone to the stones on some amazing subheadliners.

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
i'd much rather have muse beastie boys and pearl jam than the rolling stones especially if that means using money that would have gone to the stones on some amazing subheadliners.

Well apparently we're not getting Blur so what amazing subheadliners are we going to get and how many of them are going to conflict with each other in massive amounts?

PassiveTheory
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
MASSIVE AMOUNTS.

summerkid
12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Well it looks like we are getting Massive Attack and Pavement I'd say that's a good start.

brycerosen
12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Well apparently we're not getting Blur so what amazing subheadliners are we going to get and how many of them are going to conflict with each other in massive amounts?
Your saying if blur is out then there's no good sub? And why bother cause there will be conflicts? I think there's just no pleasing u

somebodytoldme
12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Well it looks like we are getting Massive Attack and Pavement I'd say that's a good start.

Massive bored me to death back in whenever it was and I don't like Pavement, who I hear also are boring live.

aguila26
12-07-2009, 07:47 PM
WHAT THE FUCK? PHOENIX IS THE SHIT!

suprefan
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
WHAT THE FUCK? PHOENIX IS THE SHIT!

We know, moving along.

obzen
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
If Muse/Beastie Boys/Pearl Jam are headliners, 4 the following acts better be there:

Faith No More
Deftones
Sade
PJ Harvey
Massive Attack
Kool Keith
Afrika Bambaataa
Orbital
Underworld
ADULT.

Otherwise, fuck Coachella for 2010.

boarderwoozel3
12-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I'd like to see David Guetta play. Dude's new album has got some serious bangers.

pachucasunrise
12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
"Year of the Black Rainbow?" What the fuck?
Coheed would be pretty good though. Sunset on the mainstage?

suprefan
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
If Muse/Beastie Boys/Pearl Jam are headliners, 4 the following acts better be there:

Faith No More
Deftones
Sade
PJ Harvey
Massive Attack
Kool Keith
Afrika Bambaataa
Orbital
Underworld
ADULT.

2 things are true about that whole psot.

pachucasunrise
12-07-2009, 08:12 PM

Faith No More
Deftones
Sade
PJ Harvey
Massive Attack
Kool Keith
Afrika Bambaataa
Orbital
Underworld
ADULT.

Massive Attack, FNM and Deftones would all be amazing. I'm not sure if FNM and Deftones would both play, that'd be too big on the platinum-selling-heavy-band quotient for Coachella. I'd say one of them could though, and Massive Attack would just be orgasmic.

pancakespancakes
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
It looks like we're getting Massive Attack now? God I am out of the loop.

Egull
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Muse Beastie Boys and Pearl Jam

I would say this looks like a step backwards from Outside Lands original lineup last year...But, I would be down to see Beastie Boys since that was one of the main reasons I got a 3 day pass to OSL and was sadly disappointed. So Basically what I am getting at is Beastie Boys-Yes Please, Pearl Jam-Please No.

Egull
12-07-2009, 08:24 PM
On that note...

Stupid.

Monklish
12-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Those aren't going to be the headliners, you dorks. There's no old bastard headliner.

Monklish hath spoken.

guedita
12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
It looks like we're getting Massive Attack now? God I am out of the loop.

With Heliogland coming out in Feb 2010, it is seeming probable that they'll be out on the road. Definitely could be subheadliner extraordinaire year for Coachella, since the rumored (Muse confirmed?) headliners are so paltry.

pachucasunrise
12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Dunno if this has been noticed but Jonsi (from Sigur Ros) could happen... this makes Sigur Ros almost completely unlikely but I'd still be happy to see him.

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/press/go.php

sigur rós front man jón "jónsi" thor birgisson will be releasing his debut solo album, entitled go, on parlophone records on march 22nd 2010

jónsi will be bringing these songs to life with an extensive world tour throughout 2010.

Could be sweet.

obzen
12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
If Muse/Beastie Boys/Pearl Jam are headliners, 5 the following acts better be there:

Faith No More
Deftones
Thom Yorke
Sigur Ros
Sade
PJ Harvey
Massive Attack
Kool Keith
Afrika Bambaataa
Orbital
Underworld
ADULT.

Fixed.

weeklymix
12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
So since AIR has announced a tour date within a month of Coachella in Los Angeles does that mean they will not be at Coachella? I thought I read somewhere bands could not play near Coachella's dates near the venue?

dorkfish
12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
So since AIR has announced a tour date within a month of Coachella in Los Angeles does that mean they will not be at Coachella? I thought I read somewhere bands could not play near Coachella's dates near the venue?
Usually, but not always. I'm not sure that they'd want to play a 3rd time as the 2nd time was about as bad of a show as you could have.

DFrank
12-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Those aren't going to be the headliners, you dorks. There's no old bastard headliner.

Sooo...have we thought about the possibility of having NO HEADLINERS? Has this been debated? Because it should be.

weeklymix
12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Usually, but not always. I'm not sure that they'd want to play a 3rd time as the 2nd time was about as bad of a show as you could have.

Thanks for clearing that up. I know they had an awful 2007 but I also know 2004 was great... I guess we'll see in the early dates of this N. American tour?

paulb
12-07-2009, 10:48 PM

Monklish hath spoken.

old band headliner is the new thing they are doing...2010 will be no different.

rage patton
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM

Keep the Rolling Stones away from Coachella.

microcuts
12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Are the Rolling Stones even still alive? I mean seriously. They look like decaying old men. Ick.

suprefan
12-08-2009, 05:29 AM

Monklish hath spoken.

:nono

betao
12-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Are the Rolling Stones even still alive? I mean seriously. They look like decaying old men. Ick.

What the hell does age have to do with it? Leonard Cohen is in his mid 70s and he had one of the most haunting and beautiful stage vibes I've ever seen.

Ha.SK
12-08-2009, 05:50 AM
i dont think coheed could headline but i would hope they'd be there. Brand new as well

karma_guy
12-08-2009, 05:54 AM
What the hell does age have to do with it? Leonard Cohen is in his mid 70s and he had one of the most haunting and beautiful stage vibes I've ever seen.

i think the difference is that leonard can still sing

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 06:11 AM
As I said earlier, Muse and Beasties? Sure. Add Pearl Jam into that? Um, no. On a year where they actually have the opportunity to provide eclectic top lines, you actually think they're going to give us overfraturated KROQish headliners containing a weak new band a la Jack Johnson/The Killers, last year's Bonnarroo headliners, last year's Outside Lands headliners (who've played a ton 4 shows in LA just a few months ago?) Some people on here don't seem to get it, year after year. "ALBUM SALES! ALBUM SALES!" Album sales mean nothing these days.

liquidsnake28
12-08-2009, 06:36 AM

In this case age as a whole lot to do with it. Stones songs were about sex, drugs and rock n' roll. They were youthful and rebellious. Cohen was like an old man from the beginning.

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 06:40 AM
In this case age as a whole lot to do with it. Stones songs were about sex, drugs and rock n' roll. They were youthful and rebellious. Cohen was like an old man from the beginning.

Have you never heard a Leonard Cohen song? He sings about sex drugs and rock 'n roll, too, except when he's a whole lot smoother of a gentleman when he does it.

betao
12-08-2009, 07:30 AM

Iggy is in his 60s. Would you say no to him and The Stooges based on this reasoning?

Leeartlee
12-08-2009, 07:40 AM
As I said earlier, Muse and Beasties? Sure. Add Pearl Jam into that? Um, no. On a year where they actually have the opportunity to provide eclectic top lines, you actually think they're going to give us overfraturated KROQish headliners containing a weak new band a la Jack Johnson/The Killers, last year's Bonnarroo headliners, last year's Outside Lands headliners (who've played a ton 4 shows in LA just a few months ago?) Some people on here don't seem to get it, year after year. "ALBUM SALES! ALBUM SALES!" Album sales mean nothing these days.

Are you copy/pasting this around the board?

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Are you copy/pasting this around the board?

Haha I'm sorry but I'm trying to cover make my points yet I keep forgetting which threads they're in, since every thread right now seems to be about the same exact thing!

suprefan
12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
i dont think coheed could headline but i would hope they'd be there. Brand new as well

You must be 17 and a fat female if you want Brand New at the festival.

A_1_B_2
12-08-2009, 07:52 AM

If any emo bands should play this year, let it be Jimmy Eat World. At least they were smart enough to break free from the chains of the major label's emo marketing hell.

Leeartlee
12-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Haha I'm sorry but I'm trying to cover make my points yet I keep forgetting which threads they're in, since every thread right now seems to be about the same exact thing!

Well just keep in good faith that the people on here will eventually see what you wrote and will respond if they choose to

Monklish
12-08-2009, 07:54 AM

Psst. You're not saying anything anyone hasn't already heard before, every fucking year. You don't need to cover all your bases. Nobody gives a fuck.

Leeartlee
12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Psst. You're not saying anything anyone hasn't already heard before, every fucking year. You don't need to cover all your bases. Nobody gives a fuck.

This was definitely another way to put it...

Monklish
12-08-2009, 07:57 AM
I just had a funny idea.

liquidsnake28
12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Iggy is in his 60s. Would you say no to him and The Stooges based on this reasoning?

Iggy isn't Mick. I'm not even sure he's human. Punk is different. I loved his set at Vegoose. You really don't think the Stones would be kinda lame at this age?

Leeartlee
12-08-2009, 08:12 AM
The problem with The Stones is that their catalog is fucking patchy as hell. They have talent and have written some good songs over the year, but what they choose to play live is like some kind of horrible.

Plus yes, they are very, very old

suprefan
12-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I just had a funny idea.

Good.

sk8r408
12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Silversun Pickups are supporting Muse on their tour, so that would make them a likely Coachella repeat.

higgybaby23
12-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Silversun Pickups are supporting Muse on their tour, so that would make them a likely Coachella repeat.

It would actually be a three-peat. They played in 08 + 09.

Monklish
12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
No--they played in 07 and 09.

higgybaby23
12-08-2009, 09:13 AM
^You are correct sir.

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 09:15 AM

Yeah, we already went over this and my guess is they'll only be Muse's east coast openers. Try finding out whose supporting them on the west coast, if you can.

BlackSwan
12-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I hope it's the whole tour.

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I hope it's the whole tour.

Where do you envision them playing then as a repeat act? They already had a high profile spot last year on the week of their new album was released by following up Leonard Cohen, headlining the Outdoor Theatre right before Paul McCartney went on. It doesn't get any bigger than that, unless you think they'll let them subheadline right before Muse goes on. :rotfl Anything else would be a downgrade.

BlackSwan
12-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Maybe Muse aren't playing Coachella. Ya never know.

EDIT: Also...

Welll they sent an email out, oops on the SLC.

Apr 05 The E Center, Salt Lake City, UT

And per their email it has Silversun Pickups opening even in April.

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Maybe Muse aren't playing Coachella. Ya never know.

EDIT: Also...

Still means nothing. SP might open their entire tour until it ends up at Coachella, where they'll drop off and someone else will join (or it'll just be the last stop altogether.)

BlackSwan
12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
You are fucking retarded. I never said I wanted Silversun to play at Coachella, so what exactly is your point?

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
You are fucking retarded. I never said I wanted Silversun to play at Coachella, so what exactly is your point?

A few posts above you said "I hope it's the whole tour." That sure made it sound like you wanted them to play, big guy.

Leeartlee
12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
It's not his fault, this board turns even the nicest people into huge bags of rage

Foucault
12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Whether you are who you say you are, you have my sincere encouragement to ignore anything and everything said by "Monklish." Guy is a hater, pure and simple.

As in the ones only you care about? There are people who are more interested in the non-commercial releases than those that are, in case you didn't know that. Your opinion can also mean little to me since you haven't seen TWBB.

Monklish
12-08-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm sure the alias is really comforted by your comments, dipshit.

Leeartlee
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
wait, who the fuck are we talking about?

Jon Blazed
12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
This is not a wish list thread..news should be trickling in the next few months and this is a place where we can keep track of things and discuss the confirmed or heavily rumored (with source) acts and feel free to post stuff in here as you stumble upon it and I will update this page.

Confirmed
Devo http://themusicslut.com/2009/10/8-questions-with-devo/
Pretty Lights http://twitter.com/theprettylights
Zoe http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/93719.html
Miike Snow http://www.examiner.com/x-17319-Chicago-Music-Industry-Examiner~y2009m10d22-Exclusive-Interview-with-Andrew-Wyatt-of-Miike-Snow
Craze and Klever http://amonly.com/default.aspx
Aeroplane http://www.myspace.com/aeroplanemusiclove
El Gran Silencio http://monterreyunder.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/el-gran-silencio-es-la-1er-banda-confirmada-para-el-festival-coachella-2010/
As Tall As Lions http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=246068&catid=373&Itemid=2322

Heavily Rumored

Beastie Boys ("Considering playing") http://www.movieline.com/2009/12/adam-yauch-on-oscilloscopes-new-dvd-club-his-cancer-recovery-and-beastie-boys-coachella-plans.php

Pavement http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2009/09/the_pavement_re.html

Muse (Begin US Tour in April)

Jack White in some form (said he might go to coachella on the vault chat someone took a screen shot here) http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33601&page=8

Faith No More (Are apparently playing SF in April) http://twitter.com/Roddybottum

Spacemen 3-Offer to reunite for $500,000.
NSFW
http://www.buddyhead.com/gossip-130-the-mayor-of-pink-town-captain-panty-sniffer-and-finally-a-crabcore-pedal-aka-suck-pedal/

Echo and the Bunnymen-Touring West and East Coast in April
http://www.bunnymen.com/#/news/

Sunny Day Real Estate (in talks to play according to superfiction who talked to them)

Vampire Weekend-Lediable said that they told him they were playing coachella after a show.

Hot Chip and the xx (touring together in April 16 in SF)

Tegan and Sara (spring tour does not include LA and stops in SLC Utah on April 6) http://teganandsara.com/shows/

Bloody Beetroots LIVE (playing hard fest in LA the next week) http://fla.vor.us/wafform.aspx?_act=eventview&_pky=66566

Bad Lieutenant "additional dates in April" http://pitchfork.com/news/37101-bad-lieutenant-cancel-us-gigs/

The Cribs-Johnny Marr said so after a show

Dirty Projectors (pancakes talked to them after the show and confirmed it)

Hard NYC Lineup April 4: Proxy, Boys Noize, Buraka Som Sistema, Major Lazer.

Imogen Heap: wants to play and working on getting booked http://twitter.com/imogenheap/status/5180421079

Cornelius http://www.windishagency.com/avails
looking for opportunities in Spring around anchor festivals

Avett Brothers (playing in Nevada the weekend of Coachella and stagecoach http://www.theavettbrothers.com/events

Hockey (supposedly Alt Nation on XM radio said they would be playing)

A Place to Bury Strangers (touring with Big Pink in San Diego April 15 and no LA Date on the tour)

The Big Pink (said that they will play socal next when they play coachella in 2010.)

Baroness (said they were playing after a show)

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (Coachella Bound was told by the band they have an offer to play)

Girls (said that they are in talks to play after a show)

How come Iggy & the Stooges have fallin off of teh list? How do we know for sure the dates of Coachella? I'm seriously, they are the only reason I'm even on the internet.

hendrixfan143
12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I hope they don't play again.

Foucault
12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
in the same way that i'm hurt by yours. xo

captncrzy
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
How come Iggy & the Stooges have fallin off of teh list? How do we know for sure the dates of Coachella? I'm seriously, they are the only reason I'm even on the internet.

You should stop smoking so much

Jon Blazed
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I hope they don't play again.

Why would you hope that?

kitt kat
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I think it would be best to ignore him, stellar

Man i kinda hope for spaceman 3 this year would be awesome like what if it went like
???? /spaceman 3/velvet underground.

You are retarded. 1/4 of the VU is dead. They will never perform together again. There is no VU without Sterling.

I saw these interesting avails at Windish:

Neon Indian 2010: Spring one-offs and festivals

The Knife 2010 open to ideas

Yeasayer 2010: April-May headlining, for support

Fever Ray 2010 TBA

Let the rumormongering begin!

Also, I was stupid the other night at the Nite Jewel/Cold Cave show and talked to the girl from Cold Cave without even knowing it. I was just trying to find Ramona to say hi. But, I only watched 10 mins of CC anyway; they really blow live.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Whether you are who you say you are, you have my sincere encouragement to ignore anything and everything said by "Monklish." Guy is a hater, pure and simple.

I chuckled at this. I know most would rather have Robin Williams do a comedy skit at Coachella than me boring everyone to hell for an hour on stage. Oh wait, Sean Penn beat me to that already.

BlackSwan
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
The Knife have been "open to ideas" since last year.

Monklish
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Robin Williams? When's the last time anyone ever mentioned Robin Williams doing stand-up, PTA? The fuck is this, Comic Relief 89?

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Robin Williams? When's the last time anyone ever mentioned Robin Williams doing stand-up, PTA? The fuck is this, Comic Relief 89?

"Dead Poet's Society" was released in 89. So....89?

Monklish
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
... I'm fucking prescient.

BlackSwan
12-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Robin Williams' stand up is still good.

Monklish
12-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Your momma's box.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
... I'm fucking prescient.

Should've gone with the 70s. Now you've embarrassed yourself. DPS was great. My bet's on Sean Penn being asked back within the next 2-3 years.

Monklish
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Dead Poets Society was boring as shit. I'm not surprised you liked it.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Don't you have a heart, Monklish?

Monklish
12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes, and out of respect to it I refuse to let it be melted by maudlin, plodding, Oscar-pleading crap.

Eh, it was alright, just nothing special. I mean, c'mon--a period piece about a fucking poetry club at a posh Ivy League school?

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Must not be a Celine Dion fan then. Sigh.

Blinken
12-08-2009, 01:18 PM

New stand up special on HBO last weekend

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 01:33 PM

wait, who the fuck are we talking about?

Wait Monklish and BlackSwan are one in the same? I actually Didn't know that, but it's good to know going forward.

It's not his fault, this board turns even the nicest people into huge bags of rage

Yeah, right? Lately there's been a ton of heated arguments over the most tiniest details in how people write their posts. *cough* 25% vs. the majority *cough* If you're smart enough to get the main point of what someone is trying to say, then do that and spare everyone from having to read through pages of your perfectionist rambles!

Jon Blazed
12-08-2009, 01:34 PM
shut the fuck up

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 01:37 PM
They were talking about me, jackass.

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 01:40 PM
They were talking about me, jackass.

I'd rather Sophia Coppola do a set with her boyfriend from Phoenix.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 01:42 PM
I'd rather Sophia Coppola do a set with her boyfriend from Phoenix.

You realize she bombed in Godfather, Part 3, yes? Sorry I called you a jackass, by the way.

Monklish
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Don't pussy out like that, PTA. If you're gonna call somebody a jackass you should stick to it, douchebag.

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
You realize she bombed in Godfather, Part 3, yes? Sorry I called you a jackass, by the way.

She's still prettier to look at, though.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
She's still prettier to look at, though.

ˇMentiroso! Look at my face.

somebodytoldme
12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
ˇMentiroso! Look at my face.

You know what, I think I'll just come back when the lineup is announced and even, then I'll probably just return to say how disappointed I am in it, my intent to skip it for the first time in 5 years and cite how Primavera Sound gets it right every year but unfortunately can't go.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
You know what, I think I'll just come back when the lineup is announced and even, then I'll probably just return to say how disappointed I am in it, my intent to skip it for the first time in 5 years and cite how Primavera Sound gets it right every year but unfortunately can't go.

Aw, allow me to at least send you on your way with a gift package of my best works. I "pussied" out again.

Monklish
12-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Aw, allow me to at least send you on your way with a gift package of my best works.

Meaning Punch Drunk Love and fifteen minutes of Magnolia?

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Meaning Punch Drunk Love and fifteen minutes of Magnolia?

That...and more of course, as in my avatar printed out to a 300x250 dimension just because you made me feel bad.

brycerosen
12-08-2009, 02:42 PM
PTA is such a douche I find myself siding with monklish. This thread is spose to be for confirmed coachella acts. GTFO!!!!!!

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Tears For Fears?

brycerosen
12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Hells yeah!

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Why not Hall and Oates?

Grant
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Forget them... SADE!

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 02:59 PM
An Eno and Lanois collaborative performance would be nice.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Jesus Christ I hate you buttfuckers.

rage patton
12-08-2009, 03:04 PM

They are in France during Coachella. They aren't playing.

brycerosen
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I would be down for hall and oats if it were with chromeo

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Interesting, but ultimately, they would still suck arse like Crowded House did.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Paul Thomas Anderson doesn't say arse he's from CALIFORNIA

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Picked it up during High School. Sorry. How was the Green Day show?

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Didn't go.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
That's a shame. Was their new album really that good?

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
No, it was really that bad, that's why I ended up skipping.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM
To be honest, I prefer Foxboro Hot Tubs.

Kid B
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
They were great when I saw them. 3 hours of old shit, new shit, covers and they have an incredible amount of energy. Great set list and kept the crowd sucked in the entire time.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Saw them back in '05 and I miss the Bush bashing antics. Should try Palin bashing now.

suprefan
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
An Eno and David Byrne collaborative performance would be nice.

There...

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Lanois loather.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Should try Palin bashing now.

Shooting fish in a barrel.

pachucasunrise
12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
There...

For great justice.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Chances of Sigur Rós playing considering Jónsi releasing his solo album March 23rd?

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
It would make more sense for Jónsi to play.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah I'd take it over no Sigur Rós at all, although I thought they had nearly completed the new record.

sbessiso
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
So where was Phoenix confirmed? And better yet, when/where will they play? Closing out the outdoor theater would be yummo

brycerosen
12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
i see phoenix playing main 4-5 or outdoor 7-8

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Chances of Sunny Day playing the outdoor last?

brycerosen
12-08-2009, 04:55 PM
where are all the fake posters? ? ? ? ?

obzen
12-08-2009, 05:01 PM
That's why this year sucks, no fake posters.

pachucasunrise
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM

Oh my god, yes.

Gribbz
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Nope.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Would be more favorable than Phoenix closing the outdoor. Then again, I'm just biased towards Sunny Day.

Uwe Boll
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Would be more favorable than Phoenix closing the outdoor. Then again, I'm just biased towards Sunny Day.

you are a hack

Wes Anderson
12-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Apparently everyone's agreed about one thing:

My brother's a talentless fuckhole.

Uwe Boll
12-08-2009, 05:22 PM

your a fuckhole hollywoodtard too. stop casting bill murray, the wilsons, and rushmore in every movie as the same character. no body likes your movies but indie rock kids looking for halloween costume ideas.

Wes Anderson
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I'll kick the everloving shit out of you, Uwe. Your name sounds like your parents both had cleft palettes, asshole.

suprefan
12-08-2009, 05:25 PM
where are all the fake posters? ? ? ? ?

Working on it, relax, and the first one isnt good enough?

Sunny Day, main stage, sunset.

Ha.SK
12-08-2009, 05:28 PM

muhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

and no to both.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Sunny Day, main stage, sunset.

Meh. Main stage...Phoenix at sunset to get them out of the way.

suprefan
12-08-2009, 05:30 PM
and no to both.

To Coheed and Brand New? Works for me.

Uwe Boll
12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I'll kick the everloving shit out of you, Uwe. Your name sounds like your parents both had cleft palettes, asshole.

i officially challenge your bitch ass to a boxing match. RAGING BOLL IS ON!

p.s i have never lost a match against a critic

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 05:33 PM

They're eligible to headline then? You like Taking Back Sunday too, right?

pachucasunrise
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Who the hell would think that Coheed could headline? This isn't Warped Tour.

Ha.SK
12-08-2009, 05:38 PM
To Coheed and Brand New? Works for me.

i love you.

Ha.SK
12-08-2009, 05:41 PM
They're eligible to headline then? You like Taking Back Sunday too, right?

nah never have, never will.
i do enjoy circa survive and i think there kinda like emo ish indie whatever you want to call it. i saw circa at 07 coachella.

Uwe Boll
12-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Who the hell would think that Coheed could headline? This isn't Warped Tour.

they can headline my music festival. i will have at least 20 million euros in funding by the end of the week.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
nah never have, never will.
i do enjoy circa survive and i think there kinda like emo ish indie whatever you want to call it. i saw circa at 07 coachella.

I'll give you this, at least Thrice, which is one of those bands, doesn't suck as bad these days. More mature. As for Coheed, I'm sorry, fancy riffs or not, I'll never recover from seeing that "Favor House Atlantic" video with that hair and voice. Never. They're just a half-pint better than Boys Like Girls.

karma_guy
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
wtf happened to this thread

obzen
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Srsly.

brycerosen
12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
i think we could consider clapton a possibility

No LA Date and is free in April

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
with Cream?

brycerosen
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Working on it, relax, and the first one isnt good enough?

MOOOOAAAARRR make the one with Muse Beastie and another that freaks everyone out

also is there a good free photoshop type program to make them u know of? or a cracked one i can torrent

Ha.SK
12-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I'll never recover from seeing that "Favor House Atlantic" video with that hair and voice.

the hair and voice is a staple. but that video/song is truly horrible.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Why not Cher then? Ah the hell with this.

That70sdesperado
12-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Way to kill a thread completely.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Way to kill a thread completely.

You didn't save it.

suprefan
12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Only one thing can save this thread:

CRUSHING BLOWS!

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
CHRUSHING BLOWS!

This.

pachucasunrise
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Claudio Sanchez' hair and snakebites for Stagecoach 2010

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 07:21 PM
snakebites

That would equal seeing this everywhere then...

http://www.scene-hair.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/scene-hair-4.jpg

That70sdesperado
12-08-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/blur/48765

ouch.
While we're at it, fuck nme.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Albarn and Coxon seem to be notorious for changing their stories every couple of weeks.

paulthomasanderson
12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Here comes the chaos. I'm out.

Kid B
12-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone. First order of businsess, with festival season in full bloom, I've decided to engage more actively on the forum and use this now as my official username.

Secondly, I'll be updating the board here with any news I'll later be posting on Consequence of Sound. Right now, I can tell you that plans have changed a bit for Muse's role this year. Our source originally confirmed they'd be one of this year's headliners, but it's now looking like they'll be a solid subheadliner.

Thanks

Shut up

rage patton
12-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Im not falling for it.

faxman75
12-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Welcome Alex. Your opinions are very welcome here. We don't have enough opinion.

moomoo
12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Alex. Just wanted to thank you for leading this board in the right directions for rumors. Your website is important to us here, please keep it up.

suprefan
12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi everyone. First order of businsess, with festival season in full bloom, I've decided to engage more actively on the forum and use this now as my official username.

Secondly, I'll be updating the board here with any news I'll later be posting on Consequence of Sound. Right now, I can tell you that plans have changed a bit for Muse's role this year. Our source originally confirmed they'd be one of this year's headliners, but it's now looking like they'll be a solid subheadliner.

Thanks

YOUR THREAD GOT DELETED SUCKA!!!!!!

obzen
12-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Ha!!

GrossMagic
12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
why did it get deleted. Alex you are the man! Whoever talks shit has to go through me first.

menikmati
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't know if it's an alias or not, but that thread was shit and you couldn't even open it without freezing your computer (thanks to Obzen)...plus there is already a rumors thread, so post there if you've heard something...

guedita
It got deleted because parties always end when I go off on a grammar rant. Boo-yeah. ;)

paulthomasanderson
why did it get deleted. Alex you are the douche! Whoever talks shit has to go through me first.

Corrected. You're welcome.

GrossMagic
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Corrected. You're welcome.

i hate u already

BlackSwan
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
It didn't freeze my computer.

GrossMagic
12-08-2009, 09:27 PM
dammit i wanted to quote what alex said to guedita after that grammar comment. I was busting out laughing/lol

rage patton
12-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Obzen froze my computer.

TheScenestar
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
:nono

pachucasunrise
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Thanks

Muse -> Smashing Pumpkins would make my day.

TallGuyCM
12-08-2009, 09:40 PM
NO FUCKING WAY that Muse plays AFTER the Pumpkins.

paulb
12-08-2009, 09:42 PM
So....its gonna be Lolla 94 all over again....

obzen
12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I'd say this Beastie Boys/Smashing Pumpkins hoopla is in the same boat.

Kid B
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM
So....its gonna be Lolla 94 all over again....

Does that mean we get ATCQ and Nick Cave too? If it does then I'm all for it.

liquidsnake28
12-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Nick Cave needs to play Coachella eventually. Mainstage at sunset would be perfect.

paulb
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
ATCQ need to open for BBoys at Coachella, that would be perfect....

dorkfish
12-08-2009, 10:01 PM
ATCQ need to open for BBoys at Coachella, that would be perfect....
I like when Coachella is profitable, so I'd disagree on perfection.

Kid B
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I always get mad at myself for not getting into ATCQ until AFTER 2006. Would love to see them play Coachella.

liquidsnake28
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
ATCQ > Jews (with Underworld in the Sahara at the time) > Outkast.

Perfect.

Sushov23
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Perfect.

ATCQ>Beastie Boys>Outkast.

TommyboyUNM
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM

Perfect.

ATCQ>Beastie Boys>Outkast.

Thanks for translating, Sushy. I had no idea what he was talking about....

PC-2 Violence
12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
ATCQ would be great by me.

suprefan
12-08-2009, 10:15 PM
ATCQ>Outkast>Beastie Boys.

fixed

liquidsnake28
12-08-2009, 10:17 PM
supre, how many times do you want to start the same fucking argument over again? Do you ever get tired of this shit, even slightly?

obzen
12-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Hahahaha!!

kitt kat
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM

*face palm*

NOT RELATED.

TallGuyCM
12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
fixed

You need to get out more.

darksideofkaos.
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Has anyone mentioned The Eagles yet... as much as I wouldn't want this because they fit in more with Stagecoach but on April 16, 17, 20 they will be performing at the Hollywood Bowl. This leaves Sunday open...

PJandBompton
12-09-2009, 12:24 AM
And there is no way the Pumpkins headline...even with Chamberlain they played mid-sized venues last tour...

TickleMeElmo
12-09-2009, 01:41 AM
They would most definitely be a headliner. They're waaaaay too big to sub. This falls into the same arguement in whether Beastie Boys would headline or not. I guess some people don't have a grasp on how popular some bands are.

brycerosen
12-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Yeah but I dont see them headlining over muse if that is the case

TickleMeElmo
12-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Well, they wouldn't play the same day, they'd both headline their respective day. Plus no way would GV or any promoter would pay that kind of money and NOT have SP headline.

Overall, I dunno if they'd be billed higher than Muse altogether. I'd guess yes they would be but not by much. SP is still a much more recognizable name here in the States and still get more radio play overall. They also have a better known career than Muse does.

brycerosen
12-09-2009, 02:50 AM
maybe if* SP would top the poster but if muse played first they would just blow them out of the water, i just cant see muse finishing then anyone daring to go on after, well not SP atleast

sbessiso
12-09-2009, 03:34 AM

Thanks

omg.....

if this true

Boourns
12-09-2009, 03:40 AM
The real Alex from CoS already has an account here andwhy post things here before his site? Come on.

betao
12-09-2009, 06:09 AM
It's an alias.

faxman75
12-09-2009, 06:29 AM
It's a common fetish for a doting man to ballerina on a coffee table cock in hand.

softbulletin
12-09-2009, 06:37 AM
It's a common fetish for a doting man to ballerina on a coffee table cock in hand.

Where does he come up with this stuff sometimes. Matt writes some of the oddest lyrics.

faxman75
12-09-2009, 06:39 AM
He does, he's probably my favorite current song writer. That verse came to mind when this alias started posting.

captncrzy
12-09-2009, 06:40 AM
You fucking dripping green dicks have made this thread unreadable.

Thanks!

faxman75
12-09-2009, 07:00 AM
It's nice to see the real COS has picked up on the Billy Corgan rumor so fast. It sure would be swell if they started crediting the board every time they stole something from it.

On the Coachella front, CoS can independently confirm Phoenix’s Indio appearance, while The Big Pink and The Cribs appear to be solid possibilities. Perhaps the biggest item of note, however, is the possibility of a Beastie Boys headlining performance, as hinted at by the trio’s Adam Yauch in a recent interview. What’s more, there also appears to be a chance that Billy Corgan and his current band, still somehow known as the Smashing Pumpkins, will be playing as well. Of course, Coachella has yet to make anything officially official.

superfiction
12-09-2009, 07:05 AM
whoa since when are deftones rumored? i dont usually check up on COS. cool. hopefully theres some merrit to it

Coachella Bound
12-09-2009, 07:19 AM
why did it get deleted. Alex you are the man! Whoever talks shit has to go through me first.

whoa! easy there fruitcake...

Muse -> Smashing Pumpkins would make my day.

It's nice to see the real COS has picked up on the Billy Corgan rumor so fast. It sure would be swell if they started crediting the board every time they stole something from it.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/12/09/festival-roundup-the-euros-coachella-summer-camp/

so alex posted this a little while ago but besides that where were the rumors of Billy Corgan initially coming from...?

here?

edit: nvrmnd .... found it. Ehhh i suppose i am open to it, but Billy and the Backups better bring it.

Jon Blazed
12-09-2009, 07:25 AM
maybe if* SP would top the poster but if muse played first they would just blow them out of the water, i just cant see muse finishing then anyone daring to go on after, well not SP atleast

Muse opened for Rage Against the Machine at Vegoose. I could really care less to see Muse again, especially as a headliner. I'm just not really into that oprea rock shit. If Muse is on a North American tour right now I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be headlining Coachella. Wouldn't everyone have already seen them?

Coachella Bound
12-09-2009, 07:32 AM
yeah just from what ive gathered today i dont think MUSE is headlining anymore but are infact playing as part of a really strong night.

betao
12-09-2009, 07:40 AM

So what if they find their info here? Sometimes we find our info there.

Coachella Bound
12-09-2009, 07:42 AM
let me ask a quick question... if Live Nation is in charge of a bands touring... does that mean there def not playing COACHELLA?

Monklish
12-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Bands on livenation tours play Coachella.

Jon Blazed
12-09-2009, 07:44 AM
No. Jay Z played the All Points West fest last year and I think he is on a Live Nation contract.

Coachella Bound
12-09-2009, 07:46 AM
k thanks... idk why i thought it conflicted for whatever reason... just found some Pearl Jam shows scheduled for next June and looks like Live Nation is doing them. Has that been the case or is this something new?

ficklecycle
12-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Worst Thread of 09.

Jon Blazed
12-09-2009, 08:06 AM
YkyhvCdJ_vM

luckyface
12-09-2009, 08:06 AM
They would most definitely be a headliner. They're waaaaay too big to sub. This falls into the same arguement in whether Beastie Boys would headline or not. I guess some people don't have a grasp on how popular some bands are.

This isn't 1996, buddy. Maybe the original lineup would garner some mention as a headliner, but you are delusional if you think the current incarnation would lead a day. They haven't had a hit album since 1996 and the current incarnation of the group is pretty much a laughing stock within the music community. Not to mention the fact that Billy has already sworn he would retire his old catalog. So yeah, I am sure 50,000 people are clamoring to hear Zeitgeist and Teagarden by Kalaeidyscope live!

By the way, this is coming from a die hard Smashing Pumpkins fan.

luckyface
12-09-2009, 08:09 AM
whoa since when are deftones rumored? i dont usually check up on COS. cool. hopefully theres some merrit to it

For awhile now, but I am not sure how substantial it is. The basis of the rumors is the fact that GV donated 2 Coachella VIP passes to the Chi Cheng benefit auction.

Boourns
12-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah, and weren't the shows last year filled with booing and Billy arguing with the fans?

somebodytoldme
12-09-2009, 08:26 AM
How did we go from Muse, REM and The Rolling Stones with a huge variety of subheadliners last week to Muse, Beastie Boys and Pearl Jam with a bunch of subheadliners that don't include Blur but include a has-been version of Smashing Pumpkins in a matter of one week?! I really feel like they're dropping the ball this year with what they can actually get, but aren't wanting to.