PDA

View Full Version : The Cribs put finishing touches on new album

sk8r408
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
from NME.com

The Cribs have nearly finished recording their fourth studio album, which they are aiming to release in September.

The band spent several weeks recording in Los Angeles with producer Nick Launay (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nick Cave) this spring at his home studio in Laurel Canyon.

"We were in LA quite a long time," bassist/vocalist Gary Jarman told NME.COM. "We recorded our first album in a week, but we spent the best part of three months doing this album.

"We recorded everything live and we'd finish working around 1:00 or 2:00am when all the bars in LA were closed, so there was no reason to go out. It was sort of like a social experiment," he said.

The band have finished recording all 12 tracks set to appear on the album, Jarman said, and have mixed all but two of them, which his brothers and fourth band member Johnny Marr, formerly of The Smiths, are planning to mix in London next week.

Track titles include 'Last Year's Snow', 'Cheat On Me', 'Serve Your Secrets', 'Stick To Your Guns' 'Ignore The Ignorant', 'We Were Aborted' and 'We Share The Same Skies'.

He added they are still trying to decide how to order the tracks on the album, which he said has been extremely challenging. "I have so many napkins from bars with different tracklistings on them," he laughed.

The band have not yet been able to agree on the title of the new album. "We have different opinions," he said. "This record's gonna follow us around for the rest of our lives so we're labouring over the title."

Jarman said that the band had good chemistry working with producer Launay. "Nick's worked on some really good records and dealt with intense bands. He's up for different ideas and got the best out of us. I've had some self-confidence issues in the studio with my voice since I had surgery. He got us to work harder and have belief (in ourselves) and got the best and most natural performances."

Jarman said that The Cribs intend to embark on a UK tour in September and will then perform in Japan. They are hoping to tour the US before the end of 2009.

--By our Los Angeles staff.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-cribs/45119

I can't wait to hear it!

bballarl
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
I enjoyed their last album.

zenidogx
06-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm excited for this.

Sushov23
06-04-2009, 08:19 PM
YAY! can't wait.

sk8r408
06-16-2009, 11:27 AM
From NME.com...

Cribs announce new album title and tracklisting

The Cribs have revealed exclusively to NME.COM that their fourth album will be titled 'Ignore The Ignorant'.

The album, the first recorded with guitarist Johnny Marr as part of the band, will be released on September 7 and will be preceded by a single, 'Cheat On Me', on August 31.

'Ignore The Ignorant' was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Nick Launay, and frontman Ryan Jarman explained that the title was partly inspired by the British National Party winning a seat in the recent European Parliament elections in Yorkshire.

"There were a bunch of titles we could have gone with including 'Ignore The Ignorant'," he told NME.COM. "Then in Yorkshire the BNP got a seat and we were like, 'Fuck.' It's harsh to accept that it can happen in your town."

The tracklisting of 'Ignore The Ignorant' will be:

'We Were Aborted'
'Cheat On Me'
'We Share The Same Skies'
'The City Of Bugs'
'Hari Kari'
'Last Year's Snow'
'Emasculate Me'
'Ignore The Ignorant'
'Save Your Secrets'
'Nothing'
'Victim Of Mass Production'
'Stick To Yr Guns'

http://www.nme.com/news/the-cribs/45375

sk8r408
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
The Cribs are giving away the song "We Were Aborted" from the new album on thecribs.com, today only. Check it out!

TallGuyCM
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Tour dates from their web site, while on the subject:

21/09 Dublin, Academy
22/09 Belfast, Mandela Hall
24/09 Norwich, UEA
25/09 Cambridge, Junction
26/09 Liverpool, Academy
28/09 Hull, University
29/09 Glasgow, Barrowlands
30/09 Newcastle, University
02/10 Manchester, Apollo
03/10 Lincoln, Engine Shed
04/10 Leeds, Academy
06/10 Exeter, Lemon Grove
07/10 Southampton, Guildhall
08/10 Lemington Spa, Assembly Rooms
10/10 Bristol, Anson Rooms
15/10 London, The Forum
20/11 Hamburg, DE, Sportshalle (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
21/11 Antwerp, BE, Lotto Arena (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
22/11 Amsterdam, NL , Heineken Music Hall (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
24/11 Berlin, DE, Arena (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
25/11 Dusseldorf, DE, Phillipshalle (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
26/11 Paris, FR, Le Zenith (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
28/11 Rennes, FR, Le Liberte (w/ Franz Ferdinand)
30/11 Boreaux, FR, Medoquine (w/ Franz Ferdinand)

Them and FF together would be a good bill.

sk8r408
07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
The Cribs are giving away the song "We Were Aborted" from the new album on thecribs.com, today only. Check it out!

Just listened to the track again. Can't wait for the new album!

MassiveChemicalPunk
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
My peeps, did you listen to the new album? Different direction, but really really good.

eudaemonia
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I look forward to their show @ The Roxy in November. I'm surprised it hasn't sold out since it's comparatively tiny to their last venue in L.A. (El Rey)

sk8r408
11-16-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/the-cribs/48394

The Cribs announce first North American tour with Johnny Marr
Band set for January gig run

http://akamai-static.nme.com/images/article/TheCribs_AWL221009.jpg

The Cribs have announced details of their first full North American tour with Johnny Marr in the band, set to take place next January.

The band will take their 'Ignore The Ignorant' album Stateside by playing 14 dates on a gig run kicking off at the Chicago Lincoln Hall on January 13.

Adam Green will play support slots on the first part of the tour, up until and including the Austin show on January 23. Ex-Be Your Own Pet singer Jemima Pearl will support for the rest of the jaunt.

The Cribs will play:

Chicago Lincoln Hall (January 13)
Ferndale Magic Box (14)
Toronto Phoenix Theatre (15)
New York Irving Plaza (16)
Boston Paradise Rock Club (17)
Washington 9.30 Club (19)
Atlanta The Earl (20)
Dallas Granada Theatre (22)
Austin Parish (23)
Pomona Glass House (26)
San Francisco Bimbo 365 (27)
Portland Wonder Ballroom (29)
Seattle Showbox Theatre (30)
Vancouver Venue (31)

Did anyone go to the show at The Roxy last week? How was it?

suprefan
11-16-2009, 01:33 PM
They are playing Coachella, so whats the problem waiting.