PDA

View Full Version : Bruno lands in Eminems lap

HunterGather
05-31-2009, 07:45 PM
i sort of made it a point to do anything but watch the MTV movie awards tonight.
But i'ma have to check this on youtube later :D
-------
(from imdb)

Eminem stormed out of the MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday night after outrageous funnyman Sacha Baron Cohen literally landed in his lap.

The rapper had just performed a medley of new hits and was sitting in the audience when the daring Brit - as his Austrian fashion expert character Bruno - flew overhead in a dove outfit, chanting, "Ich bin Bruno. Ich bin dove of peace."

Cohen's outrageous alter-ego 'suffered' an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction - baring his naked backside, he landed upside down on rapper Eminem's lap.

The Stan hitmaker screamed, "Are you serious? Are you f**kin' serious?" as his entourage rushed to free the rapper.

What appeared to be a joke quickly turned awkward when it seemed apparent that Eminem wasn't in on the gag.

As a suspended Cohen cracked jokes about the incident, stating, "Is the real Slim Shady about to stand up?" Eminem and his entourage left their seats and walked out of the Universal Ampitheater.

Before the awards started, Cohen was stunning red carpet reporters - he turned up as Bruno, wearing a leopard skin Speedo-style swimming trunks and T-shirt ensemble, topped off with a matching Bavarian hunter's hat.

HunterGather
05-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Before MTV prolly takes it down:
jhTL7rZke1g

Some people say it was staged. I dunno...

buddy
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
heres a better quality version. i think its staged they took a shot of eminem before he landed in his lap. either way its funny.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLNBUaxx2Lo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLNBUaxx2Lo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

frazzles
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM

Anyways, as with anything MTV does, this shit was staged. At least the falling on Eminem part.

HunterGather
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Err, well yeah. I meant, obviously the plan was to land on Eminem.
I meant whether or not he was in on it.

Alchemy
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
He probably wasn't in on it.

buddy
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM
i think he was. i don't watch mtv, but my guess is they don't want to piss him off.

mattpach
05-31-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't think he knew. They always piss him off.

sbessiso
05-31-2009, 08:01 PM
He needs a fucking sense of humor. He KNOWS it's Sacha Baron Cohen, I mean it should be expected at this point. I hate that eminem still feels the need to maintain this "image" he has

Alchemy
05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
If Eminem were in on it, he probably would have returned and did some sort of funny thing. I doubt that he was in on it though. And yeah, Eminem needs to lighten up. Being gangster is out, being gay is in.

mattpach
05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Being gangster is out, being gay is in.

Lol I'm tempted to sig that.

mattpach
05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
If Eminem were in on it, he probably would have returned and did some sort of funny thing. I doubt that he was in on it though. And yeah, Eminem needs to lighten up. Being gangster is out, being gay is in.

But yeah he wouldn't have agreed to something like that.

shakermaker113
05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
I dunno, I'd be pretty humiliated if I were in his shoes. but I'm not so it's hilarious.

also I am intrigued by this concept of "new hits" that IMDB is introducing.

sbessiso
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM
ahhhhh I just saw it on TV. His ass is literally RIGHT in em's face, it's soo fucking funny!!! I can't wait to see Bruno!!

Alchemy
05-31-2009, 08:18 PM
The aiming was perfect. I didn't think he was going to get Eminem's face between his legs like that.

buddy
05-31-2009, 08:18 PM
they clearly take a camera shot of eminem before he lands in his lap. that to me would say it was planned, and that eminem was in on it. but we'll find out when they interview eminem in the next couple days.

sbessiso
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
I feel like someone planned it, but definitely didn't tell eminem.

p.s-Harry Potter looks so fucking gangster

JustSteve
05-31-2009, 08:28 PM
threw this pic up in the default thread awhile ago:

http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/movies/movie_awards_2009/eminem_in_bruno/281x211.jpg

em seems to throw a lot of homophobic lines into his songs, i highly doubt he would be into something like this if pitched to him.

his "get this motherfucker off of me" sounded sincere.

SoulDischarge
05-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, but he appeared onstage with Elton John. Clearly not a homophobe.

mattpach
05-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Haha he looks like he's going to sneeze

JustSteve
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
one reason it could be staged, though, is why the fuck would eminem hang around at this shitty awards show after he had performed?

SoulDischarge
05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
That's a complete rimming faux pas.

Son of MJK
05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Eminem had his musical performance, which he did early in the show, and then bruno lands in his lap. There was really no reason for him to stick around so the incident gave him his 'out'. Also D-12's reaction was really late and they were laughing. I would be surprised if everyone involved did not know this was going to happen.

Mr.Nipples
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/whocares1.jpg

MOD EDIT: mr. nipples, I thought we came to an understanding at coachella when we met in person. Please stop doing shit like this. This is absolutely the last warning I will ever give you. Stop with the spam, gross pics or annoying shit such as posting the same photo a billion times in a post. I REALLY thought you knew better but I guess you are just stupid and don't want to be a part of this board anymore.

buddy
05-31-2009, 09:00 PM
clearly not you, but enough to state your opinion

JustSteve
05-31-2009, 09:05 PM
yay for the "end" page button.

unknown
05-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I came across this live when flipping through channels right as Bruno was introduced and laughed my fucking ass off. I don't think Eminem was in on it but did wonder to myself if mtv was completely cool with it or if someone controlling those cables got their ass chewed.

HunterGather
05-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Wow, that was unnecessary. U know how long it took to scroll all the way down on my iPhone?? :D

humanoid
05-31-2009, 11:13 PM
nothing is genuine anymore. all of life has become a reality show and everything any of us experience is now staged

dorkfish
05-31-2009, 11:30 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/whocares1.jpg
pretty much

MOD EDIT: Please don't quote some douche who puts a photo in a thread a billion times. It is very annoying. I am surprised you would do this brad.

tessalasset
05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
i was in the audience and it looked staged. the cables he was coming in on didn't even go all the way to the stage. they ended right there. i thought the entire thing was a joke until my friend told me afterwards she saw eminem walk out of the venue. i didn't see that part. but you'd think COME ON, look at how much shit he got for getting pissed off at a hand puppet. you'd think he's learned to have a sense of humor by now.

on a similar note, i thought his performance was awesome. i love the marching band.

caco0283
06-01-2009, 06:15 AM
I don't understand the Eminem hate right now. I thought he handled it right. He had a guys ass in his face....I would expect him to beat the shit out of him. He just stood up and left. He didn't scream or bitch. To me that proves he has grown up.

Just ask Yablo what he would do if somebody was tea-baggin him

marooko
06-01-2009, 07:04 AM
assface.

Alchemy
06-01-2009, 07:21 AM
I don't think Eminem handled it as good as he should have. I expected him to lick it.

real talk
06-01-2009, 09:42 AM
It was the hardest I laughed at the whole show, until two seconds later when that High school musical kid with his superglued sideways strand of hair tried to get onstage and be really earnest about his award.

marooko
06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
how was the move?

real talk
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Went off without a hitch.

marooko
06-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Good to hear. Good luck up there.

AlecEiffel
06-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Eminem is the king of dishing it out and not being able to take it in. He didn't handle it well, he stormed out like a baby. If he took things in stride and laughed it off comedians would stop picking on him at award shows. Remember that time he threatened to beat up Moby from the stage?

It was the hardest I laughed at the whole show, until two seconds later when that High school musical kid with his superglued sideways strand of hair tried to get onstage and be really earnest about his award.

I thought that was kind of adorable. Every other winner was just kind of like "uh...hey, yeah, cool, thanks." but it clearly really, really meant a lot to him.

caco0283
06-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't see how you can say he acted like a "baby"
Telling the world how you feel about people through your songs and having someones ass in your face is on a different level. I still think he handled the situation right. He's trying to do things right now and take care of his daughter. As much as I would love to hate on the guy he acted the way anyone would and it shows he is acting like a responsible adult

bug on your lip
06-01-2009, 10:48 AM
plus he only punches women not gheys

SoulDischarge
06-01-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't know. I had a dirty old stripper shove my face in her disgusting sagging tits before. I just laughed it off and moved on. And that had only a small fraction of the humor of the Bruno stunt.

caco0283
06-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm not saying it wasn't funny....I think its great but I can't hate on Eminem for walking out. I give mad props to SBC for choosing Eminem....he could of done that to the Twilight kid and big deal....it shows he has balls to pick on someone like Eminem

bug on your lip
06-01-2009, 10:57 AM
http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/movies/movie_awards_2009/eminem_in_bruno/281x211.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/3189464022_26a8c3cfa4.jpg

Young blood
06-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I just got my tickets to see the bruno movie. With it I received a free dl on eminems new cd

daft$tar
06-01-2009, 11:00 AM
lick that taint bitch - i loved this last night - even if em was in on it

humanoid
06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Eminem had time to move if he wanted to...If I was sitting in the audience and saw some guy hanging above me, supposedly having technical issues with his harness and cables...which could be potentially dangerous...I would move....you wouldn't want a 200lb man to fall on you from above like that..he sat and waited for him to lower into his lap and rap his legs around his head

Eminem knew exactly what was going on....and he loved it

Ardentbiscuit
06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Reminded me of the Andy Kaufman / Jerry Lawler feud.

Cohen just likes to push buttons of people easily pushed.

I've seen online reactions of Eminem fans so upset over the incident.

shakermaker113
06-01-2009, 05:02 PM
so if he didn't take it well, how exactly should he have taken it?

JebusLives
06-01-2009, 05:03 PM
The only staged part was Em trying to look disgusted instead of motorboating that shit

HunterGather
06-01-2009, 05:19 PM
It would be great if that ended up in the movie, but i imagine it's finished being made of course.

Brunos segments from Da Ali G Show were the best!

humanoid
06-01-2009, 06:39 PM
It would be great if that ended up in the movie, but i imagine it's finished being made of course.

Brunos segments from Da Ali G Show were the best!

they were pretty damn funny, I really hope the movie can live up to them

zenidogx
06-01-2009, 06:50 PM
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/06/sources-eminembruno-stunt-on-mtv-movie-awards-was-staged.html?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-Eminem+vs.+Bruno+staged:+Sources

Sources close to MTV and Sacha Baron Cohen tell EW that the infamous stunt on the show between Eminem and the Bruno star was staged, with Eminem's consent and participation. The sources confirm rampant speculation that the rapper simply must have known that the comedian, dressed in a thong and angel's wings as his flamboyantly gay alter ego Bruno, would fall from a high-wire harness onto the rapper's lap and straddle his face.
Meanwhile, comedy writer Scott Aukerman, who says he was the head comedy writer for the awards show, also claims on his blog that "the Bruno/Eminem incident was staged," explaining "they rehearsed it at dress and yes, it went as far as it did on the live show."
MTV and Eminem have had no comment.

paulb
06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
markhoppus: Tonight Eminem is performing. Should I dress up like Bruno with thong and angel wings, to see how long it takes before I get my ass kicked?
26 minutes ago from web

gaypalmsprings
06-01-2009, 07:13 PM
In an effort to make Mondays less suckable, Jay-Z and Eminem are playing a surprise, promotional gig for DJ Hero tonight at the Wiltern Theater.

The concert will usher in the artists' forthcoming reign over the land of video games, as they've recently inked an exclusive agreement to distribute content through the hands-on app. Despite ugly allegations and legal woes, Activision is set to release the DJ incarnation of its "Hero" franchise in the fall (October 27, 2009).

Sadly, tonight's concert is a private event, which means no soup for you. Unless, that is, you're in the habit of souping it up with the red carpet elite (in which case get on the horn immediately to your roster of celebrity BFFs and tell them you're feeling like bowl of mulligatawny).

According to Randall Roberts -- our man with the plan at the L.A. Weekly -- these are the friends to hit up first since they're already listed. He's so smart. Swoon.

Celebs Listed To Attend 'DJ Hero' Concert
Aaron Staton (Mad Men), Abbie Cornish, Adam Levine, Adrian Grenier, Aisha Tyler, Ali Larter, Amar'e Stoudemire (Phoenix Suns), Amber Valletta, Amy Smart, Ashley Olsen, Bijou Phillips, Britney Gastineau, Deanna Russo (Knight Rider), Danny Masterson, Jamie Kennedy, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jeremy Piven, John Favreau, Josh Duhamel, Justin Bartha, Keisha Whitaker, Kim Kardashian, Linkin Park, Mark Hoppus (Blink 182), Maroon 5, Marisa Tomei, Mila Kunis, Nia Long, Nicky Hilton, Nicole Richie, Pete Wentz, Regina Hall, Rich Sommer (Mad Men), Robert Downey Jr., Robin Antin, Ryan Phillippe, Ryan Reynolds, Scarlett Johansson, Stacy Keibler, Taraji P. Henson, Taryn Manning, Vanessa Minnillo, Vince Vaughn, Willis McGahee (Baltimore Ravens), Zachary Levi (Chuck)

shakermaker113
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
wow. videogames moving up in the world. it hasn't even been released yet and C-list celebrities are celebrating it. with a private fucking eminem/jay-z concert. damn.