PDA

View Full Version : Official Confirmed Artists for 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

CellarOwl
11-18-2009, 12:56 PM
In order for that to occur, something needs to fill the void. For example, if someone were to state that Bowie would not be a great headliner because he is a highly overrated artist, that might redirect this thread.

I see a Bowie / Deftones duet for Changes (In The House Of Flies).

Monklish
11-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Right, 'cause this is a place where a meaningful literary quotation matters for fuck.

Leeartlee
11-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Right, 'cause this is a place where a meaningful literary quotation matters for fuck.

So because no one else does it, I shouldn't? I guess I should just follow along and quote some fellow boardie that has some inside joke value to me, is that it? Yeah, that really express me as a person. Or better yet, I'll do some blatant self serving act by attaching links to my facebook and myspace page. Yeah, that's a much better use of the space.

More to the point, what the fuck do you care?

obzen
11-18-2009, 01:05 PM
If some way miraculously Deftones and Radiohead are at Coachella next year,I'd like to see Radiohead do their cover of Deftones' Be Quiet And Drive live. There would be so much fucking win on the polo fields.

obzen
11-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Fuck.

It means so much more when underlined.

dorkfish
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
If some way miraculously Deftones and Radiohead are at Coachella next year,I'd like to see Radiohead do their cover of Deftones' Be Quiet And Drive live. There would be so much fucking win on the polo fields.
Radiohead never covered Deftones. That's a fake cover labeled track from the old Napster days.

Boourns
11-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Radiohead + someone from the Posies + "Posies" being clearly audible at the end of the mp3 = Radiohead + Pixies

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Fuck.

But not as much as when it is italicized, right?

Leeartlee
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Fuck.

I'm pretty sure you're mocking me (at this point I just assume you are) but I thought that The Fuck in the instance warranted the underline.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 01:21 PM
So because no one else does it, I shouldn't? I guess I should just follow along and quote some fellow boardie that has some inside joke value to me, is that it? Yeah, that really express me as a person. Or better yet, I'll do some blatant self serving act by attaching links to my facebook and myspace page. Yeah, that's a much better use of the space.

More to the point, what the fuck do you care?

Why does quoting Oscar Wilde have any more expression of you as a person than quoting some other board member? Neither one are actually your thought. Except one has some relevance and one doesn't.

If you're going to have a serious quote, make it your own words. This isn't an inspirational message board. It's a lulz and music shitstorm.

obzen
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Radiohead never covered Deftones. That's a fake cover labeled track from the old Napster days.

Not from what I understand.

Furthermore,Thom Yorke is a fan.

Leeartlee
11-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Why does quoting Oscar Wilde have any more expression of you as a person than quoting some other board member? Neither one are actually your thought. Except one has some relevance and one doesn't.

If you're going to have a serious quote, make it your own words. This isn't an inspirational message board. It's a lulz and music shitstorm.

By that mode of thought, you're also saying that the music we listen to is not representative of us. And I don't know about you, but music is very much an extension of myself. The same goes to all forms of art, up to and including literature.

If you disagree with this, why would else would you spend so much time on a board dedicated to the appreciation of music? To just talk shit and have a laugh? Sure, that's in there too but I'd hope there is something else you get from all this.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Actually no, it's not an extension of you. It's an extension of the artist. YOU enjoy it, and relate to it in whatever way you do. But it's not an extension of you.

obzen
11-18-2009, 01:40 PM
You're right. The art is the direct exstention of the artist. But I see where he's coming from as well,seeing how art is,in part,made for the purpose of being open to a myriad of interpretations by those who behold it. So in a way it is also an exstension of the witness,but it's more of a reflection.

Leeartlee
11-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Actually no, it's not an extension of you. It's an extension of the artist. YOU enjoy it, and relate to it in whatever way you do. But it's not an extension of you.

Fuck-an-a, you are being fucking nitpicky. What I meant is, art has the ability to relate to the observer. Once it taps into you, you begin to identify with it, therefore becoming part of you. Maybe you didn't create it, but it does help to define you. But you are making this too complicated. It's really just a matter of me liking that play and thinking the line is funny. If you don't like it, then I guess don't read it.

oftheheartofthesoul
11-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Lamest argument ever.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I bet there's at least five lyrics that do a better job of capturing the meaning of that quote in 1/5 the words.

captncrzy
11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I suspect she has no idea what she's getting herself into.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 01:47 PM
but haven't Deftones fallen off the radar in terms of immense popularity over the past few years?

they subheadlined Smokeout for 40,000+ a few weeks ago, so maybe not.. but i honestly don't see them on main stage.. that'd be weak.. i see them as an Outdoor closer (and a good one that wouldn't suffer from sound bleeding)

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 01:48 PM
in other news, due to the recent devolopments for HARD LA, i'd say that Bloody Beetroots (live) should be considered heavily rumored..

and i'm really hoping The Radioheads don't play..

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 01:50 PM

You're understanding is clearly limited to the incorrect. The acoustic version of "Be Quiet and Drive" isn't even a cover. It's the Deftones.

NvAuAc01sI8

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 01:50 PM
in other news, due to the recent devolopments for HARD LA, i'd say that Bloody Beetroots (live) should be considered heavily rumored..

Here comes monklish.

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 01:53 PM
I would prefer Bloody Beetroots (dead).

obzen
11-18-2009, 01:56 PM
The acoustic version of "Be Quiet and Drive" isn't even a cover. It's the Deftones.

I'm fully aware of that one and that's not what I was talking about .

obzen
11-18-2009, 01:57 PM
they subheadlined Smokeout for 40,000+ a few weeks ago, so maybe not.. but i honestly don't see them on main stage.. that'd be weak.. i see them as an Outdoor closer (and a good one that wouldn't suffer from sound bleeding)

As prestigious as they are,I could see Deftones playing mainstage at sunset. But I'd rather they close out one of the smaller tents like Mastodon did,that way they'd probably get a longer set.

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm fully aware of that one and that's not what I was talking about .

Do you even know what you are talking about?

obzen
11-18-2009, 01:59 PM
and i'm really hoping The Radioheads don't play..

I really starting to lose respect for you.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 02:00 PM
whether you like em or not, like their newer stuff or not, Deftones are waaaaay too big for the Mojave.. that would be ridiculous..

starting? i thought wanting Blur took care of that long ago..

regardless, it was a "the" joke and nothing more..

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Hear that, nbvcide? Someone around here actually had some respect for you. This must be a day for you.

dorkfish
11-18-2009, 02:03 PM

Furthermore,Thom Yorke is a fan.
Sorry to be a killjoy, but the track you have is just Deftones performing the song acoustic. Here's the same arrangement and vocal styling being performed by Deftones with Adam Sandler and Incubus:

F0PR8mTzdhI

Here's the exact track that you have which people think is Radiohead:

NvAuAc01sI8

It's from Deftones B-Sides and Rarities album and has Jonah from Far on backup vocals.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Nope, last year was fucking atrocious. My personal headliners this past year were:

Friday: The Presets
Saturday: Spicy Pie
Sunday: Groove Armada

you sir, fail at life..

If Deftones would let me know ahead of time when they'd be playing Head Up or Engine No. 9, I'd be there.

they've played Headup half the times i've seen em.. i haven't heard them do Engine No. 9 in a few years though.. regardless, most of their set usually consists of tracks from the first three albums..

I've seen Deftones 5 times. They were really fucking good 3 times and really really sucked the other 2 times. The show all depends on how Chino is feeling.

i've also seen em 5 times. and i also thought they were really fucking good 3 times and sucked the other 2 times.. weird.

and radio singles aside, White Pony had some really good tracks..
(Passenger especially.. you can't go wrong with a Maynard duet..)

Has a Pavement album even gone gold in the US?

has a My Bloody Valentine album?

obzen
11-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry to be a killjoy, but the track you have is just Deftones performing the song acoustic. Here's the same arrangement and vocal styling being performed by Deftones with Adam Sandler and Incubus:

F0PR8mTzdhI

Here's the exact track that you have which people think is Radiohead:

NvAuAc01sI8

It's from Deftones B-Sides and Rarities album and has Jonah from Far on backup vocals.
^Yeah I know,doesn't everybody know about this one already?

The one that I've heard has totally different arrangements and sounds too similar to Thom Yorke.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:10 PM
They didn't headline shit. Who says they were SUPPOSED to?

EDIT: Referring to MBV in 08.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Obzen, if you're not wrong on this, find the fucking track and post it. Otherwise: wrong.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 02:11 PM

(and before you say, 'they subbed', remember that they were supposed to headline friday in '08)

Um, says who?

dorkfish
11-18-2009, 02:13 PM

(and before you say, 'they subbed', remember that they were supposed to headline friday in '08)
You're talking out of your ass. Jack Johnson was always the planned headliner.

dorkfish
11-18-2009, 02:14 PM
^Yeah I know,doesn't everybody know about this one already?

The one that I've heard has totally different arrangements and sounds too similar to Thom Yorke.
Here's the track that I've always seen: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izmzn4tijre

Post yours if it's different.

obzen
11-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Obzen, if you're not wrong on this, find the fucking track and post it.

Not an easy feat,as the track I was once privy to was shown to me several years ago by a friend in Studio City. But I'll try.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Hear that, nbvcide? Someone around here actually had some respect for you. This must be a day for you.

Hahahahaha.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:18 PM
So, you would argue that Radiohead has a super-secret cover of a Deftones song that, despite the fact Radiohead is as huge and their music as sought after as it is, this one track has actually managed to elude the information age and stay completely non-uploaded nor searchable to any extent? And further, that there is even widespread knowledge of this cover which has led several people to the conclusion that the Deftones' own cover the the same song which sounds suspiciously like Radiohead is, in fact, the real Radiohead cover?

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Dry land is no myth.

betao
11-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Um, says who?

They didn't headline shit. Who says they were SUPPOSED to?

EDIT: Referring to MBV in 08.

I talked to Kevin in late July after their Richmond show. He said they were in talks to play (I think he said/meant headline, but I can't recall that 100%) and that they backed out because they weren't ready for a festival.

Doesn't really add much into the discussion I suppose. But thought I'd say it anyway.

chairmenmeow47
11-18-2009, 02:27 PM

ha ha ha, i still have some mislabled shit from those days.

luckyface
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I talked to Kevin in late July after their Richmond show. He said they were in talks to play (I think he said/meant headline, but I can't recall that 100%) and that they backed out because they weren't ready for a festival.

Doesn't really add much into the discussion I suppose. But thought I'd say it anyway.

You just chimed in so you could mention you met Kevin Shields, didn't you?

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Doesn't really add anything into the discussion I suppose. But thought I'd say it anyway.

Fixed.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 02:30 PM
MBV would never have headlined. And neither will Pavement. This is all ridiculous.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:31 PM
And neither would Portishead, for what it's worth.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Although if they had, they would have pulled it off.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
So would MBV with their loudness thing.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Where's obzen, I want to hear this mysterious Radiohead cover

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 02:34 PM
It's looking like he pussed out.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
So would MBV with their loudness thing.

I still want to see how large the actual crowd for MBV was. I fucking refuse to believe people could stand around for that shit.

luckyface
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
MBV would never have headlined. And neither will Pavement. This is all ridiculous.

Maybe someone could make a case if it was Pavement's only US show (although I personally do not understand that logic). The fact they are playing Sasquatch and will probably do a full US tour next year should hopefully cancel that out.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I didn't need my earplugs for MBV at Coachella. Indoors would be different I'm sure.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
This is very Portishead - "Music To Fuck To"esque

obzen
11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
the conclusion that the Deftones' own cover the the same song which sounds suspiciously like Radiohead

See,on the acoustic version of Drive,I don't understand how people can mistake Chino's voice for Thom's in the first place. It's clearly evident that he has a deeper chest cavity than Thom.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Clearly.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:38 PM
We shall call this "The Magic Chest Cavity Theory".

Monklish
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
At least Portishead's gone multi-platinum, for fuck's sake. I admit it seemed dubious that they'd headline Saturday, but fuck.

obzen
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM

That's fuckin' cute.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:42 PM
You still haven't explained away the complete disappearance from the internet of this mysterious Radiohead cover.

betao
11-18-2009, 02:42 PM
You just chimed in so you could mention you met Kevin Shields, didn't you?

haha, shhh.

None of the 3 acts we're talking about are probably big enough to headline the festival.

That being said,

if either of the 3 headlined a day, I wouldn't complain one bit. I'd rather watch Portishead for more than an hour as opposed to the 1 hour they got in 08.

karma_guy
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
hmm looks like interpol is a possibility

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/11/interpol-drummer-explains-new-album-out-in-early-2.html

Although the band has kept relatively quiet in the ensuing years, its members working chiefly on other projects, Interpol spent the spring recording its still-untitled fourth album in Manhattan’s famed Electric Lady studios. It will be released on Capitol Records in early 2010.

obzen
11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
You still haven't explained away the complete disappearance from the internet of this mysterious Radiohead cover.

It wasn't shown to me via internet.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I like that.

EDIT: "That" being the Interpol news, not obzen's complete lack of self-control.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:45 PM

What the fuck difference does that make? You think if there was audio of Radiohead covering the Deftones out there somebody wouldn't have put it online by now? Did your friend have the only copy in existence?

obzen
Thats tight,huh?

You jock that shit.

summerkid

added to the front page. There will probably be a lot of crossover between that and Coachella.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 02:46 PM

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/11/interpol-drummer-explains-new-album-out-in-early-2.html

Although the band has kept relatively quiet in the ensuing years, its members working chiefly on other projects, Interpol spent the spring recording its still-untitled fourth album in Manhattan’s famed Electric Lady studios. It will be released on Capitol Records in early 2010.

I think I'm going to throw up i'm so happy to read this.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
The Bloody Beetroots are playing another HARD event? Get out of town.

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 02:49 PM

You really should just admit you are wrong. Do you really think your friend had the only copy of the cover that ever existed? There are rabidly obsessive Radiohead fans all over the world who have collected every single track they have ever recorded. If it really did exist, it would be searchable on the internet.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I think I'm going to throw up i'm so happy to read this.

I hope that album comes out via the Internet. Otherwise, it'll never make it to the Internet.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:51 PM
If Radiohead covered 10 seconds of a Deftones b-side in a shanty basement in Buttfuck, Nowhere it would be on the front page of Hype Machine the next day.

summerkid
11-18-2009, 02:57 PM

hmmm what do you guys think headliners or subs?

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Interpol = subs

beavington
11-18-2009, 02:58 PM
hmmm what do you guys think headliners or subs?

I dont think Interpol can headline. Subheadline. Or perhaps if they ever did like truly real co-headliners (not the board members idea of coheadliner) then maybe, MAYBE... but not as the main headliner.

GeezrRckr
11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Interpol = not even as good as She Wants Revenge

Monklish
Hype Machine turned up one result for it. Kinda funny.

http://letterarms.blogspot.com/2008/09/dont-judge-song-by-its-cover.html

malcolmjamalawesome
Fucking. Wrong.

EDIT: In relation the GeezrRckrenslfs's inexplicable She Wants Revenge statement. I need to start quoting more.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:00 PM
I say Interpol and Muse co-headline a night. Let Muse go on last, I don't give a shit.

PassiveTheory
11-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Interpol = not even as good as She Wants Revenge

Go fuck yourself.

Interpol would subheadline if they played again, a la Franz Ferdinand.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Interpol can't headline. They'll probably never reach that level. & I don't even know about sub. I think they'd be at the same spot as they were in 07.

Um, they were sub in 07.

obzen
You really should just admit you are wrong. Do you really think your friend had the only copy of the cover that ever existed? There are rabidly obsessive Radiohead fans all over the world who have collected every single track they have ever recorded. If it really did exist, it would be searchable on the internet.

It was around 1999 when I heard this,and I hardly believe he had the only copy as you put it,nor did I ever claim that he did. Furthermore,from my experience of working in a recording studio,I can tell theres quite a bit from recording sessions that never see the light of day,and I've only been here for roughly 2 years.

But seeing how it's you I'm responding to,theres really no use in explaining.
You believe what you want.

Think I'm a liar?
More power to you.

malcolmjamalawesome
Interpol & Muse co-headlined a night at Lollapalooza a few years ago.

Monklish
Interpol already played second to last on the main. Why does anyone think they would go lower?

karma_guy
11-18-2009, 03:02 PM
if interpol plays
i hope they close out the outdoor at night a la band of horses
interpol is best served at night

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:02 PM
I say Interpol and Muse co-headline a night. Let Muse go on last, I don't give a shit.

This would be the best night ever for me considering I'll do what I did last time I saw Interpol at Coach, which was pretty much sacrifice almost the whole day to be up front for them.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Um, they were sub in 07.

Oh for some reason I thought JAMC was on after Interpol. Fuck me.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
It was around 1999 when I heard this,and I hardly believe he had the only copy,nor did I ever claim that he did. Furthermore,from my experience of working in a recording studio,I can tell theres quite a bit from recording sessions that never see the light of day,and I've only been here for roughly 2 years.

But seeing how it's you I'm responding to,theres really no use in explaining.
You believe what you want.

Think I'm a liar?
More power to you.

I don't think you're a liar. I think you're being arrogant. I think it's clear that what you heard either (1) wasn't what is was represented to you to be or (2) just simply wasn't what you (arguably reasonably) concluded it was. But you're so cocksure that there's no way you could have made this mistake (which, after a brief Google search, it's apparent many have made this mistake) you come across as a complete dickhead.

And an unbelievable pussy.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Seriously, what are you guys thinking? Interpol's pretty fucking big as far as American rock bands of the 00s goes. And I say it once again--THEY WERE ALREADY PLAYING SECOND TO LAST ON THE MAIN STAGE THREE YEARS AGO. No way they're going lower down the totem pole.

obzen
11-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't think you're a liar. I think you're being arrogant. I think it's clear that what you heard either (1) wasn't what is was represented to you to be or (2) just simply wasn't what you (arguably reasonably) concluded it was. But you're so cocksure that there's no way you could have made this mistake (which, after a brief Google search, it's apparent many have made this mistake) you come across as a complete dickhead.

And an unbelievable pussy.

Why,thank you.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh for some reason I thought JAMC was on after Interpol. Fuck me.

Yeah, no. Much like Pavement and MBV, nobody knew who the fuck JAMC is. Still don't.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Agreed. No lower. But also haven't heated up enough or gained enough notoriety since then to move up.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:06 PM
I mean, unless this year is the slimmest fucking pickings for headliners of all time.

Monklish
Agreed. No lower. But also haven't heated up enough or gained enough notoriety since then to move up.

Yeah, unless this new album really tore up the charts in some way. They're just not really energetic enough to be a proper headliner anyway, although I'd be a lot happier with them then a lot of the headliners of recent years. But they're fucking perfect in the sub slot.

This year's shaping up alright in the preliminaries.

malcolmjamalawesome
I'd still like to see Radiohead covering Deftones headline.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah I'd love to see Interpol again. Too often the "can they headline" discussion gets confused for the "are they awesome" discussion.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Either way, I pray to the Coachella gods (Paul) they'll be there.

GeezrRckr
11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
^this

I mean, unless this year is the slimmest fucking pickings for headliners of all time.
^and this.

although the killers headlined last year and JJ the year before. we shall see.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 03:10 PM
I still want to see how large the actual crowd for MBV was. I fucking refuse to believe people could stand around for that shit.

the crowd was larger than any sub in '08 (except portishead), and larger than the crowd for JJ.. and larger than the crowd for M.I.A this year..

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:11 PM
That's odd, considering M.I.A. seems to pride her live shows on obnoxious loud noises, also.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
it was larger than any sub in '08 (except portishead), and larger than the crowd for JJ.. and larger than the crowd for M.I.A this year..

I want evidence. I don't trust you cunts.

Also my momma's box is larger than the crowd for JJ.

summerkid
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah, no. Much like Pavement and MBV, nobody knew who the fuck JAMC is. Still don't.

i remember waiting up front for JAMC and people pushing there way up waiting for interpol saying whose on next? uh...i dunno some 80s band that reunited or something. Stupid kids.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 03:14 PM
if either of the 3 headlined a day, I wouldn't complain one bit. I'd rather watch Portishead for more than an hour as opposed to the 1 hour they got in 08.

i'd watch Portishead again over anyone who has headlined in the last ten years..

obzen
11-18-2009, 03:14 PM
:nono
Fucking hell.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Obzen's friend told him that the crowd for JJ was larger than that but he can't find it on the web anywhere. The friend didn't tell him about the crowd via the Internet.

obzen
11-18-2009, 03:16 PM
How facetious.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Dorkfish posted a picture of the JJ crowd a while back. It definitely wasn't empty like everyone says.

GeezrRckr
11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
i'd watch Portishead again over anyone who has headlined in the last ten years..

yes! esp on the heels of a(nother) new release.

obzen
11-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Dorkfish posted a picture of the JJ crowd a while back. It definitely wasn't empty like everyone says.

Seriously,it sure didn't look/sound like it was cracking either though.

rage patton
11-18-2009, 03:19 PM
COACHELLA 2010

MUSE
PAVEMENT
INTERPOL

nbvcide

:puke

Go fuck yourself.

Interpol would NOT subheadline if they played again, a la Franz Ferdinand.

Fixed

Interpol already played second to last on the main. Why does anyone think they would go lower?

see above..

Gribbz
Seriously,it sure didn't look/sound like it was cracking either though.

I wouldn't expect a Jack Johnson concert to be "cracking" in any instance or scenario.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
COACHELLA 2010

MUSE
PAVEMENT
INTERPOL

Worst Coachella (in terms of headliners) ever.

paulb
11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
COACHELLA 2010

MUSE
PAVEMENT
INTERPOL

worst fuckin coachella ever........god i hate Interpol

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
I feel like everyone says "worst coachella ever" every fucking year.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I want evidence. I don't trust you cunts.

i'm not saying the JJ crowd was empty, but it was fairly crowded for MBV.. the JJ - MBV crowd comparison came by way of a female friend who watched JJ (i know, i know).. but i caught The Verve, the beginning of MMJ, MBV and MIA and i can tell you where the back of the crowd was, as well as where it began to get crowded enough where you were shoulder to shoulder coming or going.. MBV had a large sized crowd (the closest being MIA), but they didn't have much in the way of conflicts compared to the other acts i named either..

the Outdoor & Gobi were shut down for MBV ala Roger Waters.. and for 25 minutes the only thing playing anywhere (outside the do lab or dome) was Christopher Lawrence.. and if that alone isn't evidence enough for ya (i missed the beginning of MBV cause i was at the dome and it wasn't crowded at all) than i don't know what to tell ya..

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Every year? Try every time someone even announces a hypothetical portion of a lineup.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM

Bullfuckingshit. I saw that crowd as I was walking out. It was literally about as big as the crowd for tiesto. Smallest gathering I've ever seen for a headliner. It was a tiny little clutch of people sitting down up ahead of the soundbooth.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Bullfuckingshit. I saw that crowd as I was walking out. It was literally about as big as the crowd for tiesto. Smallest gathering I've ever seen for a headliner. It was a tiny little clutch of people sitting down up ahead of the soundbooth.

Any hot babes?

dorkfish
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Jack Johnson wasn't exactly crowdless:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/listening_post/coachella/coachella_friday_35_Jack_Johnson_Cherry_Picker.jpg
i'll save people the effort of searching

obzen
COACHELLA 2010

MUSE
PAVEMENT
INTERPOL

You have a morbid sense of humor,don't you?

Gribbz
That is the only instance where I said "worst coachella headliners ever."

I say that because it's true. Look at all the posters from previous Coachellas. Tell me I'm wrong and give examples.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong.

It would lack a lot compared to the much bigger names they've gotten, but shit who would honestly rather have The Killers or Jack Johnson over Muse?

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 03:31 PM

It would lack a lot compared to the much bigger names they've gotten, but shit who would honestly rather have The Killers or Jack Johnson over Muse?

Not at all. That's one headliner. I'm saying the trio of "Muse, Pavement, and Interpol" would be the worst combination of headliners in Coachella history.

Monklish
i'll save people the effort of searching

Don't buy it. Maybe that pic was taken the instant after he took the stage, but by the time the set was wrapping up it was half that at best.

malcolmjamalawesome

Other than Salah? Hey, where has that fucker been lately?

nbvcide
we could easily prove this.. there are time-stop videos of the main stage.. somebody find the main stage ones for '08 & '09, we could easily determine which crowd was bigger..

Don't buy it. Maybe that pic was taken the instant after he took the stage, but by the time the set was wrapping up it was half that at best.

the cameraman did a nice job of framing too.. the crowd ends at the edge of the photo..

and to be honest, a JJ crowd isn't exactly packed towards the front as most other Coachella headliners.. they tend to be standing a lil more spread out, ya know?

i mean, LOOK at the pic, outside of the 't' it isn't crowded AT ALL.. on the lower part of the pic you can walk right up to the rail without touching anyone (hell there isn't even people on the rail left of the screen) and you could walk right up to 2nd row at the screen..

MBV had crowds well past the soundbooth, behind and on both sides.. for JJ past the soundbooth it was a only few people scattered here and there except for the side between the stage & the heineken garden..

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 03:32 PM

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/slideshow/view/28817150/40

Left side.

seandlr
11-18-2009, 03:33 PM
From where I was, MIA's crowd was fairly larger than MBV's

boarderwoozel3
I'm confirmed to party my face off all weekend. It's performance art. Put it on the list!

rage patton
In regards to that picture above... the entire bottom portion of the corner is pretty sparce and if you look past the sound booth, the crowd starts to think as well. I have heard from many people accounts that Jack Johnson had a really small crowd. And from the looks of that picture, it was packed pretty tighly in front of the sounbooth... and very little behind behind.

obzen
Can anyone explain to me why the spot-lights(shown here in the background) were not multi-colored but rather plain white this past year?

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/listening_post/coachella/coachella_friday_35_Jack_Johnson_Cherry_Picker.jpg

boarderwoozel3

Left side.

OMG... that's awesome.

seandlr
11-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Why not Interpol open for Pavement and Muse close out the night. Now that sounds great.

suprefan
Can anyone explain to me why the spot-lights(shown here in the background) were not multi-colored but rather plain white this past year?

Cause it wasnt needed this time around? And does it matter?

malcolmjamalawesome
The money they saved on Jack Johnson went to colored lights.

Monklish
Just checked, 08 only has Sunday via timelapse.

suprefan
11-18-2009, 03:36 PM

Left side.

JKDFGHDFGDFGJLSDFL oh god..

ficklecycle
Why not Interpol open for Pavement and Muse close out the night. Now that sounds great.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pavement would sub if the three played the same night.

boarderwoozel3
The money they saved on Jack Johnson went to colored lights.

With a strong opposing act in the dance tent I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

malcolmjamalawesome

Well I don't really feel they were needed in 08, either. It was a valid question.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:37 PM

Yes it matters you dumb fuck. those lights were one of the best things Coach ever did and I was fucking irate that they weren't back this year.

suprefan
Well I don't really feel they were needed in 08, either. It was a valid question.

Roger Waters DEMANDS colored lights.

Monklish
You guys are out of your fucking mind if you think that Pavement would play after Interpol.

obzen

Left side.

http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e9/diesel-u-music-tour-with-santigold-and-kid-cudi-at-paris-theatre.4119225.36.jpg

Ha!!

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Roger Waters DEMANDS colored lights.

Roger Waters barely used those lights compared to other acts.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:38 PM
who the fuck is roger waters

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 03:39 PM

he just went and saw Deadmau5 and then Santigold, Kid Cudi & Momjeans last night..

you can see him in TWO pics here:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/slideshow/view/28817150/39

boardies are a lot more active on FB than the boards lately..

obzen
11-18-2009, 03:39 PM

It just didn't seem right.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Fuckin' momjeans

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
And the 2009 timelapse was from the Outdoor theatre, so fucked both ways.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
As long as they dont bring back that fucking train I dont care what color the lights are.

menikmati
11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Here's the Jack Johnson crowd...for a headliner, this is small...it's like the size that was watching the Black Keys this last year.

http://davebullock.com/img/dynamic/large201.jpg

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see a photo taken from that same angle for RATM.

rage patton
11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
http://vvoice.vo.llnwd.net/e9/diesel-u-music-tour-with-santigold-and-kid-cudi-at-paris-theatre.4119225.36.jpg

Ha!!

That is hilarious.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 03:44 PM

Same here.

suprefan
It just didn't seem right.

http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/whambulance.jpg

Monklish
Here's a pretty good comparison:

Jack Johnson:

Kraftwerk.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/8/l_cecc78ec85a94fcd47348eef1aebceb0.jpg

obzen
http://davebullock.com/img/dynamic/large201.jpg

This is somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-28K.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 03:45 PM
From where I was, MIA's crowd was fairly larger than MBV's

i stood in the same spot for both acts, and on my side the MBV crowd was bigger, not by much, but bigger still..

like i said, MIA had the closest crowd size to MBV compared to any sub in the last two years (except Portishead) plus JJ..

but like i said, they played to a silent polo field (except Chrisopher Lawrence) for most of their set, so yeah..

malcolmjamalawesome

Did your friend with the Radiohead cover tell you that?

suprefan

Ok and some headliners have played to almost twice that...

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
If JJ had 25k then Kraftwerk--playing third to last of the night--had at least 40.

TommyboyUNM
11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
worst fuckin coachella ever........god i hate Interpol

What is your beef with Interpol? They musically crush Beastie Boys in every sense of the word. I would be thrilled to see Interpol on that poster.

obzen
11-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok and some headliners have played to almost twice that...

Ok,what is your point?

menikmati
11-18-2009, 03:47 PM

Me too, tough I don't think any photographs like that exist....there is though like a 1 second clip from sort of the same angle during Rage in one of the Coachella commercials on youtube...you can see Tom dancing around with his guitar and the crowd jumping up and down, but it's still hard to judge the absolute size of it.

Here (the 38 sec mark):

tcfYCS52bos

paulb
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/wp-content/photos/rage_ap.jpg

god, this set was epic as fuck.

Gribbz
there is though like a 1 second clip from sort of the same angle during Rage in one of the Coachella commercials on youtube...you can see Tom dancing around with his guitar and the crowd jumping up and down, but it's still hard to judge the absolute size of it.

Do you have any information on that particular clip? I assumed the whole set was filmed.

obzen
Did your friend with the Radiohead cover tell you that?
No, actually.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Ok, I like that font.

betao
11-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Here's a picture from that angle of the violent RATM crowd of '07:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Grunwald_bitwa.jpg

fuck you i wont do you what you tell me, fuck you i wont do what you tell me

Monklish
11-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Seriously though, look at those two pics. Look how quickly the JJ crowd starts to get spread out compared to Kraftwerk. And it wasn't even that crowded during Kraftwerk as I remember.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
That pretty much sums it up.

dorkfish
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Here's the best crowd shot of Rage that I could find. I think this is taken from the VIP area, but I can't tell if that's true:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/479446237_00fc6c5602_b.jpg

menikmati
11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Do you have any information on that particular clip? I assumed the whole set was filmed.

I edited my last comment with the video, goto the 38 sec mark, you can see rage and the crowd from roughly the same angle.

As far as the clip goes, I don't know who shot it or why or whatever...I remember reading months after the performance that Rage was gonna release that performance as a live DVD...and this was fact, because a couple people in the "know" posted about it on another forum, and there was actually a couple youtube clips that surfaced of the sound/video technicians mixing the soundboard audio of that set to the video (it was a guy working at some warehouse where the facility was, and he walked into the studio while they were mixing the audio with his camera running)....but nothing ever came of it, not sure why.

EDIT - here's some of the vids:

gEjDVU990yM

HV9eQisRwr0

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Theres a sign at the bottom right that says Exit and everyones wearing the Beer Garden wristbands.

seandlr
11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
You guys are out of your fucking mind if you think that Pavement would play after Interpol.

I beg to differ. I think its PERFECT.

Cdubby
11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
that looks pretty packed. i dont think i've ever seen it that shoulder to shoulder so far back, but i was in the thick of the crowd for kraftwerk-portishead-prince, roger waters, and paul mccartney...so can't judge those crowds.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Interpol.

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 04:01 PM
I am surprised that supre has not weighed in on the alleged Radiohead cover.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 04:01 PM
MJA, we're watching Interpol together this year.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
MJA, we're watching Interpol together this year.

You guys can sing Stella to each other.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I plan to fingerfuck him to Slow Hands.

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I see what you did there.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
There's no I in threesome, fickle.

suprefan
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I am surprised that supre has not weighed in on the alleged Radiohead cover.

Its total bullshit and doesnt exist. DONE.....

Monklish
But there's gonna be three fingers in U.

ficklecycle
:pulse

rage patton
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
There are far too many possible subheadliners for next year... and not enough possible headliners.

menikmati
11-18-2009, 04:10 PM
That's pretty damn packed. (in response to rage pic)

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I could go for a good old-fashioned double sub headliner night.

menikmati
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
What about the size of the Pixies crowd? Based on this pic, it looks like one of the largest there has ever been.

http://i46.tinypic.com/okacqv.jpg

suprefan
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
There are far too many possible subheadliners for next year... and not enough possible headliners.

Thats why The Who have to be brought in to play right? Cause its that bad of a time for headliners?

And to Meniks pic, yeah 50k is a lot of people...

HandBanana
11-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Hot Chip
The xx
Fox Theater
Oakland, CA
Friday, April 16th

So that sorta checks out.

obzen
11-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Dude,where have you been?

HandBanana
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I work, mazn.

obzen
11-18-2009, 04:22 PM
:thu
Thats right.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM

i say give us three or four amazing subs each night and fuck all having headliner 'names' on the poster

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 04:48 PM
P.S. Pretty Lights are fucking tight.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
11-18-2009, 05:04 PM
^ this

hendrixfan143
11-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Just give me Pavement, and the Replacements and 3oh3 can headline for all i care..

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Sounds great. Enjoy Pee Wee Herman.

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
P.S. Pretty Lights are fucking tight.

yup.. Lazer Sword->Flying Lotus->Pretty Lights->An-ten-nae->Caspa was a pretty amazing block at *********..

i don't see it being Sahara (if it was they'd get fucked with a Gui set time), they really need to be after dark.. i think Mojave or Gobi 2nd to last would be perfect

obzen
11-18-2009, 05:18 PM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/66/l_1b65962577254a0f925dcfa6a598604f.jpg

luckyface
11-18-2009, 05:45 PM

I love this post so much.

suprefan
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Hot Chip
The xx
Fox Theater
Oakland, CA
Friday, April 16th

So that sorta checks out.

Right, welcome to Monday morning...

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Right, welcome to Monday morning...

welcome to three weeks ago would actually be more accurate..

MissingPerson
11-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Please compare infodicks elsewhere.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Supre just got supre'd.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 06:07 PM
MP, how about Infodicks as your new handle?

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I've got a handle for you.

MissingPerson
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Tempting, but I need to have something I'd be happy to handwrite over and over and over again. You know, for when I have to autograph my own range of custom sneakers* and "Urban" wardrobe.

*By which I mean "Runners."

JustSteve
11-18-2009, 06:16 PM
As far as the clip goes, I don't know who shot it or why or whatever...I remember reading months after the performance that Rage was gonna release that performance as a live DVD...

guess how much fail i am full of. i, shhh, recorded the set with my cam. a few months ago i was going through my dvd-rw's and was cleaning them up so i could reuse them. pulled out one that i thought was "roger", deleted it, looked at the sticky again and realized it said "rage". fuck. there was a problem and i never could get it to transfer to my computer because i recorded it in the wrong format. the whole start of the show. was being all artistic and started out backstage and as the house lights went down and the first notes hit i proceeded out the gate into the massive crowd stage right. all of it gone. whoops.

greghead
11-18-2009, 06:32 PM

crushing blows

obzen
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
:eek:

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 06:48 PM
I apologize for harping on this but, obzen, is your world turned upside-down to realize that Radiohead never made that song you thought they did?

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
guess how much fail i am full of. i, shhh, recorded the set with my cam. a few months ago i was going through my dvd-rw's and was cleaning them up so i could reuse them. pulled out one that i thought was "roger", deleted it, looked at the sticky again and realized it said "rage". fuck. there was a problem and i never could get it to transfer to my computer because i recorded it in the wrong format. the whole start of the show. was being all artistic and started out backstage and as the house lights went down and the first notes hit i proceeded out the gate into the massive crowd stage right. all of it gone. whoops.

Crushing blows indeed.

kroqken
11-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I just hope Creed wil not be there. Believe it or not, they have a new album according to buddyhead.com. Quick, hide the atheists and secular humanists!

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh, so you thought you'd discuss a band that clearly won't play in the confirmed artists thread?

TommyboyUNM
11-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I really hope DC Talk isn't at Coachella this year.

What will people think when they hear I'm a jesus freak.....

Monklish
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Buddyhead.com is also the site that claimed that Coachella is offering Spacemen 3--another band nobody has ever heard of, much in the vein of Pavement--500,000 dollars to reunite.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I really hope DC Talk isn't at Coachella this year.

What will people think when they hear I'm a jesus freak.....

I LOVED when DC Talk made the leap from Christian hip hop to Christian grunge act. Or, I guess, Christian rap metal band.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 07:05 PM
I really hope Josef Mengele isn't at Coachella this year.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 07:06 PM
That would be a bit of a downer.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 07:06 PM
I hope Jean Valjean isn't at Coachella this year.

Monklish
11-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Actually I take it back--I kinda hope Josef Mengele is at Coachella this year.

MissingPerson
11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
He could do a live performance piece of stitching a bunch of people together. He was into that.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 07:10 PM
I hope these guys are there.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/274/a573chumancentipede.jpg

malcolmjamalawesome
WHOA MP!!!

Monklish
Have we gotten any more details about this movie? And are those all chicks or some dudes or what?

MissingPerson
11-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Holy shit. MJA, we are totally fucked up, you and I.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 07:12 PM
2 chicks and 1 asian dude.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 07:12 PM
No word at this time on whether or not he suffers from Asian Glow.

MissingPerson
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Uh, and I think I realise what Monklish meant by "unreadable garbage".

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I thought the dude was supposed to be Japanese. He looks like a Kraut.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I have got to see this movie ASAP. Antichrist left me wanting more shit-eating.

Gribbz
11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
I love the tagline. "100 % medically accurate"

malcolmjamalawesome
11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
I love the tagline. "100 % medically accurate"

Paging C. Everett Koop

kroqken
11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Buddyhead.com is also the site that claimed that Coachella is offering Spacemen 3--another band nobody has ever heard of, much in the vein of Pavement--500,000 dollars to reunite.

Buddyhead.com is the type of site that would say that Kula Shaker would play Coachella just so the anti-racists would get all riled up.

TickleMeElmo
11-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Dunno if there's any truth to this but... Major Lazer?

http://twitter.com/henrycoachella

ficklecycle
11-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Dunno if there's any truth to this but... Major Lazer?

http://twitter.com/henrycoachella

Wonder if Diplo actually said that. He's been tweeting from the Woodies all night. Let's see if he replies to my mention.

obzen
11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
I apologize for harping on this but, obzen, is your world turned upside-down to realize that Radiohead never made that song you thought they did?
Haha. Naw dude.

But the person who showed me the recording really didn't have a rep for frontin' and I sincerely believe it was Thom Yorke's voice in that rendition,becuase it definitely wasn't Chino's - that much I know for certain(plus,the arrangements were totally different). Also, I find it odd how listeners would've mistaken Deftones' acoustic version of Be Quiet And Drive(the one recorded in DJ Crook's room) for Radiohead in the first place when it clearly isn't so, I mean it was news to me when it was brought to my attention today,know what I mean? I've been privy to that version of the song since it was released as a b-side for a single during the Around The Fur days,so I never got any false impression from it. Still, I can't help but wonder if the recording I had heard was in fact the impetus of the ensuing mislabels/misinformation.

Having said that, if it in fact it wasn't what I thought I heard, it was a really air-tight impersonation of Thom/Radiohead covering Deftones, that's all I really could say. It is what it is.

And though I'd like to get a hold of my buddy sometime, I'm not tripping on it. I'm actually tripping on the prospect of Deftones being on the polo fields next year more than anything...

and Radiohead playing that Deftones cover too.

Oooh yeah.
:cool:

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 08:11 PM
In sum, "Yes."

obzen
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Obviously someone has reading comprehension problems.

kroqken
11-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Wonder if Diplo actually said that. He's been tweeting from the Woodies all night. Let's see if he replies to my mention.

Has the word "tweeting" made it into the dictionary yet?

Boourns
11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Blurry, but if you look carefully, you can see the soundboard area in the distance on the right side. And this was with a 4x optical zoom.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/IMG_2197.jpg

And the colored lights need to come back. Switching back to the old lights is regression.

BlackSwan
11-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Obviously someone has reading comprehension problems.

I was reading between the lines.

obzen
11-18-2009, 09:28 PM
More like reading too much into it.

menikmati
11-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Haha. Naw dude.

But the person who showed me the recording really didn't have a rep for frontin' and I sincerely believe it was Thom Yorke's voice in that rendition,becuase it definitely wasn't Chino's - that much I know for certain(plus,the arrangements were totally different). Also, I find it odd how listeners would've mistaken Deftones' acoustic version of Be Quiet And Drive(the one recorded in DJ Crook's room) for Radiohead in the first place when it clearly isn't so, I mean it was news to me when it was brought to my attention today,know what I mean? I've been privy to that version of the song since it was released as a b-side for a single during the Around The Fur days,so I never got any false impression from it. Still, I can't help but wonder if the recording I had heard was in fact the impetus of the ensuing mislabels/misinformation.

Having said that, if it in fact it wasn't what I thought I heard, it was a really air-tight impersonation of Thom/Radiohead covering Deftones, that's all I really could say. It is what it is.

And though I'd like to get a hold of my buddy sometime, I'm not tripping on it. I'm actually tripping on the prospect of Deftones being on the polo fields next year more than anything...

and Radiohead playing that Deftones cover too.

Oooh yeah.
:cool:
Deftones ain't playing.