PDA

View Full Version : Pendulum for Sahara 2010

wewantmuse
09-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Having seen youtube videos of them all over Europe, their show looks so intense and fun. I think they'd absolutely tear up the Sahara.

from the palladia recording of v festival:

fErqL1IKMmY

unknown
09-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Did you miss them in 08? I did. On purpose. bleh. I've never really been a fan of their production. Hold Your Colour was filled with cheesy tracks and I have not been able to get into any of their recent work. They are due for a new album so maybe your wish will come true.

zimmy1222
09-09-2009, 12:07 AM
if it's a dj set, i'll be there... if it's live, i may check it out

I don't like the whole dramatic, anti-religious sounding, dragging intros to some dnb songs... i just wanna get right to the point....

The whole idea and sound it brings is quite awesome, but when I go to a drum and bass show, I really just wanna dance.... no waiting.

wewantmuse
09-09-2009, 12:10 AM
yeah.. i just got into the world of festivals about a year ago. didn't go to coachella 08 unfortunately. listen to in silico, it's really, really good.

boarderwoozel3
09-09-2009, 12:16 AM
I've never seen the Sahara so empty at night. Just saying.

redthreat
09-09-2009, 01:44 PM
pendulum was amazing in '08. y'all are tripping.

and 'hold your colour' was a great album.

paganman7
09-09-2009, 02:10 PM
They're too repetitive. Don't get me wrong, they have a fantastic sound, but it's all the same. If they came back, I would listen to 2-3 songs, then leave knowing that nothing else they are about to play would sound any different.

flowbee
09-09-2009, 02:15 PM
pendulum was amazing in '08. y'all are tripping.

and 'hold your colour' was a great album.

Yeah their live sound is fun. Maybe they can change up the MC next time or just go without one.

roboticwaltz
09-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Pendulum made the time between Aphex Twin and Fatboy Slim almost unbearable. It's a very exciting show if you're into that music, though.

fikus222
09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
ghey

rage patton
09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I actually watched a bit of them at V Fest UK this year... boring. First off, they try WAY to hard to be hardcore. Second, the MC is annoying. Finally, they sound like shitty Prodigy impersonators.

DO NOT WANT.

mittens4kittens
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I enjoyed them in 08, but anyone who was at Roni Size Reprazent this year knows that there is way better drum and bass out there... I don't hate Pendulum like some do, but I will be disappointed if they are on the bill next year, simply because they are one of the most popular/played out DnB acts in the world and there is so, SO much more out there that is more deserving of this kind of exposure.

I'd like to see some of these future cats get on, like D Bridge or Instra:Mental or Spectrasoul...

nbvcide
09-13-2009, 05:14 PM
if it's a dj set, i'll be there... if it's live, i may check it out

I don't like the whole dramatic, anti-religious sounding, dragging intros to some dnb songs... i just wanna get right to the point....

if it's a dj set i'll be there, otherwise no..

and i love the whole dragging intro to Blood Sugar..

nbvcide
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I've never seen the Sahara so empty at night. Just saying.

true.. even Above & Beyond during Prince was pretty full..

but it WAS about the same fullness around halfway through Etienne de Crecy..

Gyrus
09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Pendulum 08' Owned massively. Had a slipped disk in my back and still managed to get up and have a boogie.
AND
they have been destroying Europe this past summer
Their remix at Glastonbury of Different and their cover of Calvin Harris - I'm not alone is aboslutely awesome!!!!