PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin QUITS as Governor

kitt kat
07-03-2009, 12:36 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/07/alaskas-sarah-palin-is-stepping-down-as-governor-this-month.html

Sarah Palin picked a slow news day before a holiday to shake up the political world, saying she will step down as governor of Alaska but leaving open the question of her political future.

“We've got to put first things first. I love my job and I love Alaska. I am doing what’s best for Alaska,” Palin said at a televised news conference in her hometown of Wasilla.

Palin said she hoped people were not disappointed by the decision, which she said had been in the works for some time. She said she was taking “my fight for what’s right in a new direction.” She said she could be more effective and better serve Alaska and the country from outside the governor's office.

So if she is quitting to run, I can't wait for all the people in the debates to ask why a "quitter" is fit for the presidency. (Not to mention, a moron.)

obzen
07-03-2009, 12:44 PM
how bizarre,i wonder if it had anything to do w/that ridiculous award she was recognized for..

M Sparks
07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
i wonder if it had anything to do w/that ridiculous award she was recognized for..

"Who's Nailin Palin" won a lot of AVN awards, but that wasn't really her.

obzen
07-03-2009, 12:56 PM
not that one

betao
07-03-2009, 12:57 PM
so you can just "quit" being governor at anytime? coolio.

hegemon
07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Sarah who?

Failin? Who cares?

RotationSlimWang
07-03-2009, 12:59 PM
This might mean she wants to run for something bigger. Governor of Alaska doesn't get too much time in Washington. Although I suppose it's hard to say that a Senator is an elevation from Governor.

obzen
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM
it must have been the accumulative of bad press that she got,especially in the last 6 months
-which was,in fact,the result of her bending against her better judgement more often than not

obzen
07-03-2009, 01:02 PM
This might mean she wants to run for something bigger.

her quitting is practically political suicide

hegemon
07-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Drill baby, drill.

*Sigh*

Alaska meltdown is coming?

JUMP, Sarah!

Alchemy
07-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I bet she's going to join Broken Social Scene.

obzen
07-03-2009, 01:17 PM
shes taking the $7 million from her book deal and shes going into hiding in order to secretly build and inhabit a sophisticated survival bunker designated for the impending 2012 catastrophe

in the coming months and years ahead,i expect many prominent people in our society to do the same

:blah

fatbastard
07-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Hooters?

dontfeedthebird
07-03-2009, 01:52 PM
mmm wings.

fatbastard
07-03-2009, 01:56 PM
<smiling>

gaypalmsprings
07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Good bye!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/10/10/18tinafey_narrowweb__300x396,0.jpg

obzen
07-03-2009, 02:03 PM
lolz

superfiction
07-03-2009, 02:12 PM

hahha

nbvwes
07-03-2009, 02:18 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/londonbus/epic%20fail/epicfail.jpg

gaypalmsprings
07-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Letterman - 1
Palin - 0

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m8oaaxYy_6Y/SjGyb1u6MeI/AAAAAAAAAKw/HSUBNdeI6pw/s400/palin-vs-letterman.jpg

obzen
07-03-2009, 03:37 PM
theres something wierd about her,did anyone see her initial resignation speech-something in the tone of her voice comes across as---well,off.

her demeanor,and not just that but the deliverance of her speech;the cadence-that shit dont sound right

i suspect shes over-caffeinated
either that or she taking something,whatever it is-that chemical composition just aint balanced

MarkO
07-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Quitter in Chief ???

sonnyboy11
07-03-2009, 04:20 PM
This has scandal written all over it. She probably has an idea that if she steps down, she can go somewhere long enough to let things blow over so she can still run for president in 2012. The real question for now is- what happened? An affair maybe?

bballarl
07-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Who fucking cares.

TomAz
07-03-2009, 04:26 PM
"Who's Nailin Palin" won a lot of AVN awards, but that wasn't really her.

Who fucking cares.

Win, place, and show.

TomAz
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Also, my guess is she's quitting to get an abortion.

Still-ill
07-03-2009, 04:30 PM
It's letterman's baby. :nono

hegemon
07-03-2009, 04:30 PM
haha

sounds like we need a pool contest as to why and what she's gonna do

*am gonna hide again ... yeah, who cares? ... failin, who?*

psycobetabuckdown
07-03-2009, 05:04 PM
She's gonna run for Senator, how could she not? Only chance she has to build up a resume before Mark Sanford knocks her on her ass in 2012.

roberto73
07-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin? by Max Blumenthal

The suddenness of Sarah Palin’s resignation raises questions about whether a coming scandal caused her to leave office. Max Blumenthal looks at one possibility.

Plus: Read more of The Daily Beast's coverage of Palin's resignation and the GOP implosion.

CNN and other major news outlets have reported that Sarah Palin has abruptly resigned as governor of Alaska. The suddenness of her announcement raises the question about whether Palin resigned to avert a major scandal. One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies (SBS), with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide open state.

SBS has close ties to the Palins. The company has not only sponsored Todd Palin's snowmobile team, according to the Village Voice's Wayne Barrett, it hired Sarah Palin to do a statewide television commercial in 2004.

Though Todd Palin told Fox News he built his Lake Lucille home with the help of a few "buddies," according to Barrett’s report, public records revealed that SBS supplied the materials for the house. While serving as mayor of Wasilla, Sarah Palin blocked an initiative that would have required the public filing of building permits—thus momentarily preventing the revelation of such suspicious information.

Just months before Palin left city hall to campaign for governor, she awarded a contract to SBS to help build the $13 million Wasilla Sports Complex. The most expensive building project in Wasilla history, the complex cost the city an addition $1.3 million in legal fees and threw it into severe long-term debt. For SBS, however, the bloated and bungled project was a cash cow.

Whether the alleged federal investigation into the Palins and SBS prompted her resignation could not be confirmed. But prior to her sudden announcement, Palin gave every indication that she intended to complete her tenure as governor.

On July 1, Palin met with Alaska Senator Mark Begich to discuss funding for the missile defense systems that would be stationed in Alaska. In May, Palin initiated a plan to circumvent the state legislature by introducing a ballot measure that would ban minors from receiving abortions without parental consent. She vowed to be the first to sign the measure event though it would not be certified until August 2010.

In a press conference today, Palin blamed the media for her demise. "You are naive if you don't see a full-court press on the national level, picking apart a good point guard," she declared, using a basketball metaphor to refer to the flood of critical stories published about her.

On July 1, CBS reported that a story authored by me and journalist David Neiwert for Salon.com in October 2008 about Palin's ties to a secessionist political party caused her deep personal distress, and provoked a rancorous series of exchanges with her campaign manager, Steve Schmidt. Coupled with a withering profile of Palin published in the August 2009 issue of Vanity Fair, the new round of exposes may have been too much for Palin to stomach.

Palin may have resigned from politics altogether. According to NBC’s Andrea Mitchell, Palin "has told some of her biggest backers in the national Republican party that they are free to choose other candidates for 2012." But those choices are dwindling at a surprisingly rapid pace.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-03/did-a-scandal-sink-the-uss-palin/?cid=hp:mainpromo2

boarderwoozel3
07-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh happy day if this woman disappears. Unfortunetaly, I don't think we're that lucky.

MissingPerson
07-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I hope she quit over a scandal of such mighty proportion that we'll have to launch her into space just to make ourselves feel clean again.

elliemchale
07-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Sarah who?

Failin? Who cares?

Exactly my thoughts.
She's shotgun totin' pussy and would have failed miserably as VP.

So, let's move on.

I'd really rather talk about the death of that OxyClean dude than Failin, and that's saying a lot.

elliemchale
07-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh happy day if this woman disappears. Unfortunetaly, I don't think we're that lucky.

Nope, we're not, especially with her non-conservative baby makin' teenage daughter runnin' around. Scandalicious.

boarderwoozel3
07-05-2009, 08:09 PM
After reading up on this story for the past few days it makes no sense. An inexperienced VP candidate quitting her Gubenentorial post to stage a Presidential run she clearly desires? You're doing it wrong.

marooko
07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
This has scandal written all over it. She probably has an idea that if she steps down, she can go somewhere long enough to let things blow over so she can still run for president in 2012. The real question for now is- what happened? An affair maybe?

i kinda feel like this. something is gonna come out.

i dont think it would make sense for her to run in 2012. if she really wants it, that would be the wrong move.

amyzzz
07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
She's done. YIPPEE!

PassiveTheory
07-05-2009, 11:57 PM
After reading up on this story for the past few days it makes no sense. An inexperienced VP candidate quitting her Gubenentorial post to stage a Presidential run she clearly desires? You're doing it wrong.

You clearly underestimate the GOP.

marooko
07-06-2009, 06:58 AM
yeah, cause only the GOP does stupid things.

JebusLives
07-06-2009, 07:29 AM

Only the GOP does stupid things on purpose, because only the GOP really understands what american politics is all about (hint: it's almost never actually about policy). The stupid thing the dems are usually guilty of is over-estimating the average american's capacity for critical thought.

This isn't exclusively an american problem, you guys just have it worse than we do on account of your shitty education system.

obzen
07-06-2009, 07:45 AM

Fuck,you beat me to it.

chairmenmeow47
07-06-2009, 08:40 AM
meh, obama resigned the senate seat for the presidency.

marooko
07-06-2009, 08:44 AM
and Hillary lied about running. it doesnt matter. what matters is whats next to the persons name. (R) or (D).

boarderwoozel3
07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
You clearly underestimate the GOP.

That's the thing, I'm not at all. Gauging the reaction from the GOP big whigs, they had nothing to do with this decision and want to have her for lunch. But she knows she's essentially the GOP golden calf at the moment and can't be touched. Based on her unmatched fundraising abilities and popularity with their base. This is just another massive example of Sarah Palin "going rouge." All this move does is magnify her biggest flaw, inexperience. And boy does that inexperience show. Even after her time in the national spotlight she's still making pop-warner moves.

To give herself the best shot at becoming president she should snag the open AK senate seat and make a run in 2016. She'd win any election in AK by a landslide and bolster her resume to make a legit run. Given her charisma she could very well win the presidency at that point. But alas, her hubrius and ambition will surely get the best of her and she'll start to run in two years after accomplishing exactly nothing notable outside of fundraising between 2008 and then.

amyzzz
07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Why can't the Rrepublicans come up with a candidate who can actually speak properly?

marooko
07-06-2009, 09:05 AM
would you respect them if they did? no. so what does it matter?

JebusLives
07-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Why can't the Rrepublicans come up with a candidate who can actually speak properly?

Because that's exactly the sort of person who won't appeal to the "republican base". Idiots rule.

boarderwoozel3
07-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Yessum.

amyzzz
07-06-2009, 09:12 AM
They don't like their leaders to appear educated. :nono

TomAz
07-06-2009, 10:00 AM
meh, obama resigned the senate seat for the presidency.

Obama resigned his Senate seat after he was elected President. Not three and a half years before the election.

TomAz
07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Well since he couldn't simultaneously be both a Senator and the President, yes.

Edit: see what Brandon says immediately below. same applies here.

hawkingvsreeve
07-06-2009, 10:06 AM
It's more sensible. It's non-assuming. It's not chromosome deficient retarded.

Edit:

This was in response to a post that appears to have been deleted. I'm not just interjecting all willy nilly.

Alchemy
07-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Do not underestimate the power of Darth Palin. She finds your lack of faith to be disturbing.

boarderwoozel3
07-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Obama resigned his Senate seat after he was elected President. Not three and a half years before the election.

Preemptive everything has been all the rage in the Republican party for the past decade. 'Shoot first and don't question me later.'

hawkingvsreeve
07-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I think that's how her daughter got knocked up.

Alchemy
07-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I think that's how her daughter got knocked up.

Thread Clear Bonus x 1000

1UP!
1UP!
1UP!

obzen
07-06-2009, 12:22 PM
LOLZ