PDA

View Full Version : Songs Stuck In Your Head You Need Identified With Barely Any Information To Help

RotationSlimWang
07-04-2009, 06:19 PM
So for at least two weeks I've had this one slow indie rock song stuck in my head. I'd thought I must have heard it from Rock Band, but now I've been through every track there is and none of them sound like it. The lyrics are relatively hard to make out, particularly given my only kinda fuzzy memory of the slow, hypnotic beat. Only things I really remember are "But you're so far away from me girl/now" and "I've got a feeling/fever."

Anybody know what the fuck this is?

Hannahrain
07-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Syphilis.

RotationSlimWang
07-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Is that the band or the song or what I gave you?

RotationSlimWang
07-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I should also note that it's a male singer. The one lyric I'm absolutely sure of is the "But you're so far away," occasionally followed by "from me."

BROKENDOLL
07-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I believe the band is "Lovin' Handful" and the song is either "Jackin' Off" or "My Ghonorrhea."Could be wrong though. "Jackin' off has a definite beat to it.

SoulDischarge
07-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Goddammit. This just reminded me of some song I heard in Subway that I was going to Google some of the lyrics for but now I forgot them. Now all I can remember is the catchy fucking bassline eating a hole in my brain like a cancer. Thanks.

Nevermind. It was INXS.

fiyahhh!
07-04-2009, 09:02 PM
So for at least two weeks I've had this one slow indie rock song stuck in my head. I'd thought I must have heard it from Rock Band, but now I've been through every track there is and none of them sound like it. The lyrics are relatively hard to make out, particularly given my only kinda fuzzy memory of the slow, hypnotic beat. Only things I really remember are "But you're so far away from me girl/now" and "I've got a feeling/fever."

Anybody know what the fuck this is?

It might be "Crazy Tuesday" by thenewno2. There's part of that song that has that exact line in it.

JewFace
07-05-2009, 03:19 AM
"I Ran (So Far Away)" by Flock of Seagulls (or a cover of it)
"Nothing's Forever" by Entwine (truly horrid and hardly 'indie', but the lyrics kinda fit)

BROKENDOLL
07-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I can't believe I'm actually making an effort to assist you with this, but how about Dire Straits, "So Far Away?"

Psst...You can also go to HotLyrics.net which has partial lyrics search and links to other lyric sites.

Boourns
07-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Not really stuck in my head but it's been bothering me for years. Muse - Starlight sounds just like some old song (80's I'm sure) but i cannot remember what it is.

Aurgasm
07-05-2009, 10:05 AM
some dj was spinning a dnb remix of what i think is a hip hop song at the do lab... something like "My 34's" over and over again..but it was fucking sick.

warning: i contacted all the djs that played on the day i heard it and still havent received an ID

hawkingvsreeve
07-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Not really stuck in my head but it's been bothering me for years. Muse - Starlight sounds just like some old song (80's I'm sure) but i cannot remember what it is.

The piano part?

It's vaguely similar to Dont Stop Believing (Journey), but I dont think that is what you had in mind.

RotationSlimWang
07-05-2009, 11:34 AM
It might be "Crazy Tuesday" by thenewno2. There's part of that song that has that exact line in it.

FUCKING WINNAR. Thank you so much.

Boourns
07-05-2009, 12:25 PM
The piano part?

It's vaguely similar to Dont Stop Believing (Journey), but I dont think that is what you had in mind.

Nope, I know that song.

Stainofmind
07-05-2009, 09:48 PM
there is this hi-energy/freestyle song that i will never know the song title or artist to. It came out like back in 92-93.

M Sparks
07-06-2009, 12:02 PM
there is this hi-energy/freestyle song that i will never know the song title or artist to. It came out like back in 92-93.

Well, you'll never know with THAT attitude.

Any clues besides a broad time period?

bug on your lip
07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
please help

i've been looking for this one song from the early 90s.. there were 2 balding weightlifters.. I think they were Danish or some other Nordic country.. they wore tight shorts & kept repeating "I'm too saucy for this shirt.. and too saucy for this disco dancing" stuff like that. I think they are Randy's roommates now, so this thread couldn't have come at a perfect time.. please ID the song for me

xoxoxo
.....::::bug

marooko
07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Well, you'll never know with THAT attitude.

Any clues besides a broad time period?

seriously. i freaking love freestyle. any other clues?

M Sparks
07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
please help

i've been looking for this one song from the early 90s.. there were 2 balding weightlifters.. I think they were Danish or some other Nordic country.. they wore tight shorts & kept repeating "I'm too saucy for this shirt.. and too saucy for this disco dancing" stuff like that.

That's "I Spin On The Platform" by The Saucy Swedes.

bug on your lip
07-06-2009, 12:40 PM
That's "I Spin On The Platform" by The Saucy Swedes.

FUCKING WINNAR. Thank you so much.

fiyahhh!
07-06-2009, 07:40 PM

Yes! The piano part sounds like "Be Near Me" by ABC.

Boourns
07-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Yes! The piano part sounds like "Be Near Me" by ABC.

Thank you.

Wheres the beef?
07-06-2009, 08:59 PM
I should also note that it's a male singer. The one lyric I'm absolutely sure of is the "But you're so far away," occasionally followed by "from me."

Its The Killers.

matsuolost
07-06-2009, 09:12 PM
anyone knows whats a (seemingly) 80s song that goes dara... "mad. about. you" - in the chorus?
it has kind of a robert palmer vibe but it was so good
i cant remember anything else
and it could be lot about you im not sure

captncrzy
07-07-2009, 07:36 AM
anyone knows whats a (seemingly) 80s song that goes dara... "mad. about. you" - in the chorus?
it has kind of a robert palmer vibe but it was so good
i cant remember anything else
and it could be lot about you im not sure

Mad About You by Belinda Carlisle?

On a more realistic front, Hooverphonic and Sting both have songs called Mad About You

matsuolost
07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
nope
it had more of a new wave vibe

if i sing it and put up a video im sure someone will recognize the melody

hawkingvsreeve
07-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I say you do that.

M Sparks
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
On a more realistic front, Hooverphonic and Sting both have songs called Mad About You

As does Slaughter.

(hangs down head, ashamed)

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
07-07-2009, 12:40 PM
http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/435/880/66/mad_about_you.jpg

M Sparks
07-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow there are a shit ton of songs that contain the words "Mad About You", but I couldn't find one with a "new wave vibe" unless you count the Descendents. (And they only said it once.)

BTW, did you know that Japanese-Neo-Soul is a genre? I didn't.

vogina
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Haha, this thread is awesome.

HorseTears
07-19-2009, 07:55 PM
This should be easy for you guys. Please skip to the very end of this interview with Meryl Streep. Paul Shafer and the CBS Orchestra are playing the show to commercial with what I'm fairly sure is the beginning of a well known classic rock song. I just can't remember the song or artist. Anyone?

tN6SRWuGcO0

menikmati
07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

HorseTears
07-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Thank you!!

Sleepingrock
07-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I dont remember the exact lyrics but they go like this or something

I could be your John, you could be Yoko and we will break up the band if they drop the bomb

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 12:13 PM
please help

i've been looking for this one song from the early 90s.. there were 2 balding weightlifters.. I think they were Danish or some other Nordic country.. they wore tight shorts & kept repeating "I'm too saucy for this shirt.. and too saucy for this disco dancing" stuff like that. I think they are Randy's roommates now, so this thread couldn't have come at a perfect time.. please ID the song for me

xoxoxo
.....::::bug

That sounds exactly like that Too Sexy song by Right Said Fred.

AlecEiffel
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM
no, I'm pretty sure it's I spin on the platform.

slurpee
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM
For YEARS I have never been able to figure out this one out......I have heard it at so many clubs, bars, raves, etc...it drives me NUTS.

It is a house type track with a female vocalist that says "and everybody started to dance".

dorkfish
07-21-2009, 02:32 PM
For YEARS I have never been able to figure out this one out......I have heard it at so many clubs, bars, raves, etc...it drives me NUTS.

It is a house type track with a female vocalist that says "and everybody started to dance".
Gil Scott-Heron's "Racetrack in France" or a cover or a sample of it?

Sleepingrock
07-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh, another song, I only remember it from its music video which I saw on Italian MTV in grade 8 (3 years ago) and the music video had raccoons and other forest creatures..... you would remember it if you saw it

captncrzy
07-22-2009, 07:28 AM
That sounds exactly like that Too Sexy song by Right Said Fred.

Thanks for explaining the joke.

dorkfish
07-22-2009, 07:35 AM
I dont remember the exact lyrics but they go like this or something

I could be your John, you could be Yoko and we will break up the band if they drop the bomb
barenaked ladies - be my yoko?

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 11:00 AM
barenaked ladies - be my yoko?

There's nothing about a bomb in there, but it does say "If I was John and you were Yoko I would give up musical genius..." and "...I don't like all these people slagging her for breaking up the Beatles"

M Sparks
07-22-2009, 11:01 AM
no, I'm pretty sure it's I spin on the platform.

The Saucy Swede's ruled. Whatever happened to them?

Sleepingrock
07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
There's nothing about a bomb in there, but it does say "If I was John and you were Yoko I would give up musical genius..." and "...I don't like all these people slagging her for breaking up the Beatles"

nope.... Theres a woman singing in the song too....

slurpee
07-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Gil Scott-Heron's "Racetrack in France" or a cover or a sample of it?

Not close at all....damnit.

TallGuyCM
07-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I think the ultimate example of this for me was this one super-catchy 80's song that literally got stuck in my head dozens and dozens of times before I found out what it was almost 15 years later....."Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder.