PDA

View Full Version : Bass music (who would YOU like to see?)

mittens4kittens
06-28-2009, 07:18 PM
20 from me, even just one would be so cool...

DnB:

Breakage
Klute
Mistabishi
Noisia
Spor
Marcus Visionary
Calibre
High Contrast
Chase and Status
Logistics

Dubstep:

N-Type
Distance
Mala
Skream
Tes La Rok
Martyn
Scuba
Joker
Untold
Noah D

Who's bassweight makes you meditate?

SDsoldier7
06-28-2009, 07:53 PM
damn u know a lot of dnb n d-step! the only name i recognize from your list is chase and status, but i dont know too much dnb or d-step.

id like to see bassnectar again. andy c and marky. cyantific. dj imagika too.

jazzz
06-28-2009, 10:23 PM
MICK KARN.

crazzz2007
06-29-2009, 03:14 PM

DnB:

Breakage
Klute
Mistabishi
Noisia
Spor
Marcus Visionary
Calibre
High Contrast
Chase and Status
SubFocus

Dubstep:

N-Type
Distance
Mala
Skream
Tes La Rok
Martyn
Scuba
Joker
Untold
Noah D

stop posting the same shit over and over again!! we get it, you only listen to dubstep. so why are you even on this message board? stop posting stupid shit.

mittens4kittens
06-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Why are you wasting your energy on negativity towards me man? You know nothing about me. Obviously anyone who is even remotely interested in Coachella listens to ALL KINDS of music- I've asked for Neil Young for years, MSTRKRFT was my favorite show of 09, and Roger Waters of 08.

I'm on this board because I love this festival, 2010 will be my fifth year, and I started this thread because I didn't see another one like it. If you don't like the thread don't post in it. I know I'm not the only one interested in this music, so go talk about radiohead some more or something.

crazzz2007
06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
and you also post the same post, post after post. get it?

mittens4kittens
06-29-2009, 06:25 PM
No, I don't get it. Half that post is drum and bass artists ya fuckin nazi.

mittens4kittens
06-29-2009, 06:29 PM
personally, I feel like this thread is *slightly* more productive and positive than your "predictions for next year's shitty headliner that shouldn't be a headliner" thread.

crazzz2007
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
really?

so according to you, dubstep (which is like 0.001% of coachella) is a more important topic on the Coachella message board than who headlines the entire festival?

mittens4kittens
06-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Thats not what I said at all, I don't know why you're being an asshole to me...

What I said was this thread is more positive and productive than a thread that is designed to complain and insult. That's all. Someone could very well take the same tactic with you-

"stop posting the same shit over and over again!! we get it, you don't like Jack Johnson or The Killers. so why are you even on this message board? stop posting stupid shit."

blech. just chill out man and go post in another thread.

crazzz2007
06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
"stop posting the same shit over and over again!! we get it, you don't like Jack Johnson or The Killers. so why are you even on this message board? stop posting stupid shit."

that's got to be the dumbest thing i've read in a while.

i'm on this message board BECAUSE i don't like the killers and jack johnson. you're clueless.

oftheheartofthesoul
06-29-2009, 08:43 PM
GOLDIE!

mittens4kittens
06-29-2009, 10:31 PM
GOLDIE!

gEaqFtNbRKA

jusbcus25
06-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Mampi Swift, Klute or Total Science FTW.

Or a Bad Company Reunion with all four members-Fresh, D Bridge, Maldini and Vegas would be out of control. but thats never going to happen but would be nice.

Drum and Bass:
High Contrast
Grooverider
Logistics
Commix
Danny Byrd
Random Movement
Kubiks and Lomax
Brookes Brothers
Bungle
Calibre
Chase and Status
Teebee
Photek
Noisia
Makato
EZ rollers

would also be really good. DnB hasn't been at Coach very much lately and I miss that. Any of these acts would really impress me.

Dubstep:
Benga
Skream
Burial
16bit
Boxcutter
N-type
NOAH D- his shit is tight and stateside represent.
Rusko
Trillbass
ULTRABLACK- Arizona represent.
all have nice sounding tunes. I like listening to these artists in the car.

DNB/Dubstep acts.

JUJU
Infaltrata/12th planet
Benny Page
Chase and Status
Skynet

Im not a big fan of dubstep but I wouldnt mind seeing a dubstep/dnb set from any of the above.

mittens4kittens
06-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Juju was the first dubstep I ever heard man! Can't believe its only two years ago... word is he's taking care of his family now, Narco.Hz is still going strong but he's just managing it, not making any tunes right now... at least that's what I've heard. Hes so bad though...

Noah D would kill it, he's close and he's not too expensive.

jusbcus25
06-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Noah D's drum and bass is killer. I love that he is blowing up just like Jayvon did years back.

higgybaby23
07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I am witnessing dubstep infiltrate all areas of EDM. On Sunday, a local dnb DJ played a typical dnb set. Except for his very last track, which was straight up dubstep. His MC even made it a point to say, "Hey this is dubstep!". The Burial/Four Tet single sounds like minimal house(which I found extremely boring). I've heard a variety of dubstep producers now, and many are pushing the genre in the directions of acid, house, dnb, breaks and minimal. It is only a matter of time before the Europeans come up with another sub-genre of dubstep. I mean, dubstep is just an evolution of grime, 2step and garage anyway.

Geno_g
07-01-2009, 03:12 PM
bring Squarepusher, I've been saying it for years, Please...
He will bring the funky bass...

SDsoldier7
07-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I am witnessing dubstep infiltrate all areas of EDM. On Sunday, a local dnb DJ played a typical dnb set. Except for his very last track, which was straight up dubstep. His MC even made it a point to say, "Hey this is dubstep!". The Burial/Four Tet single sounds like minimal house(which I found extremely boring). I've heard a variety of dubstep producers now, and many are pushing the genre in the directions of acid, house, dnb, breaks and minimal. It is only a matter of time before the Europeans come up with another sub-genre of dubstep. I mean, dubstep is just an evolution of grime, 2step and garage anyway.

dub step is catching fire. we are having a festival here this month, with a specific area for dub-step and break beat. jungle has its own area.

Young blood
07-01-2009, 03:31 PM

wonky.

higgybaby23
07-01-2009, 04:31 PM
wonky.

I learned something new today. Thanks YB.

oftheheartofthesoul
07-01-2009, 08:52 PM
gEaqFtNbRKA

Too awesome to function.

crazzz2007
07-03-2009, 03:29 PM

ya, that's cause no one wants to listen to pure dubstep.

jusbcus25
07-04-2009, 11:31 PM

You must be talking about Tarzan and Shawn Harris. I thought tommy didn't like dubstep? Whyteboi and stimulation are playing dubstep now too. Tyler played a lot of dubstep tunes when he opened up for pendulum and people were eating it up. I personally think it's the bass that draws the people. It already has its own sub genres which are pretty much the same as drum and bass. I think its funny and Ive said this before is that the same people that are into dubstep are the same people who used to hate wobble or clownstep as they called it. Dubstep is wobble wobble all over the place. Oh the irony.

nbvwes
07-05-2009, 11:16 AM
really?
so according to you, dubstep (which is like 0.001% of coachella) is a more important topic on the Coachella message board than who headlines the entire festival?

i disagree... 2 of the 7 stages at Coachella played nearly exclusively dubstep... (nearly 30% of music on the polo fields... oh, what, it doesn't count because those aren't the 'important' stages? or just because YOU don't frequent them?)

plus, the amount of dubstep heard in the Gobi & Sahara would equal more like 3% of Coachella...

& one could argue that no one genre at Coachella represents more than 5% of the entire festival anyway...

there are already sub-genres of dubstep...

dubstep itself is a sub-genre of dub anyway... there IS a diff between pure dub and dubstep (or dubreggae, which is huge in nocal for example).. there is also dub poetry & dubtronica (which are both lame if you ask me)... yes there IS a diff between downtempo dubtronica & upbeat fusion of grime/2step that is dubstep... dubhop is becoming more & more popular as well... dubSTEP though has been around for nearly a decade, and i see it merging with electro/fidget to create the next big thing, whatever it may be called... dub = deep urban breaks

for Coachella 2010:

dubstep:
Bassnectar
187 Soundsystem
Skream
Benga
Caspa
Rusko
The Professionals (pure filth)
Pressure
MC Kemst
Subswara
Bar9
16bit
BLVD
Nero
Optimus Gryme
TRG
D Kay
UNICRON
12th Planet
6blocc
Burial

dnb:
Chase & Status
Tech Itch
AK1200
Dara
Evol Intent
Dieselboy
Marky
Dubfire/Deep Dish
Kosheen
Squarepusher
TC
Oliver Chesler (aka The Horrorist)

fidget/glitch/crunk:
Crookers
Fake Blood
Jack Beats
Bloody Beatroots
Acid Jacks
Glitch Mob
Mindgutter
Tits & Clits
Kill Frenzy
Mustard Pimp
Brabe
Mojo Jones
The Proxy
CRAIG WILLIAMS

mittens4kittens
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
burial won't be there... but who knows?

jusbcus25
07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
How could I forget D.Kay? I still play Serenade and Different Being in my sets to this day. High Contrast, D.Kay (Illskillz), and Q Project (Total Science) will always be my favorite drum and bass producers.

Burial spins drum and bass?

jusbcus25
07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
When did Bassnectar get so big? I remember seeing him at a desert party in Albuquerque in like 2002 were he played a breakbeat set and nobody knew who he was. Hes come along way I see. Back in the day when I used to throw parties NAHA and Forrest Green praised him and tried to get me to bring him several times. I passed and brought Kaskade instead when he was small time too. Oh have things changed over the years.

mittens4kittens
07-06-2009, 10:55 PM
He gets booked a lot and is consistently good- he's built a pretty sizable fanbase over the years. The "art of revolution" single is selling real well right now...

Are you still in Albuquerque jusbcus?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-06-2009, 11:21 PM
im liking your lists nbvwes

mittens4kittens
07-07-2009, 10:37 AM
im liking your lists nbvwes

QFT, pure party, would like to hear some deep tunes as well though. Mala is playing ********* in September with Amon Tobin and Caspa... wish I could go, super sad panda...

zimmy1222
07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
QFT, pure party, would like to hear some deep tunes as well though. Mala is playing ********* in September with Amon Tobin and Caspa... wish I could go, super sad panda...

gooooo... you know you should...

zimmy1222
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
i disagree... 2 of the 7 stages at Coachella played nearly exclusively dubstep... (nearly 30% of music on the polo fields... oh, what, it doesn't count because those aren't the 'important' stages? or just because YOU don't frequent them?)

plus, the amount of dubstep heard in the Gobi & Sahara would equal more like 3% of Coachella...

& one could argue that no one genre at Coachella represents more than 5% of the entire festival anyway...

there are already sub-genres of dubstep...

dubstep itself is a sub-genre of dub anyway... there IS a diff between pure dub and dubstep (or dubreggae, which is huge in nocal for example).. there is also dub poetry & dubtronica (which are both lame if you ask me)... yes there IS a diff between downtempo dubtronica & upbeat fusion of grime/2step that is dubstep... dubhop is becoming more & more popular as well... dubSTEP though has been around for nearly a decade, and i see it merging with electro/fidget to create the next big thing, whatever it may be called... dub = deep urban breaks

for Coachella 2010:

dubstep:
Bassnectar
187 Soundsystem <<<<<< yeah, holdin it down for the locals!
Skream
Benga
Caspa
Rusko
The Professionals (pure filth)
Pressure
MC Kemst
Subswara
Bar9
16bit
BLVD
Nero
Optimus Gryme
TRG
D Kay
UNICRON
12th Planet
6blocc
Burial

dnb:
Chase & Status
Tech Itch
AK1200
Dara
Evol Intent
Dieselboy
Marky
Dubfire/Deep Dish
Kosheen
Squarepusher
TC
Oliver Chesler (aka The Horrorist)

fidget/glitch/crunk:
Crookers
Fake Blood
Jack Beats
Bloody Beatroots
Acid Jacks
Glitch Mob
Mindgutter
Tits & Clits
Kill Frenzy
Mustard Pimp
Brabe
Mojo Jones
The Proxy
CRAIG WILLIAMS

This list is perfect... construct a festival.. bring all this talent to it... and just call the festival.. "the perfect weekend" ....

it'll work.

nbvwes
07-07-2009, 05:04 PM
This list is perfect... construct a festival.. bring all this talent to it... and just call the festival.. "the perfect weekend" ....

it'll work.

oh, shit! shoulda known a santa cruz native would be down with 187 Soundsystem! His mix a friend hooked me with got me into dubstep in the first place...

zimmy1222
07-07-2009, 05:57 PM
oh, shit! shoulda known a santa cruz native would be down with 187 Soundsystem! His mix a friend hooked me with got me into dubstep in the first place...

I'm assuming you're talkin about the mix that starts off with Prince...

Can't get enough of that one... :D

Vic Viper
07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Among several other artists already mentioned:

FUCKING. DATSIK.

I would punch a small child to even hear 'Retreat' dropped live.

zimmy1222
07-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Among several other artists already mentioned:

FUCKING. DATSIK.

I would punch a small child to even hear 'Retreat' dropped live.

Just listened to that song... heavvvvvvy...

The voice clip is a bit morbid though.. lol..

SDsoldier7
07-07-2009, 08:07 PM

do you know the name of the mix or where i can find it? thanks.

zimmy1222
07-07-2009, 08:17 PM

no.

and

no.

but, i can see if i can get it streamed somehow with a link maybe.. gimme an hour or two..

nbvwes
07-07-2009, 08:43 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

that was our Coachella mix we played every night in the campground... best dub mix EVER!! and it's got all the hits you wanna hear...

zimmy1222
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM

01 AlbumWrap Album.m4a - 70.03MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/623728354cea576d/)

fa sho!

sorry for the spammy spamspam... only file share that i know works... : /

nbvwes
07-07-2009, 11:59 PM
01 AlbumWrap Album.m4a - 70.03MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/623728354cea576d/)

fa sho!

best all-around dubstep mix of all-time!!

zimmy1222
07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
best all-around dubstep mix of all-time!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzsb04ob58n

this one is a challenger for surrrre...

edit: ^that^ does work... but here's the source:

http://dirtyfilthywhomp.com/

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
nbvwes, you've heard the masses, CREATE YOUR OWN FESTIVAL
that line up would be killer

do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
DO IT

SDsoldier7
07-08-2009, 09:51 PM

fa sho!

thx!

SDsoldier7
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
i owe ya a round for this one jimmy.

nbvwes
07-09-2009, 03:42 PM
nbvwes, you've heard the masses, CREATE YOUR OWN FESTIVAL
that line up would be killer

do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
do it
DO IT

i make several festival posters each year (mostly ones claiming to be coachella pre-lineup announcement), and usually post them under an alias (much to the annoyance of menikunti)

don't worry...

it is coming.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
^

http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

mittens4kittens
07-10-2009, 09:05 AM
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/92/l_123a5d46afc242f5a87ade2edd675f89.jpg

Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

zimmy1222
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
i owe ya a round for this one jimmy.

am I Jimmy?? or is nbvwes

lol

nbvwes
07-11-2009, 03:13 AM
i don't think i'm jimmy? am i?

totally going to that, that lineup and installations look amazing.. for half the price of burning man, in the forest on a lake instead of the desert, and actual names performing..

mittens4kittens
07-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Caspa just did an essential mix for Radio 1 last night

http://www.qrip.org/2009/07/11/essential-mix-2009-07-11-caspa/

MASSIVE.

tracklist-

Caspa’s Ghostly Intro
Deadmau5 & Kaskade ‘I Remember (Caspa Remix)’ (Mau5trap)
Sub Scape ‘Nothing’s Wrong’ (Dub Police)
Emalkay ‘Angie Got Stoned’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Skream ‘Dutch Flowerz (Rusko Remix)’ (Tempa Dub Plate)
Mungo’s Hi Fi ‘International Roots Feat. Earl 16 (LD Remix)’ (Dub Police)
Mala ‘Eyes’ (Dub Plate)
Emalkay ‘When I Look At You‘ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Trolley Snatcha ‘Scattah’ (Dub Police)
Caspa ‘Riot Powder’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
Caspa ‘Table Cloth’ (Sub Soldiers Dub Plate)
Sub Scape ‘Dominent Species’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Benga ‘Desening’ (Tempa Dub Plate)
Emalkay ‘Metropolis’ (Dub Police)
Nneka ‘Heartbeat (Chase & Status Just Brought A Guitar Mix)’ (Sony/BMG)
Skream Clap Your Hands‘ (Dub Plate)
The Others ‘Dot 2 Dot’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Caspa ‘I Beat My Robot’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
The Others & N-Type ‘Cicuit’ (Dub Plate)
Sub Scape ‘Clear My Throat’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Trolley Snatcha ‘The Future’ (Dub Police)
Rusko ‘Cockney Thug (Caspa’s Sub Soldier Remix)’ (Sub Soldiers)
Benga ‘Mini Moto’ (Tempa Dub Plate)’
LD ‘King Of Kong’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
D1 ‘Pitcher’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)’
La Roux ‘In For The Kill (Skream’z Let’s Get Ravey Remix)’ (Polydor)
Chase & Status ‘Saxone’ (Ram)
Depeche Mode ‘Wrong (Caspa Remix)’ (EMI)
Coki ‘Goblin’ (Ringo)
Sub Scape ‘Wrong Number’ (Dub Police)
Kutz ‘Trash City’ (Dub Plate)
Chase & Status ‘Mad House’ (Dub Plate)
Caspa ‘Louder VIP’ (Sub Soldiers)
Caspa ‘Marmite’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
Caspa ‘Terminator’ (Sub Soldiers)
Caspa ‘Terminator (Trolley Snatcher Remix)’ (Sub Soldiers Dub Plate)
Prodigy ‘Take Me To The Hospital (Rusko Remix)’ (Take Me To The Hospital)
TC ‘Where’s My Money (Caspa Remix)’ (D-Style)
Emalkay ‘Explicit’ (Dub Police)
Trolley Snatcher ‘Circles’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Skream ‘Metal Mouth’ (Tempa Dub Plate)
Emalkay ‘Battle Suit’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Prodigy ‘Warriors Dance (Benga Remix)’ (Take Me To The Hospital)
Search & Destroy ‘Day Break’ (Destructive)
Distance ‘Menace’ (Chestplate Dub Plate)
The Others ‘100 Dollar Bills’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Caspa ‘Ready Eddy’ (Sub Soldiers Dub Plate)
Matty G ‘Turf Warz’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Caspa Feat. Dynamite MC ‘The Takeover’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
Grand Puba ‘Get It (Caspa’s 80Eighties Remix)’ (Scion / AV Project)
Caspa ‘They Like It Low’ (Dub Plate)
Vista ‘Poupee (J-Kenzo Remix)’ (Dub Plate)
Search & Destroy ‘Blue Mantra’ (Destructive)

Xenocide
07-11-2009, 05:05 PM
oooh, thanks for that link, i was waiting for this mix for several weeks and completely forgot about downloading it until now haha

zimmy1222
07-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Caspa just did an essential mix for Radio 1 last night

http://www.qrip.org/2009/07/11/essential-mix-2009-07-11-caspa/

MASSIVE.

tracklist-

Caspa’s Ghostly Intro
Deadmau5 & Kaskade ‘I Remember (Caspa Remix)’ (Mau5trap)
Sub Scape ‘Nothing’s Wrong’ (Dub Police)
Emalkay ‘Angie Got Stoned’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Skream ‘Dutch Flowerz (Rusko Remix)’ (Tempa Dub Plate)
Mungo’s Hi Fi ‘International Roots Feat. Earl 16 (LD Remix)’ (Dub Police)
Mala ‘Eyes’ (Dub Plate)
Emalkay ‘When I Look At You‘ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Trolley Snatcha ‘Scattah’ (Dub Police)
Caspa ‘Riot Powder’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
Caspa ‘Table Cloth’ (Sub Soldiers Dub Plate)
Sub Scape ‘Dominent Species’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Benga ‘Desening’ (Tempa Dub Plate)
Emalkay ‘Metropolis’ (Dub Police)
Nneka ‘Heartbeat (Chase & Status Just Brought A Guitar Mix)’ (Sony/BMG)
Skream Clap Your Hands‘ (Dub Plate)
The Others ‘Dot 2 Dot’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Caspa ‘I Beat My Robot’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
The Others & N-Type ‘Cicuit’ (Dub Plate)
Sub Scape ‘Clear My Throat’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Trolley Snatcha ‘The Future’ (Dub Police)
Rusko ‘Cockney Thug (Caspa’s Sub Soldier Remix)’ (Sub Soldiers)
Benga ‘Mini Moto’ (Tempa Dub Plate)’
LD ‘King Of Kong’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
D1 ‘Pitcher’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)’
La Roux ‘In For The Kill (Skream’z Let’s Get Ravey Remix)’ (Polydor)
Chase & Status ‘Saxone’ (Ram)
Depeche Mode ‘Wrong (Caspa Remix)’ (EMI)
Coki ‘Goblin’ (Ringo)
Sub Scape ‘Wrong Number’ (Dub Police)
Kutz ‘Trash City’ (Dub Plate)
Chase & Status ‘Mad House’ (Dub Plate)
Caspa ‘Louder VIP’ (Sub Soldiers)
Caspa ‘Marmite’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
Caspa ‘Terminator’ (Sub Soldiers)
Caspa ‘Terminator (Trolley Snatcher Remix)’ (Sub Soldiers Dub Plate)
Prodigy ‘Take Me To The Hospital (Rusko Remix)’ (Take Me To The Hospital)
TC ‘Where’s My Money (Caspa Remix)’ (D-Style)
Emalkay ‘Explicit’ (Dub Police)
Trolley Snatcher ‘Circles’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Skream ‘Metal Mouth’ (Tempa Dub Plate)
Emalkay ‘Battle Suit’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Prodigy ‘Warriors Dance (Benga Remix)’ (Take Me To The Hospital)
Search & Destroy ‘Day Break’ (Destructive)
Distance ‘Menace’ (Chestplate Dub Plate)
The Others ‘100 Dollar Bills’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Caspa ‘Ready Eddy’ (Sub Soldiers Dub Plate)
Matty G ‘Turf Warz’ (Dub Police Dub Plate)
Caspa Feat. Dynamite MC ‘The Takeover’ (Sub Soldiers / Fabric)
Grand Puba ‘Get It (Caspa’s 80Eighties Remix)’ (Scion / AV Project)
Caspa ‘They Like It Low’ (Dub Plate)
Vista ‘Poupee (J-Kenzo Remix)’ (Dub Plate)
Search & Destroy ‘Blue Mantra’ (Destructive)

Big thanks man!!!

If anyone wants the two disc version... shout out...

nbvwes
07-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Big thanks man!!!

two-disc? wha?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
07-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Big thanks man!!!

consider this a shout out my brotha

mittens4kittens
07-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah, shout out, this one needs to get burned and bumped in the ride...

zimmy1222
07-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Part 1

Essential_Mix_-_2009-07-11_-_Caspa--www.qrip.org Part 1 of 2.mp3 - 82.07MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/62585282dd491c37/)

Part 2

Essential_Mix_-_2009-07-11_-_Caspa--www.qrip.org Part 2 of 2.mp3 - 82.07MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/625866429a925e9e/)

Cheers!

Botrocker
07-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Best essential mix in a minute.

mittens4kittens
07-13-2009, 09:53 AM
big love zimmy!

ok, this thread is getting too cool, I've got to balance it out a little.

Enter Enter Shitkari.

kPS05Fbg84c

please, if you're checking out this music for the first time, listen to Caspa's mix and not this. please.

mittens4kittens
07-13-2009, 09:59 AM
double post, we've got to add Moderat to the list-
http://www.myspace.com/moderat

Modeselektor crushed it so hard last year, and I remember thinking at the time "these guys need to make more dubstep!" Definitely feeling the album.

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 02:43 PM
which track off the Caspa Essential Mix is the Caspa track with the KIDS samples? and i don't mean the Caspa's Ghost intro, later into the mix (around 1hour mark) with the KIDS sample 'all the bitches love me cause i'm fucking Caspa!'...

god i love that movie.

mittens4kittens
07-13-2009, 03:08 PM
That's his remix of Rusko's Cockney Thug- the original got played a couple times this year... He put that Kids sample in several of his earlier tunes.

Out of all those bangers I think my favorite track is honestly the LD remix of the Mungos HiFi tune... so lovely...

nbvwes
07-13-2009, 04:48 PM
ah, yes, thank you!

you also can't beat the best mix of 'Where's My Money' ever recorded..

higgybaby23
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Loving this Caspa Essential mix, I'm at the 1:30ish mark.

Has Skream done an Essential mix yet?

Also, any opinions on Starkey? I have yet to hear anything from him, but received the Trouble & Bass mix from Scion yesterday and it has a Starkey track.

mittens4kittens
07-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Yes, Skream has done an essential mix- you can download it here

http://passt.blogsport.de/2008/03/26/skream-the-essential-mix-on-bbc-radio-1-17062007/

His is much more a showcase of his own tracks than Caspa's, but then, he's prolific as fuck on the buttons so he has an enormous palette to chose from...

Starkey is a badman- he's playing with N-Type at Beta in Denver on August 7th... get his album on Planet Mu "Ephemeral Exhibits." It's on some whole other shit, he's definitely a very creative producer. He has actually composed classical music as well... very talented. In the top ten stateside cats without a doubt.

Young blood
07-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Yes, Skream has done an essential mix- you can download it here

http://passt.blogsport.de/2008/03/26/skream-the-essential-mix-on-bbc-radio-1-17062007/

As for Starkey, he's a fuckin badman- he's playing with N-Type at Beta in Denver on August 7th... get his album on Planet Mu "Ephemeral Exhibits." It's on some whole other shit, he's definitely a very creative producer. He has actually composed classical music as well... very talented. In the top ten stateside cats without a doubt.

You been to beta yet? Its my second home, I cannot believe the talent they have pulled in the last 2 years. The sound system is insane. I saw Subvert (check him out dirt nap mix/speaker humper) a few months back I could feel the bass in my eye balls

higgybaby23
07-14-2009, 03:44 PM
This thread has made my shitty week ever so better. Thanks everybody. Downloading Skream's essential mix now. *rubs hands in greedy manner*

mittens4kittens
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
You been to beta yet? Its my second home, I cannot believe the talent they have pulled in the last 2 years. The sound system is insane. I saw Subvert (check him out dirt nap mix/speaker humper) a few months back I could feel the bass in my eye balls

Dude... best sound in my region by LIGHTYEARS. I missed Digweed there last November unfortunately, but I DID get to see Hatcha... he was the first big dubstep DJ I'd ever seen, and I was completely transformed.

Beta has a Funktion one, a COMPLETE Funktion one, one stack in each corner... each stack has two 22's... that's 8 fucking 22's in a perfectly sound reinforced room. Not to mention the fact that the mids and highs are about as crisp and clean as you will ever find.

It's funny you mention the eyeball thing- my friend went up there last weekend for the Dirty Bird party and said the EXACT same thing :) He spoke with the sound engineer and found out that they spent about 900 thousand dollars installing that system and acousticly reinforcing the building. That club was designed for that system, and vice versa. Dude they only run it at 55%. When they installed it they tested it and pushed it to 85%- they broke enough windows on the surrounding blocks that they figured it was good. No kidding!

Young blood
07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
The pool party!

I saw Propa Tings on Friday that show was fun stuff.

The Funktion one is incredible. Beta won best club in the world or some shit at wmc this year. The guy that owns belly up is the investor in the Funktion one and the club, big baller.

mittens4kittens
07-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Skream's La Roux remix just went gold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mistajam/2009/07/14/Skream_blog.jpg

That's 400,000+ sales... huge.

Botrocker
07-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Skream's La Roux remix just went gold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mistajam/2009/07/14/Skream_blog.jpg

That's 400,000+ sales... huge.

That tracks a banger!

mittens4kittens
07-16-2009, 10:29 AM
won't be his last if he plays his cards right... That tune was available online for free at one point and it STILL sold nearly half a million copies...

higgybaby23
07-16-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm about half way through the essential Skream mix. Wonderful stuff, especially considering it was recorded in 07.

Today I ordered Starkey's Ephemeral Exhibits on wax. Looking forward to giving it a spin.

The Trouble & Bass Scion comp is great. Pick it up if you have the means.

jusbcus25
07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
He gets booked a lot and is consistently good- he's built a pretty sizable fanbase over the years. The "art of revolution" single is selling real well right now...

Are you still in Albuquerque jusbcus?

No I only lived in ABQ for a short while and went to LBJ middle school, but I grew up in Las Cruces and live in Tucson now. I used to go to ABQ, SF, and Taos all the time though. I used to go to the Natural Selection parties and the TeeBee show was one of the best sets I've ever seen. The dirty beats tour with Rap and DSl at the sound factory and Bad Company with DSl at the sunshine theater were both favorites of mine. The Junebug parties are always magical too, the one in diablo canyon was so cool. I know quite a few people out there still, but haven't talked to alot of people in years. Do you know Ender from Taos?

jusbcus25
07-21-2009, 09:32 PM
London Elektricity live
futurebound
Zinc
Ray Keith
Trace

would all be major acts on the lineup.

SDsoldier7
07-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Ed Solo breakin it down:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JRKxlpDZ2E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JRKxlpDZ2E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mittens4kittens
07-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Silkie's album is blowing my mind!!!

JZfKRvvDUhI

5W6qtqma85c

UYRvvIPESdU

gNPYw7MLH5E

higgybaby23
07-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Mittens, YOU are blowing my mind! Keep the bass music coming!!

Now I have to find that Silkie album. Great stuff from listening to what you posted and I checked out his myspace as well.

zimmy1222
07-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Mittens, YOU are blowing my mind! Keep the bass music coming!!

Now I have to find that Silkie album. Great stuff from listening to what you posted and I checked out his myspace as well.

if you torrent.. i gotcha...

higgybaby23
07-24-2009, 02:42 PM
if you torrent.. i gotcha...

Thanks for the thought, but my only downloading occurs at work....so no torrents.

marooko
07-24-2009, 03:01 PM
is this thread about break beat science-esq music, or florida booty bass music? cause if its the latter, im down.

zenidogx
07-24-2009, 03:06 PM
f2Rc8e_gTDA

SDsoldier7
07-25-2009, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=mittens4kittens;1281279]Yes, Skream has done an essential mix- you can download it here

His is much more a showcase of his own tracks than Caspa's, but then, he's prolific as fuck on the buttons so he has an enormous palette to chose from...
QUOTE]

this mix is fuckin bad ass. anyone know what track that is 38minutes into the mix?

mittens4kittens
07-25-2009, 05:06 PM
this mix is fuckin bad ass. anyone know what track that is 38minutes into the mix?

That's Anti-Tapped, it's Skream's dubplate remix of Mala's "Anti-war Dub." The tune at like 38:45 is Mala's "Alicia." Huge bootleg of Alicia Keys.

Marooko- Bass music, as the term is being used in this thread, primarily means drum and bass and dubstep, but can also include breaks, miami bass, or any other bass heavy sound.

As for the torrent business, if you guys like Silkie you should really try to buy City Limits, Deep Medi is Mala's label and they worked really, really hard to get this album out just the way they wanted it- your support is greatly appreciated.

SDsoldier7
07-26-2009, 12:09 PM
@marooko ha, is florida bass booty a real genre?

@mittens werd, thanks. i was talking about that alicia keys bootleg. that track is just straight nasty.

ill peep city limits once i get done with this skream mix. jah mon.

SDsoldier7
07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
have you guys checked out bassnectars new one? free for download on his site:

www.bassnectar.net

i listened to it like 7 times in a row ;)

redthreat
07-28-2009, 08:54 AM
if they booked joker i would be super happy, but they are never that ahead of the curve when it comes to larger tents.

JOKER FOR LATE NIGHT DOME PLZ

Young blood
07-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Dear mittens4kittens,

September 25 Fri- SKREAM and Mary Anne - Cervantes
September 26 Sat- Caspa- Quioxtes
2 Day Tickets $30....
Full Event Info Coming Soon...

joppy-slow
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Drum and Bass:
High Contrast
Grooverider
Logistics
Commix
Danny Byrd
Random Movement
Kubiks and Lomax
Brookes Brothers

Logisitics = great pick.. would definitely love to see.

It's sad that Coachella is straying away from DnB, I would also love to see some Dub Step artists in the Sahara next year. People will dance to it and love it..

higgybaby23
07-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Dear mittens4kittens,

September 25 Fri- SKREAM and Mary Anne - Cervantes
September 26 Sat- Caspa- Quioxtes
2 Day Tickets $30....
Full Event Info Coming Soon...

You lucky bastards.

I'm seething with jealousy.

Sincerely hope it's a blast.

rage patton
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Primus.

nbvcide
07-30-2009, 03:25 PM
LOL

...but YES!

mittens4kittens
08-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Yes, with Tim Alexander!

The Denver show is going to be nuts, I have to see Skream, I wish he was playing at Beta instead but it will still be insane...

oyeloca
08-02-2009, 04:23 PM
caspa
dz

Young blood
08-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Yes, with Tim Alexander!

The Denver show is going to be nuts, I have to see Skream, I wish he was playing at Beta instead but it will still be insane...

At Cervantes they are very liberal on the smoke.

This weekend....

http://www.unnet.net/events/flyers/4155/flyer1.jpg

BASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Then next weekend NASA and MiMosA.

Young blood
08-03-2009, 02:45 PM
kid606 new mixtape.

http://soundcloud.com/tigerbeat6/on-a-ragga-dubstep-techno-rave-soca-tip
The tracklist is below.

1. Dolby Anol - Sandy Bitches Intro
2. aXXo - Thugg Stepp Empress
3. Stagga - Lopside
4. Kid606 - Monsters (Cardopusher Remix)
5. AGT - U Shop We Drop
6. Tribe of Issachar - Junglist
7. Stagga feat Stamma - Sick as Sin
8. Magnum38 - Suffer
9. Keri Hilson ft. Lil Wayne - Turnin Me On (Instrumental)
10. DJ Technics - Ho's Stomp Your Feet
11. Bombaman - Rearend
12. Bruce Stallion - Black Rims (Ebola RMX)
13. Trevor Loveys & Shab Ruffcut - Love & Change (Raffertie Remix)
14. Little Jinder - Polyhedron (Supra1 RMX / DTL Edit)
15. Cutty Ranks - Limb by Limb (DJ SS remix)
16. Drop the Lime - Rocker Party
17. Ghislain Poirier ft. Mr. Slaughter - Get Crazy
18. Silverlink ft. Jammer & Badness - The Message is Love
19. Drop the Lime - Bad Girlz
20. Soundmurderer - Big Time
21. Starski and Clutch - Drive Through Jit
22. Mike Ink - Unsweet Sixteen
23. Knifehandchop - Tizzy Tixbown Riddim
24. Indigo Mews - Drone
25. Petey Pablo/Rusko/ClaudeVonStroke - Tell Em It's On (The 6M$KID Edit)
26. King of the Jungle (DJ Dextrous & MC Rude Boy Keith) - Salute the King
27. Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
28. Ini Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper (Booyaka Remix)

mittens4kittens
08-03-2009, 04:01 PM
At Cervantes they are very liberal on the smoke.

Yeah- at Rusko the pizza guy in the back blazed me down while I was waiting on my slice :) Whatta country!

Then next weekend NASA and MiMosA.

DOOOD you must check Mimosa- I played at an outdoor in Taos this weekend, finished just in time to check him out- it was SO thick. I was actually in my tent with some friends about to chill for a minute and I heard "when I look at you" and I jumped up all OH MY GOD HE HAS THIS I HAVE TO GO DANCE I LOVE YOU GUYS and I could barely get the tent door open... ran over to the stage and was front and center for the rest of his set, he finished it out with the Nero remix of The Streets' "Blinded By The Light"... so amazing under the stars. Very friendly as well.

See you in September bruv :) We will definitely coordinate as things get closer.

Young blood
08-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah- at Rusko the pizza guy in the back blazed me down while I was waiting on my slice :) Whatta country!

DOOOD you must check Mimosa- I played at an outdoor in Taos this weekend, finished just in time to check him out- it was SO thick. I was actually in my tent with some friends about to chill for a minute and I heard "when I look at you" and I jumped up all OH MY GOD HE HAS THIS I HAVE TO GO DANCE I LOVE YOU GUYS and I could barely get the tent door open... ran over to the stage and was front and center for the rest of his set, he finished it out with the Nero remix of The Streets' "Blinded By The Light"... so amazing under the stars. Very friendly as well.

See you in September bruv :) We will definitely coordinate as things get closer.

I have seen Mimosa twice now. Once with Heyoka (check this dude out) Its Always a treat. Are you doing the family moons campout 12? Jantsen!

Most defiantly a meet up in store.

mittens4kittens
08-03-2009, 05:35 PM
I have seen Mimosa twice now. Once with Heyoka (check this dude out) Its Always a treat. Are you doing the family moons campout 12? Jantsen!

You mean this one?
http://familymoons.com/portal/data/upimages/raja/1248199414.jpg

Look down at the bottom! WOOHOO!!!!! So stoked....

Young blood
08-03-2009, 06:11 PM
hahahaha NO WAI! thats awesome! have fun.

zimmy1222
08-03-2009, 10:52 PM

Who are you, where do you live, and why haven't we hung out yet...

those three at one party would stun a crowd...

big ups to your taste.

mittens4kittens
08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Yeah man I can't believe they will be in the same place at roughly the same time... I really don't even know how I will be able to handle Caspa after Skream and MAH the night before...

As for taste, thanks man. I just feel like this is the most exciting, incredible music being made at the moment, and I want to share it with the people who haven't heard it yet. Especially those who like to dance!

rage patton
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Yes, with Tim Alexander!

I believe all Primus shows from now on, unless otherwise stated, will feature Tim Alexander.

mittens4kittens
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
word he kicks brain's ass.

crazzz2007
08-04-2009, 07:31 PM
I just feel like this is the most exciting, incredible music being made at the moment, and I want to share it with the people who haven't heard it yet.

double lulz

nbvcide
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM
kid606 new mixtape.

http://soundcloud.com/tigerbeat6/on-a-ragga-dubstep-techno-rave-soca-tip
The tracklist is below.

1. Dolby Anol - Sandy Bitches Intro
2. aXXo - Thugg Stepp Empress
3. Stagga - Lopside
4. Kid606 - Monsters (Cardopusher Remix)
5. AGT - U Shop We Drop
6. Tribe of Issachar - Junglist
7. Stagga feat Stamma - Sick as Sin
8. Magnum38 - Suffer
9. Keri Hilson ft. Lil Wayne - Turnin Me On (Instrumental)
10. DJ Technics - Ho's Stomp Your Feet
11. Bombaman - Rearend
12. Bruce Stallion - Black Rims (Ebola RMX)
13. Trevor Loveys & Shab Ruffcut - Love & Change (Raffertie Remix)
14. Little Jinder - Polyhedron (Supra1 RMX / DTL Edit)
15. Cutty Ranks - Limb by Limb (DJ SS remix)
16. Drop the Lime - Rocker Party
17. Ghislain Poirier ft. Mr. Slaughter - Get Crazy
18. Silverlink ft. Jammer & Badness - The Message is Love
19. Drop the Lime - Bad Girlz
20. Soundmurderer - Big Time
21. Starski and Clutch - Drive Through Jit
22. Mike Ink - Unsweet Sixteen
23. Knifehandchop - Tizzy Tixbown Riddim
24. Indigo Mews - Drone
25. Petey Pablo/Rusko/ClaudeVonStroke - Tell Em It's On (The 6M$KID Edit)
26. King of the Jungle (DJ Dextrous & MC Rude Boy Keith) - Salute the King
27. Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
28. Ini Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper (Booyaka Remix)

one of the best openings to a mix i've heard in quite awhile!! hahahahaha

LOVE the clip from the Dazed & Confused movie

zimmy1222
08-13-2009, 01:44 AM
For all your wobbly needs:

http://dubstepforum.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Enjoy :)

redthreat
08-13-2009, 08:32 AM
bassnectar murdered the dance stage at lolla this past weekend. absolute murder. closest thing to a satanic ritual that i've seen all summer. people were getting naked and biting eachother. it was fucking awesome.

mittens4kittens
08-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Zapper was so sick last night... best live PA I've seen.

zimmy1222
08-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Akira Kiteshi .... fuuuuck yea...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6l0MryeGkTU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6l0MryeGkTU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He'll be in SF on 9/11/09... playin with the likes of Tipper, Mary Anne Hobbs, and Nosaj Thing...

But this guy should be in the sahara... Japanese Dubstep... ugh.

mittens4kittens
08-25-2009, 06:35 PM
But this guy should be in the sahara... Japanese Dubstep... ugh.

Safe, check out Goth Trad!

Kito just raised the bar with her guest mix for Skream's Rinse FM show Stella Sessions- honestly if you only DL one link in this thread make it this one, just amazing...

http://dnbshare.com/download/StellaSessionwithGuestKITO19_08_2009-RinseFM.mp3.html

TL:
1. Vaccine - Fever (Kito Remix) [Forthcoming Disfigured Dubz]
2. DJ MADD - So Far Away [Dub]
3. Kito - Don't Wanna Lose You [Forthcoming Disfigured Dubz]
4. TRG - Siberian Poker [Dub]
5. Kito featuring Reija Lee - LFO [Forthcoming Disfigured Dubz]
6. Primary 1 - Outside (Kito Remix) [Dub]
7. Kito - On The Floor [Forthcoming Disfigured Dubz]
8. dBridge - Lower Ohm [Dub]
9. The Dead Weather - Cut Like A Buffalo (Skream Remix)
10. Nextmen ft Ms Dynamite - Lions Den (Truth remix) [Sanctuary Records]
11. Jaybird - Work Dat Box [Kraken Recordings]
12. Parma Violet - Skittles [Dub]
13. DJ MADD - Someone (Breakage RMX) [Dub]
14. Rusko - Bionic Commando Remix
15. Joker - Taste The Rainbow [Dub]
16. Starkey - Murderous Words [Dub]
17. Kito - Cold [Disfigured Dubz]
18. Basement Jaxx - Raindrops (Joker & Ginz Remix) [XL Recordings]
19. Skream - Fields Of Emotion [Dub]
20. Phetsta - Dance All Night [Dub]
21. Turboweekend - Something or Nothing (JKamata and 2000F Remix) VIP

Skream plays some nice bits too, her mix comes in after about 30

mittens4kittens
09-02-2009, 12:22 PM
High Contrast @ Frequency- wikkkkid

http://dnbshare.com/download/HighContrast-Live_FrequencyFestival_20-08-2009_.mp3.html

jusbcus25
09-02-2009, 07:03 PM
High Contrast @ Frequency- wikkkkid

http://dnbshare.com/download/HighContrast-Live_FrequencyFestival_20-08-2009_.mp3.html

downloading now, thanks for sharing. I love DnBshare, alot of dubstep is on there now too.

zimmy1222
09-02-2009, 08:13 PM
http://dnbshare.com/download/StellaSessionwithGuestKITO19_08_2009-RinseFM.mp3.html

So much chatter... Skream's probably fucked up like he always is when he spins...

unknown
09-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Just snagged that High Contrast, thanks.

The Goldie vid totally reminded me of a song that needs to be identified. Mittens (and anyone else that knows dnb) - do you have ANY idea what this song is? - old school (at least 1999) track sampling O Fortuna heavily and it is a jungle remix, it is not the Apotheosis remix. I've only heard it on 1 mixtape that I got in 99 at some rave in Pomona by.... Diskore. who knows, it may have just been the sample over some basslines I'll never hear again. I've even emailed Diskore to send me the mix and that's been lagging for a few years now.

I'd love to see some real drum n bass at Coachella though. Technical Itch would be the best but it'll never happen, TeeBee, High Contrast, Andy C with no rewinds (ok maybe 1 or 2), Noisia, Hype, Craze - just no live pendulum, please.

mittens4kittens
09-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Craze will be there for sure! Him and Klever missed their flight this year, so they'll be making up their performance in 2010. In other news, Craze was actually in Denver this weekend- saw him inside the venue at the Skream show.

People, if GV puts Skream in the Sahara next year, that place will never be the same, and neither will any of you.

I don't even want to talk about it.

higgybaby23
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Craze will be there for sure! Him and Klever missed their flight this year, so they'll be making up their performance in 2010. In other news, Craze was actually in Denver this weekend- saw him inside the venue at the Skream show.

People, if GV puts Skream in the Sahara next year, that place will never be the same, and neither will any of you.

I don't even want to talk about it.

Come on, you can't dish like that and not let us in on what you witnessed.

mittens4kittens
09-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I witnessed a master of his craft.

I won't say that it was the best show I've ever seen. But it was absolutely the best DJ performance I've ever seen.

He only played for about an hour forty five, but I was completely transported. Skream is a very prolific producer, and he took us on a journey into his world. There were many tracks from other people, but for the most part it was all him. I'm very familiar with his discography, and I'd say at least 35% of the tunes he played I'd never heard before. Dubplate specials that don't even get put into mixes or played on the radio- saved strictly for the live performance. He played some of my favorite older bits like Wobble That Gut, and showed us some of the forthcoming bits off his next album. Unlike a lot of "dubstep" that's all about the midrange wobble assualt, Skream's music is simultaneously hard as fuck, psychedelic, deep, and beautiful. He took us into the jungle and back, played my favorite halftime tune from Instra:Mental (Watching You)... I danced with my girlfriend and sang along with her... The entire floor, from the back to the front, as well as the balcony upstairs, was in the palm of his hand. No one was standing still or looking bored. At one point I found myself front and center as the intro to If You Know blended in, and I was standing next to one of my New Mexico brethren, one who's a particularly good dancer. He's a jump-up DnB head, and still developing his palette for dubstep. He was completely submerged in the sound, and I told him to get ready, that I was going to hit him when this one dropped. I pushed his chest with both hands when the moment came, and we opened up a pocket in the dance floor, and just lost it... by the time the first "give it to me now now" came in everyone around us had been taken back to the future, to a world where moving to the music is all you need to live...

If I keep trying to convey my experience at this show, I'll sound like even more of a tard, so I will just say that Skream is a badman, full stop. His music has only gotten better and better and he is a juggernaut DJ, such an excellent reader of the crowd... To see him in the Sahara would be religious to say the least.

Young blood
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Its was really fun. One of the best shows in long time. A little over packed though, you could see it coming when the fight broke out.

Young blood
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
You coming back for the Rusko/panty raid/random rab show?

mittens4kittens
09-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I felt like the size of the crowd was just right- did you go the second night? That shit was ridiculous... could hardly breathe in there. Cervantes is definitely the superior venue- that balcony with those couches was so pimp... I never had a hard time moving around or getting to the front on Friday, and it never got too hot. I couldn't believe those choads started fighting while Mary Anne was playing- I was on my way outside to smoke when it started. I ineffectually yelled "stop that!" a couple times before going out, and then they sealed the place up! They wouldn't let anyone in for like ten minutes, and the door guy was like "I don't care if you stay out here all fucking night." Thank god they got it sorted and opened back up- literally as Filth is dropping! I straight ran to the front and just started skankin... forgot all about the fight right quick!

Young blood
09-28-2009, 11:53 AM
I didnt go the second night. Im just amazed how large dubstep has become. There is no reason for fights to break out. The set-up was really awesome and the turbosound rig brought the bass. It was awesome to see everyone movin' and dancing.

Im pissed I didnt get to talk to craze. I think they moved the party over from Beta.

mittens4kittens
09-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Nah, can't make it for Rusko. I'd love to, but I went all out for this one. Gonna need to wait a bit... besides, I'm over quixotes, after seeing Cervantes. And truthfully, as much as I love the one Rusky Banton, he's got nothing on Skream... I'm pretty much ruined for a while, nothing is going to even come close.

Young blood
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Truth about Skream. I guess it is much easier for me being Denver.

mittens4kittens
09-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I didnt go the second night. Im just amazed how large dubstep has become.

If you thought the first night was too crowded, you would have hated it. I was already only at like 70% physically from the night before, and it was a struggle. No room to dance, wriggling your way to the bathroom, hot as fuck and smoky too... horrible, really. Caspa was sick but it wasn't enough for me to transcend the discomfort... he played a lot of the stuff from the essential mix, sometimes two or three tracks mixed exactly like they were on the BBC... kind of surprising, honestly. He showcased a ton of different artists, and rinsed very rapidly, so it was a completely different style of performance than Skream... I know I would have enjoyed it much more if the venue hadn't been so packed, or if they had just moved it next door. Me and my chick went apeshit though when he played Metal Mouth- I hoping he would since Skream didn't. One of the funest moments I had that night actually was when Zeno played Noah D's "Bassman" toward the end of the night... more than half the people had left and you could breathe and move again. That tune is really special to me- so sick to hear it on that Turbo Sound!

They were both really nice. I had a fucking great weekend! I got to ask Caspa "ya ave a license fah dem dubs?" and Skream called me "bruv." I'm an authentic dubstepper! :cheese:

zimmy1222
09-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Caspa was sick but it wasn't enough for me to transcend the discomfort... he played a lot of the stuff from the essential mix, sometimes two or three tracks mixed exactly like they were on the BBC... kind of surprising, honestly.

He did this at ********* also... It was a little disappointing since I practically have the BBC mix tracklist memorized by now... I guess he just thinks that pressing play is good enough considering the producer he is. Either way, it was fun. He probably just realizes that doing the minimum is good enough for us Americans. I don't really blame him. Makes me wish I lived in London sometimes though.

You Colorado folk have got Bassnectar comin' through to The Fillmore in a few months.. Jealously, was my first thought.

higgybaby23
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Anybody give this a listen? --->

http://www.plong.com/MusicCatalog%5CS%5CSkream%20-%20Burning%20Up%20(EP)%5CSkream%20-%20Burning%20Up%20(EP).jpg

zimmy1222
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Anybody give this a listen? --->

http://www.plong.com/MusicCatalog%5CS%5CSkream%20-%20Burning%20Up%20(EP)%5CSkream%20-%20Burning%20Up%20(EP).jpg

I dig this EP!

Burning up is fucking dope, I love when dubstep djs let their roots show...

And Memories of 3rd Base is straight griiiiime.... I get that bassface expression when I listen to it. : )

mittens4kittens
09-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Honestly when I first heard Burning Up I thought it was kind of lame- turns out it was because I was listening to it at home on my computer by myself. That tune on a proper system in a thick dancefloor is straight fire. Me and my girl call Memories of 3rd Bass "The Banshee Song" cause of that weird-ass sound...

Digital Soundboy is a top notch label for sure.

I can't stress this enough GV- if you bring one dubstep artist next year, please don't fuck around. Bring Skream.

orbit
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Im just amazed how large dubstep has become.

the ny times just discovered it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/22/arts/music/22hobbs.htm?_r=1

Cap That Foo
09-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Just saw Rusko and Skream at Nocturnal Festival it was beautiful....

orbit
09-28-2009, 08:37 PM
i was listening the gaslamp killer's mix for low end theory (podcast here) (http://www.lowendtheoryclub.com/podcast/episode7_gaslampkiller_maryannehobbs.mp3). nice sounds there.

also, you all should check out mount kimbie.

mittens4kittens
09-30-2009, 07:44 AM
yeah mount kimbie ftw! way to rep the talent scuba

mittens4kittens
10-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I know GV likes to bring peeps who make big tunes. This was undoubtedly the tune of the summer-

CJ6qIFQ6L5w

Big up Emalkay!

crazzz2007
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM
the ny times just discovered it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/22/arts/music/22hobbs.htm?_r=1

great. this means dubstep has peaked. thank goodness.

crazzz2007
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
yeah mount kimbie ftw! way to rep the talent scuba

you sound like a Juggalo

higgybaby23
10-06-2009, 01:29 PM
The new Hyperdub comp is good, although I've only been able to listen to a handful of tracks so far.

mittens4kittens
10-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Skream just gave away this Chromeo remix- enjoy

http://www.xlr8r.com/mp3/2009/10/night-night-skream-remix

zimmy1222
10-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I know GV likes to bring peeps who make big tunes. This was undoubtedly the tune of the summer-

CJ6qIFQ6L5w

Big up Emalkay!

You are correct about that one... heard this track being dropped everywherrrrrre... including the forest @ *********.

Young blood
10-20-2009, 04:31 PM
RE:CONVERGENCE
2 Nights at Cervantes and Quixotes

Boombox (2 Nights)
Ana Sia (2 Nights)
Bluetech
Brainfeeder (SamIyam & Lorn)
Sexytime (Mimosa & Sleepyhead)
Lazer Sword
Megasoid (Sixtoo)
Blockhead (Ninja Tune)
Eskmo (Warp)
Two Fresh (1320)
Evol Intent Live (AJ, Knick, Gigantor)
Dave Seied myspace.com/seied
DJ Rootz
Fresh2Death (Fisk & Samples)
Octopus Nebula
Grown Folks

Limited amount of 2 Day Passes Available Now for $30
Advance $20 // Doors $25
18+

Young blood
10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Also anyone in Denver the night before tanksgivins nov25th

ill gates
vibesquad
jansten
and others on the funktion1 @ beta be ready.

Jremy
10-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Denver say WHAT!
We've been blessed the past few weeks.
Were any of you 303 peeps at Cosmic Conciousness this past weekend?

Wheres the beef?
10-20-2009, 05:10 PM

fa sho!

Can I get a re-up on this?

Young blood
10-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Denver say WHAT!
We've been blessed the past few weeks.
Were any of you 303 peeps at Cosmic Conciousness this past weekend?

I went and hate to say I fucking hate city hall/2am its too cramped and is a shithole, but the beats were off the hook.

zimmy1222
10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Can I get a re-up on this?

here's all his stuff...

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=134499395&blogId=512424994

the one mix that was on that link is called Dubstep perspective.

EDIT: it's called 2008 Dubstep Retrospective

Direct Link: http://www.zshare.net/audio/64270874873c5401/

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
10-20-2009, 07:31 PM
new list of mine:

DnB:

Commix
Rascal & Klone
High Contrast
Noisia
Omni Trio
Shy Fx
Danny Byrd
Brookes Brothers
Shock One

Dubstep:

Caspa
Skream
Benga
Bassnectar
Jantsen (semi counts as dub)
Emalkay
Bar 9
Rusko
Burial
Loefah

Donaldj
10-20-2009, 07:34 PM
new list of mine:

DnB:

Commix
High Contrast
Noisia
Danny Byrd
Brookes Brothers

Dubstep:

Caspa
Skream
Benga
Bassnectar
Rusko
Burial

:thu

zimmy1222
10-20-2009, 07:35 PM
you don't like Loefah?!?! .... :nono

zimmy1222
10-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Jantsen (semi counts as dub)

Jantsen is the shit... i've been listening to him for years and the first time i got to see him was a couple months ago.... he's a lot of fun.

Young blood
11-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Kraddy and Marty Party Nov 21st $12 club vinyl.1pLfjCY9h5I

Sub.mission Dubstep & Sonic Bloom Presents:
Excision, Beats Antique, LYNX & Janover, & Widdler
Friday, December 11, 2009 · Doors: 8pm · Cervantes
Advance: $17.00 · Day of Show: $20.00

righteousdnk
11-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Wanted to tell everyone that Bassnectar on Halloween was absolutely insane. The Fillmore was an excellent venue, great sound, tons of space, awesome lights, and nice security for the most part. RJD2 played great and got to play longer than planned since everyone still hadn't got into the Fillmore yet. Even though it was sold out, there was a lot of room. They had balcony's and seats but only sold out the dance floor so all the people at the bar/sitting made the floor extremely roomie. Bassnectar played for 2.5 hours and shook the place the entire time. The floor was literally shaking the entire time from the people and bass. Some highlights were definitely his Pixies remix, Smashing Pumpkins, and Cozza Frenzy. The Fillmore went off when that song was played. Great time, great people, fun costumes, and all the bass you could handle.

firesuite
11-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Starkey.
Floating Points.
Nosaj Thing.
Bassnectar (yes, again).
Rustie.
Modeselektor (yes, again).

Put em all at one stage in a row and I'm not sure anything would be able to pull me away.

Except of course Boards of Canada covering MJ, obviously.

Jremy
12-16-2009, 08:34 PM
I redact any previous statement of mine and replace it with :

EXCISION

ldobbie
12-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Joker and Ginz would be crazy in the dome or gobi.. Digidesign, Stash, Purple City, etc, they pretty much just make fire

PeterB
12-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Definetly Spor. Awesome set at Sinosz Sportcsarnok, Budapest, N.Y. 2009. Very respectful dnb producer and DJ.

ldobbie
12-17-2009, 01:56 AM
some evidence as to Joker's awesomeness..

http://www.myspace.com/thejokerproductions

wouldn't go over well in the sahara but please please in the Gobi at least

realistically though if he shows up it'll be in the dome

psychoc&ndy
12-17-2009, 04:52 AM
headhunter
synkro
distance
el-b
RSD
F
Floating Points
Bok Bok
SBTRKT
Falty DL
boxcutter
Kryptic Minds
Loefah
modeselektor
apparat
shackleton

thedevious
12-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Joker for shits sake, let's make this Coachella purple as fuck!

mittens4kittens
12-17-2009, 04:33 PM
wouldn't go over well in the sahara

BBMe6ILp0NY

nonsense!

Joker for shits sake, let's make this Coachella purple as fuck!

the only man who could make it purpler is Prince, and we just got him...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
i cant remember what my original list was so im going to make a new one

Dubstep:

Emalkay
Giant
Excision
Mala
16bit
Benga
Skream
Datsik
Bar9
Caspa

Drum and Bass:

Commix
London Elektricity
Brookes Brothers
Noisia
Shy Fx
TC
Danny Byrd
Rascal & Klone

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-17-2009, 05:34 PM
I redact any previous statement of mine and replace it with :

EXCISION

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

weezy f baby
12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Rusko
Benga
Bassnectar

I'd be content with that... for starters.

nbvcide
12-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Nero
Proxy
Fake Blood
Jack Beats
TC
Chase & Status
Rusko
Benga
Caspa

Daft Fro
12-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Phace...srsly.... (touring North America middle of March...so probably unlikely...)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sl54kbspa2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sl54kbspa2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXsP5dyO9EA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RXsP5dyO9EA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2hWrxfuzwjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2hWrxfuzwjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNbE85EYXsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNbE85EYXsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4w2AToa6fW0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4w2AToa6fW0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mega wish list

DnB
Phace
Noisia
Spor
Subscape
DJ Fresh
High Contrast
Logistics
London Elektricity
Sub Focus
Xample
Nero
Gridlok
Evol Intent

Glitch & Misc.
Hudson Mohawke
Mimosa
Sleepyhead
Marty Party
Random Rab
PANTyRAiD (Marty Party + Ooah)
SexyTime (Sleepyhead + Mimosa)
Lazer Sword
An-Ten-Nae
VibeSquad
S.P.E.C.T.R.E.
Pressha
Kether
MiHKAL
Heyoka
Eskmo
Mono/Poly
Alex B
Nobody
Nosaj Thing
Jon Hopkins
Hecq
Rival Consoles
Jega
Autechre
Squarepusher
Venetian Snares
µ-Ziq

Dubstep
Mala
Benga
Datsik
Excision
Joker
Caspa
Skream
Rusko
DFRNT
Boxcutter
MRK1
Plastician
16bit
Emalkay
Babylon System
Ana Sia
Reso
Ramadanman
N-Type
Martyn
Trip Addict
Zajko
Distance
King Cannibal

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Daft Fro that list is optimal.

much respect man

mittens4kittens
12-18-2009, 02:04 PM
I would love to see what someone like Martyn could do with the Sahara...

7lzI2QdqWZo

pachucasunrise
12-18-2009, 05:54 PM
How bout some Venetian Snares?

Daft Fro
12-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Venetian Snares would freak people out. Which would be awesome :thu. Some Autechre, µ-Ziq, Wisp, and Squarepusher would be good too while we're at it.

Forgot Distance & King Cannibal too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvbrovEDXKE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvbrovEDXKE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uObs0npspj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uObs0npspj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zimmy1222
12-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Joker, Mala, Bassnectar.

That's all I really care about. And Martyn, very fresh.

Maybe some Evol Intent or Noisia as well.

T-REV
12-19-2009, 01:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgrOD4PZzuY

Jremy
12-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Daft Fro that list is optimal.

much respect man

Word up to that.

mittens4kittens
12-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Forgot Distance

don't forget him!

he and Pinch are Deleted Scenes, some of my favorite darker stuff as of late
mOmbYxgv-f8

Daft Fro
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Eprom (sf, cali)
30min mixtape @ http://www.eprommusic.com/

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I-VmcwCfGE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I-VmcwCfGE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Eskmo (sf, cali)
couple mixes @ http://www.eskmo.com/music.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/03HthnW_des&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/03HthnW_des&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mochipet (daly city, cali)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCeIW_NsL84&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCeIW_NsL84&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1prw8TMChMU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1prw8TMChMU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Milanese (UK)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OU2W49KHEI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OU2W49KHEI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jazzsteppa (UK)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOtm7zBh-fk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOtm7zBh-fk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/voj0a6V3xWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/voj0a6V3xWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

collabs:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6CCUydyd7X8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6CCUydyd7X8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1i-tY3J0zk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1i-tY3J0zk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mittens4kittens
12-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I am super hooked on Untold right now!

S_HbEuFBls4

MARqtqO2sn4

sZiqpDZ6UKw

ac6xJI7uwMA

fun fun fun

Cap That Foo
12-20-2009, 11:13 PM
DIRTYPHONICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Live set!

Jungle Juice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZjUMQdmpas

Quarks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfFGcnXBoE

Jremy
12-21-2009, 01:00 AM
oh hellz yea Mochipet!
I've also been enjoying An-ten-nae lately.

juloxx
12-21-2009, 03:32 AM
This is the illest bass music I want to see.

Bass on this > Doper than most of ur shit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kg09uPwtSGA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kg09uPwtSGA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mittens4kittens
12-21-2009, 08:11 AM
DIRTYPHONICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Live set!

Jungle Juice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZjUMQdmpas

Quarks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfFGcnXBoE

YES

they've been crushing it this year!

Young blood
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM
CHRISTIAN MARTIN, Bil Bless, this weekend was one of the best bass shows of the year.

Bil bless is incredible.

Changoloco
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM

DnB:

Breakage
Klute
Mistabishi
Noisia
Spor
Marcus Visionary
Calibre
High Contrast
Chase and Status
Logistics

Dubstep:

N-Type
Distance
Mala
Skream
Tes La Rok
Martyn
Scuba
Joker
Untold
Noah D

One problem with this, you only mentioned D-N-B and Dumb-Step.

Changoloco
12-21-2009, 01:44 PM
On a related note, did anyone hear about Mimosa's shenanigans in Denver last week? Apparentely he got pissed and threw all of his equipment at the crowd. True story, a friend of mine was opening for him that night.

Young blood
12-21-2009, 02:25 PM
On a related note, did anyone hear about Mimosa's shenanigans in Denver last week? Apparentely he got pissed and threw all of his equipment at the crowd. True story, a friend of mine was opening for him that night.

Wrong and wrong again.

runbowsky
12-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Outkast > *

nbvcide
12-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Primus

mittens4kittens
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Dumb-Step.

Rofl bruv quite clever. lmfao.

Jremy
12-21-2009, 09:05 PM

oh yeah, that was right after he put on a dress and played Tiesto.

gracewhyy
12-23-2009, 03:44 AM
it would be dope to see skream and rusko at COACHELLLAA

mittens4kittens
01-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Martyn on the next Fabric live mix! Gonna be headdy

http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/FABRIC_MARTYN_PACK.jpg

weezy f baby
01-05-2010, 05:59 PM
it would be dope to see skream and rusko at COACHELLLAA

Rusko is rumored to play. However, since the guy who is running the "rumored/confirmed" post proly doesn't know who rusko is, he won't post it. But lock it. Rusko is playing.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
^ evidence?

I'd love to see Rusko play, but carn mate, anyone can talk.

Changoloco
01-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Wrong and wrong again.

How so? The friend that opened for him showed me a video of it.

mittens4kittens
01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
If Rusko plays, I hope he DJs. His live set is cool but I've seen it before, and them tunes been played

J~$$$$
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
How so? The friend that opened for him showed me a video of it.

wrong.

Sanguis
01-06-2010, 11:48 PM
if i were to see dub at coachella i would want borgore, chase&status, Nero, and maybe a few more but coachella is not a place i would go to just to see dub or really listen to dub

dantoro
01-07-2010, 12:04 AM
DUB FX

benhur
01-07-2010, 12:05 AM
any love for emalkay here, he's got some good new dub

Jremy
01-07-2010, 02:42 AM
DIRTYPHONICS

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iE-hWCkv7ng&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iE-hWCkv7ng&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This track has been blowin up my ipod lately:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTfFGcnXBoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTfFGcnXBoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Definitely meant to be listened to in it's entirety.
Download the whole thing here:
http://rs469.rapidshare.com/files/215176507/VA-The_Quarks_EP-APORN005-VINYL-2009-sour.rar

I'm serious GV. This shit would kill in the Sahara.
Anyone catch em in LA on New Years?

mittens4kittens
01-07-2010, 06:01 AM
any love for emalkay here, he's got some good new dub

Supposedly an album forthcoming, hoping Solid State and Battle Suit are on there

hc6WkGmFxIE

z3AtliPCOCU

mittens4kittens
01-07-2010, 06:02 AM
borgore

please no

nbvcide
01-07-2010, 07:52 PM
if i were to see dub at coachella i would want borgore, chase&status, Nero, and maybe a few more

THIS!!!!

mittens4kittens
01-19-2010, 07:44 AM
well, didn't get anyone from my list, but Plastikman and Rusko are going to tear shit up!!!!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-19-2010, 07:45 AM
fuck ya!!

Jremy
01-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't care how tiny his name is on the poster, RUSKO is gonna kill it.

Jremy
01-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Guys, i have to tell you something; whenever i read "Dirty Projectors" on the poster, I think "Dirtyphonics" and it bums me out a little.

kingsleyk
01-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Rusko lol, at least there's some dubstep, hopefully he'll DJ.

SDsoldier7
01-24-2010, 09:20 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iy2TOdvr8QY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iy2TOdvr8QY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Cap That Foo
01-25-2010, 07:49 PM
DIRTYPHONICS

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iE-hWCkv7ng&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iE-hWCkv7ng&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This track has been blowin up my ipod lately:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTfFGcnXBoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTfFGcnXBoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Definitely meant to be listened to in it's entirety.
Download the whole thing here:
http://rs469.rapidshare.com/files/215176507/VA-The_Quarks_EP-APORN005-VINYL-2009-sour.rar

I'm serious GV. This shit would kill in the Sahara.
Anyone catch em in LA on New Years?

YAH! I saw them at TAO! It was the highlight of my night i suggested them on here too..... those duds CRUSH!!! I would love too see them again at coachella