PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con 2009

bleep
07-05-2009, 05:11 PM
yours truly is skipping work on Friday to attend the Mighty Boosh panel. and probably sneaking in on Saturday to madly attempt giving vampire Eric Northman, of True Blood fame, a face lick.

who else is going to this geeks fest? i'm both embarrassed and excited.

sbessiso
07-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm excited to finally get some "James Cameron's Avatar" footage instead of everyone just TALKING about how its going to change film forever, blah blah blah

herro kitty
07-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes! Nerd fans! I went to Anime Expo this weekend :) Are you going to cosplay?!

Alchemy
07-05-2009, 05:24 PM
yours truly is skipping work on Friday to attend the Mighty Boosh panel. and probably sneaking in on Saturday to madly attempt giving vampire Eric Northman, of True Blood fame, a face lick.

who else is going to this geeks fest? i'm both embarrassed and excited.

Mighty Boosh panel!?!? Announcement of a fourth season?

PassiveTheory
07-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, for the first time in 6 years, I won't be going at all, so have fun. ;___;

rage patton
07-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm excited to finally get some "James Cameron's Avatar" footage instead of everyone just TALKING about how its going to change film forever, blah blah blah

I thought M. Night Shamalan was doing Avatar? Its just being called "The Last Airbender." What does James Cameron have to do with it?

TallGuyCM
07-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I thought M. Night Shamalan was doing Avatar? Its just being called "The Last Airbender." What does James Cameron have to do with it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)

summerkid
07-05-2009, 05:31 PM
god damn it i wan to go. This is like the first time in 6 years i haven't gone and there is no way i can get a hold of any tickets.

bleep
Are you going to cosplay?!
no, had to look up what cosplay was btw. do you already have a costume in mind?

Mighty Boosh panel!?!? Announcement of a fourth season?
no clue. but crossing fingers for some official statement on one of these plans (taken from their myspace)

We really want to come back to the US & Aus again, its been ages since we were in either country, but what we're trying to figure out is how to squeeze more touring in with all the other boosh things we want to do next year like making a film, more telly shows and hopefully even an album.

rage patton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)

Ahhh... so James Cameron's has nothing to do with the Anime series. I was confused.

bleep
07-05-2009, 05:35 PM
god damn it i wan to go. This is like the first time in 6 years i haven't gone and there is no way i can get a hold of any tickets.
check your PM

ivankay
07-05-2009, 05:40 PM
After going last year for the first time, i wanna go every year. Have fun and take plenty of photographic evidence.

summerkid
07-05-2009, 06:05 PM
stupid ebay.

obzen
07-05-2009, 06:16 PM
My pops is going-he goes every year.

This time around,I've asked him score some Olivia Munn stuff,if possible,as well as J. Scott Campbell shit.

moomoo
07-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes! Nerd fans! I went to Anime Expo this weekend :) Are you going to cosplay?!

what the fuck! I was at AX on thurs and saturday. I honestly didn't expect anyone on the boards to be there.

I would love to go to comic con (ALWAYS have wanted to go) but looks like I've missed the mark... I'm broke as shit anywho.

PassiveTheory
07-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Last year was the first year I didn't go all 5 days and, honestly, the thing is just getting way too out of hand. The only way you can get in for the main panels is to camp out at 6am and have to sit through 5 other panels. It's fucking ridiculous at this point.

Still... Gonna miss it. *tear*

herro kitty
07-05-2009, 07:04 PM
What the fuck! I went Friday and today. We are not meant to be :( I bought this really cute lunch box shaped like a Pokeball for 5 bucks. I'm so happy.

Bleep, I can't believe you didn't know what cosplaying was! I'm not going, though. I've never been. I only focus on anime and manga anyway, so a huge thing like Comic Con would be over my head. The tickets always sell out so soon, too. Ridiculous!

Alchemy
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Where is Comic Con?

moomoo
07-05-2009, 07:23 PM
The only way you can get in for the main panels is to camp out at 6am and have to sit through 5 other panels. It's fucking ridiculous at this point.

blehg. that's why I like anime expo (although I don't really care for anime, at all.). everyone at AX is really chill and excited to meet you. it's always a fun time and kind of a low-key event.

besides...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/l337moomoo/DSCN6843-1.jpg

I FUCKING MET KEL MITCHELL. HE LOVES ORANGE SODA.

JustSteve
07-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Where is Comic Con?

A whale's vagina.

Alchemy
07-05-2009, 07:29 PM
A whale's vagina.

Oh really? I saw the Smashing Pumpkins play there in 2007 when they did that "reunion."

PassiveTheory
07-05-2009, 11:58 PM
A whale's vagina is just colloquial for San Diego.

NicoDread
07-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Huh... first time in 6 years I'm not going either, but that's mainly because i'm 5000 miles away.

I agree though, it has gotten ridiculously out of hand.

tessalasset
07-06-2009, 07:36 AM
twilight's gonna be there again on thursday. have fun with that.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
07-06-2009, 10:46 AM
i used to go every year, and had a table with my studio mates as well. This weill be the third year in a row i don't go though. i kinda miss it, but it is getting way out of control and is a bit overhwhelming now

PassiveTheory
07-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey, for any Amanda Palmer fans going (who should go see Neil Gaiman's panel too, regardless): RT @amandapalmer what was s'posed to be 1 benefit show @ #comiccon has turned into 3 signings, a naked drawing class, a perfume unveiling & a ninja uke gig.

prettydirtything
07-14-2009, 05:18 PM
damn... I used to tag along with friends who were super into Star Wars and all sorts of comic book nonsense. I entertained my self with limited edition comic-con Futurama and Simpsons Funko bobble heads. I tried to tell myself they were the bigger nerds....

My glow in the dark Bender bobble head is fucking awesome, and no one can tell me otherwise. Also, my pop-art Krusty.

http://www.whoblackpool.com/bmz_cache/3/388451467c57b4ac23b94cac90fde1c4.image.600x251.jpg

GrossMagic
07-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Free the Robots are playing at this. Really sick tunes

my video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5G0a9dYdyY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5G0a9dYdyY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Boourns
07-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Last year Kristin Kreuk did a signing and I didn't even find out about it until the night before. Lame.

TheWatcher
07-14-2009, 09:04 PM
blehg. that's why I like anime expo (although I don't really care for anime, at all.). everyone at AX is really chill and excited to meet you. it's always a fun time and kind of a low-key event.

besides...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/l337moomoo/DSCN6843-1.jpg

I FUCKING MET KEL MITCHELL. HE LOVES ORANGE SODA.

That's awesome! I loved that show.

I was there too, but I didn't meet anybody. :(

Hey, for any Amanda Palmer fans going (who should go see Neil Gaiman's panel too, regardless): RT @amandapalmer what was s'posed to be 1 benefit show @ #comiccon has turned into 3 signings, a naked drawing class, a perfume unveiling & a ninja uke gig.

Wow! She is everywhere... Too bad I always have something else to do.

Someday I will have to go to ComicCon. It's so huge though, it will probably be overwhelming. I tried going one time about 10 years ago, but found out when I got there that the closest parking still open was over 1 mile away. After seeing this, and noticing the HUGE number of people converging from all directions, I headed over to the SD Zoo instead.

Sigh.

AX was not as fun for me this year as it has been in the past. Oh well, I got to see Mana's band Moi dix Mois, and the AMVs are always cool. Hoping next year will be better.

PMX (pacific media expo) is coming up in November. It's a lot smaller than AX and more relaxed. Less long lines. And, it's more about the music and movies which is cool. :D

Young blood
10-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Has anyone read any of the "Air" series of comics yet? Many say it relates to the themes in LOST.