PDA

View Full Version : Help me mess with some random guy in Tucson

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I got a text from someone I didn't know, inviting me to "The Cruz" at 5pm. I fired back "IT'S ON!". Then at 5pm, I sent another that said "I'm running late to the Cruz, don't leave!"

I thought that would be the end...he would ask his friend why he didn't show, friend said he never got the text.etc.

Got a similar invitation on the 14th, and related messages on the 16th, 17th, and 21st. I never answered them, but they kept coming.

Through the magic of Google, my wife figured out that the guy is from Tucson (my cell number looks like a Tucson #, even though I'm up north), and he's inviting me to play disc golf. The Santa Cruz River Park is his usual hangout, but he played in a tournament in Marana, AZ last weekend. (Or, he was training for it anyway.)

I sent him this today..."I don't know what's wrong with my phone, I just got a bunch of old texts from u. Hope I didn't miss anything good. What's up this weekend?" Explains why I haven't been answering, and doesn't say whether or not I've actually shown up for these games.

I want to try to keep the messages light and non committal and then slowly start slipping in weirder and weirder stuff. Like, maybe throw in a "hey,cutie!" in a few days and see what happens. My goal is to either get this guy punched or laid. Any suggestions? I don't know any disc golf slang.

Bud Luster
07-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Tell him you need advice on a good under-stable disc, and that you cant get your throw to go right for anything...

captncrzy
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm thinking something revolving around the next local NAMBLA meeting.

higgybaby23
07-22-2009, 02:47 PM
If he is really from Tucson, it shouldn't be hard to mess with his head. We seem to have an inordinate amount of morons here.

marooko
07-22-2009, 03:02 PM
This sounds fun, I wish I knew stuff about disc golf.

bug on your lip
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
text him that you want to "slurp all his digits hard 2nite"

don't worry, it's disc golf slang

goldfromla
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I got a text from someone I didn't know, inviting me to "The Cruz" at 5pm. I fired back "IT'S ON!". Then at 5pm, I sent another that said "I'm running late to the Cruz, don't leave!"

I thought that would be the end...he would ask his friend why he didn't show, friend said he never got the text.etc.

Got a similar invitation on the 14th, and related messages on the 16th, 17th, and 21st. I never answered them, but they kept coming.

Through the magic of Google, my wife figured out that the guy is from Tucson (my cell number looks like a Tucson #, even though I'm up north), and he's inviting me to play disc golf. The Santa Cruz River Park is his usual hangout, but he played in a tournament in Marana, AZ last weekend. (Or, he was training for it anyway.)

I sent him this today..."I don't know what's wrong with my phone, I just got a bunch of old texts from u. Hope I didn't miss anything good. What's up this weekend?" Explains why I haven't been answering, and doesn't say whether or not I've actually shown up for these games.

I want to try to keep the messages light and non committal and then slowly start slipping in weirder and weirder stuff. Like, maybe throw in a "hey,cutie!" in a few days and see what happens. My goal is to either get this guy punched or laid. Any suggestions? I don't know any disc golf slang.

i think your talking about me man.

marooko
07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
i wish this to be true.

amyzzz
07-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I missed out on my chance to mess with someone a couple weeks ago I guess:

Fairly certain this is still you, so hi. Could you text me the number that may be in my work shirt pocket? Or text me sokol's number. Please

I said "Who is this? Don't think I know you"

It's Shawndra

"Wrong #"

MissingPerson
07-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I used to get extremely graphic text messages from some dude every Sunday morning, informing his friend about his Saturday night conquests.

I let him send them. It was a slow season.

marooko
07-22-2009, 04:14 PM
ive sent some to the wrong number. luckily it was only like four. i was curious why i wasnt getting any back. either way, im sure they loved them.

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking something revolving around the next local NAMBLA meeting.

This seems like a more advanced step. I'll have to build up to that.

faxman75
07-22-2009, 04:26 PM
did you recieve a response to any of your texts, including todays? You provide all the messages he sent and your response and then nothing in return? Doesn't sound very promising.

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Fairly certain this is still you, so hi. Could you text me the number that may be in my work shirt pocket? Or text me sokol's number. Please

Golden opportunity...if only the name was more common. Like, if they asked for Bob's #, text the number of your friend Bob, and then you can mess with him too.

It's the first sentence that makes a worthy target. "Fairly certain this is still you". "Still"? And if you aren't SURE it's "still you", then shouldn't you put some kind of identifier in there? Because I AM "still me". I think.

Plus, why does this person that you aren't positive even exists have your work shirt?

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 04:42 PM
did you recieve a response to any of your texts, including todays? You provide all the messages he sent and your response and then nothing in return? Doesn't sound very promising.

He never responds to anything directly. It's always just "I'm going to Marana, hope to see you there!"..."Come to Santa Cruz at high noon, you bring the water, I'll bring the beer!" He seems very self centered..."I'm going there, so you should too." When you answer, you get nothing. I think that's why I'm annoyed, otherwise I would just tell him it's a wrong #.

However, you're right, I might not be able to be subtle. NAMBLA it is.

amyzzz
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Golden opportunity...if only the name was more common. Like, if they asked for Bob's #, text the number of your friend Bob, and then you can mess with him too.

It's the first sentence that makes a worthy target. "Fairly certain this is still you". "Still"? And if you aren't SURE it's "still you", then shouldn't you put some kind of identifier in there? Because I AM "still me". I think.

Plus, why does this person that you aren't positive even exists have your work shirt?
I know! It sounds like either a one-night stand or a fast food co-worker borrowed this person's shirt. I prefer the former scenario for comedic potential.

bmack86
07-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Or you could rent an elephant and bring it to the location.

faxman75
07-22-2009, 04:45 PM
It sounds like a mass text he is sending and when you reply he doesn't know you so he just ignores it.

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 04:45 PM
i think your talking about me man.

No, this guy has a "Caps" key, and seems to know the difference between possessives and contractions.

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 04:50 PM
It sounds like a mass text he is sending and when you reply he doesn't know you so he just ignores it.

Yeah maybe. But if he's sending a mass text, then my number should be in his phone under someone's name.