PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Factory

Stefachink
06-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Anyone been to the Knitting Factory before? How are the crowds there? I'm thinking about going there with a few friends for my birthday just to chill out and maybe find out about some cool new artists. Good or bad idea? If bad, then what venues/places do you suggest I go to instead. I'm turning 17 so unfortunately I won't be able to get into any 18+ or 21+ events :(

vinylmartyr
06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
It's cool. I've seen Sigur Ros, Black Star, Jean Jacques Perrey, and Roy Ayers there.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
06-28-2009, 08:12 PM
it's one of my favorite venues...but obviously your experience depends on the band playing. Most of the music venues in the Hollywood area are all ages, so you can be a bit picky with where you go. What's the date?

familyguy420
06-29-2009, 10:59 PM
I really like the Knitting Factory its fun to go next door and put your hands down on some Stars hands plus its on the Hollywood walk of fame.
The venues really chill and small, if its a band you really like you'll have a good chance to get real close to them, on either stage.

Sleepingrock
06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
How'd you do on the Photo contest Stef?

Stefachink
07-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks all but I ended up having a bbq and shot pre-4th of july fireworks on my birthday instead hahah; it was on July 1. I definitely have to hit up the Knitting Factory one of these days though. Sounds like it's definitely worthwhile. As for the photo contest .. eh, I only did it because it'd be nice to have some scholarship money for college. Apparently Brickfish isn't really a scholarship website but more of a promotional kinda thing so, I knew my chances were extraordinarily slim. It's alright, I'm pretty much over that website lol.