bla bla bla
bla bla bla

fixed

menikmati
06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
True Life: I'm Uncomfortable With My New Body

JewFace
06-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Now that I've been laid off, I have a bit of time on my hands. If I had to pick one show to get into (via DVD), which should it be?

Breaking Bad
The Wire
Damages
Battlestar Galactica

These are the only shows I would watch with some regularity:
Mad Men
Friday Night Lights
30 Rock
Flight of the Conchords

unitedwestand
06-16-2009, 01:24 PM
o man thats like choosing between apple and oranges! hmmm.
u should make a poll about it.
Battlestar cuz they say Frak

AlecEiffel
06-16-2009, 01:36 PM
You should get into Homicide: Life on the Streets.

dorkfish
06-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Now that I've been laid off, I have a bit of time on my hands. If I had to pick one show to get into (via DVD), which should it be?

Breaking Bad
The Wire
Damages
Battlestar Galactica

The first two are great. The second two are garbage.

BlackSwan
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Weeds.

bremex
06-16-2009, 03:00 PM
THE OFFICE!!!!

I'm officially obsessed :D

allyjoy
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
i did watch 8 episodes of alfred hitchcock presents last night...

SoulDischarge
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
How Many Yards Of Razor Wire Can unitedwestand Swallow? It's mindless fluff, like most game shows, but I just can't stop watching.

M Sparks
06-17-2009, 05:07 AM
I tried watching Z-Rock last night, just because my DVR has suddenly stopped filling itself up. It was OK.

Burn Notice is back on, that's a good one.

JewFace...I vote Breaking Bad, but you might want to wait until Season 2 comes out (I'm assuming it hasn't yet.) The first season was great, but short because of the writers strike. It ended before it had a chance to really get exciting. First 2 or 3 episodes of Season 2 are completely insane...I believe they were originally intended to be the finale.

sonofhal
06-17-2009, 05:27 AM
The Wire.

That is all.

Astrid
06-17-2009, 09:26 AM
im going to start watching true blood.

im also supposed to catch up to my roommate on weeds, i also need to catch up on californication and dexter. bleh. im so behind in tv land.

luckyface
06-17-2009, 09:38 AM
I saw a couple of episodes of 30 Rock on my most recent plane trip and I immediately went out and bought the first two seasons on DVD. I can't wait to give them a spin.

I am also reliving The Office as I have just introduced it to someone who has never watched it before.

BlackSwan
06-17-2009, 09:45 AM
30 Rock is fucking great. Be careful how quickly you watch those first two seasons. I went through the same thing, but watched them too fast and now the wait for the 3rd season is killing me.

PlayaDelWes
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Caught my second episode of Burn Notice last night. Made me chuckle.

luckyface
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
30 Rock is fucking great. Be careful how quickly you watch those first two seasons. I went through the same thing, but watched them too fast and now the wait for the 3rd season is killing me.

I hate doing that. It happens all of the time. I usually just pound them out in a couple of days and walk away wanting more.

Castanets
06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
The Wire.
That is all.

Listen to sonofhal, Andrew. The Wire is an astonishingly great show. Terribly over-shadowed by The Sopranos, it's one of the few television shows that can be described as an absolute masterpiece without exaggeration. Believe the hype on this one. It's better than the first season of Friday Night Lights, the first season of Mad Men and the finale of The Sopranos combined.

Ardentbiscuit
06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Everyday I find more reasons to watch Current Tv.

I love the Rottentomatoes movie review show...

And Supernews rules!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4GPAUPWbM

amyzzz
06-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Heroes
30Rock
Life on Mars (British version)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

M Sparks
06-18-2009, 05:54 AM
It's better than the first season of Friday Night Lights, the first season of Mad Men and the finale of The Sopranos combined.

I never cared for any of those shows, but I still want to try The Wire.

Actually, I've never seen Friday Night Lights, and this is the first time I'm hearing people talk about it. I just assumed it was One Tree Hill with Football. Maybe I will try that too.

I don't know why I don't like Mad Men it should be perfect for me.

M Sparks
06-18-2009, 05:56 AM
I love the Rottentomatoes movie review show...

I was so disappointed by this. I hate the format, and it's usually a week behind on new releases.

I still hit the website every Thursday afternoon though.

M Sparks
06-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Caught my second episode of Burn Notice last night. Made me chuckle.

I love how the narrator is always explaining how to do something highly illegal..."Now if you want to destroy someone's hard drive in a secured building, the best way is..." It's like MacGuyver for budding criminals, although unlike MacGuyver, most of it seems like it might work.

Last week, he recommended stealing a garbage truck because they don't secure them very well and people don't really want to look at garbage trucks so they won't see you.

Ardentbiscuit
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
You're right about the Rotten Tomatoes show but I have a soft spot for Rotten Tomatoes and Current Tv...

Did you ever see the Bonnaroo footage they did the Police year?

psychic friend
06-18-2009, 04:37 PM
obsessed
wipeout
jon & kate + 8
little couple

chairmenmeow47
06-18-2009, 04:42 PM

you don't like it because it's not on HBO. they can only be so dark on that channel. plus, they're constantly reminding you it's the 60s. i like mad men and i think this last season was better than the first, but it's definitely not spectacular. i am ready for it to come back though!!!

someday i will get into the wire... someday...

bakersfield
06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
we are enjoying "I am a Celebrity, get me out of here!"

nolanisbomb
06-18-2009, 09:46 PM
joe buck lol

bakersfield
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
joe buck lol

Did you see it? I heard Buck did a good job with Favre, but the Artie Lange bit was over the top in a shocking way.
What did you think...?

M Sparks
06-19-2009, 01:53 PM
you don't like it because it's not on HBO. they can only be so dark on that channel.

Breaking Bad is on the same channel and it's pretty fucking dark. I'd argue that it's darker than anything on HBO...there were two episodes in particular that were darker than Dexter. (Without spoilers, I'm thinking of the bathtub scene and the ATM incident.)

plus, they're constantly reminding you it's the 60s.

That could be it...that bugged me about the US version of Life On Mars. (Only it was the 70's of course.)

When does Psych come back on? Love that show.

BlackSwan
06-19-2009, 04:52 PM
jon & kate + 8

bjohryb6xAU

When does Psych come back on? Love that show.

August 7th.

Castanets
06-19-2009, 08:48 PM
I never cared for any of those shows, but I still want to try The Wire.
Actually, I've never seen Friday Night Lights, and this is the first time I'm hearing people talk about it. I just assumed it was One Tree Hill with Football. Maybe I will try that too.

The Wire is stellar television. One of the few television shows I think you can actually call a work of art without sounding like a giant dildo. I think that's a direct quote from the NY Times.

Actually, with Friday Night Lights, it was a review in the NY Times a friend forwarded me that convinced me to give the show a shot. I hate to be that guy who has to have the critics tell him what to watch. That being said, I do think serious art critics serve an important function and can, at times, help us sort through the weeds. I mean, what could be less relatable rateable to me than a show set in small town Texas and centered around the families of a high school football team? I've been to Texas once. It was very hot. In high school I went to two football games and one of those was just to witness the spectacle of a deeply closeted, but popular boy be elected homecoming king. Anyway, this breathless review convinced me to give at least the pilot episode a shot and I was hooked. Watching this show I sometimes can't believe it's airing on network television. It just seems too well written, directed and acted to be on NBC. The entire first two seasons used to be available on HULU and NBC.com, but not anymore. Still worth checking out on Netflix, though.

Lord, is “Friday Night Lights” good. In fact, if the season is anything like the pilot, this new drama about high school football could be great — and not just television great, but great in the way of a poem or painting, great in the way of art with a single obsessive creator who doesn’t have to consult with a committee and has months or years to go back and agonize over line breaks and the color red; it could belong in a league with art that doesn’t have to pause for commercials, or casually recap the post-commercial action, or sell viewers on the plot and characters in the first five minutes, or hew to a line-item budget, or answer to unions and studios, or avoid four-letter words and nudity. - NY Times Review

Complete NY Times Review HERE (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/03/arts/television/03heff.html)

EastLos01
11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
White Collar is a Show I'm Heavily into. It's on
USA, and if I were to have gotten into this thread earlier it would have been Burn Notice.

locachica73
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I have gotten hooked on Flash Forward. It is the show I look forward to the most each week.

TheWatcher
11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Currently working through season 1 on DVD of Supernatural. Very cool show so far; it's like a horror movie in each episode or a spoof of a horror movie.