PDA

View Full Version : THE XX

vogina
08-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Promising group. Could see them on the lineup.

sonofhal
08-12-2009, 12:44 AM
They were dull as fuck at Field Day. The album is not too bad though. Seeing them again next week, so hopefully they'll be better 2nd time.

Courtney
08-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Are they named after the radical Belgian artists' group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_XX)? Please say yes.

vogina
01-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Well, yes! They made it on the lineup =]

vogina
01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
They were dull as fuck at Field Day. The album is not too bad though. Seeing them again next week, so hopefully they'll be better 2nd time.

how were they the second time around??

Cheddar's Cousin
01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Strange...I was expecting pyrotechics and a giant flying pig.

fuck frankie
01-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Strange...I was expecting pyrotechics and a giant flying pig.

yeah. i don't understand how someone could listen to the album and expect anything more than 3 to 4 ugly teenagers standing around in black clothes and skinny jeans

if you like the album, you'd probably like them live. i think they actually sound better live, even if they aren't bustin out with the Chuck Berry kicks and blasting off confetti cannons

plus that kid is bad ass tappin out beats on the MPC

mahhhc
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
i was a big fan of their album and i like it the more i listen to it. still really surprised it got a lot of attention as i can see why many people would find it boring. i saw them during CMJ and their live show is just what you think it would be, the band standing in a straight line playing the music exactly how it sounds on the record. good but not great.

jamesc2929
01-28-2010, 01:29 AM
If you are looking for a "show" then stay away. They will stand there and play, period. The music takes a few listens, but it is worth the effort. Expect a large group at this show, especially since they are one of the bands of the moment.

sonofhal
01-28-2010, 01:36 AM
how were they the second time around??

Like listening to paint dry.

vogina
01-28-2010, 01:41 AM
This is all good to know. Some people make nice music tracks & live shows..Others simply don't have it and I am not going to waste my time standing listening to them while I could be on my iPod listening to them imagining a better performance.

Good day to you The XX

JebusLives
01-28-2010, 06:22 AM
I saw them on Conan and it was good. They're a bunch of kids - give them a chance for their live show to grow. Very few bands are immediately electric on stage.

OnAJourney
01-28-2010, 08:51 AM
they sound good live but not much to watch.
good music is good-no need for lazers and bubbles all the time.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqIcF2hpHWY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqIcF2hpHWY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

wewantmuse
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
this just seems like an act you have to have a girlfriend/boyfriend to make out with.

otherwise, snoozefest. i'll just stick to the cd.

rdeitz
01-28-2010, 09:56 AM
was pumped to see them but never thought of it that way.. guess their music would translate to a boring live show. think ill pass now