PDA

View Full Version : Jackson 4 + Janet = 2010 Coachella

jgafs
07-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I know I know, it's a ways off and MJ's coverage has been excessive...but this past weekend while really stoned, I thought of the greatness of this idea.

Why not try and snag the remaining J5 members add Janet to sing Michael's vocals off their albums as well as sharing duties on some of MJ's greatest hits?

Pipe dream or was I on the pipe dreaming?

HunterGather
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Oddy, there is actually 5 brothers left. So they can still call it the Jackson 5 :D
But it won't happen.

frazzles
07-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Pass.

humanoid
07-27-2009, 02:52 PM
has anyone wanted to hear any of the other Jackson brothers sing since 1972?

chairmenmeow47
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Oddy, there is actually 5 brothers left. So they can still call it the Jackson 5 :D
But it won't happen.

only if motown lets them. there's a reason they were called "the jacksons" after leaving motown, aside from the loss of jermaine. the "five" belonged to berry gordy.

either way, this is a horrible idea. like anyone wants to hear janet sing billie jean.

jgafs
07-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Tito Jackson, I think would own Billie Jean...Seriously though, I'm not saying their act would be a Mainstage closer or anything like that...but more an homage and respect to the King of Pop.
Say, outdoor theater at sundown on Friday? And if the Super Bowl Tittie Queen doesn't fancy a family outing, fuck it, get the UK kid from the memorial or insert any wanna-be MJ type here: JT/Ne-yo/Chris Brown/Usher.

I know I'm being selfish, but I just wanna hear 'Man in the Mirror' sung professionally at Coachella...

frazzles
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Still pass.

Regardless of their individual talents, neither of which is Michael and as such, very few people at Coachella would give a shit.

JebusLives
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
I still don't think MJ would have fit (although I wish I'd seen him). This idea is like inviting INXS after the fact. A bad idea past its window of opportunity anyway.

HunterGather
07-27-2009, 06:18 PM
only if motown lets them. there's a reason they were called "the jacksons" after leaving motown, aside from the loss of jermaine. the "five" belonged to berry gordy.

either way, this is a horrible idea. like anyone wants to hear janet sing billie jean.

Yeah, I know.
But they could form THE JACKSONS again with the remaining brothers.

Maybe Jermaine can finally shine as the leading man! :D

wstsidela
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Janet has a shitty voice. She can't handle MJ's vox.

iloveorangejuice
07-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I wanted Janet and her purple roast beef curtains at this year's Coachella....didn't happen.

joppy-slow
07-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I wanted Janet and her purple roast beef curtains at this year's Coachella....didn't happen.

h aha haha.. lolz

oftheheartofthesoul
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM

You were responsible for the Thread of the Year, if I'm not mistaken.

iloveorangejuice
08-01-2009, 11:55 PM
You were responsible for the Thread of the Year, if I'm not mistaken.

Really? It couldn't have been that good/bad.