PDA

View Full Version : Palm springs

RadicalDreamer
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Ill be flyin into palm springs so if anyone needs a ride from their just let me know.

foudray747
01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
When are you flying into Palm Springs?

back4more
01-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey mate,

I'd be keen to grab a lift from Palm Springs. I am planning to be there on Thursday. What about you?

foudray747
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm flying in thursday too, but I'm not sure on the time yet.

RadicalDreamer
01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
ill be flyin in thursday not sure sure when yet im buyin the tickets tomorow right after my english class gets out ^_^ but ill be more than happy to give you guys a ride to coachella and back to the airport after if you need ill get back to on when i should be pullin into palm springs

foudray747
01-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks, I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to be able to go, but if I am I would really appreciate the ride.

anarkay
01-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I haven't finalized anything at all yet.. but when I buy my ticket, I'll most likely fly into Palm Springs on Thursday, Apr 26. Soo, if anyone is organizing these rides.. I would GREATLY appreciate any news! I'd totally pay you and be your best friend. hehehe. :rotfl

sometimes_y
01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
My 3 friends and I are flying into Palm Springs on the morning of the 27th, if anyone knows of a bus system that could get us there that day since most people will probably already be there when we get there since we can't check into our hotel until 3pm, and if anyone could give us a ride the next two days or something that would be great, we would totally help pay. or if anyone is renting a shuttle we could go in on it or something. We just don't want to take a cab because its so expensive

sfsinger
01-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I'll be arriving friday the 27th. It looks like it may be enough people to start a big carpool.

insolitussomnium
01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I'll be arriving on thursday the 26th with a friend..I would love to rent a van and take everyone who needs a ride but unfortunately a person under the age of 21 cannot rent a vehicle. Sucks..but if we can mobilize some kind of shuttle or carpool id throw down for gas/whatever. I'll be camping..im guessing most of you are too?

RadicalDreamer
01-24-2007, 02:56 AM
i just made all my reservations ill be in palm springs the 26th at 535pm and pick up a nice mustang convertable at 6pm-ish so seats are limited but if you want to ride in style i have a few seats open. and i love to drive so if i end up shuttling people around for a few days i don't mind as long as i don't miss any good music ^_^ when rage comes on my cellphone turns off.

insolitussomnium
01-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Sounds cool, dude. If me and my friend could get a ride we would hook you up with some cash. Are you camping or staying in a hotel?

SheriNOIR
01-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I should be flying in to Palm Springs sometime Thursday too. Seems to be alot of people wanting lifts. I don't drive so a lift or catching a bus is my only option. I'll helps pay costs and be eternally greatful. Hell I'll even ride in the trunk if I need to.

Thanks,
Sheri.

RadicalDreamer
01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
ill be pitchin a tent this year and every year cause camping is the only way to goto coachella and anyone whos comfirmed for palm springs and wants a ride send me a email with your arival time and ill start mappin out how many of you i can grab

joshdcline
01-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I will be flying into palm springs around 11:30 am, on thursday 26th hope to camp onsite, i definitly need a ride, cant rent a car, only 20. i'll help with gas. also will need a ride back to airport on monday am.

Uglycasanova05
01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
me and a friend are flying into palm springs on thursday night our flight gets in at about 9:30p.m. we would pay for a ride down to the campsite or somewhere close if someone can help us out i would be greatful or if someone wants to rent a car or something i cant im not 21 but me and friend will throw in or if anyone knows of another way that would be great. send me a message or something

Thanks
Chris

hb45cj
01-25-2007, 12:14 PM
im from palm springs and heres the local bus system, i use it all the time, pretty simple. www.sunline.org The buses come around every 30 minutes or so.

Here are some directions. It might take a while and be a little confusing for some but it only costs $1.25.

1. Walk onto the main street of the airport, El Cielo, and look for a bus stop for bus number 24. It will be on the right/east side of this street.

2. Get on the 24, make sure it is westbound/towards Palm Springs. Buy one fare for $1 and one transfer for $0.25. This ride will be about 30 minutes.

3. Get off the 24 at Palm Canyon & Stevens. This is the transfer spot for the number 111 bus. If you are not sure where to get off just ask the driver when the stop for the 111 is. Most of the drivers are very helpful and will let you know when to get off.

4. Use your transfer to get on the 111, make sure it is eastbound/towards indi0. This ride will take about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

5. Get off at Hwy 111 & Monroe. Again, just ask the driver for help.

6. Here you have two options:
1) walk about 2 miles south on Monroe St. Major streets you should pass are: Dr. Carreon, 48th Ave, 48th Ave, and then 50th Ave where the polo grounds are.
or
2) you will see a very very very large amount of cars driving towards the festival. Walk towards the direction of the cars while trying to hitch a ride, somebody will pick you up.

Like i said, it might take a while and be a bit confusing, but its either this or pay a hell of a lot more for a taxi or rental car. Also when the date gets closer i will be able to figure out if i can drive a few people as well, im not sure yet though. I hope this helped somehow

Brentw0
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey, just thought i'd throw this out there...

I'm a on site camper heading dwon from Canada. I'll be into Plam Springs around noon on the 26th and would split the cost of a rental car/cab with some one if they want to...PM me if yer interested. thx all

Matt Gnarly
01-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey Brent I'm in the same boat as you, I'd definately help split the cost, not sure what day I'm heading down, probably the 26th.

holly_n_chris
01-27-2007, 09:29 AM
hey hey,

we are also from toronto, canada, looking for a way to get from palm springs to the grounds. looks like we'll be arriving mid-afternoon on the 26th and we are more than willing to pitch in to share something with some wonderful people out there. let me know if you're interested at all...

nowornevertoday@hotmail.com (msn or email me)

hopefully we can figure something out. yay coachella :D

petitefleur
01-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks for helping out with buses ride! So much easier to understand now!
Let me know if you can drive a few people, i'll be in with my friends.

meg_petitefleur@hotmail.com

im from palm springs and heres the local bus system, i use it all the time, pretty simple. www.sunline.org The buses come around every 30 minutes or so.

Here are some directions. It might take a while and be a little confusing for some but it only costs $1.25.

1. Walk onto the main street of the airport, El Cielo, and look for a bus stop for bus number 24. It will be on the right/east side of this street.

2. Get on the 24, make sure it is westbound/towards Palm Springs. Buy one fare for $1 and one transfer for $0.25. This ride will be about 30 minutes.

3. Get off the 24 at Palm Canyon & Stevens. This is the transfer spot for the number 111 bus. If you are not sure where to get off just ask the driver when the stop for the 111 is. Most of the drivers are very helpful and will let you know when to get off.

4. Use your transfer to get on the 111, make sure it is eastbound/towards indi0. This ride will take about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

5. Get off at Hwy 111 & Monroe. Again, just ask the driver for help.

6. Here you have two options:
1) walk about 2 miles south on Monroe St. Major streets you should pass are: Dr. Carreon, 48th Ave, 48th Ave, and then 50th Ave where the polo grounds are.
or
2) you will see a very very very large amount of cars driving towards the festival. Walk towards the direction of the cars while trying to hitch a ride, somebody will pick you up.

Like i said, it might take a while and be a bit confusing, but its either this or pay a hell of a lot more for a taxi or rental car. Also when the date gets closer i will be able to figure out if i can drive a few people as well, im not sure yet though. I hope this helped somehow

andy311
01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
hey i'll be coming into palm springs around 6 pm on that thursday and am down for splitting a cab if anyone wants to.

vijin
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
My flight to palm springs arrives at around the same time; if you can't find a ride would you be interested in splitting a cab?

Lisa

me and a friend are flying into palm springs on thursday night our flight gets in at about 9:30p.m. we would pay for a ride down to the campsite or somewhere close if someone can help us out i would be greatful or if someone wants to rent a car or something i cant im not 21 but me and friend will throw in or if anyone knows of another way that would be great. send me a message or something

Thanks
Chris

microserfs21
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
flying into palm springs on thursday at 2 with a friend, willing to split a cab or chip in gas money for a ride

guillerho
02-05-2007, 08:59 AM
me and three others fly into palm springs late friday. is there anyone else arriving late that would like to carpool?

JUCHO
02-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I`ll be flying to Tijuana on thursday 26, by friday morning, I`m renting a car in chula vista,CA and driving to Coachella. I ve got a hotel in Central Palm Springs, so, if somebody needs a ride, just let me know.

Uglycasanova05
02-12-2007, 05:47 AM
My flight comes in to Palm Springs 11 on thursday night i would really appreciate some sort of ride or split a cab or something, if anyone can help me out it would be great e-mail me at Uglycasanova05@yahoo.com Thanks