PDA

View Full Version : FRESH SQUEEZED FESTIVAL '09 - THIS SATURDAY, JULY 11TH!!!

Austin_Edwards
07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
http://www.gofreshyourself.com/freshsqueezed/images/FS09bbcoach.jpg (http://fla.vor.us/wafform.aspx?_act=eventview&_pky=60291)

www.freshsqueezedfestival.com (http://www.freshsqueezedfestival.com)

Wheres the beef?
07-06-2009, 05:53 PM
DELETE

TallGuyCM
07-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Oooh! A festival in Whittier! I've always wanted to go to one of those!

unitedwestand
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
best thread ever

mattpach
07-06-2009, 10:39 PM

:lool

SDsoldier7
07-07-2009, 05:51 PM
this line up sucks, and the name of the party sucks harder

JelloPuddingChat
07-08-2009, 01:42 AM

Hey, whittier can be cool! We have that cool bike trail...yeah, take that.

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Why are you guys always so negative about our events here? Seriously, this is the ONLY place on the internet, where we post event info, that people bash our shows... what exactly is it, that drives people here to hate on our events? Is it just the "cool" thing to do... or is it just because electronic dance music isn't your thing... or what?

funny thing is, despite how much people here say it's going to suck, the people that DO attend our events consistently say how much they loved it, how much fun they had, that they had the time of their lives, that they can't wait for our next event, etc...
...and every show we throw pulls a bigger and better crowd because of that!!! Our last event sold-out w/ over 7,000 people in attendance! Fact is, the people that go to our events DO have a great time! They wouldn't keep coming back if they didn't...

what's wrong with having a festival like this in Whittier?

this line up sucks, and the name of the party sucks harder

what sucks about the line-up? what would you consider a good line-up?

...and why do you think the name of the event sucks harder?

TallGuyCM
07-08-2009, 02:23 AM
what's wrong with having a festival like this in Whittier?

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

WhyTheLongFace
07-08-2009, 02:32 AM
funny thing is, despite how much people here say it's going to suck, the people that DO attend our events consistently say how much they loved it, how much fun they had, that they had the time of their lives, that they can't wait for our next event, etc...

1) There's nothing really funny about that so I don't know why you put "funny thing is". I don't see the humor.
2) Have you tried Ecstasy? It could make swimming in rubbing alcohol enjoyable.

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 02:43 AM
If you have to ask, you'll never know.

in other words, you don't have an answer...

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 04:02 AM
1) There's nothing really funny about that so I don't know why you put "funny thing is". I don't see the humor.
2) Have you tried Ecstasy? It could make swimming in rubbing alcohol enjoyable.

1) It's a figure of speech... but I do think it's funny when people act like they know everything, just to be cool, and it turns out they're wrong!
2) If ecstasy is so enjoyable, why not just stay at home and bathe in rubbing alcohol then. People take drugs, regardless of what type of music is being played, at EVERY music festival. People don't have a great time at our events just because they're on drugs. They have a great time, because they're positive people out to have a great time at a great event, dancing the night away to music they love!

If you like electronic dance music and you think you'd have fun at this kind of event, then go and you WILL have fun...If you don't like electronic dance music (or if you don't like the acts we booked) and this isn't the kind of event you think you'd have fun at, then don't go. We don't want people to come if they're just going to be negative and complain and not even try to have a good time. I completely understand that not everyone likes the kind of music played by the acts we book for our shows, but a lot of other people do. To tell you the truth, I don't like 99% of the bands that most people here are into, but I wouldn't say they suck! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and people should respect that... the world would be pretty boring if everyone liked the same exact things... I just don't think it's fair to say a show is going to suck just because it's not the kind of music you like! That whole "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" attitude is just weak...

SDsoldier7
07-08-2009, 08:49 AM

first off, sorry for bashing on your fest. i didnt think you would take it personal.

ok, the name of the party, "Fresh Squeezed", wtf is it reffering to? if squeezed is reffering to music, then, its still weak sauce. the party would be way more fresh if you just called it "Fresh".

as far as the line up, well, damn. where should i start? how much was the budget for the line up, $500? i think it would have been more sick to bring in a bunch of your local djs, and have a few solid headliners.

i would go to fresh squeezed if the line up looked like this:

LCD Soundsytem
Diplo
Aphex Twin
Bassnectar
The Bloody Beatroots
Trv$ n DJAM
Friendly Fires
Miguel Migs
Plump DJs
Wax Tailor
Chase and Status
Mark Farina
etc, etc.....

If you are going to promote a festival on here, and it isnt "fresh", you will get bashed on. Have you seen the EDM acts that have played at coachella? You cannont lie to this message board, we are music fiends i tell you. Im thankful that this is the only place on the net where your fest gets dogged on. There is so much BS out there, this is one of the few places on the net where you can truly find the fresh shit!

i also just read that you dont like 99% of the bands that people like on here. and your surprised people on this board bash on your fest? you probably havent heard 100% of the bands discussed on here.

Donaldj
07-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Why are you guys always so negative about our events here? Seriously, this is the ONLY place on the internet, where we post event info, that people bash our shows... what exactly is it, that drives people here to hate on our events? Is it just the "cool" thing to do... or is it just because electronic dance music isn't your thing... or what?

I waited in line for almost 4 hours at Winterfresh 07. That was my first and last party of your's. I was very put off.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
2) If ecstasy is so enjoyable, why not just stay at home and bathe in rubbing alcohol then.

sounds like a plan!

reverb
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
i'm still trying to figure out why the pico rivera sports arena is in whittier, and not pico rivera.....and for that matter why east l.a. college is in montery park and not ela.

what gives?

psychic friend
07-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Why are you guys always so negative about our events here?

Because you come here to spam your events. This is a board of people who read and or post or lurk regularly. You come, you spam, you leave. That is rude. Of course you will be received negatively. On top of that you didnt even bother to post your "festival" in the festival thread. I had to move it there for you. You lazy ass. We created a FESTIVAL thread for people to discuss festivals. But nooooo. You were too cool to post in there. And now you want to complain about why WE are so negative? hahaha..

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I think they are refering to the quality of the artists that you have booked. The techno heads on this forum are older and know what they like. You will have much better luck posting on highschool forums etc. Ive been into the scene for a long ass time, and there isnt one act i want to see at your festival. I am sure if i went took a bunch of drugs and hooked up with some hot sluts i would leave the show thinking i had a great time, however i only goto electronic music shows to see music i like and you have none.

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
first off, sorry for bashing on your fest. i didnt think you would take it personal.

ok, the name of the party, "Fresh Squeezed", wtf is it reffering to? if squeezed is reffering to music, then, its still weak sauce. the party would be way more fresh if you just called it "Fresh".

as far as the line up, well, damn. where should i start? how much was the budget for the line up, $500? i think it would have been more sick to bring in a bunch of your local djs, and have a few solid headliners.

i would go to fresh squeezed if the line up looked like this:

LCD Soundsytem
Diplo
Aphex Twin
Bassnectar
The Bloody Beatroots
Trv$ n DJAM
Friendly Fires
Miguel Migs
Plump DJs
Wax Tailor
Chase and Status
Mark Farina
etc, etc.....

If you are going to promote a festival on here, and it isnt "fresh", you will get bashed on. Have you seen the EDM acts that have played at coachella? You cannont lie to this message board, we are music fiends i tell you. Im thankful that this is the only place on the net where your fest gets dogged on. There is so much BS out there, this is one of the few places on the net where you can truly find the fresh shit!

i also just read that you dont like 99% of the bands that people like on here. and your surprised people on this board bash on your fest? you probably havent heard 100% of the bands discussed on here.

thank you for your response... and trust me, i don't take it personal...

ok, so the name of the party? well, obviously our company name is Fresh L.A. Entertainment which is why "fresh" is in the name of all our events. we throw three events a year... our anniversary event "Fresh Anniversary" which is a spring-time themed event, "Winterfresh" which is a winter/x-mas themed event and this one, "Fresh Squeezed", which is a citrus/summer themed event with citrus themed props & decorations and our annual tradition of giving out thousands of pounds of free oranges... really though, does the name of an event matter that much? i mean, come on.. Coachella is called the "Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival", right? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's definately not anything special about it... i dunno, i do think it's nice to have an event name that stands out and is appropriate for the event, but as long as you like the music being played, the production of the event itself is top-notch and the crowd that attends is there to dance their ass off and just have a great time, it really shouldn't make a difference what the event is called or even where it is for that matter!

as far as the budget and line-up goes? wow, $500? seriously? our budget for this show is easily 300x that... $500 would barely cover my own booking fees (if i wasnt part of the crew) and i'm a local. i'm not your typical local, but still a local... we have 8 Int'l DJ's for this show and none of them are cheap... they may not be your personal cup of tea, but they ARE all solid acts in the EDM scene... there's only one other local production crew in socal that would even consider spending the amount of money we do for the size show we put on. we don't throw massives. we usually throw events with average attendance of around 5k people... at $40/ ticket that hardly covers our expenses as it is... there's no way we could afford some of the acts you named. unfortunately we don't have the massive budget that coachella does, but we do the best with what we have... and we do try to bring out the freshest talent we can, that either hasnt been seen here before, hasnt been seen here for a long time or are up and coming acts (Daniel Kandi for one has never even played in the U.S.)... if we've booked someone that doesnt fall into one of those categories, it's by popular demand, because people ask us to book them.... and as far as the line-up you stated you'd like to see, well chances are you wouldnt see most of them at our events for several reasons. without going into detail about each and every one of them i'll just say this... some of them we honestly couldnt afford, others may be great entertainers, but they aren't the kind of acts that will get our crowds dancing their asses off all night long, others, in my personal opinion, aren't fresh at all, but i've been in this scene for a long time so they may be fresh to you. There are a couple in there that i'd also like to see though, so i'll give you that... and i do thank you very much for your input! I can certainly respect your opinion! I don't make the decisions regarding our line-ups, but I will pass your feedback along to the person that does and hopefully it will be taken into consideration for our future events!

I kinda figured, when I posted the event here, that it would probably take a beating, primarily because coachella fans aren't huge on EDM, but also because I've read these boards and frankly, while I'm sure many of you DO in fact know your shit when it comes to music, it seems to me that there's also a lot of people here that just have that "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" attitude... so yeah, I was just kinda curious why people here are so quick to hate on our events... and if it was just for those reasons or something else...

Like I said before we couldn't possibly afford to book some of the EDM acts that coachella does, but I have to hold my ground and respectfully disagree with you saying our events aren't "fresh". They may not be as fresh as you'd like, but they are the freshest we can do with the budget we have for the size of events we throw... it's really NOT as easy as people seem to think, to get exactly who we want to play, for a cost within our budget, on the date of our event, that will work with the rest of the line-up for the show. For this event in particular, there was actually quite a few artists we wanted to get, but we just couldn't get to work for one reason or another!

...and you're right, I have not heard 100% of the bands that people discuss on here. I probably haven't even heard 50% of them, lol... it's just not my thing... I prefer the sound of electronic music over the sound of the traditional bands (drummer, bass guitar, lead guitar, rythym guitar and singers). I don't really like the sound of the guitar, I don't much care for the sound of the human voice and I don't want to be influenced by lyrics that are depressing, make no sense to me or I just can't relate to... but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to my own opinion, just like you're all entitled to yours... I don't think it's too much too ask that we all respect each others difference of opinion... music is amazing and we should all be able to listen to the music we like without other people bashing it, otherwise we're no different than the people who once tried to ban rock n' roll saying it was the "devils work", ya know what i mean? lol...

Anyways, again, like I said before, if you don't like electronic dance music (or if you don't like the acts we booked) or this just isn't the kind of event you think you'd have fun at, then don't go. If you like electronic dance music and you think you'd have fun at this kind of event, then go and i promise you WILL have fun!!!

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
1) It's a figure of speech... but I do think it's funny when people act like they know everything, just to be cool, and it turns out they're wrong!
2) If ecstasy is so enjoyable, why not just stay at home and bathe in rubbing alcohol then. People take drugs, regardless of what type of music is being played, at EVERY music festival. People don't have a great time at our events just because they're on drugs. They have a great time, because they're positive people out to have a great time at a great event, dancing the night away to music they love!

If you like electronic dance music and you think you'd have fun at this kind of event, then go and you WILL have fun...If you don't like electronic dance music (or if you don't like the acts we booked) and this isn't the kind of event you think you'd have fun at, then don't go. We don't want people to come if they're just going to be negative and complain and not even try to have a good time. I completely understand that not everyone likes the kind of music played by the acts we book for our shows, but a lot of other people do. To tell you the truth, I don't like 99% of the bands that most people here are into, but I wouldn't say they suck! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and people should respect that... the world would be pretty boring if everyone liked the same exact things... I just don't think it's fair to say a show is going to suck just because it's not the kind of music you like! That whole "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" attitude is just weak...

Dude your events suck, that is why people talk shit. Look at all the line up thrown by other promotion companys in and around LA. I mean jujubeats has Bassnectar, Z-Trip, Mark Farina, Glitch Mob, Heather and Doc Martin just to name a few and you have Micky Finn & Shabba D, Twisted Individual, local D'n'B dj's and a bunch of shit i have never heard nor do i want to hear. The only thing i suggest doing is to compare the line ups you guys have to the line ups of all the other partys around.

Young blood
07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
This festival can be lumped in with the HARD and nocturnal promoted festivals. If this festival had one decent headliner the PLURassholes would be rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line.

Young blood
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Wait.....will there be hookers at this event?

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Because you come here to spam your events. This is a board of people who read and or post or lurk regularly. You come, you spam, you leave. That is rude. Of course you will be received negatively. On top of that you didnt even bother to post your "festival" in the festival thread. I had to move it there for you. You lazy ass. We created a FESTIVAL thread for people to discuss festivals. But nooooo. You were too cool to post in there. And now you want to complain about why WE are so negative? hahaha..

wow, seriously?... forgive me for not being familiar with the boards and where I should have posted my thread. my bad!

it was not my intention to "spam" your boards. i thought this was a place where music lovers post and discuss music and musical events.... my intention was to inform people of this event and encourage people who might have fun at this type of event to go... does my last post look like i only mean to "come, spam and leave"? geezuz....

...and i never meant to "complain" about why people are so negative, only to better understand WHY people are so negative, but you're post made it painfully clear that people here are just plain negative for the sake of being negative

i'm sorry, but calling me "rude", a "lazy ass" and "too cool" was completely uncalled for...

It seems to me there's just a lot of unhappy people here. Why anyone living a happy life would even bother wasting their time to come on here posting negative thoughts about me and this event is beyond me... sounds like a lot of you could really use an event like this to just let go, forget about whatever it is that's making you so unhappy and just have FUN for a night!!!

PlayaDelWes
07-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Items not allowed: Sitting on the dance floor, Weapons, Markers, Outside Alcohol, Drugs of Any Kind, Negative Energy and Clown Attire

What do you have against clowns?

Young blood
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Crumpin is serious biz.

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
clown attire not allowed at a rave? now i've seen everything!

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
sounds like a lot of you could really use an event like this to just let go, forget about whatever it is that's making you so unhappy and just have FUN for a night!!!

We go to a lot events kinda like this one, the main difference is the ones we choose to go to have djs that are worth seeing. Like i said compare your line up to all the other line ups posted on here.

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 04:35 PM
If you booked me, you would get more coachella boardies to come than what you have on your lineup, and i wouldnt charge you as much :P
Ill tell you what, if you get me on the comp list i will go, and then come back here and give an "honest" review of your festival.

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Dude your events suck, that is why people talk shit. Look at all the line up thrown by other promotion companys in and around LA. I mean jujubeats has Bassnectar, Z-Trip, Mark Farina, Glitch Mob, Heather and Doc Martin just to name a few and you have Micky Finn & Shabba D, Twisted Individual, local D'n'B dj's and a bunch of shit i have never heard nor do i want to hear. The only thing i suggest doing is to compare the line ups you guys have to the line ups of all the other partys around.

Dude, our events don't suck! You can't say our events suck just because you don't like the talent we booked! That would be like me saying coachella sucks, just because I'm not into most of the acts they book! You can say you don't like the artists we booked, but saying our events suck just because you don't like the dj's we booked is just more of that lame "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" shit... and I've seen most of the artists you named and I wouldn't want to see any of them again, but that's my opinion!

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 04:42 PM
This festival can be lumped in with the HARD and nocturnal promoted festivals. If this festival had one decent headliner the PLURassholes would be rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line.

lol, the PLURassholes ARE rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line... by the THOUSANDS... just not the ones on this board!!!

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Dude, our events don't suck! You can't say our events suck just because you don't like the talent we booked! That would be like me saying coachella sucks, just because I'm not into most of the acts they book! You can say you don't like the artists we booked, but saying our events suck just because you don't like the dj's we booked is just more of that lame "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" shit... and I've seen most of the artists you named and I wouldn't want to see any of them again, but that's my opinion!

You saying that about Mark Farina & Z-Trip just proves that you have no business being involved in promoting.

PS: Your festival goers are all most likely 13-17 year old e-tards that are probably even stuck in k-holes & 25-30 year old guys just trying to get some tight stuff on drugs.

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 04:53 PM
If you booked me, you would get more coachella boardies to come than what you have on your lineup, and i wouldnt charge you as much :P
Ill tell you what, if you get me on the comp list i will go, and then come back here and give an "honest" review of your festival.

lol, what makes you so sure you aren't just another dj that isn't worth seeing... and wouldn't just make our event "suck" even more according to all the other people here...just because people here arent into the music you play, lol

actually if i thought there was a chance in hell that someone here would give a truely unbiased and "honest" review, i might be willing to see what i can do... but i'm pretty damn sure that wouldn't happen... and i'm REALLY starting to think that our event is probably better off without all the negative vibes the people here would bring... our events do VERY well, without the support of the coachella boards

WhyTheLongFace
07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Dude, our events don't suck! You can't say our events suck just because you don't like the talent we booked!

What? Then when can I? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
lol, the PLURassholes ARE rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line... by the THOUSANDS... just not the ones on this board!!!

There isnt anyone from this board going though. I offered to be the one to check it out, but i am a techno snob, and probably wont be impressed.

Young blood
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
freshly squeezed Pedofest

chairmenmeow47
07-08-2009, 04:58 PM
can we get further explanation on why clown attire isn't allowed? is this a new gang thing? is it referring specifically to clownshoes & baggy pants or is this more a moratorium on not looking silly in general?

Austin_Edwards
You saying that about Mark Farina & Z-Trip just proves that you have no business being involved in promoting.

PS: Your festival goers are all most likely 13-17 year old e-tards that are probably even stuck in k-holes & 25-30 year old guys just trying to get some tight stuff on drugs.

OMFG, ROFLMAO... do you even have the slightest clue about my history in the L.A. rave scene?

Mark Farina and Z-Trip are both very talented at what they do... but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to see them again... its my OPINION!

Distorted_Jungle
We are music snobs, you realize you are on the board of the festival that brought Daft Punk out for the first time in 6 years. The board for the festival that brought out Aphex Twin, Plump DJ's, Kraftwerk, Chemical Brothers among others.

Young blood
07-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Most underage kids are scared of clowns.

WhyTheLongFace
This event does give away free oranges. And who would turn down that? Sign me up

djandrews25
lol, what makes you so sure you aren't just another dj that isn't worth seeing... and wouldn't just make our event "suck" even more according to all the other people here...just because people here arent into the music you play, lol

actually if i thought there was a chance in hell that someone here would give a truely unbiased and "honest" review, i might be willing to see what i can do... but i'm pretty damn sure that wouldn't happen... and i'm REALLY starting to think that our event is probably better off without all the negative vibes the people here would bring... our events do VERY well, without the support of the coachella boards

I never said i was a dj worth seeing. I know what im doing and never said that your talent didnt, just simply said never heard of any of them, so how could i possibly be into them?

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 05:00 PM
There isnt anyone from this board going though. I offered to be the one to check it out, but i am a techno snob, and probably wont be impressed.

seee and even you are admittedly biased so why should i bother

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
OMFG, ROFLMAO... do you even have the slightest clue about my history in the L.A. rave scene?

Mark Farina and Z-Trip are both very talented at what they do... but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to see them again... its my OPINION!

never heard of you to tell you the truth, i hate trance in all forms but when you are throwing this party with Blutonium Boy and other promotion companys are getting giants like Donald Glaud and Paul Van Dyke you can't say that your party doesn't lack in talent.

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 05:02 PM
can we get further explanation on why clown attire isn't allowed? is this a new gang thing? is it referring specifically to clownshoes & baggy pants or is this more a moratorium on not looking silly in general?

lol, clowns are SCARRY...period!!!

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I didnt say i was biased, i said i was a snob. Big difference. It means i am not easily impressed when i go see djs. I hear when the mix comes off beat by 1/8 of a second, and it ruins my time when a dj sucks.

WhyTheLongFace
07-08-2009, 05:04 PM

We have a secret board? PF, where is it?:nono

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
never heard of you to tell you the truth, i hate trance in all forms but when you are throwing this party with Blutonium Boy and other promotion companys are getting giants like Donald Glaud and Paul Van Dyke you can't say that your party doesn't lack in talent.

Paul van Dyke has an exclusive with Insomniac if i'm not mistaken, but even if he didnt we couldnt afford to book him. WE DON"T THROW MASSIVES... and we don't have a massive budget... Donald Glaude is awesome of course, but he's played here a million times... you guys are complaining that our line-up isnt "fresh" and then you give me names of dj's like that

Austin_Edwards
07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I didnt say i was biased, i said i was a snob. Big difference. It means i am not easily impressed when i go see djs. I hear when the mix comes off beat by 1/8 of a second, and it ruins my time when a dj sucks.

well, then you are unqualified or i guess i should say over-qualified to give a review that would relate to the typical attendee

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I said i hate trance so i don't know many trance dj's, but your house line up is weak as fuck too. Bottom line is you booked a bunch of people that no one but drugged up kids care about, minus Micky Finn & Shabba D, and they probably don't know who the djs are but it sounds good on drugs so its ok.

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 05:13 PM
well, then you are unqualified or i guess i should say over-qualified to give a review that would relate to the typical attendee

I would say thats perfectly qualified for a review that actually matters, and what you said proves that all that goes to your event is people with no knowledge of real EDM.

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I would say thats perfectly qualified for a review that actually matters, and what you said proves that all that goes to your event is people with no knowledge of real EDM.

QFT

WhyTheLongFace
07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I hate to take the rave dudes side but that isn't qualified. That's like someone who has been a guitarist for 25 years writing a review on a rock show and complaining about 6 misplaced strings throughout the entire concert. I don't know how to play an instrument so I cant tell but I can tell if it sounds right to my ears.

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm not saying he should review it to that extent but it makes him a trustworthy opinion.

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
No, thats completely different. A dj's job is to make transitions seamless. If he cant even do that he cant do all the other things that make a dj talented. Step one is the most important and is unforgivable if someone cant do it. I understand when someone fucks up doing crazy scratches and tricks while beatmatching, cause its fucking hard as hell.

WhyTheLongFace
07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
When the mix comes off beat by 1/8 of a second I still have a good time and dont think the DJ is ruining the set, that's all I'm saying. And you being a DJ yourself of course you're gonna be more critical.

trancehiphop
07-08-2009, 05:39 PM
This thread is very interesting.

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I agree that it is more of a curse than a talent to have slips ruin sets for me.

Bud Luster
07-08-2009, 05:58 PM

Where the fuck is Rap/Rock Is Life when you need him?

Wheres the beef?
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM

...and every show we throw pulls a bigger and better crowd because of that!!! Our last event sold-out w/ over 7,000 people in attendance! Fact is, the people that go to our events DO have a great time! They wouldn't keep coming back if they didn't...

I'm mad because it's a thread started by a promoter. You're the same as the spam guy who creates an account to start threads about how to convert AVI/MPEG into IPOD video or BUY NIKE'S FOR PENNIES! thread guy.

If the thread was started by a regular user of the board, I would be less angry. But it's you. And it's a slippery slope. So I draw the line.

I think everyone here is pretty on top of music events. We don't need you to come in and advertise. I saw your flyers EVERYFUCKINGWHERE ON THE GROUND outside EDC and I know all my friends (who enjoy EDM and frequent this board) saw your flyers as well. We all know about Fresh Squeezed. If we were interested, we would be talking about it.

:2c

SDsoldier7
07-08-2009, 06:45 PM
^
truth be told. last paragraph especially. i cant believe u mentioned the "buy nike's for pennies" guy. rotfl. Nikes for pennies, lol.

Distorted_Jungle
07-08-2009, 06:59 PM
if you are looking for something to do this saturday though instead of going to this, i believe the best show available for you saturday is Adam Freeland/Drop the Lime at the Vanguard which is where i will be. Austin Edwards i suggest booking djs that are capable of doing what Adam Freeland does, which is fuckin KILL it every time you see him with seamless mixing.

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Ill be at the rancid show.

SDsoldier7
07-08-2009, 08:24 PM
im heading to deep this sunday to catch louie vega @ vanguard.

ELECtROjan
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
this is already my favorite thread....

Egull
07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
OMFG, ROFLMAO

Lol

Young blood
07-08-2009, 08:47 PM
You all are wrong. This is where you should be this weekend.

http://www.thebigartexperience.com

WhyTheLongFace
07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
UFC 100> Whatever you fucking Plurs are talking about

feather
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
you fucking Plurs

We have become an evolving species.

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
ah shit ufc 100 is that night?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-08-2009, 11:00 PM
lol did we scare away mr. plur?

herro kitty
07-08-2009, 11:37 PM
if you are looking for something to do this saturday though instead of going to this, i believe the best show available for you saturday is Adam Freeland/Drop the Lime at the Vanguard which is where i will be. Austin Edwards i suggest booking djs that are capable of doing what Adam Freeland does, which is fuckin KILL it every time you see him with seamless mixing.

Is this 21+?

djandrews25
07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
i believe the vanguard is 21+

WhyTheLongFace
07-09-2009, 02:57 AM
What day is it guys? http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/3ed158e385346173ce938ad259048c68ddd12e3.gif

Distorted_Jungle
07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
im heading to deep this sunday to catch louie vega @ vanguard.

make it back to back nights at the vanguard, Louis Vega is gonna kill it.

UFC 100> Whatever you fucking Plurs are talking about

Yup i will be watching that and then heading to the vanguard, the UFC event will end at 10:00 and that is when the doors open at vanguard so it works perfect.

Is this 21+?

Yeah vanguard is 21+

PlayaDelWes
07-09-2009, 09:32 AM

Cirque Bezerk (http://www.cirqueberzerk.com) is also an option for the weekend

Westy
07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I bet Cirque Bezerk allows clown attire.

PlayaDelWes
07-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I bet Cirque Bezerk allows clown attire.

It is encouraged

A hard and fast rule book chocked full of edicts pertaining to one's manner of attire while attending Cirque Berzerk does not exist. If the past is any guide, we've seen all sorts of characters enter the tent. Some dress casually, others treat it like a more formal date night. There are, however, those who like to dust off their corsets, top hats and other accouterments to make a complete retro spectacle of themselves. If you're feeling it, then by all means, please do.

djandrews25
07-09-2009, 09:58 AM
There has got to be issues with a party that is threatened by clowns that aren't carrying weapons.

chairmenmeow47
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
also, tone down the e-mails for this party. i've gotten at least three this week and i live in arizona.

djandrews25
07-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Thank god i never made it onto their mail list, Im already on so many worthless promoters' lists.

chairmenmeow47
07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
i think they were from different lists, but i don't remember. i don't even know how i get on these lists; it must be from buying tickets to massives.

djandrews25
07-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Some promoters share lists, which should be illegal. But ya, when you sign clipboards at parties or buy tickets online where they require an email it can suck.

chairmenmeow47
07-09-2009, 10:16 AM
meh, it doesn't really suck because every once in awhile i get an e-mail for something i haven't heard of since i don't go to regular events in the state & wouldn't get a flyer. it's just annoying when you get the same event over & over again.

djandrews25
07-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I guess because my hotmail account is just spammed full of advertisements i hate any spam that i didnt want to recieve.

Donaldj
07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I think it's funny he totally glossed over the fact that the reason I won't go any more was because of their awful crowd problems in 2007.

Wheres the beef?
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I think it's funny he totally glossed over the fact that the reason I won't go any more was because of their awful crowd problems in 2007.

Can you elaborate?

Bud Luster
07-09-2009, 07:31 PM

This does look fucking cool. May have to check it out. Haven't seen Dutch since the old CDC parties.

Donaldj
07-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Can you elaborate?

I waited in line from 7pm until nearly 11pm. They had some issues. Tons of cops and firemen showed up before they ever let us in.

Young blood
07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
This does look fucking cool. May have to check it out. Haven't seen Dutch since the old CDC parties.

if I lived close by I would be there in a heartbeat it sound really fun.

Distorted_Jungle
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM
if I lived close by I would be there in a heartbeat it sound really fun.

Yeah the only problem with that party is that it is in oakland and im in OC.

ELECtROjan
07-09-2009, 11:17 PM
WOW... this event is #1 on GrooveTickets right now

trancehiphop
07-10-2009, 12:01 AM
I waited in line from 7pm until nearly 11pm. They had some issues. Tons of cops and firemen showed up before they ever let us in.

Looks like the same problem I had when I went to EDC last year. I'm hearing that the enterance was FAR MORE easier this year. I wouldn't mind attending in the future if this is the case.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-10-2009, 12:45 AM
WOW... this event is #1 on GrooveTickets right now

:nono

Looks like the same problem I had when I went to EDC last year. I'm hearing that the enterance was FAR MORE easier this year. I wouldn't mind attending in the future if this is the case.

ya 2008 was a bitch
2009 i didnt even wait in a line!

Wheres the beef?
07-10-2009, 05:36 AM
I hated how even though there was no line they still made us do the zig zag through the barriers. It took 15 minutes just to get through that.

Distorted_Jungle
07-10-2009, 07:04 AM
At the main entrance on saturday it was still kind of a hassle to get in, took about 20 minutes but nowhere near as bad as last year.

But on the topic of fresh i think we made this guy mad enough to post a link to this thread on other forums, http://junglescene.com/forums/topic-2-185359-FRESH_SQUEEZED_FESTIVAL__MICKY_FINN_W_MC_SHABBA_MO RE_.html hahaha

djandrews25
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
lol

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2009, 09:37 AM

it was. believe me, i was stuck in that horrific line myself last year with no food!!! it was MUCH easier this year. i had e-mailed the promoter last year when i got back i was so pissed myself. but much more organized this year. i really just think last year they realized how big it had really gotten. they were used to the NOS and i remember those lines were NOTHING compared to now.

Bud Luster
07-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah the only problem with that party is that it is in oakland and im in OC.

too bad. It's is near downtown oakland too. Cheapest, most digusting, cracked out hookers ever. good times.

i was stuck in that horrific line myself last year with no food!!! it was MUCH easier this year. .

We just walked to the front last year. Kind of a dick move, but that shit was insane.

chairmenmeow47
07-10-2009, 09:53 AM
yeah, see i kept holding out & being good until ally finally went forward and since randy was my ride home & he was already in, i didn't want to leave ally's side. i was *this close* to just leaving. ally is what kept me in line <3

my friend who didn't cut at all took over 5 hours to get in. he had health issues too, so i ran to find him when he got in and got him some food.

SDsoldier7
07-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Most underage kids are scared of clowns.

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/cinema/2636/it-pic1.jpg

Westy
07-10-2009, 10:59 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll232/megjam6974/xzibit-likes-the-dog.jpg

Young blood
07-10-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.jschina.com.cn/gb/jschina/photo/node21606/images/00514722.jpg

Pedos Love Underage Ravers

SDsoldier7
07-10-2009, 12:38 PM
What do you have against clowns?

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Cinema/2636/clown1.jpg

ELECtROjan
07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
too soon?

http://i32.tinypic.com/2il0k5c.jpg

Wheres the beef?
07-10-2009, 09:43 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll232/megjam6974/xzibit-likes-the-dog.jpg

Very nice.

oftheheartofthesoul
07-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Don't talk about my babydaddy like that! Austin_Edwards I got your back, boo. I'll see you at Fresh Squeezed as long as we can make out in the parking lot first.

ELECtROjan
07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Don't talk about my babydaddy like that! Austin_Edwards I got your back, boo. I'll see you at Fresh Squeezed as long as we can make out in the parking lot first.

u do know the event was last night.....