PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch: Beastie Boys, Bjork, Police, Arcade Fire?

offyerhead
02-17-2007, 10:15 PM
http://seattlegayblog.blogspot.com/2007/02/bjork-to-perform-at-sasquatch-music.html

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=9919

Looking fw to seeing the lineup officially announced on Feb 20.

paulb
02-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Beastie Boys!? fuck yes!!! sounds excellent to me!!!!

hangthedj112
02-18-2007, 09:22 AM
How much is Sasquatch?

matsuolost
02-18-2007, 12:46 PM
shit yeah

paulb
02-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Sasquach is cheaper than Coachella i believe. I went last year, cant remember the price, but had a great time. Camping was awesome, great music, the crowd were really good.

menikmati
02-18-2007, 01:01 PM
The Police are not playing Sasquatch.

woogie846
02-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Where's Sasquatch again? Washington?

superfiction
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
yeah. the gorge washignton. i agree. the police will not be there.

scratchynat
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
the gorge is like the most beautiful venue ever, besides red rock.
sasquatch this year is gonna be pretty sweet

instinct
03-01-2007, 01:25 AM
needs electronica!

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 02:24 AM
This will be my first year going to the Sasquatch festival. I don't know if this is the appropriate spot to ask questions, but I just want to ask people who have gone themselves...

wmgaretjax
03-10-2007, 08:04 AM
ask people what? you need to give us a question.

It's a fun fest. Very different than coachella, it's a lot easier to take it more low key because there are only 3 stages.

It's prettier than coachella, the view is absolutely amazing.

MarkO
03-10-2007, 08:26 AM
This will be my first year going to the Sasquatch festival. I don't know if this is the appropriate spot to ask questions, but I just want to ask people who have gone themselves...

Ask away.

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 09:53 AM
I keep picturing, with the amount of people, that things are going to be chaotic, as far as camping and parking go. Is it as crazy as I imagine?

I'd like to buy my tickets today, but I am not sure after looking last night, which would be the better option as far as 'camp vs. preiumer camping'. 'General Admission tickets vs. SolidGold Supertickets'. I know which tickets offer certain things, and not others, but any advice to make my first year @ the SF, the best?

If my roadtrip companion decides to go the hotel route instead of camping, are there hotels near by, with easy access back to the Gorge?

I pretty much want to know what a typical weekend at the SF is like... Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thank you in advance.

Danielle

MarkO
03-10-2007, 10:23 AM
I believe capacity is ~25k or so at the Gorge. Lines for food are a bit longer than at Coachella. I have no comparison on beer lines as I don't drink at Coachella. Lines for portaloos are about the same.

Re: camping, you drive your car onto the campsite and pitch your tent beside the car. It's nice. There are no restrictions AFAIK on how much room you take up. Just be reasonable. Camping is very chilled out but lines for showers can be longgggg. It's common for bf/gf to jump in one shower together to save time.

There are no ins/outs for cars from the campsite so bring everything you need. There is a small store on site but it gets cleared out by 11am each day. The nearest hotels would be in Moses Lake (east on I90) or Yakima (south & west) and both are a good drive from the Gorge. I wouldn't go that route when camping is so laid back. You can bring beer to the campground and cooking your own food is allowed.

wmgaretjax
03-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I keep picturing, with the amount of people, that things are going to be chaotic, as far as camping and parking go. Is it as crazy as I imagine?

I'd like to buy my tickets today, but I am not sure after looking last night, which would be the better option as far as 'camp vs. preiumer camping'. 'General Admission tickets vs. SolidGold Supertickets'. I know which tickets offer certain things, and not others, but any advice to make my first year @ the SF, the best?

If my roadtrip companion decides to go the hotel route instead of camping, are there hotels near by, with easy access back to the Gorge?

I pretty much want to know what a typical weekend at the SF is like... Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thank you in advance.

Danielle

I'd go the campground route. There are also other campgrounds nearby also (but then you have to deal with commuting day to day)... The campgrounds at the gorge are great. Security is pretty laid back and people are fun. It's pretty clean to. Hotels are probably mostly booked at this point, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. If you decide to go that route though, it's easy to get there and traffic on arrival is never to bad. That said, I'd just go with standard camping and standard ticket (although some people swear by premier parking, who cares, part of a festival is sitting in your car an hour after the show).

Sasquatch is not very hectic at all. Leaving is a bitch traffic wise, so try to leave really early the next morning if you can (if you camp) .

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I believe capacity is ~25k or so at the Gorge. Lines for food are a bit longer than at Coachella. I have no comparison on beer lines as I don't drink at Coachella. Lines for portaloos are about the same.

Re: camping, you drive your car onto the campsite and pitch your tent beside the car. It's nice. There are no restrictions AFAIK on how much room you take up. Just be reasonable. Camping is very chilled out but lines for showers can be longgggg. It's common for bf/gf to jump in one shower together to save time.

There are no ins/outs for cars from the campsite so bring everything you need. There is a small store on site but it gets cleared out by 11am each day. The nearest hotels would be in Moses Lake (east on I90) or Yakima (south & west) and both are a good drive from the Gorge. I wouldn't go that route when camping is so laid back. You can bring beer to the campground and cooking your own food is allowed.

Thank you so much, you answered all the questions (but didn't ask) about how the camping thing works. I figured it was like that, but again.. this will be my first year.

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd go the campground route. There are also other campgrounds nearby also (but then you have to deal with commuting day to day)... The campgrounds at the gorge are great. Security is pretty laid back and people are fun. It's pretty clean to. Hotels are probably mostly booked at this point, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. If you decide to go that route though, it's easy to get there and traffic on arrival is never to bad. That said, I'd just go with standard camping and standard ticket (although some people swear by premier parking, who cares, part of a festival is sitting in your car an hour after the show).

Sasquatch is not very hectic at all. Leaving is a bitch traffic wise, so try to leave really early the next morning if you can (if you camp) .

I think I have decided on normal GA tickets, and the Premier Camping option. I appreciate your quick replies, guys! And I am glad that we'll be camping opposed to a hotel. I have heard great stories about the music, and the views... but the camping as well.

Thank you again!! If I think/worry about anything else, I will be sure to ask.

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Is everything pretty well marked, as far as who goes where, parking and camping wise?

I don't mind getting lost...I just don't want to. :P

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Oy. Me again. :P

Do you guys know if I need to buy Preimer Parking tickets for the weekend too, if I pay for Premier Camping?

I am sooo confused, and their site is of no help. -bangsheadonkeyboard-

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 12:22 PM
I don't need the last answer about Premier Camping answered. I think I waited too long for it, so I got general camping, and premier parking along with general admission tickets.

Is there a certain time you have to be at the campground? Or does it matter if I show up at 9/10pm at night Friday, or 5am on Saturday. Any recommendations as to when to show up to avoid the most traffic. I noted that leaving early out of the campground is the best idea.

You said no in/out, is that in general or just after the shows are over, and everybody is turning in for the night?

Thanks again!!

wmgaretjax
03-10-2007, 01:10 PM
i don't think you need parking if you have camping. your car is left in the camp spot and you walk to the venue.

you can show up whatever time. the earlier the better though. no in and out from the show. and no car in and out at the campground.

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 01:51 PM
i don't think you need parking if you have camping. your car is left in the camp spot and you walk to the venue.

you can show up whatever time. the earlier the better though. no in and out from the show. and no car in and out at the campground.

Ah, well I bought them. But it all makes sense that I would not need them. Now. Oh well, what's a girl to do? Maybe pay attention next time. :P

The website says: No alcoholic beverages or cans - I assume that is just in the show, because they want you to buy their food and beer and whatnots. Does that apply to camping too though? Or can I bring beer to drink?

MarkO
03-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes, no outside beer in the Gorge itself but bring all you want to the campground.

As you drive down to the Gorge itself after getting off I5, day parking will be on the left and camping will be further down.

Heres a google map link. Camping is in the lower left of the 'crop circle'. The Gorge is left of center, lower down. Figure 15 or 20 mins walk between the two.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=george,+wa&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=47.102557,-119.988298&spn=0.010151,0.026994&t=k&om=1

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes, no outside beer in the Gorge itself but bring all you want to the campground.

As you drive down to the Gorge itself after getting off I5, day parking will be on the left and camping will be further down.

Heres a google map link. Camping is in the lower left of the 'crop circle'. The Gorge is left of center, lower down. Figure 15 or 20 mins walk between the two.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=george,+wa&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=47.102557,-119.988298&spn=0.010151,0.026994&t=k&om=1

They said this year on their website: "Alcohol: Beer and wine are now permitted in all areas of the Gorge."

I just wanted to know about while camping. Yay! I'm excited. I don't even care that I have a couple tickets I don't need/won't use. lol

And thanks for the picture - It's all making a lot more sense now. Are you going to the SF this year?

MarkO
03-10-2007, 02:57 PM
They said this year on their website: "Alcohol: Beer and wine are now permitted in all areas of the Gorge."............

And thanks for the picture - It's all making a lot more sense now. Are you going to the SF this year?

Yeah, I'm not sure if that *really* means we can walk around with a beer in hand. It's Coors Lite anyway so I'll usually not drink when I'm in there.

... and yes, I'm going to Sasquatch. I have my tix already. :)

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if that *really* means we can walk around with a beer in hand. It's Coors Lite anyway so I'll usually not drink when I'm in there.

... and yes, I'm going to Sasquatch. I have my tix already. :)

You want a couple Premier Parking tickets? Heh. jk

I don't know about Coors Lite (-gag-) but I'll buy you a beer for all your troubles and helping me with all my silly questions. Lemme know.

-D

wmgaretjax
03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm going saturday. Should be fun.

MarkO
03-10-2007, 06:47 PM
You want a couple Premier Parking tickets? Heh. jk

I don't know about Coors Lite (-gag-) but I'll buy you a beer for all your troubles and helping me with all my silly questions. Lemme know.

-D

Deal. :)

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm going saturday. Should be fun.

I offer a beer/drinkofchoice for you too, for your quick replies to my many questions.

diamondsfade
03-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Deal. :)

Awesome. As you know, I will be there both days, so we'll figure out time/place for what works best for you.

Thank you once again you two, I really appreciate it. Excluding the music, I assume it is people like you guys that make going to these types of things fun

fsm10
03-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Least year the beer selection at The Gorge was Coors original, Coors Light Heineken, and Molson Canadian.

The great thing about Sasquatch is that you can drink your beer anywhere on the grounds. There's no roped off beer garden that you have to stay in.

Premier camping sucks because it's with all the quieter families etc. General camping is mostly laid back unless you're near some big partiers which can be fun.

Bring all the booze you want to the camp site if you're coming from Seattle side stop in Ellensburg for your alcohol at their liquor store and get your food supplies. If you're meeting people in other cars at the campsite and you're the first to show up, bring enough stuff to spread out to leave room for your friends who are coming later.

Be sure to have a flashlight since there's basically no lights on the campgrounds. Oh and tiki torches are good too.

GooseNinja
03-22-2007, 06:32 PM
The polyphinc Spree were just added. pretty much sealed the deal for me.

DeltaSigChi4
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
EITS. EITS. EITS.

Please.

E

Razimus
03-23-2007, 04:43 AM
I used to think the beastie boys were cool until I listened to their albums a hundred times, if you actually listen closely you can hear they are very slow and
average in their rhyming schemes, yet they claim their the greatest, the contradiction just ends up sounding lame... plus I told mca my grandpa was buddhist and I asked him a question about buddhism and he didn't want to talk about it, it's as if that's not even his real religion but it's more of a celebrity fake religion, which seemed really sellout, I mean it wasn't a hard question I was just askin his opinion on somethin... but I'm sure their work to free tibet is great and all but china will probably never free it.

sbdeutsch
04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all the great information...its really sad that you have to get it at the Coachella web site!

I was wondering about the traffic on the way to the festival on the Saturday before the festival? Does it get really bad from Seattle?

smokealotapotamus
04-27-2007, 01:41 PM
hey... I'm going this year too! We should try to meet up/camp out together or something. Traffic is generally worse the closer you are to Seattle, but that's common sense. Awful that sasquatch doesnt have a forum for folks to meet up/ discuss stuff etc... WOOT!

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Seattle is the airport of choice to fly into? Also, I gather there are no showers in the normal camping area. Is this assumption correct? Lastly, how chaotic is the weather, comparatively with Coachella? I didn't really need a sweatshirt at night and felt that the claims that it got very cold at night were exaggerated, imo.

E

SIDENOTE: Isn't it time you retire your sig?

smokealotapotamus
05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
This will be my first year going. The Sea-Tac Airport is most commonly where you'll fly in, if you're flying. I'm sure you heard about the freak hailstorm last year, but I really doubt that it would happen again. I've been told to have a hoodie or something with you for the evening. I'm sure it gets windy with the gorge being a gorge and all. As far as the showers go... I dont know, this will be my first year attending the festival.

SIDENOTE: Your sig is equally offensive to the Coachella community, as mine is to you.

DeltaSigChi4
05-02-2007, 07:40 AM
My sig is truth. So is yours actually. I was just wondering if it was a bit out-dated. Tis' all. Carry on.

E

smokealotapotamus
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
See, the thing is... is that they're both humerous, because neither of them are true. Checkin out sasquatch this year Delta?

MarkO
05-03-2007, 06:00 AM
There are showers in regular camping but hot water is at a premium. Now that Coachella is over :( I can start concentrating on this fest.

smokealotapotamus
05-03-2007, 10:35 AM
seems really strange that their website doesnt even have a FAQ page.

DeltaSigChi4
05-03-2007, 10:47 AM
I am planning it. The thing is, that I am a "new hire" in a shit job I have. I only work there for the tuition reimbursement [TA that those cunts haven't even come through on yet]. They have a policy of no days off yadda yadda yadda Nazi Germany company etc et al. Supe got lippy about two [2] days off I took for Coachella.

I'm not going to travel all the way up there for one day. So if I go, I'll have to miss at least one day again. I'm not worried but I also don't want to get fired before I get some TA, you know.

I'll probably go. I might do Saturday only. Move on to Portland to see Arcade Fire save music again on Sunday night.

E

smokealotapotamus
05-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I have a lot of friends with that Agenda. Saturday, and then off to Portland for Arcade Fire on Sunday. Too many acts that I'm interested in on Sunday to do that (plus the Arcade Fire Portland show sold out really fast, and I dont want to deal with all of that...)

paulb
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
This is gonna be a great fest...see the beastie boys debut their new album live on Saturday, and see the hip hop set on Sunday...while seeing Arcade Fire, Bjork and Bad Brains in the process with Manu Chao there aswell...fuck yeah! I cant wait!

smokealotapotamus
05-03-2007, 12:34 PM
as WELL as Michael Franti, viva voce, the dandy warhols and The Blow. It'll be a great weekend. I'm thinkin psychadelics on saturday, and booze on sunday (except polyphonic spree is playing on sunday, hrmmm). Anybody hear about the "Sunday Brunch"?

MarkO
05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
seems really strange that their website doesnt even have a FAQ page.

They do.

rrockstar
05-03-2007, 08:27 PM
We need premier parking.. I am bringing my enclosed trailer to camp in and standard parking tickets are only available.

Anyone want to sell or trade Standard camping? I will pay extra of coarse.

We are willing to share spot?

Give me a call @ 201.600.7077

Ride available also from South Lake Tahoe...

smokealotapotamus
05-04-2007, 02:43 AM
They do.

I'll take another long hard look, but I've looked for one and never seemed to find it before. You give me hope MarkO.

MarkO
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
http://sasquatchfestival.com/main.php?page=gorge

Close enough to a FAQ but I guess you're right; there isn't a 'true' FAQ page.

paulb
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
My friend just told me that she found out the Beastie Boys Gala Instrumental show will be during the same time as Bjork....fuck! And of course im gonna be at the barricade for the Beasties, as i live for them. So that prob means ill be missing, MIA, Manu,Arcade and Bjork....really fuckin gay!

pandaroo
05-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Sasquatch is Beautiful, its fun, you can bring your beer around (unless that rule changed) campsite is better than coachella, its not spendy, good crowds, overall fantastic. Went in 05 with arcade fire, wilco, kanye, modest mouse and Pixies - had a great time- will be there on Saturday!

paulb
05-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I went last year and it was excellent. It is different than Coachella, you can walk around the venue with beer in your hand, there are no gardens, but they do have beer patrol people making sure the people drinking it have wristbands and not underaged peeps, but its so easy to just hand off the drink to someone else. The camping is waaay better in my opinion. You park your car right on the grass and set your tent up right behind it or whatever, no walking long distances with tons of shit back and forth like at Coachella. This way you can leave your shit in your car during the day, so there are no thefts or anything...

wisconsinboozer
05-07-2007, 02:30 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/quincygirl21/th_sasquatch.gif

smokealotapotamus
05-07-2007, 09:34 PM
sasquatch can HAVE my underpants!

paulb
05-08-2007, 01:19 AM
http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/2007/05/sasquatch-music-festival-schedule.html

here is the Sasquatch timetable...sorry, i had the wrong info....I can still catch the Beasties on the Wookie stage, and still have an hour to catch some of Manu and get a primo spot for Arcade Fire!!! and Bjork!

smokealotapotamus
05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
sick. Thank you. Ill have the same schedule, paul. Maybe meet up and burn one down?

mountmccabe
05-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Wow, those set-times are fantastic.

Well, other than Neko Case vs Electrelane. That's more brutal than any of my Coachella conflicts.

But, yeah, wow. I really wish I was going.

rage patton
05-12-2007, 01:01 AM
What exactly is this Beastie Boys instrumental thing?

paulb
05-12-2007, 01:52 AM
What exactly is this Beastie Boys instrumental thing?

Their new cd is called The Mix Up, its 100% instrumental, brand new sound. I have heard the entire cd, I got hooked up by a Capitol Records worker when i was in LA for Coachella. They are my fav band, and they are doing tour dates that are strictly instrumental shows, and regular greatest hits sets... at sasquatch they are doing both, the 1st day Instrumental on the Wookie stage, and the 2nd day a Greatest Hits set on the mainstage... Ill be seeing this aswell in Paris, one greatest hits gig at Le Zenith, and one instrumental show at Le Bataclan...+ a regular set at the Hurricane Festival. It will be new, and awesome!

MarkO
05-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Who knows but it should be fun.

rage patton
05-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Their new cd is called The Mix Up, its 100% instrumental, brand new sound. I have heard the entire cd, I got hooked up by a Capitol Records worker when i was in LA for Coachella. They are my fav band, and they are doing tour dates that are strictly instrumental shows, and regular greatest hits sets... at sasquatch they are doing both, the 1st day Instrumental on the Wookie stage, and the 2nd day a Greatest Hits set on the mainstage... Ill be seeing this aswell in Paris, one greatest hits gig at Le Zenith, and one instrumental show at Le Bataclan...+ a regular set at the Hurricane Festival. It will be new, and awesome!

Their new CD is all instrumental? How does it sound? You never mentioned that. So will they be DJing, or will they be playing instruments, or both? That is really cool though. Have any tracks been leaked anywhere?

paulb
05-12-2007, 12:54 PM
On www.beastieboys.com they are posting snippets of a new video for the song "The Ratcage" day by day. At the moment there are 5 available, a new one everyday, give it a listen. Mixmaster Mike is not used on the new cd. Im assuming he wont be playing at the instrumental gigs, although, im not sure if they will perform songs like Sabrosa or Groove Holmes where they would use him. I just know that they will be debuting their new material at the Gorge, and its gonna be something to see. Its a brand new sound, very keyboards heavy and really excellent. Check out their site and give those vids a watch.

smokealotapotamus
05-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Will do, paul.

Jakewc151
05-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I'll be going to this all by myself from SF bay area. I'm looking for a group of kool people to chill/camp with once I get there. Hit me up on PM or e-mail

jakewc151@sbcglobal.net

smokealotapotamus
05-14-2007, 11:09 PM
hey man, I shot you an Email. Let's chill.

paulb
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
http://www.zshare.net/download/beastie-boys-the-rat-cage-mp3-g3e.html

new Bboy song right here called The Rat Cage

smokealotapotamus
05-17-2007, 09:46 AM
The Sasquatch edition of "The Stranger" came out yesterday. Some fun stuff. They give a brief description of each band, give the set times, there's a Beastie Boys interview as well as some stupid scavenger hunt goals. sheck it.

smokealotapotamus
05-19-2007, 11:02 AM
WOOHOO! less than 1 week.

hangthedj112
05-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I'd imagine the weather at this venues gorgeous this time of year?

Either way have fun guys.

MarkO
05-19-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd imagine the weather at this venues gorgeous this time of year?

Either way have fun guys.

Two years ago, it was Coachella like heat and last year saw a show stopping (literally) hail storm on the Saturday.

smokealotapotamus
05-19-2007, 02:26 PM
we'll see what happens... :)

paulb
05-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Last year I got sunburned as fuck at Sassy, and the Hail was just fuckin nuts. I froze my ass off. what are the odds? being burned to a crisp, and frozed to ice in the same day? That Matisyahu set was amazing though, you gotta admit.

djbionik
05-21-2007, 07:50 AM
woo wee!! My first sasquatch fest! I kind of feel like I'm betraying my coachella soul, but whatever. music is music, festivals are for going!

I'm camping, and am trying to research what to take before we head up. there was so much info for coachella all the years I've gone, i feel like an expert almost.. Sasquatch on the other hand..
I'm just glad this message board exists! Thanks to the people who posted info about sasquatch, you guys are great!

Hope to hang out with some cool people and rock out!

MarkO
05-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Bring everything. No joke. There are no camping in/outs so you can't take your car and run to the store. The little on-site store runs out of everything too.

-edit- Be very careful on I90 within 30 miles of the place. WA State Police have a field day every year with festival goers. Same goes for Wapato / Toppenish for those coming from PDX. Tribal police are *always* out.

jadedjulie
05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Bring everything? serious? How far is it from the parking lot to the camp ground?

djbionik
05-21-2007, 10:45 PM
yikes! will do. rain gear also, I guess. I hear it's raining in utah, where I'll be driving up to before sasquatch. mountain rain.... yum.

I'm kind of glad about the car camping, that's awesome. It's nice to be able to lock your stuff up or use the extra storage space, though it was nice to know you could just drive up to a store whenever need be. whatever. In the years that I've gone, I've been over prepared anyway! I was a girl scout!

smokealotapotamus
05-22-2007, 01:01 AM
I wonder if we can get a camp group together, like they let you do at coachella. would be fun to get together with some folks from here.

paulb
05-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Ill be the one wearing an Oscilloscope shirt at the front of the barricade at the Wookie stage all day Saturday.

MarkO
05-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Bring everything? serious? How far is it from the parking lot to the camp ground?

Are you day parking or camping ? If you camp, you bring your car right into the campsite and park it there and make camp right beside the car.

And yeah, I'd bring everything. TP, all your water, sodas, beer, enough food for the w/end, the lot. The forecast is mid 80s so we shouldn't see a repeat of last years hail but who knows.

MarkO
05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Beck at Sasquatch last year.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/870/beckhb3.jpg

smokealotapotamus
05-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Yo - MIA Cancelled due to artists visa issuance problems. That sucks. The Long Winters just added.

paulb
05-22-2007, 12:27 PM
who the fuck are the long winters? thats too bad about MIA...i would have seen her if the bboys werent on the Wookie...so, i guess that news doesnt affect me...

MarkO
05-22-2007, 07:04 PM
set times are out.

http://sasquatchfestival.com/uploads/2007_sasquatch_schedule.pdf

smokealotapotamus
05-23-2007, 01:32 AM
looks like i'll be all over the place on saturday, and sunday I'll probobly be sticking around the Main stage.

invisiblerobots
05-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Anyone going to the Beastie Boys warm up show at the Crocodile on Friday night? It should be a madhouse. Tix go on sale today @ 4. I'd go, but I'll already be out setting up my tent at the Gorge.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F003EB5E3D7E5C3?artistid=702455&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3

paulb
05-23-2007, 08:02 AM
the Crocodile show is an all instrumental show, so if you are into that kinda thing than it should be good, if you want rap, dont go. its also them playing the new album for the 1st time, so it may be rusty. im praying i get tix, me and out of town people coming for the show are all hopin to get tix.

DeltaSigChi4
05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
What the fuck is the tribal police going to do? Give tribal tickets? I'll wipe my ass with it once I get to the gorge and realize that I forgot to bring TP.

E

DeltaSigChi4
05-23-2007, 10:15 AM
BTW, I may be going to this thing afterall. In the planning stages. Anyone familiar with the Portland, Oregon venue where Arcade Fire is playing at on Sunday?

E

MarkO
05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
BTW, I may be going to this thing afterall. In the planning stages. Anyone familiar with the Portland, Oregon venue where Arcade Fire is playing at on Sunday?

E

Yup. It's a beautiful old concert hall. I saw Sigur Ros there last year.

MarkO
05-23-2007, 11:38 AM
What the fuck is the tribal police going to do? Give tribal tickets? I'll wipe my ass with it once I get to the gorge and realize that I forgot to bring TP.

E

Good luck with that.

DeltaSigChi4
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Do they have a "pit" there? Stubhub has seller listing "pit" tickets, and I would like to know where this "pit" exists, because it's not on the seating chart.

Also, I don't acknowledge the authority, therefore don't pay a goddamn dime. Stated.

E

MarkO
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
..... Also, I don't acknowledge the authority, therefore don't pay a goddamn dime. Stated.

E

Thats the spirit. Yeah!

DeltaSigChi4
05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Conversed with a guy who lived in Seattle before moving here to Vegas.
He says that most people just outrun those worthless tribal hacks. He had great anecdotes.

Pwnt.

MarkO
05-23-2007, 08:24 PM
You go Girl !

paulb
05-24-2007, 01:01 AM
i got Crocodile tix! i have a spare one too for sale....

DeltaSigChi4
05-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I'll give you 20$ and buy you two [2] domestic beers.

E

paulb
05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
a single ticket for this gig is 300 US on ebay....lol, 20 bucks? lol. Twill be an awesome gig, it sold out instantly.

DeltaSigChi4
05-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Then list in on eBay. My address bar shows that this is coachella.com/forum, not eBay.com/tickets. Just for that, the Sheffield is off the offer table. :mad:

E

SFChrissy
05-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Where's Sasquatch again? Washington?

George Washington at the gorge!!!

smokealotapotamus
05-24-2007, 08:04 PM
so... Who's going?... and Delta, there is going to be an afterparty at a bar in portland where the Arcade Fire are DJing (?). There will be crazy performers and stuff, too. http://www.arcadefire.net/ just to let you know.

DeltaSigChi4
05-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh I know bro. You going to it? I haven't gotten my ticket yet, but I'm going.

Saturday: Sasquatch, day one.
Sunday: AF in Portland x 2

E

smokealotapotamus
05-25-2007, 07:55 AM
i'll be at sasquatch all weekend, so no... I wont be able to make it to the portland show, or the after party. We should get together and drink a beer or something.

invisiblerobots
05-25-2007, 08:47 AM
I'll be there all weekend as well, rocking one of these:
http://www.beerstore.com.au/beerstore/uploads/beerImages/heineken-mini-keg-large-2.jpg

It'll be nice to get out of the city and away from people like this, which occurred earlier this week a few blocks from my home:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/nickelkeep/dumbbitch2.jpg

smokealotapotamus
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
YO - Look for the tent with the grateful dead flag that has the steal your face (skeleton thing) and dancing bears underneath it. I'm 6' 4" always wearing a bandana with lip and eyebrow piercings. Say hello!

smokealotapotamus
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
... and my name is phil.

DeltaSigChi4
05-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I'll be the one proclaiming to everyone that AF saved music.

E

invisiblerobots
05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
YO - Look for the tent with the grateful dead flag that has the steal your face (skeleton thing) and dancing bears underneath it. I'm 6' 4" always wearing a bandana with lip and eyebrow piercings. Say hello!

Will do Phil - see you at the Gorge!

DeltaSigChi4
05-27-2007, 09:30 AM
That thing was sorta a mess, you know.

I'm not big on complaining either.

E

smokealotapotamus
05-28-2007, 12:37 PM
wow. what a great weekend. didnt meet up with anybody from here, but it's all good. Ghostland Observatory blew my fucking head off.

codytwo
05-28-2007, 02:12 PM
What a complete clusterfuck this year.

wmgaretjax
05-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Ghostland was great.

Mirah blew.

got up against the rail for Manu Chao (and following acts) who was amazing (only saw him/them from far away at coachella).

Arcade Fire were the best I've ever seen them. Bjork was great, but not as good as coachella.

Saw Arcade Fire again in portland the next day. Amazing as well, they played "In the Backseat" and a cover of Clinic's "Distortion." fun times.

MarkO
05-28-2007, 03:23 PM
The weather sucked yesterday and I froze my tits off. I was >< close to driving back to PDX at 7pm last night but sucked it up for The Beastie Boys. I'm glad I did as it was a kickass show.

This w/end made me realise though how well organised Coachella is though. Sasquatch has a lot to learn from GV on how to do things.

jadedjulie
05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know where the fuck Sarah Silverman was?

MarkO
05-28-2007, 11:56 PM
She was there on Sat and didn't look too happy being about it.

DeltaSigChi4
05-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Once again, I'm not huge on complaining ... as I've experienced a lot worse under pressure ...

but what were there ...

three [3] porta-potties in that whole fucking place??

And the staff weren't even doing any of their jobs. Besides the box office ladies [who couldn't feasibly stay away] and the ticket scanners ... well and maybe the drink enforcers because they get a kick off of getting underage kids booted .. no one were doing their jobs.

And was anything on schedule?

Anyone fear for their lives when the set of speakers were dangerously close to breaking off and killing everyone underneath after a wind gust blew them into perpetual orbit.

Who was in charge of this thing? The Republican Party?

E

paulb
05-29-2007, 05:23 AM
Beastie Boys on the Wookie Stage was one fuck of a show! The main stage show sucked monkey balls, twas fun of course, and I loved it, but compaired to what it should have been, really disapointing. and the show at the Crocodile Cafe was fuckin fun as hell! I enjoyed Sasquatch...Best bands for sure were: Beastie Boys on Wookie, Ghostland Observatory and Bad Brains.

invisiblerobots
05-29-2007, 06:14 AM
She was there on Sat and didn't look too happy being about it.

It sounded to me like she was wasted on Saturday and had no idea what was going on. She didn't seem to know which band was on next and she was reading things written on her hand. I didn't miss her absence at all on Sunday.

smokealotapotamus
05-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Anyone fear for their lives when the set of speakers were dangerously close to breaking off and killing everyone underneath after a wind gust blew them into perpetual orbit.

Yeah, that was fucked up. Does anybody know if Polyphonic Spree ended up playing after Michael Franti on the Wookie stage? My favorite shows this weekend are as follows: (in no particular order, besides Ghostland)
1. Ghostland Observatory
2. Beastie Boys on the Wookie stage <- ended up playing 4-5 original songs going over their time by a half hour (which is fine because they were closing the Wookie stage anyway).
3. Blackalicious <- Gift of Gab is one hell of a showman.
4. Arcade Fire
5. Grizzly Bear

The Blow was a lot of fun, Viva Voce never fails to melt a part of my face off, Spoon was lacking stage presence, Interpol was extra special thanks to a certain little hippy chick =) and I am ADDICTED to Ghostland.

DeltaSigChi4
05-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Did anyone see Electrelane?

And to add another perspective on the Beastie Boys Instrumental garage type deal, I didn't like it. Walked away after around two [2] songs to go see another Manu Chao set again.

E

MarkO
05-29-2007, 09:51 AM
What was wrong with The Beastie Boys on the main stage ?

... and yes, Bad Brains brought it. NOW, I see why they are so influential. I liked The Hold Steady a lot, Viva Voce were great and Bjork was better than I thought (missed her at 'chella).

Spoon and The Long Winters need to go away and have all traces of their existence wiped from this earth. They are two woefully boring bands.

paulb
05-30-2007, 01:39 AM
The beastie boys main stage setlist was:

Gratitude
Time for Livin'
Remote Control
Off the Grid
Body Movin'
Sure Shot (Turntables)
Shake Your Rump
Jimmy James/Happy Birthday
Do It (Instruments)
Egg Raid on Mojo
The Maestro
Electric Worm
Shambala
Son of Neckbone
Something's Got to Give
Root Down (Instruments)
Root Down (Turntables)
Pass the Mic
So What'cha Want

MMM Solo
Intergalactic
Ch-Check It Out
Heart Attack Man
Sabotage

The Wookie stage performance was:

Time for Livin'
Gratitude
Sabrosa
Electric Worm
Live at PJ's
Root Down and Get It
Suco De Tangerina
Do It
Mark on the Bus
Tough Guy
Remote Control
Honky Rink
Pow
Shambala
Off the Grid
Jimmy James
Sabotage

Sure Shot
Egg Raid on Mojo
Heart Attack Man
The Maestro

and the setlist for the Crocodile show was:

BEASTIE BOYS SET LIST
B For My Name
Sabrosa
Live at PJ's
Do It
Electric Worm
Transitions
Son of Neckbone
Something's Got To Give
Off the Grid
Root Down/Get It
Egg Raid On Mojo
Tough Guy
Remote Control
Mark On the Bus
Shambala
Ricky's Theme
Pow!
Jimmy James/Happy Birthday
Sabotage
ENCORE
Sure Shot
Time For Living
Heart Attack Man

The Crocodile show was fuckin sweet, the Wookie stage was really fuckin great. The main stage show was good, but a big let down, considering it was practically a Gala show, but with some crappy rap tunes added. No real Bboy fan wants to hear Intergalactic and Body Movin...

smokealotapotamus
05-30-2007, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the lists paul

landa321
06-08-2007, 11:33 PM
What was wrong with The Beastie Boys on the main stage ?

... and yes, Bad Brains brought it. NOW, I see why they are so influential.

umm... first of all... no... you did NOT see why Bad Brains are so infuential. They were old and boring. the Bad Brains that I saw back in the day before HR became born again and all that... THAT was the Bad Brains that was influential. Now, they're just old. I still love them... but they are SO not the same band they once were.

and Spoon is a very good band. listen to their records. not everyone can be Linkin Park. Sorry.

MarkO
06-09-2007, 05:43 AM
umm... first of all... no... you did NOT see why Bad Brains are so infuential. They were old and boring. the Bad Brains that I saw back in the day before HR became born again and all that... THAT was the Bad Brains that was influential. Now, they're just old. I still love them... but they are SO not the same band they once were.

and Spoon is a very good band. listen to their records. not everyone can be Linkin Park. Sorry.

How about regaling us with stories of how you saw Zepp and the Beatles too and how cool they were. :rolleyes

And to clarify my previous point, Spoon are crap. Crap. Probably worse than Linkin Park if I knew what they sounded like.

smokealotapotamus
06-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I like spoon's albums, but they bored me to death live.