PDA

View Full Version : Arcadia for Coachella 2010

Boourns
08-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Not a band, but...

dGzbGiCx1hI

In June 2009 Arcadia stormed Glastonbury by producing there own field of mind boggling machines to overload the senses.

Evolving from 2008, this show saw the addition of hydraulic moving cranes, podiums stretching out into the crowd, 'multi level rave platforms and a live band stage showcasing Freak Nasty, Adam Freeland, The Egg and Zion Train amongst many many more.

Also adding an entire new dimension to the beast was a full-power circus show hosted by the Invisible Circus who span fire and dangled trapeze artists from moving cranes!

As in 2008 when it burst the walls of Trash city, once again Arcadia was a huge success and rammed there field every night.
Arcadia will be appearing at several other great festivals this season, and are sure to return to next years Glastonbury, bigger (somehow) and badder!
Check out www.arcadiaspectacular.com for more info on Arcadia.
With masses of thanks to all the crew who worked so hard to make this happen.

I'm not sure where there is room for this sort of thing, though. Maybe at the area the extended entrance from 08-09 and the 09 dubstep dome. But yes, the people behind this (or the people that did Trash City or the Shangri-la, it's all baller) could do something amazing for Coachella.

zimmy1222
08-05-2009, 12:21 PM
1. I want one
2. Coachella needs some visual burning man-esque type stage like this, the do lab was the closest thing...
3. Didn't you go to this? (jealous)
4. Freq Nasty and Freeland nice.
5. wooooooooow

Boourns
08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
I did, but my time spent in Arcadia itself was when it wasn't really bumping. My favorite was actually Shangri-la, which had bars all over the place (with stages and dj's), a proper stage (apparently Lady Gaga did a secret set, yuck, but I saw a band that sounded like Gogol Bordello sans the whimsy there), lazers, and tiny, overcrowded alleys connecting countless little places with drum machines, dancing, video games, black market organs, and some place that had a bunch of old alarms and vcr's and such with clocks to set (lots of wtfness).

Yeah, the Do Lab is amazing and essential for surviving the heat during the day, but something insane like this for the campers at night would be sick.

Boourns
10-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Arcadia will get an extra 15 acres of space next year. Shangri-la was 40 acres, and I don't know how many Arcadia and Trash City were this year, but it sounds like these three late night areas will be taking up a combined space that's equal to what other major festivals use for their entire grounds (excluding parking, camping, backstage). Fuck.

lickety_spit
10-30-2009, 01:45 AM
...oh.
where do i find the Arcadia the band for Coachella 2010 thread?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBPA21OJltI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBPA21OJltI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>