PDA

View Full Version : MASSIVE ATTACK 2010

PassiveTheory
05-21-2009, 01:33 PM
SO. PUMPED. THIS HAS TO HAPPEN.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3ia00f4b58276bb2e364db097e8284642e

Massive Attack To Return With Huge World Tour
May 21, 2009 - Global | Touring | Dance

By Andre Paine, London

Massive Attack vocalist and musician Robert "3D" Del Naja has revealed plans for a huge world tour to support the release of their long-anticipated fifth album out in October via Virgin/EMI.

The British electronic act has already confirmed more than 40 dates in the U.K. and Europe, beginning with three shows at London's 5,000-capacity O2 Academy Brixton (Sept. 17-19). The U.K. shows are promoted by SJM.

Now Del Naja has confirmed the full extent of the tour to Billboard.biz, which he says is likely to top 150 shows including U.S. dates.

"We'll do the U.K., Europe, then take Christmas off, and then go to Asia, into America and then we'll roll out to the festivals," he says. "When you get on a roll it's such a laugh. For Meltdown [Festival] last year we ended up doing about 40 shows all around eastern and southern Europe, it was really good fun. So I can imagine for this we'll end up doing maybe 150 gigs."

The band debuted new songs at their 2008 shows including the Meltdown Festival at London's Southbank Centre, which they curated and they were also part of the line-up. Other dates were added into the schedule once their Meltdown appearance had been confirmed.

He adds that while the U.K. is the first scheduled run of dates, the band will actually begin its tour in Mexico, although the dates are not confirmed. "It's going to be two festivals in Mexico, I think they might be new festivals," he tells Billboard.biz. "The Latin American attitude will definitely ensure that it's going to be a laugh."

Massive Attack's last album "100th Window" was released in 2003 and their fifth set has been due at various stages in the last few years. The act has been working with artists including U.K. rock act Blur's frontman Damon Albarn, Guy Garvey of U.K. indie-rock band Elbow and Stephanie Dosen.

"The album is out in October and we're touring in September, so there will be a two-week discrepancy where we'll politely request the audience's attention while they hear some new songs that have been re-mastered," Del Naja says.

In fact, several new songs including "Red Light" and "All I Want" performed on tour last year were well received. "I think things are changing, I don't think people expect to hear an album they know and then go and hear it live, I think people are much more intelligent than that," comments Del Naja.

He confirmed that the album will be released by Virgin/EMI, but there is no confirmed title - although there was a slight hint that they have returned to an earlier, proposed title, "Weather Underground."

"We had a stage name for it, and we've given up on it, we've gone back," he says. "We always think of the name at the last minute, that way you haven't got to think about it or live with it."

Massive Attack's Del Naja and Grant "Daddy G" Marshall collected the outstanding contribution to British music Ivor Novello award at a London ceremony today (May 21).

Fuck yeah.

faxman75
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Why is this in the rumors section and not the music section?

indietron
05-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PassiveTheory
05-21-2009, 01:40 PM
I figured that if I got the place wrong that this is where it could do the minimal amount of damage, that's why. lol

faxman75
05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
This does work as it makes them a strong rumor for Coachella next year.

PassiveTheory
05-21-2009, 01:42 PM
If they play again, as much as I'd like to see them headline, my gut's telling me they end up subheadlining.

djandrews25
05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
They wont headline, unless they get some huge hits off the new album.

faxman75
05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
This gives me lots of time to listen to them and get familiar as I failed at that last time, or just didn't dig it enough to love the first time around. I think they will sub as well again and that just makes for a stronger lineup anyway.

indietron
05-21-2009, 01:49 PM
They would definitely sub, but hopefully they would have a crowd more suited to their music. Unlike 06 with the Tool fans

Cdubby
05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
This gives me lots of time to listen to them and get familiar as I failed at that last time, or just didn't dig it enough to love the first time around. I think they will sub as well again and that just makes for a stronger lineup anyway.

massive attack- mezzanine

ive fallen asleep to this album probably around 300 times in my life (thats not a backhanded compliment either), its fucking awesome.

faxman75
05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
In 06 they should have played before Depeche Mode.

faxman75
05-21-2009, 01:51 PM

ive fallen asleep to this album probably around 300 times in my life (thats not a backhanded compliment either), its fucking awesome.

I listened to Mezzanine and Blue Lines is it? Something like that. I got to the polo grounds and I'm not sure what it was but I was really far back and laying in the grass. It just doesn't make sense that i don't love these guys considering my love for Potishead. I will restart my listening to them shortly.

HunterGather
05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Great! So I have time to save up for some shows next year.

I'll try to do 2 or 3 shows.

JorgeC
05-21-2009, 01:52 PM
was it the full lineup in 06? I wonder which girl will tour with them this time...Dot Allison? that would be awesome.

SeeYouAuntie
05-21-2009, 01:54 PM
They would definitely sub, but hopefully they would have a crowd more suited to their music. Unlike 06 with the Tool fans

Lots of Tool fans were thrilled to have Massive Attack open. I called it the day I saw the line up. Tool are big Massive Attack fans. But yeah I'm sure there were plenty who weren't appreciative. It worked beautifully though.

HunterGather
05-21-2009, 01:55 PM
For their tour last year in Europe, they had some white female vocalist (not dot or liz) and a new black female vocalist (replacing the long time live vocalist Deborah Wilson).

Dunno if it'll be the same or not for this tour.

PassiveTheory
05-21-2009, 02:13 PM
All I Want is fucking amazing, btw.

rage patton
05-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Massive Attack -> The Flaming Lips for Saturday at Coachella '10!

kreutz2112
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
God I hope they are there.

SDsoldier7
05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
massive attack ---> flaming lips would be sweet.

all though i would preffer LCD soundsystem ---> daft punk on saturday. but thats everywhere on these boards

Pixiessp
05-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Please let Liz be with them. Please!!!!

PassiveTheory
05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
I know it harkens back to 06 in a way, but I would love if we got Massive Attack opening for Depeche Mode. I might mainstage that day if it happened.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-21-2009, 04:06 PM

i have also used this as a sleeping album...but i've done it with pretty much all of their albums, including the "unleashed" soundtrack. they're all amazing and give me wild dreams.

"mezzanine" is also a great make out album

crazzz2007
05-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I listened to Mezzanine and Blue Lines is it? Something like that. I got to the polo grounds and I'm not sure what it was but I was really far back and laying in the grass. It just doesn't make sense that i don't love these guys considering my love for Potishead. I will restart my listening to them shortly.

To be fair, Portishead and Massive Attack are very different. You can love one without loving the other. But you should love both.

boarderwoozel3
05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I've listened to Blue Lines many times but am not as excited about this announcement as I should be. For whatever reason they're just not clicking with me. But Portishead was the same way for a while, now they're one of my favs.

sin213
05-21-2009, 04:30 PM
YEEEEESSSSS!!!!! BACK TO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES YES

kreutz2112
05-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I hate the Portishead/Massive Attack comparisons. They may be lumped into the same genre and from the same town that the genre started in, but they sound nothing alike and aren't supposed to.

Daft Fro
05-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Today is good news day.

Optimistic
05-21-2009, 05:09 PM
That article actually makes it sound like they'll hit up the US in spring and THEN do the Euro fest circuit they do every other year it seems. Though of course Coachella is in the spring so it's definitely possible but i just don't think that US fests are what they were talking about specifically in the article.

sbessiso
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
"Festivals"? Plural?

Coachella

&

Bonnaroo please. Thanks

Daft Fro
05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Massive Attack late night at Bonnaroo would be fucking brilliant. 3hr set thx.

HunterGather
05-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it sounds like they are doing the European festivals.
Their UK tour this year is after september, so its after the major festival season.

But Coachella is most likely gonna happen.

nolanisbomb
05-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Tricky too

superfiction
05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
or just come back to seattle again. either way im always up for some MA. and a new album fucking fiiiinally

Boourns
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Massive Attack -> The Flaming Lips for Saturday at Coachella '10!

i like this. There is a lot of debate over whether or not either act is big enough to headline and the general consensus is no, but both are bigger than most subheadliners usually are. So having one might look weak, but two? That's powerful stuff.

rage patton
05-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Exactly my logic.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://orphanarmy.com/wp-content/hell-yes.gif

PassiveTheory
05-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Me and Romeo here are going to get rail for Massive Attack when this shit happens, you better believe it.

sleepybrew
05-21-2009, 10:37 PM
massive attack is one of my favs and i got to see dj shadow open for them in berkeley and beth orton do vox on 'teardrop'. fucking epic. but yeah i fully support them playing at coachella and hopefully having liz there too. and double hopefully having them play with tricky. i can dream right?

sbessiso
05-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Massive Attack late night at Bonnaroo would be fucking brilliant. 3hr set thx.

You better fucking believe it.

boarderwoozel3
05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
i like this. There is a lot of debate over whether or not either act is big enough to headline and the general consensus is no, but both are bigger than most subheadliners usually are. So having one might look weak, but two? That's powerful stuff.

I'd buy that. It may not be may favorite combo but I certainly respect that those are two legit heavy hitters back to back. Certainly Coachella worthy.

Revisiting Blue Lines at this very moment.

faxman75
05-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Revisiting Massive Attack. As I say, music is a time and a place and right now Mezzanine is sounding fucking beautiful in every way. No idea why it didn't quite take the Coachella year. I was listening to Tricky back in the 90's I think with Maxinque so it really doesn't make much sense that it took me a bit to get into Massive Attack. Either way i'm ready this time. :D

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Massive Attack - Flaming Lips would be a great way to end any night at Coachella. I caught the Lips' NYE show a couple years ago and it was fucking amazing

faxman75
05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
I really don't have any desire to see the Lips again unless they promise to not kill the momentum between songs.

Alright, maybe I lied and I would watch them but I would probably be disappointed. I will need more than 8 songs in an hour and i'm not sure they know how to do it.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I really don't have any desire to see the Lips again unless they promise to not kill the momentum between songs.

Alright, maybe I lied and I would watch them but I would probably be disappointed. I will need more than 8 songs in an hour and i'm not sure they know how to do it.

hahaha the inbetween song bullshit is the best part oif the show!

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Me and Romeo here are going to get rail for Massive Attack when this shit happens, you better believe it.

Dude, you know we will be getting rail (and I'm sure the people behind us will be really pissed!) Massive Attack may be one of the few bands that I would try to get rail for.

rage patton
05-22-2009, 12:04 PM
hahaha the inbetween song bullshit is the best part oif the show!

Exactly!!!

I gave a long version explanation of this in the Pheonix thread.... so here is the short version.

I saw them at Sasquatch 08 and was blown away. The music sounded great and I actually felt connected to Wayne. He made me feel like I was part of the show. Like, if I left, the show would be missing something. I wasn't just watching them. 2nd best show of my life.

Then I saw them at Pemberton. They sounded great and I had a blast, but they only had an hour long set and Wayne didn't talk between songs. Well, he did a bit, but barely any. As a result, I felt distant from Wayne and the band. I felt like I was watching somethng, rather than experiencing something.

Wayne Coyne's banter is an integral part of a good Flaming Lips show.

amyzzz
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Phoenix

sin213
05-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Revisiting Massive Attack. As I say, music is a time and a place and right now Mezzanine is sounding fucking beautiful in every way. No idea why it didn't quite take the Coachella year. I was listening to Tricky back in the 90's I think with Maxinque so it really doesn't make much sense that it took me a bit to get into Massive Attack. Either way i'm ready this time. :D

Phoenix

Good for you fax. I'd soooo love to see them play at Celebrity again. Or Mesa Amp!

Where would you like to see them play amy? other than your house.... ;)

crazzz2007
05-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Exactly!!!

I gave a long version explanation of this in the Pheonix thread.... so here is the short version.

I saw them at Sasquatch 08 and was blown away. The music sounded great and I actually felt connected to Wayne. He made me feel like I was part of the show. Like, if I left, the show would be missing something. I wasn't just watching them. 2nd best show of my life.

Then I saw them at Pemberton. They sounded great and I had a blast, but they only had an hour long set and Wayne didn't talk between songs. Well, he did a bit, but barely any. As a result, I felt distant from Wayne and the band. I felt like I was watching somethng, rather than experiencing something.

Wayne Coyne's banter is an integral part of a good Flaming Lips show.

what a ridiculous post.

BlackSwan
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
So yeah, back to Massive Attack.

PassiveTheory
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
what a ridiculous post.

Hey. Go fuck yourself.

Sincerely,
- Me

BlackSwan
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
You should listen to PT... He is an expert.

Mak Attack
05-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Massive Attack in 2010 would be the pinnacle of awesome.

crazzz2007
05-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey. Go fuck yourself.

Sincerely,
- Me

good one. fucking ogre.

crazzz2007
05-22-2009, 10:49 PM
You should listen to PT... He is an expert.

he skipped his period last month, so his hormones are going crazy this month.

Boourns
05-22-2009, 11:43 PM
it will be hard to top that 2006 performance, with all the singers (liz fucking fraser) and it being the first US tour in 8 years and all.

betao
05-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Massive Attack at given location = Me at said given location.

I am MORE than down for this.

HunterGather
05-23-2009, 12:18 AM
And if its anything like their 06 tour, it will be pretty sizable.
Looking back, I'm surprised they did as many shows here as they did.

Geno_g
05-23-2009, 12:21 AM
If they tour anytime soon, I'm grabing tickets right away...

HunterGather
05-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Hopefully it'll be something like this again (2006 US dates)

26th April Paramount Theater, Seattle, USA
28th April Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, USA
30th April Coachella Festival, Empire Polo Fields, USA
15th September Verizon Wireless Theater, Houston, USA
16th September Austin City Limits Festival, Texas, USA
17th September Nokia Theater, Dallas, USA
19th September Celebrity Theater, Phoenix, USA
20th September SDSU Open Air Theater, San Diego, USA
22nd September Greek Theater, Berkeley, USA
23rd September The Joint, Las Vegas, USA
24th September Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, USA
26th September Riviera Theater, Chicago, USA
28th September 9:30 Club, Washington D.C., USA
29th September 9:30 Club, Washington D.C., USA
30th September Tower Theater, Philadelphia, USA
1st October Orpheum Theater, Boston, USA
3rd October Roseland Ballroom, New York, USA
4th October Roseland Ballroom, New York, USA
5th October Roseland Ballroom, New York, USA
6th October Carlu Theater, Toronto, Canada
8th October Metropolis, Montreal, Canada
9th October Metropolis, Montreal, Canada

They were also gonna do a show in Detroit and play Virgin Fest in Maryland, but Visa problems forced them to bail on that and switch around some of the dates.

PassiveTheory
05-23-2009, 03:14 AM
he skipped his period last month, so his hormones are going crazy this month.

You're clearly the expert on skipping periods, when's the last time you've had any sign of life come out of that desert-dry funnel of yours?

On topic: I'd love to see Massive Attack at the Greek, that would be tremendous.

Boourns
05-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Massive Attack played the 9:30 Club? Holy shit!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-23-2009, 04:30 AM
it will be hard to top that 2006 performance, with all the singers (liz fucking fraser) and it being the first US tour in 8 years and all.

you missed their 2003 tour.......much much better set up...

Boourns
05-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Yeah, they couldn't be bothered to bring it here.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-23-2009, 04:37 AM
too expensive at the time...I doubt they will make that mistake again...

sin213
05-23-2009, 10:54 AM
if phx shows up in the tour dates again i'll be suprised and delighted. but i will be traveling to see a few shows of theirs no matter what.

nicolelmt
06-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I hope they will come to the Red Rocks!!! I will not miss them when they tour the US, even if they don't come to CO....which they should!!

betao
06-01-2009, 11:27 PM
They were also gonna do a show in Detroit and play Virgin Fest in Maryland, but Visa problems forced them to bail on that and switch around some of the dates.

It was actually one of the v-fest's in canada. Forgot which one. I remember reading about it. The one in Maryland that year was a 1 day fest that was stacked enough already - the who, RHCP, the flaming lips, all in one day. crazy!

Massive Attack played the 9:30 Club? Holy shit!

Yeah, I remember seeing those dates up. I had my wisdom teeth taken out on one of the days, and the other day was sold out. Plus I wasn't a big fan back then and didn't have as much access to live shows like I do now.

God I hope they play there again!

HunterGather
06-01-2009, 11:28 PM
(random thought)
A massive attack and portishead U.S. tour would be awesome!

Maybe a third opening act who's a little more upbeat though. That would be one awesome downer of a night!

Daft Fro
11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
bump

425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/880kLRAm7cI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/880kLRAm7cI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this track needs to go down next year.

oftheheartofthesoul
11-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Nice find. They need to play their Batman Forever song too.

seandigi
11-24-2009, 07:25 PM
bump

425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/880kLRAm7cI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/880kLRAm7cI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this track needs to go down next year.

Mos would kill this track live. Holy shit do I want to see Massive Attack!

obzen
11-24-2009, 08:21 PM
I run to this song all diz-ay.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bd7mizeyS1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bd7mizeyS1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XC63-XXR0iI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XC63-XXR0iI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pachucasunrise
11-24-2009, 08:24 PM
please, please, pleeeeeease

Casino Logic
12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Saw this today...

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/20676/Massive-Attack-To-Release-Heliogoland-February-9

MASSIVE ATTACK SET TO RELEASE FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM
HELIGOLAND, ON VIRGIN RECORDS FEBRUARY 9, 2010

Massive Attack
Legendary trip-hop duo Massive Attack are set to release their highly anticipated fifth studio album, Heligoland, on EMI's Virgin Records on February 9, 2010. Last month, the duo released their first new material in three years, giving fans a preview of Heligoland with a four song EP titled Splitting the Atom, which features two album tracks and two album track remixes.

Heligoland features an all star cast of guest vocalists including Damon Albarn, Hope Sandoval, Martina Topley-Bird, Guy Garvey, and Tunde Adebimpe. Long time cohort Horace Andy makes a return alongside Massive Attack founding members Robert Del Naja (3D) and Grand Marshall (Daddy G). Damon also plays bass on "Flat Of The Blade" and keyboards on "Splitting The Atom," while Portishead's Adrian Utley plays guitar on "Saturday Come Slow." The band also collaborated with DFA's Tim Goldsworthy on selected tracks. The cover artwork features an original image by Del Naja.

Over the last three years Robert Del Naja has written and produced soundtracks for a number of films and documentaries, including Trouble In The Water, 44 Inch Chest, In Prison My Whole Life, and Gomorra, the latter for which he won the David Di Donatello Award for Best Song. Earlier this year, Massive Attack won the Outstanding Contribution to British Music Award at the Ivor Novello Awards. In September, Massive Attack headlined this year's Bestival ahead of their first full UK tour in three years, and are expected to announce a U.S. tour next year.

Heligoland Track Listing
1. Pray For Rain - featuring Tunde Adebimpe
2. Babel featuring Martina Topley-Bird
3. Splitting The Atom featuring Robert del Naja/Grant Marshall/Horace Andy
4. Girl I Love You featuring Horace Andy
5. Psyche featuring Martina Topley-Bird
6. Flat Of The Blade featuring Guy Garvey
7. Paradise Circus featuring Hope Sandoval
8. Rush Minute featuring Robert del Naja
9. Saturday Come Slow featuring Damon Albarn
10. Atlas Air featuring Robert del Naja

I am thinking shoe in for Coachella and I would LOVE!

amyzzz
12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
if phx shows up in the tour dates again i'll be suprised and delighted. but i will be traveling to see a few shows of theirs no matter what.
MASSIVE ATTACK ROAD TRIP.

TallGuyCM
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Massive Attack is easily in my Top 3 wishlist for Coachella '10.

mittens4kittens
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Saw this today...

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/20676/Massive-Attack-To-Release-Heliogoland-February-9

MASSIVE ATTACK SET TO RELEASE FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM
HELIGOLAND, ON VIRGIN RECORDS FEBRUARY 9, 2010
!

MASSIVE

seandigi
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Massive Attack is easily in my Top 3 wishlist for Coachella '10.

Me too. I would say Radiohead and Massive Attack are my top two.

hendrixfan143
12-02-2009, 07:37 PM
listened to the new ep. only really liked the first track

sin213
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
MASSIVE ATTACK ROAD TRIP.

for sure

jorluivil
12-03-2009, 02:21 AM
In 06 they played an awesome drum solo to close out their set. I've searched for that video hoping it made it to the net but no luck. Anyone have it?

HunterGather
12-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Daddy G is only doing vocals on Splitting The Atom? Hmph

sin213
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
In 06 they played an awesome drum solo to close out their set. I've searched for that video hoping it made it to the net but no luck. Anyone have it?

I have the full show on DVD and could upload to a torrent site, if you want. I don't deal with megaupload/sendspace type sites though...the file would be too big to upload that way without an account, which i do not have.

the last song, with the drum solo, is "group four" from mezzanine, btw...

Mak Attack
12-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I have the full show on DVD and could upload to a torrent site, if you want. I don't deal with megaupload/sendspace type sites though...the file would be too big to upload that way without an account, which i do not have.

I would like this. I would like this very much.

jtovar21
12-03-2009, 04:53 PM

Yes! Upload it on Dime, please!

menikmati
12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
The whole Massive Attack show is on my site under the video section.

sin213
12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
hey, that's pretty cool menik. i never noticed that the actual vids were there. most of your stuff is informational only, so i guess i didn't click it.

i'll try to torrent the show this weekend for those that want their own copy...not going to have time before that.

brycerosen
12-03-2009, 06:32 PM
i wanna check these guys out, can someone recommend there best album or introduct album

sin213
12-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Mezzanine

http://www.soundspaces.com/catalog/images/Massive_Attack_-_Mezzanine.jpg

menikmati
12-03-2009, 06:45 PM
hey, that's pretty cool menik. i never noticed that the actual vids were there. most of your stuff is informational only, so i guess i didn't click it.

i'll try to torrent the show this weekend for those that want their own copy...not going to have time before that.

Yeah...I just added the video section not too long ago....I figured since a lot of people share and watch vids through Youtube, that I'd set up my own video section on my site which was strictly for Coachella...and I didn't wanna use external youtube videos and embed those, so I installed my own FLV player and encode and upload the videos myself...my goal is just to strictly get most of the Coachella sets that are available as dvd/video on my site...still got many sets to go to, but that's my goal. People can even add comments/tags and stuff if they want...so yeah, it's there for you people if you wanna use it and watch vids.

If you know the konami code, there also might be an easter egg for you...

(I still have no plans to add flac/mp3's of the audio sets though...just 30 sec samples when available)

sin213
12-03-2009, 06:48 PM
If you know the konami code, there also might be an easter egg for you...

ahahahaa...awesome. who could forget that code! i used that over and over and over...i'm gonna go check out your easter egg. :D

edit: nice easter egg! i missed that and wanted to see it. thanx!

sin213
12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
the announcer is gonna be hard to listen to though.... LOL

HunterGather
12-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Mezzanine

http://www.soundspaces.com/catalog/images/Massive_Attack_-_Mezzanine.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s83/joluqui2/massive-att.jpg

paulthomasanderson
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
:bump

Worthy just based on Paradise Circus' video.

oftheheartofthesoul
12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
:bump

Worthy just based on Paradise Circus' video.

Yeah but the porn stache? I threw up in my mouth a lot.

amyzzz
01-07-2010, 10:38 AM
bumping cuz we keep talking about Massive Attack in the poor Gorillaz thread.

GrossMagic
01-07-2010, 10:39 AM
word, thanks for stopping the false hope.

Mak Attack
01-14-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/45538/ITM_Exclusive_Massive_Attack_touring_in_March

Massive Attack expected to be on tour in Australia in March. Hoping they make it to the states by April.

sin213
01-14-2010, 02:28 PM
that's good info! fingers crossed for US dates!

mittens4kittens
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
this may be old news, but for those of you who don't know, Burial is going to do a remixed version of their next album :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://pitchfork.com/news/36727-massive-attack-plan-burial-remix-lp/

obzen
01-14-2010, 02:38 PM
If we get Massive Attack, Faith No More, Thom Yorke, Echo And The Bunnymen, LCD Soundsystem and Orbital - I could give fuck all about who's headlining.

amyzzz
01-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Dunno if GV could afford all those....but yeah.

obzen
01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Of course they can. Especially if the headliners are Muse/Gorillaz/Soundgarden.