PDA

View Full Version : Hitler hates The Mars Volta

Neutral Milk Hotel
06-08-2009, 05:19 PM
a5u8KggfGAY

rage patton
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
"YOU SAID IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO MAKE ANYTHING SHITTIER THAN THE BEDLAM IN GOLIATH!"

Ahahahahahaha. That was great. Hitler speaks the truth.

Except for the fact that this album is far better than Bedlam and I think just a bit better than Amputecture.

pancakespancakes
06-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Hahahahahahah that was amazing. Thanks for that.

Principal Onyx Blackman
06-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I saw the mars volta live once. MEH.

woogie846
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Is Octahedron really that bad? I haven't heard anything from it.

Daft Fro
06-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I lol'd, hard.

WhyTheLongFace
06-08-2009, 09:58 PM
HAHAHAAHAH

PassiveTheory
06-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Someone should do one for the Hazards of Love.

TallGuyCM
06-09-2009, 01:10 AM
WELL DONE, that's absolutely hilarious. I really had no idea what this was all about from the title of the thread, but damn. Great find. And I don't agree, btw. Although I have my reservations as to how the Octahedron songs will come off live, gonna find out tomorrow night in Ventura at least! :)

zenidogx
06-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Someone should do one for the Hazards of Love.
:rolleyes

bmack86
06-09-2009, 01:30 AM
God, Downfall was awesome.

PassiveTheory
06-09-2009, 01:37 AM
I watched that movie years ago... Way before the meme. It's very good.

clumsy342
06-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Except for the fact that this album is far better than Bedlam and I think just a bit better than Amputecture.

No way is Octahedron better than Amputcture...
Although, I did edit myself a waaayy better version of Amputecture... made it way more listenable.

I'm trying to give Octahedron a chance.. we'll see.. but since Bedlam its like.. eeehhh... going downhill.

Neutral Milk Hotel
06-09-2009, 06:03 AM
I edited myself a way better version of Amputechture too.

This is the tracklisting:

sbessiso
06-09-2009, 06:10 AM
:pulse ^^^^

I'm going to be so fucking far away from them at Bonnaroo, I might even leave the grounds

GnarVee
06-09-2009, 08:32 AM
holy fuck......that was awesome!

amyzzz
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
"YOU SAID IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO MAKE ANYTHING SHITTIER THAN THE BEDLAM IN GOLIATH!"

Ahahahahahaha. That was great. Hitler speaks the truth.

ha. I haven't heard any of those albums. guess I need to do some research today. I liked the 1st one and 2nd one though. :)

frazzles
06-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Lulz.

Totally forgot they had said they were releasing another album.

rage patton
06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
ha. I haven't heard any of those albums. guess I need to do some research today. I liked the 1st one and 2nd one though. :)

Amy, the first album is Deloused... and it is incredible. Second album was Frances The Mute and it was almost equally incredible. So it is no surprise you like the first two. Amputecture was their third album and it had two amazing songs and the rest of it was basically garbage. (The songs I am refering to are "Asilos Magdalena" and "Day of The Baphomets"). Their fouth album Bedlam in Goliath is a worthless album. I have never ever listened to it all the way through. I couldn't do it. Octahedron is their fifth, and newest, album. As a whole, I think the album is better than Amputecture. With that being said, it doesn't have any tracks that blow me away like "Asilos Magdalena" and "Day of The Baphomets" did on Ampuecture. On Octahedron, I would say my favorite track is definitely "Desperate Graves" and in second I would say "Teflon." The lead of single "Since We've Been Wrong" is awful.

amyzzz
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
So why do you want to see them if their last 3 albums mostly sucked?

rage patton
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Because I have seen them 3 times. The first two times absolutely blew my mind. The second time was even after Amputecture came out and they still were incredible. However, last year their Sasquatch set was absolutely horrible. I heard from a friend their Vancouver show two days earlier was amazing. They are the definition of a hit-or-miss live band... and I really want to make up for the horrendous Sasquatch set. If they are even half as bad at Bonnaroo as they were at Sasquatch, I think I might cry.

superfiction
06-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Because I have seen them 3 times. The first two times absolutely blew my mind. The second time was even after Amputecture came out and they still were incredible. However, last year their Sasquatch set was absolutely horrible. I heard from a friend their Vancouver show two days earlier was amazing. They are the definition of a hit-or-miss live band... and I really want to make up for the horrendous Sasquatch set. If they are even half as bad at Bonnaroo as they were at Sasquatch, I think I might cry.

im so jealous youre going to roo. i want to see nin again soooo bad

amyzzz
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I saw them live ONCE with The Pixies in fall of 2004 I think. I'd only heard the first album at that point, and I don't think I recognized a single song and was a bit put off by the jamminess. I was going to go with Jacob when they toured for Frances the Mute but we couldn't find a babysitter and my brother went with Jacob instead.

GrossMagic
06-09-2009, 11:49 AM
This is going to be epic tonight!!! Whos joining me at the Majestic?