PDA

View Full Version : What *shouldn't* you bring?

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-18-2007, 03:42 AM
Alright, there's a lot of lists of stuff you should bring with you floating around, but I'm somewhat of a minimalist. Did you ever bring anything that you didn't need, and wish you'd left at home?

vinylmartyr
02-18-2007, 04:26 AM
Don't bring anything you are afraid to lose. Don't bring $400 sunglasses. Buy a cheap pair at a truck stop.

vinylmartyr
02-18-2007, 04:28 AM
This is a good thread to checkout.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418

tiffdud41
02-18-2007, 05:42 AM
For Camping-
You WILL NOT need the following items:

Anything that requires electricity (girls, you won't be needing your blow dryer, or curling
iron--and if you have to bring your "back massager," bring the battery opperated one)

Lap top-it'll either melt in your car, get stolen in your tent and melt if it doesn't, and
it'll run out of batteries. Just leave the office at home, it's only 4 days.

Tons of blankets--you're in the desert, and while it may drop to the 50's, one or two--if
not a single sleeping bag--should be just fine.

Tons of food--remember that you'll probably only be eating breakfast at the camp site, if
that. You'll basically only want to have plenty of stuff to drink in the mornings, too...
especially if you tied one on the previous night (to rehydrate before another long day of
being dehydrated again).

Economy sized toilettries--4 days worth of everything you'll need, taking one shower a day,
two if you're lucky.

Tons of clothes--you won't need to dress in layers and if you keep in mind that coachella
is more of a marathon than a fashion show, you'll be just fine. Think cool and comfortable.

Soap for showering--the shower trailors have it.

Alarm Clock--the heat at 6am inside your tent will wake you up just fine.

Tons of shoes--again, think comfort. You'll be walking a ton. You really only need
a pair of flip flops for showering, and your most comfy pair of walking shoes.

Inside the Venue:
Do not bring anything that is bulky that you aren't absolutely going to NEED

forget about a blanket or towel to sit on if you don't mind dusting off grass when you get
up

don't bring a bulky sweater, a light jacket will suffice

forget about an entire back pack, a small caryall will do

don't bring in the full sized sun block--think small

just remember, you'll be hot and sweaty during the day, and probably walking your butt off.

you don't want any extra weight to lug around, or have to worry about losing while you're
shakin' your money maker.

well, that's all I have for now, I'm sure I'll think of more later.

GTI_GRL
02-18-2007, 12:25 PM
To get the travel size of what you use, look for when the products you use come with the samples. I am ready for this year, I have my dove shamp/con, mini soaps, hair ties, toothpaste, hair putty, lotion, intuition razor(free with deo), etc.................. I set them aside and it makes traveling easy.

Ladies, do not forget your razor!!!!!! I brought 2 cheap throw away ones last year, and I stayed silky smooth. After my first shower last year, a walked out with the razor in my hand. A lady approached me to see if she could use my razor, I told her she could have it. ewwww strangers razor

dontfeedthebird
02-18-2007, 12:26 PM
But sometimes a lady needs a close shave for lovin' in the tent.

matsuolost
02-18-2007, 12:27 PM
good list
but about the soap.. is it the same one for everybody?

dontfeedthebird
02-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Don't bring Fober's ostrich.

GTI_GRL
02-18-2007, 12:32 PM
I bring my own soap, I only want my soap touching my private parts.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-18-2007, 04:27 PM
This is a good thread to checkout.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418

How does this have anything to do with my question?

dinosaurateme
02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
don't bring an alligator, or the big screen tv you wanted to bring in your dream.

Leckie
02-18-2007, 09:41 PM
How does this have anything to do with my question?

who knows... some people are real shitheads when it comes to people posting more than one thread on the same topic. they seem to think it's easy to find the exact thing you're looking for answers on somewhere in the dozens of pages of threads on the board. best thing to do is tell them to fuck off and keep asking until you get your answer.

Hannahrain
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
um, he wasn't being a shithead. i imagine he thought that if you weren't sure what to bring and what to leave, you ought to know "how" to bring things as well.

Benis23
02-18-2007, 09:52 PM
dont bring barn animals with you

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-18-2007, 10:17 PM
dont bring barn animals with you

Thanks, that was extremely helpful.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-18-2007, 10:18 PM
don't bring an alligator, or the big screen tv you wanted to bring in your dream.

Well, what the fuck, Pattie. Who's gonna fucking watch CrotchetyCrocoPantsMcGee now? You know none of my friends wanna babysit him.

cuchulainn
02-19-2007, 03:49 AM
tiffdud41's list reminded me of a festy i went to last year in australia, 3 day festival, it rained the entire time and on the second mornign as i was taking my morning dip in the mud pool that had conveniently formed a foot from my tent i saw 2 teenage girls walk past in dressing gowns on their way to the toilets with f ing hairdryers, i couldnt believe it, they were lucky they didnt electrocute themselves with all the mud and water around.

babiemunkie
02-19-2007, 05:50 AM
who knows... some people are real shitheads when it comes to people posting more than one thread on the same topic. they seem to think it's easy to find the exact thing you're looking for answers on somewhere in the dozens of pages of threads on the board. best thing to do is tell them to fuck off and keep asking until you get your answer.

HAHAHA!!!! Thank you so much for that. There are so many threads it makes it hard to find one with the same question as yours unless you have countless hours to surf this page.

Thank you unicorneater (sorry 4 messing up ur name-- bad memory) for asking this question. I needed to know!!!

el chango
02-19-2007, 06:57 AM
anythings that melts!!

york707
02-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Aidz Needles!

york707
02-19-2007, 07:01 AM
I can't believe no one had mentioned that yet.

Good Days Last
Don't bring Fober's ostrich.

AHAHAHA.
Fober never did find a way to sneak the beast in.

vinylmartyr
Originally Posted by Leckie View Post
HAHAHA!!!! Thank you so much for that. There are so many threads it makes it hard to find one with the same question as yours unless you have countless hours to surf this page.

Thank you unicorneater (sorry 4 messing up ur name-- bad memory) for asking this question. I needed to know!!!

ITS CALLED THE SEARCH FUNCTION!! YOU FUCKING USE GOOGLE AND YAHOO RIGHT!! GEEEEEZZZZZ!!!

Hannahrain
02-19-2007, 07:04 AM
that post (while true) single-handedly shattered the illusion of me pretending you were that other guy you reminded me of. oh well.

vinylmartyr
02-19-2007, 07:05 AM
sorry

babiemunkie
02-19-2007, 07:08 AM
hahahaha....this is the first time i have used a forum....

i didn't know there was a search function....

should have known tho huh?

damn it all to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaypalmsprings
02-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Don't bring your significant other. Be kind to sheep, & leave them at home too.

vinylmartyr
02-19-2007, 07:21 AM
hahahaha....this is the first time i have used a forum....

i didn't know there was a search function....

should have known tho huh?

Sorry I was not trying to be rude. The search function is pretty helpful. You may still have to wade through a bunch of threads. Hannah was right I was just showing you that "Lost and found Be prepared" therad cause I thought it might be of use to you.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 11:17 AM
anythings that melts!!

Does anything surprising melt? Stuff you wouldn't think would necissarilly melt, but does?

luveebunni08
02-19-2007, 11:38 AM
just bring the essentials and leave the rest at home. all you really need are cheap sunglasses, sunblock, camera, cash, and maybe a hat. pack light and you'll be ok.

Surrealkiller
02-19-2007, 01:24 PM
But sometimes a lady needs a close shave for lovin' in the tent.

LOL

york707
02-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Does anything surprising melt? Stuff you wouldn't think would necissarilly melt, but does?

Just your inhibitions once you meet me.

babiemunkie
02-19-2007, 02:24 PM

MUHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

**sinister laugh**

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-19-2007, 02:27 PM

Ok, I guess I better leave those at home too then.

dontfeedthebird
02-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm bringing an iron. If you wanna borrow it, look for a lonely bird. With a neatly pressed buttondown.

woogie846
02-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Don't bring anything you are afraid to lose. Don't bring $400 sunglasses. Buy a cheap pair at a truck stop.

That is some of the best advice you are going to get.

tiffdud41
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I bring my own soap, I only want my soap touching my private parts.

it's liquid soap...or at least it was last year. Personally, I'll be bringing a bar of dove soap, but I figured the info was worth sharing.

tiffdud41
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM

I hear peanut butter melts.

to avoid meltyness, just store whatever you think might melt in zip lock bags inside of an ice chest during the day. but if anything's gonna melt that you wouldn't expect to melt, it'll happen inside your automobile....keep that in mind.

tiffdud41
02-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm bringing an iron. If you wanna borrow it, look for a lonely bird. With a neatly pressed buttondown.

how the hell are you going to get an iron to function? you're kidding, aren't you? I bet you're kidding.

dontfeedthebird
02-19-2007, 06:55 PM
how the hell are you going to get an iron to function? you're kidding, aren't you? I bet you're kidding.

I'll leave it as well as the board in my car. Does anyone know how to harness electricity? Thanks in advance.

babiemunkie
02-20-2007, 05:50 AM
I'll leave it as well as the board in my car. Does anyone know how to harness electricity? Thanks in advance.

Well if is as hot as everyone is saying, maybe you can direct the metal part to the sun and use the heat to iron your shirts...

hahahaha...

cellophane_star
02-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I have a feeling that everyone will think this is a stupid question because "omg, it's in the desert!" but..

is there any point in bringing rain gear?

amyzzz
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
It has never rained at any Coachella festival I've been to (99, 04, 05, 06).

C DUB YA
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
I've been every year - never rains ever

york707
02-20-2007, 01:10 PM
But it probably will this year.

jerpar24
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Do not bring Dead Babies!!!

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Do not bring Dead Babies!!!

Ugh. Don't bring live ones either.

dontfeedthebird
02-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Ugh. Don't bring live ones either.

I second that.

toolisbomb
02-21-2007, 01:03 AM

you should win money for this response.

tiffdud41
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
yes, babies = dirty diapers = ewww

are you neat freak, J? gotta look perfect all the time? no wrinkles, totally creased? You could always hang up your clothes on hangers and take 'em with you into the shower room. If it's steamy enough in there, it'll relax the fabric and dewrinkle your spiffed up outfits.

SneakySneak
02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Not referring to anyone here, but just in general - Definitely leave the bad attitude and/or constant whinging at home. It's an outdoor concert, and it's hot. And yes, water is $2 and food is overpriced. Deal.

foto_synthesis
02-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Not referring to anyone here, but just in general - Definitely leave the bad attitude and/or constant whinging at home. It's an outdoor concert, and it's hot. And yes, water is $2 and food is overpriced. Deal.

What's "whinging"?

And don't bring any valuables that are irreplaceable. For example, I see no reason to bring my engagement ring. Sure I wear it everyday at home, but if I lose it at the festival, that would be a real bummer. :nono

rideincircles
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I was thinking of bringing my laptop, is it a really bad idea? would the heat kill the laptop? i wanted to download my pictures onto my hard drive. should i just by an assload of memory cards?

lowfront
02-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I was thinking of bringing my laptop, is it a really bad idea? would the heat kill the laptop? i wanted to download my pictures onto my hard drive. should i just by an assload of memory cards?

assload of memory cards? How about one big one? They are cheap.

JClemy
02-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I also was wondering about the melting of laptops. We're doing a roadtrip after and have all our confirmations and maps convieniently located on a laptop. I don't plan on using it during the show but after.

becomingcloser
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I also was wondering about the melting of laptops. We're doing a roadtrip after and have all our confirmations and maps convieniently located on a laptop. I don't plan on using it during the show but after.

heat and laptops do not mix. find some way to keep it at home.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Just print out all the directions that you'll need, and stick em in a folder. Maybe invest in a road atlas too.

babiemunkie
02-26-2007, 02:25 PM
yeah atlas' are more fun and come in handy better because u never know when u are going to need to go off route. I live and die by my atlas :-) I have a nice big one from State Farm .

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-26-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah atlas' are more fun and come in handy better because u never know when u are going to need to go off route. I live and die by my atlas :-) I have a nice big one from State Farm .

I drove cross country with one set of directions. It's not that hard to just ask people for directions if you get lost either. Like every gas station has a map anyway.

JClemy
02-27-2007, 06:48 PM
fair enough. just find that the laptop would probably be easier. all the places we are staying on the way back have internet access