PDA

View Full Version : Sea Of Dreams NYE 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

SDsoldier7
11-13-2009, 07:04 AM
MooMoo, if you like Bonobo, you def should go to this. Def that style of music and vibe. I saw Bonobo a few months ago, he is REALLY good. you will probably like Random Rab, who will be at this. I hope he gets the ball drop set.

meyouseek
11-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Hmmm, Southwest flights are pretty cheap. $111 roundtrip including taxes and shit. I might have to make this happen. It would be a 10 year anniversary of seeing Ozo in SF for New Years.

Then again, maybe we'll drive and throw a couple boardies in the back seat to pay for gas.

SFChrissy
11-13-2009, 08:16 AM
And SF NYE doesn't end at 5am. In fact many parties start at 6am. Big ones. People start getting on the road to head to them. These people are probably still drunk too (or at least cracked out).

just sayin'

The day parties are my FAVE!!!

Devin the Dude
11-13-2009, 08:56 AM
well, let me know if you wanna carpool.. if not, i'm less inclined to go by car if i'm driving by myself, otherwise i'll just take a train or fly..

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA as much as your post made me laugh i think i'd be cool with you on a road trip with us..

me, you, and one l337moomoo so far. let's make it happen.

nbvcide
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
MooMoo, if you like Bonobo, you def should go to this. Def that style of music and vibe. I saw Bonobo a few months ago, he is REALLY good. you will probably like Random Rab, who will be at this. I hope he gets the ball drop set.

he won't.. they've already announced it's Ozomatli & Yard Dogs.. that only leaves the hookahdome, which will be one of the really small djs.. Random Rab will be in the Do Lab, which is where Yard Dogs are getting the midnight countdown..

herro kitty
11-13-2009, 03:37 PM
taking the Amtrak from LA is a bitch from what I've looked up. every I have tried to find a way to SF, it basically tells me to take a bus from Goleta to San Jose (lol fuck that) then a bus from SJ to SF (LOL! FUCK THAT!). maybe I am an idiot, but if you can show me a direct (or semi-direct) train route from LA to SF I'll give you hugglez.

I MUST GO TO THIS DAMNIT

Why can't you fly??

moomoo
11-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Why can't you fly??

I am a poor bastard who is locked in a sleeper hold by 'the economy' :(.

not that training it would be any cheaper... carpool would be ideal.

chiapet
11-13-2009, 04:11 PM
How cheap can Amtrak really be? Don't Virgin and Jet Blue fly from the OC? Virgin is like $140 if you want to fly back on the weekend, and like $90-100 if you could wait until Tuesday.

eskamo951
11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
How cheap can Amtrak really be? Don't Virgin and Jet Blue fly from the OC? Virgin is like $140 if you want to fly back on the weekend, and like $90-100 if you could wait until Tuesday.

Amtrak is decent priced, LA to SLO is around $25 (unless it went up since I last did it) so to SF would probably be around $50-60? And if you have AAA, it's 10% discount. But it takes hours and hours and hours longer...I'm against amtrak if time and money is short...

Devin the Dude
11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah AMTRAK is $60 each way min.

Geno_g
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if Caltrains will be running all hours, I'm thinking of taking the train up, but the next day I have a family day, so thinking I can take the train back home after sea of dreams...

chiapet
11-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Caltrain will almost certainly not be running all hours, I think they ran until (leaving) around 2AM last year? They haven't announced new year's schedules yet this year. You could probably take the first train in the morning and be back pretty early though?

Geno_g
11-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Family day is canceled, my mom forgot that she's having reconstructive knee surgery before christmas and she now thought she can't walk on new years day, hahaha, I'll be parting and taking the train home later...

SDsoldier7
11-14-2009, 05:24 AM
nice G-Twice. u know what that means? 4:20am blunt session, Sunday Morning.

so where is the after hours party going to be at?

chiapet
11-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Great news, Geno, well.. for you, not for your mom. :) What's she having done? My brother had knee surgery last year to repair multiple ligament and cartilaginous injuries. He was off his feet for a week or so, and then on crutches with a ankle to hip brace. I saw him a few weeks after and he was still having trouble getting around. Driving was also a problem, the brace to stabilize his knee made it difficult to sit in the driver's seat. Not to mention that he was drugged up for a while, heh.

SDsoldier7
11-14-2009, 08:39 AM
i wonder what kind of drugs they will give her?

chiapet
11-14-2009, 08:44 AM
I got better drugs for my tonsillectomy than my brother got for his knee surgery, heh. I'm pretty sure he was supplementing from my mom's collection.

ELECtROjan
11-14-2009, 03:48 PM
i wonder what kind of drugs they will give her?

A friend who tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and Meniscus playing soccer got Oxy for the first week and percocets for 2 months after that... think that was an extreme dosage tho bc of the severity

ELECtROjan
11-14-2009, 03:58 PM
so where is the after hours party going to be at?

Ive been talking to feather and greg and i think were going to get a hotel room. The big issue is the availability of cabs at 4am in NYE so were tryin to find one thats within walking distance, not in the tenderloin, and not a $250 shithole...

ill let everyone know when we book something

Geno_g
11-14-2009, 04:37 PM
My mom has crazy drugs, but I've seen my sister abuse them so I never look through her stuff looking for them, she does kick down pills here and there. I have some somas waiting to be eating on a good night. She's having her second knee surgery, first one was a torn meniscus, and then they fucked up so now she's having reconstructive knee surgery. She's had 3 back surgeries too, she has a cabinet full of drugs...(Nerve drugs, somas, vics, valiums, you name it I'm sure she has it)

But back to Sea of dreams, I'm getting my ticket soon, and I'm trying to get Mr. Nipples to show up too...

nice G-Twice. u know what that means? 4:20am blunt session, Sunday Morning.

You mean friday morning, that means I will smoke you out with some of my dank, since you did the same at PLURple,

Ive been talking to feather and greg and i think were going to get a hotel room. The big issue is the availability of cabs at 4am in NYE so were tryin to find one thats within walking distance, not in the tenderloin, and not a $250 shithole...

and I will be down to throw down on a room...

feather
11-14-2009, 04:57 PM

THANKS Russ!

chiapet
11-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, I'm not sure what your price range is, but as others have mentioned, Union Square would be a good option for this venue. It's a little bit of a hike (~10 blocks) and some of that area is a little sketchy at night, but you'd be fine in a group and could cover part of it with a bus if you didn't want to walk and can't find a cab. Hotels here are not cheap but you should be able to find some stuff around $300 -- not too bad for NYE if split by a group.

There are hotels closer to the venue but for the most part they're pretty iffy. They all show up on bed bug reports, and you could be dealing with weird situations. I used to work next door to the venue and sometimes visiting coworkers would try those hotels because they are cheaper... they always had drama.

I'd probably try Hotel Monaco if I were coming in from out of town -- I haven't stayed there, but I've eaten there, and it looked nice. It's around $300 for NYE.

emtgreg
11-14-2009, 10:34 PM
If there are a few of us, we can probably split the room, get something slightly larger, and still only pay 100/each or so...

No bed bugs, fuck that shit.

I am burning all my extra hotel points on Royksopp though, so I won't have a ton to spend...But yeah, I am down to throw down...

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 12:38 AM
MORE ADDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An-ten-nae is now listed as Lowriderz feat. An-ten-nae & Laura (from Symbi, yay)

El Papa Chango (from Symbi and the Coachella Do Lab the last two years, also played Shambhala this year)
Aaron Axelson
Mancub
(here's a link to a Mancub mix: http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=4344036&song=Shark+Shart )

also added Inflatable Arts and Silent Disco

"AND THE MIGHTY MULTIPLE MIDNIGHT MAJESTIES
featuring Incredible Arrays of Bay Area Talent!"

zimmy1222
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
An-ten-nae is now listed as Lowriderz feat. An-ten-nae & Laura (from Symbi, yay)

While the name is pretty tight... Lowriderz = An-ten-nae + An-ten-nae telling Laura what buttons to push.

Maybe she's gotten better more recently though. At any rate. Shaping up to be one hell of a party. My friends are slowly giving into the idea that there's nothing better going on and it's worth the money. : D

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 12:53 AM
what's weird is that i was just talking to the boardie Laura on facebook yesterday, telling her my trippy shroom experience with the dj named Laura at *********, and now Laura gets added to SoD.. even trippier.

EDIT: i like the track Revolution7 on her myspace, that is a trippy drop

nbvcide
11-18-2009, 12:57 AM
i. am. down. with. acid. crunk.

jackstraw94086
11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
While the name is pretty tight... Lowriderz = An-ten-nae + An-ten-nae telling Laura what buttons to push.

Maybe she's gotten better more recently though. At any rate. Shaping up to be one hell of a party. My friends are slowly giving into the idea that there's nothing better going on and it's worth the money. : D

to be fair, Lowriderz is better than when they used to call themselves Orgazmatron.

I always have a good time listening to Laura on her own. Not sure where she gets them but Laura always has DOPE tracks. I don't think she makes any of it herself though.

zimmy1222
11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
to be fair, Lowriderz is better than when they used to call themselves Orgazmatron.

I always have a good time listening to Laura on her own. Not sure where she gets them but Laura always has DOPE tracks. I don't think she makes any of it herself though.

lol, I'm pretty sure I *facepalmed* when I saw the name Orgazmatron for the first time...

Geno_g
11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
I need to grab my ticket, I'm planning on grabbing it friday...

ELECtROjan
11-18-2009, 12:34 PM
will this sell out?

shakermaker113
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Hard Copy Tickets will also be available by November 20th in person at the following outlets.

Street Light Records
San Francisco - 2350 Market St. (near Castro) / 888.396.2350
San Jose - 980 South Bascom Ave. / 888.330.7776
Santa Cruz - 939 South Pacific Ave. / 888.648.9201
Distractions
San Francisco - 1552 Haight St. (near Ashbury) / 415.252.8751

woo! I'm getting mine this weekend!

shakermaker113
11-18-2009, 05:08 PM
oh I see they have done away with will call altogether. interesting... also reveals the capacity of the event, 7000 people.

I want to arrive early! 8 pm - 4.30 am sounds like a good night out. :-)

To our attendees from last year, we know only too well that we overshot the runway on last year's door procedure, and that many of you were delayed far too long in trying to gain access to the event. We have apologized to many of you individually on this, and to those of you who have not yet heard that apology, we humbly offer it again.

This year we have thoroughly reviewed the whole door and entry procedure, and we will be taking many significant steps to insure that what happened last year will NOT happen again. Please read what follows below. What we would like to ask in return is that you and your friends CONSIDER ARRIVING EARLIER THIS YEAR. We are opening the DOORS @ 8PM. There will be so much going on, that we strongly advise getting there early so that you can relax, settle in and explore before the crowds start to happen.

Please come early, stay late and let us try to make this the most memorable of evenings for you and our friends,

Thank you..

In 2009, our ticketing and box office management were not up to the high standards of the Sea of Dreams promoters or customers. Although we successfully managed the entry of more than 7000 people into the venue, the will-call line was too slow, and security, signage and layout in the front of house were not sufficient to handle the volume. Much of this was due to a huge rush of last-minute sales and last-minute walkup, but we take full responsibility for the inadequacy of the execution and sought prompt resolutions with all of our customers who were not satisfied. Improving this important aspect of your experience is probably our most important production goal for 2010. So far we have already taken the following steps.

1: NEW TICKETING AND FULFILLMENT PARTNERS: We are pleased to announce that ticketing and box office management for Sea of Dreams 2010 will now be handled by national ticketing aces Eventbrite and San Francisco marketing and fulfillment experts Metrowize. Eventbrite handles more than 1 million orders per year and their local partnership with Metrowize has been extremely successful. For instance, during the 2009 LoveEvolution afterparty at the Bill Graham Center, this team handled 6000 tickets, even though all 6000 were done via a laborious will-call and signature process (far more time intensive than Sea of Dreams).

2: NO WILL CALL. All tickets will be PRINT AT HOME or IN-STORE PURCHASE. In 2009, 85% of our customers chose this option and now that most of you are experienced with printing airline boarding passes and their like at home, we saw no downside to eliminating will-call altogether. This will drastically improve your experience in entering the venue by allowing us to focus all of our attention on scanning and customer service, and none on looking up names. 95% of the customer service issues we dealt with from Sea of Dreams 2009 were related to will-call. This will also help us eliminate fraud as all tickets will be bar-coded and scanned for entry.

• If you absolutely cannot print at home or purchase in a store, please contact carmenATmetrowizeDOTcom or call 415-252-1396 during the hours of 10am-6pm Monday-Friday

3: REDESIGNED FRONT OF HOUSE LAYOUT: The layout for the entry at Sea of Dreams 2010 will be far different than 2009. It will be far larger, more spread out, better secured and safer. We will have more information on this as we get closer to the event, but for now we can guarantee we will have more signage, more security, more staffing and more area to relieve pressure from that seemingly unavoidable 11pm rush that seems to hit every year.

We have received many emails from 2009 customers, both from those that were satisfied and from those that had suggestions about how we can improve. We greatly appreciate this feedback as it has helped us improve our service and hopefully “build a better mousetrap”.

Thank you.

Devin the Dude
11-19-2009, 11:17 AM
oh god this is such a hard decision..

zimmy1222
11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
in reference to what you're gonna be wearing dev? because that's the only difficult decision that i have.

nbvcide
11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
me too..

Geno_g
11-20-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm getting my hard copy at Streetlight this weekend...

zimmy1222
11-20-2009, 05:56 AM
will this sell out?

perhaps...

shakermaker113
11-20-2009, 07:41 AM
if you are concerned about it selling out, why wouldn't you just buy your ticket?

Devin the Dude
11-20-2009, 10:39 AM
in reference to what you're gonna be wearing dev? because that's the only difficult decision that i have.

fuck.. it's hard for me to decide to go.. you guys will all be there though. a ********* reunion? fuckkkkkkkkk.. i love Boys Noize SOOO much. you guys seriously don't understand. missing him, in L.A., on New Year's, is like me removing every inch of thread that is my person and bringing it to a flame, to travel out of my beloved SoCal and on to a mystery world where i don't even know how to get down.

in order for me to miss Boys Noize, i need 3 things:
- a guaranteed ride
- a guaranteed safe time with the WHOLE Symbi crew
- a guaranteed place to crash if my friend Kiddo all of a sudden flakes..

given those three things, and providing i can gather about $500 by then, i can probably make it. ughh.. Boys Noize i love you wtf. i hate planning. and i hate deciding. i need more convincing that this will be worth the whole trip out of town.. the whole damn trip. are you guys prepared to guarantee this?

moomoo
11-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I am getting to this one way or another. tickets or not.

shakermaker113
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
...on to a mystery world where i don't even know how to get down.

oh that won't be a problem.

Devin the Dude
11-20-2009, 06:30 PM
so far edward is somehow the most convincing. ughh my lyf!

Devin the Dude
11-20-2009, 06:32 PM
decisions decisions why oh why must i make such tough decisions!?

Devin the Dude
11-22-2009, 10:32 AM
ghostland convinced me last night. i'll be here.

emtgreg
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs023.snc3/11070_194020494200_792344200_2641177_5029617_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs023.snc3/11070_194020474200_792344200_2641174_7257416_n.jpg

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs003.snc3/11070_194020464200_792344200_2641172_4061993_n.jpg

boarderwoozel3
11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I just need to figure out what I'm wearing. Are we going for a theme or is it a free-for-all?

emtgreg
11-22-2009, 10:47 AM
The Event Suggest that the theme is Masquerade, but it's San Fransisco, just wear as little as possible Jeff, Feather, and the boys will appreciate it! :)

shakermaker113
11-22-2009, 11:58 AM
free for all.

Bud Luster
11-22-2009, 12:33 PM
The Event Suggest that the theme is Masquerade, but it's San Fransisco, just wear as little as possible Jeff, Feather, and the boys will appreciate it! :)

Actually, a masquerade theme has not been suggested by the event or its promoters, anywhere. I have already been told...

Devin the Dude
11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs003.snc3/11070_194020464200_792344200_2641172_4061993_n.jpg

what did you think of the show? i am literally within 3 or 4 arms lengths from you in this picture, if you were there for most of Ghostland.

yep. totally convinced.

chiapet
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
free for all. some of us were talking about sea themed costumes. i probably won't actually get around to it :)

Devin the Dude
11-22-2009, 05:40 PM
i've been wearing the same shorts and black shirt to raves since March.. is this bad?

chiapet
11-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Well it's not very creative, is it?

Devin the Dude
11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
no certainly not. i don't need any flare though. i keep it simple and sporty. hah.

boarderwoozel3
11-23-2009, 01:20 AM

I've got some options. Not particularly flashy but certainly flattering :) I'm on a mission for some fun pants.

nbvcide
11-23-2009, 02:16 AM
apparently Sea of Dreams isn't the only underwater party with dj's in San Fran on nye..

http://vintage415.com/flyers/nye2010/index-fb.html

zimmy1222
11-23-2009, 07:40 AM
All I could think of while reading that was James William Bottomtooth from family guy and his voice...

ELECtROjan
11-23-2009, 10:51 PM
apparently Sea of Dreams isn't the only underwater party with dj's in San Fran on nye..

http://vintage415.com/flyers/nye2010/index-fb.html

The guy that owns Vintage415 is a good friend of mine from high school and as much fun as that location and open bar would be itd be a bunch of LA clubish people so ill pass. Not what I want to do for NYE

jackstraw94086
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
yeah Waterbar is always filled with obnoxious rich cunts. I'd imagine on NYE there would be fucking unbearable.

Young blood
11-25-2009, 07:47 AM
From Adam Antennae Ohana, super pumped for this show (tonight in Denver) gonna test some beats ive been saving for New Years Eve...

OH MAH GAWD!

zimmy1222
11-25-2009, 08:21 AM
yeah Waterbar is always filled with obnoxious rich cunts. I'd imagine on NYE there would be fucking unbearable.

It definitely gives off that vibe on the website....

jackstraw94086
11-25-2009, 08:26 AM
From Adam Antennae Ohana, super pumped for this show (tonight in Denver) gonna test some beats ive been saving for New Years Eve...

OH MAH GAWD!

OMFG you better twitta dat!!!

ELECtROjan
11-25-2009, 08:32 AM
ended up in the neighborhood and took a detour to drive by the Concourse today. The place is a lot nicer then I imagined so thats a bonus. And Market street is NOT walkable so the hotel search will have to be edited a bit.

zimmy1222
11-25-2009, 08:33 AM
not walkable?

ELECtROjan
11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
that area of SOMA is mostly industrial and sketch, especially at night. The hotel I was looking at is on Market (Whitcomb) and while driving down 8th it didnt seem like a good idea to walk through that late at night..... Granted we'd be a large group so that helps but still a cab is a better option

Geno_g
11-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Whitcomb is a not bad hotel, a bunch of us stayed there for The Prodigy, it would be a walk. Edward have you bought your SOD hard ticket yet, I'm gonna run to streetlight after work and grab it...

Young blood
11-25-2009, 09:52 AM
OMFG you better twitta dat!!!

4 tha realz.

Im excited for this one, ill.gates, first time seeing him!

jackstraw94086
11-25-2009, 09:53 AM
that area of SOMA is mostly industrial and sketch, especially at night. The hotel I was looking at is on Market (Whitcomb) and while driving down 8th it didnt seem like a good idea to walk through that late at night..... Granted we'd be a large group so that helps but still a cab is a better option

the concourse is easily walkable from Market/civic center area. It's like 6-7 blocks. SOMA is not dangerous, it's just not the prettiest area.

Just grow a pair and save yourself some cash.

shakermaker113
11-25-2009, 02:32 PM
it's precisely 0.8 miles (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Market+St+%26+8th+St&daddr=635+8th+St,+San+Francisco,+CA+94103-4901+(Concourse+Exhibition+Center)&hl=en&geocode=FW50QAIdIxm0-Cl9zURjm4CFgDFJRx0vboDnRQ%3BFYNWQAId4D-0-CFF-keXMtOYSSkp-GVnLH6PgDHPBTP4d-RnHw&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=37.774344,-122.40984&sspn=0.025339,0.038667&ie=UTF8&z=16). so yes it's walkable. it'll just take you close to 20 mins.

I think there are closer hotels though.

jackstraw94086
11-25-2009, 04:33 PM
There are several hotels/motels/Holiday Inns on 8th st that get you a couple blocks closer. It's all the same shit. So not difficult to walk.

emtgreg
11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I feel that we just need someplace cheap, close, clean, and relatively safe...

I would really not get bed bugs, but I would really not get robbed or shot...

Raped on the other hand...well...I will be in a glitter suit :)

chiapet
11-26-2009, 10:20 AM
ended up in the neighborhood and took a detour to drive by the Concourse today. The place is a lot nicer then I imagined so thats a bonus. And Market street is NOT walkable so the hotel search will have to be edited a bit.

It's like 6 blocks to market, "not walkable"? :nono

No matter what has been said that area is definitely sketchy, several of my friends and coworkers have been subject to armed muggings in the immediate vicinity of the Concourse, but obviously the odds are against that happening. (I used to work right there and walked to Market carrying a laptop after dark hundreds of times and never had a problem).

I would not stay at the hotels on or immediately near 8th. Not because of safety but because of dirtiness.

shakermaker113
11-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't call it sketchy. there's not even a crack head on the block.

ELECtROjan
11-26-2009, 01:49 PM
google streetview shows at least 6 homeless people sleeping. its not the best area

thefriedman94
11-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey, I might actually be able to go to this! :D
PassiveTheory, I love your icon.

moomoo
11-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I am going to this. have no idea how I will pay for tickets unless they don't sell out by x-mas (I'll be loaded with $$ by then), but I doubt tickets will be on sale for that long... doesn't matter. tickets or not, I am going.

Geno_g
11-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I've been lagging, I'm gonna put a ticket on my credit card tomorrow at streetlight...

zimmy1222
11-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Apparat (live) and bluetech on the 1st in SF....

anyone wanna make this a 3 show affair? A show that's on the 2nd is escaping me right now, but I recall wanting to go...

Edit: Beats Antique w/ Lynx & Janover@ The Independent on the 2nd...

The cool thing is that these acts are all on the more mellow side, but still amazing and dancable... Seems like it would be a nice way to slowly wind down into sunday morning...

Daft Fro
11-27-2009, 03:34 PM

Nice! yea! :thu

nbvcide
11-27-2009, 09:51 PM

anyone wanna make this a 3 show affair? A show that's on the 2nd is escaping me right now, but I recall wanting to go...

Edit: Beats Antique w/ Lynx & Janover@ The Independent on the 2nd...

The cool thing is that these acts are all on the more mellow side, but still amazing and dancable... Seems like it would be a nice way to slowly wind down into sunday morning...

sounds good to me.. Michele already sold me on Beats Antique on the 2nd.. i'm still debating on whether to go up there a few days early or not though..

ELECtROjan
11-28-2009, 03:02 AM
i gotta car and live in marin so im down for whatever.

Devin the Dude
11-28-2009, 02:16 PM
sounds good to me.. Michele already sold me on Beats Antique on the 2nd.. i'm still debating on whether to go up there a few days early or not though..

make sure you keep me updated on this. i'll see you tonight anyway.

nbvcide
11-28-2009, 08:29 PM
you were talking about continuing north after right?

Devin the Dude
11-29-2009, 01:40 PM
most likely not after all. i would be getting a ride with you if necessary, and staying with my friend nikol after the night of Sea of Dreams. i would love to do Beats Antique and Apparat shows with you guys too, perhaps if i can convince nikol to go as a birthday present to her. she's not so down with the raves, but i'm sure a really good show could be fun for her.

my plans north got cancelled because the people i'd be visiting are going to be back in temecula afterall.

when are we thinking on leaving?

a few of my other friends might go too.

nbvcide
11-29-2009, 06:25 PM
i've now determined my pre-nye plans..
Sat. Dec. 26th, L.A.

Flying Lotus
Daedelus
6blocc
The Professionals (Sam XL & XXXL)
& more

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Nbvwes/l_6f9fc8b724e04222a33cfcd983448e40.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Nbvwes/l_560a1c4a46f94d819c453569d2432102.jpg

zimmy1222
11-29-2009, 07:26 PM
. i would love to do Beats Antique and Apparat shows with you guys too, perhaps if i can convince nikol to go as a birthday present to her. she's not so down with the raves, but i'm sure a really good show could be fun for her.

I would hope no one would think that Apparat, Bluetech, and Beats Antique shows would be described as raves.... they certainly won't look and feel like one.

Devin the Dude
11-30-2009, 12:31 AM
i was actually saying that, exactly. she is sounding like she doesn't want to do Sea of Dreams (a rave), but i could probably convince nikol to go to Beats Antique (not a rave).

zimmy i can't wait to hang out with your jacket again. we are going to have good times. i am going to be healthy.

love (to everyone in this thread),
devin

Devin the Dude
11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
i've now determined my pre-nye plans..
Sat. Dec. 26th, L.A.

Flying Lotus
Daedelus
6blocc
The Professionals (Sam XL & XXXL)
& more

i just PM'd you about this. let me get a ride. and let's go up the day after and stop in Santa Cruz to hang out with some of my friends.

yep.

jackstraw94086
11-30-2009, 10:09 AM
google streetview shows at least 6 homeless people sleeping. its not the best area

if you're going to be spooked by homless sleeping in the streets then you best not set foot in 75% of san francisco.

SOMA is not dangerous, people.

get a grip.

Monklish
11-30-2009, 10:11 AM
if you're going to be spooked by homless sleeping in the streets then you best not set foot in 75% of san francisco.

My thoughts exactly. Really the only thing that I absolutely can't stand about the city. If they just took a little more of a Rudy attitude to the homeless situation I could really entertain the notion of SF.

chiapet
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM
You know, it's not the homeless people robbing you at gun- or knife-point. Just saying.

Bud Luster
11-30-2009, 11:17 AM
SOMA is not dangerous, people.

Agreed, and there are always fucking tons of cops near the venue (police station is right around the corner/ up the block right? not that it makes much difference I guess)

My thoughts exactly. Really the only thing that I absolutely can't stand about the city. If they just took a little more of a Rudy attitude to the homeless situation I could really entertain the notion of SF.

Hmm, I always thought that the homeless situation in NYC would be so much worse than SF. What exactly is/was Rudy's attitude? In SF they just occasionally do shopping cart sweeps, wtf?

chiapet
11-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Bud, SF has a combination of a climate which makes it more tolerable to live outdoors than, say, NYC (I'm not saying it's pleasant, just that you won't freeze to death), as well as large numbers of bleeding heart liberals who can't stomach the idea of "dealing with" homelessness.

PassiveTheory
11-30-2009, 11:25 AM
I think it's safe to say that, at this point, I'm definitely a no-go. Sorry folks, have a blast anyway.

jackstraw94086
11-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Hmm, I always thought that the homeless situation in NYC would be so much worse than SF. What exactly is/was Rudy's attitude? In SF they just occasionally do shopping cart sweeps, wtf?

SF is by FAR worse than NYC, even before Rudy (Guiliani) made the rest of them disappear. Chiapet is right about the climate and the san franciscan attitude about it. The SF shelters are not even usually full. The bums just don't want to go.

Young blood
11-30-2009, 12:32 PM
and drugs. SF has better heroin.

jackstraw94086
11-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Agreed, and there are always fucking tons of cops near the venue (police station is right around the corner/ up the block right? not that it makes much difference I guess)

yes, the hall of justice is a few blocks from there. Although, as many big cities go, the areas immediately surrounding police stations are generally the filthiest and not necessarily the safest.

That however has no bearing on the SOMA/concourse safety situation.
Just don't act like a a complete jackass and there's no danger walking 6 blocks.

jackstraw94086
11-30-2009, 12:42 PM
I would hope no one would think that Apparat, Bluetech, and Beats Antique shows would be described as raves.... they certainly won't look and feel like one.

There will no doubt be folks feathered & leathered out, and some folks sometimes lump that in with "rave" but there's no there will be a bunch of candy ravers at an apparat show.

I'm so sick of the beats antique sound though.

chiapet
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Do you think it's that they don't want to go to shelters or that we have more homeless than we have shelter spots? I'm not that well acquainted with the shelter situation across all of SF, but the SOMA area in particular kicks you out at a certain time, always runs out of spots very early in the day, and once you're in you have to stay in. So from my understanding a good part of the day is being more or less detained, for the sake of having lodging, or waiting to see if you have a place. I can understand why people give up on that.

I'm exactly the sort of person who is part of the problem, where I do believe there is an underlying reason why most people are homeless (and it's not just being lazy bums) and that there should be a way to house them and get appropriate medical/mental/substance treatment, don't feel good about seeing people sleeping on the street, but at the same time don't do anything about it and most certainly don't want them sleeping in MY doorway.

But this is more of a SF thread rant... :)

chiapet
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I sincerely hope *some of us* are feathered and leathered out. :)

chiapet
11-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Virgin America is running another fare sale for the next week, including Orange County and Los Angeles to San Francisco. Starting at $39 each way depending on day/time of day. (They do have flights super early on 12/31 for $39 but you'd have to return on Tuesday to get a $39 return flight).

jackstraw94086
11-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Do you think it's that they don't want to go to shelters or that we have more homeless than we have shelter spots? I'm not that well acquainted with the shelter situation across all of SF, but the SOMA area in particular kicks you out at a certain time, always runs out of spots very early in the day, and once you're in you have to stay in. So from my understanding a good part of the day is being more or less detained, for the sake of having lodging, or waiting to see if you have a place. I can understand why people give up on that.

I'm exactly the sort of person who is part of the problem, where I do believe there is an underlying reason why most people are homeless (and it's not just being lazy bums) and that there should be a way to house them and get appropriate medical/mental/substance treatment, don't feel good about seeing people sleeping on the street, but at the same time don't do anything about it and most certainly don't want them sleeping in MY doorway.

But this is more of a SF thread rant... :)

Not all shelters work the same way, and there are some shelters are under-utilized.

It's somewhat SF's fault for not being efficient with the homeless problem but it absolutely IS somewhat true that many of the bums around here are too lazy to do anything about it. San Franciscans (both with and without houses) are by and large way too fucking much sense of entitlement.

Therei s a facility being built next to my fucking house that is meant to be a "transition facility" for 60 homeless people but what it really is a fucking shelter. Our block is in meetings with these people to get our concerns met and get rules set for this place but all we're met with is their insistance that these people shouldn't have rules placed upon them, and that it violates the rights and dignitiy of these people and SF law prohibits them.

Anyway point is we've been in contact with other organizations in other cities who have tried similar projects as this one and what we're hearing is that their city places way more (reasonable) rules on these facilities, and every other homeless policy for that matter, than SF does. I'm paying fucking thousands of dollars in property taxes and that money is being spent giving a free ride to bums right next door and SF refuses to even ask that they not loiter on the fucking street, or even let them be fucking evicted if caught with drugs.

touchy subject.

nbvcide
11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
i just PM'd you about this. let me get a ride. and let's go up the day after and stop in Santa Cruz to hang out with some of my friends.

yep.

this really works for me.. Michele has been begging everyone to come up to santa cruz on the 28th for her bday anyway.. weed christmas

i miss santa cruz! i love this idea! :dumbo

Geno_g
12-02-2009, 11:42 AM
SOD tickets aren't at Streetlight records in SJ, I made a trip last night and ended up with no ticket....

Not sure why they posted on the website that Streetlight would have them but it seems not so, I don't want a piece of crap print out ticket...

Geno_g
12-02-2009, 12:06 PM
SOD tickets aren't at Streetlight records in SJ, I made a trip last night and ended up with no ticket....

Not sure why they posted on the website that Streetlight would have them but it seems not so, I don't want a piece of crap print out ticket...

I got this nice response from the person at SOD website, nice...

Hello Geno,

There was a mix up with the tickets at Street Light. They have not yet been distributed to San Jose and Santa Cruz , and will be there by this weekend.

Thank you!

-Carmen

Devin the Dude
12-02-2009, 12:30 PM
this really works for me.. Michele has been begging everyone to come up to santa cruz on the 28th for her bday anyway.. weed christmas

i miss santa cruz! i love this idea! :dumbo

awesome wes. i'm so glad you're down. so we'll leave on the 27th from wherever Pure Filth takes us in L.A.? any news on who else will be carpooling? not that i care if it's just the tag-team right here. lol

zimmy1222
12-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Less than a month away....

where's everyone staying at?? any chance a bunch of us are near each other for a solid pre-party?

Devin the Dude
12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
i vote YES.

moomoo
12-02-2009, 03:36 PM
awesome wes. i'm so glad you're down. so we'll leave on the 27th from wherever Pure Filth takes us in L.A.? any news on who else will be carpooling? not that i care if it's just the tag-team right here. lol

I'm gonna need a carpool from LAish/OCish area, I'd be down to come with you guys if ya didn't mind. still in the process of getting a ticket but I have a GAMEPLAN. so it's probably gonna happen.

Devin the Dude
12-02-2009, 03:55 PM
we already talked about you mooms. you're in.

herro kitty
12-02-2009, 04:51 PM
@_@ moo moo? You're coming too??? Does this mean we will finally meet and hold hands??????

shakermaker113
12-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Less than a month away....

where's everyone staying at?? any chance a bunch of us are near each other for a solid pre-party?

I would hope so. I keep forgetting I have to work that day though. bleh.

gmoneyak
12-02-2009, 06:02 PM
It looks like I'm rolling solo to this so I'm down to hook up wherever...

I got the chance to catch a recent set from Random Rab and definitely enjoyed it, I will be catching his slot on NYE.

Fucking STOKED!
Now to gather up some party favors..

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f178/Gmoneyak2/28dayslater.jpg

Geno_g
12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I would hope so. I keep forgetting I have to work that day though. bleh.

Same, have to find out what time I can get off, but I'm taking the train to SF...

fikus222
12-02-2009, 07:01 PM
My wife and I have decided to go to Sea of Dreams again this year. We just bought our tickets last night, so now we need to find ourselves a hotel.

moomoo
12-02-2009, 07:31 PM
we already talked about you mooms. you're in.

:pulse

@_@ moo moo? You're coming too??? Does this mean we will finally meet and hold hands??????

:pulse yes my love

emtgreg
12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Moo Moo!!

This will be an awesome NYE!!

I think I am going to meet everyone inside...I am sure Feather will organize meetups and times and shit when we get closer...

I hope not to ask Andrew to find me again like I did at Nocturnal because I got uhh, distracted and forgot all the meetup times lol...

I'll print them out hahahaha

But I'll be + 3 :)

fikus222
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
A 4am end-time comes quick, does anybody remember how much the End Up charges on New Years morning, isn't it like $40?

moomoo
12-02-2009, 10:33 PM
I am promise I am not going to be belligerently drunk this time Greg!!!!!!!

emtgreg
12-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Why?
That's no fun...

boarderwoozel3
12-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Pretty excited to see Ozomatli in such a festive atmosphere.

Devin the Dude
12-03-2009, 01:03 AM
pretty excited for everything here. buying my ticket in a few days. <33

ericksj6
12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Me and a few friends are coming out from Michigan for the show and would love to meet up with some people to pre-party? if anyone can help out some festi-goers it would be greatly appreciated.

zimmy1222
12-03-2009, 09:04 AM
stay tuned erick...

chiapet
12-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I keep forgetting how many people are doing this! fikus, glad to hear you + wife are in too. We almost have enough people for a Seattle contingent.

gmoneyak
12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Is there an actual list in this thread of who's going?

It's got to be at least 15-20 by now.

Geno_g
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Getting my ticket this weekend after the mix up with streetlight...

shakermaker113
12-03-2009, 09:49 PM
hmm list so far... add yourself if I missed you

feather
whip
herro kitty
sfchrissy
chiapet
geno
gmoneyak
shakermaker
zimmy
eriksj6
devin
boarderwoozel
emtgreg
moomoo
fikus
nvbcide
daft fro

who am I missing? it's hard to keep track. that's 17 already.

fikus222
12-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I keep forgetting how many people are doing this! fikus, glad to hear you + wife are in too. We almost have enough people for a Seattle contingent.

Yeah, Erika said we should stop waiting for our friends to figure their sh!t out and tix for NYE at Mighty were already up to $50 (which is way too much for a show at Mighty), so we went ahead with the safe bet. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

gmoneyak
12-03-2009, 10:27 PM

feather
whip
herro kitty
sfchrissy
chiapet
geno
gmoneyak
shakermaker
zimmy
eriksj6
devin
boarderwoozel
emtgreg
moomoo
fikus
nvbcide
daft fro

Hmmm.. Maybe SDSoldier, the threadstarter or Bud Luster? I'm not exactly sure.

I just kind of skimmed through some pages, still.. Fuck, 17 is a nice crew so far.

I'm getting in town early NYE to settle in, sushi and drinks will be my starters of choice anywhere close to my hotel in Union Square.

PM me if any of you guys want to trade #'s for a meet-up of whatever. Was that Mars Bar still a viable option close to the venue or is that place going to be ultra-packed?

shakermaker113
12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
sdsoldier is coming I think. not sure on budluster, will wait for him to confirm.

18:
feather
whip
herro kitty
sfchrissy
chiapet
geno
gmoneyak
shakermaker
zimmy
eriksj6
devin
boarderwoozel
emtgreg
moomoo
fikus
nvbcide
daft fro
sdsoldier

Daft Fro
12-03-2009, 10:50 PM
So, I guess VIP just got upgraded from a "questionable amount of champagne" > to full open bar:

Ring in 2010 in style and luxury at Sea of Dreams by upgrading to an all-inclusive VIP ticket. Thatís right, we are now offering our VIPís (for the first time ever) an ALL-INCLUSIVE (Food and Beverage) HOSTED BAR all evening within the VIP areas. This is the first time we have been able to offer this, and it is the best value we have ever offered our VIP patrons. The VIP areas themselves will offer prime viewing, special dťcor, a free coat check area, exclusive restrooms (main stage area) and tables for seating. VIP areas will boast elevated viewing of both East Stage (featuring Ozomatli and Bassnectar) and the West Stage (featuring the Glitch Mob, Yard Dogs Road Show and Ghostland Observatory). Each VIP admission also receives a free commemorative Sea of Dreams poster. This yearís VIP ticket is only $10 more than last yearís and now includes the hosted bar Ė a great value. Please note: because of the hosted bar, the VIP tickets are only available to 21+ patrons. Tickets onsale at http://seaofdreams.eventbrite.com

ELECtROjan
12-03-2009, 11:08 PM
sdsoldier is coming I think. not sure on budluster, will wait for him to confirm.

18:
feather
whip
herro kitty
sfchrissy
chiapet
geno
gmoneyak
shakermaker
zimmy
eriksj6
devin
boarderwoozel
emtgreg
moomoo
fikus
nvbcide
daft fro
sdsoldier

add me

ELECtROjan
12-03-2009, 11:10 PM
So, I guess VIP just got upgraded from a "questionable amount of champagne" > to full open bar:

considering VIP after this update. Anyone else interested?

zimmy1222
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
not worth it to me... i'll probably just bring in a flask... that's what i did last time...

drinking while in there will be on the lower end of my to-do list, heh...

but... FAT list!! this is gonna be epic. : )

shakermaker113
12-04-2009, 06:45 AM
knowing that bassnectar is on one stage and ghostland on the other makes me really concerned about the possible conflict.

shakermaker113
12-04-2009, 06:45 AM
19:
feather
whip
herro kitty
sfchrissy
chiapet
geno
gmoneyak
shakermaker
zimmy
eriksj6
devin
boarderwoozel
emtgreg
moomoo
fikus
nvbcide
daft fro
sdsoldier
electrojan

chiapet
12-04-2009, 07:02 AM
I'll bring a flask or two. Upside of being fat: lots of places to stash things.

gmoneyak - I think Mars Bar becomes less viable the more people we add to our group. It's not a very big place. It might work if we're going really early (and going into Sea of Dreams early). It can be a little crowded in the hours after work, but hopefully being NYE people will have gone home to get ready to go out.

I could possibly be up for sushi :)

shakermaker113
12-04-2009, 07:06 AM
I'll be pretty eager to go into sea of dreams early. :-) I fail to see how, aside from cheaper drinks, any bar or hotel room will be better than what's inside. and as chia and zimmy pointed out... flasks.

GnarVee
12-04-2009, 07:10 AM

feather
whip
herro kitty
sfchrissy
chiapet
geno
gmoneyak
shakermaker
zimmy
eriksj6
devin
boarderwoozel
emtgreg
moomoo
fikus
nvbcide
daft fro

IM IN +3

shakermaker113
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
20:
feather
whip
herro kitty
sfchrissy
chiapet
geno
gmoneyak
shakermaker
zimmy
eriksj6
devin
boarderwoozel
emtgreg
moomoo
fikus
nvbcide
daft fro
sdsoldier
electrojan
gnarvee

you guys can add yourselves too. copy & paste is a pretty easy thing to do.

emtgreg
12-04-2009, 07:53 AM
I will be in for sushi in all likelyhood, but no bars, screw alcohol :)

I am +2, (I am bringing two of my best friends, a couple, awww...cuttee....GAG)

hahah

Devin the Dude
12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
considering VIP after this update. Anyone else interested?

looks like we're hangin' out OVERTIME bro. lol

vip for dev too kthx

dev

Devin the Dude
12-04-2009, 11:31 AM
knowing that bassnectar is on one stage and ghostland on the other makes me really concerned about the possible conflict.

unfortunately for everyone, this means that Ghostland is where you will be during Bassnectar..

however, my prediction is that they are up on the early slot because their show never exceeds an hour and a half. my guess = Ghostland East Stage 10-12 slot or whatever, Ozomatli countdown and 12-2, 2-4 sweet delicious Bassnectar.

not TOO WORRIED, but missing ghostland is simply out of the question, so sorry to that dready god among men if i miss him for my two loverboys.

zimmy1222
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I think they'll play before YDRS... seems like a good 1-2.

EOTO is madness. I hope they're on either early or closing it out. They span electronic genres and play it all live (and more importantly, all improvised)... fabulous.

moomoo
12-04-2009, 01:51 PM
does anyone want to sexually degrade me for money? I'll do anything, anyone. let me know.

boarderwoozel3
12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Hmmmm... I'll need to know if; you ever intend to own a guinea pig, how you feel about industrial grade plastic wrap, are equinophobic and if you're allergic to coconut.

moomoo
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I love horses and guinea pigs. both precious creatures. don't care about the plastic as long as you're paying for it. not allergic to coconut but I hate the taste-- still doesn't matter though, I'll do whatever you need me to do with it.

you're gonna have to pay for airfare too, sorry.

zimmy1222
12-04-2009, 05:31 PM
airfare??? do you need to be in sf and back down hella soon? or is Orange, OC somewhere else where i'm not thinking...

because well... you can hitch hike for 20 bucks...

rideshare on craigslist can create wonderful things. just a thought, if you run out of options.

emtgreg
12-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I am out, sorry all!

Rave on and have fun for me!!

My car died on the freeway yesterday, after getting towed to my mechanic, it is going to cost me 1200+ to get it fixed...

I am now completely and utterly broke.

chiapet
12-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Greg that really, really sucks :(

boarderwoozel3
12-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Boo-hiss. Is there no way you can still make it?

moomoo
12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
airfare??? do you need to be in sf and back down hella soon? or is Orange, OC somewhere else where i'm not thinking...

because well... you can hitch hike for 20 bucks...

rideshare on craigslist can create wonderful things. just a thought, if you run out of options.

I meant he's gonna have to pay airfare to come down and fuck me with a guinea pig so I can pay for a ticket.

worse news ever Greg... I don't like it when life is a bitch :(

gmoneyak
12-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I am out, sorry all!

Rave on and have fun for me!!

My car died on the freeway yesterday, after getting towed to my mechanic, it is going to cost me 1200+ to get it fixed...

I am now completely and utterly broke.

Damn, I thought I had a shitty day.

We'll be partying it up for ya, and taking some quality pics and videos in the process..

As for some eats, I'm thinking sushi around 4-5ish possibly earlier? Anywhere cool within a cheap cab ride to the venue will do. I like the idea of sneaking a flask in as well, and I'm more than down for arriving at the Concourse early.

shakermaker113
12-05-2009, 12:00 AM
unfortunately for everyone, this means that Ghostland is where you will be during Bassnectar..

no no no.

we have reached a disagreement. you will not miss ghostland. I will not miss bassnectar.

fingers crossed you are all right and that conflict will not happen. I sent the sea of dreams facebook admin a message expressing my desires to see them both. I have hope.

Greg, that blows. we will miss you that night.

fikus222
12-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I've heard good things about Ozo's live show, but upon listening I can't see why. It's not like they can be as much fun as other Spanish speaking acts, such as Los Amigos Invisibles.

moomoo
12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I had a very disappointing, lack-luster dream about SoD last night so I refuse to share the terrible part. the awesome part was a huge, inflatable plush sea anemone right in the middle of a lobby that you could lay/bounce on and it felt fucking amazing.

shakermaker113
12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I got my ticket~!

interestingly enough slightly cheaper in store than online. $80 even. save me like $2 or something lol... pretty ticket though.

shakermaker113
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
also if you're still looking for hotels this is what sea of dreams suggests:

No designated hotels so far.. or special deals.. but closest options are: A) Best Western Civic Center Inn on 9th between Harrison & Folsom.. and then B) The Hotel Whitcomb on Market and 8th and C) the Civic Center Holiday Inn on 8th St. bet. Market and Mission

chiapet
12-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I had a very disappointing, lack-luster dream about SoD last night so I refuse to share the terrible part. the awesome part was a huge, inflatable plush sea anemone right in the middle of a lobby that you could lay/bounce on and it felt fucking amazing.

You've reminded me that I had a weird dream involving board members and inflatable float things at a festival. I wish I could remember more than that I was trying to find the stage where BOWIE was playing. Most of my festival dreams seem to include Bowie (now that I've seen Prince :pulse ).

fikus222
12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
We got our hotel off of Hotwire for $80. It's the hotel 'Club Quarters' (how fitting) near the Embarcadero Center, which will be a slight hike coming back, but its star rating and price were right.

Geno_g
12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I got my ticket~!

interestingly enough slightly cheaper in store than online. $80 even. save me like $2 or something lol... pretty ticket though.

Yeah I'm going tomorrow, I called SJ streetlight and they have them at the same price, but I've been putting it off, I'm going after work since it's on my way home...

ELECtROjan
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I asked about the food and entry for VIP and got this response back:

" We are not yet confirmed about the private entry, we are trying currently designing the entry management so it is quick and smooth for all ticket holders. Lingba Lounge (www.lingbalounge.com) will again be providing complementary Thai hor d'oerves which should be available all night. Please let me know if you have any other questions!"

Thai food and open bar.... hmmmm

-Carmen

chiapet
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I can't see VIP being worth it, but then I don't drink much as I dance.

shakermaker113
12-06-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP might be nice if you could get your free drinks at any bar. I wouldn't want to hang out in the VIP-only areas, and going back and forth for drinks would be such a pain.

chiapet
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I didn't read it to mean free drinks from any bar, only that there would be full bars. Assuming that the non-VIP bars will be wine and beer (and possibly soju) as has been the case with every show I've been to at the concourse.

Normally if VIP includes complimentary drinks, they say that, since they go out of their way to say complimentary hors d'oeuvre after mentioning bars, I would guess drinks are not free.

their own full bars, complimentary hors d'oerves, free coat check area, exclusive restrooms...

jackstraw94086
12-07-2009, 08:34 AM
There is a VIP section which is the only place the free food and drinks will be available.

chiapet
12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Have they actually said free drinks in VIP? Maybe I missed a post where someone had real news, as the website does not say free drinks at all.

shakermaker113
12-07-2009, 08:39 AM
I didn't read it to mean free drinks from any bar, only that there would be full bars. Assuming that the non-VIP bars will be wine and beer (and possibly soju) as has been the case with every show I've been to at the concourse.

Normally if VIP includes complimentary drinks, they say that, since they go out of their way to say complimentary hors d'oeuvre after mentioning bars, I would guess drinks are not free.

I didn't say it will be free drinks at any bar, I said that would be nice.

and they do say VIP includes drinks: "Thatís right, we are now offering our VIPís (for the first time ever) an ALL-INCLUSIVE (Food and Beverage) HOSTED BAR all evening within the VIP areas."

chiapet
12-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Does that pre-date this?

Please note that due to compliance issues we can no longer offer the all-inclusive hosted VIP bar.

http://seaofdreamsnye.com/attractions

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just really don't think VIP includes drinks at this venue.

shakermaker113
12-07-2009, 08:45 AM
huh. I dunno. I guess that is the most up to date.

fikus222
12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm really excited that this year seems to be a lot more electronically focused than last year was.

zimmy1222
12-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm really excited that this year seems to be a lot more electronically focused than last year was.

this.

jackstraw94086
12-07-2009, 02:08 PM

Unless you're counting ozo as more of an electronic act than Thievery I'd say last year was marginally more electronic than this year. There's always mainly electronic or quasi-electronic acts on the second stage. Plus you've got shit like yard dogs and sila. The string of other DJ's that are in the lineup are analagous to any other year where most of them play super early or on the 3rd stage.

Bud Luster
12-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Please note that due to compliance issues we can no longer offer the all-inclusive hosted VIP bar

fikus222
12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Unless you're counting ozo as more of an electronic act than Thievery I'd say last year was marginally more electronic than this year. There's always mainly electronic or quasi-electronic acts on the second stage. Plus you've got shit like yard dogs and sila. The string of other DJ's that are in the lineup are analagous to any other year where most of them play super early or on the 3rd stage.

I'm still more satisfied with this year's line up than I was with last year's, except I could care less about Ozo and their stage hogging 2 hour set.

Geno_g
12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Tickets are small, just grabbed my ticket from streetlight, it's on...

gmoneyak
12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm still more satisfied with this year's line up than I was with last year's, except I could care less about Ozo and their stage hogging 2 hour set.

I'm just hoping they bring along Chali 2na and some other special guests, (Cut Chemist was an original member,why the fuck not.)

boarderwoozel3
12-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Hopefully. Either way they always put on a great show.

Devin the Dude
12-08-2009, 12:09 PM
which is why this..

surprised me so much.

weirdo..

moomoo
12-08-2009, 12:42 PM
27$ away from swimming in a sea of dreams!

I got this :).

fikus222
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
which is why this..

surprised me so much.

weirdo..

I guess you missed my previous post:

I've heard good things about Ozo's live show, but upon listening I can't see why. It's not like they can be as much fun as other Spanish speaking acts, such as Los Amigos Invisibles.

It really makes no difference to me. The more people there are at Ozo's stage means there is less people mucking up the dance floor elsewhere.

ELECtROjan
12-08-2009, 01:08 PM

congrats! dooooo ittttttttttt

zimmy1222
12-08-2009, 01:31 PM

yeaaa buddy... looks like you're set..

as for Ozo, it'll be a fun little dance party...but I'll be watching Yard Dogs...

What's confused me though, is that Beats Antique (live) will be playing a new years show in the Santa Cruz area, that's three less members of Yard Dogs if they don't show up (including Zoe :pulse) ... : / hopefully they can do both...

Devin the Dude
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
weird. i will definitely be watching Ozomatli. and i thought this would be unanimous with the rest of the PAWty. no worries though.

boarderwoozel3
12-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I'd be shocked if anything around here was unanimous, regardless, I'm sure we'll have a solid group cutting it up to ozo, Devin.

And good deal moomoo.

chiapet
12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm out when it comes to costumes. barb and sophia, please tell me you're still dressing up as sea animals ;)

djandrews25
12-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Still debating on this one, im about 50-50 this or flying solo to digweed.

boarderwoozel3
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Well, both events have legit music but there's going to be a gaggle of boardies and the inherent shenanigans that entails at Sea of Dreams. And NYE is best spent being social.

djandrews25
12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I know man, honestly all of you guys being at sod is the ONLY reason im even considering it. Being the music snob i am, i know if im not at tao ill just whine like a little girl how the music could be better. Although im sure when i think about the party afterwards ill be happy i went with friends.......

gmoneyak
12-08-2009, 07:44 PM
weird. i will definitely be watching Ozomatli. and i thought this would be unanimous with the rest of the PAWty. no worries though.

I like Ozo, I've seen them about 4 times over the past 3 years. I'll be there.

Devin the Dude
12-08-2009, 08:03 PM
blunt sesh for me and you.

zimmy1222
12-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I couuuuld watch ozo... ;)

shakermaker113
12-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I'd pick yard dogs over ozo, but truth is I will likely follow the crowd for the NYE countdown. only times I stand my ground will be for ghostland and bassnectar.

fikus222
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Duh, I didn't even think about the countdown and balloon drop, I guess Erika and I will have to get our wander on so that we're there for it somewhere in the main stage area.

zimmy1222
12-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I just wanted to point out the artist that is on the flyer for sea of dreams... at least the person portion of it: A Andrew Gonzalez ->->-> http://www.sublimatrix.com/index.html

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/zimm1222/Oracle.jpg

so amazing.

Bud Luster
12-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I know man, honestly all of you guys being at sod is the ONLY reason im even considering it. Being the music snob i am, i know if im not at tao ill just whine like a little girl how the music could be better. Although im sure when i think about the party afterwards ill be happy i went with friends.......

I dont know how you can say your a music snob and then say you will whine if not at TAO in the same sentence???

Geno_g
12-09-2009, 02:13 PM
OZO is fun live, I'll see where I end up that night...

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 02:20 PM
It shouldnt take a genius to figure it out bud, but ill spell it out for you.
I am not a big fan of dubstep.

Bud Luster
12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
ok. gotcha on that, but there is going to be more than just dubstep.

chiapet
12-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Since when does liking all manner of crappy music except dubstep make one a music snob?

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Ghostland is the only thing keeping it on the table. i havent seen them yet, and was kind of bummed about missing their coachella and house of blues set.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Since when does liking all manner of crappy music except dubstep make one a music snob?

Because, the music will be good. But, due to the fact that i wont be hearing digweed or kleinburg ill most likely be bitching about what im hearing.

Mr. Dylanja
12-09-2009, 02:40 PM
What time are the TAO sets you wanna see? Anyway you could watch them then go meet up with the Palladium Posse?

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
It would be 2, 2 hour sets and i guarantee it will be during the prime time. There is no way ill make both parties. Hard is out because there is no way ill stay in la and not see digweed and kleinberg. Digweed alone, or SOD with friends.........

chiapet
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Digweed has not been interesting for over a decade.

Mr. Dylanja
12-09-2009, 04:18 PM
So your boys are overlapping? Brutal. I'd watch Digweed then go get down to Boys Noize if I was you.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 04:22 PM
what time is boys noize playing?

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Digweed has not been interesting for over a decade.

If digweed is boring and dubstep is interesting, then something is wrong with you.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
well, doing both parties is out of the question then.

chiapet
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
If digweed is boring and dubstep is interesting, then something is wrong with you.

I think you read your own opinions into this. I never said that dubstep as a whole is interesting.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I think you read your own opinions into this. I never said that dubstep as a whole is interesting.

i suppose since you were dissing digweed in the thread of a party that is primarily dubstep that i assumed this.

gmoneyak
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I just wanted to point out the artist that is on the flyer for sea of dreams... at least the person portion of it: A Andrew Gonzalez ->->-> http://www.sublimatrix.com/index.html

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/zimm1222/Oracle.jpg

so amazing.

I like..

Do the hard tickets have a similar design on them? I've been curious on what they look like.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Your NYE situation bums me out.

Im fucking bummed out, and the reluctance to commit is costing me money.

Daft Fro
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM

Are you really trying to compare a single dj, to a single genre? :rolleyes You know better.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Are you really trying to compare a single dj, to a single genre? :rolleyes You know better.

You know my taste in techno, this shouldn't be a suprise.

*edit* To be fair, i have heard several dubstep sets that i enjoyed. Hence why i am not ruling this party out.

Bud Luster
12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
i suppose since you were dissing digweed in the thread of a party that is primarily dubstep that i assumed this.

Is SoD really going to be primarily dubstep? I mean I know that Bassnectar is dubstep and so is Ana Sia, but I thought that the Do Lab DJs played more variety (house etc.)? Someone educate me.

Daft Fro
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I know what you'd rather be jacked up and raging to, yeah.

But if you comb thru the SoD lineup, its isn't just dubstep.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Send me something convincing please, i need to commit to a party.

gmoneyak
12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Also..

A very interesting newsletter released today, it sounds like they have made vast improvements logistically to this event;

Less than a month away, here are some quick updates...

1) CIRCUS & PERFORMANCE LINEUP ANNOUNCED: Our CirQualarious! army of circus and performance artists has been announced and the lineup has more diversity and out-of-town talent than ever before. Check it out on the Facebook page and @ http://seaofdreamsnye.com/info - ART & INSTALLATION lineup coming soon too!

2) VENDOR VILLAGE: Interested in vending at Sea of Dreams, or know someone who is.. have them contact Nicole of NicolePresents at http://www.nicolepresents.com/newsletter/index13.html

3) DEC 15 PRICE HIKE: Early-bird discounts are about to run out. Ticket prices will go up on December 15. GA from 75-79 and VIP from 125-139. Click here to go buy your ticket NOW: http://seaofdreams-fblisting.eventbrite.com/

4) PRINTED HARD COPY TICKETS: These are available at our outlets NOW. HARD VIP TICKETS will be at Distractions and Streetlight (SF only) by this weekend. Prices will go up in the stores simultaneously with the online hike on December 15.

5) BOX OFFICE/ENTRANCE REDESIGNED: Much has been done to make sure the entrance breakdowns of last year are not repeated. We held ourselves fully accountable and made fixing this problem one of our top goals this year. Hopefully, with your cooperation (show up EARLY! - Doors open at 8pm), we can make your arrival into the NYE friction-free.

Among the important changes there will be..

= NO WILL CALL - so PLEASE DONT lose your Print-at-Home tickets.

= TRIPLE THE SPACE - The entrance area has been tripled, to give us the space we needed to revamp the entrance. This has allowed us to set up a simple, streamlined barricade system that can accommodate up to 1000 people at once and 4000 people/hour. This is four times what we could handle last year.

= DOUBLE STAFF - We doubled the amount of security, scanning, and customer service staff to try to help you get in quickly and with minimal hassle. There will be as many as 8 lines running and an express lane for VIP.

= METROWIZE- Local box office experts Metrowize (who successfully handled 8000 (all Will Call) entrants at the Skillz event at the Civic Aud. on LoveFest will be managing the process for us this year. Their expertise and perspective is already paying BIG dividends.

PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU BY GETTING THERE EARLY! Doors open at 8pm. Please make the most of this fabulous event by arriving before 10pm.

More questions? Full info can always be found @ http://www.seaofdreamsnye.com/info

chiapet
12-09-2009, 05:02 PM

Thanks, I thought it seemed obvious too. :)

Daft Fro
12-09-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.seaofdreamsnye.com/artists

want me to listen to the music for you too, Andrew?

The DJ's got their bases covered: trip-hop, drum'n bass, house, tech house, glitch, downtempo, dubstep, worldbeat

You went to *********, you have an idea....

Digweed/Kleinenberg stopping in SF for the new years weekend?

nbvcide
12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
as for Ozo, it'll be a fun little dance party...but I'll be watching Yard Dogs...

THIS

I'd pick yard dogs over ozo, but truth is I will likely follow the crowd for the NYE countdown. only times I stand my ground will be for ghostland and bassnectar.
& THIS

that's only because you didn't make it to Saturday night at Symbi.. Yard Dogs Road Show was one of the highlights of the weekend..

It shouldnt take a genius to figure it out bud, but ill spell it out for you.
I am not a big fan of dubstep.

there is almost no dubstep at this party.. maybe more dub than trance though..

zimmy1222
12-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Bassnectar isn't in a genre, for the last time. I've seen him play an entire set of drum n bass... he doesn't stick to a genre, it's ambient one month, hip hop the next, dubstep the next, drum n bass the next....but this is all fruitless effort.

MartyParty and Anasia (somewhat, but not really, more like downtempo-world-beat-ghetto-talk-step) are the only djs that will drop a primarily dubstep set...

I don't know where you got the idea that this was a "dubstep party"

zimmy1222
12-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Digweed/Kleinenberg stopping in SF for the new years weekend?

Digweed is @ Ruby Skye in SF on the 2nd.

gmoneyak
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I just think that SoD is a better value overall when you figure in the scale of the event, production, art, lineup, performers, ambiance etc..

zimmy1222
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I just think that SoD is a better value overall when you figure in the scale of the event, production, art, lineup, performers, ambiance etc..

Don't forget the giant party crew.

gmoneyak
12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
That definitely goes without saying..

moomoo
12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
so after counting change from my spare change jar-- I have 81$!!!!!!!!!! fuck yes. tomorrow I will probably be depositing that and buying my ticket :). that basically means I am a shoe-in on someones carpool (DEVIN, NBV!). I will have money by the time we leave (which is when, btw?) to compensate you guys. FUCK YES!!!

in other news;

andrew.
go to SoD. have fun with your favoritest people on earth. go to fucking Digweed THE NEXT DAY! win-win.

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/3240847-john-digweed-san-francisco-ca-live-at-ruby-skye-on-january-02-2010

chiapet
12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
So I just realized I'll have to be in downtown SF on Dec 31 near of the end of the work day (I'd been planning on working from home that week...) so I am definitely up for dinner and drinks and such before SOD.

shakermaker113
12-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Digweed is @ Ruby Skye in SF on the 2nd.

YES YES YES.

I was really hoping this would happen.

shakermaker113
12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
on the digweed thing... does anyone know what the difference between 'ga I' and 'ga II' are in the tickets (http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=682505&pl=innercircleent)?? aside from an 'I' and $5, that is.

djandrews25
12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
so after counting change from my spare change jar-- I have 81$!!!!!!!!!! fuck yes. tomorrow I will probably be depositing that and buying my ticket :). that basically means I am a shoe-in on someones carpool (DEVIN, NBV!). I will have money by the time we leave (which is when, btw?) to compensate you guys. FUCK YES!!!

in other news;

andrew.
go to SoD. have fun with your favoritest people on earth. go to fucking Digweed THE NEXT DAY! win-win.

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/3240847-john-digweed-san-francisco-ca-live-at-ruby-skye-on-january-02-2010

Well, fuck me. I'm in.

moomoo
12-09-2009, 11:41 PM
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/Nowitness41Dirk/DwightFistPump.gif

SDsoldier7
12-10-2009, 05:23 AM
^ha. nice.

Bassnectar isn't in a genre, for the last time. I've seen him play an entire set of drum n bass... he doesn't stick to a genre, it's ambient one month, hip hop the next, dubstep the next, drum n bass the next....but this is all fruitless effort.
MartyParty and Anasia (somewhat, but not really, more like downtempo-world-beat-ghetto-talk-step) are the only djs that will drop a primarily dubstep set...

I don't know where you got the idea that this was a "dubstep party"

so, Wes, is Bassnectar a dub-step dj? lets get this settled once and for all :D

edit:
Is anyone else wanting to stay up there past 1/1/10? i want to stay there through the 3rd at least...

shakermaker113
12-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Well, fuck me. I'm in.

yes!

SOD thursday. Digweed saturday. what's going on friday? Chrissy metioned a party some friends of hers throw at a bar each year.

Daft Fro
12-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Bluetech + Apparat @ Mighty on Fri. 1/1

shakermaker113
12-10-2009, 08:37 AM
that's right. I was wondering why my searches for 'aparat' were not returning anything. maybe if I had spelled it right.

zimmy1222
12-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Bluetech + Apparat @ Mighty on Fri. 1/1

The promoter isn't expecting to sell out... so that's good news, room in the mighty is always nice.

gmoneyak
12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
yes!

SOD thursday. Digweed saturday. what's going on friday? Chrissy metioned a party some friends of hers throw at a bar each year.

I would be down to stick around an extra day, but I got The Roots back in Reno friday night. It's the opening party for the new Knitting Factory, I'll be seriously hungover..

boarderwoozel3
12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm down for Apparat on the 1st.

shakermaker113
12-10-2009, 05:15 PM
SOD thursday, Apparat friday, Digweed saturday. holy crap.

djandrews25
12-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Thats some serious shit edward, im going to have to pace myself that weekend very well.

Devin the Dude
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
HAH pace

djandrews25
12-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Thats code for getting progressively more fucked up each day.

zimmy1222
12-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I would call Apparat more of a chill out night... it'll be the night to re-energize since it's going to be a downtempo feel... bowl smokage with be in effect. To the max. And the Mighty is one of the more relaxed venues when it comes to preventing that.

djandrews25
12-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Are you going to digweed zimmy?

zimmy1222
12-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm a little on the fence... There's another show that has me interested. But I'm leaning towards Digweed if I can do a little persuading.

moomoo
12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Digweed's a little pricey for my poor ass... will probably end up going regardless. what's the deal with the 'raver' den? we got a specific place?