PDA

View Full Version : who's up for camping out in the wildnerness?

miles_balogna
02-16-2007, 06:23 PM
since Lake Cahuilla and Coachella on-site camping are both sold out, and with no other close-by campsites to park my ass in...I'm thinking about just finding some secluded place in Indio, perhaps behind some palm fields, and makin' my own fuckin' campsite. anyone else game? I went in '04...I could probably find a place.

miles_balogna
02-17-2007, 01:10 PM
if people are up for sleepin in a car why won't they be adventerous, meet new people and make a free camp of their own? blah.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-17-2007, 03:44 PM
It just sounds too iffy. Coachella plans need to be pretty solid, or a lot of stuff could go wrong. Like say you don't manage to find a place..what the hell are you gonna do then? Drive around looking for someplace all night, probably end up passing out in a random parking lot really late, not get much sleep, be all tired for the show. Repeat the next night? Doesn't sound tasty.

miles_balogna
02-17-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm also trying to see if someone with an offsite campsite would be willing to let us pitch a tent on their spot, but if that fails, what else could we do? hotels are booked, condos are expensive and also probably booked...I'd rather rough it out in the desert than sleep in my car and risk getting arrested and/or getting a DUI for sleeping under the influence. I've been to Coachella before. there are lots of weird, secluded spots around the polo fields. it's possible. and with a little organization and planning, it could be really fun.

HavingAnAverageWeekend
02-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I'll be looking for a place to sleep with my partner, and camping in a rural setting or on public land might enhance my experience, and if you don't mind driving 45 minutes each way there is always the national park :)

miles_balogna
02-17-2007, 09:52 PM
unfortunately we don't have our own car, we'll be riding down with other people, so we need to stay as close to the polo fields as possible. otherwise I'd stay in Joshua Tree or something.

AEversW
02-18-2007, 12:20 AM
WAL-MART!!!

Son of MJK
02-18-2007, 12:25 AM
i still need to find a place to camp thurs night (maybe) but def fri night and sat night, was goin to look for off site this week, but my two friends and I are down for whatever

miles_balogna
02-19-2007, 10:23 AM
off-site camping is also SOLD OUT, unless you want to camp 30 - 45 minutes away. but you've also got to figure in all the people from southern california who will be making the drive out there every day. that means TRAFFIC. so that 30-45 minute drive could easily end up taking you hours.

I've been talking to someone who's camping at Lake Cahuilla, the nearest off-site campsite, and we're trying to stay at his site. if that falls through...we're roughin' it in Indio behind some palm field.