PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Story Coachella

Knifesmoker
08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm a party lovin Scotsman who experienced California last year and thought it was brilliant.

I go to all the festivals in the UK, the Scottish ones are by far the best cause us Scots know how to drink and party properly.

By looking at the Coachella pic's & videos, it looks quite tame. How crazy is the festival???

Whats the Story Coachella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heyeric
08-25-2009, 07:54 AM
You should try looking in the "PAST EXPERIENCES" thread.

feather
08-25-2009, 08:16 AM
You may have issues with no drinks outside of the Beer Gardens...considering you go to festivals in Scotland.

djandrews25
08-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Well, us americans dont get quite as belligerantly drunk as many of the aus and euro festivals. This isnt because we dont drink, but it is coachella's idea. You have to sneak alcohol onto the campgrounds, and getting drunk inside the festival is both extremly expensive and difficult due to the heat. We get wasted by other means inside. If you are that drunk soccer fan who loves to yell things at random people, this may or may not be the festival for you.

Cdubby
08-25-2009, 08:20 AM
go do a bunch of coke and dance in the sahara

heyeric
08-25-2009, 09:03 AM

:thu

ADGZ662
08-25-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm a party lovin Scotsman who experienced California last year and thought it was brilliant.

I go to all the festivals in the UK, the Scottish ones are by far the best cause us Scots know how to drink and party properly.

By looking at the Coachella pic's & videos, it looks quite tame. How crazy is the festival???

Whats the Story Coachella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ima a bean eating Mexican from the California desert and I challenge all you Scotsman to out drink you, out smoke you, and out party you!!! Come to think of it fuck that there is no challenge jusa come out here to Cali and party till you drop at Coachella!!! The sun will burn, oh yes it will burn, remember this though just keep drinking, thats the trick. Drink till you pass out of heat exhaustion then get up and drink some more, by the second day you feel undestructable arghahahahaha arrato!

Knifesmoker
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM

Coke goes with out saying, but how do you americans handle no drink? Cocaine without Jack Daniels??? You must be joking!!!!

Knifesmoker
08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Well ima a bean eating Mexican from the California desert and I challenge all you Scotsman to out drink you, out smoke you, and out party you!!! Come to think of it fuck that there is no challenge jusa come out here to Cali and party till you drop at Coachella!!! The sun will burn, oh yes it will burn, remember this though just keep drinking, thats the trick. Drink till you pass out of heat exhaustion then get up and drink some more, by the second day you feel undestructable arghahahahaha arrato!

Don't give me that heat crap, man.

We scots go to Spain for holidays man, we drink dawn till dusk and with the aid of narcotics, do not sleep. Spains bloody hot, the heat helps you drink cause you sweat most of it out you. Narcotics to keep you awake, naturally. We stay awake for nearly a week at a time. I could bullshit you and say we stay awake for the full 2 weeks vacation but that would be shitting you. 6 & half days is my max so far, and that includes drinking non stop man. Not even 30mins without a swally in your hand.

Anyway, how can you guys even think of a challange like that. You can't drink at festivals??? Whats all that about, man! Come on! Where's the fun in that, tell me??

Knifesmoker
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM

You need drink, man. Thats part of a festival experience, simple. No question about it!

Knifesmoker
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
You may have issues with no drinks outside of the Beer Gardens...considering you go to festivals in Scotland.

Thanks for the advice. man.

I'm shocked!

Knifesmoker
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Well, us americans dont get quite as belligerantly drunk as many of the aus and euro festivals. This isnt because we dont drink, but it is coachella's idea. You have to sneak alcohol onto the campgrounds, and getting drunk inside the festival is both extremly expensive and difficult due to the heat. We get wasted by other means inside. If you are that drunk soccer fan who loves to yell things at random people, this may or may not be the festival for you.

I'm definately not a drunk soccer fan, soccer fan, yes. Like a drink, yes. But I don't go about shouting shit at people. I spent 3 weeks in LA and got on great with everyone I met. Thought the Californians were great cool people and had no problems with anyone. Even when extremely drunk, which was pretty much every night. Other means, of course. But no bevy man, sorry, does not appeal to me at all.

Go online and check out T in the Park, Kasabian Live, that's what a crowd is all about. 3 days of hard drinking, anywhere on site, 99% totally steamin drunk and by the sunday night, you'll get the craziest, wildest, best atmosphere you'll ever experience at a festival. The whole crowd will be bouncing from the front to the very back, 85,000 people. You don't get that at many fesivals believe me! Even better than Glastonbury in England, they lot are quite quiet down there compared to the scots, party wise. Loads of them come up to Scotland. T in the Park has the best rep in the UK man.

Cdubby
08-27-2009, 08:33 PM
You need drink, man. Thats part of a festival experience, simple. No question about it!

flask it in. I dont really enjoy the fact that coachella has drinking gardens but it doesn't detract from the fest imo. you can still get plenty smashed.

Wheres the beef?
08-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Drunk crowds are the fucking worst.

MissingPerson
08-27-2009, 08:53 PM

AM-DtAXBUpI

T in the Park is sponsored by a beer company, so it's not surprising that they're free and easy about boozing. Or that some guy got stabbed a dozen times last year.

Jon Blazed
08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
glowsticks and e

obzen
08-27-2009, 11:30 PM
It's shite being Scottish!!!

BROKENDOLL
08-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Don't give me that heat crap, man.

We scots go to Spain for holidays man, we drink dawn till dusk and with the aid of narcotics, do not sleep. Spains bloody hot, the heat helps you drink cause you sweat most of it out you. Narcotics to keep you awake, naturally. We stay awake for nearly a week at a time. I could bullshit you and say we stay awake for the full 2 weeks vacation but that would be shitting you. 6 & half days is my max so far, and that includes drinking non stop man. Not even 30mins without a swally in your hand.

Anyway, how can you guys even think of a challange like that. You can't drink at festivals??? Whats all that about, man! Come on! Where's the fun in that, tell me??
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/kilt.jpg
A tweaked out drunk running through the campsite in a kilt would probably cure any desire of drinking for me that weekend...No doubt in my mind!

ivankay
08-28-2009, 12:40 AM
You might not get the same rowdy experience you're used to, but i suspect you'll get hooked. When it comes to the ways and means of intoxication, this board will more than likely answer any questions you will have and solutions needed.

Knifesmoker
08-30-2009, 02:56 AM
It's shite being Scottish!!!

You've obvisouly seen Trainspotting. Respect!

Knifesmoker
08-30-2009, 02:58 AM
AM-DtAXBUpI

T in the Park is sponsored by a beer company, so it's not surprising that they're free and easy about boozing. Or that some guy got stabbed a dozen times last year.

Quality video, man! Ha

sonofhal
08-30-2009, 03:33 AM
I go to Coachella each year to get away from this exact British pisshead mentality.

Boourns
08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
It's not the craziest and rowdiest festival; would be really clean, sober, tame, orderly compared to what you're probably used to. If you want to check it out for a new experience, come on, but if the idea doesn't appeal to you, don't bother.

Knifesmoker
08-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Well, by the sounds of most of the replies, bevys off the menu.

Knifesmoker
08-31-2009, 04:05 PM
I go to Coachella each year to get away from this exact British pisshead mentality.

Aye right, cheers matey. Pisshead Aff you English ******!!! ;)

righteousdnk
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
If the funds are there you should definitely go, but if you do, don't be one of those European guys who just goes around complaining about how much better festivals are over there and how ours suck. It's annoying.

*SURREAL*
08-31-2009, 05:41 PM
okay , if you want to drink and party at Coachella , then you have to buy the camping pass , pitch a tent ( or just chill on the fields ) , the camps are where the party is at . you will find anything and everything you want there . Inside the festival , .......DRUGS , and drink water , then when the sun goes down , and another beautiful day of festivities has gone by , back to camp , to PARTY IT UP !!! join the parade at camp , the past 2 years have been nothing but partypartyparty while being part of the parade !

*SURREAL*
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
its great to party , and get all fucked up , but thats not the Coachella spirit . This fest is about art & music . The people that go are usually all friendly , and there for the same purpose......to have that experience and memory to share with others . Not to get fucked up , pass out , miss all the good concerts , and feel like shit the next day . Moderation....thats the key ! This desert sun will zap you of all your energy , and leave you with nothing but sorry memories .

jockeyfullofbourbon
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
I bring my works into Coachella, mainline black tar heroin right around 2, then freebase around 8 or 9. Then I shoot Jack Daniels the rest of the evening (yes I know, you saw Motley Crue do that on behind the music).

Knifesmoker
09-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I bring my works into Coachella, mainline black tar heroin right around 2, then freebase around 8 or 9. Then I shoot Jack Daniels the rest of the evening (yes I know, you saw Motley Crue do that on behind the music).

No, I did not see Motley Crue do that. Drink the shit, man. That's just plain showing off!

boarderwoozel3
09-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Drunk crowds are the fucking worst.

Depends. Pukkelpop and Get Loaded were trashed but people handled themselves over there. Not too bad with the shenanigans one would expect from such a liquid crowd. It appears Americans sort of suck at drinking... yep, I said it. But we appear to be more into drugs than western Europe, so perhaps it's a give and take thing?

MissingPerson
09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I get the impression Coachella has something slightly closer to a Latitude vibe than T in the Park.