PDA

View Full Version : Hole Reunion

faxman75
07-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Haters go away. How great would it be to hear the Live Through This songs again live? Well "Nobody's Daughter" was supposed to be a solo album but apparently she is releasing it as a "Hole" record and claims that a reunion (sort of) is in the works as well as a tour.

Melissa Auf der Maur whom Courtney says will be part of the band, says she has no idea about the reunion so we shall see.

The album is slated to be released in about a week?

Here is footage from when I saw Hole at Metro in Chicago during late 1994. Hole is the first segment but if you like chicks that rock stay tuned for the full 8 minutes where Liz Phair and Mazzy Star are also part of the show.

Gu95CiCn0GQ

and some Glastonbury

w1zaF0DEwpU

edit: that youtube didn't work for some reason so here is another from back in the day.

Hole for Coachella 2010 but we'll make that thread later. ;)

bug on your lip
07-13-2009, 10:59 AM
it's jocks like you that made me stop listening to Hole

whynotsmile99
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM
couldn't possibly give a fuck less

faxman75
07-13-2009, 11:08 AM

:lool

faxman75
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
couldn't possibly give a fuck less

Sure you could. You weren't able to ignore it.

JebusLives
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Hole was a solid band. This excites me, fax.

captncrzy
07-13-2009, 11:28 AM

He wasn't a jock. didn't you see the pic? Candy kid all the way.

captncrzy
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
I'd like a Hole reunion by the way. I'm curious if all of the plastic surgery has affected Courtney's voice.

rskapcat
07-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Saw them at Lolla '95. Wouldn't mind seeing them again.

bug on your lip
07-13-2009, 11:32 AM
He wasn't a jock. didn't you see the pic? Candy kid all the way.

cough

SFChrissy
07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I saw courtney at the fillmore after she got out of rehab a couple of years ago...she was actually really good...I think I loved her trashing her catoure dress the most!!!

PlayaDelWes
07-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I support a Hole Reunion.

menikmati
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Courtney can't get her solo career going, so she's resorting to "reuniting" a half ass version of a previous band of hers....sounds just like the same thing some bald fuckhead out of Chicago did. Hole had one good album (and we all know why/reasons behind that). Move on, and forget about Courtney Love.

BlackSwan
07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I think I loved her trashing her catoure dress the most!!!

Couture.

TommyboyUNM
07-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Courtney can't get her solo career going, so she's resorting to "reuniting" a half ass version of a previous band of hers....sounds just like the same thing some bald fuckhead out of Chicago did. Hole had one good album (and we all know why/reasons behind that). Move on, and forget about Courtney Love.

Kurt Cobain didn't write "Live Through This."

menikmati
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Right, it was Billy Corgan...

faxman75
07-13-2009, 12:14 PM

Nope, that was Celebrity Skin. I understand why nobody ever wants to give her credit for anything but the Live Through This tour rocked hard and Courtney pulled it off in the same year Kurt died. It made for some unique and disturbing shows and a few of the most memorable shows I have ever seen.

M Sparks
07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Courtney can't get her solo career going, so she's resorting to "reuniting" a half ass version of a previous band of hers....sounds just like the same thing some bald fuckhead out of Chicago did.

He couldn't get Melissa back either.

SoulDischarge
07-13-2009, 01:20 PM
a5N4Zw0c63c

faxman75
07-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Melissa will be there for Courtney. They have already been talking and Melissa says she feels her and Courtney are "soul sisters" of some sort. The rest remains to be seen. Hopefully she still can rock those Live Through This tunes but I don't see why she can't.

menikmati
07-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Eric Erlandson already said he has no interest in this. Therefore forget about this and find something else.

faxman75
07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Eric Erlandson already said he has no interest in this. Therefore forget about this and find something else.

Fail. He is not doing anything right now. They are still friends and he is still close with Melissa. He has said "It just sounds like the usual...I love her a lot and I wish her the best and I'm open to discussions regarding the real Hole, and if she has a solo album together, I think that's great. I think she should finish it and put it out and do that."

That's hardly NO INTEREST as you say. He's open to it.

menikmati
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
is all you do assume?

JebusLives
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
is all you do assume?

Is all you do crush dreams?

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 02:18 PM

Billy co-wrote 3 songs on Celebrity Skin... and they weren't even any of the better ones.

Hole had a good album before Live Through This.

Is all you do crush dreams?

that about sums menikunti up..

faxman75
07-13-2009, 02:19 PM
is all you do assume?

What? :lool You said.

Eric Erlandson already said he has no interest in this.

Without a link or a source, that's the assumption. You typed that. You made the assumption. Nothing I have read says he isn't interested in Hole so what are you talking about?

faxman75
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Cobain co-wrote more than that (unofficially) on Live Through This... and they were most of the good ones.

Umm how about we keep to what we know for certain. Like "officially".

Unofficially Courtney had Curt killed as well.

kitt kat
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
live through this is a killer album, courtney love's weirdoness aside..and the kurt cobain writing

menikmati
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
that about sums menikunti up..

aww look, the biggest loser on the boards is still unoriginal, upset and bitter...

chairmenmeow47
07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.stylecaster.com/member_files/size/454x/blog_files/courtney-love.jpg

sorry, but you can't reunite a hole that gaping :p

captncrzy
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
cough

LOLZ

menikmati
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Umm how about we keep to what we know for certain. Like "officially".

Unofficially Courtney had Curt killed as well.

I "officially" know that Courtney tried to pass "Old Age" as being one of her songs, years before it finally became known (thanks in part to Krist) that Cobain had indeed wrote it and recorded different versions with Nirvana, long before Courtney recorded her version. Similar thing happened with "Your Know You're Right".

Not much a stretch to apply that to Live Through This.

JebusLives
07-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Also unofficially, Paul McCartney is dead. Sometimes reality is far less interesting.

faxman75
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I "officially" know that Courtney tried to pass "Old Age" as being one of her songs, years before it finally became known (thanks in part to Krist) that Cobain had indeed wrote it and recorded different versions with Nirvana, long before Courtney recorded her version. Similar thing happened with "Your Know You're Right".

Not much a stretch to apply that to Live Through This.

It's also pretty well knowns that Kurt and Courtney would influence eachother. Heart Shaped Box and Pennyroyal Tea?

So by your logic we can assume Courtney wrote some Nirvana albums? We know that they collaborated so why discredit an entire work based on one song you are citing?

You shouldn't make assumptions. The fact is they were married. They worked a lot together on music but to take away all the writing credit from her for Live through This is a huge stretch and certainly nothing either side can prove.

The fact is, it's a great album and some of us would love to see them perform again.

LooseAtTheZoo
07-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Courtney Love is pretty talented...

At having people killed.;)

menikmati
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
It's also pretty well knowns that Kurt and Courtney would influence eachother. Heart Shaped Box and Pennyroyal Tea?

So by your logic we can assume Courtney wrote some Nirvana albums? We know that they collaborated so why discredit an entire work based on one song you are citing?

You shouldn't make assumptions. The fact is they were married. They worked a lot together on music but to take away all the writing credit from her for Live through This is a huge stretch and certainly nothing either side can prove.

The fact is, it's a great album and some of us would love to see them perform again.

You don't get it (which of course is no surprise). No one said anything (at least not I) about neither of them influencing each other. That's not the argument. Being influenced and actually writing the song are two different things, so why you try to make some retarded counter point that Courtney must have wrote In Utero then, is beyond me...makes no sense in this argument (or any other).

faxman75
07-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I get it.

You have come into this thread saying it's not a stretch to assume Kurt wrote all of Live Through This and Eric Erlandson has no interest.

It's pretty clear that YOU don't get it. You continue to state opinions as fact. We get it. You miss Kurt. That doesn't make you an expert on Hole.

Seriously, lets do this one at a time. Where did you hear that Eric Erlanson had no interest? Source? Link? Anything?

Your first post in this thread said "move on" and "forget about Courtney Love".

So why are you still in this thread spouting off unsubstantiated claims?

luckyface
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Here (http://www.spin.com/articles/qa-holes-eric-erlandson) is an article where Eric says he was never even asked to be in the new Hole. And Love can't use the Hole moniker unless he is involved. Interesting.

faxman75
07-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes, welcome to last page where I quoted his reply.

She didn't approach you or give you a call about possibly joining back up to do something?
No. There was no call, nothing, I just heard about it from somebody. Somebody told me and it just sounds like something -- it just sounds like the usual. I love her a lot and I wish her the best, and I'm open to discussions regarding the real Hole, and if she has a solo album together, I think that's great. I think she should finish it and put it out and do that.

Read the whole interview.

He has fond memories of hole. It's part of his life. He laughs alot in the interview.

Now I can see things a lot clearer, acknowledge my part in things that went wrong, and also see the good stuff. We had a lot of fun, and I was really lucky.

And so when Melissa left the band at the end of '99, it just didn't work anymore.

Laughs] The good stuff? The last highlight was playing Glastonbury. That was probably our last big blowout show. We actually flew with Michael Stipe in a helicopter from London over the farmlands of Glastonbury and landed there. So that was quite an experience.

Certainly doesn't sound like he's opposed to it. Against it or any reason to forget about it.

I see nothing that says Eric has no interest in this. Sounds like Courtney has already talked to Melissa who may be on board and once that happens it sets the stage for the reunion. These things all start somewhere and not ONE of these people has said the word NO or absolutely not.

Everyone sounds open to it so far and that's the fact. Unless Menik was doing more than playing the role of the wet blanket and actually has some sources that show Melissa and Eric are not interested at all.

I'll wait and see, for now Menik is just stirring up shit because he doesn't like Courtney.

JebusLives
07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Hum. even B.C. had the courtesy to ask the original members to return. 90s divas are a special breed.

Fax, reading that, it sure sounds to me like he's been intentionally snubbed.

faxman75
07-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Hum. even B.C. had the courtesy to ask the original members to return. 90s divas are a special breed.

Fax, reading that, it sure sounds to me like he's been intentionally snubbed.

Snubbed? There's a contract as he points out and they don't hate eachother. I don't see her touring as Hole and all of the sudden deciding to go through some court battle for no aparently reason.

All indications as I have said are everyone is open to it.

menikmati
07-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Go ahead, believe that Hole is gonna reform with Eric....when it doesn't happen, remember this.

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 03:36 PM
aww look, the biggest loser on the boards is still unoriginal, upset and bitter...
unoriginal? i didn't realize i had to call you a different nickname every time i call you out for being a cunt...
upset? over what, you hating the fact that i have aliases, or the fact that anyone who logs in here from our work is accused by you of being a nbvwes alias?
bitter? haha, well there's the pot calling the kettle ******..

*EDIT: who the fuck ever went to a Hole show to see Eric?? that's the same logic of people who hate the new pumpkins because D'arcy & James aren't involved... they didn't contribute much, and didn't do most of the writing or even recording when they were in the band (post-Gish)... Jimmy & Billy are the real musical force in the band, and there wasn't much of a difference between the Love solo album and Celebrity Skin, which further proves that Cobain must have had quite an influence as after he died, the quality of the work took a nose-dive.. (although the stuff she did pre-Kurt was amazing, i especially like Retard Girl; Teenage Whore ain't bad either)

menikmati
07-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Snubbed? There's a contract as he points out and they don't hate eachother. I don't see her touring as Hole and all of the sudden deciding to go through some court battle for no aparently reason.

All indications as I have said are everyone is open to it.

Again, you don't get it, and you never stop.

chairmenmeow47
07-13-2009, 03:39 PM

wtf?!

menikmati
07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
no one is discrediting anything... i was posting in regards to people who were saying Billy Corgan wrote a Hole album, i was simply debating them by bringing up the Cobain situation... i don't give a shit who writes what. if you could read you'd know i actually support a Hole reunion.
Christ, you're a fucking idiot....and sarcasm doesn't come to you very well.

unoriginal? i didn't realize i had to call you a different nickname every time i call you out for being a cunt...

upset? over what, you hating the fact that i have aliases from years ago, or the fact that anyone who logs in here from our work is accused by you of being a nbvwes alias?

You're calling me out? Please...you use like 4 different aliases, tell people under one name you're never posting on the board again, then sign in under other names and post in the SAME thread and hold conversations with yourself. Get a life, please. On top of that, you make fake Paul T aliases, I call you out on it, and then you get butthurt and cry and make up more menik-related emails and names to post with....again get a life.

faxman75
07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Go ahead, believe that Hole is gonna reform with Eric....when it doesn't happen, remember this.

You flat out lied or were misinformed and said Eric from hole stated somewhere he had no interest in this.

That was completely false. You won't even own up to it, that's how pathetic you are. At least when i'm wrong I admit it and take shit for it. Here you are wanting me to remember it as if it were a prediction you were making.

Not the case. You were misinformed and are so stubborn you can't even own up to it. So i'll remember this thread as yet another one where you talked shit and were wrong. :)

faxman75
07-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Again, you don't get it, and you never stop.

still waiting......still wondering why you are posting here as well. You don't like Hole. Go be a wet blanket elsewhere. There is nothing to stop, it's a thread about Hole. You cry about me but keep posting here. What sense does that make?

Stop posting until you actually have content to contribute other than being a wet blanket!

stinkbutt
07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.bubblegoose.com/Poop/poop_06-23-2003.JPG

chairmenmeow47
07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
knowing the history behind the paul t aliases is kind of nice to know though. out the rest of nbvwes' aliases, menik!

and gross. not as gross as courtney love's hole though.

menikmati
07-13-2009, 03:57 PM
knowing the history behind the paul t aliases is kind of nice to know though. out the rest of nbvwes' aliases, menik!

and gross. not as gross as courtney love's hole though.

It'd be a long list, but here's a few:

Nvbwes
Xenocide
TheDarkSide
Paul T
Brit to the Knee or something
Plurallovermyface or something

and to just show you how creepy (obsessive?) and weird he is, here are a couple more with the emails he used to register with:

bananapiratez (menikcansuckadick@yahoo.com)
psychoticfriend (menikcu2thent@yahoo.com)

chairmenmeow47
07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
xenocide eh? never would have known.

JebusLives
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
there wasn't much of a difference between the Love solo album and Celebrity Skin, which further proves that Cobain must have had quite an influence as after he died, the quality of the work took a nose-dive..

The quality of Pearl Jam also dropped around the same time. RHCP too. As did music in general... damn, that Cobain was prolific!

She changed styles because 5 years has passed, and grunge was over.

and to just show you how creepy (obsessive?) and weird he is, here are a couple more with the emails he used to register with:

bananapiratez (menikcansuckadick@yahoo.com)
psychoticfriend (menikcu2thent@yahoo.com)

Woah, did you guys used to fuck or something?

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 04:24 PM

DUH!!! i'm the one who first named all my aliases!!!
i've never hidden behind my aliases, and everyone who cares to read already knows who my aliases are, it's in multiple threads.. i don't care if people know my aliases, it's kinda pointless if they don't, since all my aliases are used solely for comedic effect.

yes. i posted one post once as "Paul T.", it was a fake lineup, big whoop. -USER DELETED
yes, the Britney Spears user is an alias too... SHOCKING, i know.
yes, Psycotic Fiend was hilarious for about the five minutes the thread existed for... -USER DELETED

Darkside and Plurface aren't even me, and neither are two others Menik has claimed to be me in the past... Mike is one, & Michele is the other. I'm pretty sure Teri & others have posted on this board too, so i'm sure Menik thinks they're aliases of mine too... Anyone who has ever posted on this board from our work is automatically an NBVWES alias simply because i was the first and have admitted to having aliases haha... & except for Xenocide, all my aliases came after Menik started being a cunt about it. and yes, any future aliases will ALL be registered with variations of Menik's name and the word cunt, because you just can't change what people are.

because Menik likes to rewrite history, let me ONCE AGAIN establish all current aliases of mine:
nbvwes - ME, not an alias (registered '07)
Xencide - a fucking ALIAS avatar people (registered '08)
Grimlock - naw, people thought that the poster REALLY was a talking robot dinosaur... (registered '09)

& Brit_to_the_knee - haven't even used this one in forever... a Britney Spears alias, duh.

in case anyone hasn't noticed, all i do is create one new username each year when i start going on the board around Coachella time... with the exceptions of one-off aliases used for fake lineups, etc that are used once or twice and never used again (like the fake 'daftradioheadpunk')...

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Woah, did you guys used to fuck or something?

yup, menik knows how to suck a dick like no man!

he's obviously my biggest fan too, as he's constantly giving me the credit for the somewhat funny shit posted by my 'hundreds' of aliases... it is somewhat funny that although a large percentage of people on this board have aliases, it's only the obvious ones that people admit to that piss Menik off...lol

he REALLY took exception to the whole fake 'daftradioheadpunk' punk thing, which makes me think the real 'daftradioheadpunk' who leaked coachella info may, in fact, been a moderator after all...hmm He also started crushing on me hardcore after i called him a cunt the first time, he took to it so well, i've been calling him one ever since... he seems to enjoy it.

although, i still think it's because i pissed off so many people with the 'ryan seacrest' lineup that got taken as the real thing by WAAAY too many people.. but then again when it started spreading around in ways it wasn't supposed to, i tried to bury it on the page 2 of the board, only for the mods to admonish me for bumping old threads in an attempt to bury my own thread... gay.

shakermaker113
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
dear lord. I don't want a hole reunion just so I don't have to put up with all the BS arguments.

faxman75
07-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I wish Menik would have read the first sentence of my first post. None of this would have happened if the haters didn't come around.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-13-2009, 05:18 PM
jesus....what the fack happened in this thread?

anyways...I kind of like the idea of a Hole reunion just to hear live through this...but
1. I doubt Courtney can perform like she did in 1994 anymore
2. It really would be a trainwreck of a performance..

SoulDischarge
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
This thread is about as entertaining as Courtney Love after rehab.

shakermaker113
07-13-2009, 05:35 PM
hmm. better get amy winehouse to open.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-13-2009, 05:40 PM
hmm. better get amy winehouse to open.

Win.

Grimlock
07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
jeez, another alias banned after one post...

ban me all you want, but removing nbvwes' avatar CROSSED THE LINE!!!!!!

hey people, "rude comments" are not reason enough to report posts. over 50% of the posts here are rude.

report NSFW, threats or racial slurs.. spamming. stuff like that. thanks

JebusLives
07-13-2009, 05:48 PM
jesus, i'm sick of talking about your fucking personality disorder. shhh!

Does Courtney put on trainwreck shows? I've only seen her once with Hole, and they were solid if I recall (it was 1998, one of my first concerts). I know she has a trainwreck personality, but I assumed she was professional on stage.

Xenocide
07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
HEY! that's MULTIPLE personality disorder...

get it right!

faxman75
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
jesus, i'm sick of talking about your fucking personality disorder. shhh!

Does Courtney put on trainwreck shows? I've only seen her once with Hole, and they were solid if I recall (it was 1998, one of my first concerts). I know she has a trainwreck personality, but I assumed she was professional on stage.

I saw her several times when she toured for live through this. A club show in 1994, subheadlining Lollapalooza 1995 and opening for Nine Inch Nails. All were incredible shows. When she opened for nails she ended the set in a disturbing manner. The band left the stage while she slumped down with her back against the amps as distortion just played moaning Kurt's name in agony though it sounded like mock orgasms.

I like it when they sing together.

3_5mTTEF0qQ

tlu8xORIV8Q

M Sparks
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
1. I doubt Courtney can perform like she did in 1994 anymore
2. It really would be a trainwreck of a performance..

This is really the key to this whole pissing match. It shouldn't matter if you believe they could get back together or not...just whether or not you would want to see it.

Fax...bless your faith, but if I was lucky enough to have seen them at their peak, I'd rather just have the good memories. I can't imagine how this could end well.

faxman75
01-05-2010, 01:37 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/05/courtney-love-plugs-holes-in-bands-lineup-announces-live-show-in-london/

Having recently lived through this (and this and this), former reigning diva of grunge Courtney Love is now geared to shed her celebrity-trainwreck skin and hit Europe next month for a handful of live shows performed with a whole new Hole.

As reported by Prefix, Hole’s upcoming album, Nobody’s Daughter, will be released sometime in early 2010. A very undetailed website that goes by the name of the album has emerged, announcing tickets for three February gigs in London, Milan and Amsterdam.

The website features a graphic of a shattered glass slipper (in keeping with Love’s love of all things perverted fairy tale-ish) but no mention of the band’s name. Hole co-founder and former guitarist Eric Erlandson has hinted since the summer that Love could not form a band under the Hole moniker without his agreement.

New members of Hole-or-whatever include Larrikin Love guitarist Micko Larkin, bassist Shawn Dailey (maybe or maybe not this one?), and drummer Stu Fischer, according to Prefix.

sonofhal
01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
London gig going on sale Fri. Anyone want a ticket to a car crash?

karecares
01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
i have always been a courtney fan, even solo. i saw her in 03 for america's sweetheart in nyc the day after the mic incident and again 07 when the first version of nobody's daughter was being tried out. i liked most of the rehab demos from 06/07. back in the day when i was on kittyradio's forum (her old fan board) erik would answer question from us (it was determined it was really him & ms love used to post herself, however unreadable it was) up until i'd say 05/06 he stated he had no interest in reuniting hole and did always say that the group name was not only hers to do what she chose with it.

i'm hoping for some la shows :)

hendrixfan143
01-05-2010, 10:33 PM
hole

TallGuyCM
01-05-2010, 10:36 PM
If they play Malibu, it's definitely not a car crash.

karecares
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
hehe car crash was a song that she had on her myspace page a year or so ago. used to be on youtube too. i liked it ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExjpXsabm10

JustSteve
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
i reunited with a hole last night

http://morefamilyguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/448062024_5806e1c7b4.jpg