PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about BMX bikes want to tell me if this is a good deal?

Mr.Nipples
07-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I've been needing a bike for awhile and I came across a guy selling these 2 for $400 each or best offer. its been a long time since ive been in the bmx loop so help me out bish...

1986 Skyway Streetbeat. I bought this as a NOS frame + bar set in 2007 and built it up from the ground with NOS and custom powder-coated parts. It was featured on a BMX website a couple of years ago, although I don't recall which one. It is a "new" bike, barely ridden.
http://olcircuits.com/bmx/mr_streetbeat_driveside.jpg

1977/2007 SE Racing PK Ripper. It is the original looptail anniversary limited edition released in 2007. Only 500 were made, all were sold out months before dealers got them in stock (I paid and waited 5 months before it arrived). I bought it as a frame + fork (Landing Gear, $$) set and built it from the ground up. Like the Skyway, it is a "new" bike, barely ridden.
http://olcircuits.com/bmx/mr_pkripper_driveside.jpg

seem like a good deal? which one should i snag?

faxman75
07-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Cholo?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/dannymll5_5/cholo.jpg

marooko
07-15-2009, 07:08 AM
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!! INSTA-HARD-ON!!! What do you wanna use it for?

If to actually ride BMX, I'd go with the PK. To cruise around town in style, definitely go with the skyway. Also, where exactly are you getting these from? The frames look like different bikes.

marooko
07-15-2009, 07:11 AM
i cant believe this. that lean-back seat post is dope!! mag wheels, green tires. fuck yeah. but that PK, man, .........just wow.

also, the PK looks like it comes with an A-headset. much better. also, the 48 spoke wheels are gonna hold up better than the mags.

the PK has a 3 piece crank set and the skyway looks like it might. do you know if it does? looks like it could be a mock 3 piece.

stuporfly
07-15-2009, 07:13 AM
I had one of those classic PK Rippers back in the day. Then I busted my nuts going awkwardly over a berm. The end.

Geno_g
07-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Get the PK, my PK was a ripper...

marooko
07-15-2009, 07:16 AM
yeah. the PK is gonna hold up better all around. looks like it has better parts on it also. but man, you'd be cruising in style on that skyway.

Mr.Nipples
07-15-2009, 07:18 AM
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!! INSTA-HARD-ON!!! What do you wanna use it for?

If to actually ride BMX, I'd go with the PK. To cruise around town in style, definitely go with the skyway. Also, where exactly are you getting these from? The frames look like different bikes.

just to cruise around mostly. the mags are NOS and not original but im not about to be going off of hills and shit with it anyway. im not sure where the guy is located but he will ship them.

"The frames look like different bikes"

huh?

the PK has a 3 piece crank set and the skyway looks like it might. do you know if it does? looks like it could be a mock 3 piece.

just asked him, im gonna assume its a 3 piece.

marooko
07-15-2009, 07:23 AM
i overlooked the dates. the 77pk looks like the 90's mogoose frame. but being that its the 77, the 90's mogoose frame looks like the PK. my mistake.

overall, like i mentioned, the PK will hold up better. buts its just not gonna be as stylish as that skyway. but anyone who knows is gonna cream when they see either one.

i cracked my skyway on a rhythm section.

Mr.Nipples
07-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Get the PK, my PK was a ripper...

well be riding around soon hopefully...

moar pics of the skyway. its been giving me a rude horn all morning...
http://olcircuits.com/bmx/mr_streetbeat_stem3.jpg
http://olcircuits.com/bmx/mr_streetbeat_leftgrip.jpg

i overlooked the dates. the 77pk looks like the 90's mogoose frame. but being that its the 77, the 90's mogoose frame looks like the PK. my mistake.

overall, like i mentioned, the PK will hold up better. buts its just not gonna be as stylish as that skyway. but anyone who knows is gonna cream when they see either one.

i cracked my skyway on a rhythm section.

yeah i dunno if ill be doing alot of dirt riding if i get the skyway.

marooko
07-15-2009, 07:28 AM
think it is a 3 piece. i just saw that it is a spindle in there. thought it was just dark.

marooko
07-15-2009, 07:30 AM
man i wish i had 400 bucks. id get whichever one you didnt.

marooko
07-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Let me know which one you end up getting, Nipps. I'm excited for you.

RotationSlimWang
07-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Nips, you're a white man. What are you doing with a bike?

BROKENDOLL
07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Uh, Mr.Nipples, now I'm no expert, and maybe it's that bright lime green, I don't know... But, isn't this descision a no brainer?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/nipples-2-1.jpg

BROKENDOLL
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa240/Junelax/MOndaY/314595534_702f8c37f7_m.jpg
These are for you, Marooko...

Mr.Nipples
07-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Let me know which one you end up getting, Nipps. I'm excited for you.

im gonna pick up that skyway. if you want, i can ask this guy to hold the pk for you until you can get the funds, hes also accepting best offers on it.

Mr.Nipples
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Uh, Mr.Nipples, now I'm no expert, and maybe it's that bright lime green, I don't know... But, isn't this descision a no brainer?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/nipples-2-1.jpg

hahaha

Geno_g
07-16-2009, 10:37 AM
When you get this, we are riding to Music in the park and getting drunk...

marooko
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
im gonna pick up that skyway. if you want, i can ask this guy to hold the pk for you until you can get the funds, hes also accepting best offers on it.

does he have a site or email? PM me, or I could PM you mine to forward.

and that shit is gonna be stylish as fuck!! you gotta keep it clean though.

BROKENDOLL
07-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Drunk, on a BIG, bright lime green bike... Nobody will ever notice! LOL

BTW...Mr.Nipples, I think it's those tires that are bringing the smart ass out in me, I'm not sure.
But, what would I know? I disassembled the banana seat off my sting-ray and replaced it with a 10 speed seat, then took the handlebars off my mom's beach cruiser, only to go flying off the embankment with the boys and landing on that God Damned bar! OUCH!!!

BROKENDOLL
07-16-2009, 10:50 AM

Maybe you could spare him afew of those papertowels.

Mr.Nipples
07-16-2009, 11:26 AM

shoot me your email

Bud Luster
07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Nips, you can get a brand new one from the folks that produce PK ripper (SE racing, see: www.sebikes.com) for that much. Might be better because you can get a larger size bike that would suit you better that is still as stylish, has better components, colors, etc. Especially with the economy the way it is, you should go into your local shop that carries these with cash and try to make a deal. My friend recently got a new SE bike listed at $550 in the store for $400 cash. If you are in an mostly urban area (sf right?) you can probably make this happen. Those vintage bikes are fucking cool though.

Geno_g
07-16-2009, 11:38 AM
That's what I told him too, just buy a new one for the same price and it will last longer, and who knows this guy might have built these with shit parts and put stickers on them...

We will see, that skyway will look pimp, might have to hit a couple jumps on it...

BROKENDOLL
07-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Nips, you can get a brand new one from the folks that produce PK ripper (SE racing, see: www.sebikes.com) for that much. Might be better because you can get a larger size bike that would suit you better that is still as stylish, has better components, colors, etc. Especially with the economy the way it is, you should go into your local shop that carries these with cash and try to make a deal. My friend recently got a new SE bike listed at $550 in the store for $400 cash. If you are in an mostly urban area (sf right?) you can probably make this happen. Those vintage bikes are fucking cool though.
If Mr.Nipples gets a bike much bigger, I'll need a new monitor! LOL

Young blood
07-16-2009, 12:29 PM

NTyKhLPf62U

Geno_g
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Young blood that first video you posted of Haro was sick...

Young blood
07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I remember as a kid going to the park and trying to flatland tricks with the megadeath dudebrahs blasting their music.

Haro=Herro

Geno_g
07-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I use to sport a flatland raleigh bike, had the giro neck so you could do x-ups and full busdrivers, I fucked my self up on that bike trying flatland tricks...

Suffacated
07-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Nice find Nipps!

Takes me back to my CYC Stormer frame I had back in 1978.
Skyway graphite Tuffwheel II's, Rat Traps, Ashtabula crank, D.I.D chain, Cycle Pro bars with Oakley grips.
Big money back then and even bigger money today.
Great find Nipps!