PDA

View Full Version : Mazzy Star for Coachella 2010

Amneeziac
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Here's why.

[Hope Sandoval] and the Warm Inventions will tour North America and Europe later in the year.
This means that they'll take a break early next year from touring, or finish touring by the end of this year.

A press release also mentions that Sandoval has recorded a guest vocal for a forthcoming Massive Attack album.
Massive Attack have confirmed they're going on a world tour soon, playing U.S. festivals "next spring." It is not unusual for them to travel with the singers from their albums, like Thievery Corporation. Sandoval performing with them would be not too unexpected if she's on their new album.

Also, Sandoval promises something nobody expected: A new Mazzy Star album. Says Sandoval: "It's almost finished, but when it will be coming out, I don't know."
A new Mazzy Star album almost finished means it could easily be out by Spring/Summer 2010, and Coachella would be a perfect place for them to reunite after a 13-year hiatus.

uiEouyRrWII

Boourns
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Massive Attack, Mazzy Star, Asobi Seksu all on the same day would be absolutely legendary.

Duvel
07-08-2009, 10:44 PM
would love this......

Amneeziac
07-13-2009, 04:31 AM
The more Mazzy Star I listen to, the more I can see this perfectly at Coachella. Their influence in modern music goes completely unrecognized and it's a shame. It'd be nice for Coachella to give them a great slot and have a lot of people see them.

fatbastard
07-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Fade into....NO

PulpNextYear
07-13-2009, 05:24 AM
perfect band for sunset on the second stage