PDA

View Full Version : Coachella-Please reunite Junior Senior!

sbessiso
05-23-2009, 04:25 PM
NfqL7bwx9fs
v0rvlV0nByo

Until the milk comes out!

kpOCGfNRSZY

:pulse:pulse:pulse
http://a932.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/95/l_79fa98e8a195cc0c4bf24b6d3757aef3.jpg

SoulDischarge
05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Coachella, please cure my sickle cell anemia.

MissingPerson
05-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Coachella, when I was very young, I asked for a keeper toy from Santy.

I wanted the pony one, a huge awesome pink and purple pony, with the saddle that you could unlock and store things in. It was awesome.

Unbeknownst to myself, my older sister had also asked for the very same keeper. First. So she got it. I got a lameass snail instead. A fucking snail. It was not awesome, and it did not have a purple mane to comb.

Coachella, please return to me all those years of entirely undeserved resentment I've had for my older sister, and give me the keeper that was rightfully mine so I can finally move on with my life and leave the bitter disappointments of my youth behind.

And Move Your Feet is great.

sbessiso
05-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Goddammit both of you play elsewhere if you're not going to contribute to the love and fandom of Junior Senior.

MissingPerson
05-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry.

I really fucking wanted that keeper though.

And I'm really extremely drunk, so my netiquette is lacking somewhat.

Anyway, tell me things about Junior Senior, I've only ever heard move your feet, and I have them filed somewhere roughly beside Avalanches in my head.

SoulDischarge
05-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Coachella, please give Salah a sense of humor.

AlecEiffel
05-23-2009, 07:17 PM
What the hell is a keeper?

MissingPerson
05-23-2009, 07:23 PM
I can't remember the exact name of the toy, I just knew it as a keeper. I think it was probably Mattel. It was like a My Little Pony thing but about twice as big. There was a pony one and a snail one and a few others, different sizes and ranges, but their gimmick was that they had a bit built in that you could store jewelery in and lock it with a key. All I recall about it now, but I'll find proof of it, by God.

More importantly though, Junior Senior.

DRcube
05-23-2009, 07:28 PM
so i tried to google a keeper, but all i got were menstrual products....

MissingPerson
05-23-2009, 07:31 PM
For more information see here (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22528), and I'm very sorry for being such a jerk in this thread and shall step out of it politely now.

AlecEiffel
05-23-2009, 07:31 PM
I can't remember the exact name of the toy, I just knew it as a keeper. I think it was probably Mattel. It was like a My Little Pony thing but about twice as big. There was a pony one and a snail one and a few others, different sizes and ranges, but their gimmick was that they had a bit built in that you could store jewelery in and lock it with a key. All I recall about it now, but I'll find proof of it, by God.

More importantly though, Junior Senior.

Oh, I do know what you're talking about. I didn't know that's what they were called.

AlecEiffel
05-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Keyper.
http://www.theplasticpineapple.co.uk/USERIMAGES/may19%20038.JPG

Maybe I don't know about these, it seems like they may not have been here in America, though I swear my sister had something like this.

cooperb1
05-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Coachella, please give Salah a sense of humor.

qft and yes to junior senior

TickleMeElmo
05-23-2009, 08:39 PM
They broke up?

Wait... they were still together?!?!

Alchemy
05-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Junior Boys weren't good enough? And shouldn't this be in the Carpools section of the forum?

PassiveTheory
05-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Junior Boys were MORE than just "good enough". Suck on it, Cleveland.

sbessiso
05-24-2009, 06:08 AM
bZATLKyNKWY

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
i saw Jr. Sr. at the Troubadour when they were touring for D-d-d-on't Stop, and it was absolutely incredible. Still pissed I missed them when they came around for the second album. A coachella appearance would be grand

sbessiso
05-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm so jealous it hurts.

Along with The White Stripes and The Rocky Horror Soundtrack, their first album IS the soundtrack to my 10th grade year. I loved them so much I e-mailed their tour manger or whatever and asked them if they ever planned on coming to FL. He said Yeah but shockingly they never made here

:(

hawkingvsreeve
05-24-2009, 01:29 PM
5z3H0zWCsnI

Their best song, I feel.

sbessiso
05-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow, really???

I'll respect that but i'm surprised, it's one of my least favorite song of theirs. I mean I LIKE IT and I'll sing along to it but I dunno, something about it strikes me the wrong way. Its one of the songs I usually skip, you know?

hawkingvsreeve
05-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Interesting. None of their other songs stick with me like that one does. I think I just really like the bass line.

suprefan
05-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Didnt they play a few shows last year? They played the Roxy.

CrimesceneCookie
05-24-2009, 01:58 PM
i saw Jr. Sr. at the Troubadour when they were touring for D-d-d-on't Stop, and it was absolutely incredible. Still pissed I missed them when they came around for the second album. A coachella appearance would be grand

They did quite well filling up the Mojave tent in the hottest Coachella ever in 2004. They played during the day and it was probably 120 degrees in the tent. Fred Schneider (B52s) came out and did a song or two with them.

Anyone else see them at Spaceland the next year? Now that was a show.

sbessiso
05-24-2009, 02:54 PM
From their myspace

Friday, September 26, 2008

Junior Senior R.I.P.
Current mood: accomplished
Hi Junior Senior Friends,

This is Jesper (Jr.) and Jeppe (Sr) speaking.

We have decided in much peace and prosperity to put Junior Senior to rest and focus 100% on making music on our own, as we have been doing for the last year, Jesper Jr. through I Scream Ice Cream -- and now The Little Sisters -- and Jeppe Sr. as Jeppe.

We know it would have been a much juicier story if we hated each other and we split over big egos or something. We even thought of making a fake youtube video of us getting into a fight at a late night party over whether we should call the next album "Jumping Jack Junior" or "Senior Says." But we don't promote violence, kids. Just peace and good vibes alright.

We have met so many amazing people around the world, experienced so many cool things, had so many crazy good times… so many we never even dared dream of. We are so happy we made you dance.

Some crazy highlights and fun memories include… when the B-52's told us we inspired them to record! …bumping into Nile Rodgers of Chic on a NY street corner and listening to him sing us one of our own songs -- which made Jesper Jr. speechless for half an hour! … Recording and having the best laughs with the legendary Motown ladies the Velvelettes on a cold Chicago weekend ("more Pops (soda) Senior")… Dancing with Bobby Gillespie's mom on 'Later with Jools Holland' while UK singer Lulu hit on our bass player Filip…. Playing in front of 40,000 people at UK's Reading Festival which started with having bottles of piss thrown at us, and only minutes later turned into everyone dancing…. Walking the beautiful streets of Nashville for two weeks while mixing our second album… Performing on US morning show 'Live with Regis and Kelly' while Roseanne Barr looked on screaming "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?" ;-) and so much more...

But most importantly, though…

Thank u for dancing, coming to our shows, listening to the music, being there and going crazy. We are forever and ever ever grateful and a thank u would never be enough.

YOU made us so happy

Big Kisses and Never Ending Thank Us

jesper and jeppe

….hope to see u all again soon

sbessiso
10-06-2009, 07:37 AM
hump de :bump

http://www.designermagazine.org/JuniorSeniorPIC1.jpg
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/427153/Junior+Senior.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00008MJ3Q.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

dorkfish
10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
No chance for this year. Bands need to be broken up long enough for both to attempt their solo careers. So you'll have to wait for those albums to come out. Those tours to to start/end. I'd guess that they could possibly reunite by 2013, at the earliest.

Devin the Dude
10-06-2009, 11:04 AM
yeah but maybe. just maybe. a boy can wish.

sbessiso
12-01-2010, 11:57 PM
disregard the RETARDED video. theres a serious lack of JS on YT

kADf51_s5ZI

HandBanana
12-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Junior Senior at Coachella 2004 was amazinggoodfun.
That was the weekend it was like 115 degrees both days and the tent was still packed to the sweaty gills and dancing it's ass off.
I can't recall the title (was it "Move Your Body"?) but Fred Schneider from B52s appeared onstage and sang backup, making the crowd go even further cookoo.

Really glad I was there to see that and hope it happens again some day.

juloxx
12-02-2010, 09:14 AM
All I know is if Move Your Feet played in the Sahara it would probably be my in top 3 funnest moments @ Coachella.

HandBanana
07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
This is the best idea in the world

NachoCat
07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
All I know is if Move Your Feet played in the Sahara it would probably be my in top 3 funnest moments @ Coachella.

When you're right , your're right.

suprefan
07-07-2011, 03:03 PM
This is the best idea in the world

It was fun in 03, but ya know.........

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
07-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Shaking Jeppe Laursen's disgusting sweaty hand at the end of their Troubadour show in 2003 is a defining moment in my life.

GuyInTucson
07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Don't worry, Salah. I am with you on this one.